PDA

View Full Version : when are they coming

Mirtez
01-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Ok, not sure if this is all ready been posted or what, but when are the new toys for all of Star wars toys to be released...

I go to the store all the time and the shelves are so bare... its kinda sad in a way...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Calm down there newbie, there's new figures coming all the time! Clone Wars wave 4 and Legacy Collection wave 5 are all hitting as we speak. The bare shelves mean that the figures sold really, really well through Christmas, leaving more space for new stuff to come in.

Mirtez
01-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Well Im not a newbie.. :laugh: been collecting for a long time..

I know they sold well, its just that when I aks at TRU, Target and Wal mart, they say they have no idea when and that they had to resend all the toys that had left over from Christmas back... I mean they dont even have the lightsabers anymore...

I will check agian... its just that I am getting fully into collecting and all... The one good deal I found was the Hyperspace ring/jedi starfighter marked down to $24 over the holidays...

Kidhuman
01-31-2009, 08:27 PM
WalMArt does not order the toys, the get sent from Hasbro to the Dist. Centers and then sent to stores. They are on order(for the store by me) they are just waiting on them.

Target has had CW Wave 4 around here, so check there

Jargo
01-31-2009, 08:31 PM
my spidey senses are tingling.....

nope, just wind.

carry on.

Snowtrooper
02-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Like JJL said, the pegs are bare here too, but thats a good thing. When the wave hits, it shouldn't be hard to find. One wal-Mart here has 16 pegs alotted for 3 3/4 figures. Sucks that they are charging $7.49 for them now.

El Chuxter
02-01-2009, 12:08 PM
You'd have to ask Bubo.

(Old joke. Don't worry about it. :))

Slicker
02-01-2009, 11:32 PM
You SOB!! I was just comin' (no pun) in here to make a joke about having Bubo grab a towel!

Obsession is Nute
02-02-2009, 01:15 AM
I checked my local toy trifecta on friday (TRU, Wal-Mart and Target). Nothing. Target had restocked with old stuff, which ****ed me off.

I don't pay too much attention to the CW stuff, so they may have had new figures in, but ZERO evidence of Legacy Wave 5.

As far as I can, with only a few exceptions, nobody has gotten their hands on Legacy Wave 5, yet. Although the online sellers say they have them in stock.

I am going to save on gas and a free afternoon and wait until I hear more people say they have found them. If there is a plus side to what I call the "collecting dry season" it is that I save a fair chunck of change from driving all over the city looking for Star Wars stuff.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-02-2009, 03:35 PM
As far as I can, with only a few exceptions, nobody has gotten their hands on Legacy Wave 5, yet. Although the online sellers say they have them in stock.
So nobody has it, except for the people that do. :p I've seen CW wave 4 quite a few times now, and I've actually seen the remnants of TLC wave 5 (Grievous and sandstorm Luke with the new droid parts) but none of the new stuff. Much like every single wave in the history of the line, they'll trickle in at first and then be abundant, so don't worry.

mtriv73
02-02-2009, 03:42 PM
HTS has all of legacy wave 5 except the spacetrooper. If they had that one I would have ordered them to save looking around. Since the next wave isn't coming out until april or may I'm not worried about finding this one.

Jargo
02-05-2009, 11:11 AM
they're coming to take me away haahaa heehee..

Darth Jax
02-05-2009, 11:12 AM
they're heeeere.

Jabbapalacespy
02-05-2009, 09:47 PM
We have them in West Virginia now. I just found them today. :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
02-05-2009, 10:25 PM
End of year resets are a pain, my guess would be April '09.

Obsession is Nute
02-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Did another run this afternoon. The next wave of Clone Wars has arrived, which I generally could care less about. I only buy the figures that can plausibly slip in with my other figures. I grabbed Goldie and a Magnaguard. I figure the Magnaguard is worth a shot, he looks much better than the ROTS release.

What has me FUMING though is how stores seem to be managing the shelf reductions. My Target and Walmarts have reduced their Star Wars basic figures to about 16 pegs. I know a reduction had to happen, this is not what upsets me. What trips my trigger is that the Clone Wars got 8 pegs, Saga Legends 4 pegs, and Legacy got 4 pegs. I know CW is doing well, but does it seriously merit twice the shelf space of Legacy? With only four pegs, pegwarmers are going to clog up peg after peg, requiring fewer boxes of subsequent waves. I don't want 2 pegs worth of Ugnaughts to suck up the space that later waves could fill. Not happy about this.

pbarnard
02-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Light the torches. Hang a lantern!!! The British are coming!!!

Qui-Long Gone
02-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Coming to get another beat down 'eh? Some people are real gluttons for punishment!

Obsession is Nute
02-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Coming to get another beat down 'eh? Some people are real gluttons for punishment!

??? Not sure what quite to make of this.

bigbarada
02-09-2009, 10:24 PM
??? Not sure what quite to make of this.

I think he's talking about how we defeated the British in 1812, and we'll do it again if necessary.:D

DarkJedi5
02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Defeated? Bigb needs to brush up on his history. The only real victory in the War of 1812 came in the Battle of New Orleans which actually took place after the Treaty of Ghent ending the war had been signed. Mind you, before that the British even burned Washington DC (and the White house) to the ground. Jussssayin'....

Obsession is Nute
02-09-2009, 11:15 PM
:: Slaps forehead.:: Thanks Barada, some days I think I need my head examined.

Blue2th
02-09-2009, 11:54 PM
"We cooked a lot of bacon, we cooked a lot of beans, and we fought the bloody British in the town of New Orleans" -Johnny Horton (he also sang about the "Bloody Bismark") he liked to sing about bloody things. :yes:

I think that's where they got the saying "Don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes"

:squareeye

Man the pegs of Walmart are EMPTY around here. Except for a few Yarna's and that other denizen guy (i forgot his name :cross-eye)

DarkJedi5
02-09-2009, 11:57 PM
I think that's where they got the saying "Don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes"

Nope that's from the Revolution, Battle of Bunker Hill, IIRC. They didn't have much ammo so they had to make their shots count.