PDA

View Full Version : Vince: An Offer You Can't Refuse

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2009, 01:39 AM
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6iod1HT-NE) at long last is the biopic that dares to peek inside the life of Vince Offer, the charismatic salesman behind ShamWow and Slap Chop. Who is Vince? Find out NOW!!!

The video is not as clean as it will eventually be, but many, many things have slowed the release of this video, and we figured we may as well just show what we have instead of wait any longer. Later this month we'll upload the version with more vibrant colors and redone effects shots, but for now, you'll watch it and love it.

El Chuxter
02-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Wow. :cry: Those are tears of joy. It's like Rockin' Deuce dipped in chocolate.

mabudonicus
02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Yeah, gotta hand it to the team responsible for that picture. I have stated elsewhere that sequence outside the car ("Vince NO" ..."I think they just did") damn near kills me every time- the thunderclap that opens it leading into the super overwrought "agony" with the blackout cuts is SO perfect.

SO glad it is seeing the light of day, thanks for sharing it JJL

Oh and your Vince Offer schtick is hilarious- it's like you are going for the "real life" version someone, SO funny man
:beard: Iso&Baws
I am responsible for at LEAST 10 views so far :D

Rocketboy
02-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Wow.No.
ShamWOW!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Thank you all! It's got 75 views already; let's make it go viral! :D

El Chuxter
02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Serious question for you: in the landscape shot around 1:56, is there a significance to the street sign? I can't make it out on the YouTube copy and was wondering if it's a joke or if you just picked the shot because it looked cool.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2009, 05:01 PM
There's no significance of anything here. lol I think that was when I was driving in the "EJ Entertainment is proud to present" shot and Eric just got a quick shot of the clouds when he was waiting for me to come back. It's the same deal with that shot of the mountains with the pink sky; we wanted random cool-looking landscape shots that had no relevance to anything.

As an aside, the shot right before it has an extremely loud water sound; that's a nod to the Spanish version of the ShamWow commercial, in which that particular sound effect was made to be insanely loud for no apparent reason. And now you know.

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Dude, it's like watching a Wikipedia entry come to life... in a good way! :thumbsup: Kinda sad that a man's life can be accurately boiled down to a 2 minute video made by a handful of teenagers. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the kind words and the accurate assessment of Vince's life. :D We didn't even get into the whole David vs. Goliath thing he's got going against Scientology, though; we didn't know it was such an apparently big deal until after we were done filming. We just took one of the lawsuits instead of touching on all three. Had to save something for the movie itself, you know. ;)

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Scientologists run Hollywood, they even own a significant portion of the real estate, so it makes sense they wouldn't be in the trailer. ;)

So, for the movie, will they be getting you prosthetics for your post-stroke Vince face? :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Yup, we're bringing on Stan Winston studios to do all make-up effects. :D

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Yup, we're bringing on Stan Winston studios to do all make-up effects. :D
That's good, I was afraid on your budget they'd just try to give you a real stroke. ;)

DarthQuack
02-07-2009, 08:26 AM
My friend from college hung out with him at the Super Bowl along with Billy Mays....she's dating some bigwig infomercial guy....the dude looks so old.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-07-2009, 03:42 PM
My friend from college hung out with him at the Super Bowl along with Billy Mays....she's dating some bigwig infomercial guy....the dude looks so old.
Is this serious or not?

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Is this serious or not?
Who would bother to make that up???

bobafrett
02-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Finally at a place with speakers so I could hear how, ShamWoW, wonderful a job you have done with this. Good work young lad!

TeeEye7
02-14-2009, 07:09 PM
How in the world did I miss this?

John, this is beyond wonderful! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2009, 01:36 AM
Thank you to the latecomers! There have been 766 views so far, so I assumed some new people were watching it. :D

I heard a clip of Billy Mays calling into a radio show, calling out Vince for stealing the Zorbeez and changing it to ShamWow, and saying that they were in the same box at the Super Bowl, confirming DarthQuack's post (not that I really doubted it, but it sounded almost too epic to be true). Apparently you could cut the tension with a knife. Billy called for a pitch-off and sounded really angry at Vince. Of course, we knew about this even before it happened, which is why we have the shot of Billy angrily pointing at Vince in front of the blood-red wall. :D

TeeEye7
02-15-2009, 03:40 PM
I've watched this several times now.

I think the final shot of Vince on the mountain top with the halo of clouds surrounding his form definitely rivals the shot of Luke watching the setting suns in ANH! :yes:

mabudonicus
02-15-2009, 10:35 PM
mm that's the shot with the golden junque :D
:beard: Iso&baws
Freakin thing GLEAMS

Rocketboy
02-15-2009, 11:19 PM
The video is not as clean as it will eventually be, but many, many things have slowed the release of this video, and we figured we may as well just show what we have instead of wait any longer. Later this month we'll upload the version with more vibrant colors and redone effects shots, but for now, you'll watch it and love it.The awesomeness of the video cannot be denied, but where the hell is this better, updated version???

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2009, 11:58 PM
I said later this month, guy, so hold on! :D Actually, the Billy Mays kid who was going to slap the updated sound on the HD version has been busy with school for the last week, so it will be a little bit longer until you see the better version. We had it ready to go a few weeks ago with the Peter Gabriel song, but he set it to a weird setting where my computer and YouTube were reading it differently than his computer was so the aspect ratio was off and I had no way to fix it. So, not only does he need to find a good format with a good aspect ratio, but put the redone audio on there, and also redo the titles (they looked pretty bad on the HD version). It's due in the crappy film festival (we're mainly putting it in to make fun of all the overly pretentious film kids) on February 28, so either next weekend or the one after that. But definitely before the month's end.

As to the "halo" shot at the end, that wasn't even in the original plan. We were driving around and looking for locations to shoot the shot of the car driving right to left on the road and we found a random dirt hill. The clouds were really awesome and we decided to get a shot; we actually got a few, including the two of me at the beginning (facing the opposite way from the final shot). He ran out of tape right as we were filming the "halo" shot but what we got is pretty awesome (and it does indeed look like my junk is glowing, which is actually how it appears in real life :D ).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Double post, and so on.

It seems that Vince has finally given his first post-ShamWow interview (http://www.cnbc.com/id/28880253) and it's quite interesting. I read quite some time ago that his name could possibly actually be Offer Shlomi, and this article confirms that his first name is actually Offer and that his dad is Israeli, so it's a possibility. It's quite an interesting, bizarre read, much like the man himself.

El Chuxter
02-19-2009, 02:30 AM
You should e-mail him the link to your video.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-19-2009, 02:33 AM
You should e-mail him the link to your video.
I don't want to get sued. :p The Billy Mays guy actually has his phone number, but we always get the machine.

"Hi, it's Vince with Square One Entertainment."

El Chuxter
02-19-2009, 02:33 AM
That's because all sorts of babes are constantly calling him. I bet Jargo is calling him long-distance from England, too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-19-2009, 02:36 AM
He's just too damn busy using the Slap Chop to beat away all the hot ladies.

DarthQuack
02-19-2009, 05:17 AM
Is this serious or not?

Very serious....she has pictures of him in her Superbowl album on her Fbook account....dude looks so old....

DarthQuack
02-19-2009, 05:25 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/Quack34/sham.jpg

bobafrett
02-19-2009, 06:47 AM
Double post, and so on.

It seems that Vince has finally given his first post-ShamWow interview (http://www.cnbc.com/id/28880253) and it's quite interesting. I read quite some time ago that his name could possibly actually be Offer Shlomi, and this article confirms that his first name is actually Offer and that his dad is Israeli, so it's a possibility. It's quite an interesting, bizarre read, much like the man himself.

Sham reffic! I read the entire interview, quite interesting.

Darth Jax
02-19-2009, 09:13 AM
he comes off just as ridiculous in print as he does on the air.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
DarthQuack, that is so awesome!!! :eek:

El Chuxter
02-19-2009, 11:55 PM
nICE VIDEO, jjl. rEMIND ME SOMETIME TO SHOW YOU THE VIDEO i MADE WITH YOUR DAD AND A RUBBER CHICKEN!

:D

JediTricks
02-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Double post, and so on.

It seems that Vince has finally given his first post-ShamWow interview (http://www.cnbc.com/id/28880253) and it's quite interesting. I read quite some time ago that his name could possibly actually be Offer Shlomi, and this article confirms that his first name is actually Offer and that his dad is Israeli, so it's a possibility. It's quite an interesting, bizarre read, much like the man himself.Bold stuff. Sounds like bunk self-promotion to me, but hey, it makes for good tale. His comment about Germany not promoting their products is laughable, like "German Engineering" wasn't a catchphrase before he came around. :p I can't wait till you beef up your trailer to include the new revelations here.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/Quack34/sham.jpgIs that pre or post stroke-face? I'm guessing the latter.

Bobafrett's right, that interview was shamtastic! I'm copyrighting that right now, Mr. Offer! "Shamtastic - copyright JediTricks". BAM! Wait, that's someone else's.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-24-2009, 10:47 PM
I can't wait till you beef up your trailer to include the new revelations here.
Keep waiting, 'cause it ain't gonna happen. :D "Shlomi: An Offer You Can't Refuse" just doesn't have the same ring to it. :p

However, tomorrow should be the day when the higher-definition version arrives. Eric and I finished it up on Sunday but the kid running the festival wanted a DVD copy of it, and the place where Eric could do that was closed that day. Hopefully I'll get it to YouTube tomorrow as well. I don't even know how much of a discernible difference there will be, but at least the effects shots will be in there. I also want to put up the Solsbury Hill version to a filesharing site or something so people can see that version if they so choose; any suggestions for such a site?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2009, 09:02 PM
A double post is warranted to let you all know that the HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0qKP5uGZiE) version is here and it looks sexier than ever!

You're gonna have an exciting life now!

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 03:41 AM
That was HDtastic!

Slicker
03-01-2009, 06:57 PM
I was finally able to see this today and I must say it's quite the vid, John.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks!

For some reason the older one is still racking up the hits (moderately, anyway) even though the new one is out and I've pretty much replaced all mentions of the old one with the new one. It's anti-Special Edition backlash all over again. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Double post in a self-promoting thread . . .

I don't know how I didn't see it before, but here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b86SOHZ0nIA) is the Slap Chop commercial in Spanish, and it's even better than the ShamWow in Spanish! He even manages to make a joke about his testicles here, but in a completely different context! What a guy!

I'm still waiting for his triumphant return post-hookergate . . .

Maerj2000
04-09-2009, 06:39 PM
I just saw an ad on Discovery Channel about a new show I think its called Pitch Men, it starts next Wednesday at 10. They showed Billy Mays in it but maybe our buddy Vince will make an appearance at some point?

In Florida there's a store called Appliance Direct and their commercials are hysterical. There are a bunch of them on You Tube, just look up the name of the store. Or here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgxcYz5cLN8

If you have gone to Disney World any time in the last couple years, you've probably seen them.