PDA

View Full Version : Where are the cap ships?

Scackmgack
01-29-2009, 11:24 AM
I've always felt that capital ships are some of the best offerings Titaniums can give us...yet they always seem to get skipped in these waves.

Where's the Banking Clan Frigate, and the other CIS warships from Ep III?

Where's the Acclamator-class landing craft from Ep II?

Where are the various Rebel/New Republic craft?

I wish Hasbro would take a cue from WotC and start making more cap ships in the Titaniums line. I actually had to get some Acclamator pocketmodels, and may have to get some Banking Clan Frigates from the pocketmodels line because no one other than WotC makes them in a decent scale that you can also get in appreciable numbers...and the WotC models are so awful due to the soft plastic that I'm really not interested in them.

Until Titaniums get on the ball, I'm stuck with styrene. :(

LTBasker
01-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Well, on the brightside we have gotten the Invisible Hand, Republic Attack Cruiser (Republic and Imperial coloring), Trade Federation command ship (Clone Wars color), Star Destroyer, Super Star Destroyer, Tantive IV (prequel and trilogy coloring), Mon Calamari "Liberty" (needs to be released again, though) and the simplistic - yet for some reason incredibly awesome - Rebel Transport.

The only major ones that are really left is the Trade Federation command ship (pre-Clone Wars colors), Acclamator (AOTC and Clone Wars coloring), Munificent frigate, Nebulon-B Medical frigate and Mon Calamari "Home One."

Darth Duranium
01-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Well, on the brightside we have gotten the simplistic - yet for some reason incredibly awesome - Rebel Transport.

That was an oustanding ship... every time I see another one at the store, I wanna buy it again! The epitome of a great TS ship, IMO.

There are plenty of "new" capital ships in the Clone Wars series, too. I wouldn't mind a Malevolence, one of those Octopus ships, or some of the other Republic ships we've seen.

Darth Windu
01-29-2009, 08:19 PM
That was an oustanding ship... every time I see another one at the store, I wanna buy it again! The epitome of a great TS ship, IMO.
You're joking, right? It's terrible! There's veyr little detail, it doesn't DO anything, and it's not even an exciting ship what with having no weapons and whatnot!

As for the Banking Clan Frigate and Acclamator, SSG has asked about these (my question) for the Hasbro Q&A scheduled for Feb 20 (I think).

clone157
01-30-2009, 12:11 AM
God, I can't wait for Toy Fair. Then at least, we can figure out what questions to ask Hasbro.

Darth Duranium
01-30-2009, 04:24 PM
You're joking, right? It's terrible! There's veyr little detail, it doesn't DO anything, and it's not even an exciting ship what with having no weapons and whatnot!

I just think it's beautifully done, nice detail, nice size. Could nitpick but why bother? For a capital ship, it's one of TS's best.

Don't need no stinkin' weapons or whatnots!

But hey, can't please everyone.

Darth Windu
01-31-2009, 05:41 AM
Well to me, the Rebel Transport is as exciting as, say, a Coruscant taxi. Sure might be unique, but it's just so...uninteresting.

Other big ships (and keeping in mind that a 'capital' ship is a battleship or aircraft carrier) like the Venator are superb, and far better than the Transport. Since they're action-oriented, they are inevitably going to be more popular and help keep the line going.

Of course just because something doesn't have weapons doesn't mean it has to be boring, the Ep1 Royal Starship is one of the best Titaniums ever, yet completely unarmed. Not sure what feature could've been built into the Transport though...

clone157
02-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Didn't some material say that during the Battle of the Second Death Star, they loaded explosives into the rebel transports and used them to ram Star Destroyers? Maybe a blow up feature would help. lol But I would love to see more Capital Ships. I'm hoping Toyfare doesn't disappoint. I know some of you guys have been working on Blackbird customs, so I have to ask, does the Pegasus (without the nacelles) look like a Dreadnaught? Is anyone going to attempt an Outbound Flight?

collapseandrelax
02-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Want to have the Nebulon B Frigate, Nova-Class Battle Cruiser and Interdictor Cruiser. But I guess the chances for that are very low. :(

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Want to have the Nebulon B Frigate, Nova-Class Battle Cruiser and Interdictor Cruiser. But I guess the chances for that are very low. :(
They're producing the Hound's Tooth as a Titanium. At that point, anything's possible.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the capital ships in SW beyond the Star Destroyers, but I'll buy them anyway if I can recognize them. I would like to own the Nebulon B Frigate, and the Liberty, but other than that, the stuff they've done has satiated me. If they did an Interdictor, I'd buy that too, but if they never make one it won't keep me up at night.