PDA

View Full Version : How did you spend your Saturday?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

TeeEye7
07-05-2009, 03:46 AM
You got esploded?

Yes I did....D200 style!

Duck and cover!!!

Ji'dai
07-05-2009, 09:39 AM
It rained from morning well into the night. It was cool, overcast and dark most of the day. I pretty much stayed inside the entire day and continued to scan comic book covers in my collection. Though it was still raining, I could hear some loud booms and explosions after it got dark so there were a few die-hards who got their rock[et]s off on the appointed day. All the public fireworks shows were postponed or cancelled.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Got DirecTV installed (but have to wait another 2 weeks for the DSL internet to get put in :upset: ), but while vacuuming the floor, the outlet where the TV goes blew a fuse. Nice. But all the new stations are cool, and just one remote is helpful, as well. Read a couple books, watched the singing, speeches, and fireworks on A Capitol Fourth on PBS. Went to bed with fireworks going off in the background (get your minds outta the gutter, people! :rolleyes: ).

JimJamBonds
07-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Worked both jobs.... yeah!

Tycho
07-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I took 5 friends along with me to see the San Diego Padres beat the World-Series-Bound Los Angeles Dodgers 7-4. When I download my camera later, I'll probably put pics up in the Post-A-Picture-of-Yourself-Thread. Then we met up with 5 more friends and watched at least 7-8 fireworks shows simultaneously on Mission Bay (San Diego's recreational waterfront) with the lights from the explosions reflecting off the calm water and really lighting up the whole bay.

It was a great 4th of July! (Last year I spent mine in the hospital!)

Today I'm going to visit a kidney disease patient there and hopefully bring some cheer to him and remind him that things can get a whole lot better. For me that was thanks to BobaFrett and all the support I got from this website right here. Thank you!

I hope everyone had a happy 4th of July! :thumbsup:

bobafrett
07-06-2009, 10:05 AM
I worked about 9 1/2 hours, when I got out of work, it was raining. I thought the fireworks might be cancelled. Then a friend called, and we went to a fireworks that I had never been to before, usually we go to the "taste of Lombard", but this year we went to Bensenville. Elmhurst quit having fireworks years ago, during the last one they had, the wind was so strong, it blew the fireworks down near some car dealerships, and new cars were damaged.

mabudonicus
07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
well, saturday started as midnight passed, we were out in the middle of nowhere on a farm sitting by a fire drinking beer as good Canucks do on weekends. Sometime after 1 am I got up to tend the fire and managed to trip on something that was invisible to me due to the configuration of my glasses, the colour of the obstacle and the fire being a bit "dazzling" on my stupid glasses. I just kinda tripped and rolled to the ground, and in the process something got my kneww but good.... I knew I was messed up and asked a buddy to look at my knee before I got back up- the first person to look started freaking out and looking like they were going to puke (always a bad sign)

The more qualified (and calmer) buddy looked and said "you're going to the hospital, no options- I can see white"

So I got an ambulance to the hospital, with Elf, and was joined maybe an hour later by our other buddies. I waited in an empty emergency room til 7 am with my buddy Johnny V before I got fixed up, the gash in my knee required a few layers of several stitches apiece. I am currently healing up fairly good, it hurts like stink and I can't bend my leg for a while but I am expecting a full recovery... and strangely enough I had more fun over the whole weekend than I've had in a long time- I have a piece of hilarious video to put up shortly which will show the extent of the proper fun (no "adult" content promise)
:beard: Iso&Baws&topes

Oyes it was fun, yet painful :D

Tycho
07-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm glad you're healing up, Mabs. That sounds like a scary story!

mabudonicus
07-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Haha thanks Josh- not scary at all tho, it was hilarious overall in fact, and the cut in my knee was cauterized almost instantly it seemed- I didn't even bleed til I got to the hospital even somehows despite having my blood thinned out a good deal...

It really didn't hurt too much til all the bruises started setting in at around the 2 hour mark after the initial impact, and now that I have the compression thingy off it is hurting a lot less (plus we have ASA here which was not available out in yon country)

Gotta post that vid, shaky or not it's awesome

bobafrett
07-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your fall Mabs. Did you ever find what tripped you?

Ji'dai
07-06-2009, 02:05 PM
A windigo took a slice out of him.

mabudonicus
07-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Haha seriously it's OK it just hurt like mad for a while and was REALLY gross to see/feel but it'll be fine so long as I don't bend my leg too fast for several days- as to what it was, it very well might have been a Wendigo, but I was within 6 feet of 3 people none of whom saw it- we're speculating the 200 pound cast-iron bowl full of fire might have snagged me somehows but nobody can be certain- I only stood up and twisted to my left and it was all over- even the doctor who stitched me up (who was a really funny guy actually) came in and mentioned he'd heard I had a laceration on my knee- when he took off the temp wrapping he was incredulous and asked "WOW man how hard did you hit the ground anyways- what were you doing even??" and all's I could tell him was that I stood up and it was the end of the line...
here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWt_MJwffV4) is the first piece of proper (shaky) footage of the actual fun we had

TeeEye7
07-06-2009, 07:32 PM
We're going to have to encase you in bubble wrap and Kevlar before you go on your next outing! :shakeshead:

Glad you're mending and doing well..........considering.

:beard: Iso&Baws&topes&stitches

Qui-Long Gone
07-08-2009, 04:48 PM
We had to postpone our 4th of July fireworks, but on Sunday my cousins and I did our 4th of July 5th of July Michael Jackson Fireworks Spectacular!

It was awesome, complete with a 30 second Thriller dance sequence by the 6 of us during the show!

bigbarada
07-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I finally got around to beating Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess today and, in about an hour, I'm heading over to a friend's house to watch UFC 100.

Ji'dai
07-11-2009, 07:26 PM
It rained most of the morning so I bagged comics, rescanned a few covers, and updated my inventory in Excel. I played LEGO Indiana Jones off and on, replaying levels to get all the artifacts now that I've nearly beaten the game.

Got a pizza for supper and will probably watch a movie tonight.

TeeEye7
07-11-2009, 08:35 PM
I worked another homicide late into this morning. Thanks to the gangbangers, I missed my opportunity to pick up the Hallmark ornaments I wanted (bye bye, Greedo). Slept for a couple of hours and now getting ready to grill burgers 'n' dogs on the BBQ. :tasty:

Bel-Cam Jos
07-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks to the gangbangers, I missed my opportunity to pick up the Hallmark ornaments I wanted (bye bye, Greedo).In CA statutory law, that entitles you to punitive damages. I believe Rodia v. Chalman set the precedent.

I attended another weekend meeting for the local writing project group out in Riverside (where the "river" has been dried up for years, except in very heavy rains). Chowed down on some awesome chocolate chip and caramel brownie-type desserts. And did some notes or listening or deciding policy stuff. Lucked out and found a Greedo Hallmark ornament (if I find another one, TI, I'll try to send it .5 past lightspeed to ya), went out to The Cheesecake Factory (for fish 'n chips :confused: ), came home and vegged out watching lame-o TV.

TeeEye7
07-12-2009, 09:40 AM
In CA statutory law, that entitles you to punitive damages. I believe Rodia v. Chalman set the precedent.

Lucked out and found a Greedo Hallmark ornament (if I find another one, TI, I'll try to send it .5 past lightspeed to ya)...

Bless you, sir! That would be most appreciated! As to the former, the desanguination of a particular vegetable would be more likely rather than collecting damages! ;)

Blue2th
07-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Played a gig across town last night.
Made sure I got to the other side of town a little early to check the Target and TRU for anything new.

obi-dad
07-13-2009, 08:59 AM
My work had a day at the zoo for families, which was really cool. Everything was free, including breakfast, lunch and snacks, the pet the stingrays exibit, train rides (the kids' favorite). My parents & sister (& her 2 kids, who somehow also happen to be my niece & nephew) were in town, so they came along too. Afterwards, I came home, laid out by the pool with some beers for a few hours. Finally, I went with some old friends to a free concert with Sheryl Crow & Elvis Costello (too much Sheryl, not enough Elvis) under the St. Louis Arch. After 1/3 of the crowd left, they came back out for one final encore and played Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll, (probably the best, highest energy song that was played all night)... and then fireworks were shot over the Mississippi river... not a bad Saturday.

Today I'm going to the homerun derby.

JimJamBonds
07-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Ran 10.5 miles, went out to eat then worked at the bar.

Kidhuman
07-18-2009, 12:09 PM
working again

DarthQuack
07-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Same here....10-7.

Kidhuman
07-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Same here....10-7.

I am 8-4:30, so I will be out shortly

TeeEye7
07-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Same here....10-7.

I like the numbers 10-7! In coptalk around here, that's a "ten-code" (like 10-4) that means "off-duty" ......like I am on this Saturday! :thumbsup:

TI7 is 10-7......oh, yeah!

Kidhuman
07-18-2009, 01:44 PM
10-7, I am out of here. I remember that from the LP days.

bobafrett
07-18-2009, 07:32 PM
I worked 6:54 am until 4:11 pm. Then I went to see my step daughter at her Books-a-Million store and found the most recent issue of the "Insider" magazine. Currently watching the Cubs losing to the Nationals.

Ji'dai
07-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Took advantage of the unseasonably cool weather and cleaned out my storage shed where I keep all my treasures. Found some damage caused by rodents (little bastards chewed up a small section of my Queen's Royal Starship and POTF2 AT-AT boxes and used the paper to make a nest). They were also trying to gnaw through my plastic storage totes, which is the first time I've ever seen them do that. Everything else looked intact and unharmed though.

Some of the lids on my newer 50-gal Rubbermaid tubs are cracked badly, which ****es me off to no end. The ones I bought ten years ago are holding up fine so I think Rubbermaid is using a cheaper plastic on the new ones. Seriously considering moving my zip-locked bagged LEGO collection from plastic containers to metal trash cans with lids.

Also changed the oil in my car and made the rounds with the push-mower. Later I started building a LEGO set then stopped to watch a movie.

JimJamBonds
07-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Worked, watched some tv, ate and then worked again.

Slicker
07-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Currently watching the Cubs losing to the Nationals.That's pathetic!

bobafrett
07-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Currently watching the Cubs losing to the Nationals.

That's pathetic!

It's all good, they just swept the Nationals 4 games! :love:

El Chuxter
07-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Wishing I were at a Billy Ocean concert.

JimJamBonds
07-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Wishing I were at a Billy Ocean concert.

According to his official website Billy just finished a tour of Australia and will continue touring the Pacific Rim.

Qui-Long Gone
07-23-2009, 02:32 PM
This Saturday I'll be at the soon-to-be-bankrupt-Six Flags in Arlington, TX! :lipsrsealed::D

Bel-Cam Jos
07-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Driving (actually riding as another person drove) from southern AZ back home in SoCal. Ate at a Tucson restaurant (spicy but good Sausage and Potato Leek soup) and a KFC in Blythe. Saw great sunset and lots and lots of open roads (I-10, I-8, I-210, state routes galore).

bobafrett
07-27-2009, 12:01 PM
This Saturday I'll be at the soon-to-be-bankrupt-Six Flags in Arlington, TX! :lipsrsealed::D

That's where my wifes Father and Step mother live, well in Arlington, not 6 Flags. We passed by that amusement park on our way to the airport.

pbarnard
07-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Morning, mopped the floor and cleaned up the apartment a bit. In the afternoon paid for the dressers and moved them into our apartment. Helped my wife transfer things from her old dresser drawers to the new ones and she did pick up some space. That and she likes the new mirrors and mini shelves as well.

El Chuxter
07-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Went to Comic-Con, bought the complete run of Atomic Robo based on a strong recommendation, fought insane crowds, came home, slept, and went out for an antelope burger.

Qui-Long Gone
07-27-2009, 02:56 PM
That's where my wifes Father and Step mother live, well in Arlington, not 6 Flags. We passed by that amusement park on our way to the airport.

What does that make us?

As Dark Helmet said to Lone Star in Spaceballs...."absolutely nothing." :D

TeeEye7
08-09-2009, 02:31 AM
Yesterday, Mrs. TI7 and I spent the evening with Wayne Sayles the author of my uncle's biography....FINALLY!

Here's a little info on that which can be found in the "Reading" section of SSG: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=646272&postcount=1

We were treated to a wonderful dinner, and then Mr. Sayles conducted a video interview with me about my family with regard to my uncle. AND....he was generous enough to bring my uncle's West Point ring for me to see! :thumbsup:
He is compiling information not just on my uncle, but material on the 416th Bomb Group to be used in a project of his later. (The Military Channel recently had a show Great Planes on the A-26 Invader that featured a lot of film footage on the 416th)

All in all, a very exhilarating, surreal, and emotional experience for me!

In case anyone is interested in Mr. Sayles' journey finding out about my uncle (and which ultimately led his efforts to me), or just has interest in WWII in general, here is the site of his blog:

http://cramsie.blogspot.com/2008/12/william-edward-cramsie.html

Tycho
08-09-2009, 04:48 AM
That's really cool TeeEye! I'm extremely interested in historical figures and learning about the people that came before us.

(I'm going to use my Delorean I built into a time machine to study the people who will come after us, but I'm having a little trouble with the flux capacitor and convincing Iran or North Korea to sell me their plutonium.)

I spent my Saturday taking my friend I made at kidney dialysis to the Padres game. Tonight we had full-food-service and almost private box seating on the terrace level above home plate for an awesome view of San Diego beating the New York Mets!

Then I went to Wal-Mart later where I just got the giant Devastator and I met my friend Rich, a Hot Wheels collector whom I hadn't seen for a long time, in the toy isles. We ended up talking about baseball for over an hour!

Then I went to one more Wal-Mart on my way home and bought the new Nickelback CD "Dark Horse," found that Linkin Park was totally sold out, and picked up Stevie Ray Vaughn as a present for Ashley, the girl I play guitars with.

I'm very excited and happy right now and wonder how the heck I'll ever sleep. It's 3:47 AM. Too bad places aren't still rocking in San Diego tonight, else I'd be there.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Got my Lego Y-Wing in the mail, but only had enough time to start dividing all the pieces into color piles. :OCD: ;)

Last night, I went to a concert-under-the-stars event for charity at a HUGE estate little west of here. One of the teachers I work with was in one of the bands that played (very good, too), the food was pretty good (I had the salmon, bean salad, roll), and the weather was very nice. The servers and workers were quite polite, helpful, and efficient. A good time was had by all. :yes:

Mad Slanted Powers
08-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Got my Lego Y-Wing in the mail, but only had enough time to start dividing all the pieces into color piles. :OCD: ;)That's the funnest part! One of these days, One of these Halloweens, I should buy an extra bag of the M&M's just so I can open up each package and tally how many there are of each color.

JimJamBonds
08-09-2009, 02:14 PM
I worked and then went to a local festival where I got free vip tickets to see the Gin Blossom's, Eddie Money and Everclear. Puddle of Mudd was the headliner but we left before they started.

TeeEye7
08-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Just a quick follow-up: photos of the ring for those who may be interested.

I was amazed at its weight and pristine condition.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-09-2009, 10:21 PM
That's the funnest part! One of these days, One of these Halloweens, I should buy an extra bag of the M&M's just so I can open up each package and tally how many there are of each color.Last two Super Bowls in which the Steelers played (XL and XLIII), I've brought dark brown and yellow only M&M dishes. It's now a requirement, as they've been 2-0 which such a candy there! ;) But I didn't count how many.

JimJamBonds
08-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Just a quick follow-up: photos of the ring for those who may be interested.

I was amazed at its weight and pristine condition.

Very cool!

Qui-Long Gone
08-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Got my wife's Bday present for Sunday.

Fed our Dean's cat while he's out of town.

Posted on SirSteves' Forum with awesome forumites.

Watched old Batman animated series with my kids.

Did the math on how I'm going to afford the new figures, the dewback, and the Luke/Ben Tatooine collection (good Luke figure) they showed at Comic Con...

sith_killer_99
08-15-2009, 05:51 PM
I spent most of the day stoking fires on forums, and now I have work to do around the house.lol

bobafrett
08-15-2009, 05:57 PM
I worked, then I came home.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Found the Wal-Mart Droid Factory sets, then went to Target and found the Turbo Tank Support Crew set, and then made it home in time to watch the World Track & Field Championships.

Tycho
08-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I am getting ready to go to the Chargers vs. Seahawks game.

My friends are very late but the kickoff is not for 2 more hours.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm still spending it! I can report back when I'm out of "Saturday money." :D

Mad Slanted Powers
08-15-2009, 06:37 PM
I am getting ready to go to the Chargers vs. Seahawks game.

My friends are very late but the kickoff is not for 2 more hours.

Thanks for reminding me about that. I'll probably turn on the game and watch a bit of it and root against you.

TeeEye7
08-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Spending time with my family. With my new (and much-hated) schedule, I rarely see them now! :frus:

Steaks on the grill momentarily!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-15-2009, 10:47 PM
I recently moved to the dorms at University of Colorado Denver, so I've just been around the dorms and the city. The only person I know here is a girl who I've known a long time but not really well, and we hung out today and yesterday quite a lot (including a trip to a nightclub, which was alright, but I won't be going habitually). On my own, I watched the latest Clone Wars: Decoded and then Across the Universe (at the girl's request/demand), which was better than I feared. Right now I am quite tired . . .

Bel-Cam Jos
08-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I had a dull day: went to a local "comic con" (with five tables of comics in a mini-mall hallway), did some lesson planning, graded almost nothing, watched far too much TV.

JimJamBonds
08-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Worked, took a nap, went out to eat, stopped at some friends for a drink and then went to my bar job.

Qui-Long Gone
08-17-2009, 11:45 PM
^JJB, is the bar job why your avatar is cut in half? :lipsrsealed:

Tycho
08-18-2009, 01:15 AM
Thanks for reminding me about that. I'll probably turn on the game and watch a bit of it and root against you.

Apparently that worked. :(

Mad Slanted Powers
08-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Apparently that worked. :(

Actually I didn't watch much at all. I turned it on, put it on mute, and went back to the computer to watch the World Track & Field Championships. I checked in every once in a while to see the score and watched a few minutes in the fourth quarter.

TeeEye7
08-23-2009, 02:15 AM
I just got home from working an overtime shift. By myself. Extremely busy (Saturday) night for just one person to handle since they laid off 50% of the unit.

Still on call (24/7) until Monday morning, too.

I'm getting too old for this sort of thing......

bobafrett
08-23-2009, 06:24 AM
I waited for my wife to get home from the courthouse where here ex-husband was being taken, then we went out to my mother in laws place in Indiana to celebrate her birthday, which is Monday, but I'm working. Got home late last night.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Well... dropped off recyclables (got just under $6 for the week's haul), made a deposit at the bank (found out, sadly, that the "new" bank that bought out the old bank doesn't order coins , so my simple collecting now becomes slightly more difficult :( ), came home to grade, grade, watch some TV [Steelers lost a close preseason game, cars went 'round and 'round a short track], grade, and then read some more of the SW book [i]Abyss before I have to return it to the library. And I ate some stuff in between, plus some biological needs that shouldn't be posted here, nor anywhere. :eek: Went to sleep to end the day.

Qui-Long Gone
08-23-2009, 01:21 PM
I went with my father-in-law to see District 9...then we got BBQ after the movie....:yes:

JimJamBonds
08-23-2009, 07:09 PM
I worked and then played in a local bar's golf tournament with three buddies, and for the third straight year... we won. "patsselfonbacksmilie:

pbarnard
08-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Grocery shopping, than played Mario Super Smash Brawl on Wii, dinner, ran/biked.

TeeEye7
08-29-2009, 10:03 PM
I've spent it by taking it easy unlike last Saturday when I had to work an overtime shift.

Spent a wonderful time using Goo Gone on the windows of my wife's new Prius getting all the adhesive off from the dealers various stickers, decals, warnings, etc.

Went to dinner with Mrs. TI7. We don't see much of each other with my (much-hated) new shift.

Now I'm listening to my son and a group of friends playing Rock Band (I have no choice...there's no place to hide). :sticksfingersinears:

Not a bad Saturday, I guess......

bobafrett
08-30-2009, 07:28 AM
TI, you forgot, "attempting to get Frett in trouble with his wife, by photoshopping his head onto another mans body with two blonde pieces of arm candy"

I started out my Saturday going to the DMV to get my license plate sticker
washed the bed linens
washed the dishes
Got gas for my car, and my lawn mower
mowed the lawn
dried and put away the dishes
made the bed
balanced my checkbook
Watched Jake Fox hit a grad slam against the N.Y. Mets
went to dinner at the "Olive Garden" wth my wife, my son, and 2 of my step children.
Showered
went to bed

Ji'dai
08-30-2009, 07:49 AM
I painted primer on the walls behind two cabinets I took down earlier this week. I was lazy and didn't paint behind the cabinets when I painted the walls a few years ago. Now that I'm moving cabinets around I have to paint behind them.

Went to the home improvement store and picked up a quart of paint. Naturally, they've changed all the paint color names since the last time I bought a gallon so I had to match color as closely as I could.

Visited my newborn niece in the hospital and gave her a present - Clone Wars animated R2 and C-3PO figures. She won't be able to play with them for a few years, but what the heck.

Went shopping and found and bought the Whorm Loathsom Clone Wars wave in its entirety.

Picked up a pizza and breasticks for supper and came home. Put two coats of paint over the primer I put on in the morning and found that the new color matched the rest of wall pretty closely by the time it dried.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Okay...

awakened, to eat breakfast (cereal for the first time in I don't remember when), and shower

graded notebooks and papers (yay :tired: )

attended a 1-year old's birthday party (where this time, I did NOT destroy the pinata) and talked with friends

graded more stuff (double yay :tired: :o )

watched TV (nothing special)

ate pizza from a local place I hadn't ordered from in ages (still awesome, so what if it costs more?)

went to bed, and here's the key part, apparently fell asleep fairly SOON AFTER GETTING INTO BED (that is a rarity for me)

Just like 'Cube, I had to say it was a good day, sans my A-K.

Darth Cruel
08-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Today is my wedding anniversay. We celebrated yesterday after work with a dinner cruise in the San Diego Harbor. Very nice evening. Kids are at the in-laws so we are going to see a movie this morning and have lunch at Olive Garden before picking them up.

TeeEye7
08-30-2009, 10:43 AM
TI, you forgot, "attempting to get Frett in trouble with his wife, by photoshopping his head onto another mans body with two blonde pieces of arm candy"

Darth Jax gave me a dollar to do that! ;)

I'm sure Robin has a sense of humor. If not, she can slap some hair off of my head when we finally meet!

JimJamBonds
08-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Worked and worked.

Qui-Long Gone
09-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Did nothing Saturday...and paid dearly for my lack of vision....

Bel-Cam Jos
09-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Bank transactions, recycling returned (earned $30+ so far after only 4 weeks of school; a good sign), drafting players for my fantasy football league, watching various college football games, getting a we-won't-tow-your-car-THIS-TIME sticker on my car while visiting a friend to watch said games.

Blue2th
09-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Played a gig at a private Labor Day weekend party. Ran into a friend I used to hang out with in my youth I hadn't seen in 20 or so years. Funny we both lived in a small town over 200 miles away, and just happen to know the same people throwing the party.

He lives in Denver now and wants our band to play at his upcoming wedding, and put us up for a few days in Denver.
That should be fun.

We were reminiscing about how when he had to be a Best Man at a wedding in South Carolina, he took me along for company on the long drive out there and back from New Mexico.

When something like that happens you get that stupid song from Disneyland stuck in your head. "It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all." :cross-eye

Ji'dai
09-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Built a LEGO set in the morning (Clone Wars Pirate Tank), opened a bunch of figures up (16 Clone Wars, 2 TLC, and 3 GI Joe) and put them on display, and then later watched a movie and started another LEGO set (Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker) which I finished this morning. In other words, I did absolutely nothing. Figured I'd be busier today and tomorrow with family get-togethers so I lazed about Saturday.

TeeEye7
09-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Like Ji'dai I had a cruise control Saturday:

Did laundry, BBQed dinner, but mostly read Don Felder's book Heaven and Hell, My Life in the Eagles (1974-2001).

DarkJedi5
09-06-2009, 11:13 AM
COLLEGE FOOTBALL!
I love this time of year. Got up and watched a few games (Syracuse/Minnesota OT was pretty cool) and then headed out to tailgate for about 5 hours before my Golden Bears rolled those Maryland Terps back into their shells. This is the best time of the year!

Tycho
09-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I rocked at the Nickelback concert and saw Hinder, Papa Roach, and Saving Abel with them. It was such an awesome show!

I danced with the hottest girl there. She went to the concert with her mom (she was at least 21 - she had a wristband so she could drink beer and a college ID) and in an amazing feat of strategic skill, I got her mom out of there by giving her a pass up to the front rows and danced with her daughter while my own date was in the line for the ladies' room!

So smoothe if I do say so myself! :thumbsup::twisted:

My newest friend and I are going to rock the AC/DC concert tonight and I also picked up really great seats up front for Def Leppard / Poison's show on Wednesday night!

All the right moves, baby! (and there's lots more to this story, too!)

I'll post pictures in the Nickelback thread in the music section in a little while as I just woke up and have to download my camera.

bobafrett
09-06-2009, 12:39 PM
I slept a little, was on the compyter a lot, played some scratch lottery tickts, mailed some bills, cashed a check for my son, the money he used to get a lap top, washed ddishes at lunchtime from the previous night, washed dishes again last night after my wife cooked.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm confused on the day . . . I don't have school Fridays, so this is a four-day weekend. My dad and I were going to go hiking, but the first path was closed and it was simply way too hot to go for too long. Later I watched Touch of Evil with my parents, which was not that great. Today I spent around $175 on Star Wars stuff, which is always fun/nuts. I was supposed to look after a friend's dogs, but her brother was there, so I let him deal with it.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-06-2009, 06:01 PM
drafting players for my fantasy football league, watching various college football gamesI missed the first half or more of my draft. It was supposed to be last Saturday, but it got pushed back to this Saturday. I didn't think I'd be able to do it because I thought it was at 7:45 AM and I would be in the process of getting ready to go to a race. However, I realized I had time to at least start it, so just after 7:30 I logged in, only to find it in progress. Apparently it started at 7:00 AM. At least I had put Larry Fitzgerald at the top of my draft order beforehand, so I did get him.

After that was done, I headed out to do the Lake Padden Relay. It's four times around Lake Padden, about 2.6 miles a lap. Last year, my brother and I did it as just a two person team alternating legs, and I did something like 17:25 and 17:55 for my two legs. Last week, I ran a lap there in 17:58, so I figured with a warmup and some competition I might run faster than last year. I did the first leg, so there was plenty of people to run with. I was out pretty fast for the shape I'm in, hitting the first mile in 6:06. At that point, I was happy because I figured all I had to do was run 7 minute mile pace the rest of the way to break 17:00. I did the second mile in 6:56 and finished in about 16:54. A far cry from the low 14 minute times I ran in college, but not bad for my limited training. However, with about a quarter mile to go, something got tweaked in my right calf. It feels better today, but not sure how well I can run. I plan on meeting my brother and some of his cross country team for a run tomorrow morning, so hopefully it doesn't feel too bad then.

The rest of the day I didn't do much but spend some time on the computer, watch a bit of my Young Indiana Jones DVDs, and watch the Huskies lose to LSU.

Old Fossil
09-06-2009, 06:07 PM
I set out about six stepping stones, finishing a path from our back door to our fenced in back yard. Set out some bedding plants I'd started in pots a couple months back. Took my daughter on a "nature walk" in the back yard: found a flying squirrel in one of our bluebird houses (he was sleepy, bewildered, and blinded by the daylight, so we got to see him real close), and found a box turtle near the creek.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-06-2009, 06:11 PM
I set out about six stepping stonesIf the stones could talk, would they say, "I'm not your stepping stone"?
found a flying squirrel in one of our bluebird housesDid you find a moose as well?

Old Fossil
09-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Did you find a moose as well?

Moose R scarce in these parts.

Tycho
09-07-2009, 01:54 AM
I just got home from AC/DC tonight. They put on a great show!

JimJamBonds
09-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I had off on Saturday for the first time in about 6 weeks. I was lazy, read, watched tv, it was awesome!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Well, I plan to grade (always a joy :tired: ) and hopefully see the Buckeyes email a virus to the Trojans in football on TV. "This is from an unknown sender. Do you wish to open a can of whoop@ss on them?" (Seriously, to win, OSU will need its 'D to come up big... I say a 16-14 final score.)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-13-2009, 08:52 AM
No cans were opened yesterday... :(

Mad Slanted Powers
09-13-2009, 10:11 AM
No cans were opened yesterday... :(

The Huskies opened one up for the first time in a long, long time. But next week they have to face USC.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-13-2009, 12:00 PM
After a fair amount of homework, I hung out with some friends who live in the dorms. There was a Rock Band/Guitar Hero thing going on in the media room, so we got to play GH5 and Beatles Rock Band, which were both pretty fantastic (and awesome seen on a projector). Then we watched some episodes of The Office. The end.

JimJamBonds
09-13-2009, 12:32 PM
I spent it like how I've spent pretty much every Saturday over the last month and a half (or so). Worked during the day, then worked at night.

Old Fossil
09-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Worked during the day, hung out with the fam. that night.

DarkArtist
09-13-2009, 04:19 PM
spent the day with my cousins at a picnic in the rain playing mud-shoes (instead of horseshoes).....

today is painting my old bedroom into the new and improved office

DarkJedi5
09-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Let's see... fUCLA beating Tennessee (take that SEC!), the Cal beating Eastern Washington University (okay, well not that exciting but I love my Bears!), and then to cap it off U$C snatching victory from the jaws of defeat against those Buckeyes. All in all Pac-10 dominance.

Tycho
09-13-2009, 11:52 PM
I rented an extra storage unit next to my Star Wars ones and have begun organizing my collection using the extra space.

I'm still on The Phantom Menace. It looks to be a 2-3 day project - meaning it'll take 2-3 weeks if I can only give up 1 day a week for this, but it was fun playing with the Queen's royal starship again. The N-1 fighter wasn't bad either!

Ando
09-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Let's see... fUCLA beating Tennessee (take that SEC!), the Cal beating Eastern Washington University (okay, well not that exciting but I love my Bears!), and then to cap it off U$C snatching victory from the jaws of defeat against those Buckeyes. All in all Pac-10 dominance.

The Golden Bears are on FIRE. I am Duck fan, but I will also always be a Jeff Tedford fan.

DarkJedi5
09-14-2009, 11:06 AM
The Golden Bears are on FIRE. I am Duck fan, but I will also always be a Jeff Tedford fan.

Yeah, he's so close to being the winningest coach in Cal history that there's no reason any Bear fan should be unhappy and you Ducks should be pretty proud. It'll see how the conference title race shakes out in the next month and a half; 9/26 Cal @ Oregon, 10/3 U$C @ Cal, and 10/31 U$C @ Oregon.... Gotta say, you guys have a pretty good schedule as far as your home games lined up this year.

bobafrett
09-14-2009, 06:58 PM
I drove 6 hours up to Northern Wisconsin to attend a party to "remember" my step mom who passed away last November. We got up there, mingled with guests, drank beers, ate food, played some golf to try to win one of my Dads hand carved birds. The person with the highest score won on a 9 hole course, I scored a zero twice, and it cost $5 per round, with all proceeds going to the animal shelter up there. We finished the night around a huge bonfire, and gazing at the stars!

Tycho
09-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Sounds like you had fun, BobaFrett. The charity contest was a great idea for an activity at a party! Golfing is fun.

I went both Friday and Saturday nights to see a local band called Nemesis. They play rock covers from:

Journey
Def Leppard
Papa Roach
Linkin Park
Scorpions
Van Halen
Brian Adams
Foreigner
Billy Idol
Guns N Roses

etc.

Here are a couple pics. The guys in the band are really cool and I've started to get to know them.

I'm going to see Chickenfoot with QUEENSRYCHE this coming Saturday night!

Ando
09-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Yeah, he's so close to being the winningest coach in Cal history that there's no reason any Bear fan should be unhappy and you Ducks should be pretty proud. It'll see how the conference title race shakes out in the next month and a half; 9/26 Cal @ Oregon, 10/3 U$C @ Cal, and 10/31 U$C @ Oregon.... Gotta say, you guys have a pretty good schedule as far as your home games lined up this year.

We're a little nervous about Cal, but we're getting better each week and USC was beaten by UW (they've only won 2 games in almost 2 years), so the PAC 10 title is up for grabs.

JimJamBonds
09-23-2009, 06:04 PM
I drove 6 hours up to Northern Wisconsin to attend a party to "remember" my step mom who passed away last November. We got up there, mingled with guests, drank beers, ate food, played some golf to try to win one of my Dads hand carved birds. The person with the highest score won on a 9 hole course, I scored a zero twice, and it cost $5 per round, with all proceeds going to the animal shelter up there. We finished the night around a huge bonfire, and gazing at the stars!

What town did you go to Mr. Frett?

TeeEye7
09-27-2009, 04:30 PM
I've been on call this week (Monday to Monday....I'm off call at 8AM tomorrow), so I got to spend my Saturday hanging close to home in case I had to slide down the batpole and respond to some tragedy.

Such is life now that half our unit was laid off. :sad:

bobafrett
09-27-2009, 09:18 PM
What town did you go to Mr. Frett?

St. Germain, Wisconsin. My dad bought property up there in 1977, like 80 acres.

This Saturday I spent the day recovering from flu like symptoms, talked with Josh for a good hour or so, answered some interview questions which were posted in a blog and tended to my wife who now seems to be coming down with what I had.

DarkArtist
09-28-2009, 11:07 AM
let's see. hit up a couple of stores found some stuff but was really hoping to score a set of ROTJ figures (no luck)

watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show in HD and then journeyed to NY for a Haunted House (Vampires Alive) and then dinner and drinks at Thunder Jacksons - great time

Qui-Long Gone
09-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Saturday to-do-list

1. Play Madden '10
2. Clean House
3. Play Madden '10
4. Buy daughter her first real bike
5. Pizza with wife and kids
6. Comic book club meeting
7. Play Madden '10

Ando
09-28-2009, 01:44 PM
- Spent Saturday watching OREGON get 42 points over CAL. What an amazing college football game (as long as you're a Duck fan).

El Chuxter
09-28-2009, 01:47 PM
I took a massive dump. I was going to post pictures, but the memory card in my camera was full.

DarkJedi5
09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
- Spent Saturday watching OREGON get 42 points over CAL. What an amazing college football game (as long as you're a Duck fan).

Weeping into a bowl of soggy nachos.

Ando
09-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Weeping into a bowl of soggy nachos.

Hopefully Cal will take it out on USC next week and then USC will have 2 (conference) losses.

I haven't seen Oregon punish the Bears like that since 2001 (when Tedford was still with Oregon) and I got to see it in person at Berkely on a beautiful October day.

DarkJedi5
09-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Hopefully Cal will take it out on USC next week and then USC will have 2 (conference) losses.

I haven't seen Oregon punish the Bears like that since 2001 (when Tedford was still with Oregon) and I got to see it in person at Berkely on a beautiful October day.

Yeah, hopefully, though the Ducks pointed out some painful short comings in our game (QB, O-Line and D-Line) that could make the rest of the season feel very long. If we don't get the passing game going soon I think most teams now know how to beat us.

Ando
09-28-2009, 05:46 PM
One of my industry contacts through work has Oregon season tickets and isn't going to Autzen this weekend for the WSU game, so my wife and I will be cheering on the Oregon Ducks next Saturday!

JimJamBonds
10-01-2009, 01:28 PM
St. Germain, Wisconsin. My dad bought property up there in 1977, like 80 acres.

That's a very nice area, we took a week long family vacation to St. Germain maybe... 20ish years ago. Good memories! :thumbsup:

bobafrett
10-01-2009, 08:30 PM
That's a very nice area, we took a week long family vacation to St. Germain maybe... 20ish years ago. Good memories! :thumbsup:

It's grown some, the old camps grocery store has grown and moved to a new building next to the old building. They put a Subway in town, and county road J is curtrently being widened. Did you ever eat at Spang's pizza JJB? I worked there one summer in my teens, and the owner still remembers me til this day even though I'm lucky if I get up there one time a year.

mabudonicus
10-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Hey BF- did the employee who opened that pizzaria for the day use a Spang-Key??
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
hahahaha WEEEEEEE

Ando
10-05-2009, 11:00 AM
My wife and I drove to Eugene, OR to watch the UO Ducks pound the WSU Cougars 52-6.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Finished all my have-to-finish grading and returned some of those boxes to my classroom. Had a really good rehearsal for a series of scenes we have yet to perform on the actual stage (that's a worry for everybody, not knowing exactly how much space and lighting there'll be). Went to dinner at Red Robin (Chili Chili Cheeseburger, stack of onion rings) before seeing a touring group of Second City improv comics (quite funny).

bobafrett
10-18-2009, 11:44 AM
I spent mine filling out a claim form for my $10,000.00 Mega Millions winning ticket entry, and mailing it off, as well as mailing some droid parts to Tycho (Josh) in California. Don't remember much else.

sith_killer_99
10-18-2009, 01:02 PM
I spent mine filling out a claim form for my $10,000.00 Mega Millions winning ticket entry, and mailing it off, as well as mailing some droid parts to Tycho (Josh) in California. Don't remember much else.

NICE, I'm sure you will find a good use for 10K.

I spent about 3-4 hours out with the family, my wife was getting her hair done. She had a 12:00 appointment, didn't get seen until 1:00.:mad:

Met, and introduced my daughter to, Kirsten Holmstedt, author of "Band of Sisters" and "The Girls Come Marching Home: Stories of Women Warriors Returning from the War in Iraq". She was doing a special guest appearance (book signing) at the PX here on Fort Hood.:thumbsup:

TeeEye7
10-18-2009, 01:25 PM
I spent it working an officer involved shooting instead of having a day off. :ermm:

JimJamBonds
10-24-2009, 08:30 PM
I ran in a local 5k and then I went to work for a couple of hours. Came home, made something to eat and from there on my productivity has greatly fallen off.

bobafrett
10-25-2009, 07:50 AM
Don't worry JJB, I didn't get a whole lot done either. I spent much of my day on the computer, the most productive thing I did was the dishes. I also went to the doctors/lab to drop off some specimen, and have some blood drawn, paid some bills, filled the bird feeder in the backyard. Then my son and I met my wife and her daughter for dinner. Oh, and my wife had me go with her to Wal-Mart. Yep, that was my day.

TeeEye7
10-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Let's see....laundry, recycling, and catching the bill for a friend's birthday party at a Japanese restaurant.:rolleyes:

JimJamBonds
10-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Don't worry JJB, I didn't get a whole lot done either. ...

Ohh I didn't worry, not one single bit. :D

bobafrett
10-26-2009, 05:15 AM
I almost forgot, I did speak with Tycho for about 45 minutes Saturday. It was good hearing from him.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Our cast did pretty well on opening night of Arthur Miller's The Crucible, but was nervous as all get out during the afternoon (passed the time before it by grading and college football watching).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-26-2009, 08:18 PM
This past Saturday was pretty crappy, actually. One of my friends was being *****y and demanding . . . I guess I'll leave it at that.

Sunday was great, though, so I guess it all evened out. :D

JimJamBonds
11-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Work, run and work. That was my Saturday.

TeeEye7
11-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Slept in (which I haven't been able to do for weeks), then prepared a Halloween dinner for twelve with Mrs. TI7's and our son's help (since it was his party).

DarkArtist
11-01-2009, 06:46 PM
did some last minute decorating for Halloween, cleaned up the house, surfed the net, and then answered the door for all the Halloween kiddies while trying to watch some scary movies.....

Ando
11-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Watched College GameDay on TV (in Eugene, OR for the UO/USC game!), used a Clone Cash coupon along with a Fred Meyer doorbuster sale to get 4 Clone Wars figures for $15.00 (2 for $10 was the special), ate Pringles, took a nap on the couch, woke up and went into the bedroom for another nap, smoked some cigarettes, ate some pizza, got to see my little nephew dressed as Thomas for Halloween, and then watched the MIGHTY MIGHTY Oregon Ducks beat USC 47-20.

A very full Saturday and the BEST HALLOWEEN EVER.

pbarnard
11-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Lifted weights. Had a heart attack after watching UI beat IU, waited for the people to leave Kinnick and get off my lawn/roads. Had 2 free tacos, shopped for a new cell phone, knocked off the walmart shopping list.

Qui-Long Gone
11-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Tricked or Treated on Saturday then celebrated my birthday on Sunday...it's a two day holiday for me!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Our city's annual Founders' Day Parade was today, and like last year, I was asked to help as a participant. The theme was "California Dreamin'," and I was on the (although it turned out there was another float, much less in quality IMHO) Hollywood float. Along with Marilyn Monroe, Mary Poppins (white dress and umbrella look), Audrey Hepburn (Breakfast at Tiffany's dress), Shirley Temple (kids thought she was Annie? :confused: ), and myself as Charlie Chaplin (forgot my camera, so I have to wait and see if anyone shares pics with me :( ). Weather cooperated, and it was a fun time.

morpheus282
11-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Went to see the Fourth Kind. Kinda creepy, especially if the "real" footage was in fact real, but not as much as I had anticipated. Still, it's good to see a movie that doesn't follow the cookie cutter template or isn't just a remake of another movie.

JetsAndHeels
11-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Went to the UNC/Miami game...just getting back!!

bobafrett
11-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Called my Capital one credit card about problem.
Drove to my bank about problem.
Called Wal-Mart credit about problem.
Went to dinner with friends

sith_killer_99
11-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Called my Capital one credit card about problem.
Drove to my bank about problem.
Called Wal-Mart credit about problem.
Went to dinner with friends

I trust dinner went well, no...problems?!?!lol

Mad Slanted Powers
11-14-2009, 11:32 PM

The Capital One Vikings showed up and asked him, "What's in your wallet?" And then took what was in it.

bobafrett
11-15-2009, 08:26 AM

The Capital One Vikings showed up and asked him, "What's in your wallet?" And then took what was in it.

Well it all started Tuesday 11/10 when a check I had deposited the previous Saturday 11/07, showed up as being available. I paid my capital one through an online transaction, and Wal-Mart I paid by check. Tuesday evening, when I got home, I found that my bank had put the check back on hold. My bank balance dropped into negative numbers. My banker told me that it looked like the babk was covering the payment I made to capital one (it paid off my entire capital one balance) so it became my source to pay for my needs (food, soda, etc.) because I couldn't use my debit card since I had a negative balance. Then Saturday, my bank showed a postive balance, the check still on hold, but I come to find that the bank reversed it's payment to capital one. So come Monday, I will 1) have a returned check fee assesed by capt one 2) then get assesed an over the limit fee, and 3) have my payment by check to my Wal-Mart credit card possibley bounce. It has been a finacial headache for me.

Tycho
11-16-2009, 07:40 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles Barry. Call all of your financial institutions and ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell them what happened and see if they will reverse those fees and credit your accounts.

Wait to see what they say.

If and only if you start to get "a no, we won't help you," ask "who do I talk to about closing my account? I'm going to transfer my balance to another credit card company / bank, etc." and then they'll bend over and grab their ankles so as to not lose their business with you. However, it shouldn't come to that.

Now I feel guilty about posting what I did this weekend: pictures will start flowing, too...

1) Batting practice at PetCo Park with the San Diego Padres!

2) For Michelle's birthday, I took her out to Mystery Dinner Theater!

3) The San Diego Chargers vs. the Philadelphia Eagles

I feel it's not fair when everybody didn't have a good weekend.

Ando
11-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Sorry to hear about your financial troubles, BobaFrett. Those are the worst.

On Saturday my wife and I had our nephews over to play while my brother in law (their dad) took a CPR class.

Then I watched the UO Ducks redeem themselves at home with a 44-21 win over the ASU Sun Devils. 14 of their points came from Oregon turnovers. Hopefully we'll play a little better this Saturday against Arizona to hold onto our top spot in the conference.

GO DUCKS!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Wanted to get more student work graded (only finished the two easiest piles), but instead wasted the day on college football. But I LOOKED at the other classes' boxes... :anAforeffort?:

Tycho
11-22-2009, 09:58 AM
I went to a Clean Energy Education Day event and saw the Tesla Roadster amongst other alternative fuel vehicles on display at a green auto show. (I'll upload my pictures soon.)

Then I took Michelle out to dinner on the beach and then we saw the latest showing of New Moon.

JimJamBonds
11-22-2009, 11:45 AM
I quit my job at the bar I worked at (I've been going back and forth on that one for quite sometime), went home, went to bed, then went to my real job. Went for a run and then drove home where I watched tv until bed.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-22-2009, 12:54 PM
My sisters are now here for Thanksgiving so it was a lot of family stuff. I also worked on editing the movie I've been working on for a few weeks. It's nice to have a break for a while.

Tycho
11-22-2009, 03:17 PM
I quit my job at the bar I worked at (I've been going back and forth on that one for quite sometime),

Why did you do that?!

bobafrett
11-22-2009, 03:19 PM
I went and worked at Wal-Mart on Saturday, for the first time in almost 3 months. Then I came home and my wife told me that both her sister and her ex husband were coming over for dinner, and I thought I was being set up for some type of intervention. Fortunately, it was just for dinner, and so both her sister and ex husband could talk. Then my wife and I drove her ex hubby home.

JimJamBonds
11-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Why did you do that?!

Ehh the answer is way to long for me to type here. In a nutshell it wasn't fun anymore, the buddies that I worked with stopped working there (with the exception of 1 and he quit yesterday), the business has gone downhill, burnt out etc.

Tycho
11-23-2009, 01:16 AM
I thought I was being set up for some type of intervention.

There is no cure for Star Wars fandom.

However, in 2009 they achieved the first successful Star Trek transplants in movie theaters across the country.

While I'm not sure how DVD sales are doing, what with the economy and everything, there are actually people eagerly anticipating the next movie with Captain Kirk and crew.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Except for the moronic insensitive jerk of a dad who knocked my mom over when we was leaving the fireworks show (and saying "sorry" without looking at the person you hit with your giant backpack is low class, idiot :mad: ), it was a great day at Disneyland yesterday. Mom is okay, and she enjoyed herself too. Someone asked to take a picture of my "SW: A Musical Journey" hoodie (but not me :( ;) :justapieceofmeat: ), got a few SW items. A good day.

TeeEye7
12-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Finished putting up holiday lights on the house and round the yard (we celebrate two events this time of year in my household). The tree is up, lights on but waiting for decorations. We'll get to the other stuff by next Friday (cue Adam Sandler).

DarkJedi5
12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
studying for finals. Which is exactly what I'll be doing next Saturday, but I'll post it when we get there.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Didn't shower all day (just doing my stinky part to help CA's drought issue :pleased: ), but went to buy flowers, make a quick bank deposit, put up outdoor lights, grade papers, and watched too much college football (including a terribly-called Pitt/Cincy game :frus: ), talked to my dad on the phone (during said game, when I probably yelled too much at the bad calls), then went to bed un-tired for some reason. :confused:

bobafrett
12-07-2009, 08:43 AM
I worked at Wal-Mart, then came home and vegged.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Went to the Cocoa and Cram study session for students at the school until around 11am.

Talked to dad on phone.

Graded some papers.

Watched some TV.

"Shopped," meaning I went to a store and bought nada.

Ate dinner (Zatarain's jambalaya).

Saw a play.

Tycho
12-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Went to an awesome Ugly Christmas Sweater Party at my friend Toni's, then had my vehicle short out while driving home and waited for a towtruck that I called at 3am which arrived after 7 phone calls and threats by me, finally getting me at 5:30am.

See my nice thread about AAA Roadside Assistance, this section.

Pics up later in the Post-A-Picture thread.

dr_evazan22
12-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Ate dinner (Zatarain's jambalaya).

How is Zartan's Jambalaya Bel-Cam? I bought a box but haven't made it yet. What meat did you include? The one or 2 times I remember having ajmbalaya in a restaurant I seem to recall it having at least 2 meats.

JimJamBonds
12-13-2009, 03:02 PM
How is Zartan's Jambalaya Bel-Cam? I bought a box but haven't made it yet. What meat did you include? The one or 2 times I remember having jambalaya in a restaurant I seem to recall it having at least 2 meats.

Jambalaya isn't all that hard to make. Brown some meat, throw in a bunch of vegetables along with some Cajun seasoning, water and rice and come back 20 min later. The first time or two I followed a recipie but after looking at different recipies on the interweb I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't much matter what you put in there, it seems rather "whatever you like throw it in" so that's what I do.

El Chuxter
12-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Jambalaya is one of the few things I'd rather make from a box than from scratch. Zatarains, some habanero sausage, chopped up chicken, and a few tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot. Yes, I likes it spicy.

JimJamBonds
12-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Jambalaya is one of the few things I'd rather make from a box than from scratch. Zatarains, some habanero sausage, chopped up chicken, and a few tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot. Yes, I likes it spicy.

Really?!?!? I've seen the boxes in stores but I've never bothered because its so easy to make.

dr_evazan22
12-13-2009, 06:55 PM
That sounds pretty good Chux, I think that's what I'll be having next Sat or Sun. I seem to recall shrimp being in it, too.

JJB, I looked at a recipe in a cookbook a couple months ago, and it seemed a little hard to follow. Maybe I'll take another look at it after trying Zartans next week.

As for my Sat... Let's see...

Picked up friend, went to Target, home, took motorcycle to my HD dealership for its 1000 mile check-up. From there to the farmers market, to Costco, back to HD to pick up the bike (and meet Danny Bonnaducci, who is a local DJ on 94 WYSP. He seems ot be at this dealership at least once a month), and a pair of colder weather riding gloves, and back home. There we watched Sunshine Cleaning. Love Amy Adams. later watched Love Actually. The kid that played Liam Neeson's (step)son looked eerily similar to the concept art for E1 Anakin.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-13-2009, 10:54 PM
You choose the meat (sausage, turkey, beef, chicken, ham, etc.) and can add in anything else you want. Let it sit on the stove simmering for around a half hour; tah dah! Tasty, too. Great with biscuits on the side.

Ji'dai
12-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Woke up late, but decided to go ahead and make the rounds since both the Kmart and TRU SW sales were ending Saturday.

Got together with family in the afternoon for our annual christmas cookie & candy bake-off. As usual, my aunt and mom started making weird stuff that looks cute but is not really all that appealing (e.g. mini-Santa hats made out of Bugles dipped in icing and then sprinkles - blecch). But I only care for the traditional stuff - chocolate chip & peanut butter cookies, chocolate fudge, and peanut brittle.

At night I started reorganizing my figure display cabinets to make more room for more stuff, mainly EU and Clone Wars - the fastest growing segments of my SW collection. I removed the last vestiges of my prequel figures on display (most were of Padme - my fav character) and also quite a few POTF2-era figures and duplicates. I liked to display different versions of figures from different periods to illustrate the changes in sculpting and articulation, but those older figures are becoming really dated and look odd next to their modern counterparts.

So now I have four shelves devoted to Clone Wars, three for EU, five for ANH (including two for the Cantina), three for ESB, and seven for ROTJ (including four for Jabba's Palace/Pit of Carkoon).

JimJamBonds
12-20-2009, 09:56 PM
You choose the meat (sausage, turkey, beef, chicken, ham, etc.) and can add in anything else you want. Let it sit on the stove simmering for around a half hour; tah dah! Tasty, too. Great with biscuits on the side.

I've never tried the biscuits on the side but I bet those would be good. As far as the recipe goes it really is that simple. After I checked out some recipes and did some experimenting the only really "tough" part (besides the dishes :p) is making sure it doesn't burn to the bottom of the pot. I've never done it with turkey or ham but I have used beef, shrimp, andoui (sp) sausage, venison, chicken, venison sausage... I think thats it for protein's. Maybe sometime I'll get some clams or some wacky protein's I don't normally eat.

dr_evazan22
12-20-2009, 10:05 PM
I forgot all about the jambalaya! We got a ton of snow here (Philly had a record 23"); on top of that I had a memorial service to drive to in Philly. I started driving home at about the same time the sun was going down. Treacherous! Left home around 9a, finally back about 6:15.

Tycho
12-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I don't think I did much of anything this weekend. It's been pretty lonely.

I went out to eat and watched the 2nd half of a very exciting Chargers / Bengals game.

San Diego won in the very last few seconds with a field goal: 27-24 I think.

It was back and forth and always really close when I was watching it. (2nd half on.)

DarkArtist
12-21-2009, 07:35 AM
spent my saturday helping out in the kitchen for the Knights of Columbus Kids Christmas Party...then had to run to to the store to buy shovels (the others broke), then spent the night in front of a roaring fire watching the sky drop around 14" of snow... then Sunday was the shoveling out of my driveway, my neighbors driveways and then another fire watching classic Christmas movies with my nieces and making cookies for Christmas Day...all in all a great weekend actually (would rather have had the snow fall on Christmas eve though)

Lord Malakite
12-23-2009, 03:08 AM
I'll be spending this Saturday (the day after Christmas) watching the 2-part "season finale" of "Power Rangers: RPM", which is also presumed to be the "series finale" of the "Power Rangers" franchise as a whole (17 Seasons, 700 Episodes). The following week (the day after New Year's) begins what Disney/Bandai considers the "18th Season" of "Power Rangers", but from my understanding its nothing more than the "first season" of "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" newly "remastered" (basically the same thing that Paramount did with for the "2006 syndicated" re-airings of "Star Trek: The Original Series"). I'll probably end up watching them out of curiosity (to see the difference between the originals and the remasters), but it won't quite be the same.

This Saturday I'll also watch (of the remaining three new episodes) the final "TV aired" new episode of "Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight" (since the show has been cancelled). After that, I'll probably try to find a way on youtube (or someplace else) to watch the remaining two "unaired/4kids website only" new episodes to complete the series with a proper ending. With its end on the same day as "Power Rangers" (not counting those upcoming remastered episodes), it more or less means that "American tokusatsu series" as a whole are now dead.

RIP Power Rangers (August 28, 1993 - December 26, 2009)
RIP Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight (December 13, 2008 - December 26, 2009)

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Has no one spent a Saturday since last year (last decade)? Wow...

Yesterday, I was in a clean up/out mode, but ironically never even took a shower. :eek:

- Took down and boxed up the outdoor Christmas lights.
-Cleaned out and organized my digital photo files in the computer.
- Got rid of many old maps, brochures, and fliers in the travel shelf area.
- Went through my "saved old clothes" box (doesn't everyone have one of those) and decided which were keep-worthy and which need to go after all these years (found 10 old Hard Rock Cafe shirts, my old Gecko Hawaii stuff, and my track and cross country invitational shirts... some were so small I don't even recall being that size to even fit into them :pleased: ).
- Read several chapters of a book (I am bound and determined to have finished it by the end of this 3-day weekend :yes: ).

morpheus282
01-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Has no one spent a Saturday since last year (last decade)? Wow...

Technically the decade doesn't start until year "1", 2011 in this case.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Technically the decade doesn't start until year "1", 2011 in this case.But decades and centuries/millennia don't operate on the same systems: decade of the 1980s = 1980-1989; 20th century = 1901-2000; 2nd millennium = 1001-2000.

morpheus282
01-17-2010, 10:07 AM
That sounds like temporal hipocrasy to me. On the bright side, it's just one more excuse I can use for being late for work. "Sorry boss, I was contemplating about if this was the first year of the new decade or the last year of the old and my logic created an infinite loop..."

JimJamBonds
01-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Worked, ran then got together with my fantasy football crew to watch the games and collect my winnings.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Our league pays out after the real Super Bowl... when owners pay their tabs. I realized that I had a contributing WR on my fantasy squad from each of the teams that earned bye weeks: Wayne (IND), Rice (MIN), Jackson (SD), and Meachem (NO), plus other playoff players (Romo-DAL, Longwell-MIN, Breaston-ARI, McCoy-PHI, Clark-IND, Finley-GB, Faulk-NE). Pretty good at drafting and free agent-ing, but 0-fer in the league playoffs this year. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2010, 07:28 PM
I hung out with a good friend I hadn't seen in a while. We watched The Clone Wars movie and all 22 episodes of the first season, played Super Star Wars on the SNES (which is ridiculously hard), and set up some of those Pocketmodel TCG things and tried to play but we weren't clear on the rules. :p It was pretty fun all around.

Lord Malakite
01-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Been spending my Saturdays "cross comparing" the past few weeks. Comparing the "original" Mighty Morphin Power Ranger episodes to the "updated" episodes. I imagine its something we've almost all done previously, either with "Star Trek: The Original Series" or with the "Star Wars" movies. I doubt that anyone cares, but just in case someone does, some of the more noticeable differences have been listed on this site (http://www.grnrngr.com/rvpr/index.html).

What can I say, I don't have a life. :D

Old Fossil
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Worked. Bought dog food. Came home. Watched "The Andy Griffith Show" on TV Land with the family. Read to my daughter. Surfed the interwebs. Read more on "Sullivan's Hollow," a small book on local history. In bed by 9.

TeeEye7
01-19-2010, 03:09 AM
Arranged time for an interview a WWII veteran (and it took quite a bit of work) for the 416th Bomb Group archives. The gentleman is a former member of the 416th (he was a ventral gunner in an A-20 Havoc light bomber) and was a POW.

I'm looking forward to meeting this hero and his family this Saturday!

Bel-Cam Jos
01-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Spent more time on the freeways than all this week combined (rain meant that surface streets were safer from nutso drivers and Mother Nature), going to an out-of-town meeting. Used my Red Robin coupons as I met up with a friend who was at the Nat'l Championship game; we traded Rose Bowl victory stories. Enjoyed a day without rain for a change.

TeeEye7
01-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Arranged time for an interview a WWII veteran (and it took quite a bit of work) for the 416th Bomb Group archives. The gentleman is a former member of the 416th (he was a ventral gunner in an A-20 Havoc light bomber) and was a POW.

I'm looking forward to meeting this hero and his family this Saturday!

Drat! Delayed! One of his daughters is his primary caretaker, and she broke her wrist in a fall this week. She wasn't up to hosting the event, so we had to cancel. We're on hold for now. :frus:

Slicker
01-24-2010, 03:49 PM
My Saturday sucked. I had duty and had to spend the day on the ship. Sunday, however, more than made up for it. I went to the Yasukuni Jinja (jinja=shrine and it's pronounced just like ninja...but with a J!) for the Japanese war dead. Pretty surreal place. It was weird walking through the gallery and getting to the Pearl Harbor part and then the Hiroshima part. There was almost a sense of "whoops. My bad" on each respective side. They also had a gallery for the kamikaze and it was lined with literally thousands of pictures of those that volunteered. I've been wanting to go for some time now but I finally found a Japanese tour guide (i.e. a Japanese girl. And yes it's THAT one Mabs) that can think for herself and likes history.

El Chuxter
01-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Is she a kunoichi? They're awesome, always wailing on guitars and killing for no reason.

sith_killer_99
01-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Spent 12 hours working Saturday in preparation for a possible deployment to Haiti. Luckily I only spent 9 hours today, and don't have to be in to work until 09:00 hrs tomorrow.:p

Tycho
01-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Part of the time, I wished I could go to Haiti in your place, SK. It's a good cause.

Of course I wouldn't know what I was doing there with out preparation and training, but I can learn fast and anybody could be of help.

If you were deployed there, you could be very proud of that sort of service.

JimJamBonds
02-06-2010, 10:25 PM
I woke up 'early' (for a non working Saturday) and did a local 15k race. With the windchill it was about 4. I ran the first mile much faster then I planned and since I felt good I kept the pedal down and kept hammering. I didn't stick around to see how I did so I'm waiting to check out the online results. I'm guessing around 20th overall and top 5 in my age group.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Once the downpour of rain stopped (temporarily), I...
- watched the recorded CW cartoon
- brought in recyclables (earned $6.72)
- got some gift cards for out-of-state relatives
- found the last Droid Part I needed for YVH-1 (but alas, it was another Plo K.)
- graded and recorded some student work
- put away washed clothes (from a couple days ago)
- got dinner from a local restaurant (fish meal and veggie beef soup)
- cleaned up some files/pics on the computer

DarthQuack
02-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Woke up around 10.
Loafed around til 11:30.
Shower.
Pick up brother at Mom's house.
Work 2:30-nowish.
*yawn 11:36.
Talk to the lady for a bit.
Watch some G.I. Joe cartoons.

Lord Malakite
02-07-2010, 04:42 AM
8:30PM (of Fri)-5:30AM - Worked on Star Wars entries (Episode I Bonus Battle Droids) on CollectionStation.
5:30AM-5:45AM - Getting ready to watch/tape two Power Rangers episodes at 6AM and 6:30AM.
5:45AM-8:20AM - Power goes out. I spend the time cussing/screaming to the heavens in utter rage.
8:20AM-11:30AM - Power comes back on. At this point it is too late to tape/watch Power Rangers. So I spend this time laying in the fetal position crying.
11:30AM-1:30PM - Shovel sidewalk and driveway because of the snow. Decide to do it without gloves or coat. Also wore my most tattered/worn shoes (practically should be considered sandals at this point). Figured I didn't have much else to lose at this point anyway. I had already missed Power Rangers.
1:30PM-3:30PM - Resumed crying over missing Power Rangers till I fell asleep.
3:30PM-6:30PM - Slept sitting up "Indian style" in my "bed" (the chair in the living room).
6:30PM-5:40AM (of Sun) - Worked on Star Wars entries (Episode I Bonus Battle Droids & Bonus Pit Droids) on CollectionStation. Then typed this list of what I did on Saturday.

I think that about covers it. :p

Ji'dai
02-07-2010, 09:31 AM
While a winter storm raged Friday I started reorganizing my LEGO collection, transferring all my zip-lock bagged sets from seven, remarkably heavy 50-gallon tubs to twenty smaller and more light-weight 65-quart totes. I completed that process Friday evening during the worst of the storm.

Saturday I woke up and shoveled the walk then moved some things around in the garage to make room for the new LEGO totes, which I'm going to stack along a wall some time today. I decided not to venture out Saturday though my road had been plowed.

After a supper of boneless skinless chicken breast, salad, and rice, I went back out to the garage and put labels in all the LEGO totes so I know what's inside each. Then I bundled up and took a 1 mile walk and then came back and watched a movie (The Uninvited, 1944) in the evening. After that I shaved and showered, then lazed on the couch watching cartoons until I couldn't keep my eyes open. I woke up on the couch around 1:30 am and dragged myself to bed.

InsaneJediGirl
02-07-2010, 10:59 AM
-Slept in since I stayed up late(10ish)
-Called work for my "on call", wasnt needed
-Got dressed and went to work to get my schedule
-Drove up to Atlanta and got the final parts for my car
-Went to Garden Ridge for the 1st time on the way back just to check it out
-Went to WM and dealt with idiots for a few items
-Came home, played KOTOR II
-Lazed about/used the internet/ finally went to bed

JimJamBonds
02-07-2010, 12:08 PM
I woke up 'early' (for a non working Saturday) and did a local 15k race. With the windchill it was about 4. I ran the first mile much faster then I planned and since I felt good I kept the pedal down and kept hammering. I didn't stick around to see how I did so I'm waiting to check out the online results. I'm guessing around 20th overall and top 5 in my age group.

I gotta do something I don't normally do brag a bit here. While I was off in my overall placement (I was 31st) I did however take 3rd in my age group. Now I just wish I would have stuck around for my award! lol

TeeEye7
02-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I was Mr. Mom on Saturday. Mrs. TI7 has been sick for about a week and a half now, so I've been holding down the fort and doing all things domestic for the health and welfare of my clan.

Can't wait to get back to work on Monday so I can rest!

jonthejedi
02-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Watched snow drift 5-6 ft. high..watched Underworld(oh, Kate) on HDNet; caught up on some comics.

TeeEye7
02-14-2010, 12:40 PM
It was a day of recycling. My wife's school has a recycling center as a community project/service (and gets a portion of the monetary proceeds), so I took a whole bunch of stuff over (my car looked like something out of Sanford and Son). I still have a bunch of old magazines and newspapers to take over today as well.

Also spent quite a while trimming my North American pitcher plants and transplanting some new Venus flytraps to replace some that decided to give up the ghost. (Things look a lot better now, mabs!).

Finally, spent time being introduced to my sister-in-laws new dog, a whippet named Bigelow. He's about a year and a half old; all puppy and high energy. He's a lot of fun! My sister-in-law had another whippet, Devo, who just passed away a few weeks ago. He was 18 years old!

(BTW: Mrs. TI7 is doing a lot better, thank you very much!)

Ji'dai
02-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Continued cleaning and organizing my parent's garage most of the day Saturday. I started Friday and "finished" today. It's still not to my liking, but it does look a little better. I had eight 50-gallon tubs sitting empty after I moved my LEGO collection to smaller totes so I decided to give them to my mom.

I played around a lot on the internet in the afternoon. I got DSL (finally!) Wednesday so I've been surfing constantly, doing things I could never do with dial-up. I kinda felt like Quagmire after he discovered internet porn and emerged days later asking what day it was. It's amazing just being able to view pictures from toy fair in just a few seconds rather than squinting at thumbnails and carefully picking what photos to open cause it would take several minutes for one to load with my old dial-up. Just trying to do some online shopping was a pain in the rear before, and watching a YouTube vid was out of the question.

Then I went and got a pizza, and watched last week's episode of Clone Wars for the first time (the one with the spider droids on the ship). I still need to watch last Friday's ep. Later watched an old war movie, The Sea Wolves (1980), finishing it late that night.

morpheus282
02-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Later watched an old war movie, The Sea Wolves (1980), finishing it late that night.

Anything from 1980 is not an "old war movie". The Bridge on the River Kwai is bordering on old and it's from 1957. All Quiet on the Western Front, Dawn Patrol, now those are old war movies.

JimJamBonds
02-14-2010, 08:11 PM
On Friday night I poured wine at a local fundraiser and then had to work on Saturday, so needless to say my Saturday morning was rather rough. After that I watched The Other Man which wasn't really all that good.

Ji'dai
02-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Anything from 1980 is not an "old war movie". The Bridge on the River Kwai is bordering on old and it's from 1957. All Quiet on the Western Front, Dawn Patrol, now those are old war movies. When I said "old," I was referring to the geriatric characters in the movie. :razz:

InsaneJediGirl
02-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I went out an played in the snow til about noon, then got called into work. So my Saturday was really boring and filled with annoying customers:(

Bel-Cam Jos
02-15-2010, 11:35 AM
It was a day of recycling. My wife's school has a recycling center as a community project/service (...

Also spent quite a while trimming my North American pitcher plants and transplanting some new Venus flytraps to replace some that decided to give up the ghost. (Things look a lot better now, mabs!).

Finally, spent time being introduced to my sister-in-laws new dog, a whippet named Bigelow. He's about a year and a half old; all puppy and high energy. He's a lot of fun! My sister-in-law had another whippet, Devo, who just passed away a few weeks ago. He was 18 years old!

(BTW: Mrs. TI7 is doing a lot better, thank you very much!)Recycling is good. :thumbsup:

Is your whippet good?:whip:

Good to hear that she's feeling... well. :D

BTW, my Saturday ended with me looking at the same view Obi-Wan and Luke saw of Mos Eisley, but mine was at sunset; Dante's View. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME!

Bel-Cam Jos
03-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Watched a few NCAA tourney games (go for that #1 seed, OSU), got my taxes done (surprise! I owe the Golden State money, but not the Fed :upset: ), graded quite a bit (still more to go, end of the quarter time), went out looking for apparently-non-existent good couches and chairs, ate lunch at Island's (and had the host say "Hey!" to me as if he recognized me; no reciprication from me, sadly, :( but I played along :) ), lost sleep due to DST. :upset:

TeeEye7
03-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Laundry. Haircut. Set the clocks ahead early. Then spent the rest of the day taking care of Mrs. TI7 who is sick again. She's got some short of flu with ralphing for about 12 hours so far. Probably got it from one of her 3rd grade darlings (her sister has it too). I'm really hoping I don't get it! So much for relaxing after about a 60 hour work week! :tired:

JimJamBonds
03-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Ran 20 miles with a local running club that I'm a member, went to breakfast with the crew I ran with. Showered, napped and then went to a local speakeasy to see a local band play.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-15-2010, 12:27 PM
I acted in a film made by some friends and then went to a screening of The Room with some others. Pretty fun stuff.

Daryl VayDar
03-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Sleeping, waking up and doing Facebook galleries. Then more sleeping! (Trying to catch up on some zzzzz's...)

Bel-Cam Jos
03-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Watched the DVR'd Clone Wars cartoon, did a little grading (tried to drop off the boxes at the school, but due to multiple events on campus, there wasn't a single parking space open), got tickets for the SW In Concert that's coming much closer to my area in May, did some banking, watched some NCAA b-ball, read a little, and basically tried to relax.

figrin bran
03-22-2010, 01:01 AM
I attended a Six Flags Magic Mountain event on another site. We got to enter the park 2 hours before opening plus breakfast plus behind the scenes tours plus two more hours to enjoy the park after closing.

mtriv73
03-22-2010, 09:42 AM
I put out 15 cubic yards of topsoil and planted 100lbs of grass seed.

JimJamBonds
03-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Ran, then went with 2-1b and another friend to visit buddy of ours who lives out of town.

JimJamBonds
03-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Ate, ran, watched Deadwood, made supper and now checking the threads.

Tycho
03-27-2010, 06:04 PM
I went to the beach and took in the sunshine over the Pacific Ocean today and wow was it ever nice!

Now I'm back to quickly clean up my place before I have company over to perpetuate the illusion that I always keep a tidy house. :razz:

TeeEye7
03-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Laundry, worked on taxes, and went to Lowes.

figrin bran
03-27-2010, 11:04 PM
I went to the post office, 2 Targets, 2 TRU's, 1 WM and 1 Ross and had lunch at Taco Bell.

mtriv73
03-28-2010, 07:05 AM
Helped judge a science fair for middle and high school kids from all across the county I live in.

Tycho
03-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Helped judge a science fair for middle and high school kids from all across the county I live in.

Have any of the kids been able to produce a clone of me, yet? :crazed:

- No seriously, that's cool that you did that, Mtriv.

mtriv73
03-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Have any of the kids been able to produce a clone of me, yet? :crazed:

- No seriously, that's cool that you did that, Mtriv.

No human cloning projects this year, unfortunately. If you'd like to volunteer, I'll add you to the list of people I'd like to clone after Scarlett Johansen.

This was my 8th year judging. My local chapter of the Jaycees have been involved with this for 29 years and I actually got to organize all the judges this year too. We had around 85 from many different disciplines.

I got to judge middle school cellular and molecular biology and middle school Biochemistry. There were some really sophisticated projects for 6-8th graders.

Many of the high schoolers have internships at the National Cancer Research Institute so a lot of those were truly amazing.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Bought 8 older SW figures (for $44 total) and a few 9-card holders from a local collectors' show and antique area.

Went to a small wedding of a former co-worker of my mom's, then to Mrs. Knott's Chicken Place for linner (around 4pm or so).

TeeEye7
04-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I gave blood for the first time in seven years due to a five year deferment by the blood bank due to my cancer episode, plus a self-imposed two years for good measure (I didn't want anything funky coming back). It feels good to be able to get the ol' O negative (I'm the Universal Donor) back out in the community. My next donation in June will get me to the six gallon level! :thumbsup:

After that, got my haircut. Momentarily, Mrs. TI7 and I are going out to dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary! :love:

JimJamBonds
04-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Ran, ate, did some yard work, watched part of the Brewer game and bought an mp3 player.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Opened a new savings account at a different bank (my original one fell victim to mergermania last year, so it's been a concern of mine to have all my [nest] eggs in one [financial] basket).

Made $5.47 in recycling (getting closer to the magic $200 mark for the school year).

Went to an Earth Day festival in town (got many pencils, notepads, handouts and fliers, reusable bags; a free hot dog and water; and in today's paper, my mom and I are shown walking in the from-above photo).

Went to a Big Read kickoff event (but it wasn't as active as I thought, so I went into the library to read).

Saw Clash of the Titans: In 2-D.

Ate dinner at Richie's Diner (nice menu selection).

Fell asleep fairly easily. :zzz:

Tycho
04-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Good for you TeeEye7. I have a strong appreciation for donors. :yes:

I watched the Padres go 14 innings with the Colorado Rockies to finally win 5-4. It was an amazing show by our bullpen.

Before that I finished sorting everything green in my Star Wars collection in storage (that means Naboo, Endor, and Alderaan).

On Tuesday I'm going to work on OT Tatooine (the cantina and Jabba's).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2010, 11:19 PM
After going with my parents to take my sister to the airport, I helped some friends film a project for their lighting class. It was supposed to mimic the lighting in a scene from a movie; it was going to be The Room, the so-bad-it's-enlightening masterpiece, but we switched it to Cool Runnings to make it easier, but it still took until past midnight.

DarkArtist
04-12-2010, 11:14 AM
this weekend was a very busy weekend for me...had both ups and downs...luckly more ups....

Saturday started on a down - had to take my beagle to Vet..she's been very sick and is anemic so a few shots and prescriptions later and we still don't know if she'll be okay in the end. she's only 3 so of course the doctor is stumped as to what could cause this in such a young dog. hopefully we'll get some good news on Tuesday when we bring her back for a recheck.

later that day we went to the Home Depot to get stuff to work on the garden, planted a new Apple Tree and mowed the lawn etc...

Sunday was a day for just me and the wife...we went to NYC to see the Tim Burton exhibit at the MOMA. what an amazing show. had a nice lunch in Bryant Park and stopped by TRU and got 3 of the new Clone Wars figures. all in all Sunday was a great day, beautiful weather, nice quiet lunch, and fun day at the musuem.

bobafrett
04-12-2010, 11:18 AM
I worked at Wal-Mart. I can't remember doing anything else that day.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Except for a couple hours or so after 6pm (grading, reading), I was quite effective with my time from about 7am-3pm; busy day, and so I must've just run outta juice after then. Weather was excellent: not too hot, little breeze, sunny with some cloudiness.

Recycling netted me $7.92, pushing my total pretty close (if not over) to $200 this school year so far.

Helped move some furniture home from Ralph's (yes, that's a grocery store, but it was a good deal and a very nice quality 4-piece set), with assistance from a friend with a truck.

Did various around-town errands (renewed car registration at AAA, used some coupons at B&N and Best Buy, printed digital photos at Costco, some actual food at grocery store, renewed a library book).

Had lunch at Wendy's (chicken sangwich and a Frosty :pleased: ).

Once I came home, it was all downhill from there (wasted too much time in sigh-berspace, watched too much TV) and went to bed later than I planned. Oh well.

JimJamBonds
04-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Ran, worked a bit on cutting the hedges, golfed 9 and hung out at a bbq by some friends house.

Tycho
04-19-2010, 09:18 AM
This weekend was nuts:

Friday - Padres game - with a ninth inning 3 run homer by Chase Headley - the start of my team sweeping Arizona their whole series (I saw every game!)

Saturday - I was in the United States 6th Regiment and fought the Civil War!
I reported early to get into uniform for additonal weapons training with my platoon, and then we met the South for combat on the fields of glory! Yes - we use REAL guns. Our COs check everyone for bullets and we all have to fire off a round into the ground in front of our sergeants to make sure we're safe. ("Safe" pointing real guns at other people and firing directly at them!)

Actually, I wasn't scared. Though I didn't know any of the Southerners my regiment fought, I felt everything safety-wise was really handled well.

See my pic(s) attached below. I'm saving a lot of stuff for publication EXCLUSIVELY on my professional website's debut to promote my novel. There will be video footage of our cavalry maneuvers, the charge and exchange of fire, right down to hand-to-hand combat (and yes, we had to be really careful with sharp bayonets - those are the real thing)! There were well over 1,000 troops on the battlefield! This was crazier than the actual "old world" naval combat I engaged in before.

Now I can ride and shoot (shoot 'em up cowboy)! - and I've been in the infantry.

I empathize with you guys in the real military - all that marching. I'll tell you this though - a Springfield musket rifle is heavier than any AR / AK-47, M-16 or other modern rifle. And a Smith and Wesson 6-shooter (though I'm a crack shot with it) - well - you feel that thing on your hip or on the recoil so much more than you'll feel any 9mm or .22.

Anyway, I'll let you know when I put up the website and the video. I'm waiting for art work by one of the actual Star Wars artists (but doing promotional work for my Civil War / western novel). Those of you who know whom I'm personal friends with won't be surprised who my artist is, but I'll wait until all permissions have been granted to bring that out. It's going to be nice though!

Then I was off to the Padres game on Saturday evening. I took a friend for her birthday. That night, the Friars SHUT-OUT the Diamondbacks 5-0. Our pitcher Kevin Correia killed some Snakes! Strike out Mark Reynolds - thank you! His six-shooter looked like 3 balls and 2 strikes and a big swing and a miss! Another time he only saw 3 pitches total! SMOKE! The Pads are hot now! (Uh, but we play Division Leader San Francisco today. I think I'll hold my breath - especially if Lincecum is pitching for SF. Don't know for sure yet.)

After the game we went out to The Tilted Kilt. It was her idea. Honestly! Yes I know the waitresses are hot and this place is everything Hooters wants to be times 10! So I'm downtown in the early evening and then I left early because I had to get up early the next morning, as I was taking a disabled friend to the ballgame, and we went early to have breakfast with the actual Padres players (pitchers Heath Bell and Jon Garland this time).

So Sunday morning I did that and then watched the game. Chase Headley had an inside the ballpark 3 RBI homerun! Our 3rd baseman is an ultimate MLB leader with hits and getting on base in 11 out of 12 games now. In addition, David Eckstein (Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano's husband) has never struck out in 2010 (pre-season, current season). The Padres gave out David Eckstein bobblehead action figures on Saturday night. He's about 7-9". I'm going to put an extra Ahsoka Tano figure sitting on his shoulder in my Padres display! Also, the Padres program guide from that night has a 2-page story on the Ecksteins and Clone Wars, etc. with pics of Ashley and David and so-on. I think I'll post it in the MLB 2010 thread later. (Comic Con / Star Wars night at PETCO Park will be in July, at the game the week prior to Comic Con for anyone coming to San Diego early).

Sunday evening, my friend Toni got married, so I went to her wedding on Silver Strand state beach on Coronado Island. It was beautiful. I thought her new husband, a Navy SEAL might wear his dress uniform for the wedding, but he opted for a tuxedo instead. Good food, music, dancing. I met a new girl and also found a bunch of the military guys to talk sports with - but mostly football. (What? Am I the only guy who watches baseball religiously? It's the national past time!)

Anyway, now I'm finally getting to my build-a-droid trades.

Oh - and yes, btw - I grew a beard for my more-authentic Civil War look this weekend. It was only 1 week old and came in mostly blonde, so it doesn't show up that well. I've shaved it since (about only 2 hours ago). But LOL - I have a beard in Toni's wedding photos. She voted I get rid of it. But man, that look was the in-thing about 150 years ago!

Anyway, I'll see what I dig up picture-wise. I think the several I'm thinking of posting here (and in the post-a-pic thread) will be the ones where I forgot to take my sunglasses out of my collar. When I was in infantry I got it from my sergeant for that. What? They didn't have RayBans in the 1800's?

Bel-Cam Jos
04-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Weeeeeelllllll...

- watched the taped Clone Wars episode from night before, and during commercials, graded some easy student work
- dropped off recycling (now up to around $210 total)
- got gas
- had to take detours due to freeway off/on-ramp closures
- attended a meeting
- looked for SW Adidias at the mall (no luck)
- watched crud and nothing on TV
- ate leftover Hamburger Helper and cornbread for dinner
- zonked out

Weather was excellent.

TeeEye7
04-25-2010, 01:13 PM
I decompressed yesterday (and have extended said activity into today).

Way too much happening lately. And we're not even into the hot weather season yet. Friday/Saturday was a fourteen hour shift. Eight hour shifts have been a thing of the past for several weeks now. Since half of the unit was laid off, we're called in all of the time. It's getting old...... :tired:

sith_killer_99
04-25-2010, 01:24 PM
I spent Saturday sleeping, as I had 24 hour duty Friday.:upset:

Mad Slanted Powers
04-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I watched a high school track meet. I must be getting old. After I got home, I felt tired as if I had actually competed. I guess sitting in the cold for 4 or 5 hours can be a bit draining.

JimJamBonds
04-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Ran 21 miles in the morning and then later hung out with some friends.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Ran 21 miles in the morning and then later hung out with some friends.
Add in the 5.2 I did this morning and together we did a marathon.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Forget to mention this: and to fit in with all of you who were tired from strenuous mental and physical activities, I also built the 177-piece Freeco Speeder Lego set on Sat.

What? :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I worked on filming for my final Production II movie, just about all day. There were a few issues but nothing too major . . . we also filmed Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, and now the editing can go full throttle before it's due Wednesday.

I also saw Birdemic: Shock and Terror with some friends. The director spoke afterwards, and it seems he knows why people like it, for the most part, though it was unintentional. It was pretty funny-bad, but it won't dethrone The Room any time soon.

El Chuxter
04-26-2010, 01:55 PM
I worked on filming for my final Production II movie, just about all day.

Starring Vince Offer, I trust?

mtriv73
04-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Yard work all day. My wife has decided she can't help out in the yard anymore JUST because she's 7 months pregnant :rolleyes: Our 2.66 year old was a big help though (actually he helped the most by finally taking a nap so i could get some stuff done.) Still it was a productive day. I got our acre mowed and trimmed, put out 15 bags of mulch and finished reseeding all the places where the grass didn't grow from a month ago.

LTBasker
04-26-2010, 03:34 PM
My Saturday was spent on the phone with my sister as we collaborated on our 10th entry for shirt.woot's derby. It took all day, but we finally wittled the idea into something we both agreed on, then I supplied the concept art and she turned it into vector art along with changing some aspects to her own finishing touches. :D It can be seen here: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41781

JimJamBonds
05-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Ran (notice a pattern? lol), drove home, iced my foot and when I'm done checking out the threads here I'll get my lunch on.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Watched both CW episodes (quite good BTW), then finished the bulky notebooks grading.

Went to drop off recycling, books at library, and boxes o' graded work at school.

Got gas at Costco ($2.92 still) and then lunch there (Polish sausage, soda, and frozen yogurt... very filling, and all for $3.10).

Found a few SW figs at TRU and Target.

Came home, to grade a little more.

Took mom to a re-opened local restaurant (good meatloaf meal).

Graded more (sensing a pattern here), watched TV, went t:zzz:

InsaneJediGirl
05-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Went to FCBD, not very exciting.

Went to Lowes and bought more plants for the yard, came home and planted those.

Since I woke up sick, I took a medicine cup full of NyQuil and passed out til 10pm.

Hmm...I didn't have to work but looking back on it the day was still wasted.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Saturday was a tad busy;
- graded the easy work first, and got to a few of the tough ones
- dropped off recycling (over $4)
- got a car wash at the high school's fund raiser (not bad for $5)
- picked up a Mother's Day yellow lilly for, uh, mother
- bound up the literary journals for my department (and I owe mom thanks on this'n too)
- tried to buy a photo album on sale, but you had to sign up for their "card" first :upset:
- took ma to Outback for a filling linner, just before the crowds lerched in (and the Laker game started on the TVs)
- became a slug, until sleepy time

TeeEye7
05-09-2010, 01:10 PM
The usual domestic chores around home interwoven with time to finish With the Old Breed by EB Sledge that I've been reading.

Later took Mrs. TI7 and her mom out for Mother's Day dinner. It's our tradition to beat the crowds and go the day before. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
05-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Pretty much the typical Saturday for me. Ran, ate, read, web surfed, watched a bit of tv.

JimJamBonds
05-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Ran, ate, napped then went out for 2-1B's bachelor party. Since the next day I was doing a marathon I took part in dinner and going to a comedy club and then went home. I'm not sure what shennigan's I missed (but I know I did miss some!)

Tycho
05-17-2010, 02:34 PM
I had a little fun - unfortunately so did the Dodgers.