PDA

View Full Version : Wave 4 out now!

Thunderbird
01-26-2009, 10:11 PM
I just thought I give a headsup, I didn't see another thread about these being found yet. I found them at Target over the weekend. Start hunting:lipsrsealed:

figrin bran
01-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Wave 4 also hit the Los Angeles area last week so it should be everywhere nationwide pretty soon.

I only bought Padme and Goldie as I decided to pass on the orange clone (already own a few of them from the Target battlepack) and did not see a single Magnaguard or Space Clone.

Thunderbird
01-26-2009, 10:53 PM
I was lucky and found a few sets. I pick up a whole carded set, and one set
exept for the yellow trooper, because like you said they came with the BP. There were a few leftovers sitting when I left yesterday and are long gone now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2009, 12:41 AM
So far I've seen R3-S6 and the 212th Clone. The clone is nothing new if you have the battle pack, but Goldie is sweet. They redid the legs to not have the hole for the rockets, which is fine by me, since he didn't use them in the show.

El Chuxter
01-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I saw a Magnaguard several days ago and would've reported it if I knew it was new. Sorry. :(

jamesbondo07
01-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I found this wave today at Target. Picked up a Goldie, Magnaguard, and the clone trooper with space gear.

jediguy
01-27-2009, 10:51 PM
I found the entire wave at Target

Padme's butt is bigger than the Clone Troopers' butts, and she can't hold either of her guns, her own or the Battle Droid Gun
Goldie is just a repaint of R2-D2, with no changes at all
Grievous' Body Guard is now called Magna Guard, and it's OK; he comes with the staff with electricity and a big gun with a missile
the Space Trooper is the gem of this wave, with the back pack with the launching missile and some great deco
and then there is the orange 212 Obi Wan's Fleet Clone, which is exactly the same as what came with the exclusive Target Battle Pack

DarkArtist
01-29-2009, 11:35 AM
found wave 4 this morning in Walmart. Whoo Hoo. (now if only i could spot Wave 5 of the Legacy line)

JediTricks
01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
The only thing I want from this wave is the Magnaguard, the rest leaves me cold.

JediTricks
01-30-2009, 04:21 PM
The only thing I want from this wave is the Magnaguard, the rest leaves me cold.
Riiiight. So, I ended up buying the Clone Trooper in space gear last night at Target. I was not going to get this figure for sure, but when I saw it yesterday on the pegs, the only new figure, I studied it. The selling features for me were that the space vest was removable, leaving a regular clone underneath, I only have 1 regular clone so far; and the vest has a built-on holster for the smaller pistol, that really cemented my interest. Paint on the clone matches that from the episode they were pulled (that despite them not sporting this space gear), and ties into the Republic logos on Plo Koon's armor. They also tossed in the missile and missile-firing jetpack from CW Obi-Wan, plugging into a hole on the armor back, but they left the mold curved so it fits funny. Ok set, if you don't mind the deco it's the basic clone plus new accessories.

Blue2th
01-30-2009, 04:52 PM
I found this whole wave at Target. Bought all the new figures.
Might as well, there hasn't been anything new out for a while in the Legacy line.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Paint on the clone matches that from the episode they were pulled (that despite them not sporting this space gear), and ties into the Republic logos on Plo Koon's armor.
On some of the early shots, they didn't have the "nose" from the wolf creature on their helmet. Is it on there on the final product?

EDIT: I'm happy to say that I found this and that he has the correct pattern on his helmet, even though I had to look through a few to find one that wasn't lopsided.

Thunderbird
01-31-2009, 10:57 PM
I just noticed that the yellow Clone has a different head sculpt than the BP.
I sure most of you guys won't care but for variation hunters like me this is cool:yes:

There's a small cut out in the chin, black paint apps on the side, above that on each side there are two parts that stick out insted of going in. Plus the whole visior/mouthpiece looks smaller.

JediTricks
02-01-2009, 12:00 AM
On some of the early shots, they didn't have the "nose" from the wolf creature on their helmet. Is it on there on the final product?

EDIT: I'm happy to say that I found this and that he has the correct pattern on his helmet, even though I had to look through a few to find one that wasn't lopsided.On the one I bought, it has that tiger nose as well.

I spotted Padme at Target tonight, but they want $7.99 at that store so it was an EASY no.

Ji'dai
02-01-2009, 06:14 PM
I paid $7.46 for Padme at Walmart. I don't like the price increase either, but I don't know if it'd be worth the gas money and time to pass on a figure I wanted just to get it 53 cents cheaper someplace else.

I've seen most of the wave now except for the MagnaGuard.

bigbarada
02-06-2009, 04:18 AM
I'm kind of wishing now that I had picked up a few Magnaguards for trading fodder. I saw about 3 or 4 of them last night, but passed up on them.

jedimastergeorge06
02-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Found and bought magnaguard, padme and yellow clone yesterday at toysrus and today my girlfriend went to toysrus for me and bought goldie and the space clone trooper then tonight i bought the yellow clone trooper. So im done with this wave until wave 5 comes out in a few months or so. But not sure which one is my favorite yet.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Got all but Padmé at Target today, and then found her at Fred Meyer.

JetsAndHeels
02-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I picked up Padme, the Magnaguard, and the space trooper at WM last night.

There were 2 goldies there also but I passed.

Qui-Long Gone
02-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Ain't nothin out here but just us pegwarmers....

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Picked up the Magnaguard at TRU today, it was just sitting there on the pegs, only new figure. It's an alright figure, the paint is top notch and the sculpt is pretty detailed (the legs could be a little better, but the design doesn't have much to look at there anyway). Upper body is well-articulated, lower body is just hips even though the knees and ankles beg to be articulated. The leg is sculpted in a right-foot-forward pose which gives some stability problems, but nothing too bad. The electro staff is pretty nifty. The big gun has an interesting sculpt and shoots very strong, but is way too big to be anything but annoying. All in all, this figure is a little boring, the robe would have helped a lot, but it's not bad.

jediguy
02-18-2009, 03:09 PM
if the Magna Guard has the cloak and ankle articulation, it would have been just about perfect

JediTricks
02-20-2009, 12:26 AM
And stronger plastic. I just posted a thread about this, but mine warped and fell down thanks to the thin lower legs. The cloaked version is supposedly coming out some point sooner or later.