PDA

View Full Version : How did you spend your Saturday?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Mad Slanted Powers
07-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Drove down to Milwaukee for a 5k that takes place in/around Miller Park that features the racing sausages. After that I bought some new running kicks, then hung out with a buddy of mine and his oldest son. I tagged along as they did some running around and then we hit up Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. After they went home I did some more running around in Mke then drove home, showered, ate and then worked about 5 hours.
How did you do in the race? I've been kind of dealing with some pains that have limited my running quite a bit the last 3 months. I'm starting to get back into it now, and have done the first two races in a series of summer cross country races on Thursday nights. I did 12:44 for a 2 mile course and 16:06 for a 2.5 mile course. Don't know if they were accurate, but it gives me an idea of where I am. This week will be a 5K and I hope to feel better and run better.

TeeEye7
07-23-2013, 12:05 AM
My longest road trip day this summer was Rapid City to Salt Lake City; over 700 miles, but thankfully, no weather issues. Longest ever in one day? Texarkana, AR to El Paso, TX: about 900 miles.

My longest segment ever driven was Amarillo, TX back home to Bakersdust, CA: 1100 miles. I will NEVER do that again!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-23-2013, 12:42 PM
My longest segment ever driven was Amarillo, TX back home to Bakersdust, CA: 1100 miles. I will NEVER do that again!But what if you'd have added 38 miles to it...? :rolleyes:

JimJamBonds
07-23-2013, 08:24 PM
How did you do in the race? I've been kind of dealing with some pains that have limited my running quite a bit the last 3 months. I'm starting to get back into it now, and have done the first two races in a series of summer cross country races on Thursday nights. I did 12:44 for a 2 mile course and 16:06 for a 2.5 mile course. Don't know if they were accurate, but it gives me an idea of where I am. This week will be a 5K and I hope to feel better and run better.
I had some knee problems from late last August until May, so I've only been really running running the last couple of months. I've been taking it slow, trying to build things back up. My 'plan' was for 7 minute miles and I was a hair under that in 21:39. But I've realized that I've been taking it easy because I've been scared to really push it with the fear of hurting my knee (again). So I'm going to do some more races and really work on pushing myself out of that comfort zone (something I had no problem with in the past). In fact today I did 5 X 800 with times between 3:13-3:07 and I'm really pleased with that. I'm aiming for my next marathon to be in May where I will (finally) qualify for Boston.

Those are some decent times yourself MSP. Nice work!

Tycho
07-25-2013, 12:36 AM
I was at Comic Con.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Slept in until 8am. :thumbsup: Read in a couple books (finished one). Went jogging/walking/running with a friend who's prepping for a 5K/half marathon weekend in a month or so; then talked at said friend's for a couple hours. Came home for a later dinner, TV, gotahbed.

JimJamBonds
07-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Ran 13.1, Subway'd, farmers market, ate again, napped, watchd Rome, napped. Ate. More Rome, bed.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-31-2013, 06:32 PM
Drove to Winthrop, WA to go camping.

sith_killer_99
08-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Broke open several packed boxed of figures and ran an inventory of my OTC collection. Still missing one Canadian carded OTC figure Jablo-Jill from the 05 line. Which is not a big deal since the '05 Canadian carded figures did not come with the star burst background. All told I have 112 OTC figures if you include the VOTC figures from 2004 and the "Exclusives" from 2004-05. lol

Bel-Cam Jos
08-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Last weekend before school year #12 starts. :) / :( Picked up a library book (trying to read one more before the summer's over for me) and read some, a little "exciting" shopping (a toilet seat cover, some hangers, a bed sheet set, bags of chips,... but I forgot to get the plastic scraper). Really just vegged; was in front of the TV for almost all the NFL HOF induction ceremony speeches.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Did a 10K race in the morning. It was pretty low key, at is was for members of the running club only, and only 23 people were in it. Since I had just done a 2 mile cross country race on Thursday, I was just hoping to run relaxed and find a good rhythm and hopefully run 7 minute pace. However, several people went out pretty fast, and I kind of got pulled along with that briefly before letting them go. It was still a bit faster than I had wanted to do. I did pass three of them before a mile, but the next person (the top female finisher) I was unable to gain ground on, and pulled further away from me in the second half of the run. I ended up running a minute slower than 7 minute pace, but the course was probably between 6.3 and 6.4, and my Garmin watch said I was right at 7 minute pace.

Later in the afternoon, my girlfriend came over and we went out to eat at Old Country Buffet. We stopped by my mom's for a short visit, then came home and watched some classic Doctor Who.

JimJamBonds
08-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Hey MSP, I've had similar days of good workout followed by stuffing my cake crusher! :encouragement:

TeeEye7
08-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Helped Mrs. TI7 get her classroom ready for the new school year, went grocery shopping, helped a buddy with an ammunition dilemma, just fired up the grill to burn some salmon patties in a few minutes. Laundry and TV on tap for the evening. Can I party or what?!

JediTricks
08-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Went for a couple mile walk with my sis.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Found out that a sprinkler head and pipe broke, so hand watering that part of the lawn took longer; noticed that the hot water tank may be leaking (not sure from where the puddle came). :( Headed to the school to make copies (only one functioning copier, which had an error message in between jobs :mad: ). Home to staple said copies (still not done yet), plan some lessons, ignore the grading pile (for a bit), pop in a load of laundry (yet to fold), watch the Steelers lose a preseason game. Sleep. :zzz:

JimJamBonds
08-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Ran, went to the farmers market. That for the most part was it for my productivity for the day.

sith_killer_99
08-18-2013, 01:16 AM
I spent a good part of the night unpacking my collection. Sadly there were more victims during this last move than I'd have liked.

Also, the heat seems to have caused several rubber bands to snap and now a few of my box sets have figure floating around loose inside the box.

I will be salvaging what I can and opening what can't be saved, probably end up listing them as I already have far too many loose figures floating around and I don't plan on keeping any loose PT figures.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-18-2013, 10:39 AM
I have been thinking about the boxed SW stuff I have, too, sk_99. But I choose to ignore it for now. :badidea?:

I cleaned the gutters in the backyard. Yuck, including the hose spray-back that entailed washing the shirt in two loads of laundry. Out for effective errands (over $7 in recycling, after a 30-minute + wait time [good to see so many people recycling :thumbsup: ]; closed a "young savers" account at the bank & transferred those funds to my "big boy debts owned" one; got a book [and started to read it once back home] at B&N and a $.99 Best of Billy Ocean CD at Best Buy [both were coupons]; dropped off books at the library; brought home pizza and bread as lunch). Watched some DVR'd shows. Successfully avoided grading or lesson planning. :rolleyes: Got a phone call from the neighbor across the street that some flashlight beams were visible near our side yard; called police dispatch to investigate: turned out to be a kid who does live next door, but he was talking on his cell phone while pacing in the backyard, dressed in black and with a flashlight. :eek: :confused: Gotta keep an eye on that now, I guess. Slept wearily.

sith_killer_99
08-18-2013, 01:45 PM
I have been thinking about the boxed SW stuff I have, too, sk_99. But I choose to ignore it for now. :badidea?:

I wouldn't worry too much unless you are at a high risk. Texas heat is a killer, plus my movers packed some of my stuff and weren't very careful. I might have fared better if I had ALL of my figures in procases. Those that were made it though all right for the most part, there were a few that got crushed, even in the cases. Also the heat turned a few bubbles yellow and caused a few rubber bands to snap. 110 plus degree heat in non-climate controlled storage for months is not good for a collection.

My last move was back in July last year and our stuff sat in storage until I got the house here in January, household goods dropped off in February, then I had to unpack the house stuff, so my collection sat in the garage.

I have been slowly going through everything. I am doing an inventory, checking everything to see what will need to be replaced.

My OTC collection is in great shape! Which is good because I bought nearly everything from OTC, ships, figures, even the figure cases (Vader case with Boba Fett and Stormtrooper and C-3PO case with Han and Chewie).

My TSC collection took the biggest hit, which was far from complete anyway. The Episode III Heroes and Villains (12 of 12) all took damage to the cards.

So far I have my entire OTC collection nicely displayed in the garage, all figures hung on the wall, 2 big shelves with my vehicles, 12 inch figures, Jedi Council sets, Mos Eisley Cantina sets, Death Star Briefing and Bounty Hunters sets, etc.

JimJamBonds
08-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Ran in a local race (did the 2 mile), went to Perkins for breakfast (and to put on any weight lost while running), relaxed, napped, did some laundry and regretted having to go back to work the next day.

TeeEye7
08-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Since I'm on house arrest, er, on call, I managed a little more yard work and domestic chores than normal. Q'd steaks tonight for the first time in a very long time (the budget finally allowed it). Now staying close to the phone hoping there's no banger reprisals tonight.

Tycho
08-24-2013, 11:59 PM
I've been writing. I have been unable to stop all day after waking form a restfull sleep I had to catch up from following a previous night of insomnia.

I just did amazing writing - like 50 pages! I hope when I review it the next day I will remain so pleased.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-25-2013, 09:10 AM
At our school, some of the staff does that November write-a-lot-of-whatever-you-want program; I may have to join them this year (forget grading, lesson planning, showering and eating! ;) ).

Surprisingly, I got quite a bit done. Considering I didn't even shower. :eek: Graded all 500+ (that is, if every student turned in what they were assigned) language term items and selected the ones to be displayed in the classroom, finished 2/3 of my notebooks, and recorded said grades. Listened to the 80s and 90s DirecTV stations (good tunes, man; and without a pre-set playlist that I knew about beforehand) while doing so. Did a load of sheets, watched a little TV, read almost to the end of a good book, got dinner out. Quoting an 80s/90s artist (who I saw on the big screen at the Dodger game two weeks back): "I gotta say it was a good day." :noautomaticweapons:

JimJamBonds
08-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Ran 13.7 miles in what was probably my 'best' run of the year. Made a huge breakfast most of which I didn't eat. Napped, interwebed, went out to eat with a buddy then we went to see a local band where we know a couple of the guys.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-01-2013, 09:50 AM
"Slept in" until 5:45. :eek: :p Did some work caulking the dripping gutters (was semi-successful), not due to all the rain we have NOT gotten in months, but the run-off from the A/C unit seemingly on, all, the, time, lately. :( Now up to almost $30 in school recycling after this week's drop-off (turned in my last drawing ticket for the summer contest program :fingerscrossed: ). Finished my gotta-get-to grading, and planned the coming week's lessons. Read about half of the SW book I had started a day before. Watched the :Pirate:s win and some hadn't-seen-before reruns of Pawn Stars. Went to bed and actually fell asleep fairly easily and quickly. Hooray!

Mad Slanted Powers
09-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Ran in the Lake Padden Relay. I did my 2.6 mile lap around the lake in 16:32. About 35 seconds slower than last year, but about the time I felt I was capable of today, and felt I could have done a bit better. Felt a bit stronger at the end than I have in my other recent races, so that might be a good sign.

After that, my girlfriend and I went to Coconut Kenny's for lunch, as I a coupon for a free sandwich that I got in a random drawing from another race I had run in April.

Later, we watched a bit of TV, including some classic Doctor Who, and then watched the movie "Jumpin' Jack Flash".

JediTricks
09-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Had a rather underwhelming family birthday gathering, we went to the Petersen Automotive museum and then El Torito and finally cake at my sister's place, but none of it went over well unfortunately.

JimJamBonds
09-03-2013, 08:42 PM
The college team I help coach had its first cross country meet of the year, after that I went by some friends house for a get together then went home and called it a day.

TeeEye7
09-08-2013, 01:52 AM
I helped my wife get her classroom ready for Back to School Night (or whatever you call it in your area) after bringing her some lunch. She's vertically challenged, so my help is always appreciated (my dad was 6'4" tall...dang! I wish I would have gotten his height genes...). We worked until 1700 hours and decided to go to dinner. About 2 minutes after arriving, my oldest brother, sister-law-and niece also walked in much to our surprise! We haven't seen each other in quite some time (mainly due to my wacky work hours), so we had a most enjoyable dinner together catching up on family things and other subjects of interest. Quite a nice day!

BTW: My brother DID get our dad's height genes....

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2013, 09:56 AM
We worked until 1700 hours and decided to go to dinner.Uh, there are only 24 hours in a day... unless you were on a DIFFERENT PLANET!!! :eek: ;)

Sprinklers run, backyard worked on (including moving a large worm to a box with leaves, instead of yummy vegetables on the vine and flower petals), recyclables crushed and emptied. Drove to B&N (no comic there), Costco (recharge the cash card, spend much of it on gas), Toys R Us (no comic there, either, but did find The Black Series Padme fig), comic shop (closed, but since I'd forgotten to drop off said recyclables, when I went out again, I then found that comic shop open and STILL the issue wasn't in stock... but see my comment in the "Stores" thread here on SSG for a weird cashier tale). Home indoors to avoid humidity and 100+ temps, with college football watching, grading. Out to another store (not for comics, but home items), with a great sunset.

JimJamBonds
09-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Cross country meet, napped/ate. Had a headache after I got home so productivity was rather low.

TeeEye7
09-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Made numerous attempts to log on to SSG throughout the day but was met with an error message that the "server is too busy. Try again later" until I met with success later in the evening.

Installed under cabinet task lighting in the kitchen, watched OU beat Tulsa, laundry, watered areas in the back yard where I haven't repaired automatic sprinklers yet, watched "Rocky" and "Rocky II" with our niece who came over for dinner (she is a total fan of the series), hung around the bat-phone as I'm on call until Monday morning.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Ran into the same ISE-type messages (ah, nostalgia...) on SSG.

Same beginning-of-Saturday stuff (lawn work, recycling, banking) to begin. Graded, graded, graded. While watching various sports games. Stayed indoors to avoid the 100+ temps.

JimJamBonds
09-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Cross country meet, qudoba, laundry, more food in my cake crusher. bed.

TeeEye7
09-22-2013, 04:09 PM
The first eight hours of Saturday were spent working a homicide, then home for four hours of sleep (after a 17-hour day). Then up to go to our annual picnic for the Kern Chapter of the National Weather Association (I'm an unapologetic weather geek) up in our WONDERFUL southern Sierra Mountains. Back home where I got a second wind and couldn't go to sleep until 2AM, so a bunch of mindless TV was in order for a few hours.

Tycho
09-23-2013, 07:10 AM
TeeEye, I wrote about a lot of fictional homicides (for my novel). In this part of the book, they were all accomplished with gunplay. You could call it combat actually (drug related gang fighting) but I guess that's homicide even if both "cides" know the bullets are coming and they're shooting their own back.

As I've been watching National Geographic channel to learn about the mentality of the participants in these battles, they don't consider it homicide but death in the line of duty to "da hood."

Anyway, when I wasn't killing fictitious people I attended two baseball games. On Saturday night, I saw my team killed by the LA Dodgers (but we won first on Friday night).

And that was my weekend.

Oh, I did read Star Wars forums on many a fan site and was depressed with the loss of enthusiasm for the hobby, notably because the black series rehashes characters we already have.

Darth Plageuis is going to be the first offering I actually buy.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-23-2013, 11:45 PM
I was in Tycho's neck of the (lack of) woods, drove down to meet up with some family who were visiting San Diego. Went to Cabrillo Nat'l Monument, around Old Town, to Mission Bay. Very nice Italian dinner.

JimJamBonds
09-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Cross country meet, did the 'open' 5k race over an Olde English style course (jumped hale bales, logs and had water crossings), ate a few times, laundry, interwebs. Bed.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-28-2013, 11:41 PM
Cross country meet, did the 'open' 5k race over an Olde English style course (jumped hale bales, logs and had water crossings), ate a few times, laundry, interwebs. Bed.I did an open race as well after my alma mater's high school invitational. However, it was a rainy day, and the worst of the rain hit during the open race. I've run in a lot of rain, but don't know if I've ever raced in this much rain. Somehow, by race time, the heavy rain has always seemed to pass in time for my races. I have raced in muddy conditions before, though. I was hoping to run under 19:00 on this course for the first time since 2002, but I only managed 19:52 today. So, I look forward to getting in better shape and running well in other upcoming races.

TeeEye7
09-29-2013, 02:09 AM
Decompressed for the most part Saturday doing almost nothing after an intense two weeks of activity at work. During that time I've worked and officer involved shooting, a protracted shooting case that ended up in two parts of town, and then to top it off, I've worked three of four homicides (one a double) we've had in the county that transpired over the course of only six days. I guess we're trying to emulate our county to the south, Los Angeles. Way too many 10 to 18 hour days as a rule during that time. Uncle Sam is going to LOVE me! I even got bit by a pit bull this week...good thing it was a puppy!

I watched OU (4-0) beat Notre Dame; then saw the end of the LSU-Georgia game. Went to dinner with Mrs. TI7 as her weeks wasn't much better than mine. Came home, threw in a couple loads of laundry and watched TV. Now time for a little surfing.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Out to a school fund raiser car wash (gotta get there early, while the kids still have energy and the rags aren't dirty), then to recycling (where some weird dude cut the line, but no one was going to fight him over about $2 in items). Home to grade and watch various sporting events (OSU/UW, Pirates/Reds, Pitt/UVA). Out to the stores for a book, to not find a library book, to not sign up for a comic book pull-list, to return some grading to school. Tried to continue grading; no luck. Read briefly. Zonked. :zzz:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-06-2013, 09:13 AM
All that just-gotta-get-it-done stuff:
o sprinklers run
o removed a large and very unhappy (unhoppy?) grasshopper from the yard
o recycling dropped off (over $65 on the school year), plus some graded work back to my classroom (quite windy up there, too)
o gassed up and paid for yearly Costco membership
o graded, graded, graded
o watched various sports-themed television broadcasts, in between...
o more grading, grading, grading
o out to dinner
o read briefly, until...
o even more grading, grading, grading (it's the quarter, so I have to have it all done and recorded by tomorrow
o likely dreamt of red pen ink and more grading, grading, grading...

TeeEye7
10-06-2013, 07:16 PM
I've been on call this week so, it was the usual stick around the bat phone at home and do the ordinary domestic things. Went to bed but was awakened to work yet another homicide in north county. Unbelievable! Got home at 10:30 this morning after being call out at midnight. The city even had two homicides today. My guess for all of this would be because of the economy and AB109.

JimJamBonds
10-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Ran in the Brewers Mini Marathon (half), saw Metallica: Through The Never at the Imax theater in Milwaukee.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-07-2013, 06:27 PM
When I first read your post, JJB, I thought you saw Metallica at the marathon! :eek: \m/

JimJamBonds
10-07-2013, 08:28 PM
When I first read your post, JJB, I thought you saw Metallica at the marathon! :eek: \m/
Nope, lol. But I have had marathon Metallica listening sessions if tat counts for anything.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-08-2013, 08:48 PM
A friend of mine ran in a Disneyland 1/2 marathon this year, and Sean Astin was there. Isn't he totally full of metal cred? :rolleyes:

Mad Slanted Powers
10-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Did a 5K race this morning (my Garmin watch said only 2.89, though) and finished 3rd in 18:12. Faster than last year on the same course, but the finished in the same position.

Last week, watched 3 episodes of Firefly in the morning with my girlfriend. In the evening, I went with her to church to help serve communion. Only the 3rd time I have ever been to a church service. On the way home, stopped by my mom's place and visited with her and my oldest brother who was also there. Didn't get home until after midnight.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-13-2013, 08:53 AM
... turning in my first $10+ recycling haul (up to $75 now, IIRC) of the school year
... running (driving?) errands around town (book shopping, book not-finding, items dropping-off, potting soil getting)
... finishing grading and lesson planning
... football watching
... reading for fun
... going to sleep as the next-door neighbors' birthday party music of Pantera was playing (you talkin' to me?)

JediTricks
10-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Some friends and I went to the Highland Games at the Ventura Seaside Park, sampled Scottish and other British food including what I'm told is an uninspiring haggis (I was surely expecting more drama one way or the other from the notorious sheep's organs sausage), a grilled banger and onions (excellent), fresh scone with strawberries and cream (unbelievably good, better than strawberry shortcake), shared a sausage roll (it's a long way to the shop), a bite of a Welsh cake, had a Harp lager (ugh), joined a clan in Clan Inebriated and enjoyed a little too much of the Cap'n Arrgyl which was surprisingly smooth and easy despite being made from 5 different kinds of rum, watched sheaf tossing and hammer throwing and stone putting and caber tossing, observed various kinds of dogs doing sheep herding, bought a cheap dirk and a lemon curd and a bottle of HP Sauce, met a pair of kyloes (apparently it's a Highland cow, though you'd not know it to look at them, they'd look more at home on Tatooine), had a cold Irn-Bru which was really good actually, shared a Violet Crumble, mocked the local news girl for wearing totally inappropriate boots and having a ton of trouble with the children's caber toss event but she was good-natured about how silly she was, and stopped at Red Robin on the way home.

Unfortunately, saw 3 different big traffic incidents (the 3rd and final was because the driver had a whole tire tread in their lane and instead of just going around it into the shoulder they came to a dead stop, I narrowly avoided the first salvo of trouble but saw the resulting violence in my rear-view), and someone sideswiped my car while I was parked in a space on a corner waiting for my group to come out - the sound was VERY shocking and I was lucky this new car has hinged mirrors because my last one didn't and would have for sure broken off - the driver tore out of there when they saw me get out to inspect.

Maradona
10-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Hopefully, next Saturday will be spent congregating with some fellow SSGers.

JediTricks
10-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Hopefully, next Saturday will be spent congregating with some fellow SSGers.:thumbsup: Agreed!

Bel-Cam Jos
10-20-2013, 09:25 AM
And so it was; after laundry, recycling, some grading, some college football watching, of course.

With JediTricks, El Chuxter, and Maradona, enjoyed a splendid meal, with do-it-yourself frozen yogurt after. Then, on to seek such collectibles as discount novelty shirts, rocks in a jar, sweat-absorbing thumb-protecting jackets, non-college-dorm-sized bed sheets, electronic hammers, ... and SW or GI Joe figures. Discussed the state of collectibles, movies & shows, fiction in comic and novel forms. Once back home: asleep fairly easily.

Sweet! :)

TeeEye7
10-20-2013, 12:54 PM
And so it was; after laundry, recycling, some grading, some college football watching, of course.

With JediTricks, El Chuxter, and Maradona, enjoyed a splendid meal, with do-it-yourself frozen yogurt after. Then, on to seek such collectibles as discount novelty shirts, rocks in a jar, sweat-absorbing thumb-protecting jackets, non-college-dorm-sized bed sheets, electronic hammers, ... and SW or GI Joe figures. Discussed the state of collectibles, movies & shows, fiction in comic and novel forms. Once back home: asleep fairly easily.

Sounds like SoCal SSG-Con!

I was a slug, basically. Laundry, a few errands, watched OU beat Kansas, dinner with Mrs. TI7 at Black Angus, then home to watch the Tigers not stay alive.

Maradona
10-20-2013, 11:23 PM

We certainly had a grand time. I'll add to that litany of awesome with JediTricks using his vast mechanical knowhow to diagnose a puzzling sound in my car.

We must all do this again. Except the car part.

JediTricks
10-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Funny, your Saturday sounds a lot like my Saturday, except my Saturday also involved leaving about a foot of tire rubber on a very steep street while trying to parallel park. :p

Yeah, a good time indeed, and we should try to get in another one soon! Hopefully Maradona's car situation will be all fixied uppy by then (I'm still leaning towards water pump, which could be as low as $150-$200).

Bel-Cam Jos
10-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Typical standard stuff: recycling, meal preparing and eating, grading, lesson planning, college foosball watching, verb listing.

TeeEye7
10-27-2013, 08:27 AM
I spent half a day at work Saturday finishing reports and booking evidence because of my 16 hour day on Friday dealing with this cluster:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/state&id=9301134

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/state&id=9295208

Celebrated a friend's birthday at dinner, then vegged the rest of the evening.

Tycho
10-28-2013, 10:04 AM
I was on my way to see my grandpa after filming a video shoot for the Board of Tourism in Temecula when I learned my grandpa died.

We're having the funeral this week. Bummed.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Sorry to hear that, Tycho. :(

JimJamBonds
11-01-2013, 09:10 PM
3 weeks ago: ran in a 5k in a park area that I've enjoyed since I "found it" over a dozen years ago.
2 weeks ago: Coach JJB was at the Wisconsin Private School Cross Country Championships
1 week ago: ran in a half marathon on Mackinac Island. I ended up second in my age group and 28th overall (out of I'd guess 1,000.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-03-2013, 07:56 AM
On my way to the school to work on decorating my classroom door for this week's College Week events (Youngstown St. is well represented), I believe I have crossed the $90 mark in recyclables this year. Did some banking (with a very odd conversation the rest of the long line was "honored" to listen to, complete with the woman trying to show her shoes to the teller behind the counter), and some bill paying. Watched TV while the grading was being finished. Turned back the hands of time before nodding off to slumberland... or pressed some buttons to move 23 hours "ahead."

JimJamBonds
11-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Went for a bike ride, napped, relaxed, read, interwebed. Made curry.

Tycho
11-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Not exactly all on Saturday, but over a stretch of a few months, I saved our local post office and the service for our community, plus the jobs of our workers.

Here's the first of San Diego's newspaper articles to break (from today - the other papers' articles will come tomorrow including the big one).

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2013/nov/06/stringers--mission-valley-post-office-remain-open/

JediTricks
11-09-2013, 02:20 AM
Last Saturday I spent all day helping my sister trying to find a new car (we drove very far for a car she wants only to find it running rough, and we got the bait-n-switch at Kia Downtown), it was a tad grueling after a whole week of being in the car helping my mom and her husband move and then driving 6 hours the day before on a date, but it was for a good cause. Plus we got Farmer Boys burgers and holy crap are they good, they displaced Carls Jr as best drive-through burger and pushed McDonalds right off the map.

Tomorrow is Disneyland with my mom and her husband to celebrate the move being complete (well, they have a mountain of unpacking left, but that's not my dang problem!).

I was on my way to see my grandpa after filming a video shoot for the Board of Tourism in Temecula when I learned my grandpa died.

We're having the funeral this week. Bummed.I was very sorry to hear that he passed, especially since you were on the way to see him. I know you were close with him, and that you've lost too many family members already.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Had done recycling the day before (topped $100 for the school year, with more than half of it left to go! :thumbsup: ), so my early event was the annual Founders Day parade that now travels through the 10-year old shopping district (used to go through the main street in town). I was on a train float as Jack Benny (complete with borrowed violin, see pic); quite fun. After some quick shopping, back home for computer work and picture downloading, a little grading (most had also been done the day before), some TVing, some reading. A friend's belated 60th birthday party was at a local Mexican restaurant (where I believe I ate too much and felt like it). Home and right to bed, feeling ugh. :(

Mad Slanted Powers
11-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Placed 5th in a 5K race and was 2nd in my age group with a time of 18:46. I was amazed that I was able to maintain right around 6 minute mile pace the whole way. I thought I might slow down more, but my slowest half mile was 3:04, and that was probably due to slowing for a turnaround point.

JimJamBonds
11-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Nice work MSP! I spent the first 90 minutes getting home from a cross country meet in Syracuse (I live in Wisconsin), then I was up a handful of hours later for athlete visit day, then I hit the library and then a nice long nap. Food, laundry and interwebs took up most of the rest of the day/night.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Started to run the sprinklers, and then I noticed it began to sprinkle, as rain (in SoCal?). :eek: So, I didn't keep them running. Went on a loop about town: recycling, ATM, gas at Costco, wristwatch repair, book buying, found some packs of SW cards of a set I had no idea existed, grocery store, a plethora of stupid pedestrians and parking lot drivers. Home for college football-apalooza on the teevee, finished all the had-to grading and recording, loads o' laundry. Pooped... meaning tired, and went to bed. :zzz:

TeeEye7
11-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Went to the grocery store and was met by a massive throng as if it were the day before Thanksgiving or the first of the month. Incredible! Tried to log on to SSG several times until I was tired of seeing the "down for maintenance" flare each time.

Also completed the usual home domestic chores but mostly took care of Mrs. TI7 who is down with the raging crud galloping through her school site right now. No school for her Monday as she called 1-800-GIMMEASUBSTITUESTAT.

Lord Malakite
11-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Went to the grocery store and was met by a massive throng as if it were the day before Thanksgiving or the first of the month.

Had to do do a double take there. Thought you said you were met by a massive thong. :p

JimJamBonds
11-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Went for a 6 mile trail run. Subway'd, interneted, laundry, nap.

TeeEye7
11-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Had to do do a double take there. Thought you said you were met by a massive thong. :p

That probably would have been the case had I gone to Wal Mart....

Bel-Cam Jos
11-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Relaxing, is the euphemism I'd use. :rolleyes: Went past my "baseline" recycling amount (it's the lowest amount I've collected in the previous 9 years), with more than half the school year left to go. :thumbsup: Some errands out and about (maps, snacks, books). Home where some power sucked me into staring at a screen of moving images for most of the day, including a hilarious new Bill Cosby stand-up special, and a few football matches. I graded exactly ONE student assignment; hey, there's another week left! Packing and device charging, route planning and weather checking. In bed somewhat early.

JimJamBonds
11-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Got my indoor bike ride on, lifted a few weights, hit the library, interwebs, food, nap. That was pretty much my Saturday.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-30-2013, 09:26 PM
On the last day of Movember/No-Shave November, I got some things done, and much relaxing before returning to school on Monday. Almost done with the gotta-get-done grading, most of next week's lessons. My uncle was in town for a short visit. Watched the amazing OSU/Michigan football game on teevee, plus the end of the Iron Bowl shocker, and channel flipping of other games. Went to a local fund raiser event at a famous woodworker's museum, then out for Handel's ice cream, and take-the-visitor-around-town driving. :pleased: Ate tasty turkey leftovers as dinner. Saw neighbors put up their Christmas lights; not yet for me. Will be shaving the week's-worth growth over my lip very soon.

JimJamBonds
12-02-2013, 09:17 PM
10 mile run on the roads, laundry, food, napping and the interwebs took up most of the rest of the time.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Awoke too early, :( then got about another hour's sleep. Amid light rain, dropped off recycling, for the only time I wasn't at home. Put up the outdoor Christmas lights when it was drier (but still cold and breezy). Graded in between (and I still haven't finished it all :( ), plus allotted time for the Ohio State football game. :( Will need to get to all that other grading tomorrow (and WHEN will I get to any holiday shopping? :( ). Did a load of clothes, and some simple around-the-house cleaning. Too many sad emoticons today. :(

Mad Slanted Powers
12-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Ran a 5K race this morning in below freezing weather. At least it was sunny and not too windy. I ran faster than last year, but slower than two years ago. Considering the weather and how I have felt the last couple weeks, I was not too disappointed. Especially since I won my age group.

Later, my girlfriend and I went to see a display of gingerbread houses. In the evening, washed dishes and didn't do much while half watching football.

Tycho
12-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Yesterday I had a great time at our Christmas party for the 69th Pennsylvania Infantry re-enactors! It felt like a great belated birthday party for me too, as I did nothing for my own day but free a lot of my time to work on my novel - which I really wanted to do. But Saturday we had turkey, drinks, party games, (the best stuffing and cornbread pudding!) looked at new guns and saw old friends. A perfect day!

JimJamBonds
12-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Was going to spend some time on the dreadmill but when I got to the gym I realized I forgot to bring running shoes so instead I hopped on the bike, lifted some weights etc. Then I made some breakfast, read, interwebbed, napped, laundry and a bit of tv.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-15-2013, 09:32 AM
To the school for their study session called "Cocoa and Cram" before finals this coming week (and I actually helped a student this year :eek: ), and finished copying my final exams and got to more grading (last of the semester! ... before the finals, of course). Recycling had a long line. Out for some shopping (including the school's fund raiser at the local B&N, where my ticket won a prize). Watched a little TV in between grading, attempted the annual Christmas letter. Tried out a newly-opened Chinese restaurant for take-out dinner... and I think I'll stick with my "regular" place (although it was humorous reading their signage).

TeeEye7
12-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Haircut, Christmas shopping with Mrs. TI7, her mom, our niece and nephew; then treated the aforementioned to dinner at our local Mexican restaurant.

Maradona
12-16-2013, 10:19 AM
This is finals week, so: Grading. Grading. Oh, and more grading. But I got it all done, though, and rewarded myself with finally opening and displaying Castle Grayskull. It had been sitting in the shipping box all week, but I didn't want to put it together until my work was done.

JimJamBonds
12-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Ran/worked out, grabbed some breakfast. After that reading and the interwebs was most of the rest of my day.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-17-2013, 06:37 PM
This is finals week, so: Grading. Grading. Oh, and more grading. But I got it all done, though, and rewarded myself with finally opening and displaying Castle Grayskull. It had been sitting in the shipping box all week, but I didn't want to put it together until my work was done.My grading weekend was the previous one. Today was the first day of fall semester final exams; two days to go. Maradona, can you plug in the castle's electronics near a chair, so that you can sit by the power of Grayskull? :rolleyes:

Maradona
12-18-2013, 01:05 AM
My grading weekend was the previous one. Today was the first day of fall semester final exams; two days to go. Maradona, can you plug in the castle's electronics near a chair, so that you can sit by the power of Grayskull? :rolleyes:

Like many people who bought it and have taken photos of it, I'm tempted to photoshop some lightning effects around it in accordance with said power.

I turn in my grades and roll book tomorrow, our last day of finals. For some reason, there will be classes held on Thursday and Friday, despite grades being inputted. I don't miss days, so I'll go, but I can't foresee too many students or staff members motivated to attend.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-18-2013, 03:56 PM
That is odd. Is it some kind of make-up days schedule? Or does it allow for absences of final exams? Our last day is tomorrow (and my prep period is one of the scheduled finals, so I can get some grading knocked off), but we don't have to submit our grades online until Wed. 1/8/14, so one may take one's time with grading, instead of rushing through. I intend to be such a "one." :pleased:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Laboring through (hopefully) the worst day of a recent gift of the common cold. :( Did get the easiest parts of each of my remaining classes of final exams graded. Watched various college sports games (live: YSU and OSU basketball, parts of the first bowl games; past: looked for myself in the stands in the 2010 Rose Bowl Game Presented By Some Company) and a History Channel Very Vegas Weekend, as I used up a box of tissues and drank about 300 oz. of water and other liquids throughout the day. :tired:

JimJamBonds
12-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Ran, read, puttered around, worked some as well.

TeeEye7
12-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Nursed Mrs. TI7 while she battled a 103 fever and flu on her first day of Christmas vacation (I guess her flu shot was a placebo this year). Six days later, she still feels puny. Fun way to spend a vacation...for the both of us. Also worked on getting the house in order for Christmas and the arriving family onslaught.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-27-2013, 09:24 AM
I have heard from several friends of the evils of bad health to start the holidays. Boo! Boo, I say! :mad: My mom's now part of that crowd. Boo! :mad: I was part of them, too a week ago. Don't let a friend pressure you in; it's not cool!

Bel-Cam Jos
12-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Somewhat slept in, but still up in time to see my uncle off on his drive home. Took down most of the outdoor lights (which sadly, didn't work all that well this year :( ). Read some (including from my porch, to watch the trash cans at the curb, as there's been a few issues there recently :mad: ), graded none, watched TV and net surfed. Out to a local candy shop for a candy cane making demonstration (free mini samples).

TeeEye7
12-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Cooked, cleaned the kitchen, cooked, cleaned the kitchen, cooked, cleaned the kitchen....

Did I mention the relatives were here?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Cooked, cleaned the kitchen, cooked, cleaned the kitchen, cooked, cleaned the kitchen....

Did I mention the relatives were here?What gets typed in light font, stays in light font... ;) I've run the dishwasher about 6 times in the past week, when I usually do so that much in about a fortnight.

JimJamBonds
12-29-2013, 08:51 PM
Snowshoed, pigged out at Qdoba's, napped, interwebbed, read.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Took down the remaining outdoor decorations, and did some around-the-house clean up. Dropped off and picked up a couple books at the library. Went to do some copying at the school, so I wouldn't be caught up in the copier line Monday morning... only to realize I didn't have all the originals with me. :( So, back home to start that over (also did some set-up in my classroom). Read some, watched a little TV (just can't avoid watching SWE4:TESB when it comes on cable, you know). Got take-out as dinner.

JimJamBonds
01-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Snowshoed, then went to workout where I managed to tweak my back working with kettle bells then I gave myself a blister bigger then a quarter while water running because I forgot to bring shoes to wear in the pool. #thatswhatyougetforworkingout

EDIT: I forgot to add the "good news" of my Saturday, meeting with some of the guys from my fantasy football leagues and collecting my winnings!

Bel-Cam Jos
01-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Slept in (yay! ), cleaned up various piles of stuff around the place (not-so yay), got almost $10 in recycling (yay! ), banked and booked (deposits at both; yay! ), finished all the grading (yay! ) from this first week of school, watched some interesting TV (one of those free preview pay channel weekends; yay! ), then prepared for Sunday's "planned local power outage" (BOO!!! :mad: but as long as it's legit maintenance I guess it's important: just no NJ freeway closure-type stuff! ).

JimJamBonds
01-12-2014, 08:50 PM
I did not sleep in, I got up early hopped in the car and drove 3 hours to my first ever snowshoe race where I was the overall winner in the 5k race. Driving home took up most of the day, with a little interwebs and reading thrown in.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-19-2014, 09:27 AM
After a poor night's sleep, awakened for the "standard" activities (sprinklers, crossword, recycling, laundry). At the recycling place, I wondered if they were having issues, as a second person was there, checking EVERY SINGLE BARREL of items (first time I have ever seen the place discount for extra moisture... 10% ), which slowed down the process (and when two of the three people ahead of me had $20+ worth, that's sloooooooow :( ). Home to finish the need-to grading. Read some, online stuff some. Went to use a coupon at an outlet mall, but ended up getting better deals without it (a watch at about 20% of its original, shoes and laces for about 40% off). Out to dinner to use a gift card (that wasn't accepted last time) at Outback; I am normally just a steak sauce on steak kind of guy, but the parmesan crusted topping was awesome (bonzer?). Home to more reading.

JimJamBonds
01-20-2014, 09:09 PM
Ran on the dreadmill, lifted a few weights then ran in the poool, food, interwebs and napping took up most of the rest of the day.

Maradona
01-26-2014, 12:54 AM
Did an hour of leg and back exercises, followed by an hour of kenpo x, followed by a trip to visit my mother and do some grocery shopping, followed by some time working on my storage unit, followed by forty three minutes of cardio x, and culminated with a walk over to and then back from Dodger Stadium to watch the Kings lose to the Ducks in the first outdoor NHL hockey game in Los Angeles. Kiss played two sets and there were the usual bevy of tightly clad ladies that visit Dodger stadium. Now for some comic book reading before bed time

Bel-Cam Jos
01-26-2014, 08:14 AM
Hey, at the end of my Saturday Maradona, I watched fans like you watch the Kings/Ducks outdoor game; but my view was on a TV screen. I realized the main difference between indoor and outdoor games isn't the weather so much as NO AT-THE-GLASS FANS. That is as much a part of hockey. If there is a hat trick; sign any fans up who can chuck their cap on the ice from their seats! But seeing the green grass and beach volleyball court was odd.

Prior to that, I attended a celebration of a 100th anniversary of a train depot that a local group is trying to renovate and restore. I stand in the back, if there's not enough seating space, so that my view would be the same; why did Family X have to keep moving around, directly in front of me? :mad: Dropped off recycling (this is that time of the school year where I don't get as much, even with the recent warm spell, since students aren't re-hydrating themselves as much) for just over $4. Home to grade (left some materials in my classroom, so some planning will have to wait until I get them). Got sucked into DVR'd shows and other regular programming, little bit of reading in there, too. Dinner as take-out. In the night, heard weird noises (sounded electronic) in the house; ergo, poor sleep. :( Eh, what're you gonna do?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Recent "rain" yesterday meant lawn sprinklers weren't necessary. Tried a different angle this time: grade earlier in the day, then head out (for things like recycling, where apparently the worker's lunch was later, so we waited about 15 minutes or so for his return; and fruitless shopping [well, I did buy bananas at the grocery store, so it wasn't completely that way :rolleyes: ]). Home for lethargy, mainly involving screens, but a little reading, too.

TeeEye7
02-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Post office. Mended fences (the wooden kind between neighbors thanks to a recent wind storm). Repaired sprinklers. Paid bills. Cursed our broken heater (It's like upper 50s in the house, now). Gathered tax info in order actually work on them next week end. Laundry. Walked the dogs. BBQ'd hamburgers for dinner. Social media-ed. Watched BBT with Mrs. TI7 (Sheldon meets Darth Vader). Tried to find other things worthy of viewing (failed). Went to bed.

TeeEye7
02-04-2014, 03:00 AM
Post office. Mended fences (the wooden kind between neighbors thanks to a recent wind storm). Repaired sprinklers. Paid bills. Cursed our broken heater (It's like upper 50s in the house, now). Gathered tax info in order actually work on them next week end. Laundry. Walked the dogs. BBQ'd hamburgers for dinner. Social media-ed. Watched BBT with Mrs. TI7 (Sheldon meets Darth Vader). Tried to find other things worthy of viewing (failed). Went to bed.

This just in: $460 to fix the heater today. :frus:

Bel-Cam Jos
02-04-2014, 06:58 PM
This just in: $460 to fix the heater today. :frus:Noticed a crack in the skylight a little bit back; no problem when there's no rain. Now that it's getting somewhat wetter, have to check it more frequently. That could get pricey, too. :(

JimJamBonds
02-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Worked out a bit in the morning, rested and relaxed. In the evening I was in a 10k snowshoe race that was on ski trails that had lights. It was two laps, the first lap didn't go very well but I had a much stronger second lap where I went from 6th to 2nd.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Same and different: couldn't sleep, so typed up department meeting minutes and surfed digitally. Recent "rain" once again meant sprinklers weren't needed. Three loads of laundry. Pretty good recycling (almost $9, but this time I didn't wait for the guy to return from his lunch break) haul after stopping at the school to drop off graded work and do some work in the classroom. Drove past a comic store's grand opening event (too many people there). Kept on grading and lesson planning, watched some Olympics coverage or listened to radio. Finished reading a book. All in all, a good day.

JimJamBonds
02-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Another snowshoe race, felt like carp, still I managed to qualify for the US Snowshoe Assoc National Championships (I'll accept donations). That and about 6 hours of driving took up most of my Saturday.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-12-2014, 12:55 AM
Another snowshoe race, felt like carp, still I managed to qualify for the US Snowshoe Assoc National Championships (I'll accept donations). That and about 6 hours of driving took up most of my Saturday.Cool. I just looked that up and it looks like you will be making a trip to Vermont. I'd like to take a trip to that part of the country someday. Maybe fly to Boston and then drive up through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Maybe do a race while I'm there, too. I've never done any snow sports other than running in snow or sledding down a hill. I've never been skiing, snowshoeing or snowboarding, even though I live in a great place to do it.

JimJamBonds
02-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Sorry MSP but I won't be making a trip to Vermont this year, I'm going to Boston to see the Brewers play in April and while I could spring for another trip East I don't think doing two in a month is the best idea.

Oddly enough what you said you'd like to do is exactly the type of plan that I had for myself. As far as never being on snowshoes in short you don't go as fast as you would running but you're working just as hard. I haven't totally figured out the effort to speed thing. Also, if you look for my name in the list of athletes who have qualified I'm not listed under Jim Jam Bonds. :devilish:

Mad Slanted Powers
02-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Oddly enough what you said you'd like to do is exactly the type of plan that I had for myself. As far as never being on snowshoes in short you don't go as fast as you would running but you're working just as hard. I haven't totally figured out the effort to speed thing. Also, if you look for my name in the list of athletes who have qualified I'm not listed under Jim Jam Bonds. :devilish:Probably something similar to the many long trail races we have around here. You can't run like you normally would when you have to run a lot of steep up and down, often single track trails. I haven't done too many of them.

I think I figured out your name a while back from some other race you did, so I was able to find your name on the qualifier list.

JimJamBonds
02-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Snowshoeing is fun, its tough, a good workout, but a good way to be able to get out there so to speak. Since you live in snow country I recommend giving it a whirl (if possible).

I think I figured out your name a while back from some other race you did, so I was able to find your name on the qualifier list.
Really? Well I suppose you could get my age from my birthday thread and you know the state I live in from many posts, so I guess its fairly easy. In case you weren't 100% sure I'm M.C. :satellite:

Mad Slanted Powers
02-14-2014, 06:49 PM
Snowshoeing is fun, its tough, a good workout, but a good way to be able to get out there so to speak. Since you live in snow country I recommend giving it a whirl (if possible).

Really? Well I suppose you could get my age from my birthday thread and you know the state I live in from many posts, so I guess its fairly easy. In case you weren't 100% sure I'm M.C. :satellite:I think you mentioned a time you ran for a race, and I knew the state, so I was able figure it out from there.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Past tense verbs:
- Slept in.
- Ran sprinklers.
- Did crossword.
- Washed few loads of laundry.
- Realized USA/Russia hockey was on live; only saw 3rd period, OT, & SO.
- Walked down to get a haircut.
- Graded my stuff throughout the day.
- Planned coming week's lessons.
- Drove out to get potting soil, replacement mailbox numbers, maps.
- Watched various TV programming.
- Made meatloaf, potatoes, peas as dinner.
- Read some of an interesting author's so-far-uninteresting historical book.

JimJamBonds
02-17-2014, 09:05 PM
For the 3rd Saturday in a row I was in a snowshoe race (a 5k in Milwaukee), when the gun went off I was instantly in second which is where I was for the entire race.

After that I went to REI then hit up Boston Market and then a AWESOME local place for ice cream.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-23-2014, 08:52 AM
First part of the day: quite effective and efficient (watched the USA/Finland hockey game early, laundry, recycling [approaching $200 on the school year], visited a local museum [I'd never been to in all my years living in this area] with a Comics & Pop Art exhibit, graded a fair amount). Latter part of the day: not much, aside from making dinner, then TV and the couch.

JimJamBonds
02-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Worked out, went to a historical trade fair, then a outlet mall (both duds), hit up some good pizza on the way home then the usual...interwebs, laundry, reading.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Was crushing and emptying recyclables (now over $200 for the year, closing in on $2000 for the 10 years I've been doing this for the school :D ) and happened to notice the calendar was still showing February. Flipped it over... to discover the 11:30am taxes appointment was really at 9:30; time to move faster. :eek: Negotiated the storm rains to get there. Home to grade, and watch a little TV, then grade some more.

JimJamBonds
03-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Snowshoed where I "performed" a face plant, went to 2-1B's sisters baby shower, did some laundry, interwebbed, read, etc.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Only decided to run front yard sprinklers because a) it's been a week since the heavy rains with no rain in between, and b) to chase away a cat who was sitting below the tree with birds chirping (saw no nest, but certainly heard). Out earlier for recycling (BTW: officially over $2K over 10 years now :thumbsup: ) since I needed to get something from my classroom (but due to SAT taking, Saturday school, a local open invitation track meet, and baseball ALL on the campus at the same time; the only parking was ON the school sidewalks :unsafe?: ) to copy. Then gas, return library book, banking, looking for stuff at stores (couldn't even find the place), lunch, yards to model front yard after, shopping. Home to grade. Out to church (I don't think I'll return to Sat. mass; different group and music there), back home for dinner and continued grading and a little TV. Changed clocks (sigh... :) ) ahead an hour.

And, of course, that's why I'm up earlier on Sunday morning... makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

TeeEye7
03-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Spent most of the day on domestic chores while Mrs. TI7 was at an all-day meeting for Common Core (enter expletive here). Afterwords, we went to our favorite Italian restaurant for a quite birthday dinner.

JimJamBonds
03-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Ran, went to hs basketball game my alma matter was playing in, they won and will be playing at state on Saturday. Other then that, laundry, interwebs, reading etc.

TeeEye7
03-16-2014, 05:13 AM
Delayed by a week but celebrated my birthday with a dinner with family and friends.

I am truly blessed by some awesome people....

Bel-Cam Jos
03-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Was going to have some blood work done, until I realized the lab isn't open Saturdays, so that meant I got to eat breakfast instead of fasting! :D Out to the bank (where there were some issues :mad: ), recycling (over $12 this time :greedy: ), library (spring break means reading :thumbsup: ). Cleared and cleaned out a storage container cabinet. Rest of the day was watching teams I support lose (Penguins, Ohio St., Pitt :( ) and other cable shows, with some reading here and there.

JimJamBonds
03-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Had a quick workout in the pool running then headed down to Milwaukee to distribute flyers for the marathon that I'm a part of and to find a pair of racing flats for the marathon that I'm doing in May.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Tried to sleep in, and despite uneven sleep, succeeded for the most part. Main thing done was reading, watching some NCAA tourney games, couple laundry loads. Never left the house/yard.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-23-2014, 12:29 PM
I don't think I left the house either other than grabbing the newspaper off the porch. Upgraded my computer to OS X Mavericks. Had to back up my computer first, so altogether it took a while.

JimJamBonds
03-23-2014, 09:33 PM
The high school I coach at had their/our first track meet of the season. After that I hit Planet Fitness for a quick spin on a bike to loosen up my legs from Friday's 20 mile run. After that I went out to eat with my family for my sisters birthday, when I got home I watched the last 30 seconds of the Badgers basketball game, I read, I interwebed then I went to bed.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-30-2014, 09:17 AM
A former co-worker at the school had stopped by this week and gave me four bags of plastic bottles, :thumbsup: so crushing them to fit into my trunk with the other recyclables took a little time. Picked up a book (started reading it in the evening, though). Graded the had-to-do work throughout the day. Headed for Costco food and stuff; had lunch there, too. Dug a hole to plant some, well, plants, in the front yard (I think that shovel's on its last days). Watched U of A get most of the bad calls vs. U of W in the NCAA tourney, then get stung themselves on an either-way pushoff call; only to get ANOTHER call go their way on an out-of-bounds touch, but still lost. Planned this coming week's lessons (minus a class that I'm not sure how far they got on their essay; so that one's just Monday's plan right now).

Mad Slanted Powers
03-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Ran a 5K road race in the morning. Not a lot of competition, so I was able to get 3rd overall (2nd male, 1st in the 40-44 age group) with a time of 20:01. The 15K and 30K races at this event usually have a bit stronger fields. I was hoping to break 20:00, but wasn't sure if I could. I had been dealing with some aches and pains, and am not in top shape yet. Also, it was pretty windy. The wind was not too bad while running into it for the first 1K+, and it was quite helpful when it was at my back from there up to about 3.5K. The last 1.5K was into a pretty strong headwind for most of it, and also had a short steep hill near the end. So, I was happy with the time given the conditions and how I felt.

Later, my girlfriend and I went to lunch at Old Country Buffet, and then watched Frozen.

JimJamBonds
03-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Like MSP I also ran a race except mine was a half marathon. I planned to go out a bit faster then marathon pace 7:00 but a 6:35 first mile felt good so I kept going hard but not where I was straining. I ended up 8th over all in 1:27:02 (like MSP's race it wasn't that large or competitive). It was a good rust buster and I'm feeling really confident for the marathon I'm doing in 5 weeks.

After that I hit up Qdoba's, then went to a local fundraiser/Brewers party/get together, give it my all in Wisconsin trivia but wasn't good enough to advance to the finals. Then watched the Badger/Arizona game with some friends.

JimJamBonds
04-07-2014, 10:10 PM
I was on vacation in Boston! I ran about 7.5 miles in East Boston (the hotel was near the airport). After that I did some sightseeing: USS Constitution, Breed's Hill, Old North Church etc. Then we went to the Brewer/Red Sox game (Fenway was AWESOME!), we left after the top of the 9th to watch the end of the Badger/Kentucky game....I wish Wisconsin would've won and Milwaukee would've lost. After that...not much, went back to the hotel more or less right away because we had an early flight back to Chicago...and a 3 hour drive home from there.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Had a productive day: dropped off recycling (over $10), did some banking, bought a few books (B&N educator week discount), stopped by a local Earth Day event (not as good as the previous week's event elsewhere), went to Costco, home to finish my grading.

DarthQuack
04-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Spent mine working OT. And Sunday as well. :(

TeeEye7
04-15-2014, 03:06 AM
Spent mine working OT. And Sunday as well. :(

For me OT = :greedy::greedy::greedy:!!

The glass is half full DQ! Not half empty!

DarthQuack
04-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Today is Day 9 out of hopefully 12 at this point so I can rack up the OT!

JimJamBonds
04-15-2014, 07:40 PM
Worked out, napped, went out to eat with the family for my nieces birthday.