PDA

View Full Version : Wioslea [BD 36]

JEDIpartner
01-24-2009, 12:28 PM
I really don’t know what to say about Wioslea. She’s pretty much a character that we see Old Ben and Luke walking away from at the speeder lot. There’s a good reason for this, too. She’s a complete mess. What cruel fate the Maker bestowed upon this creature. She has eyes all over her head. EYES ALL OVER HER HEAD!!!!!! Did you know this? I didn’t know this-- and it’s rather unsettling. She also looks like she’s had the lover half of her jaw removed from her walnut shell-looking head and her mouth is left a twisted gaping pink hole full of teeth and tongue and gums. Blechhhh!!! I almost feel sorry for her, but I’ve given all of my love and compassion to my girl Yarna D'al' Gargan.

Beyond that head, the figure isn’t very interesting. The costume is tan other than the brown robe. The robe is rather nice in that it has a couple of holes in it for Wioslea’s ridiculous antennae. She’s got ball-jointed shoulders, elbows, ankles and a ball & socket head joint.

The legs are those crazy Voolvif Mon-type legs, so she’s a bit vertically challenged. Standard hip and waist swivel joints are applied here. She’s got baps, so you know it’s a “she” and not a “he”. Poor thing probably isn’t going to get any dates anyhow. Such a shame!!

Aside from the robe, she comes with a blaster, which looks a bit like the standard issue Stormtrooper blaster, but I think it’s different. The poor cow won’t win any beauty contests, but you’re likely to take any deal she offers you just so you can get the heck away from her ugly!! Thank you for delivering such a lovely mess, Team Hasbro!

Includes head and middle leg for Astromech droid. This edition was for R2-L3.

I'd rate this a 7 out of 10.

mark2d2
01-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Nice review. I am very excited about this figure. This entire wave, actually, but this is in the number two slot right behind the Jawa and Wed Droid. Both sound like they will stand the test of time...

jonthejedi
01-31-2009, 05:02 AM
For SW collectors & trivia buffs....there was a reason for the oversized "fly" head. As budget crunches dictated what Lucas & Co. could & could not do with aliens for the cantina(some with little to no articulation)...they were forced to explore other avenues. The Wioslea head is actually from an old Lost In Space episode(I can't remember exactly which one, but I believe it was 1st season(b&W). Irwin Allen was famous for recycling alien costumes from LIS to Voyage to Time Tunnel & back again. Fox produced LIS as well, and I guess it was good enough for a bizarre background character. I didn't think it//she was a Jedi, but an alien used car salemen(Wio was NOT in the cantina).

mark2d2
01-31-2009, 05:08 AM
Wow. Thanks. That's a cool little bit of trivia that I had never heard before. Very, very interesting. And it goes a long way in explaining the inherent goofiness of the character who did (as you state) buy Luke's landspeeder.

Slicker
01-31-2009, 02:42 PM
I didn't even know they made a Wioslea figure. Man, I'm out of the loop...