PDA

View Full Version : How did you spend your Saturday?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Qui-Long Gone
01-31-2009, 06:25 PM
I love and hate Saturdays. Hate: I tend to think of it like the etch-e-sketch of the seven day week: "Well, I didn't finish such and such this week, so I'll get to it on Saturday." Love: I tend to also think of it like the get-out-of-jail-free card of the seven day week: "Well, I didn't finish such and such this week and I don't plan to get to it on Saturday either, suck it Monday through Friday!"

How do you spend your Saturdays?

Today I wasted my day watching movies on Netflix....I meant to work on my roof....

bigbarada
01-31-2009, 07:06 PM
I drove down to Shelbyville this morning and got to ride a snowmobile for the very first time. Hung out with some buddies down there and then headed back to Hillsboro for a UFC party tonight at a neighbors' house (it's the big GSP vs. BJ Penn fight).

I did get a chance to stop at a couple of Wal-Marts today on my drive and picked up the Thrawn/Talon Karrde comic pack and a Resolute Cobra Commander.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Volunteered as an interview judge for the local Academic Decathlon this morning, did a bit of shopping this afternoon, and have done very little that I should have after that. Am looking forward to tomorrow's Big Game* thought.

* no licensing or copyright laws were broken in the typing of this post

Jargo
01-31-2009, 09:43 PM
sleeping and surfing the net. alternately. pretty much what I do every saturday. well, every day really. eat, drink tea, drop the kids and their classmates off at the pool.....

occasionally I watch a movie. tonight it was the made for tv pilot of the new Knightrider.

oh and i managed to get a shave this saturday. took a half inch of growth off with a disposable blade. just one tiny nick in the skin this time. luckily my blood has an amazingly fast clotting time. my immune system is rockin!

Darth Jax
01-31-2009, 09:47 PM
watched the MASS device dvd since i opened up all 5 packs to construct my own MASS device.

and did some laundry and the dishes and posted a bit on SSG. and most importantly took a big long nap in the middle of the day.

figrin bran
01-31-2009, 10:10 PM
I was at Disneyland today! (Disney's California Adventure, technically)

bobafrett
01-31-2009, 10:13 PM
I worked at Wal-Mart today. As an assembler, I built a few bikes, fixed a couple of endcaps, then built 6 office chairs, and chatted with a fellow assembler, seeing as today was my last day for possibly a month.

After work, I shopped for Valentines stuff for my wife, got me a pair of jeans, but we were sold out of the ink cartridges I needed for my printer. I have to print up plane tickets, and a to do list for my son while I am away.

Next I stopped and got my haircut, and beard trimmed. Afterwards, I drove to Staples in nearby Addison, only to find out they had no ink cartridges for my printer either, and they were closing/moving after the store closed this evening.

Next, I called up my son, and asked him if he wanted to go to dinner with me. My wife was working, so just my son and I went out for a beef at Portillos, they have the best beef ever. y son suggested a portillos right across the street from another Wal-Mart close to our house. After dinner, we ran to the Wal-Mart only to find they also had no ink cartridges for my printer. We were just a block away from an office depot, so I went there seeeking my ink cartridges, they had a limited selection of dell cartridges, and I found what I thought were the ones I needed, however when I returned home, I found that they were not, so I returned them unopened, and I was on my way.

I called a Wal-Mart in Addison, which told me they only had black ink, no color. I decided I would try another staples a town or so further down the road. As I was driving I found a different Wal-Mart, stopped, and found the cartrdges I was looking for. I also stopped at a Target after one of the regular collectors told me he got 2 of the BMF's for under $30 each. I didn't find not one. I got home shortly before 9 pm, and I still have a lot to get done before my flight tomorrow.

sith_killer_99
01-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Let's see...

1. Washed the car.
2. Stopped by the bank and activated my new debit card.
3. Stopped by the auto parts store and bought power steering fluid, belt dressing, and a K&N filter cleaning/reconditioning kit.
4. Stopped by the military clothing and sales store to buy new work gloves and sunglasses.
5. Stopped by my new office and spent a couple of hours working on getting it set up.
6. Went home, cleaned/reconditioned my air filter, added power steering fluid, and sprayed down my new belts.
7. Went to Wal-Mart with my wife and daughter to buy a new Disney Princess bike for my daughter's birthday, along with all the gear. Picked up Hulk Vs. on blu-ray.
8. Went to Subway for dinner.
9. Watching Hulk Vs. on blu-ray and posting on SSG.

Tomorrow.....SUPERBOWL baby!!!:thumbsup:

Slicker
01-31-2009, 11:55 PM
I made a few trips from base to my apartment buying stuff so I can actually live there. I've still got a long way to go but I made a decent dent in it.

Darth Jax
01-31-2009, 11:59 PM
I made a few trips from base to my apartment buying stuff so I can actually live there. I've still got a long way to go but I made a decent dent in it.

that's your saturday, but is it closer to friday or sunday for us?

TeeEye7
02-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Normally, I sleep until early afternoon. That's because I work nights. I go in on Friday night and my shift ends on Saturday morning at 7AM. Then, I try to convert back to a "day" existence but shorting myself on sleep to be with the family who has a "normal" schedule. That way we spend time together for the rest of the weekend. I'm pretty a zombie for the rest of the day (Saturday) since I short myself of sleep. Sunday things are much better. As for the rest of Saturday, I just go with the flow since the family has made plans while I slept.

Blue2th
02-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Finally did some laundry. Couldn't get it all done, so I did all the blacks first.
Deposited some cash in the bank.
Watched the latest BSG episode on the web.
Put on some freshly washed black clothes and played a gig at a club.
Posted some on SSG, now I'm going to crash, and probably wake up with a tiny hangover from drinking the free micro-brew I drank.

No I didn't meet a sweet thang to take home, but I had fun anyways...well it's Sunday now.

Lord Malakite
02-01-2009, 04:59 AM
12AM-6AM: After having been up all day Friday (from about 8AM) I continue to stay up all Friday night/Saturday morning watching random movies/infomercials on TV so I won't miss Power Rangers at 6AM (I have no Alarm Clock, and even if I did I have no place put it as I have no bedroom).
6AM-7AM: Watched two episodes of Power Rangers. Technically today I had no direct reason to watch these episodes per say. They were "repeats" and I did tape them the first time they aired on ABC. Main reason I watched the repeats was to see if my local ABC affiliate was still having problems (the past two weeks they cut off the tail end of the second episode due to running over 7AM). I wanted to assess if I should be concerned when the new season starts up in March. No problem this week with the early cut off, so I'm hoping the problem was just due to the fact that both previous weeks aired the "season finale" (which was probably just a tad longer to tie up the loose ends of that season).
7AM-12PM: Watched the "CW4kids block" for some other shows I follow on Saturday (Spectacular Spider-Man, TMNT: Back to the Sewers, Kamen Rider Dragon Knight).
12PM-11PM: Slept in a series of micro naps (occasionally waking to answer the phone, get the mail, feed the cat, food, bathroom, etc.)
11PM-12AM: Waited (flipping through TV channels) until I could get on the PC so I could surf the net.

LTBasker
02-01-2009, 06:00 AM
-Couldn't sleep
-Played Day of Defeat for a few hours
-Slept in the afternoon for a few hours to make up for previous lack of sleep
-Helped my Mom and Stepdad move stuff from the garage to the storage unit
-Went to Target and Wal-Mart then we picked up dinner
-Ate said dinner
-Got online and chatted to my flock of fascinating friends for a few hours
-Watched the third episode of Wolverine and the X-Men
-Now I'm going to bed

Kidhuman
02-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Played SW Lego, went to the store, bought toys, slept and watched TV.

DarthQuack
02-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Woke up at 3:35am, showered, dressed, got to work a little after 4. Worked until noon, no break, rather leave the hour earlier. Got home, popped in some Smallville, started to drift a sleep so I paused it. Woke up an hour later and resumed the episode. Surfed the net a little bit, cleaned up the apartment for company coming today. Had some leftover pasta for dinner, watched a couple more episodes of Smallville, went to be around 9:20.

sith_killer_99
02-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
Then I washed my face and combed my hair
And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothing short a' dying
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleeping city sidewalk
And Sunday morning coming down.:cry:

Oh wait, today is SUPERBOWL Sunday! YEAH!!!!:D

Ji'dai
02-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Went to WM but only found three new figures and a comic pack. Disappointed with the clearance sales. Filled up the gas tank and picked up a couple DVDs I had on hold at the library (Dark Knight & Hellboy II).

Then I came home, ate a sandwich made from leftover chicken breast and got online to surf. Then I watched four movies I recorded on the DVR in the last week.

Still a lot of snow on the ground here though primary roads were clear Saturday. Secondary roads are still bad. So I'm pretty much stuck inside and I try to avoid a lot of unnecessary travel.

Snowtrooper
02-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Me, my wife, and daughters went to Grand Island to visit my inlaws and shop. Came up zilch on the latest wave. It kinda sucked cause I was coming down with a cold and was dragging my *** all day.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Interesting thread idea.

Let's see, I'm home this weekend. Yesterday I worked on setting up my Star Wars display (it's an extremely slow-going process). I finally have the ROTJ shelf done, even though I do still need to get wire and tape for the Ewok hang glider and logs to smash into the AT-ST. I talked a while with a friend and got my sister to get us tickets for Modest Mouse, who's coming to my campus later this month. My parents went to the public funeral for a guy who was well-known in the city (not a real close friend, but somebody known by all), but I didn't feel like going. I later watched Citizen Kane with my parents since they wanted to see it and then SNL which wasn't all that amazing this week.

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2009, 03:32 PM
-Got up around 7am
-Watched TMNT: Back to the Sewer
-Got an oil change and inspection for my jeep
-Went to Hot Topic and got some t-shirts
-Got a cd at target
-came home, surfed the net
-took a shower
-went out for a dinner date
-came back, watched a movie
-went to bed

Rocketboy
02-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Worked in the morning.
Later, Cappy and I knocked back a beer (or 16) while playing Guitar Hero World Tour/Rockband 2.

El Chuxter
02-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Didn't waste it online talking about toys.

pbarnard
02-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Got up. Worked out. Showered. Took some pictures of toys in the snow. Went grocery shopping. At my wife's attempt at some Chinese flavored beef that really just ended up taking like normal roast beef. Worked on hollowing out parts of some head casts for customs, washed up and went to bed.

pbarnard
02-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Here's what I did out in the snow.

Since it isn't close to zero, and almost at the freezing mark, it was safe to bring my camera outside before the snow starts to disappear. I took some pictures of somethings.
I imagined Luke and Han at the start of ESB got a briefing from Maj. Derlin on where to place sensor beacons. So I try to depict them setting off a few hours before we see the start of ESB.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/hothpatrol1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/snowchewie.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/majderlin.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/lukepatrol.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/hanpatrol.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/probedroid1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/probedroid2.jpg

Later on, Snow Troopers have to catch up to the main battle group even if they lost their AT-ATs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/hothpatrol2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/hothpatrol3.jpg
I also did some GI Joe work since I have a couple of snow type vehicles. I couldn't find all the parts to the Wolf or the Polar Battle Bear's missiles, but that didn't stop me from using my Stalker and Scarlett customs out for a day with Snow Job.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/GI%20Joe%20Collection/joeskis1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/GI%20Joe%20Collection/joeskis2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/GI%20Joe%20Collection/pbb1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/GI%20Joe%20Collection/joesnow1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/GI%20Joe%20Collection/joesnow2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/GI%20Joe%20Collection/wolf1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/GI%20Joe%20Collection/wolf2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/GI%20Joe%20Collection/wolf3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/GI%20Joe%20Collection/wolf4.jpg
Pat attention to the tracks behind everyone. I wanted to make the appearance that things were moving. Just didn't want to plop it in the snow and have no effects.

Qui-Long Gone
02-03-2009, 02:36 PM
If you lived out here you would be able to take Tatooine photos......

DarthQuack
02-03-2009, 03:06 PM
That probot looks like it's really on the move, nice :)

pbarnard
02-03-2009, 04:14 PM
If you lived out here you would be able to take Tatooine photos......

Oh, I would try that if I could. Maybe some savanah styled stuff. I'll try in the spring/summer to incorporate the trees and hopefully avoid the construction on one side, the building on the other.

That probot looks like it's really on the move, nice :)

I tried. Now if I had or learned photoshop.

Jargo
02-06-2009, 02:50 PM
tomorrow I mostly be wearing my duvet (that's comforter to you) and an expression of sleep will be upon my face. I intend to dream about Aardvarks and Ocelots and cake.

Blue2th
02-06-2009, 03:28 PM
tomorrow I mostly be wearing my duvet (that's comforter to you) and an expression of sleep will be upon my face. I intend to dream about Aardvarks and Ocelots and cake.

Watch out for the instant hole!

..well that might actually be a good thing. lol

Jargo
02-06-2009, 04:04 PM
yeah gotta have somewhere to kick the Ocelot poop into.

Blue2th
02-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Hmm..I need one of those for my sister's dog.
The poopy patrol would be much nicer with instant hole.

DarthQuack
02-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Woke up at 345.
Work 4a-1p.
OT doing camera work for college hoops 2 til 10-11ish
Sleep
Wake back up at 345.
Oh the life I lead.

Jargo
02-07-2009, 09:12 AM
damn. I'm awake. and up. plans ruined. RUINED!!!!

today I will be cutting my hair. uploading pics to facebook. tidying my room. and finishing off the evening with my very close friend as he subjects me to a viewing of Underworld. which is more active than I'm used to on a saturday.

bobafrett
02-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I spent last Saturday packing for my trip to San Diego. This Saturday has just begun, so I'm not sure how I'll be spending it. Most likely just resting after the surgery, staying in at the hotel. Rather nice hotel if you ask me.

TeeEye7
02-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I spent last Saturday packing for my trip to San Diego. This Saturday has just begun, so I'm not sure how I'll be spending it. Most likely just resting after the surgery, staying in at the hotel. Rather nice hotel if you ask me.

I've never had a bad Saturday in San Diego.

pbarnard
02-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Answering emails and private messages because I made some one cry on another site. In between that I've been playing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on Wii.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I've never had a bad Saturday in San Diego.I've actually gone to SD when I've felt bad and gotten better. :thumbsup:

Yesterday: awakened after my first slept-in night in ages. Watched the rerun of CW cartoon (good episode), finished my had-to-complete grading, organized my tax documents for such a later activity, cleaned a couple rooms (including some SW lists for items bought over the last month), watched far too much TV, ate lunch and dinner in between, went to bed. Notice no showering :eek: there. I shall do so today (in a few minutes from now, in fact).

Ji'dai
02-08-2009, 12:40 PM
I watched movies practically all day long. It was tempting to go outside and do something with the warmer temps and all, but the ground is so squishy and muddy from all the snow melt. Good to see all the snow gone though.

TeeEye7
02-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Took care of my cranky, bronchitis-wracked wife (still doing same today). She's been off work this past week convalescing. Even though weak as a kitten, she's breathing flames at everyone because of her illness.

You always hurt the one you love. :hurt::love:. The trick is not to take it personally! :yes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Yesterday consisted mainly of studying for an upcoming test, seeing a friend for a while (the "VINCE, NO!!!" guy), talking with others on Skype for way too long, and generally just dickin' around. I need to study more today.

Blue2th
02-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Just skragged the day away. Watched a couple of movies.

bobafrett
02-08-2009, 07:34 PM
We never left the hotel. I did speak with Josh, and my son, who seemed distracted by video games. Had a dinner of lean pockets, peas, and bananas cut up and mixed in yogurt.

Tycho
02-08-2009, 08:05 PM
I got a new in-home nurse to take care of me and she looks like Summer Glau from Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. She just gave me her number and made plans to go with me to Comic Con next summer! Seriously. :love:

Barry, you'll meet Michelle tomorrow. :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
02-08-2009, 10:58 PM
I got a new in-home nurse to take care of me and she looks like Summer Glau from Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Keep that digital camera handy for us, Josh! :lipsrsealed:

figrin bran
02-08-2009, 11:17 PM
I stopped by my local Target and then went to Six Flags Magic Mountain for about 4 hours (I'm a passholder) then on the way back home saw hailstones rain upon the car.

UKWildcat
02-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Yesterday consisted mainly of studying for an upcoming test, seeing a friend for a while (the "VINCE, NO!!!" guy), talking with others on Skype for way too long, and generally just dickin' around. I need to study more today.

What does "dickin' around" consist of? Getting it excited and hula hooping? or turning in circles?

Because it exceeded 60 degrees and was beautiful out, I washed, waxed and detailed my car. :thumbsup:

Ando
02-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Saw Underworld 3 with my friend Chris while our wives went to see He's Just Not That Into You.

I also went down to a local independent toy store that's closing and picked up an AT-TE for $55.00 (Brother in Law's 30th b-day gift), and 13 clones and 2 Titanium Gunships all for $122.50.

Darth Jax
02-09-2009, 07:34 PM
went hiking, took a nap and followed that up with a couple of movies.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Even though weak as a kitten, she's breathing flames at everyone because of her illness.

You always hurt the one you love. :hurt::love:. The trick is not to take it personally! :yes:I'd have that gastro-inflamma checked out, too. Fire from the insides can be dangerous! ;)

Qui-Long Gone
02-09-2009, 10:43 PM
We had a birthday party for my daughter and her friends at the Clay Cafe on Saturday....there's nothing quite like trying to keep 5 six-year olds busy with paint and away from racks of clay plates! Sigh....

TeeEye7
02-09-2009, 10:47 PM
I'd have that gastro-inflamma checked out, too. Fire from the insides can be dangerous! ;)

Now you tell me!

obi-dad
02-10-2009, 02:16 PM
I saw Underworld, Coraline, He's Just Not That Into You, & New In Town with some friends. Didn't do much the rest of the day.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2009, 01:40 AM
How did this thread die already? I guess nobody does anything on Saturdays anymore.

Last Saturday I know I saw Fanboys with a friend and it was really good. Yesterday I went to Dave & Buster's with my dad; he got a bunch of power cards a few months ago when he went there for some business thing and nobody wanted theirs, so we've been going every now and then and winning a crapload of tickets. Later in the night I went to the Modest Mouse concert on campus with a few friends. One opening band was crappy and the other was good, but both played for entirely too long. The sound system was pretty terrible (it was muffled and there was a lot of feedback) and my hearing is still not back to 100% a day later. Modest Mouse played a lot of stuff from their earlier albums, which I don't have, but there was still a lot of great stuff from the CDs that I do have. Ironically, some douchebags started moshing and bumping into people and angering everyone during Float On, of all songs. Overall, though, it was quite fun.

TeeEye7
03-02-2009, 02:41 AM
I spent several attempts trying to call in at MabuCon on Saturday night but to no avail! :sad: All I got was JediElf's voice on the answer machine each time I tried. Other SSGers were busy checking in and talking to mabs, RB, jjr, Slick, and Cappy! :thumbsup:

However, Sunday morning I called again and mabs picked up the phone and knew it was me by my accent! :crazed:

bobafrett
03-02-2009, 07:25 AM
I started the day, Saturday the 28th, argueing with my wife, tried to get my son his drivers license, balanced my checkbook, took a nap, wrote a letter to include with my ssons birthday card, lounged on the sofa, showered, took my son and family out to dinner at Red Robin, came home, sang Happy Birthday to my son, was to full to eat any more, watched T.V. with my wife, was getting up to get ready for bed when the phone rang, it was Slicker, then talked to Rocketboy, then Captian Solo, then my phone died. Brushed my teeth and went to bed.

pbarnard
03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Started the day by working out. Still feeling the effects from the eye infection, so my balance was off and nearly fell off the elipical machine. Showered, went grocery shopping, came home to my wife puking all over because she's so upset that her period started and she's not pregnant. Puking was over in about 2 hours. Had lunch Cleaned up and mopped a lot that afternoon. Made her congee for dinner, made myself chicken and brocooli. Slept early that day.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-02-2009, 08:42 PM
I mentioned what I did in other places here; sorry for unintentionally dissin' this thread'n. I went to a follow-up dermatology appointment for some removed stuff, then took the winding way home and reinvested in a couple communities (books, 3 SW figs, card packs, etc.). Did some grading, watched junk on TV, went to bed.

p.s. Forgot to mention, this coming Saturday, I intend to participate in our school's 3rd annual Dodgeball tournament for the first time as a member of the staff team. We teachers will:
A) be battered mercilessly, and lose face (literally and figuratively)
B) surprise the punk kids and whoop 'em good
C) be uninspired, possibly even quit during the game
D) have everyone pull various muscles and joints prior to the match and have to forfeit
E) all or none of the above

DarthQuack
03-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Yea...I wanna hear about the Mabucon Saturday....a full report!

Darth Jax
03-02-2009, 10:00 PM
i did landscaping (ie. moving rocks/concrete & digging) at work for several hours. followed by even more hours of moving rocks on sunday.

BCJ - D definitely is involved in the answer somehow

Bel-Cam Jos
03-03-2009, 08:26 AM
BCJ - D definitely is involved in the answer somehowTo quote Queen Amidala, "I hope not."

Blue2th
03-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Inside. It's allergy season, and like clockwork spring and every other organism is in the air. (where's the sneezy smilie?)

Ji'dai
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
I didn't do anything. It was much too cold to do anything outside. So I cleaned and organized a little bit. Bagged all of my loose 25th Joes and put them into totes, which was hard, 'cause I like looking at them. But I need to clear a shelf for the new SW Legacy figures I bought.

Then I watched some movies and ended up getting a pizza from Papa Johns. I've been buying Tostitos "medium" nacho cheese at WM, which makes a great dip for breadsticks and pizza crust.

JimJamBonds
03-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Well Saturday started with me at the bar I work at as a bouncer. I got to bed around 4, I was up at 8ish and then worked from 10ish - 5ish. On the way home I grabbed a Shamrock shake, relaxed for about a half hour, met some friends out and at 10 I was back working at the bar where I bounce. All in all it was a lonnnnnnng day.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Well, our "teacher" team for dodgeball had 3 teachers, one counselor, and an asst. principal (later, another teacher joined us for our second game). Yes, we lost, but not poorly. I caught two opponents out, but hit no one (came close twice). I was out on a cheapo hip graze (was legit, though) and a fumbled catch attempt. There was quite a bit of "cheating" by the student (and what I mean by "cheating" is that rules were blantantly broken or ignored :sleeping: ) teams, and less-than acceptible language considering the number of younger brothers and sisters in attendance. But here's why we won:

NONE OF US WAS HURT AT ALL. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :pleased:

And we plan on recruiting teachers for next year. Our working team name (which is much better than "The Teacher Team" this year :rolleyes: ) is: The Mandated Reporters (my suggestion; teachers understand what that means, but there's a subtlety in that it's actually we who are being abused :D ).

Darth Jax
03-07-2009, 11:41 PM
i spent my saturday listening to continuing ed lectures. glad i had a book with me, nearly finished with book 2 of coruscant nights.

Lord Malakite
03-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Today I caught the first two episodes of RPM, the 17th (and final) season of Power Rangers. Also caught the newest episode of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. Seems like a lot of the television shows that I currently watch have either already ended this season or are about to end this/next season.

Just ended or are (more or less) confirmed to end after this Season

Boston Legal
Stargate Atlantis
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003 series)
Power Rangers
Prison Break
ER

Confirmed (more or less) to end after next Season

LOST

Potentially on the chopping block following this Season

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Kamen Rider

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-08-2009, 12:57 AM
We were planning to have a second installment of Macathon tonight, but one of my friends (who is pretty central to it all) had some kind of family thing come up so we had to push it back. Instead, I saw Watchmen with two friends, which was pretty good but not great. Throughout the day (as with right now), I've been trying to do homework, and I have quite a bit to do tomorrow. I came home pretty early in the day since my roommates were driving me up the wall and also so I could have the car for the movie, so there's that. Whenever I do come home I get sidetracked and get little to no progress done on my Star Wars display room, so hopefully I can make time for that tomorrow.

Blue2th
03-08-2009, 11:41 AM
It was windy on Saturday, I'm allergic to pine and juniper pollen, so once again I had to stay in. Took some Claritin, but it only helped a bit.

Watched last weeks Clone Wars and Battlestar Galactica on the web. :neutral:

Tycho
03-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I played the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga video game for over 4 hours!

It's so addictive!

bobafrett
03-09-2009, 06:36 AM
I spent most of mine searching and gathering paperwork to send to Florida since they ripped me off of over $1,000.00 for what they say is back child support.

obi-dad
03-09-2009, 08:54 AM
I saw "The Wrestler", "The Reader", the shopaholic movie & "Watchmen"

after how depressing the first 2 movies were, it was nice to see a light one, even if it was a chick flick.

TeeEye7
03-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I spent most of mine searching and gathering paperwork to send to Florida since they ripped me off of over $1,000.00 for what they say is back child support.

It will work out. Believe it or not, you have media connections now that could work in your favor to resolve this problem in short order if you were to approach them. I don't think Florida and Illinois would like the bad press of their screw-ups! Just a thought, frett.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Intended to just watch college hoops and grade student work at home, maybe not even shower. Ended up helping my mom find a cart she was looking for (technically, it was a "small platform truck" ), and I bought some classroom school supplies. Watched the local library telethon and phoned in a pledge (I actually do a bit of things for and around the library throughout the year). Did catch some games (go Buckeyes tomorrow! ) and grade the bare minimum of what HAD to be finished. Finished reading a book, too.

Slicker
03-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Didn't do too much really. I washed my truck and then tonight I went and saw Friday the 13th. Pretty good flick and it had boobies. Nice ones too...

Tycho
03-15-2009, 12:50 AM
I slept most of the day as I had spent all of yesterday in a follow-up treatment in the hospital which was really irritating and actually torturous.

So then today I stayed home and watched Hannibal Rising and really liked it. I think I'm going to put in Red Dragon next.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2009, 02:04 AM
Today was going to be like about just about every other Saturday. I was going to do my usual shopping looking for Star Wars items. Then I would go visit my dad in the rest home. Today we had a dinner planned at my sister's house. Last Monday was my mom's birthday, so we were sort of celebrating that, and there are some other March birthdays as well. There was corned beef, so I suppose it was also a St. Patricks dinner to or something.

The dinner ended up being a more somber occasion as my dad passed away at 5:45 this morning. I woke up just after 7 and went back to sleep until my mom called me with the news just before 8.

So, today I am :cry: Sad Slanted Powers, though I guess to make an anagram it is Sad Planted Mowers. The silver lining is that he isn't suffering anymore, and my mom won't have to spend her days tending to him as he continues to decline.

So, everything's perfectly all right now. I'm fine. I'm all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

bobafrett
03-15-2009, 06:23 AM
I went to a St. Baldrick's party. You raise money and get your head shaved for Children's cancer research.

DarthQuack
03-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Worked 4:30a-1:30p.....watched hoops all day, then enjoyed my first full viewing of my first Blu-Ray purchase, Total Recall. I really enjoy this movie at alot, haven't had a full viewing of it in a long time. :thumbsup:

Darth Jax
03-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Had to work most of the day - and it was really busy. Didn't even have time to stop and get lunch.

Afterwards watched some competitive softball (i was the chauffeur for 2 of the girls). Got home fairly late, finally getting some food. Watched a couple of episodes of My Name is Earl while enjoying some adult beverages and went to bed.

JimJamBonds
03-15-2009, 12:11 PM
I spent the first 2.5 hours of Saturday working at the bar I... well work at! Then I woke up and went to my 'real job.' Then home, tv, bed.

TeeEye7
03-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Taking care of my wife who has been off work all week with an illness and washing dishes. Our Kitchen Aid bellied-up this week! :mad: Only six years old and the electronics panel is toast (and out of warranty, of course).

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Got up at 6:30 so I could get ready and be at the school by 8 to administer the SAT. Finally got out around 1pm then came home and watched the Carolina basketball game.

After that I spent about 3 hours of playing Lego Star Wars. Then headed out to the girlfriend's house.

Tycho
03-15-2009, 02:57 PM
The dinner ended up being a more somber occasion as my dad passed away at 5:45 this morning. I woke up just after 7 and went back to sleep until my mom called me with the news just before 8.

So, today I am :cry: Sad Slanted Powers, though I guess to make an anagram it is Sad Planted Mowers. The silver lining is that he isn't suffering anymore, and my mom won't have to spend her days tending to him as he continues to decline.

So, everything's perfectly all right now. I'm fine. I'm all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I'm truly sorry for your loss MSP. There are a few of us here on SSG who have lost one or both parents. It's not an easy thing. There aren't any words I can offer really, even having been through it twice myself - and just last November with my Grandmother as well.

I know what you mean: your dad isn't suffering any more and for that I'd be thankful if it were me, too.

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2009, 04:26 PM
I am sorry to hear about your loss, MSP. Like Tycho said, there really aren't any words that can bring you total comfort, but you and your family are in my thoughts all the same.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks. I'm doing okay unless I start thinking about it too much. The funeral will probably make me emotional. I'm like my dad though, in that I don't show my emotions too much. It helps that we had about nine months to prepare for this. He was diagnosed with the lung cancer in late May or early June, and he's been in a hospital or rest home since July when the dementia took over.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Sorry to hear that, MSP.

Yesterday afternoon, I played drums while a friend of mine (who I hadn't seen in a while) played guitar. He and I and two other guys are looking to start a band in the fall, so we figured we might as well practice/jam a little. He was pretty good, but would often get out of time. I'm sure it'll get better as we go on. Oh, and I also watched the final Futurama DVD, which was good, but not great like I hoped. I also watched SNL, which was pretty funny as Tracy Morgan is awesome.

JEDIpartner
03-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks. I'm doing okay unless I start thinking about it too much. The funeral will probably make me emotional. I'm like my dad though, in that I don't show my emotions too much. It helps that we had about nine months to prepare for this. He was diagnosed with the lung cancer in late May or early June, and he's been in a hospital or rest home since July when the dementia took over.

*hug*

I condole you... :cry:

I went to see "Spring Awakening".

bobafrett
03-15-2009, 09:48 PM
I've lost my mother and Step mom. I know it isn't an easy thing to get through, and I still cry sometimes when I think of the good times I had with both of my moms. You just have to take it day by day. My condolences to you. :(

mtriv73
03-16-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your Dad MSP.

Jargo
03-21-2009, 05:50 PM
looking after my partner who just had an operation to fit a feeding tube direct to his stomach.
And spending time with my dog Ramsey. who is a lot more lively now than he was he first came home. his coat has been well groomed, his skin looks better, it looks like he's beginning to lose some of excess weight and remembering how to be a normal dog.

sith_killer_99
03-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Well, I spent most of my Saturday in a state of depression, sleeping in until nearly 4:00 p.m.

No I am not depressed about the state of politics, or any of that other stuff....that junk just makes me mad...not depressed.

Anyway, things just aren't going as I had hoped this week, and it's going to take some time before my head is straight again.:(

bobafrett
03-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Went for a walk with my wife up to the store, then stopped and got my hair cut, then we decided to go eat, watched some college hoops, then went out for another walk. Then her 16 year old daughter stooped by, we went to see "I love you, man" and then we came home. Still have about another 5 1/2 hours before bedtime.

Tycho
03-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Jargo, I'm sorry you have such serious issues to deal with right now. I think you're a great guy for trying to help the people that matter most to you in your life (I'm counting the dog as a person / family member too because I have pets and they ARE my family members). I hope things start going really good if that is possible.

Sith_Killer, it sucks that you are also depressed. However, I can't resist ribbing you (in hopes that you'll smile) when I suggest that what you need is a stimulus plan :D But anyway, get better soon!

BobaFrett, it sounds like you had a good day for the rest of us who couldn't. You deserve many of those for sure!

Today, while I mean to get out a little and maybe go and meet a new girl who could be in my life, I (either made the excuse) or thought about it and decided that what I really wanted to do was stay in and watch the movies I rented which are due back on Monday. I saw "Pride and Glory" and it was really good. I am glad I watched it. I also figured out (somewhat) how to play the new 2009 Major League Baseball Game (2K9) on the Wii and enjoyed 3 innings being San Diego against the Colorado Rockies. Jake Peavey was pitching for my team, but I'm just getting used to the controls: I (as Jake) allowed 5 runs (2 were homers, one of which was a grand slam) and I only had 2 hits and no RBIs. So as I get used to things with this game, I expect it will go better, but I quit at the top of the 4th inning. I'll practice some more later. However, I highly recommend the game and will probably buy it, along with Lego Indiana Jones, and Tiger Woods' Golf - the other two I've been playing.

In any event, I figure on emerging from my home when I have nothing to do to entertain myself here. Right now that's not the case. It's a little anti-social but I had a buddy of mine over last night to watch Terminator:TSCC with and then "Breaking Bad" on DVD. That was all fun. Honestly, I don't see how exactly a new girl fits into the picture (for today anyway) because I'm only going to do what I want to do anyway - and I don't feel too kindly for patronizing "chic interests" today. I'd rather bat some balls and kill things. Hey: everybody's got to have hobbies.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Reinvesting in several local communities, by providing them with tax revenue. Consuming cooked foods, both at and outside my home. Viewing distant athletic contests played inside buildings with lined wood floors, and watching my bracketed predictions of said contests fade into innacuracy. Sleep.

Qui-Long Gone
03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Worked on my house all weekend....thank God Spring Break is over so I can get a break....:laugh:

Ji'dai
03-24-2009, 05:20 PM
I didn't do anything, come to think of it. Last Saturday I took my sister-in-law shopping out of town so I just wanted to spend Saturday doing nothing. Tried sleeping in but only made it to eight am. Ate breakfast (small cup of dry Trail Mix Crunch and a bottle of water) while watching the season finale of Clone Wars I'd recorded the night before.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-04-2009, 08:07 PM
I got paid for meeting at school to discuss a new program. These are called "Buy Back Days" in teacher lingo, but due to budget cuts, they will probably become a thing o' the past for some time. :( Free lunch, though (and a nice spread, thanks! :pleased: ). Turned in some recycling and got almost five bucks; returned a SW book to the library.

Tycho
04-04-2009, 08:16 PM
I slept most of it, but my Wii recorded that I played Lego Indiana Jones for at least 6 hours! :crazed:

I beat Temple of Doom today.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Mowed my lawn for the first time this year.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Two weeks ago, I flew to New York with my mom, then we did stuff with my sister, who lives there.

Last week, my dad and I went to Dave and Busters and finished the last power card, and I also worked on my Star Wars room.

Today, I came home in the early afternoon and worked more on the room, as I'm finally getting a good amount of progress done. My dad and I went to Kmart and Target because of the figure sales, but no real luck there. We just had Mexican food so I'm waiting for my gut to stop feeling so damn huge.

sith_killer_99
04-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Well, I went back to the car dealership and ordered all weather mats and mud guards for my new car. Then took it for a wash.

After that my wife and I ran to the store and bought some basic stuff for the baby...Tuesday should be the day!!!:thumbsup:

TeeEye7
04-04-2009, 11:35 PM
We just had Mexican food so I'm waiting for my gut to stop feeling so damn huge.

Reminds me of the old Spanish saying:

Panza llena; corazón contento. :yes:

Tycho
04-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Mowed my lawn for the first time this year.

Your neighbors must love you. :rolleyes:

(or you usually hire someone to do it for you)

(or you got a brand new lawn)

I hope you found satisfaction in your yard work. I did that for my first jobs when I was too young to get a work permit but I needed to earn lots of money to spend on Star Wars :p

Mad Slanted Powers
04-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Your neighbors must love you. :rolleyes:

(or you usually hire someone to do it for you)

(or you got a brand new lawn)

I hope you found satisfaction in your yard work. I did that for my first jobs when I was too young to get a work permit but I needed to earn lots of money to spend on Star Wars :p

No, it's just that the lawn doesn't need mowing during the winter. I certainly could take better care of it. Mine is one of the bigger lawns in the neighborhood, so that makes it a little harder to keep up with than theirs. It looks good if I keep it mowed. I need to work on the moss and the weeds now.

figrin bran
04-05-2009, 02:07 AM
I was at Six Flags Magic Mountain today and took in 17 rides not to mention taking part in a Guitar Hero World Tour contest. Hopefully my 200,000+ score on Obstacle 1 expert was good enough for some sort of prize! The game was on the Wii which has easier note charts, seemingly, than xbox360 and so I got thrown off in the beginning.

bobafrett
04-05-2009, 07:22 AM
I ended up getting a letter from the Florida Department of Child Support Enforcement basically saying that "their files indicate that my current obligation was closed on February 28th, 2009, due to the emancipation of your child by age. However; our records indicate an arrearage of $1,120.00. As Illinois has the controlling order, you may contact their clerk of the court for an audit of your payment record. If their records differ from ours, the Illinois child support office can provide an updated arrearage statement to our office."

So basically another day spent going and copying records to send to my clerk of circuit court still trying to get my tax refund money back. Arrrrrrgghhhhh!

Slicker
04-05-2009, 08:54 AM
I woke up at like 1 and then made dinner. I then had some company over ( :lipsrsealed: ) so didn't get much sleep. Now it's Sunday and I'm sleepy at work.

TeeEye7
04-05-2009, 11:20 AM
I spent Saturday waiting to hear the news.

My wife and her sister went to a Trace Adkins concert in Rancho Mirage (Palm Springs area) on Friday night. My sister-in-law won a "meet-and-greet" through his fan club, to boot. On Saturday morning, Lucy and Ethyl, er, my wife and her sister then went to the nearby outlet stores.

As I said, I was waiting to hear the news (damage) of the trip when they returned Saturday afternoon. Thankfully, all behaved. They were thrilled to see Mr. Adkins and my bank account is largely in tact. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
04-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Went into town and spent the day at the university library so I could download some software updates using their free Wi-Fi.

Normally I'd just go to the closest public library branch, but they've closed them due to budget shortfalls. The main branch downtown is just too out of the way and too crowded and noisy.

Tycho
04-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Went into town and spent the day at the university library so I could download some software updates using their free Wi-Fi.

Normally I'd just go to the closest public library branch, but they've closed them due to budget shortfalls. The main branch downtown is just too out of the way and too crowded and noisy.

That's happening in San Diego, too (library hours being cut, staff being retired). It really sucks as many people really enjoy libraries. I did hours upon hours of volunteer work for my local library branch.

You can check out movies there, too. It's way free as compared to NetFlix or Block Buster. I think they even have video games.

Anyway, one proposal is for our City to run a for-profit coffee shop operation in public libraries that will supply each branch with more funds. I think that's a great idea, as it will make libraries even more comfortable than Borders' Book Stores and it will really become the "in-thing" for people to hang out at our public libraries. It was always intended to be that way, anyway.

bigbarada
04-05-2009, 04:48 PM
I spent my Saturday filming a bunch of rednecks playing in the mud:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqD6bG6TcZM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WwLkATk9wI
:D

I also got to help fix the bucket on a bulldozer, and filmed the guys busting open a dam so they could drain the pond you see in the video. Overall pretty eventful.

Ji'dai
04-05-2009, 04:57 PM
That's happening in San Diego, too (library hours being cut, staff being retired). It really sucks as many people really enjoy libraries. I did hours upon hours of volunteer work for my local library branch.

You can check out movies there, too. It's way free as compared to NetFlix or Block Buster. I think they even have video games.

Anyway, one proposal is for our City to run a for-profit coffee shop operation in public libraries that will supply each branch with more funds. I think that's a great idea, as it will make libraries even more comfortable than Borders' Book Stores and it will really become the "in-thing" for people to hang out at our public libraries. It was always intended to be that way, anyway.
Putting a coffee shop in the branch is a good idea, though I'm not sure they could raise enough money for the library after meeting the shop's overhead. Maybe they could just rent out space to one of the coffee-shop franchises.

With only two branches remaining open here, I wonder how circulation will be affected. I know I won't be going to the library as much I once did. It was convenient to stop by the small branch on the way home and pick up books or movies I had on hold or check if anything new had come in. I could also get on a computer and use their broadband to surf.

Speaking of high-speed internet, I was hoping that some of the analog airwaves being freed up by the transition to digital TV would be used for providing cheap wireless internet for those of us in the sticks with only dial-up access.

chrisc
04-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I spent my Saturday putting people in jail. I set a record 6 people in 3 hours.

sith_killer_99
04-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Speaking of high-speed internet, I was hoping that some of the analog airwaves being freed up by the transition to digital TV would be used for providing cheap wireless internet for those of us in the sticks with only dial-up access.

That's in the works as part of the stimulus bill that was signed into law. I'm not really sure it has anything to do with the airwaves, but one of the aims is to increase broadband access to rural areas.

Ji'dai
04-06-2009, 02:19 PM
That's in the works as part of the stimulus bill that was signed into law. I'm not really sure it has anything to do with the airwaves, but one of the aims is to increase broadband access to rural areas. That'll be a happy day if and when it comes. The government is setting aside some analog frequencies for emergency services and I've read the FCC has already auctioned off part of the spectrum to the larger com. companies for broadband wireless.

TeeEye7
04-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I spent my Saturday putting people in jail. I set a record 6 people in 3 hours.

Music to my ears! :thumbsup:

Good to see chrisc checking in!

chrisc
04-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Good to see chrisc checking in!

I try.... been realy busy for the past few months

bobafrett
04-07-2009, 07:13 AM
I ended up getting a letter from the Florida Department of Child Support Enforcement basically saying that "their files indicate that my current obligation was closed on February 28th, 2009, due to the emancipation of your child by age. However; our records indicate an arrearage of $1,120.00. As Illinois has the controlling order, you may contact their clerk of the court for an audit of your payment record. If their records differ from ours, the Illinois child support office can provide an updated arrearage statement to our office."

So basically another day spent going and copying records to send to my clerk of circuit court still trying to get my tax refund money back. Arrrrrrgghhhhh!

Well yesterday after I mailed everything above to the clerk of the circuit court at lunch, I got off of work 5 hours later, and found that the Florida Department of Child Support Enforcement sent me a check for the tax money that was taken from me.

Slicker
04-07-2009, 08:14 AM
Awesome, Frett. I'm sure that's quite the relief to see $1,000 in your name.

bobafrett
04-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Awesome, Frett. I'm sure that's quite the relief to see $1,000 in your name.

Yes sir! :D

Slicker
04-08-2009, 04:03 AM
Now go out and buy some toys with it! That's what I'd do...

DarthQuack
04-08-2009, 07:33 AM
You should spend your Saturday planning your playoff beard....

Slicker
04-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Now go out and buy some toys with it! That's what I'd do...I wish to hell that I could grow a beard. Hmmm...I should try and route some paperwork and see if some idiot signs it. If it's got a signature then it's official and I can do it.

bobafrett
04-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Slicker just quoted himself, then replied to DQ's post about a beard!

Tycho
04-08-2009, 12:15 PM
and found that the Florida Department of Child Support Enforcement sent me a check for the tax money that was taken from me.

Great news, Barry! I'm glad this has been resolved for you.

Hmmm...I should try and route some paperwork and see if some idiot signs it. If it's got a signature then it's official and I can do it.

"Dear Hair Club For Men....." ;)

Mad Slanted Powers
04-12-2009, 12:56 AM
I felt awful today so I only left the house to get the mail.

Tycho
04-12-2009, 01:44 AM
Sorry you weren't feeling well MSP.

I didn't really leave the house today either. I was invited to an Easter dinner at my long-time SW collecting buddy's house (his whole family has been very good to me), but I was going in to visit my bathroom so often, I decided to decline.

I left once to visit Toys R Us and see if my store had the Terminator or Star Trek toys - but no such luck.

I'm thinking I might buy the Star Wars Clone Wars 2-packs, but then again, I can get another CW Anakin and Ashoka in that battle pack that's coming out soon, with several new figures included in it, I think.

On MLB 2K9 sports, I (as the San Diego Padres) only lost to the Dodgers 16-2 this time. I'm getting better.:cross-eye

Bel-Cam Jos
04-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I was dressed as Prince Charming for a kids' Spring Fling outdoor meet-and-greet event to show off the local cultural center's programs (along with Cinderella, Mother Goose, and a dragon for a reading program). As soon as I get some pictures sent to me, I'll post 'em (there's one with me and my 2nd Place trophy as an A-Team parade marcher! :soldieroffortune: ). Did sunburn my forehead, as I had no costume hat, and apparently the clouds weren't frequent or thick enough to keep out the rays. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I went to a few stores looking for figures and got a second spacetrooper for $5 but nothing else. I was gonna do more music stuff but the guitar guy broke a string on Friday and won't get a new one until tomorrow, so that fell through. My whole family is here so we did family sort of stuff and then went to dinner at a really good Mexican restaurant along with my sister's boyfriend. We then played Cranium, watched SNL, and that was pretty much it.

mtriv73
04-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Woke up quick at about noon just thought that I had to get to Compton soon...

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Here's me and my winning (from several months ago). I was offered the hot dog seen on the table, but I refused at the time.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-17-2009, 12:14 AM
What was it in which you were victorious?

Tycho
04-17-2009, 01:40 PM
This Saturday (tomorrow) I plan to do NOTHING.

Well, almost. I have some Star Wars in storage that I want to work on organizing.

I'll tell you all how it goes. I will try to make my post as BORING as possible.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2009, 10:30 AM
What was it in which you were victorious?I somehow thought I posted about it here in this thread, but I was... mistaken. Here it is:

While I did not get my own trophy for it, my A-Team group won 2nd place in our city's recent Founders Day parade for Best Interpretation of Theme. Did get a nifty lime green participation ribbon, though! :yes:There are photos there in a later post of the thread, I think. Unless I am Mistaken 2.0 and those are in the "Post a Picture of Yo-say-elf" thread in Misc. :pleased:

DarkArtist
04-18-2009, 10:42 AM
today I will be hopefully packing and moving the last of our stuff from the apartment to the new house (except for the furniture which is next Sunday).

we decided to keep only the furniture, TV and a week's worth of clothes at the apartment for now and move everything else over. we sign the closing papers this Tuesday and then we are officially home owners.

tomorrow I going with my wife to see a weight loss hypnotist with friends and family and working on cleaning up the apartment so that I can hopefully get some of the security deposit back.

Blue2th
04-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Technically it was Saturday. After playing a gig in the nearby Sandia mountains, afterwards, after packing up the equipment at 1:00 AM, I barely got home trying to drive in a blinding snowstorm. I couldn't see a damn thing.
So it was 35 to 45 mph, with my eyes straining to see some kind of outline of the road. Luckily, I had a 4 wheel drive.

Unusual in the middle of April.
I imagine Colorado got it ten fold.

Kidhuman
04-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Working as usual.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Did a bit of shopping (no Star Wars items :( ). Looked up Chewbacca figures in preparation for the next character in the Star Wars Collecting: A Character by Character Study thread. Swept out my garage a bit. Clipped the grass under the fence and along the neighbor's garden. Went for a run, which felt like crap, but did get a little better as the run went on. Only 2.6 miles though.

figrin bran
04-18-2009, 10:30 PM
I had my longest toy hunt of the year - 4 Targets, 2 TRU's, 1 WM plus a stop at the local comic store.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Did you purchase any items?

I went to a school car wash (no organization... students could not find the owner of the car in front of me so I had to back out up an incline into an "in" driveway after they'd started to wash cars next to me, thereby spotting my already-washed-and-dried car), and got gas (for $2.18 :upset: ) elsewhere. Graded a few papers back at home, until I realized Spike TV had all 6 SW films on consecutively. :noworkdone: :pleased:

Tycho
04-19-2009, 01:03 AM
I went to Toys R Us and got the rest of the Terminator figures and found Trek playsets with pack-in figures worthy of purchasing.

I talked summer-movies with the Asst. Mgr. of TRU as he checked out my purchases. I said Terminator would be the best summer movie. A Transformers fan, he said The Fallen would step on John Connor at the box office. He might have a point there, but I countered that Nolan's writing for Christian Bale will top both of Orci and Kurtzman's films (Trek, Transformers) this summer - even though I am a complete fan and collector of all 3 genres.

But step aside Megatron, SkyNet is destined to dominate the world!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
04-19-2009, 01:06 AM
I saw the new Star Trek figures today. Bigger ones I saw at Wal-Mart, smaller ones at Target. If they had smaller ones from the original series I might consider getting them.

figrin bran
04-19-2009, 02:20 AM
BCJ, yes I did indeed purchase some items. However, they are listed over in the hauls thread.

Ji'dai
04-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Went to the university library to use their broadband to chat with HP tech support about finding a driver for my new USB TV tuner but the lib didn't open until noon.

So I went shopping to kill some time.

I didn't find anything I couldn't live without, so I headed back to the lib and had to wait an hour as HP chat support was down, but finally was able to get the driver I needed. So now I can watch and record HDTV on my notebook.

I recorded part of a golf tourniment to test it out and later that night recorded an episode of Star Trek TOS, which happened to be the one where Dr. McCoy was first introduced. One hour episode = nearly 7.68 GB. I'm going to record Simpsons and Family Guy tonight.

Saturday was a great day weather wise. Had I known it was supposed to rain all day today I would've spent Saturday outside rather than sit in a library for the better part of the afternoon.

JimJamBonds
04-19-2009, 12:09 PM
I ran 6 miles, then a local theater had yet another "2 for 1" pricing special so I did then, went out to eat with friends and then went to work at the bar.

DarthQuack
04-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Working of course, no surprise there....4am-1pm......nothing but FUN.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-19-2009, 08:18 PM
I had a busy week at school so I wanted to just spend time at home, which I did. As with the past few weeks, I worked on the SW room; I'm still taking figures down, dusting everything, and putting them back up in scenes, and I'm currently about halfway through ROTS (working from the bottom to the top, having completed the OT shelves). I had meant to apply for summer jobs this weekend but that didn't happen, though I did put in a transfer application to the Denver campus since they have a better filmmaking program than does the Boulder campus. That was on Friday, so I guess that's off-topic. :D

My parents and I went to some steak restaurant and I got fish and chips; the steaks apparently weren't very good at all, so I doubt we'll be going back.

Tycho
04-19-2009, 09:48 PM
I did this today, on a Sunday, so it might not count, but I thought you might find it interesting so I'm posting it anyway. Today I went to a Holocaust Memorial service at the Jewish Community Center. It was interesting and emotional. There were like half a dozen real Holocaust survivors there. One lady sat directly in front of me. If she's in her 80's or early 90's now, she'd have to have been under 20 when she was in the Nazi death camps.

BoShek
04-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I work on Saturday. When I am done with work, I go right to church. Some Saturday nights I go out with some friends to dance or sing karaoke. If not, I'll watch tv or play video games and have a drink or two.

Tycho
04-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I'll be going to the Padres game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

It's PetCo "replica jersey night" and all the fans get a free San Diego Padres top.

I'll be back tomorrow night or something to post the score once we whoop the Bucks!

"Take me out to the ballgame
Take me with the crowd
Watch the Padres
circle around the bags
all I want is for them
to never stop rallying

'cause I root-a-toot
for my home team
they always win all their games
because it's one-two-three runs and more
and the Padres lead again!"

Mad Slanted Powers
04-24-2009, 01:48 PM

It's PetCo "replica jersey night" and all the fans get a free San Diego Padres top.

I'll be back tomorrow night or something to post the score once we whoop the Bucks!That should be pretty easy for guys with bats to whoop a basketball team.

bobafrett
04-24-2009, 06:25 PM

I'll be back tomorrow night or something to post the score once we whoop the Bucks!

"Take me out to the ballgame
Take me with the crowd
Watch the Padres
circle around the bags
all I want is for them
to never stop rallying

'cause I root-a-toot
for my home team
they always win all their games
because it's one-two-three runs and more
and the Padres lead again!"

Okay, is that really the way they sing it? I only hear the versions when the Cubs play at home, so perhaps the 7th inning stretch is different in California.

TeeEye7
04-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Those lyrics show definite signs of mouse droid sniffing! ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
04-24-2009, 11:45 PM
I'll be back tomorrow night or something to post the score once we whoop the Bucks!I'll let you have the win when you see them, Tycho, but the Pahds will have to lose the series, sorry.

And "whoop the bucks" is California-speak for "pay $25 for parking," along with a $9 sushi roll. :rolleyes:

Tycho
04-25-2009, 03:36 AM
Well the Padres won their game Friday night (I watched with my buddy in a sports bar). It went into the 12th inning and Brian Giles hit an RBI to break the 3-3 tie that lasted for way too many innings (but that makes it all the more exciting!)

So now I'm looking forward to seeing them win again at my live game today (tonight), but first I have to get some sleep (eventually).

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-25-2009, 03:21 PM
With the swine flu (or some variration of it) *sniff :hurt:

bobafrett
04-25-2009, 04:13 PM
drinking some vegatable concoction. Yuck.

figrin bran
04-26-2009, 01:21 AM
I think I saw JediTricks at Disneyland today!

I was there to renew my pass and even though it was reasonably crowded, I decided to go on a few rides before heading back home. At some point during the late afternoon, I think I saw JT but as I was not within yelling or walk to catch up distance of him, I didn't call out to him. I did try to catch up but he disappeared somewhere into either Frontierland or Adventureland.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-26-2009, 10:28 AM
I think I saw JediTricks at Disneyland today! You should've yelled, "Good news, everyone!" Then, as his cone-shaped mouth moved ever-so-slightly open, he'd have said, "Wha-?"

I finished my grading in the morning, then watched 4+ hours of just 1 1/2 rounds of the NFL Draft with a friend of mine. Watched it as my own brain turned to mush and did a 4.41 in the 40" time out of my own head... :tired:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2009, 07:53 PM
I went to a few stores (got the Jabba set but nothing else), applied for a summer job at Blockbuster, and went with my family to a housewarming party for a family friend. Her boyfriend/fiancé is a Star Wars collector I've met before, so I got to see his collection, which is cool but mostly in boxes right now. On Friday I finally got to jam with my friend again for a while. Today I went on a bike ride with my dad, but it was short since it was way too cold out there.

DarkArtist
04-27-2009, 01:09 PM
lots of moving and painting. (sunday too). at least everything is at the new house now (now I have to restore the apartment back to a neutral white color. looks like it's going to take 2 coats of paint to cover up the colors.:cry:

pbarnard
04-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head...
Grabbed my coat, grabbed my hat. Grabbed the bus in seconds flat...

Hmmm, actually got up worked out, ran an extra 40 minutes, went grocery shopping, had lunch, watched the NFL draft, watched more of the NFL draft, watched Resolute which was promoed as the Clone Wars right before it began, went to bed.

Blue2th
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
lots of moving and painting. (sunday too). at least everything is at the new house now (now I have to restore the apartment back to a neutral white color. looks like it's going to take 2 coats of paint to cover up the colors.:cry:

Sometimes that doesn't work either, especially with vibrant colors like red. You get color bleed, a nightmare.
Try some "Kilz" white primer and then one coat of white if you encounter inadequate coverage.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-27-2009, 10:12 PM
With the swine flu (or some variration of it) *sniff :hurt:I seriously hope it's really just a "normal" flu, LBC.

JetsAndHeels
05-02-2009, 12:22 PM
I am fixing to go over to a friend's house to watch Smallville and Supernatural from Thursday night. Later this evening I am headed to Raleigh to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings with my girlfriend, her brother, her cousin, and another friend. After that we are headed to an Irish pub to hear one of the local bands.

I am going to squeeze a toy run or two in there somewhere. :)

DarthQuack
05-02-2009, 12:59 PM
I'd love to hit up a Buffalo Wild Wings....but the closest one is about 60-80 miles away.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I've been to the one in Springfield, MO a couple times while there on business. Otherwise, the closest one to me is in Portland, OR.

Went shopping this morning. Didn't find any new Star Wars items. Got a few things a Costco (peas, chicken tenders, cran-raspberry juice). Used my free car wash coupon I got from the Honda dealer. Now I am back home. I got my lawn mowed yesterday, and it is supposed to rain today, I think. So, I'll probably just stay inside and get caught up on my DVR.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Went to a local comic shop's Free Comic Book Day celebration, then had an awesome clam-chowder-in-a-bread-bowl lunch. Did some grading, watched some televised sports.

TeeEye7
05-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I just woke up.

So far, I've started a load of laundry and came here to hang out with all you "A-Listers"! :thumbsup:

It was a pretty crazy week at work. I don't think I'll do much of anything for the rest of the day.

bobafrett
05-02-2009, 11:02 PM
I worked 9 1/2 hours at Wal-Mart, came home, drove my step daughter home (her dads place), picked up my other step daughter, drove to Target to pick her up a bicycle helmet, had dinner with my wife and stepdaughter, dropped her back at her dad's place, did a little grocery shopping, came home, went for a walk with my wife, returned home, read the Marriage minutes book, stopped by here.

figrin bran
05-03-2009, 02:50 AM
I just woke up.

So far, I've started a load of laundry and came here to hang out with all you "A-Listers"! :thumbsup:

It was a pretty crazy week at work. I don't think I'll do much of anything for the rest of the day.

But the A Listers don't come out until night! :D

I went to the local Target then to the local comic book store for Free Comic Day and then visited 3 more Targets and 1 TRU. Getting home took longer that it should have as there was a 6 car accident. One car swerved onto the sidewalk and hit a bicyclist. After dinner, I went to see X Men Origins.

dr_evazan22
05-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Woke up around 8 and did 3 loads of laundry, finished by 930. Expecting this girl I've been dating to come over around noon-ish so had to do a little lite cleaning. Didn't do any; instead hung out here and called her and told her it would be a little messy. After she got her we ran some errands to Home Depot, the farmers market to get this awesome spicy mustard, then to the supermarket.
Upon returning to my place we proceeded to start making some pineapple upside down cake (have always loved the way my mom makes it and was pretty sure I had the recipe). Production came to a stop though due to some vagueness in the directions; I had to send her back out to the drugstore to get another can of pineapple while I continued prepping what I could. She got back and I finally got the batter in the skillet and had another OS moment. My skillet is bigger than my moms, and there wasn't enough batter to cover the pineapples and such. Quickly mixed up another batch of batter.
Sat down to watch Davinci Code while it baked.
After it (the cake) was done we made tacos for dinner. She was prepping the veg's whilst I was browning the meat when I saw on the box the recipe for Fish Tacos. We had a little laugh over that one.
After dinner we finished watching the movie, had cake, then she went home. I stayed up and cleared some of my DVR.

Oh yeah... The reason for going to the HD was to get light bulbs and locks for a display cabinet that I bought WAY back in Nov. Moved it from the parents back porch to here last weekend. Lights work, they have a timer also which I"ll need to figure out and reset. Today change the locks and make its space along the wall. Pics to come...

TeeEye7
05-03-2009, 02:58 PM
But the A Listers don't come out until night! :D

Good thing I work nights, then! ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I didn't really do anything too amazing. I studied for finals a fair bit, which I've continued to do today. I also found the TCW Jar Jar and Rocket Battle Droid figures, so that was good. I'm just ready to be done with school for now . . . only a few more days . . .

Ando
05-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Typical Saturday, pooped around the apartment, watched some recorded TV like Mythbusters, had some soup, took a nap.

Then the wife and I went over to her mom and dad's to celebrate her brother's birthday and see him off. He's being deployed to Iraq with the Oregon National Guard this week or next.

DarthQuack
05-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Worked 4a-1p......blah....never feel like doing anything afterwards. Played some KanJam (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/www.kanjam.com) though.....very fun if you're interested in a nice outside game.

Slicker
05-04-2009, 01:25 PM
pooped around the apartment...How uncivilized! At least KH keeps it in the shower...

Ando
05-04-2009, 01:36 PM
How uncivilized! At least KH keeps it in the shower...

Yes, pretty much.

sith_killer_99
05-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Busy day...

1. De-badged the trunk of my car.
2. Washed the car.
3. Went to the dealership to schedule 2 "recall" repairs I got in the mail.:(
4. Watched the new Star Trek movie.
5. Posted on SSG.
6. Profit.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Busy day...

1. De-badged the trunk of my car.
2. Washed the car.
3. Went to the dealership to schedule 2 "recall" repairs I got in the mail.:(
4. Watched the new Star Trek movie.
5. Posted on SSG.
6. Profit.Borrowing your list, sk, I did #4 and #5, plus got new windshield wipers that sort of #2'd. Also graded some student work, helped with the house repairs/additions going on.

bobafrett
05-09-2009, 11:40 PM
1. Started out grocery shopping
2. Mailed some Relay for Life checks.
3. Posted on SSG, Myspace, MWG forums, 501st forums.
4. Mowed the lawn.
5. Washed dishes.
5 1/2. Made the bed.
6. Called Josh, got his voicemail.
7. Josh called back, spoke with him.
8. Went for a walk with my wife.
9. Ended up at the theatres to watch "Wolverine".
10. Came home and read some Bible verses.
Brushed my teeth, getting ready to go to bed.

TeeEye7
05-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Just returned from Mother's Day dinner with Mrs. TI7.

Yep. We go the day before to beat the crowds! Tomorrow I make a nice dinner at home for everyone after mom opens her gifts! :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
05-10-2009, 04:30 AM
Went to the Tulip Festival in Albany, very nice day for it and escaped the showers later on at night. Slick's mom was working one of the Tulip tents, she'd asked you where you wanted her Tu Lips ;)

jonthejedi
05-10-2009, 06:37 AM
...went to see J.J.Abram's Star Trek..the anything-but-slow motion picture.

mabudonicus
05-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Had a solid plan which got dashed with the surprise appearance of my brother "in law" (would be my actual Bro but for the fact that I ain't legally married)

Went uptown and ate some nachos and got a guided tour of our fave brepub from the brewmaster (who has been my friend for 25 years or so) then came back home and hooked up with another long-time buddy and downed some frosties in classical Canadian saturday night style
:beard: Iso&Baws

Gonna try to enact yesterdays "dropped" plan today \m/

Qui-Long Gone
05-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Saturday was awesome....can't wait for next Sat.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-11-2009, 11:41 PM
My dad and I were in Minnesota seeing family. On Saturday, he and some of his brothers took their mom out to lunch, and I went with an aunt and two cousins to Guitar Center since one of them is getting into drums, just like me. Later that night we watched David Gilmour's Live in Gdansk on TV (so they cut out several songs for time) but it looked beautiful in HD on their really nice TV. Then SNL and off to bed.

mtriv73
05-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Woke up at 6:00, did my morning ritual (you don't want details but it involves coffee, the newspaper, and my favorite room in the house,) put on my suit, drove to a Maryland Jaycees convention, ran 5 meetings including 1 1 hour training I did, went out to dinner with my wife, my son, my brother, and my mom, came home and started prepping to make mothers day dinner on sunday.

All in all, I was busy from 6:00 AM till 2AM sunday.

Blue2th
05-12-2009, 08:05 PM
So at the last minute a booking agent calls the singer and says we are scheduled to play at the Acoma Sky City Casino on Friday and Saturday.
There goes my Star Trek premier plans on Fri. :mad:

We get out there, free rooms nice place good pay. I ask if there is a movie theatre nearby in the area so I could see Star Trek the next morning... No :(
Anyways thinking about Star Trek, I do the intro harmonics to the theme song in frustration (more than twice I'm sure)

Woke up with a headache Saturday (non-drinking establishment) and was wondering why then I took a good wiff of the air, and it was a constant permeation of Diesel exaust from the next door truck stop. :dead:
I had to leave that place till we played that night so I drove through the apocalyptic wasteland to the nearest town to check out the Walmart there. I found a Resolute Cobra though.

Next time we play there I'm going to see if I can get a portable Oxygen tank. I think I lost some brain cells from the monoxide.

TeeEye7
05-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Attended a wedding in LA. My wife's cousin, who was the flower girl in our wedding, got married. Strange vows exchanged (how in the world letting your husband view sports with all his frat brothers as a priority in your marriage got in there is beyond me); the reception was tedious and weird. The MC and DJ left a lot to be desired :incessantnoiseinsteadofmusic:.

Got home around 1:30AM (it's normally about a 2 hr. drive south from here). No traffic from Woodland Hills to home! :warpfactorfivemistersulu:

bobafrett
05-17-2009, 10:48 PM
I worked 9 hours, then came home and barbaqued some steaks.

JimJamBonds
05-17-2009, 11:21 PM
I worked both my 'real' job and my bar job.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-18-2009, 12:25 AM
I was counting money in Williamsport, PA.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Every day is pretty much a Saturday to me now, as I'm on summer break. I think I worked on the SW room a bit and later watched Blade Runner. Not a ton of stuff.

Qui-Long Gone
05-18-2009, 02:41 PM
I put in a new floor in our bathroom (finally), but couldn't fix the toilet flange on the floor (##@!?* broken gasket).....sigh.

By the way, with this post I FINALLY reached 1K...one small step for most of you, but one giant leap for me!

I love this Forum!

TeeEye7
05-18-2009, 02:54 PM
By the way, with this post I FINALLY reached 1K...one small step for most of you, but one giant leap for me!

It's quality, not quantity that counts!

Just look at my post count vs. my membership date since the Old Forums went the way of the first Death Star.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-18-2009, 09:06 PM
I attended a two-day writing program retreat, on Friday evening and most of Saturday. Once I came home, I had lots* of energy to fulfill all my other responsibilites.

* = empty car lots :(

Bel-Cam Jos
05-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Was invited to a 6-year old's golf-themed birthday party. I dressed in 1940s era gold clothes (read: stuffed my pants into argyle socks, wore a driving [no pun intended] cap). It was pretty fun: sand trap, putting, chipping, "obstacle course" challenges; green icing cupcakes with golfball decorations; kids got personalized foam visors. Neato. Then I wasted the rest of the day grading papers and watching TV sports. :slug:

TeeEye7
05-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Got off work at 7AM. Had a snack before going to bed. Woke up at 1:45PM. Got out of helping my wife tear down her classroom for the year cuz I had to get a haircut (there's still opportunity: she's not done yet). Had dinner with the extended family. Got stuck with the bill. Watched the last two episodes of the Band of Brothers marathon on History Channel. Went to bed.

sith_killer_99
05-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Well, let's see...

I have a long 4 day weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday).

Friday I spend 8 hours working on the car. I "clayed" the car with the new Ice Liquid Clay Kit by Turtle Wax. This is akin to the standard claybar kit, only in a single liquid application. Clay removes contaminants from the exterior of the vehicle. Then I washed and waxed the car using Turtle Wax's Ice car polish. That night I also attended a local car meet, it was a pretty small meet, but I got to see some nice cars and talk to a few local owners. It was mostly Subaru STI owners and a couple Evo owners, and me with my RA.

Saturday I went to my 1SG's house and played poker. We started off with dealers choice then went into no limit hold 'em. I won some, lost some, pretty much broke even. It was an all afternoon/night event, arrived at 3 p.m. and finished at 11:30 p.m. Pizza, beer, good times, etc.

Today, I am recovering from yesterday and catching up on the forums. Probably going to do some work around the house. Maybe watch a couple of movies from Netflix.

mabudonicus
05-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Went to what will probably be the most enjoyable wedding I will ever get to check out. The entire "ceremony" was roughly 15 minutes long, not religious in ANY way shape or form and the vows were actually humourous yet really meaningful. After the "we do" it was about 30 seconds before the groom gave the order to descend on the open bar, an order that was promptly and seriously obeyed. It was truly a big fun kind of affair, great food, smiles all round, tons of WOOOOOOO to be had for all.

And tho nobody here knows the couple (tho JJreason has met the groom on I think 2 occasions, one in front of the Holiday Special itself) I must post here that I wish Jay Fee and Roxy nothing but the best, they're awesome people and being invited to their "special day" was an honour (especially since, like usual, the "dress code" was waived for me)
:beard: Iso&Baws
Oyes truly the way I think all weddings should be

Slicker
05-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Sounds like you had a good weekend, SK. I miss cleaning my truck by hand. :(

Well, seeing as it's Memorial Day weekend I had to work everyday...for 12 hours...while everybody else has it off...you guys suck!!!

Slicker
05-24-2009, 01:20 PM
(especially since, like usual, the "dress code" was waived for me)
I was seriously gonna ask if you actually put on a shirt and tie but apparently it was sweatpants and the flannel coat for you. ;) You could've at least worn the good ol' Canadian tuxedo.

JimJamBonds
05-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Worked my 'real job' then stopped by a friends for a bbq then went to Caesar's and did a little movie watchin' then went to my weekend job (bar).

sith_killer_99
05-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Well, seeing as it's Memorial Day weekend I had to work everyday...for 12 hours...while everybody else has it off...you guys suck!!!

Yeah, we get 3 and 4 day weekends at the drop of a hat around here. They do that because of our deployment time, 15 months of working 6 and often 7 day work weeks, 10-12 hours a day.:(As a result the CG (Commanding General) is really big on giving us family time, which is really cool.:thumbsup:

Come to think of it, today is my official anniversary. 12 months ago today I left Afghanistan.:D

I miss cleaning my truck by hand.

Yeah, I really missed my 240 while I was gone. What kind of truck do you have?

Slicker
05-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah, we get 3 and 4 day weekends at the drop of a hat around here. They do that because of our deployment time, 15 months of working 6 and often 7 day work weeks, 10-12 hours a day.:(As a result the CG (Commanding General) is really big on giving us family time, which is really cool.:thumbsup:Our command blows for giving us time off. We'll be out to sea for 4 months working 12 hours every day and when we get back they'll give us a 72 hour for "doing a good job" :rolleyes:

Yeah, I really missed my 240 while I was gone. What kind of truck do you have?I've got a Chevy Blazer. There are pictures on Cardomain if you have an account (the username is slicker1138. Original, huh?)

sith_killer_99
05-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Our command blows for giving us time off. We'll be out to sea for 4 months working 12 hours every day and when we get back they'll give us a 72 hour for "doing a good job" :rolleyes:

WOW, that does blow!

I've got a Chevy Blazer. There are pictures on Cardomain if you have an account (the username is slicker1138. Original, huh?)

No need to have an account, I just did a search for your username.:yes:Man that thing looks sharp! Very clean, I can see why you miss it so much. I'll have to set up an account and post pics of my RA.

bobafrett
05-24-2009, 05:57 PM
I worked, I celebrated 44 years, I partied (a little), and I went to bed.

JimJamBonds
05-24-2009, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=From I don't know who]Well, seeing as it's Memorial Day weekend I had to work everyday...for 12 hours...while everybody else has it off...you guys suck!!! [QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better (I don't know who posted the above) while I do have Monday off I will spend Tues - Fri trying to fit five days of work into that period.

Qui-Long Gone
05-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Almost went to see Terminator Salvation, but then I decided not to waste my money and watched T1 on Netflix!

sith_killer_99
05-26-2009, 01:17 PM
^ LOL

Good call!;)

sith_killer_99
06-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Went to a car meet in Round Rock, then 5-6 of us went for a cruise. We did a photo shoot with our cars, stopped by McDonalds and had a bite to eat. Finally we went to a big car meet down in Austin, saw some amazing cars, Vipers galore a RHD Honda Del Sol with the automatic roof, only sold overseas!!!

It was a great night and I got to run my car with some of the big guys. We had an Evo X, STi, WRX, RA, G8, and Challenger R/T.

bobafrett
06-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Cleaning my house, mowing the lawn, and running to the store to get supplies for my son's graduation party held today, Sunday, June 7th.

Ando
06-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Took the wife to see 'The Hangover'. HILARIOUS!

JEDIpartner
06-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I went to see UP on Saturday and was really touched. Man... everyone in the cinema was crying!! It certainly resonated with a lot of people. Very good film.

Went out for food at some Mexican fusion joint afterwards. Nice evening.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Went to a meeting at LA Harbor College. That place is a pretty nice facility.

TeeEye7
06-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Well, so far I've worked an officer involved shooting from about three-thirty this morning until now (I've just arrived at home). I think I'll just veg the rest of the day :tired:

Officers OK, bad guy no longer with us.......

sith_killer_99
06-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Took my daughter to see Up in 3-D! Going to a promotion party in an hour or so.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-13-2009, 06:51 PM
I worked at the grocery store fuel station from 5:45 to 2:15 and I'm tired as all hell. The work isn't even remotely strenuous but just waking up that early is a pain.

bobafrett
06-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Well, so far I've worked an officer involved shooting from about three-thirty this morning until now (I've just arrived at home). I think I'll just veg the rest of the day :tired:

Officers OK, bad guy no longer with us.......

How "bad" is Bad? Glad to hear the officer is okay.

I worked at Wal-Mart from 6 am until 3 pm, drove home, picked up my wife, and we went to her neices 21st birthday party for an hour. Her nieces grandfather is a retired Oakbrook Terrace police officer. I think I remember him being at a domestic dispute I was having with my son's mother(wonderful woman that she is) about 20 years ago. Then I drove my wife to work. ate KFC, and came home to sit here and type this.

morpheus282
06-13-2009, 08:34 PM
This Saturday was pretty much the standard. Slept in a little, took the daughter to lunch, met David Prowse, went for a walk with my wife...

TeeEye7
06-13-2009, 10:47 PM
How "bad" is Bad?

I would define "bad" as when a person tries to kill family members and responding officers with a knife.

"Bad" is also when a situation goes sideways within milliseconds.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-14-2009, 11:16 AM
My summer reading season is officially open (Sci-fi season! Biography season! Sci-fi season! ... ), as I started and finished a CW novel. Tried to buy some Pittsburgh Stanley up gear or a digital converter box, but failed after weak half-hearted attempts at both. Filed some SW and comic book stuff.

Ando
06-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Bought two more AOTC Republic Gunships (loose, but excellent condition). I am very excited about this because I missed out on the original release and I have had to play catch up with these since I started collecting again back in 2005. I am now up to 4 for this version, 8 total (2 ROTS, 1 old CW, and 1 new CW).

If I buy anymore, they will be all new releases.

Then my wife and I had some good friends over for burgers and hot dogs at dinner time.

It was a good Saturday as always.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-15-2009, 07:58 PM
I got Comcast Digital Voice installed for my phone service. This is the first time I've had caller ID, and I can check messages online. Soon, they'll be adding the feature so that I can have the caller ID show up on my TV.

TeeEye7
06-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Got home from work around 7:30AM, went to bed about an hour later; slept until 3:00PM, threw chicken on the grill for dinner, cleaned the kitchen, walked the pack (doxies times three), and now TV until I get sleepy enough to go back to bed and convert to the day existence for the weekend.

(Mrs. TI7 is making chocolate chip cookies right now and I think it's time for a raid! :yes:)

Bel-Cam Jos
06-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Dropped off some hazardous waste (light bulbs, batteries, computer stuff, etc.), deposited checks at the bank and got the newest presidential dollar coin, picked up 5 books to read from the library, did some work with tickets (bought some for the movies today and an event next week, plus picked up some for someone else's event tonight), received my Penguins '09 Stanley Cup cap in the mail, got Chinese takeout for dinner, did some reading.

Ji'dai
06-21-2009, 12:51 AM
Stayed inside where it was cool most of the day. It's just too hot to do stuff outdoors.

Barely beat another Last Crusade level (the motorcycle chase - I cannot drive vehicles for ****) on my LEGO Indiana Jones game.

Picked up some small limbs and branches from the yard, casualties of last night's storms.

Went and got a pizza and breadsticks from Papa Johns and stopped by the WM next door.

Watched a couple of movies over the course of the day.

figrin bran
06-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Went to the local Target, went to the local K-Mart for the Pixar Cars release event, stopped by the local Marshall's and found the G.I. Joe Mass Device set #5, had lunch at Souplantation, got an HD antenna from Target, arrived home to find a box from HTS with the Legacy AOTC wave.

bobafrett
06-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Went to work at Wal-Mart after the power being out all night at my house. Had to set my cell phone alarm clock feature to wake up, anyways get to Wal-Mart, and they're power was out. They had us clean up damage from the storm, power came back on around 10:30 am, so I was enlisted to help unload the truck from the night before since power went out around 7 pm, Friday night. After lunch, I built a bike and a grill, then it was time to come home. Listened via radio to the Cubs win they're third straight walk off game. Came home, and had a little private time with my wife, ran to the grocery store, had a snack then bedtime.

sith_killer_99
06-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Wife's birthday yesterday, we did presents and cake.:D

JimJamBonds
06-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Worked then went for a run.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Worked at yet another tent sale, but at least I didn't have to travel for this one. Last one until September.

Ando
06-22-2009, 11:06 AM
I slept in late and stayed out of the house most of Saturday afternoon looking for toys and found nothing new.

TeeEye7
06-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Got my haircut, then stayed out of the 104ºF heat! :hurt:

Mad Slanted Powers
06-27-2009, 11:26 PM
I cut my own hair. Then I met with a friend from high school who was up with his family for his class reunion. We went to lunch with our high school coach and his wife. Then I came back home and watched the USATF National Track & Field Meet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Former Fan Club president Dan Madsen sold some of his collection today in Denver so I went to check it out. It wasn't as much stuff as I had assumed it would be but I still got those old deluxe Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon figures for $2 each, so that's pretty good. I then had to work an eight hour shift at the grocery store's fuel center, which was my first shift after having three days off.

Kidhuman
06-28-2009, 10:39 AM
I worked all day. then went home and watched Dr Who and Primeval

Slicker
06-28-2009, 11:19 AM
I had a pretty eventful Saturday. We crossed the equator therefore we had our line crossing ceremony. Seeing as I did it back in 2007 I got to "initiate" the slimy wogs. It's just a fun day where you go from station to station and the shellbacks (people that have done it already) talk mad sh*t to you and whatnot. It ended up on the flight deck where everyone got soaked with seawater.

JimJamBonds
06-28-2009, 12:10 PM
The company I work for provided the liquor for a country music festival so I spent my Saturday (along with Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sun) working out in the hot sun. I hate country music but its actually been fun.

TeeEye7
06-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I had a pretty eventful Saturday. We crossed the equator therefore we had our line crossing ceremony. Seeing as I did it back in 2007 I got to "initiate" the slimy wogs. It's just a fun day where you go from station to station and the shellbacks (people that have done it already) talk mad sh*t to you and whatnot. It ended up on the flight deck where everyone got soaked with seawater.

...and as a highlight, did you end up in Diego Garcia?

Slicker
06-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Unfortunately no. That's on the edge of our AOR and I highly doubt we'll ever make it over that far since the Persian Gulf carriers can get there faster. I'll let you know where we're going in a few days...

bobafrett
06-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Walked in my "Relay for Life" cancer walk. They had the closing ceremony between 11:20am and about 12:10pm. I was recognized for raising over $1,000.00, and I picked up my teams "Bronze" level pins. My wife and I stopped at the Steak & Shake for lunch, it's thew same one where we went just after I asked her to marry me two years ago. The drive home, I started not being able to focus on the road, so we stopped and got out and stretched. Made it home in one piece around 4 pm, got the car unpacked, and stayed inside up until we had to go shopping around 9 pm.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Walked in my "Relay for Life" cancer walk. They had the closing ceremony between 11:20am and about 12:10pm. I was recognized for raising over $1,000.00, and I picked up my teams "Bronze" level pins.Raising $1k only gets you the bronze?!?

I had a pretty eventful Saturday. We crossed the equator therefore we had our line crossing ceremony.Can you start on the toilet before, but "finish your business" just as you're on the equator to see what direction the water flows down? :rolleyes:

Went with my mother to Disneyland (and CA Adventure, with a Parkhopper 3-day ticket) for the less-attended-this-year Unofficial SW Day. It was cool, but not the weather (quite warm, in fact). Shared a table with a couple from Vancouver since eating around the time of a fireworks show means virtually no open places to sit.

Ando
06-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Got up, had breakfast, and the wife and I drove from Depoe Bay, OR up 101 to Tillamook, OR to see my dad march in the parade (he's a Shriner), hang out with my mom and 4 yo nephew and then visit with an old friend who lives in Tillamook.

Then we drove home and just relaxed after 3 days at the coast.

bobafrett
06-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Raising $1k only gets you the bronze?!?

No, you have to raise between $2,000.00 to $3,999.99 to get the bronze. That was for our team. Myself, I raised $1,532.07 plus another $125.00 during the silent auction. I had a Lego Republic Gunship up for bidding, and had a minimum bid of $35.00, but didn't put a "Buy it now" price, which was good, cause I thought it might get $85.00 tops.

My team raised around $2,700.00 but i don't have the exact total, with me getting over half that total. So every year I get the little "Relay" trinkets, which are pretty cool!

JimJamBonds
06-30-2009, 06:11 PM

So how close were you to being King Neptune? (I hope I'm remembering that correctly)

TeeEye7
07-05-2009, 02:55 AM
Here's how I spent my Saturday:

Mad Slanted Powers
07-05-2009, 03:16 AM
Here's how I spent my Saturday:

You got esploded?