PDA

View Full Version : How did you spend your Saturday?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Bel-Cam Jos
05-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Grading, grading, grading. Plus a little shopping, recycling returns, eating, TV viewing.

Slicker
05-17-2010, 09:57 PM
I started out on my Florida journey at 9:30am. I didn't stop until I had reached Birmingham, AL and had driving 847 miles.

DarkArtist
05-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Putting together a new Patio Set.. our old one got destroyed over the years.

later that night just hung out with friends

JimJamBonds
05-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Went for an easy bike ride (still recovering from the marathon last weekend), walked around a farmers market, later I'll probably watch a movie or two.

Tycho
05-22-2010, 08:31 PM
I was still partying with Queensryche from Friday night. It suddenly became Saturday, and I was still partying!

Slicker
05-22-2010, 08:59 PM
I call a foul on you Josh. You NEVER wear the T-shirt of the band you're going to see to a concert. Never.

Rocketboy
05-22-2010, 11:07 PM
I started out on my Florida journey at 9:30am. I didn't stop until I had reached Birmingham, AL and had driving 847 miles.Well, you certainly don't have your brother's bladder. He would have stopped 3 times before Detroit.

JimJamBonds
05-23-2010, 12:33 AM
I call a foul on you Josh. You NEVER wear the T-shirt of the band you're going to see to a concert. Never.

I agree, that is a major no no.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-23-2010, 10:06 AM
For the first time in ages, I really had no grading to do, just recording of what had already been graded. Went to the school for their "Cola and Cram" study session with tutors and teachers helping students prepare for this week's final exams. Also went to a dual birthday party: one a 7-year old and one a 29-year old. Who was excited at all the guinea pig care items and makeup kit, and who loved the video game and sports stuff? Read a book for also the first time in ages. Watched very little TV.

Tycho
05-23-2010, 12:42 PM

I've never heard that - AND - there were plenty of folks at the concert wearing Queensryche tees.

Are you guys pulling my Mouse Droid?

Explain this to me like I'm 7 years old...er....maybe four years old.

Slicker
05-23-2010, 01:08 PM
It's just one of lifes little no no's. You don't wear the bands t-shirt to the concert. Another one is that you don't put your last name onto a team jersey.

El Chuxter
05-23-2010, 01:15 PM
But do you get a pass if you actually get to hang out with the band? Really, I'm not sure.

Tycho
05-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Another one is that you don't put your last name onto a team jersey.

Heheh. I was debating doing just that for my Padres' jersey - or putting Eckstein's name.

But if I wear his name and get to throw out the first ceremonial pitch, I'm not allowed to miss the strike zone! (possible video soon - I haven't decided what I'm going to wear. An "athletic fit" business suit is one idea that crossed my mind. I'll be introduced as "Author and San Diego Resident, Advocate for Organ Transplant Donation." ***

I could put "Darth Mouse" instead though.

*** This has not been confirmed yet. I'm just hinting of the future here. I wasn't going to say anything in case this doesn't happen.

(By the way, still no one has explained to me why you don't wear a band's T-shirt to their concert. At least the police explained to me why you don't yell "FIRE" in a crowded movie theater, and the TSA explained why you don't say the word "bomb" in an airport. :yes: )

TeeEye7
05-23-2010, 02:32 PM
I felt like I was running a laundry service yesterday. No one else in my house seems to know where the washing machine is. Also spent a good deal of the day hand-watering my yard. In our last big wind storm, my sprinkler timer was torn to pieces by the wind and I haven't had the bucks or time to replace it. I did have some fun...I had recorded the fifth leg of the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race which terminated in my city (it originated about 120 miles north in the town of Visalia). Nice course skirting the foothills of the Southern Sierra Nevadas! Purty views of rolling hills and live oaks....

Bel-Cam Jos
05-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Another one is that you don't put your last name onto a team jersey.But what's the rule if your last name is the same as some player's? (p.s. I'm still looking for someone named "Jos," and my ripped-in-half Curtis Joseph Blues sweater is getting frayed :rolleyes: ).

As for the no-no about same shirt/same concert, I'd guess it's something like wearing a "I'm Going to Shake Your Hand If I've Never Met You Before" button. Too obvious (now, try and make sense of THAT one ;) ) in that place, maybe? I'd never heard of it before either Tycho, but then I haven't attended many concerts of artists a second time. But I do plan to wear my SW In Concert sweatshirt to my second time next weekend.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-23-2010, 02:40 PM
I may have worn a band's t-shirt to a show in college, but it was a band some friends were in.

Tycho
05-26-2010, 01:05 AM
I actually asked other people in San Diego about this - and no one thought it strange to wear a band's T-shirt to their own concert.

It doesn't sound like it's taboo in San Diego.

Not to mention I'm supporting an older album. (American Soldier was last year.)

El Chuxter
05-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Don't ask your friends if it's okay to wear white after Labor Day, then. :D

Darth Jax
05-26-2010, 08:34 AM
I've never heard that - AND - there were plenty of folks at the concert wearing Queensryche tees.

Are you guys pulling my Mouse Droid?

Explain this to me like I'm 7 years old...er....maybe four years old.

Just watch the movie PCU and it'll be all clear(er)

bobafrett
05-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Woke up around 9 am, had some breakfast, ran a few errands, then drove out to the Volo Auto Museum in Volo, Illinois, and spent the afternoon there with my son. He heads over to his recruiters station Monday afternoon. The next time I see him will be Wednesday evening when he gets sworn into the Navy at the White Sox game, then he's off to boot camp, and I go on prozak.

JimJamBonds
05-29-2010, 07:50 PM
The next time I see him will be Wednesday evening when he gets sworn into the Navy at the White Sox game, then he's off to boot camp, and I go on prozak.

I didn't know he was going into the service congrats BF!

bobafrett
05-29-2010, 07:55 PM
I didn't know he was going into the service congrats BF!

Thank you! I am going to miss him like crazy. :cry:

morpheus282
05-29-2010, 08:05 PM
My daughter and I got to meet Lando.

Billy Dee Williams was in town at a local convention along with Deep Roy and Rusty Geoff.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I bought an iPod nano (16GB blue). My first mp3 player. I've been messing around with that a bit. I've spent all afternoon watching a live stream of the Washington state high school track meet (2A, 3A and 4A). Lots of good competition, and plenty of local kids did well, and someone from my alma mater won the boys 2A 1600.

Now, I have a ton of dishes that have piled up, so I'll have to do those before I eat dinner.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-29-2010, 10:12 PM
My daughter and I got to meet Lando.

Billy Dee Williams was in town at a local convention along with Deep Roy and Rusty Geoff.I hope to get to meet him next week at the DW SW Weekends. :thumbsup:

This week, got a haircut and volunteered at our local library's annual SW Day (see the "Conventions" section here for pics), watched some pro sports on TV.

TeeEye7
06-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Worked a homicide until 6AM Sunday morning.

JimJamBonds
06-07-2010, 09:26 AM
I was at the Wisconsin State Track and Field meet (high school).

TeeEye7
06-07-2010, 10:43 AM
I was at the Wisconsin State Track and Field meet (high school).

Your Saturday sounds a lot more fun than mine.

JimJamBonds
06-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Your Saturday sounds a lot more fun than mine.

A couple of points I didn't include...

1) I got to sleep in a dorm again (could have done without that)

2) Got rained on at the meet.

3) Ran up a monster of a hill, that was actually fun.

But before it rained it was good.

Tycho
06-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Worked a homicide until 6AM Sunday morning.

If it took that long, you must have been using turnaquets to stop the bleeding.

You can cut an arm or leg off your victim one at a time and keep them alive by cutting off the blood loss until you finish the dismemberment.

This could come in handy if you want to cook parts of them and have them alive to watch themselves being eaten alive.

I think this is much more creative than just shooting them for non-fatal wounds. That gets boring.

The Hannibal Lechter way is much more classy.

Then again, you just might have killed your victim quickly and then taken forever to get rid of the body and hide all the forensic evidence.

I suppose with your job as a CSI you could be really good at that.

Say, there's this employee at a toy store that I know is taking all the good figures out of the cases before they're stocked and.....

Well, do you contract out or is cannibalism just a hobby? ;)

JimJamBonds
06-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I took 304th out of 15,550 people in the country's 4th largest 10k road race, the Bellin Run in Green Bay. I first signed up on Thursday so I was put in a later starting 'wave' which resulted in me avoiding people for the entire 6.21 miles. I wasted a ton of energy doing that. Had I started in a faster wave (I could have been in the fastst wave) I'm sure my time 41:46 and place would have been better.

p.s. 2-1B and the future Mrs. 2-1B were in the race as well!

Tycho
06-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Congratulations anyway. You did a great job!

p.s. 2-1B and the future Mrs. 2-1B were in the race as well!

I hope there was a scene where he gave you a bottle of red-flavor Gator-Ade and said, "Take care, Sir." :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Some errands (wrong size washers bought from hardware store, as I was looking for the size of the washer itself, not the hole; donated magazines to local library; mailed off a SW package). Tried to go to the newly-opened Sonic in town (the line TO GET INTO THEIR PARKING LOT started at the nearby hotel where the employee was taking orders :confused: ) but settled for Chik Fil-A. Watched the US kiss its sister in World Cup match. Read Allies SW novel (so-so book). Enjoyed the cool cloudy weather instead of the warmer temps predicted (no such luck today it appears).

InsaneJediGirl
06-13-2010, 11:11 AM
I spent the day working, getting yelled at by a customer for something I had zero control over, then her promptly saying "I wasn't being rude":rolleyes: After that, went to Lowes and picked up new lawnmower blades, with a quick stop at QT for gas and a 69 cent blue raspberry icee/slurpee. Got on the net and vegged once I got home, not a very exciting day.

JimJamBonds
06-13-2010, 02:01 PM
I hope there was a scene where he gave you a bottle of red-flavor Gator-Ade and said, "Take care, Sir." :thumbsup:

That would have been awesome Tycho!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: But sadly I never even actually saw Mr. -1B yesterday, our contact was limited to text messages.

2-1B
06-15-2010, 01:14 AM
I took 304th out of 15,550 people in the country's 4th largest 10k road race, the Bellin Run in Green Bay. I first signed up on Thursday so I was put in a later starting 'wave' which resulted in me avoiding people for the entire 6.21 miles. I wasted a ton of energy doing that. Had I started in a faster wave (I could have been in the fastst wave) I'm sure my time 41:46 and place would have been better.

Well done, Sir !!!

That would have been awesome Tycho!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: But sadly I never even actually saw Mr. -1B yesterday, our contact was limited to text messages.

Yeah, I'm not much of a runner so we walked it...I LOVE walking and can go for miles and miles and miles...when it comes to running, 2 miles is my limit since I don't enjoy it.

I did get a pic with Jared from Subway, so that was fun.

TeeEye7
06-19-2010, 08:53 PM
....and how did you spend your Saturday today, Mr. and Mrs. 2-1B?

Congratulations to you both! May all your years be filled with happiness!

ChukhaTrok76
06-20-2010, 12:34 AM
I went to the store and bought some great ground chuck steaks. Portabello mushrooms in them, but it was sooo good! I took a much needed nap, and watched alice in Wonderland with my little sister. :)

Mad Slanted Powers
06-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Saw the A-Team movie, mowed the lawn, and bought a radio with a CD player and iPod dock.

JimJamBonds
06-20-2010, 10:33 AM
....and how did you spend you Saturday today, Mr. and Mrs. 2-1B?

Congratulations to you both! May all your years be filled with happiness!

Not to speak for them (but I will anways) they had a great time, everything went awesome! The reception was at a very nice place w/ great food. Mrs. 2-1B looked lovely and Mr. 2-1B was quite dapper as well. I don't want to say too much here and steal his thunder so I'll let him handle any further details.

mtriv73
06-20-2010, 11:09 AM
after almost 2 years in the new house, we finally got the basement finished. Saturday, I moved my collection down from the garage and started putting it away in my new Star Wars room. It's unbelieveable how much stuff I've acquired since the 90's.

bobafrett
06-20-2010, 06:38 PM
I worked, then I came home, and sat at the computer for a couple hours, ate an awful KFC sandwish, then I mowed the lawn. Because we had a storm knock out our power, my wife and I had to drive to her ex husbands house to pick up our food that he stored there so it would not go bad.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Drove up to Las Vegas (the one in Nevada, not New Mexico :rolleyes: ) to meet some friends from The great state of Ohio. Had a HUGE southwestern chicken stuffed potato as lunch. Saw a Circ de Soliel show (awesome, and pretty good seats at 40% off as well) at night. Found a SW slot machine (did not give in to the Dark Side and deposit credits).

JimJamBonds
06-21-2010, 03:40 PM
I gotta give you some props BCJ for rocking a Pirate lid!

Bel-Cam Jos
06-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Someone there actually gave me props for doing so. Someone's gotta prop them up, even if I weep for their misfortunes. :Pirate: Arr!

JimJamBonds
06-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Someone there actually gave me props for doing so. Someone's gotta prop them up, even if I weep for their misfortunes. :Pirate: Arr!

Although had you been sporting the 70's style "painters cap" I would have given you "mad props" instead of just "props." :D

Bel-Cam Jos
06-22-2010, 12:44 AM
I have one. :Pirate:

Mad Slanted Powers
06-22-2010, 01:35 AM

So, you are an irate pirate? (That's one for the bad joke thread).

JimJamBonds
06-22-2010, 07:43 AM
I have one. :Pirate:

Mad props sir, mad props! :D

TeeEye7
06-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Had to stay around Stately TI Manor as I'm on call this week. Have to be close to the company car in case something nefarious should happen.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=694455&postcount=6490

DarthQuack
06-27-2010, 02:52 PM
What should have been my Friday wasn't :( since I'm working 8 days in a row this week....boo.

ChukhaTrok76
06-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Went to Tulsa Oklahoma with my mom and sis. Found and bought "The Last Airbender" action figures, Aang, Zuko and Appa. These are the same size as Star Wars figures (3 3/4"). Some of their joints are kinda loose. How do I fix this? anyone know? I put them in the freezer, hoping the cold will somehow shrink and tighten the joints. They're okay otherwise.
Saw Toy Story III finally last night. Good film! A lil' bittersweet there in the end. I admit I was holding back the tears, lol. As a collector and a full time kid, I feel with Andy. Saw shrek Forever After on Friday. It was good, not great, athough I LOVE the fat kid at the birthday party. "Do the roar. Do the roar." (Shrek roars loudly)..."Ah luv you Daddy!" lol. So my weekend hasn't been all that bad. :)

JimJamBonds
06-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Ran, relaxed, read, cut grass and then worked! First time I've done that on a Saturday in four months aka JJB has a job again.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-27-2010, 06:41 PM
I worked on my Star Wars room quite a bit. I added a bookshelf, and moved the figures from The Clone Wars to a new spot so I could keep continuity with the realistic figures and give everything more space. It's coming along well, but I still have a ways to go.

TeeEye7
06-27-2010, 07:08 PM
...aka JJB has a job again.

Well done, sir! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Got gasoline for my automobile. Watched USA come up just short in their World Cup match. Saw Toy Story 3-D. Went to Claim Jumper for dinner.

bobafrett
06-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Got about two hours of sleep at between 2 am and 4 am, then was up for more of the "Relay for Life" cancer walk. A thunderstorm approached forcing us to break down our campsite. Went to breakfast with my wife, then returned to the "Relay" and did some more laps. Attended the closing ceremony for "Relay" then drove home, tired and almost fell asleep at the wheel on the 2 1/2 hour trip home. Got home, unpacked the car, downloaded the pictures, posted on the Midwest Garrison website, collapsed about 6 pm, woke up at 9 pm, watched a special on the "Rush" documentary that come out tomorrow.

Tycho
07-03-2010, 12:30 AM
I think this is self-explanatory.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-03-2010, 02:07 AM
I think this is self-explanatory.

So, you two are spies and you're going to use the seals to help you blow up the nuclear wessels?

Tycho
07-03-2010, 09:56 AM
No. We're Patriots!

And since we were fans of the Navy SEALS...

The only thing I didn't understand was how they get around those big ships on their flippers. They're much faster in the water. But I understand that ship has a huge sundeck!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-03-2010, 11:39 AM
I think this is self-explanatory.Yep, the old recreate-the-Last-Crusade-Venice-boat-chase-while-avoiding-the-harbor-police routine. Ah, memories... :D

Tycho
07-04-2010, 09:19 AM
I was in the 4th of July Parade on Coronado Island!

G-Company, 6th Federals were on duty (my Civil War re-enactment unit which I joined to experience, learn and promote the cause for my novel:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joshua-Adam-Weiselberg-The-Author/117114551640217 )

and we had a lot of fun!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Were you walking in it, Tycho? You gotta get on a float or in a car; now THAT'S the life of a parade! :pleased: It looks cool. Was [giggle] the weather okay there? ;)

I've been in local founder's day parades as a banner holder (not so fun), and costumed characters (walking and float riding; both great).

And how did I spend July 4th Eve? Built a backyard sun shade gazebo, watched some World Cup, got a TV to replace the 25+ year old 19" analog set, and ended it watching a NASCAR race end on the 4th in FL due to several crash delays.

JimJamBonds
07-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Ate, ran, ate, napped, screwed around on the internet, ate and worked.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Got to a Hallmark shop before it opened to get a Lando ornament (mission accomplished) and other SW ones, stopped at library to return a book and check out two others, came up empty when seeking new SW toys, watched the World Cup match, read some of a book, labeled some photos in albums (two and a half years without doing so?), fixed a loose garden hose holder, relaxed.

Ah... :pleased:

Tycho
07-11-2010, 12:40 AM
More of the usual.

JimJamBonds
07-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Ate, ran, ate, napped, SSG'd, ate, work.

Tycho
07-11-2010, 12:37 PM
SSG'd

I love how this is now a verb.

I SSG'd today.

As an international assassin, I also use that term: "Shot Some Guy."

JimJam, are you a Secret Agent like me?

We should get together and trade ammunition some time! :yes:

You will go off on this new ICBM I got the other day!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2010, 04:23 PM
I looked at a few of my fall housing options with my dad. I now have it narrowed down to basically two choices, but need to see what the potential roommates say . . . it can be frustrating trying to coordinate several people. Thankfully we'll know by next week.

Tycho
07-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Delete duplicate post error please.

Tycho
07-12-2010, 06:08 AM
I'm sure you'll do fine picking a great place! :thumbsup:

bobafrett
07-12-2010, 07:16 AM
I worked at the mighty Wal-Mart empire, then came home exhausted, and paced waiting for a phone call that never came, about a place we are looking to rent.

mtriv73
07-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Went to a sci fi convention in Baltimore called shore leave and had tons of fun. I got to talk to Katee Sackhoff 3 times (for a total of <5 minutes but I'll take it.) Saw E. J. Olmos and a few other big stars. Then I came home and changed diapers (not as fun.)

TeeEye7
07-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Spent a minor fortune taking my three dachshunds to the vet for maintenance. Took the company car back to work and picked up my personal car since I'm on vacation this week. Solved a problem on a project a colleague was working on while I was there. Cooked dinner for everyone (my famous gabacho tacos) and then vegged in front of the TV for the rest of the night.

JimJamBonds
07-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Stayed out way too late with friends (from Fri night), ran 10 miles, ate, slept and worked.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Tried to enjoy the a/c indoors (read, watched carp on TV), went to a simple dinner out, saw a local theater play (Peter Pan, with characters on wires to fly! :D ).

DarkJedi5
07-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Scored an entire wave of TVC plus a Cloud car and Snowspeeder then went to watch the SJ Earthquakes play a friendly against the Tottenham Hotspurs. Then spent the evening in the hot tub with the wife and some brews. Doesn't get much better.

JEDIpartner
07-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Our friends, Penny and Bob, moved back to Ohio from Las Vegas. They live in Columbus, but all their friends live up in the Cleveland area. They came up for a visit and we had a party at ours. It was fun!!!!

Oh... and that's where the newest picture of me was taken! :thumbsup:

sonofsokol
07-19-2010, 03:07 PM
In anticipation of my third son's upcoming birth next month, my wife and I traded in our 2004 X-terra (and my soul) for a minivan on Saturday.:eek:

We got a brand-spankin' new Honday Odessey. I guess the transformation is complete.

Ando
07-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I did what I always do on Saturdays...

- Got up and went to Andy + Bax (army surplus, camping stuff, etc.) to look at the pocket knives.

- Spotted the A-Team van.

- Went to TRU and bought me some new SW LEGO sets.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-19-2010, 07:05 PM
That is a sweet ride! :thumbsup: And you see it every Saturday, too. ;) Awesome!

Many years ago, someone locally had a red Gran Torino with the white stripe.

JimJamBonds
07-19-2010, 07:08 PM
That is a sweet ride! :thumbsup: And you see it every Saturday, too. ;) Awesome!

I agree with BCJ! Sweeeeet ride! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ando
07-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Actually, no, that's the first time I've seen it. As I was pulling out of the Andy + Bax parking lot, I saw it and slammed on my brakes so I could grap my phone and snap a pic.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Today, if was chasing a path of history literally being torn away. They're removing a bridge to widen it (only one lane each way, on a main route) which also is along a new bike trail. So they had to close the street while using a crane and other heavy machinery to break it down (including a welder, and the obligatory standing-around workers :rolleyes: ). Later, around early evening, I tried to get as far as I could by walking along the trail, but there was nothing to see and no work being done at that time. Did get decent exercise, though. :pleased:

In between: read, watched a tad of TV, did some SW record keeping and typing, shopping for shrubs, and digital photo organizing. All in all, a prodcutive and positive day! :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
07-25-2010, 05:06 PM
I ran on Miller Park. Brewers charities has a 5k run walk that goes around the parking lots of the stadium and Miller Park itself. I went in on the right field side, down past first and home and past third and out left field. I ended up 37th out of about 3,000 people so that isn't bad. Especially considering I showed up late and had only 15 minutes to warm up and get ready.

After that I enjoyed some Boston Market (the closest is in Milwaukee which is about 75 min. away) and then later on I worked.

bobafrett
07-25-2010, 05:59 PM
I had a Saturday off. My wife sent me out to pick up some McDonalds for breakfast. Because of the 7+ inches of rain we had in the Chicagoland area Friday night, we had a lot of roads flooded. It took me quite awhile to make it back home. I initially set off by foot to take pictures of some of the flooded roads, then later went out by bike as North avenue, near my house was packed with traffic, since the 290 was closed in several stretches. The picture of the two cars nearly underwater was a picture of just how high the water got in spots on the 290. Other pictures from roadways in my town.

The last picture is some flooding in my back yard from this same storm.

Ando
07-26-2010, 11:53 AM
I read about the flooding, Bobafrett. Are you and your family okay?

I went to TRU and found the new BIG AT-AT and then I went to Andy+Bax to thank the guy at the knife counter for special ordering my knife which he ended up selling to my wife so she could surprise me on Friday when I got home from work.

sonofsokol
07-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Saturday was a state holiday here in Utah, Pioneer Day. I went to my brother's for a BBQ with the family. We also shot off some "Utah-legal" fireworks. On the way home, we passed by the stadium where Real Salt Lake plays their MLS games. Their fireworks were just getting started, so we pulled off the freeway and parked at a gas station and watched. The kids loved it... it was a pretty good show. Utah has pretty strict fireworks laws, so it was nice they got to see some "big" stuff to go along with our small stuff.

JimJamBonds
07-26-2010, 07:11 PM
The last picture is some flooding in my back yard from this same storm.

Sorry to hear about the flood Bobafrett, did it get into your place? I have a buddy who lives in Milwaukee and they got hammered with 7+ inches of rain in that same storm and they had a couple of inches of water in their basement.

bobafrett
07-27-2010, 10:03 PM
I read about the flooding, Bobafrett. Are you and your family okay?

Yes, everyones good, I'm just glad it didn't happen this upcoming weekend, my son graduates from Navy bootcamp, and with the roads all shut down like they were, it would have made things difficult for those who are going to attend/

Sorry to hear about the flood Bobafrett, did it get into your place? I have a buddy who lives in Milwaukee and they got hammered with 7+ inches of rain in that same storm and they had a couple of inches of water in their basement.

Luckily not, we have had an inch or so of water in the basement in the past, but nothing as far as I can tell.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-28-2010, 01:16 AM
I was visiting a friend in the San Francisco area. On Saturday, we walked around the town a bit, walked about halfway across the Golden Gate Bridge, and then ended up checking out the Amoeba Music store. There just happened to be a live performance by Robyn shortly after we got there. Wasn't sure if I had heard of her before, but there were a couple catchy pop tunes in the set. I believe there were instructions not to take any video, but alas, someone posted four of the six songs on Youtube, and I found one of the other two posted by someone else.

The first song was kind of slow and didn't impress me much, but the second song got my attention -
"Be Mine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH1gd-LeiQs)"

Of the four songs this other user posted, this one is probably my favorite - "With Every Heartbeat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFhPXibQvxY)"

El Chuxter
07-28-2010, 01:43 AM
I ate an antelope, an alligator, and a chocolate pie. Awesome.

TeeEye7
08-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Washed the ol' uniforms, BBQ'd salmon for dinner, and watched the :Pirate: s of the Caribbean marathon on USA Network.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I acted and helped some friends make a film for a 48 hour filmmaking challenge. I assisted a tiny bit with the story on Friday, then filmed all my stuff on Saturday. They're currently editing as it's due in a few hours. It was pretty fun, but also a little more stressful than other shoots, as the director hadn't really coordinated the actors' schedules so it didn't go as smoothly as it could have.

bobafrett
08-01-2010, 04:18 PM
I woke up at 5 am, downloaded pictures to Facebook of my son's graduation from Navy bootcamp, he called at 6 am, and we met him at O'hare airport around 7:30, and we spent a good portion of the day hanging out at the USO, and walking around the airport. He boarded his plane around 7:40 pm. I watched him walk onto his plane, then my wife and I left, and drove to check out a few places for sale. Then came home and downloaded more pictures from my Saturday with my son, here are a couple of them.

JimJamBonds
08-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Ran 20 miles, relaxed, ate, worked. (some of those activities besides running was repeated)

DarkJedi5
08-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Took my grandpa to see the Giants beat the Dodgers. Great day!

Tycho
08-02-2010, 02:40 AM
Today I had to hope the Dodgers beat the Giants. :crazed:

These two teams can tear themselves apart if it keeps my Padres in first place in our very competative division.

We play the Dodgers tomorrow in LA after we beat them soundly in San Diego.

The Padres really can't afford to lose ANY games against our division rivials.

Barry, I'm very happy for your family. I also hope no flooding ever touches your Star Wars collection!

El Chux - a tip - let the alligator eat the antelope first and then eat the alligator because it will then make for a reptile-sandwich with antelope stuffing. I recommend oppossum for desert.

JimJam: Doesn't Miller Park have a waterslide or two? Good effort for the Brewers' charity. The Padres are raising money to fight cancer.

Ando
08-02-2010, 12:52 PM
- Slept in a little bit.

- Lazed about and watched TV while my wife was at her aunt's house having brunch with the ladies of her family.

- Gassed up the truck.

- Went downtown and walked around with my wife. We checked out the new 2010 football team Nike sweatshirts at the UO Bookstore. Went to dinner and ate outside (PERFECT weather on Saturday for that.).

- Went home and had a cigar.

GREAT DAY!

JimJamBonds
08-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Where were you that you got a pic of Jesse James?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-02-2010, 07:30 PM
- Went downtown and walked around with my wife. We checked out the new 2010 football team Nike sweatshirts at the UO Bookstore. Went to dinner and ate outside (PERFECT weather on Saturday for that.).

- Went home and had a cigar.

GREAT DAY!There's MORE Oregon gear? Are there 366 combinations of football uniforms, so they can have "new" clothes, even in leap years now? :rolleyes:

Ando
08-02-2010, 07:46 PM
There's MORE Oregon gear? Are there 366 combinations of football uniforms, so they can have "new" clothes, even in leap years now? :rolleyes:

I was checking out the new sweatshirts for this year. Nike puts out new team sweatshirts each year for Oregon and other schools.

This years uniforms are unchanged from last year.

JimJamBonds
08-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Is there any cool UO track shirts/whatnot for sale?

Ando
08-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Is there any cool UO track shirts/whatnot for sale?

ALWAYS: http://uoduckstore.com/spiritduck/index.cfm?section=12 (http://uoduckstore.com/spiritduck/index.cfm?section=12)

DarthQuack
08-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Got back from vacation Saturday and headed into work. :( It sucked...but was glad to hold onto another vacation day.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Tried a few Targets and W*Ms for Vintage figures and was stonewalled. Read another book, watched some crud on TV, went on a couple errands. Got dinner at the local pizza place, to try their broaster chicken (not bad).

TeeEye7
08-08-2010, 12:13 PM
My Saturday started very early. I was called out at 1:30AM to work a double homicide (after working my 4PM to midnight shift...awake for a total of 22 hours straight between Friday and Saturday). Got home around 10:30 AM, showered, went to bed. Woke up around 5:30 PM helped with dinner, ate, conked out after dinner around 8:30 PM. Woke up, went to bed at 10:30 PM. I've had three consecutive homicides this week. A first for me.

JimJamBonds
08-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Played golf with a buddy of mine, did a little shopping (bought a Garmin watch for running), ate, worked, bed.

bobafrett
08-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I worked at Wal-Mart, came home and went to see "Dinner for Schmucks" then came home and scraped paint. The movie was halarious!

bobafrett
08-14-2010, 09:24 PM
I worked at Wal-Mart, came home and went on facebook for about an hour, went to dinner with my wife, balanced my checkbook, then sweated my rear off moving boxes and sorting through old issues of magazines, that I keep for some reason. We are looking to buy a house, and we have our eye on a place, just trying to see if my dad will "gift" us about $15,000 to help us secure a mortgage on the place. In the meantime, I've been packing up the collection.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Got a bit of a late start doing my usual morning shopping. Only Star Wars item I got was the Snowspeeder at Target. Got home around noon. It was a hot day so I was content to stay inside for the rest of the afternoon.

Around 5 PM, I drove to Boulevard Park and walked to Fairhaven to eat at a restaurant called Skylark's. I'd never eaten there before (there are a lot of places in town I've never eaten at before because I rarely go out to eat). I had smoked salmon linguini and a vanilla shake.

After dinner, I stopped by Fairhaven Runners and signed up for a 15K race next month. I've never run this course or raced this distance before, so I won't be too worried that I'm not in shape for it because whatever I do will be a personal best, and give me something to shoot for next year.

After that, I walked back to the park for a free outdoor concert at 7 PM by a band called the Clumsy Lovers (http://clumsylovers.com/). The live show seemed much more energetic than what I've heard on their website.

The weather was nice so it was a beautiful setting for a concert right next to the water. The sun went down a little bit before the end of the show, so that was nice to see. A bit more interesting than my usual Saturday nights.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Sort of stept in (awake by about 6:30am, which for me is LATE). Lesson planned for the upcoming week, and drove to take those materials back to the school... but breaking and entering is frowned upon in education (no keys with me) :sad: ; stopped at the bank for a deposit. Used a B&N coupon to save 35% off a SW book, found no new SW figures out. Vegged out the rest of the day with TV and reading. Starting to heat up again, so the dusk outdoor sitting is about the only time I'm outside of my house or car.

Tycho
08-16-2010, 12:09 AM
I went with my friends to see the Chargers play the Bears.

I also celebrated my cats' birthday and got them both instruction in the ways of the Force by a Jedi Master!

(I knew it! Since Yoda was with my cats that day, it was the one time the Padres lost to San Francisco - our closest division rivals. Jedi Master Yoda is a featured member of the San Diego Padres' bullpen.)

Mad Slanted Powers
08-16-2010, 01:01 AM
I think that interactive Yoda said something like, "Like this I do not. Put me down!"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-16-2010, 01:38 PM
I saw Jon Stewart interview George Lucas and bring out Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher, talked at length with the Hasbro Star Wars team, got several sneak previews of The Clone Wars Season Three and info from Dave Filoni, and saw the Clone Wars voice actors on a panel. So, a pretty typical Saturday. :p :D

EDIT: And I posted this at 11:38. Hooray for me!

El Chuxter
08-16-2010, 02:47 PM
No, you posted it at 10:38.

Dork. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
08-16-2010, 09:00 PM
So what he told us was true, from a certain point of view. You will find that many of the things we click on depend greatly on our point of view. (d@mn fool, I knew you'd say something like that) :D

TeeEye7
08-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Slept in just a tad. Haircut. Helped Mrs. TI7 most of the afternoon preparing her classroom for the big day on Monday.

CaptainSolo1138
08-22-2010, 12:59 AM
Went to Estes Park for the day to enjoy the mountains and the cooler temperatures (along with everyone else in the state of Colorado, apparently). Returned to the 95 degree heat and spent the evening in the pool with Mrs. Solo and the kids. Put them to bed and watched the Lions/Broncos game.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-22-2010, 10:25 AM
I was unsuprisingly unproductive. Planned this coming week's lessons, graded less work than I should've, read less than I wanted to, watched far too much on TV (although either the Steelers look much better than they did vs. Detroit or the Giants are in for a rough season if Manning is out "for real," and I watched parts of a dull NASCAR race), got dinner out (at a local burgers-and-everything-else place) to bring home. Went to bed late (I blame my lethargy on that darn inanimate captor Telly Vision).

Mad Slanted Powers
08-22-2010, 10:55 AM
That's far more productive than I was yesterday.

JimJamBonds
08-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Ran 21.52 miles, worked, ate, slept.

Tycho
08-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Took my cousins out to the beach for surfing, then lunch.

Then we went to Sea Port Village, flew kites, watched this guy balance rocks into like 6 -7 feet columns, and went to my favorite art museum. Jennifer also had her portrait drawn.

Then we ended up in SeaWorld. [Frett and Slicker - I think those stingrays miss you guys.]

Then I went to the Chargers' game versus Dallas.

The next day we went to the San Diego Zoo (see pics below).

One night or another, I took Jennifer to the LaJolla Comedy Store and we drank and laughed a lot.

Some old pics of my mom turned up from when I was really young. Wow was my mother beautiful! She was a pageant princess before she was always on my case about sports and school. I actually realized how much I miss her - momentarily. (I'll get some pics digitized and post 'em in the pics-of-myself thread since I'm in those with my mother).

One of the other shots below is from the Chargers' game, where they honored our military and the Marines brought some of their armor division out for the kids to play in. Our Pro-Teams are so good to our military here. My father would be really proud.

Tycho
08-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Here are some more random shots from last weekend.

I have so many pics from everywhere we went and a lot of the things we got to do, but I really love the wildlife ones I took at the Zoo!

I'll share some more of the other pics later. These animals were really amazing.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-23-2010, 08:20 PM
The pics are cool, Tycho, but what's the deal with those night-vision green glow on many of 'em? Spying for the Ruskies? Private investigator-in-training? ;)

Tycho
08-24-2010, 05:23 AM
I was trying to take pictures of Jennifer going out in the ocean at night before the next morning when were going to the zoo. So I made some adjustments.

My camera has a simple-pic mode that works pretty well - and a more involved mode with settings for all different sorts of lighting and resolutions. As long as I switched back to the simple mode I was getting good shots at the zoo. But sometimes I was in a hurry because the animals were getting into some cool positions or poses.

I think (3 years later since the time of purchase) I really need to read the instruction book that came with my camera. It might help. Ya think? :rolleyes:

mtriv73
08-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Put together (with a lot of help from my brother and father) a huge swingset/playset for my 1st son's 3rd birthday. Seeing him having so much fun on it made it worth every penny it cost and every second it took to put together.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-29-2010, 12:39 PM
I'd keep the green glow, Tycho; it adds character to your memories. Plus, guys never read manuals; we just mess stuff up with gusto! :D

Yesterday: did a crossword, finished the had-to-finish grading (three boxes full, uff :ninja: ) and dropped some off at the school to save some weight on a later time, finished a book I started a couple weeks back (on the Dust Bowl days), bought a pack of C batteries to replace the dead one in the grandfather clock stuck at 5 to 7:00, watched crummy TV, had breakfast for dinner, went too bed too late (since I wasn't going to sleep in this morning). Not a bad day.

Lord Malakite
08-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Yesterday was both an important and a happy/sad Saturday for me all rolled into one.

Happy:

It was the 17th Anniversary of the Power Rangers series/television debut
It was the second day of Power Morphicon 2010 (the 2nd official fan convention for Power Rangers and the American Toku genre). Basically our Power Ranger equivalent to Star Wars Celebration.
It was Jeditricks and Jedi Master Sal's birthday. :thumbsup:

Sad:

The final 2 episodes of the "Mighty Morphin Reversion" season of Power Rangers aired. So the wait begins until the new season starts.
Those final two episodes also marked the final airing of Power Rangers on ABC (and by extension on standard broadcast "over the air" television). This leaves me with a minor problem to solve before 2011 as I don't have cable/Nickelodeon.
My problem was made worse in that my local ABC affiliate (for who knows what reason) decided to go off the air (have no signal) just long enough so that I would miss said two reversion episodes. Which leaves me with another thing to solve. Finding said episodes and solving the matter of watching/saving them. I'd wait for DVDs, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, if ever, for this reversion. Having a hard time now just getting them to release season sets. What chance does a season of "alternate cut" episodes have. It be like trying to get a complete DVD episode set of "Transformers Generation 2" or getting Lucas to release every rendition of the original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD/Bluray.
It was also the final airing of the "Turtles Forever" TV movie on The CW (and by extension the end of the TMNT (2003 TV Series) airing on standard broadcast "over the air" television). Not a huge deal as the show has been over since 2009 and I've seen all the series episodes & the TV movie. Just sad to see them go.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Went to my mom's and got more stuff out of the basement as she is in the process of preparing for moving and possibly selling the place. I ended up being there a lot longer than originally planned. My oldest brother and I were going to move this old bookcase out of the basement, along with my old stereo system and cabinet. However, the truck he had probably wouldn't have been suited for hauling it. Also, mom insisted that she wanted to clean it up before bringing it into my place. So, we ended up going through a bunch of other stuff and loading it into the truck for my brother to haul off. I did end up taking the stereo system except for the cabinet, and I got a bunch of old magazines that I'll probably toss in the recycling.

TeeEye7
08-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Slept in just a bit (work is a bit more taxing since half the unit was laid off a year ago. When my days off come around...I'm tired!). The usual mountain of laundry. Wonderful London broil dinner at my sister-in-laws.

JimJamBonds
08-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Was in a 1/2 marathon, I've had a cold for nearly a week and I wasn't feeling all that good about how I'd do and lo and behold I ran like crud. If I hadn't pre registered I wouldn't have done the race.

After that the usual. Ate, slept, read, worked.

DarkJedi5
09-01-2010, 02:44 AM
This past Saturday I took a little trip down to LA. They had tickets to the Hollywood Bowl where John Williams conducted a concert made up of his favorite film scores played to scenes from the movies. Needless to say, I wasn't the only Star Wars fan in the house.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-01-2010, 08:04 PM
The first time I saw a concert at The Bowl was in '99 to see JW, which had quite a few SW fans to hear likely their first live versions of TPM songs. It was awesome. I've been back there, but those shows didn't live up to that first time.

Tycho
09-03-2010, 10:43 AM
This Saturday and this Labor Day Weekend are crazy:

Thu - cooking class - and I had planned on going to the last night at the zoo that I thought I'd be free for, but Michelle wanted to make plans.

Fri - I'm going sailing for another battle cruise on the Hawaiian Chieftan (Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Trek Generations). We're fighting the Californian again. So I'm awake early and getting ready to head down to my ship.

Fri night - The 1st Pace Padres take on the Colorado Rockies.

Sat morning - I drive up to Long Beach (2 hours, plus) to fall-in with my Civil War regiment as we fight the Confederates in one huge battle. I'm hoping to have a staged video shot of me riding with the 6th Cavalry.

Sat night - After a cookout with the men, I'm staying in a hotel room.

Sun morning - it's back on the battlefield to fight again. Those Rebs keep on coming! I'm buying a new rifle as well. Enfield muskets are period appropriate, just that my company didn't carry them for historical accuracy. However, at the distances that most observers of the battle will view us at (keeping out of the line of fire) - no one's going to tell if I carry a lighter rifle.

Sun night - I drive back to San Diego. I love coming home to sleep in my own bed!

Monday - I might have to go back to the Hawaiian Chieftan for another battle cruise if my video footage was not sufficient. If the camera work was good, then I might just go to crew on my ship anyway.

Mon night - it's the Padres vs. the L.A. Dodgers!

Anyway, I should have a lot of pics, but here's one or two from cooking class:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2010, 10:07 AM
I was invited to a friend's place for the first full day of college fooseball about 10am, and stayed until about 7pm. Did a little classwork at home, then tried to sleep.

TeeEye7
09-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Prepared for my trip with my son to the Ozarks (leaving tomorrow). Details, details, details! :crazed:

JimJamBonds
09-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Ran, ate, napped, worked.

mtriv73
09-06-2010, 02:46 PM
took the 3 year old to an airshow. He loved it. We went in a C 130 and when we finally got in the cockpit, rather than being in awe of all the controls, he proceeded to tell the pilot about the "fishies" we caught last week. At least he paid attention when the A-10 and F-18 were flying over.

Tycho
09-09-2010, 05:02 PM
That's cool Mtriv!

The air show is coming here around October 3rd. I'm planning for it.

I need to post my Civil War battle re-enactment pics in this thread. In a bit of a hurry right now though.

Tycho
09-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Alright! My ground combat photos and my first 19th century naval battle video from last weekend have been uploaded to my Facebook page here: Tycho's Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joshua-Adam-Weiselberg-The-Author/117114551640217)

You don't need to belong to Facebook to view these, but if you are on FB, you can follow my future video uploads of long-range cannon fire, cavalry charges including myself riding for the Union, and much more intense naval battle scenes as I'm getting to them.

They take a while to sort through and choose what I'm going to upload ya know.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Two words: grading, football.

Finished (hooray! :D ) my papers and notebooks, plus calculated grades for their progress report. Now I just need to transfer them to the computer once back at school. But, alas, three classes of essays shall await me Monday afternoon. :cry:

Watched (and listened to) Ohio St. hold their own vs. Miami (the other one, for those from OH :rolleyes: ), plus other miscellaneous college games.

Two more words: and more. :p

Ran some errands 'round town (struck out on new Vintage figs at 4 different stores, did some banking [which should not have been as confusing as the tellers made it out to be], dropped off recycling, got gas, found no books to buy :sad:).

Cleaned up a bit around the house.

Had a great local pizza place's Special for dinner. Actually fell asleep at a decent hour and seemed to do so fairly easily.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Ran a 15K race in the morning. My goal was to just run 70 minutes, or about 7:30 per mile. However, I ran my first mile in 6:25, and 3 miles in 20:00. Didn't see another mile marker until mile 7, and was surprised I was still under 7 minute pace. Did mile 8 in 7:33, but the last mile was over 8 minutes. Still, I ended up with a 67:26. I am going to be sore for a few days.

Afterwards, went to breakfast with a co-worker and some of her friends that also did the race. I had already had too much of the food at the post race festivities that I wasn't able to finish my meal.

Spent the rest of the day just relaxing and recovering. Turned on the 2nd half of the UW football game against Syracuse, and later watched an episode of Red Eye on the DVR.

JimJamBonds
09-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Nice run MSP.

As for myself, woke up, made breakfast, went to my hs's cross country meet, meet with a buddy who were are both coaching cc at a local college and talked about what we are going to have the kids do, watched the Badger game. Ate and worked.

El Chuxter
09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I was going to go to a bonfire in Florida yesterday, but I got there and found out it had been canceled.

pho tai (http://gumbopages.com/food/viet/pho.html)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I was going to go to a bonfire in Florida yesterday, but I got there and found out it had been canceled tentatively on hold.

pho tai (http://gumbopages.com/food/viet/pho.html)That travel confusion could've been fixed by checking the organizer's Twitter page:

L8R. Out.

Ando
09-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Went to the coast with my wife and her family (Manzanita, OR), ate junk food, watched college football (GO DUCKS!), drank a lot of soda, smoke a lot of cigars, and just generally wondered what happened in the house next to the one we were renting...

We got there on Thursday night, and the next day, police removed two bodies from the house next door. They (the people next door) had been there for a week or so apparently.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2010/09/manzanita_begins_to_mourn_portland_couple_but_auth orities_still_not_saying_who_dead_pair_are.html (http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2010/09/manzanita_begins_to_mourn_portland_couple_but_auth orities_still_not_saying_who_dead_pair_are.html)

It was very sad, especially since their cat was roaming around crying/meowing for it's people.

TeeEye7
09-16-2010, 12:30 PM
I spent my Saturday in Branson, MO attending my second reunion with the WWII veterans from the 416th Bomb Group of the 9th Air Force. These are the guys who helped to keep all of Europe from speaking German.

http://wgs.cc/416/index.html

JimJamBonds
09-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Very cool TeeEye7, VERY VERY COOL!!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2010, 11:48 PM
We need a :salute: icon! :thumbsup: :pleased:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2010, 11:38 AM
I packed in quite a bit, now that I look back on it.
Checked a Target for new vintage SW figs: none. :mad:
Thought I was getting a Big Country breakfast burrito combo (hold the coffee) from Carl's Jr., but after eating about a third of it and tasting no country gravy or sausage, I realized I had been hornswaggled (too late in my mind to ask it be replaced :upset: ).
Got a $5 car wash to support a group at the school in which I teach (and I got exactly a $5 value in the wash :rolleyes: ).
Made just under $5 (I'd call that... a wash! :p ) in recycling.
Watched the recorded CW premiere episode.
Went to a memorial mass for a friend from days gone by. :cry:
Did some banking, plus not enough grading (but I updated my student seating chart).
Replaced my no-longer-heats-food-but-everything-else-works-fine micrtowave with the small (very small) one I have at work.
Saw our local minor league baseball team in Game 3 of the best-of-five league championship series; they were up 2-0, then tied at 3 and later at 4, down by 3 in the bottom of the 9th only to force extra innings... where a 5-run 11th low-lighted by a towering grand slam proved to be their downfall :( ).
Went to bed late, courtesy of the late ballgame (but caught some of the Betty White SNL rerun before that).

JimJamBonds
09-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Woke up early, ran an easy 3+ miles, then I put on my coaching hat (its more of a metaphorical hat since I don't wear hats) and went to a college cross country meet. Came home and rested up for todays marathon.

Tycho
09-20-2010, 04:48 AM
I attended the Thunderboat Hydroplane Challenge races (I'll upload the pics soon) and met with my Civil War Re-enactors unit.

We had a guest speaker talk to us about Nat Turner's Slave Rebellion when 58 whites were being killed during raids from home to home and Turner raised an army to fight Virginia's National Guard (state militia at that time). They set out to execute or lynch any blacks they could find and over 200 were killed when the Federal governent had to intervene and end this little war.

Disgruntled citizen-soldiers who were dismissed then helped to establish what would become the KKK in its earliest form.

John Brown became inspired by this conflict to begin his violent abolishionist revolt that cumulated in the Massacre at Harper's Ferry only a few years later.

Then the Civil War began with President Lincoln's election and the South's summary secession.

A video of another one of the battles I fought in was just posted here! (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=386335013642&saved#!/pages/Joshua-Adam-Weiselberg-The-Author/117114551640217)

DarkArtist
09-20-2010, 10:15 AM
got up around 8, cleaned the house, worked in the back yard, and then did some sketching 9working on my portfolio...(my wife wants me to enter the show Work of Art and they are having tryouts on the 25th of September in NY) then attended a classic car show in my town (more inspiration for the portfolio) then finally ended the night with a dip in the hot tub and sleep.

then Sunday was more sketching and spent the day at our town's festival and ended with family dinner.

busy weekend

Bel-Cam Jos
09-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Breakfast out (actually got the Big Country burrito I ordered at Carl's Jr. this time), did some banking (the teller was fairly confused, though), dropped off recycling (over $5) and hazardous waste. Was the doorman for my mom's Avon open house event. Tried to grade, but good college football on TV made that tough. :rolleyes: Got Chinese out for din-din. Went to... :zzz:

TeeEye7
09-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Spent the day taking in that fact that I've hit my 25th anniversary at work. :speech:

JimJamBonds
09-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Woke up 'early' ie. when I'd typically get up for work, went to a cross country meet (wished I would have signed up to run in the 'open' race). Went out to eat with the team on the way home, napped, then went to work.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Last evening's car warning light meant heading to get my power steering fixed (not as long as I figured it'd be, and it was warranty covered anyway :thumbsup: ). Mailed off my overseas coupons to Slicker's former military base. Watched too much TV (movie channels, sports), and graded not enough student work.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Ran the open race at my former high school's annual cross country invitational. This year it was at 9 AM before all the school races rather than in the afternoon after they are done. That worked out well as it meant I wasn't standing or running around watching the other races beforehand, and less time to get nervous.

I did okay. I was hoping to break 20 minutes, but just missed with 20:06. It was 31 seconds faster than last year though. The race is a bit short of 3 miles, but given the uneven terrain, it might as well be a 3 mile race. I did the first 3 miles of a 15K last month in 20 minutes, assuming the markers were accurately placed. However, that was on the roads, with the 3rd mile having some downhill. The cross country course, on the other hand, has some pretty lumpy stretches of grass, and it just seems to sap the energy out of me. It certainly is a course that reveals lack of fitness. I never had much trouble with it in high school, but ever since then, it has been quite challenging for me.

I recall the first year I did this open race in 1994, I ran 17:37 and felt terrible. Two or three weeks later I did a 5K cross country race that preceded the local college invitational meet. I ran the same time, but it felt so much easier.

I've been running a bit more lately, so hopefully this will be a first step to getting back in better racing shape. After the race, it seemed that I was able to go down much further doing the hurdler's stretch than I have in quite some time.

Lord Malakite
10-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Completed my Star Wars fingerboard set from McDonalds. Requested several free samples of women's makeup and perfume.

TeeEye7
10-03-2010, 12:47 AM
-Gave blood (fiftieth donation so far).
-Laundry.
-Dinner with Mrs. TI7.
-Checked out our thunderstorms (a rarity in my part of SoCal).
-Helped my niece (sixth grader) design a poster for a student body office she's running for at school. Doesn't look too bad, but I should have asked BigB for help.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-03-2010, 01:06 AM
I worked on a film project with a few friends most of the day Friday, starting to film at 10 p.m. and working until 7 a.m. I only got about two and a half hours of sleep after that before going home for my mom's birthday, for which I went out to dinner with my parents. All fun stuff, but I'm tired as all hell.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-03-2010, 10:39 AM
-Gave blood (fiftieth donation so far).
-Laundry.
-Dinner with Mrs. TI7.
-Checked out our thunderstorms (a rarity in my part of SoCal).
-Helped my niece (sixth grader) design a poster for a student body office she's running for at school. Doesn't look too bad, but I should have asked BigB for help.Are you still alive, TI?!? 50 pints of blood yesterday? :eek:
I'd have combined #2 and #4 on your list to save time and money. :yes:
Will your niece have to claim you as a campaign contributor now? I hear CA's getting pretty strict on their election rules. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I forgot to mention, that I did something yesterday that I hadn't done for a long time, a long time: ate cereal and watched cartoons on Saturday morning while trying to be quiet (recorded Clone Wars Friday and had to head out early for car repair).

Ando
10-04-2010, 12:58 PM
- Got up early and ran some errands; Radio Shack for some audio cables, got breakfast, then went to my dad's to transfer stuff from his old company car (now mine) to his new one.

- Watched a LOT of college football.

- Generally lazed about.

JimJamBonds
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Went to a cross country meet and worked.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Went to a cross country meet and worked.
I ran in a cross country race and then ran around watching a bunch of other cross country races. Didn't do much after that.

JimJamBonds
10-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I ran in a cross country race and then ran around watching a bunch of other cross country races. Didn't do much after that.

Was that in West Allis, Wi? :D

Mad Slanted Powers
10-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Was that in West Allis, Wi? :D

No, it was right here (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Silver+Lake+Park,+Maple+Falls,+WA&sll=48.759553,-122.488225&sspn=0.284717,0.718918&ie=UTF8&hq=Silver+Lake+Park&hnear=Silver+Lake+Park,+Maple+Falls,+Whatcom,+Wash ington+98266&t=h&z=15).

Bel-Cam Jos
10-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Well, here goes:

- went to Hallmark to get some ornaments for their second Premiere weekend this year
- finally put away those clothes in the drawers/closet that'd been sitting in baskets most of the week
- errands (bank, drop-offs)
- got 3/5 of my grading done (still have two class piles left; need to finish all by tomorrow to submit quarter grades)
- watched a lot of college football
- went to church (lets me sleep in Sunday for a change :zzz: )
- had Arby's for dinner (they "have been out of fries for the last two hours" so I got an extra Jr. Roast Beef)

Ando
10-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Took the wife to the outlet mall in Woodburn (30-45 minutes south of Portland), bought a new Oregon licensed Fossil watch, changed the wiper blades on my car, watched a lot of college football, and generally lazed about.

JimJamBonds
10-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Hung out in room 537, along with the 5th floor lobby of my local hospital. Had my vitals taken every four hours or so....tried to nap, talked with family/friends...watched the Badger game. You know, pretty typical really.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Here's to hoping you have more variety to your Saturdays and every-other-days soon, JJB! :thumbsup:

I was the test proctor for the PSAT at my school (and earned a little dough for four hours' effort). Dropped off almost $5 in recycling (over $40 this year so far), where there were three different donate-to-_____ people around, and possibly a fourth person INSIDE THE STORE where you cashed in the voucher. :confused: Did a little grading. Picked out "my" birthday presents (clothing) while on errands with family. Watched college football far too much. Finished reading a novel (wha-?!?). Started some laundry (which is currently in the dryer now).

Slicker
10-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Woke up at about 9 and had to go on base to workout with the kids that failed the physical test (I volunteer in my off time to better them), got home and cut down my banana plants for the season, washed the car, watched the Michigan debacle game, had a few beers and then watched Jackass 3D.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-17-2010, 02:37 PM
I found the new Geonosis Arena Showdown sets at Target. In the afternoon, I mowed my lawn. Later, I walked down the street to this Mexican restaurant. I've lived this close to it for seven years and had never been there. Had Arroz con Pollo. Had to take some of it home. Also ordered a margarita. Don't think I had ever had one before. They always looked good, so I tried one. Didn't like it. I even had one with cranberry, which is one of my favorite juices. I walked home and turned on the UW vs Oregon State game. Wasn't paying attention until the 4th quarter. Huskies hung on to win in 2 OT.

El Chuxter
10-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Margaritas are best when used to marinate chicken prior to grilling. No joke.

JimJamBonds
10-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Read, napped, tried in vein to find a decent college fb game to watch (failed), went by a dudes house to watch the Badger game, hung out and went home.

Ando
10-18-2010, 01:24 PM
I walked home and turned on the UW vs Oregon State game. Wasn't paying attention until the 4th quarter. Huskies hung on to win in 2 OT.

That was a good game!!!

DarkArtist
10-22-2010, 11:12 AM
was sick over the weekend so I basically stayed home watched some TV, did some decorating for Halloween and then a couple of friends stopped by for Chinese food and games night...

not sure yet what is on tap for this Saturday

InsaneJediGirl
10-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Headed out this Saturday to pick apples and pumpkins with the old family unit. Its going to be such a lovely 2.5 hour car trip to the mountains tomorrow, hopefully there won't be too many threats of bodily injury.

bobafrett
10-23-2010, 07:32 AM
So far, I woke up, went on facebook, played "Brute" (a silly little game someone here introduced me to) and then came here. I was looking for my camera, but instead ended up sitting in front of the computer.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Got very little grading done, but that's what tomorrows are for, right? :rolleyes: Watched some college football on the TV. Ate lunch at a DQ store that perhaps did 40% of its daily revenue with my order. Went to a small local amusement park, mainly played 2 rounds of miniture golf (6-under par on course 1, 5-under on the 2nd and just lipped out a chance at a free game on #18 :frus: ). Found (shockingly) a correct-half-size-for-me US flag style pair of Chuck Taylors for under $20, :eek: plus a few CW trading cards packs. Ate dinner at Claim Jumper, and took home for leftovers a tad less than half of the entire order. :o Slept poorly, but am awake now; ta dah!

mtriv73
10-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Watched the Hokies beat Duke in football and then drove to Baltimore and emceed the outstanding young marylander program for the Maryland Jaycees. All in all a very fun day.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Bought a GPS watch and tested it out on a four mile run. Kind of cool to upload it on the computer and see my route and splits.

JimJamBonds
10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Bought a GPS watch and tested it out on a four mile run. Kind of cool to upload it on the computer and see my route and splits.

I presume a Garmin? Which model?

Mad Slanted Powers
10-24-2010, 05:10 PM
I presume a Garmin? Which model?

Forerunner 110. I didn't research much beforehand. My Ironman is about to die, and I wanted something new. I ended up getting another Ironman as well to wear everyday.

The 110 is okay. I like being able to upload it onto the computer and see all the data. It appears that is the only way to view it, as the watch will only show the summary (time, distance, pace), unless I am missing something. The desktop software seems better for viewing the splits, but the online software was better for viewing the maps. I don't know if the PC desktop software is better then the Mac version I have or not. One complaint I have is that is doesn't appear to show cumulative time after each split.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Denver had its annual Zombie Crawl yesterday. I went with some friends to shoot footage; I'll edit it throughout the week and hopefully end up with a funny video.

bobafrett
10-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Ended up working a good portion of the day on my basement, which is where the Man Cave is located, so lets just say, I was working on orginizing my Man Cave.

JimJamBonds
10-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Forerunner 110. I didn't research much beforehand. My Ironman is about to die, and I wanted something new. I ended up getting another Ironman as well to wear everyday.

The 110 is okay. I like being able to upload it onto the computer and see all the data. It appears that is the only way to view it, as the watch will only show the summary (time, distance, pace), unless I am missing something. The desktop software seems better for viewing the splits, but the online software was better for viewing the maps. I don't know if the PC desktop software is better then the Mac version I have or not. One complaint I have is that is doesn't appear to show cumulative time after each split.

I bought a(n old) 110 as well a couple of months ago. Its pretty big but I quickly got used to having a computer screen on my wrist. :D You should be able to cycle through and pick what you want to display. But to be honest I haven't much played around with it.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-25-2010, 12:25 AM
I bought a(n old) 110 as well a couple of months ago. Its pretty big but I quickly got used to having a computer screen on my wrist. :D You should be able to cycle through and pick what you want to display. But to be honest I haven't much played around with it.
I just looked on a website with some reviews, and it seems that I am correct in that you can't view splits. When I bring up the history, I can only move between workouts, not show any splits.

Qui-Long Gone
10-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Halloween is around the corner! Quick, hide the candy from the skeleton king!

Bel-Cam Jos
10-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Watched the entire "Rally to Restore Sanity And/Or Fear" on the couch; did some grading then at times.
Cleaned a little around the house.
Dropped off recycling, did some other errands.
Found two CW figures.
Went to church, then to the grocery store.
Watched a little sports TV.

Qui-Long Gone
10-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Saw the "Social Network" movie....EPIC.

Ate at 5 Guys....EPIC.

Got the tires rotated....not epic....but important....

Went on SSG forum....EPIC.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Let me guess; were you often listening to that hit song by Faith No More... "We Care A Lot"? :rolleyes:

TeeEye7
10-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Was called out at 6AM to work a homicide (bad guys never sleep). Finished that little item around 1PM, reports and all (some homicides are easier than others), then went home and was domestic the rest of the day: laundry and helping with dinner. Went to bed early because I'm still on call until Monday at 8AM. Historically, the gremlins should strike again tonight as Halloween is what I term a "drinking holiday" (like New Years, St. Patrick's Day, Cinco De Mayo, Fourth of July, etc.)

JimJamBonds
10-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Ate, slept, ran, ate, napped, tv/interwebs/reading, ate, worked, bed.

Ando
11-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I laid around and watched a LOT of college football.

GO DUCKS!

LusiferSam
11-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Worked, worked and worked some more. I've 2 days worth of stuff to do in the next 24 hours, so back to work.

bobafrett
11-08-2010, 06:50 AM
I had the day off, worked on my house, stopped by a garage sale and picked up a few needed items, had some friends over for chili and beer, goodtimes!

TeeEye7
11-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Slept in a bit as Friday was a 14 hour shift (hooray for layoffs! :rolleyes:). Accomplished a few chores around the house, then in the evening went to our neighbor's birthday party to celebrate his 80th birthday. Like BCJ, he doesn't look his age at all! ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-08-2010, 10:22 PM
It's eatin' potatoes all these years. ;) Helps the eyes and skin.

What did I do this past Saturday? Did the crossword in the morning. I dropped off over $7 in recycling (helped the guy working there dump and stuff some of the plastic bottles in the container), as I dropped off some graded worked at the school. Bought a SW book (paperback of Death Troopers). Did some more grading, watched a little TV, read some of Earth (The Book). Moved several clocks back, and actually felt the extra hour of sleep with the time change for the first time in forever, it seemed.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Was in the annual city Founders' Day parade, so that took up my time until about noon. Had lunch, took back my costume, did not enough grading and too much college football watching, opened up some SW figures. Went to church, got pizza as dinner, watched more football and the recorded CW cartoon episode. Zzz...

TeeEye7
11-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Accomplished the usual domestic chores around the house. As an unfortunate subscriber of ATT&T's U-Verse bundle with problems, had to wait at home for a repairman for a scheduled service call penciled in between 4PM and 9PM which precluded my going with the family to a local play to support a friend who had a sizable part in it. And, oh yeah, AT&T never showed.

JimJamBonds
11-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Ran, ate, napped, read, worked.

Qui-Long Gone
11-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Cleaned the garage...blech...

mtriv73
11-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Helped decorate businesses in my town for the holidays as a fundraiser for my Jaycees chapter. Then I watched football and played with my sons. It was a great day.

DarkArtist
11-22-2010, 03:08 PM
bouoght a wireless Wii sensor bar (my puppies ate the original Wii sensor bar), had lunch with my father (my wife, mother and sister were at my cousin's bridal shower) and then did some yard work (collected all the leaves in the backyard area) then worked at Shoprite from 6-12... needless to say I was tired on Sunday but had plans to go to my sister's and then back to work at Shoprite for 4-12.

nohagent
11-22-2010, 04:00 PM
spent it looking for a log of old text messages. Really needed ones from Spring 2009 but it looks like they got zapped when the ex broke in July 09. Really needed this stuff for court this afternoon. Plenty of data to prove that we never were able to reconcile and never made it to the ten year lifetime clause. I just hope the judge believes me when I go to trial in an hour. Blah

DarthQuack
11-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Oh working of course.....how I hate weekends at the television station.....so freaking boring and slow!!!

JimJamBonds
11-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Ate, work, nap, shower, ate, worked. Fun!!!

Lord Malakite
11-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Got some Depends diapers and a 15ml bottle of "ACQUA di GlOlA" women's perfume by Giorgio Armani in the mail. That is all.

mtriv73
11-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Got some Depends diapers and a 15ml bottle of "ACQUA di GlOlA" women's perfume by Giorgio Armani in the mail. That is all.

That's an odd combination.

TeeEye7
11-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Sounds like a science experiment.

Lord Malakite
11-23-2010, 11:02 PM
That's an odd combination.

Sounds like a science experiment.

With CollectionStation's recent maintenance issues I've been having "freebie withdrawal" so I've gone on a "freebie" request binge. Cat food, dog food, condoms, tampons, diapers (for both markets), tooth paste, baby food, chips, candy, gum, educational DVDs on colon cancer, muffin recipe books, coffee, soda, and about anything else you can think of. Some of it I have no use for. Just signing up for said freebie to see JBF and other family members' reaction when said item shows up (probably end up donating the diapers, etc. to someone who could use them). SirSteve says I have too much time on my hands. lol

I am looking forward to the free shirt, cigarette lighter and emergency kit that should be coming in the mail though. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Did some (but not all, sadly) grading. Watched Ohio St./Michigan, plus parts of other football games. Saw the newest Harry Potter flick, then went to a local restaurant for din-din. Watched a bit more TV.

Qui-Long Gone
11-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Recouping from a minor surgery. Watched TPM and AOTC. Played SW with my 4 year old son. Ate breakfast, lunch, dinner. Checked my threads.

DarkArtist
11-28-2010, 11:32 AM
saw HP 7 yesterday... awesome movie can't wait to see Part II. did some christmas shopping and worked on some spreadsheet stuff that I'm helping a friend on... then caught up to some TV later that night.

Slicker
11-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Sat in the house watching movies until about 8 when I went to the store and grab 4 tall boys of adult beverage. Watched a few more movies then went to bed.

JimJamBonds
11-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Ran, ate, napped, watched about 10 minutes of the Badger game, worked, meet up with some friends on a bachelor party.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-28-2010, 10:53 PM
I did a short run for the first time in 2 and a half weeks. The first mile was fine, but then my right calf started acting up again.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Yesterday was quite productive, despite waking up to a bloody nose. :eek:

I got most of my "have to" grading done, with not too much of my "should get to" stuff left for today, lesson planned for this coming week (last one before final exams :) ).
Put up the outdoor Christmas lights (in about 2 hours, even).
Dropped off almost $5 in recycling (people who don't sort their items BEFORE they get there can be a tad annoying).
Went to a local history site that does an open house around the first weekend in December each year; a nice tradition.
Had Chinese take-out for dinner.
Watched a few football games throughout the day.
Did a couple loads of laundry.

mtriv73
12-05-2010, 12:25 PM
While the wife took one kid to baby and me yoga or family yoga, I took the other one on some shopping errands (switching kids between classes.) We then all met at a pottery painting place and made gifts for the grandparents for Christmas. Then after dropping the 3 year old off with the grandparents, my wife, our 5 month old, and I went to our church and played the obvious characters in a live nativity scene (no I wasn't the Donkey.) Then it was back home to watch the Hokies get a hard fought win over a pretty darn good FSU team.

Slicker
12-05-2010, 03:10 PM
I washed my car up all purty like, went grocery shopping/Christmas gift shopping, and then went to a friends for dinner.

JimJamBonds
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM
I was lazy, slept in, made breakfast, napped and then went to work.

Qui-Long Gone
12-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Went to Dallas, saw a play at Theatre 3.

Ando
12-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Lazed on the couch and watched college football all day (GO DUCKS!). Then some friends of ours came over for dinner and we watched Modern Family.

Tycho
12-07-2010, 05:56 PM
I saw the play Deathtrap with Michelle.

Then we watched most of The Walking Dead Marathon on Sunday night (and recorded the rest for later).

Mad Slanted Powers
12-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Went to Burlington to see Tangled, and then had lunch with a former coworker I've not seen in seven years. Found a the Ackbar and Wicket figures while I was down there. In the evening, went to a party for our department at our CFO's house, and watched much of the UW vs WSU football game there.

Tycho
12-08-2010, 12:50 PM
What's Tangled, MSP?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-08-2010, 08:59 PM
What's Tangled, MSP?

It's a Disney animated movie version of Rapunzel.

HanSololol
12-11-2010, 07:49 PM
I went hunchback riding LOL

El Chuxter
12-11-2010, 07:51 PM
HanSololol? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time. Seriously, almost as long as it's been since Dean Cain wasn't a joke.

Slicker
12-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Wow. We indeed have a sighting! Long time...

Tycho
12-12-2010, 06:08 AM
My friend Doug visited San Diego from Seattle where he's moved with his wife and taken a good job.

We've been friends through our Star Wars interests for over 15 years!

He showed me Beggars' Canyon Toys (http://www.beggarscanyontoys.com/) his new custom vintage re-carding Star Wars business.

This is so cool and they do custom work, including "vintage carding" the vintage Blue Snaggletooth figure, which I found to be one of the coolest oddities BCT makes.

I saw a video that demonstrates the process and a Vinyl Caped Jawa that Doug just picked up for a bargain.

We took a walk down memory lane and recollected seeing the special editions in the theater together, searching for Star Wars at the Creation Star Trek Conventions and past San Diego Comic Cons, all that stuff.

It prompted me to write my friend Julie (Slicker and BobaFrett - you've both met her - at the bar when we went to Chevy's Fresh-Mex Restaurant) and think of the good friends I still keep, but who had to move away. [Julie lives near St. Louis now.]

But besides being nostalgic, it was a great day. I covered nearly 60 pages of my re-write between yesterday and Friday in some kind of marathon editiing session I just suddenly embarked on. With less than 50 pages left to go with my novel's re-write, I could be done this weekend (depends if I get enough sleep to be productive later today).

So all in all, the weekend's been simple, but nevertheless, going really well.

JimJamBonds
12-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Worked a couple of hours, ran 4 miles and then went to a long long time friends wedding. I drove home (about 20 min) in a snowstorm which wasn't the best idea on my part. I'm supposed to be working now but I'm stuck at home until a plow comes down my street.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Was (because I had no choice) quite productive. Went to the school for their "Cocoa & Cram" tutoring session before final exams this week (only helped three students, since English is a you-know-it-or-you-don't subject more than math, science, or history). Dropped off just a few recyclables. Got some candies and gift card at Costco (do NOT attempt to get gas there on the weekend... without a good book to read while in line) but passed on gas (hee-hee, see above for reason). Graded 3/5 of what I needed to (the remainder must be done by tomorrow morning). Watched very little TV. Went to eat at a local restaurant, the server was a former student of mine (tipped more than normal to be nice :D ). Saw some Christmas light decorations around town. Graded more, went to :zzz:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Slept in until 8:00, which for me is unheard of (but I attribute that to seeing Tron at midnight the night before that finally caught up to me), and proceeded to be less productive until about noon. Did a little grading (still have two classes of finals to finish, but at least now I've started all classes). Went to church, then to the "fake Sizzler" called Sizzling Steaks (which was surprisingly good food, service, and atmosphere) for dinner. The rain throughout the day kept me from shopping for gifts, so now I have until next week ends to git er done.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Did a bit of shopping and saw the new Narnia movie. Didn't do much once I got home.

Qui-Long Gone
12-18-2010, 11:41 PM
We scored an AT AT at Sams Club for my son's XMas present....$49.00, last one on the shelf!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Worked a couple of hours, ran 4 miles and then went to a long long time friends wedding. I drove home (about 20 min) in a snowstorm which wasn't the best idea on my part. I'm supposed to be working now but I'm stuck at home until a plow comes down my street.

Do you find jogging in this weather to be a burden? I mean if it's not the ice, the snow, the wind chill, it's the possibility of skidding drivers plowing into you that keeps me at least from jogging (although I have a stair master that I use). Good for you.

Anyway, spent my Saturday in Amish country about 30 miles from my house. There is a country store that has homemade pies, soups, cheeses, and other goodies that is really a step back in time. It's an annual Holiday tradition dating back only 5 years or so, but we look forward to it every year. And just down the road from the Amish store is a Christmas super store that we make sure to visit as well.

JimJamBonds
12-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Do you find jogging in this weather to be a burden? I mean if it's not the ice, the snow, the wind chill, it's the possibility of skidding drivers plowing into you that keeps me at least from jogging (although I have a stair master that I use). Good for you.

Last month I joined my local Planet Fitness which for me is $10/month and I use the treadmill. I'm quite busy now with work and the temps in my neck of the woods has been rather cold so as of late I've been doing my running indoors. My rule of thumb for cold weather running is if it is above 0 with the wind chill then I'll go out there (although if its above 0 but 20+ mph winds I'll pass).

Ice? Yeah it can suck, you've got to be careful with your footing, as a general rule I tend to 'take it easy' and not run all out. Think base building not interval training.

Snow? No real big deal there, although going through it on un shoveled sidewalks can suck.

Wind chill? A good tip is as much as possible pick a route so the wind will be in your face for the first half of your run and at your back the second half. That makes a HUGE difference.

Skidding cars? Nope, not really a concern. I stay on sidewalks. If its that slippery I won't run outside.

The other thing that can be tough with winter running is the sun sets early this time of year. I bought a vest that is a rather 'loud' green that has reflective material to help the world see me. :)

DarkArtist
12-20-2010, 11:11 AM
got up at 8;00am to help work the my local Knights of Columbus Kids Christmas party...been doing this for the past 17 years.

later that night went to the Trans Siberian Orchestra's concert at the Prudential Center in Newark NJ.

Sunday was spent getting some last minute things for Christmas and decorating the Christmas tree.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-20-2010, 07:30 PM
got up at 8;00am to help work the my local Knights of Columbus Kids Christmas party...been doing this for the past 17 years.Since it's for kids, you should make the party a Jedi Knights of Columbus party.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Or the Knights Who Say 'Neep' of Columbus.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-02-2011, 11:01 AM
I slept in until about 7:15 (that's late for me), watched various forms of sports (bowl games, that rainy hockey game outdoors, list and highlights shows) and the Rose Parade, made just the first three days' lesson plans, went to the store for some stuff, ate food. Basically did my best slug impression. :tired:

Qui-Long Gone
01-02-2011, 01:29 PM
The kids and I (mostly me) worked on Star Wars Mii characters. We made: Vader, post-helmet Anakin, Solo, Luke (ROTJ), Leia (ANH), Chewie (mine is better than any you'll see on the web), Wicket (also better than any you'll see), Ackbar, Jabba (also better than the ones on the web), Boba (more conceptual than accurate), Lando, C3PO, and a Stormtrooper. Then we played Mario Brothers....all day....

**We also made Jasmine from Alladin, Stripe (from Gremlins), Batman & Robin, Batgirl, Poisen Ivy, Catwoman, Joker, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Comish Gordon, and the Penguin.

2-Face, Croc and Mad Hatter are impossible to make on the Wii. Haven't tried Bane or Scarecrow yet....

El Chuxter
01-02-2011, 02:13 PM
I expected Nintendo to have upgrades to the Mii channel by now. I guess we'll never have the option of things like mohawks or unnatural hair colors. I was able to make a really sweet Zartan, Baroness, and Mindbender (the VvV version with glasses instead of a monocle), along with a pretty crappy Snake Eyes.

You could possibly make Mad Hatter with an alternate hat, and pretend he lost the big one in a fight and this is his backup, or something.

JimJamBonds
01-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Got to bed about 6:30, watched the Rose Bowl....stupid Badgers. Went to work.

TeeEye7
01-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Spent a very nice day with Mrs. TI7. Ran errands and ended the day going out to dinner with just the two of us. That may not seem special, but because of my work schedule now, the only quality time we get (if we're lucky since we take care of extended family members, too) is very rare. Very nice to have time together.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Took down the outdoor Christmas lights, brought in just over $5 in recycling, did a fair amount of (easy) grading, watched football (pro and college) on the tube, read a little. Realized I never showered, however. :eek:

Mad Slanted Powers
01-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Other than a quick drive down to Fred Meyer, I was inside all day. Watched the Seahawks beat New Orleans in the playoffs.