PDA

View Full Version : Vince from Sham Wow!

Darth Duranium
01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Just found a great shot of Vince from ShamWow! Enjoy!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2009, 03:28 PM
SLANDER!!!!! SLANDER, I SAY!!!!!!!!

By the way, VINCE: An Offer You Can't Refuse will be revealing its first (and only) trailer next week. (It's actually only a trailer. But it's still epic.)

LTBasker
01-27-2009, 03:50 PM
His demonic expression is incredibly more fitting in that picture. ShamWow is old news, though. Now...he wants you to slap it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUbWjIKxrrs

Darth Duranium
01-27-2009, 04:29 PM
We can't do this all day... but somehow, I just can't leave it alone.

Gotta admit, after seeing the Slapper, I truly love his nuts, LT. Thanks for the heads-up.

He really feels a lot of existential angst for the common man... he's quite a prize.

Y'know, speaking of epics, I'm sure Vince would enjoy the next exhibit:

WHAT BROUGHT THE JET DOWN INTO THE HUDSON RIVER?

QLD
01-27-2009, 09:38 PM
What about his Slap Chop commercial where he tells you that you'll love his nuts?

I didn't know, but I just read recently that he is a former Scientologist who is in the middle of a very heated battle with them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2009, 10:26 PM
What about his Slap Chop commercial where he tells you that you'll love his nuts?

I didn't know, but I just read recently that he is a former Scientologist who is in the middle of a very heated battle with them.
During and after the making of his terrible Underground Comedy Movie, which he apparently financed with the money he made from selling kitchen utensils at swap meets, he sued the Farrelly brothers (for ripping him off with There's Something About Mary), Anna Nicole Smith (for refusing to be in the movie after she said she would), and the Church of Scientology, which he claimed had run a smear campaign against him and cost him his employees and friends, who were all Scientologists. They later admitted that it was indeed a smear campaign, but the damage had already been done. At some point in this, he apparently had a stroke, leading to him only really being able to move the left side of his face. From what I understand - and you must realize, this is a man heavily shrouded in mystery - he now sells the ShamWow and Slap Chop to pay for his fight against Scientology.

As I previously said, though, all will be revealed very soon in the stunning biopic about his life. (Actually, there is no mention of his fight with Scientology, at least in the trailer. If there were a feature coming, then it would figure prominently.)

mabudonicus
01-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Hmm wondering how long this will last, JT hasn't chimed in yet after all
:beard: Iso&Baws
nothin against shamwow

JEDIpartner
01-28-2009, 09:11 AM
I dunno who's more annoying-- him or that Billy Mays guy.

pbarnard
01-28-2009, 09:46 AM

Depends on who is on your TV at that moment. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
01-28-2009, 12:22 PM
The duck picture reminds me of the first news article I read about the crash, which explicitly said twice that it was caused by birds flying into the engine, and ended with "TSA officials do not believe the crash was caused by terrorism."

Really? That's quite a stretch there. :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-28-2009, 01:22 PM
From what I understand, Vince trained under Billy Mays for a time. Here (http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v651/148/37/1601690527/n1601690527_82457_6621.jpg) is a shot of their fateful first encounter.

Darth Jax
01-29-2009, 10:18 AM
shamwow the only towel tough enough for chuck norris to use

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Here is the first poster. Can you say "iconic"?

bobafrett
01-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Here is the first poster. Can you say "iconic"?

Disturbing would be more like it.

El Chuxter
01-29-2009, 05:07 PM
You officially scare me. That's even scarier than the knowledge that you willingly watched Mac & Me, knowing how bad it is, and plan to watch it again. :dead:

Darth Duranium
01-29-2009, 05:54 PM
I think that the Icon Himself (Vince) is really Ferris Bueller from another dimension: a disturbing and shabby dimension where his hottie girlfriend dumped him, leaving him to chop his nuts in a Chinese kitchen gadget factory.

I'm almost tempted, in a Plan 9 From Outer Space kinda way, to download his first movie.

Almost, but not quite.

Qui-Long Gone
01-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Sham Heil!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-30-2009, 04:20 PM
You officially scare me. That's even scarier than the knowledge that you willingly watched Mac & Me, knowing how bad it is, and plan to watch it again. :dead:
Dude, I've already seen it twice. It has provided endless hours of fun! "He took my Coke, mom!" Hell, that's Oscar-worthy! :D

I'm almost tempted, in a Plan 9 From Outer Space kinda way, to download his first movie.

Almost, but not quite.
A few of my friends have looked for it but couldn't find it. So you might have to (gasp!) buy it. I know it's on Netflix as well, if you have that. There are some clips on YouTube and it just transcends crappiness.

And in case it's not yet obvious . . . the trailer is a parody more of by-the-numbers, cut-and-paste biopics, focusing on the last guy they should ever make a movie about. The fact that they made a movie based on the life of the guy who invented windshield wipers last year and tried to pump it up into some epic (in the trailer, at least) was just a little bit over the line. Then, after reading Vince's incredibly bizarre backstory, it seemed like a natural fit.

So HA, you scare ME, with your inability to find humor in irony or laugh at unintentionally bad movies. :p

El Chuxter
01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I remember when he was advertising "Underground Comedy Movie" all the time during late night programming on cable. It didn't look like there would be a moment of actual humor in it.

JetsAndHeels
01-30-2009, 05:31 PM

Billy Mays is now working for espn 360.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzQcv4JzILk

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2009, 01:53 PM
There was a beautiful ShamWow joke last night on SNL's Weekend Update.

In other news, the trailer for VINCE: An Offer You Can't Refuse will be premiering tonight during the Super Bowl. (It will probably be on then or a little after, and it won't be on the same channel as the game or any other, but hey, that's something. :D )

Darth Jax
02-01-2009, 02:08 PM
In other news, the trailer for VINCE: An Offer You Can't Refuse will be premiering tonight during the Super Bowl. (It will probably be on then or a little after, and it won't be on the same channel as the game or any other, but hey, that's something. :D )

sounds like its a mobster movie parody starring leslie nielsen

Maerj2000
01-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Just 3 words for you:

Slap Chop Rap

https://www.slapchoprap.com/ver1/

TeeEye7
01-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Excellent!

Hopefully, this will inspire JJL to come out with a musical sequel, yo!

bobafrett
01-04-2010, 09:07 AM
OMG, awesome! Brought a smile to my face today!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Just 3 words for you:

Slap Chop Rap

https://www.slapchoprap.com/ver1/
I actually saw that on TV recently and it blew my mind. It actually aired as a commercial! That's insane.

Hopefully, this will inspire JJL to come out with a musical sequel, yo!
Hmm . . . there has certainly been enough material for a second trailer (the rap, the arrest, Billy Mays' death), but since Vince himself hasn't done much since the arrest last spring, I will be holding off for now. But I await his return . . .