PDA

View Full Version : What Classic Trilogy characters were around during the prequel era?

El Chuxter
08-24-2001, 03:03 PM
I've been thinking lately about how many Classic Trilogy characters show up in the Prequel era--and I don't mean the obvious ones like Obi-Wan, Palpatine, and C-3PO. Here's the ones I can think of off the top of my head--any others?

Sate Pestage
Palpatine's future dignitary (and brief successor) makes an appearance in Cloak of Deception as his aid.

Wilhuff Tarkin
Appears in Cloak of Deception as the Governor of Eriadu and in Rogue Planet as a Republic General.

Greedo (???)
In one of the most famous cut scenes, a brash young Rodian is called Greedo. It contradicts EU and is just a bad idea all around. If Greedo were as dumb as he is in Mos Eisley, he wouldn't have lived long enough to get there. I guess Lucas realized that and made a wise decision to cut it. Still, he's included for completeness.

Wuher
Appears briefly in the Aurra Sing comic. A kid in Mos Espa who's terrified by her appearance and tactics is asked his name, which turns out to be Wuher. The age and general appearance are right.

Tessek (???)
A Senator Tessek is mentioned in Cloak of Deception. I think it's either a typo for Senator Tikkes or Tessek is a common Quarren name. I can't imagine an Old Republic Senator retiring, becoming an accountant, and getting mixed up with Jabba.

Bib Fortuna
Jabba's majordomo way back when. I don't like this one, and the contradiction of EU is the least of my reasons. First, he looks different--way different. Second, he seems young in ROTJ, and this would put him in his 60s. A bit too old for the character as he appeared, I think.

Ephant Mon
Appears in Prelude to Rebellion.

Djas Puhr
Apparently appears as a slaver working for Sebulba in Scholastic's Episode One Adventures. I haven't read this, as it requires an expensive subscription.

C-3PX (EU)
Appears in the same series as Djas Puhr--and is built by Darth Maul!

Princess Leia's Bikini
Worn by Diva Shaliqua. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
08-25-2001, 11:56 AM
Sometimes listing "obvious ones" can help, too Chuxter.

Obi-Wan
Palpatine
R2-D2
C-3PO
Yoda
Mon Mothma (if EU stories are true)
Chewbacca (he's 200 after all)
Anakin/Vader
Jabba
Teek :D

JediTricks
08-25-2001, 01:36 PM
I'm loathe to say this, but Han Solo would be a little kid like 8 or 9, but he could be around in the Ep 2-3 era. But maaaaaaaaaaan do I hope not!

bigbarada
08-25-2001, 01:43 PM
Chewbacca should be at least 150 around Ep1 timeframe, but he'd be happily swinging around on treetops and wouldn't have much use for exploring.

master jedi
08-25-2001, 02:05 PM
this ins't really a character but what about midi-chlorians. If they were around during episodes 1-3 then they would've had to have been around during episodes 4-6. I say midi-clorians 'cause they are miroscopic life forms that live within living cells.

JediTricks
08-26-2001, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
this ins't really a character but what about midi-chlorians. If they were around during episodes 1-3 then they would've had to have been around during episodes 4-6. I say midi-clorians 'cause they are miroscopic life forms that live within living cells. Well, we don't really know that Qui-Gon was right about this, they're not really characters (just a cheap plot device IMO ;)) and there's no mention of them in the CT.

2-1B
08-26-2001, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Well, we don't really know that Qui-Gon was right about this,

Indeed, Qui-Gon is the only person we know of for certain who believes this. Sure, Obi-Wan acknowledges their existence, but they could be nothing more than neutral scientific data. Maybe Yoda's concentration is tied to his species, and not to Force ability.

I know, I know, wishful thinking!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-26-2001, 06:00 PM
According to Mr. Sansweet, Han Solo will not be in E2. Notice I said "Episode II," not, ahem, the other name.

GNT
08-27-2001, 04:15 AM
Not Characters but still interesting none the less....

Lukes Landspeeder
Made an appearance in EP1 when QG,Padme,R2 and JJB were walking before they go to Watto's shop

Jawa Sandcrawler
Can be seen at the pan in to the Podrace in the distance!

R2's (claw?)Plug in device from ESB
Will be used in EP2 so that he can be plugged into Padmes ship!

evenflow
08-27-2001, 09:47 AM
I don't think anyone mentioned Tarkin, he should be around. I would also assume that the Rancor would be around.

JediTricks
08-27-2001, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Indeed, Qui-Gon is the only person we know of for certain who believes this. Sure, Obi-Wan acknowledges their existence, but they could be nothing more than neutral scientific data. Maybe Yoda's concentration is tied to his species, and not to Force ability.My theory is that midi-chlorians do not create the Force nor a way to communicate with the Force, but instead are the RESULT of Force-ability within a user. They don't do ANYTHING like what Qui-Gon was talking about, instead they're just an indicator of something else: the more that show up in your bloodstream, the more you're touched by the Force. This way, Qui-Gon was kinda like one of those folks from the middle ages who thought that bleedings could heal mental illnesses. Kind of like how a bloodtest can indicate whether you're ill or not based on your white bloodcell count; but if someone has a special condition like some sort of midi-chlorian inhibitor or simply less midi-chlorians in general, they would not show up in their bloodstream but they could still have a strong connection to the Force.

Oh, if only Lucas would do this, I would be able to swallow Ep 1 slightly better... slightly. ;) Come to think of it, this could explain away how Dark Jedi and Sith don't get found at a very young age by the Jedi order, though I'm not saying every Force user without a high midi-chlorian count MUST be evil, just that it's not likely they'd be trained in the light side.

GNT, it's a different interface tool on R2, according to the official Star Wars website.

2-1B
08-28-2001, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
According to Mr. Sansweet, Han Solo will not be in E2. Notice I said "Episode II," not, ahem, the other name.

I agree it would be REALLY lame to show Han Solo in Attack of the Clones. Attack of the Clones should be a much better film without the inclusion of this character.

Obi-Don
08-28-2001, 09:26 AM
I think that Ep I could have done without the whole midi-chlorians thing along with"there was no father".

JEDIpartner
08-28-2001, 10:40 AM
Maybe we should have called Anakin's Mom...

"Shmoeba"- Amoebas don't need sex to reproduce... maybe that's why there was no father... :rolleyes:

Eternal Padawan
09-09-2001, 10:42 AM
Lando Calrissian, already the little ladies man, set up a lemonade stand laced with Colt .45 when he about 8 or 9 years old...so HE was around during the prequels!!:( :rolleyes: ;) :p :D

GNT
09-10-2001, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
GNT, it's a different interface tool on R2, according to the official Star Wars website.

They said it was the same tool just that they updated it so it would plug into the ship :)

"Shmoeba"- Amoebas don't need sex to reproduce... maybe that's why there was no father... :rolleyes:

LOL :)

Lobito
10-08-2001, 09:04 PM
Ok lets see:

General Dodonna
Crix Madine
General Riekaan
Admiral Motti

any more...???

master jedi
10-08-2001, 10:16 PM
We havent mentioned Owen and Beru Lars.