PDA

View Full Version : how to hollow out clone trooper helmets.....

jedimastergeorge06
02-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Does any body know how to hollow out the clone trooper helmets from the clone wars? Ive seen it done on ebay but just dont know how to do it.

figrin bran
02-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Just pop off the heads of the Clone Wars clones and you'll see that they're already rather hollow. The only reason I can think of where someone might need them even more hollow is to make them become removable helmets. In that event, you'd need a Dremel to accomplish that task.

jedimastergeorge06
02-09-2009, 04:36 PM
yeah i want to make them removable helmets so whats a dremel? And where can i get one and how much is it?

bobafrett
02-09-2009, 05:12 PM
You can get them at a Wal-Mart or craft stores, or such. Prices vary depending on what accesories you get with them. I don't have a price off the top of my head, but I think they atart around $60, but I may be a little low on the price there.

DarkArtist
03-04-2009, 11:38 AM
yeah i want to make them removable helmets so whats a dremel? And where can i get one and how much is it?

a dremel is a small rotary tool usually around the size of a screwdiver or slightly bigger used for decorative work and sanding as well as etching. I bought one at Walmart for about $40 and love it, use it for all my customs. highly recommend if you are going to hollow out the helmets....just make sure you use the low speed setting or you could wind up destroying the helmet all together.