PDA

View Full Version : Final Crisis....DC Spoiler alert.....

sith_killer_99
01-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Spoiler alert...
Bruce Wayne lives!:p

El Chuxter
01-29-2009, 06:00 PM
I already gave up. Sorry. :)

The six or twelve years (or whatever it really is--it's seemed like forever) of buildup for this pretty much killed DC in my eyes. Offing the Manhunter, possibly the worst-utilized character in comics history (he's a ****ing alien shapeshifter with mental powers who works as a detective in Gotham--how do you not make that concept work?) was the final straw.

I just wish Batman and none of his "family" ever got into cosmic battles of any sort. Or if he just worked in a strategic capacity. Batman is best when he's fighting the darkest side of human nature, not alien gods.

Beast
01-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah. But he's trapped at the beginning of time with Anthro's corpse.

Also, big whoop. He was dead a whole issue. :rolleyes:

Also what a shocker to explain how Wonder Woman was turned into Darkseid's little sextoy/slave/Fury leader during Final Crisis. Even though she should have been able to resist the Anti-Life Equation. It was done because Morrison claims he didn't "get" Wonder Woman. Whatever. :p

Gee, a massive shocker. This from the guy who said... "When ever I hear the name Beast, I think of Beauty and the Beast. Let's make him a cat!" and who brought us Xorneto. More Craptastic Morrison Garbage.

Beast
01-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Offing the Manhunter, possibly the worst-utilized character in comics history (he's a ****ing alien shapeshifter with mental powers who works as a detective in Gotham--how do you not make that concept work?) was the final straw.
Don't worry. He'll be back as a zombie Black Lantern. :rolleyes:

And DC wonders why they lose when it comes to sales every month.

El Chuxter
01-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Grant Morrison is a genius... if an editor is there to keep him on a short leash. Give him too much leeway, and it is too readily obvious that he's also clinically insane.

I'm not speaking in hyperbole here. Read an interview with him. He really and truly is a man who should be locked away from society.

Beast
01-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Grant Morrison is a genius... if an editor is there to keep him on a short leash. Give him too much leeway, and it is too readily obvious that he's also clinically insane.

I'm not speaking in hyperbole here. Read an interview with him. He really and truly is a man who should be locked away from society.
Well, he's admitted most of his ideas are drugs inspired.

Another shocker. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
01-30-2009, 08:32 AM
The shocker for me was DC's use the of word "final." In comics, nothing is truly final, except perhaps "final issue" of a series. I haven't had the time to re-get into comics, minus the single issues that garner attention, or SW trade paperbacks. :(

sith_killer_99
01-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Well, I believe the "final" was refering to the Monitors, who no longer exist.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-30-2009, 07:27 PM
My point was just that nothing in comicdom really ever seems to be "final," as there are numerous escaped-the-explosion, nursed-back-to-health, powerful-being-or-object-rescesitates, it-just-seemed-that-way, new-writer-takes-over storylines throughout the years.

JediTricks
02-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Right, like they're really gonna kill Batman! Get serious! That character is a cash cow and a cornerstone of their universe. And they had to have learned from the Knightfall series that nobody wants a bogus second Batman... crap, it's DC, the company of Infinite Crisises, they don't learn jack squat!

El Chuxter
02-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Right, like they're really gonna kill Batman! Get serious! That character is a cash cow and a cornerstone of their universe. And they had to have learned from the Knightfall series that nobody wants a bogus second Batman... crap, it's DC, the company of Infinite Crisises, they don't learn jack squat!
Denny O'Neil's entire point with Knightfall is that Batman couldn't be made "extreme" as some fanboys insisted on doing.

sith_killer_99
02-01-2009, 11:06 PM
I agree, there's just no killing certain characters. The big 3 in DC are always going to be safe.

It's just that DC will be pushing this whole "battle for the mantle" thing or whatever they are calling it. I will lay odds that they will push the story, someone will be named as the successor and then Bruce will return.

Weak, sorta like running a RIP series in the Batman titles and then killing him in the Final Crisis storyline.:crazed:

For now I am happy following the titles that I buy now, and I am REALLY looking forward to the Blackest Night storyline. Final Crisis really fell flat in the end, I liked the "Batman killing Darkseid" thing, but everything else was weak.

GL has always had superior story lines anyway. Zero Hour was better than any of the Crisis stories, and the Sinestro Corps wars was a big hit for DC.

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Denny O'Neil's entire point with Knightfall is that Batman couldn't be made "extreme" as some fanboys insisted on doing.
Glad to see he agrees with me. ;)

I actually think they could kill off any of the top and second tier characters in DC, but they'd have to really MEAN it, no "and then another character took up the mantle", no "magical rebirth", no bullcrap. But comic companies can't do that anymore, they're addicted to branded characters. And you always know that even if they stood by their decision, eventually there would be new editors and writers to bring them back in a few years.