PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Millennium Falcon Radar Dish

roberr22
02-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Good evening! I'm hoping someone will be able to answer the following question. I have two vintage Millennium Falcon radar dishes. The dish on one is basically the same light color as the ship's shell. The dish on the other is a dark gray. I know by looking at some sites that the light colored dish is likely authentic. Does anyone know if there were versions of the Falcon that came with a dark gray dish? Thanks a lot!

LusiferSam
02-07-2009, 01:29 AM
No, you've got one vintage dish and one modern dish. The vintage Kenner dish was only made the same color as the color. Barring some yellowing of either the main ship or dish they are always the same color, light gray. In '95 Hasbro (who bought Kenner in '94) reused the old molds to make the new line of vehicles. Outside an electronics upgrade the '95 Falcon is the same as the '79 Falcon. But the colors were different. The '95 and later Falcons have a dark gray dish.

roberr22
02-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Excellent! Thanks! I have another question: Is there any way to spot a repo jedi training ball (place joke here:D) I have two, but one is slightly larger than the other. Do they come in different sizes (place additional joke here :D)? Thanks again!

LusiferSam
02-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Boy that's a tough one. I don't have a clue. The problem is the training ball is just a black faceted bead. You literally go to Wal-Mart or any other craft store today and buy a couple dozen replacement beads. Size wise the train ball I have is about 13/32". This based on the fact the bead fits in a hole of a 13/32" screw and not a 3/8" screw. I have no reason to believe mine is a fake, also reason to believe it's real.

roberr22
02-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer these questions!

LusiferSam
02-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Not a problem. That's how I learned, asking a lot of questions. I'm always happy to pass on what I've learned whether it's gotten first hand or somebody else.