PDA

View Full Version : Glimpse of GH AT-AT package mockup

JediTricks
01-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Steve just pointed this out to me. In the Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair coverage over on ActionFigureNews.ca: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=265

The second row, far right, is the bottom of the Galactic Heroes AT-AT box mockup. You can just barely make it out in the upper right area, there's not much to see but you can see the artist drawing of a snowtrooper on white speeder bike, and the drawing of the vehicle legs.

Kidhuman
01-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh hell yeah. I love it. Thanks Hasbro

sebillba
01-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Sorry, wrong thread.

bigbarada
01-26-2009, 09:30 PM
There's more than a glimpse of it here:
http://krisabel.ctv.ca/blog/_archives/2009/1/26/4070765.html

This thing looks awesome!:thumbsup:

Wolf
01-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Dude... beneath the ARC-170 there's a box for the Clone Turbo Tank. Sweet!

Kidhuman
01-26-2009, 11:24 PM

This thing looks awesome!:thumbsup:

I attached the pic here from the link

obi-dad
01-26-2009, 11:54 PM
wasn't it just a few short years ago that Hasbro told us that GH vehicles didn't sell, so they wouldn't make more? I'm sure it's in one of the earliest Q&A's or from a panel at a show. What did they base it on? Continual re-releases of the falcon & x-wings (and those crappy well, not EU, not concept but weird vehicles) that didn't sell. Finally they make new vehicles... and guess what? They sell! (wonder if the same would apply to making quality playsets/diorams?)

This looks amazing... as much as I wanted one, didn't think they would do it in the GH line.

El Chuxter
01-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Those Kota spinoff toys look cooler than all the SW stuff on that page combined and multipled to the Nth power. Kota rocks, and stuff.

bigbarada
01-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Those Kota spinoff toys look cooler than all the SW stuff on that page combined and multipled to the Nth power. Kota rocks, and stuff.

Oh c'mon, how can you not love that GH AT-AT? If I only buy one Star Wars toy this year, it's going to be that.

Unless of course Hasbro decides to give the BMF treatment to a new "realistic" AT-AT. Then I'll buy two things this year. :thumbsup:

So, would a BMF AT-AT be called a BAT-AT?:D

JediTricks
01-27-2009, 11:54 PM

This thing looks awesome!:thumbsup:Excellent work! I hadn't seen that. I am guessing that's still somewhat unfinished, the art looks somewhat more CGI than usual. A friend just asked me if I thought it was cute, the answer is kinda "not as much as most GH", it's really quite bold for this line. In some ways, it's better than the 3.75" line's AT-AT.

wasn't it just a few short years ago that Hasbro told us that GH vehicles didn't sell, so they wouldn't make more? I'm sure it's in one of the earliest Q&A's or from a panel at a show. What did they base it on? Continual re-releases of the falcon & x-wings (and those crappy well, not EU, not concept but weird vehicles) that didn't sell. Finally they make new vehicles... and guess what? They sell! (wonder if the same would apply to making quality playsets/diorams?)

This looks amazing... as much as I wanted one, didn't think they would do it in the GH line.The vehicles aren't selling all that great in my neck of the woods, they sell ok but Hasbro's got too many out at once. Their original answer I think was apt for the time, they didn't sell then. It's only now that they're less frequent and are exclusives so there's no worry about moving more product to more retailers is it working.

bigbarada
01-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Excellent work! I hadn't seen that. I am guessing that's still somewhat unfinished, the art looks somewhat more CGI than usual. A friend just asked me if I thought it was cute, the answer is kinda "not as much as most GH", it's really quite bold for this line. In some ways, it's better than the 3.75" line's AT-AT.

I can't take credit for the find, it was actually Alpha_315 from the Galactic Heroes in 2009 thread:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=660408&postcount=6

Good point about the unfinished, CG-ness of the art and I agree, in many ways, it actually looks better than the vintage 3 3/4" AT-AT.

Kidhuman
01-28-2009, 05:58 AM
I think the current vehicles dont sell as well because of all the repacked figures in them.

Slicker
01-28-2009, 06:05 AM
That AT-AT is pretty sweet looking. I love the clunky, bulky look of it.

El Chuxter
01-28-2009, 01:26 PM
BigB, I'd be excited if this were a year or so ago, but there's an old Johnny Mathis song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM39yIKoSo4) that sums up my thoughts.

They killed this line for me with all the uber-obscure characters, repacks, and repaints. For a line supposedly geared toward preschoolers, there's an awful lot focused on screwing adult completists.

bigbarada
01-28-2009, 03:12 PM
BigB, I'd be excited if this were a year or so ago, but there's an old Johnny Mathis song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM39yIKoSo4) that sums up my thoughts.

They killed this line for me with all the uber-obscure characters, repacks, and repaints. For a line supposedly geared toward preschoolers, there's an awful lot focused on screwing adult completists.

I understand what you're saying. I was never a completist with the line, but I amassed a huge number of figures over just a couple of years and ended up selling off my entire collection just a few months ago. So, right now, I have zero SW Galactic Heroes. If this was any other vehicle besides the AT-AT, then I would have the same attitude as you. I've even recently passed up buying the Dewback, Vader's TIE Fighter, Snowspeeder and even the Skiff set (if they had actually included some new Skiff Guards, then I would have bought it). So, I will buy this AT-AT, but it's not going to signal a return to Galactic Heroes collecting for me.

However, seeing that the AT-AT is on the way, if I see the Snowspeeder set again, I'll probably consider buying it.

Tycho
01-29-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm so down for a GH AT-AT! Depending on the price, I may even buy more than 1 of them! :thumbsup:

Slicker
01-29-2009, 02:20 AM
They killed this line for me with all the uber-obscure characters, repacks, and repaints. For a line supposedly geared toward preschoolers, there's an awful lot focused on screwing adult completists.I've always wondered about that. Do you think little 6 year old Johnny even wants a Slave Leia? I would have to bet that he wants the "monsters" from the movies. It's almost like they just have another SW line disguised as kids toys (well, for young kids anyways...).

skystreak
01-29-2009, 09:35 AM
I've always wondered about that. Do you think little 6 year old Johnny even wants a Slave Leia? I would have to bet that he wants the "monsters" from the movies. It's almost like they just have another SW line disguised as kids toys (well, for young kids anyways...).

I don't know this "Johnny" kid, but I do know that my 4 year old son wanted 'captured' Leia instead of Boush since the Jabba Cinema Scene came out.

Maybe in a year or two he will think that figure is 'icky.' For now, however, he is very glad he has it.

As for the argument that Hasbro is screwing completionists by re-packing figures over and over again, I totally disagree. They are making figures that were available in the past (and usually aren't on store shelves currently) avaialble. How can that be a bad thing?

I have never heard it argued that Kenner was trying to screw collectors back in the day when they released earlier versions of characters on the new movies' cards. They were re-releasing figures that kids would want to play out scenes that take place around the movies those characters appeared.

As for 'uber obsure' characters, think back to the old Kenner days. They released figures they thought kids might like. Star Wars toys have always put a lot of focus on more obscure characters. Hammerhead? Snaggletooth? Frikkin' DEATH STAR DROID!?! Hell, as far as screen time goes, Boba Fett is an 'obscure character,' and the obsession with that character can be traced to the early release of that figure before ESB...

I don't know if anyone from marketing is taking competionists into account in how they market the Cinema Scenes and vehicles for GH, but I do know that this is the only Star Wars line that Hasbro is currently distributing that seems to focus primarily on kids who will play with theminstead of adults who collect.

I'm actually very pleased to hear that someone actually stopped collecting a lien when they felt that the company wasn't giving them what they want/need. If you are right about Hasbro marketing more to collectors than kids, then 'voting with your dollar' is the best way to go.

Tycho
01-30-2009, 03:40 AM
I was talking to a collector-friend of mine who doesn't post here that often, but who loves Galactic Heroes as well.

He has a 16 month old daughter now and he told me she loves Star Wars and totally plays with Galactic Heroes. The Rancor is her favorite and she loves to "feed him" the other Galactic Heroes.

That's so cool.

Also, sort of related (to kids and SW anyway) - my nurse while I was in the hospital had a 9 year old son and they share a mother-son passion for Star Wars. (She saw my comic book and asked me if the story was about Cade Skywalker. How would she know Legacy starred Cade Skywalker if she wasn't a knowledgeable fan?) Well, her 9 year old loves Clone Wars and they have to watch it as a family every Friday night and they've recorded every episode and her boy enjoys repeated viewings. They also have to buy all the 3 3/4" action figures, but her son is really into the Clone War ones. I guess Lucas' marketing instincts are not always wrong these days.

Kidhuman
01-30-2009, 05:56 AM
As for the argument that Hasbro is screwing completionists by re-packing figures over and over again, I totally disagree. They are making figures that were available in the past (and usually aren't on store shelves currently) avaialble. How can that be a bad thing?

Its a bad thing because I would rather spend 20 bucks on all new stuff as opposed to 20 bucks for 1 new figure amongst 10. The only Scene I have bought has been Jabbas Palace. I returned the others.

bigbarada
01-30-2009, 12:40 PM
I was talking to a collector-friend of mine who doesn't post here that often, but who loves Galactic Heroes as well.

He has a 16 month old daughter now and he told me she loves Star Wars and totally plays with Galactic Heroes. The Rancor is her favorite and she loves to "feed him" the other Galactic Heroes.

That's so cool.

Also, sort of related (to kids and SW anyway) - my nurse while I was in the hospital had a 9 year old son and they share a mother-son passion for Star Wars. (She saw my comic book and asked me if the story was about Cade Skywalker. How would she know Legacy starred Cade Skywalker if she wasn't a knowledgeable fan?) Well, her 9 year old loves Clone Wars and they have to watch it as a family every Friday night and they've recorded every episode and her boy enjoys repeated viewings. They also have to buy all the 3 3/4" action figures, but her son is really into the Clone War ones. I guess Lucas' marketing instincts are not always wrong these days.

Hasbro knows what they are talking about when they say that kids are their primary market. Even if an adult collector is visiting ten different Wal-Marts, TRUs, Targets, etc., every single day, they are still only getting, at best, a statewide or regional sampling of Star Wars toy sales. Even then, they only get a picture of who's buying toys during the few minutes that they are in the store. Hasbro gets to see sales figures on a worldwide scale. So they get to see the big picture, we're only seeing a part of the picture.

Where I live, it's clear that kids are the primary Star Wars toy buyers. If I go to Wal-Mart during the day, it's actually pretty rare if I DON'T see some kid looking through the Star Wars toys.

JediTricks
01-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Hasbro's actually said that this line has been more collector focus because it's the collectors who have shown the most interest and even got the SW team to bring the line back and take up its management. Casual collectors and kids are the driving force behind the sales still, but I believe it's more about the SW branding and the specific styling, chibi but not SD, and the pricepoint up until recently made it an easy buy.

skystreak
01-31-2009, 04:50 AM
Its a bad thing because I would rather spend 20 bucks on all new stuff as opposed to 20 bucks for 1 new figure amongst 10. The only Scene I have bought has been Jabbas Palace. I returned the others.

Then spend $20 on 3 or so 2 packs of GH figures instead of 8 or 10 figures, or 2-4 figures and a vehicle.... If you're happy spending around $3 per figure instead of $2 per figure, then more power to you.

I like the fact that I get a lot of bang for my buck (and my son's buck) with the Cinema Scenes.

If all you're looking for is one of each figure then you can do very well only buying the Cinema Scenes. Plus you get vehicles and cool backgrounds. Cinema Scenes have a great dollar to value ratio.

If you don't think they are worth the money, then it is a smart move for you to not buy them, or return them if you have buyer's regret.

Kidhuman
01-31-2009, 08:07 AM
Then spend $20 on 3 or so 2 packs of GH figures instead of 8 or 10 figures, or 2-4 figures and a vehicle.... If you're happy spending around $3 per figure instead of $2 per figure, then more power to you.

But why should I skip the 2 packs in hope they will be repackaged to get at a cheaper price in a BP later on????

I like the fact that I get a lot of bang for my buck (and my son's buck) with the Cinema Scenes.

No question you get more for your money that way, especially a kid, but I have just about every freakin figure in this line since day 1, sans the "exclusive scene" figures. If I collected casually, then I wouldnt mind

If all you're looking for is one of each figure then you can do very well only buying the Cinema Scenes. Plus you get vehicles and cool backgrounds. Cinema Scenes have a great dollar to value ratio.

The backgrounds are cardboard and will take up more space. Its not like I am getting a hanger for the TIE or X-Wing made of plastic. Not worth purchasing for these 2 features IMO

If you don't think they are worth the money, then it is a smart move for you to not buy them, or return them if you have buyer's regret.

I have put some on lay-a-way with a bunch of other stuff and then returned then once I got the lay-a-way out because I really A: Dont have room for all the repacks and B: Dont want the repacks

waboritas
02-01-2009, 08:07 AM
I am an open completist (for the most part) in this line and buy them for my 2 year old son, who loves the figures and vehicles. I don't mind the redundancy in the cinema scenes, as I take the duplicates when he opens them and put them aside as I know he will ultimately lose some of them. At some point when he gets a little older, he may have the option to trade his duplicates with friends that do not have them. I am not in disagreement with Kidhuman's point on some of the scenes. I passed on the Mustafar and Endor sets, as I all I would want in them are the Padme and two Ewoks as, we had everything else.

skystreak
02-01-2009, 05:32 PM
I am an open completist (for the most part) in this line and buy them for my 2 year old son, who loves the figures and vehicles. I don't mind the redundancy in the cinema scenes, as I take the duplicates when he opens them and put them aside as I know he will ultimately lose some of them. At some point when he gets a little older, he may have the option to trade his duplicates with friends that do not have them. I am not in disagreement with Kidhuman's point on some of the scenes. I passed on the Mustafar and Endor sets, as I all I would want in them are the Padme and two Ewoks as, we had everything else.

I have to say that I felt the Mustafar set was a bit lacking. 2 identical clones I can sort of see for symmetry's sake, but 4? Yeah, too much. I sort of give them a pass on that due to the fact that there really weren't any other figures to add to the oack otherwise... Unless maybe 2-1B or the FX medical droid....

El Chuxter
02-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Even if I can't get it, it's the coolest thing ever since the reissue of that Pilot Luke I see everywhere!!!!!!!!

bigbarada
03-23-2009, 05:38 PM
From http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=2277

3) There were reports of a Galactic Heroes AT-AT with electronics (apparently this was seen at the UK Toy Fair) but this wasn't mentioned or seen as part of the US Toy Fair Coverage. Can you clarify the position on this item and when and if we're likely to see it?

Hasbro: The item will not be released in 2009; it is being considered right now for 2010.

:(

Tycho
03-23-2009, 06:04 PM
That is a total bummer. I wonder why they aren't releasing the toy in 2009?

It looks to be done. If that's the case, then 2010 is definitely done!

bigbarada
03-23-2009, 07:03 PM
I wonder if we could ask Hasbro just how far along they are on it? If they have the tooling done, then it's pretty much guaranteed that we'll see it eventually; but if it's just a package mock up, then there is a chance that it could be postponed indefinitely.

JetsAndHeels
03-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Man, that is some dissappointing news. I was looking forward to having the AT-AT and my snowspeeder set together.

JediTricks
03-25-2009, 02:20 AM
It's not a thrilling development, but I can't say I'm surprised. It's not like the current battle pack new vehicles have been really shredding shelves.

bigbarada
03-25-2009, 12:42 PM
It's not a thrilling development, but I can't say I'm surprised. It's not like the current battle pack new vehicles have been really shredding shelves.

The prices on those sets have been a big deterrent for me. There just doesn't seem to be enough there to justify $22-25 each. If I want the vehicle enough, then I have no problem paying that price (the Snowspeeder set for instance); but it's a very effective way to discourage casual or impulse purchases.

I'm just hoping that the tooling of the AT-AT is done and Hasbro is at their "point of no return" for this toy and must release it in some form to keep from losing too much money. Even if it only makes it out as an exclusive, I'll happily buy it from anywhere (I'm hoping for around the $50-60 price range).

Beast
11-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Update on the GH AT-AT from Yakface's Q&A with Hasbro.

Q1: It has been many moons since we heard that the Galactic Heroes AT-AT Imperial Walker was put on hold for a possible 2010 release. Has there been any progress made as to when and where this ultra-cool (and fun) set will be released and has there been a preliminary pricepoint established? It has also been revealed that there is a GH Clone Wars Y-wing coming - are there any Separatist companion vehicles like a Vulture Droid or AAT Tank in the pipeline? And finally, Anakin's Twilight Spice Frieghter continues to see heavy rotation in the animated Clone Wars series, will it too be realized in GH form for us soon?

A1: Thanks for the Galactic Heroes questions. We don't get many of them but the little guys on our desk jump up and down in excitement when we do. Good news on the AT-AT - it is back into the lineup for Fall 2011. While we don't have any of the others you mentioned in the works, we'd like to get to an AAT someday - it would be a great addition. The Twilight just remains too big to tackle, and it's very doubtful that we'll get to it. You never know, though....it would make for a cute vehicle when done in GH-style.

Tycho
11-20-2009, 12:24 AM
The AAT would be wonderful! I'd also so much like a GH Republic Gunship!

JediTricks
12-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Ouch, fall of 2011 is a looooong way off. In fact, now that I think about it, that's 2 years out, longer than their normal development stages, and this is already somewhat developed!

Ando
12-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I was really looking forward to this set myself. I may have to get another snow speeder for a possible GH setup sometime down the road.

Darth Jax
12-03-2009, 08:07 PM
i got one snowspeeder and had been looking for more until it was announced that the AT-AT isn't going to be released, i mean put on hold until 2011. now i won't get extra speeders as i believe the AT-AT is gonna be shelved and will never make it into my hands.

grnsuperman4
01-09-2010, 09:37 PM
The way I have looked at the GH line is that it's primarily aimed at toddlers and young kids. As a parent of 3 myself, I LIKE the constant re-issues. The time that your kids are going to play with these is only a few years before they want the 3 3/4 line. As I have more kids I can go get the lost figures. People are always going to have more kids. My oldest son played with the X-Wing and Falcon and a few figures because that's all that was available. Now he has a room full of 3 3/4 figures and vehicles. My youngest is 1 and I've been buying the vehicles like crazy even though he isn't old enough knowing that if I wait 2 years they won't be available. So say you don't have any kids now but in 2 years you do. Do you want Hasbro to have the main characters available or would you preffer they don't becuase some completists decided repacks/re-issues cramp their style?lol Wierd I I didn't see the last 5 posts till after I posted. IF, keyword IF the GH AT-AT comes out in Fall 2011 that's PERFECT for me. My son will be 3 =). I'd pick up those snowspeeders now as chances are they won't be available in 2011. If AT-AT never pans out you have a gift for X-mas 2011 or E-Bay fodder.

Lord Foortwenti
03-06-2010, 12:36 PM
So, I don't know if anyone noticed, but tucked away in a recent Hasbro press-release was the news that the Galactic Heroes AT-AT is now scheduled to be released August 1 2010!!!!!! :love:

Down towards the bottom of a press-release (http://www.hasbro.com/corporate/media/press-releases/HASBRO-STAR-WARS-2010-TOY-LINE-CAPTURES-THE-EXCITEMENT-AND-ADVENTURE-OF-POPULAR-STAR-WARS-THE-CLONE-WARS-ANIMATED-SERIES.cfm) dated 2/12/10, is this tantalizing tid-bit:

GALACTIC HEROES AT-AT PLAYSET
(Approximate Retail Price: $39.99; Ages: 3 & up; Available: August 1, 2010)
The youngest STAR WARS fans continue to enjoy action figures inspired by the Republic and Empire thanks to Hasbro’s wildly popular GALACTIC HEROES lineup. And now, children can celebrate the 30th Anniversary of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK with the GALACTIC HEROES AT-AT PLAYSET! The largest vehicle ever introduced in the GALACTIC HEROES toy line features electronic lights and sounds, poseable legs, a speeder bike and AT-AT DRIVER figure.

So, I guess they decided to move forward w/ the AT-AT sooner, rather then later and personally, I...I mean my son, lol... couldn't be happier :D

JediTricks
03-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Yeah, there are pics of it in the SSG Toy Fair coverage from last month: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/g5947-galactic-heroes.html

It's quite nifty, looks better in some ways than the big AT-AT coming out at the same time. Unfortunately, it also came with the news that there will be no more G.Heroes Battle Packs, which is how all the other vehicles have been delivered until now.

Lord Foortwenti
03-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately, it also came with the news that there will be no more G.Heroes Battle Packs, which is how all the other vehicles have been delivered until now.

You mean there will be no more Cinema Scenes. That's how all the vehicles have come out up until now, packed into the Cinema Scene packages w/ a couple characters.

I too have heard the news about no new Cinema Scenes, but it really just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I would think they would have a higher profit margin on the Cinema Scenes, and then there's just the simple fact that the Galactic Heroes line is still incredibly popular...

They've just gone back on soooo many things they've said on the past that I won't believe they are actually stopping the Cinema Scenes until I see it. I think more likely is that they will rename the package, rather then ending it completely.

JediTricks
03-06-2010, 05:27 PM
They don't sell through that well, I think that's the problem. They don't move as well as the 2-packs, they don't make as big a splash. I suspect we'll learn at SDCC that they have another avenue for those things, but right now they're belly-up.

You could be right, they could reverse it. I hope they get around to doing a TIE Fighter at least though, I mean, they have plenty of X-wings and only Vader's TIE to counter them.

Ando
03-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm holding out hope that they will continue to do GH vehicles and just phase out the Cinema Scenes with mostly figures.

I wonder if they can track sales on Cinema Scenes and determine which CS sets sell better (Vehicle Sets VS. Figures).

Lord Foortwenti
03-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm holding out hope that they will continue to do GH vehicles and just phase out the Cinema Scenes with mostly figures.

I wonder if they can track sales on Cinema Scenes and determine which CS sets sell better (Vehicle Sets VS. Figures).

Word, I think (read:hope) that "no more Cinema Scenes" really means something more along the lines of "What are currently called Cinema Scenes will soon have a new name, we just haven't thought of it yet. But have no fear as we have plans for lots more GH vehicle(s) and character sets under said new name."

As for the tracking of sales on the Cinema Scenes, I have absolutely no doubt that they have access to those types of numbers, both from retail and online sales. That's what really perplexes me at even the idea that they would discontinue Cinema Scenes, or sets like them. I mean, they are constantly selling out on the Hasbro web site, and in stores, it just doesn't make sense to me to discontinue them.

Tycho
03-10-2010, 08:02 AM
GH Vehicle Want List:

Vulture Droid Fighter
Queen's Royal Starship
AAT Tank
Anakin's Speeder
Zam's Speeder
Padme's star yacht
Republic Assault Cruiser
Republic Gunship
Hailfire Droid
Homing Spider Droid
AT-TE
Dooku's Solar Sailor
Durge's Speederbike
The Twilight
Magna Droid Starfighter
Hondo Ohnaka's saucer fighter
Republic Star Destroyer
ARC-170
Droid Tri-Fighter
Wookiee Flyer
Wookiee Catamaran
TurboTank
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
Droid Gunship
Crab Droid
Grievous' wheel bike
Padme's star skiff (they ought to just re-package the CW mini-rig one as GH)
Tantive IV Rebel Blockade Runner
Imperial Star Destroyer
Sandcrawler
Outrider
TIE Fighter
Y-wing
AT-ST
Rebel Transport
TIE Bomber
Twin Pod Cloud Car
Rebel Medical Frigate
Imperial Shuttle
Jabba's Sailbarge
TIE Interceptor
B-wing
A-wing

And likely more.

Alpha 315
04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Here's a picture of the AT-AT, with perspective to see the exact size.

Tycho
04-08-2010, 11:30 AM
I can't wait to get the GH AT-AT!

El Chuxter
04-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I don't want to see the GH AT-AT's package. It should put on some better-fitting pants.

As for the completist remark, it has nothing to do with repackaging figures. It has to do with the sheer number of $30 exclusive sets that have one new figure, and it's always a figure that wouldn't appeal to kids.

Alpha 315
04-08-2010, 08:29 PM
El Chuxter

I take it you're very disappointed with Galactic Heroes? :confused:

El Chuxter
04-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Not so much disappointed as saddened, since I can't justify re-buying so many figures to get ones I'd really like, like Qui-Gon, even with a kid who plays with them, too.

Unfortunately, the Qui-Gon set is the one that never showed up at Ross for half price.

Alpha 315
04-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I can relate... I'm not gonna buy the Qui-Gon set, because I already have a small Anakin, Darth Maul w/ dual sabre, and the Naboo Starfighter. I'm only missing Jar-Jar (brother lost him) padawan Obi-wan (brother lost him :rolleyes:) and security droid (someone on eBay is asking $30.00 for him). If I wanted a Qui-Gon, I'd have to put $20.00 into eBay. Not worth it.

Tycho
04-08-2010, 10:23 PM
I want an Old Jira GH action figure and some sort of Expanded Universe GH Fruit Cart that she can drive - maybe with an apple launching cannon!

Darth Jax
04-08-2010, 11:48 PM
i'll just take the AT-AT. might replace the falcon as my favorite toy.