PDA

View Full Version : Jawa & WED Treadwell Droid [BD 33]

JEDIpartner
01-24-2009, 11:31 AM
I donít know about any of you, but I really like Jawas. They are small and weird but they have a lot of character in their design. The brilliance of the Hasbro team is that they recognise that this is a small character and they have been pairing them up with a droid or a second Jawa of a different design. This works well. Speaking of previous Jawas, this one is based of one of the more recent moulds.

This particular Jawa has eyes that are painted a copper colour. This decision is actually one that I can give a thumbs up to. Itís better than the ďlightportĒ feature of plain yellow eyes. They really seem to glow! The figure has a ball-jointed head and ball-jointed shoulders and elbows as well as swivel wrist and waist joints. There are legs sculpted underneath the lower robes, but there are no joints present there. They would be useless anyhow. The bandolier has a holster for the rifle and is quite nicely detailed. The rifle is attached to a power pack satchel by a long cable. Itís plain nifty! There is also a canister of some sort that is meant to be placed on the back of the bandolier. It's a tiny little piece, so be careful not to lose it!

The other figure is the spidery WED Treadwell Droid. It comes in a couple pieces, so make sure you donít lose the little part, which is the antenna that goes on its butt. Itís gangly with lots of arms and is gonna look great at the Lars Homestead droid sale or Mos Eisley or wherever you feel like putting it. Thankfully, you donít have to attach all those arms like on the recent ROTS FX-6 figure. All of the arms are articulated at multiple points. Perfect for any job you might require it to do!

Includes body for Astromech droid. This edition was for R5-A2.

I'd rate this a 10 out of 10.

mark2d2
01-31-2009, 04:15 AM
Nice review. I am pleased to see that this one scored so highly in you ranking. It looks to be beyond amazing. I've wanted this fig since 1978 or so, and I can't believe it will soon be mine... :D

Battle Droid
02-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Does the droid have any working wheels or anything on the bottom?

JEDIpartner
02-04-2009, 09:48 AM
No wheels...

jediguy
02-04-2009, 11:31 AM
I think the Jawa is awesome, but I think the droid is a bit oversized

it doesn't stop me from loving it tho

Maerj2000
02-05-2009, 08:42 PM
The bandolier has a holster for the rifle and is quite nicely detailed. The rifle is attached to a power pack satchel by a long cable. Itís plain nifty! There is also a canister of some sort that is meant to be placed on the back of the bandolier. It's a tiny little piece, so be careful not to lose it!

Includes body for Astromech droid. This edition was for R5-A2.

I'd rate this a 10 out of 10.

The power pack has a little peg on back that looks to me like it should be connected to the bandolier. Is the little canister a droid caller perhaps? Its hard to tell what supposed to be going on with this. I've been searching online trying to figure out how its supposed to go.

One question I have with the BAD R2s is why are there and extra set of sockets on the lower part of the R2 bodies?

Jabbapalacespy
02-05-2009, 09:43 PM
One question I have with the BAD R2s is why are there and extra set of sockets on the lower part of the R2 bodies?

I think it's so you can interchange the R2 parts with the protocol droid parts. That is, put the legs, arms, and head of a protocol droid on an astromech body. It looks really stupid though. Like the Tinman off of the Wizard of Oz.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2009, 09:49 PM
You could also put another set of astro droid legs in there. It's just a fun little add-on thing they did. If you don't like it, then just leave them empty.

Maerj2000
02-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Hmmmm okay. I just saw those and wondered why the heck they were there. Thanks guys!

Snowtrooper
02-08-2009, 09:37 PM
I opened up mine tonight and my first question was which one is the pack in? I can't believe they made the WED droid so big. It kinda dwarfs the Jawa in comparison(but that shouldn't be hard, right?) Wonderful articulation on the WED, but it would have been nice if it would have come with wheels. Not that big of a deal though.

The Jawa is a modified TAC version, which is good. The gun is huge and I'm not sure how the its supposed to be held. It doesn't have a handle and I think its too wide to be gripped at the stock. But its nice looking and alot better than the blunderbuss we got with the POTF2 version.

Its a pretty nice set:9.8

DarkArtist
02-20-2009, 06:36 PM
i have to agree...this is one of the best figures of the wave and perhaps in my opinion one of the best figures from the Legacy line to date. i'm a huge Jawa fan and the treadwell droid is just plain awesome. I picked up 2 of the this set and love them. :love::love:

dr_evazan22
02-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Agreed that the WED is an awesome figure!!! For those that have yet to get it, remember how great it was to get FX-7 and be able to open all his arms.

Well done Hasbro!

nashligo
02-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Looking at this review and its pictures:
http://www.oafe.net/artemis/sw4jlin.php

It looks like the jawa (which looks to be the same one as in that review) is supposed to have a second holster on the other side of its bandolier for the caller, but for some reason it's been removed.. why they didn't punch a second hole or leave the holster is beyond me.

Engineernerd
02-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Alright, since there's a thread for this figure, I thought I'd post a link to my review here. Awesome figure!

For my thoughts and pictures on the Jawa, droid, and canister, click below:

http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews/jawa_wed.asp

JediTricks
02-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Good reviews, and thanks E-nerd for the pics, that cleared up the question I was having.

Engineernerd
02-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Good reviews, and thanks E-nerd for the pics, that cleared up the question I was having.

Glad I could help!

plasticfetish
03-03-2009, 04:38 AM
So, figures from this wave have turned up near me at last. I've had a few days to play around with this one...

...and it's awesome. :)

JetsAndHeels
03-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I finally scored one of these tonight. I had to literally get a case of figures off a pallet and open it up to get the Jawa.

I had been searching for weeks for it, now I finally have it. It is a great figure and well worth the price.