PDA

View Full Version : Trailer

jawaboy
02-21-2002, 09:17 AM
Anyone out there know when we can expect the next, real trailer and which movie will it be attached to?

JEDIpartner
02-21-2002, 09:51 AM
That we would see the last trailer attached to the film "Ice Age". I don't know how true that is, but it seems like that film is the only expected "cross-generation demographic" hit between now and the film's release.

Rollo Tomassi
02-21-2002, 01:09 PM
"They" said March so speculation boiled down to three films. The first being Ice Age because it's a Fox film and because, like JEDIPartnr said, wide appeal. The second is E.T. because Steve and George are chummy, and because it has wide appeal, and I forgot what the third film was, but I'm pretty sure it was on the list because it came out in March and it had wide appeal.:D :happy:

Co Jo-Da
02-21-2002, 01:57 PM
I looked over some of releases for March and here's three that stand out as the best choices:

1) The Time Machine on March 8 (PG-13)
2) Ice Age on March 15 (PG)
3) E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on March 22 (PG)

With the whole Spielberg/Lucas relationship, E.T. looks to me to be the front runner (not to mention that E.T. made an appearance in TPM)...

'Forbidden' and 'Breathing' have the same flow to them, aseptically if you watch them back to back. But 'Mystery' doesn't flow with either of them at all. So what I'm suggesting is that 'Mystery' will be expanded in to the forth trailer that is yet to be released, much more action than the others with more plot based (not Love Story) dialogue...

I said this in previous threads about the last trailer and I still think the same...

jawaboy
02-21-2002, 03:08 PM
I have to agree with you. I think the next trailer will have to do with Count Dooku and the cloning of an army. Hopefully, we'll get to see a little bit of lightsaber action in it compared to the lame potatoes we've seen so far.

Rollo Tomassi
02-21-2002, 03:42 PM
Time machine! The sci-fi connection! Thanks CoJoDa! That was the third possibility. I also agree with the expansion of the Mystery trailer assessment.

Jek Porky 2002
02-21-2002, 05:26 PM
Right, firstly when you say the Time Machine is that the one with Samantha Mumba in it.

Secondly, when you say 'last trailer', I presume you meen Theatrical Trailer.

An Thirdly, I heard that it's not out untill late April.

LTBasker
02-21-2002, 05:51 PM
I'd guess it would be on E.T. because from what I read on another site, they said in the movie they would be explaining why he showed up in E1

Jek Porky 2002
02-21-2002, 05:54 PM
Does there need to be a reason, it was just a bit of fun.

Co Jo-Da
02-22-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
An Thirdly, I heard that it's not out untill late April.

Late April is TOO CLOSE to the release date, look at it from a marketing stand point.

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 08:21 AM
Yeah, the one with Smantha Mumba. How many Time Machine movies did you think were coming out?

Jek Porky 2002
02-22-2002, 03:32 PM
That depends on how realistic the movie really is.

Co Jo-Da
02-24-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on March 22 (PG)

With the whole Spielberg/Lucas relationship, E.T. looks to me to be the front runner (not to mention that E.T. made an appearance in TPM)...

Well, it looks like that Spielberg/Lucas connection is up in the air now with the official announcement:

*By the way, Peter Jackson mentioned that on March 22nd, all theaters still showing The Lord of the Rings movie will end with a 3 1/2 minute movie trailer of the next installment "The Two Towers."

I think that the last trailer will be released before March 22nd, so Ice Age looks (to me) to be the front runner...

Rollo Tomassi
02-24-2002, 10:08 AM

Well, it looks like that Spielberg/Lucas connection is up in the air now with the official announcement:

*By the way, Peter Jackson mentioned that on March 22nd, all theaters still showing The Lord of the Rings movie will end with a 3 1/2 minute movie trailer of the next installment "The Two Towers."

I think that the last trailer will be released before March 22nd, so Ice Age looks (to me) to be the front runner...

I don't think the Lucas/Speilberg friendship is threatened by this news.

Steve: George! Look! Peter is adding a trailer to the end of his fil...

George: That's it! I've had it! The magic is over!:mad: (storms out)

Steve: Fine! :mad: (storms out)

Seeing as how Ice Age is 20th Cent Fox, I think it's the front runner for the Mystery 2.0 trailer.

Co Jo-Da
02-24-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
I don't think the Lucas/Speilberg friendship is threatened by this news.

Steve: George! Look! Peter is adding a trailer to the end of his fil...

George: That's it! I've had it! The magic is over!:mad: (storms out)

Steve: Fine! :mad: (storms out)

Seeing as how Ice Age is 20th Cent Fox, I think it's the front runner for the Mystery 2.0 trailer.

That was funny but the whole Lords of the Ring / Star Wars rivaly is stupid if you ask me and I'm not the only one, look at what Peter Jackson has to say about it:

"He said the "rivalry" between SW and LOTR was ridiculous because the films are not comparable at all and he should know since he is in both! Then he went on to tease us by making wicked comparisons anyway, all in LOTR’s favor. Peter chimed in saying the rivalry was all made up – that he and GL [George Lucas] have great respect for each other’s work, that the productions were supportive of each other and shared information frequently."

"Once Lee was through, Jackson took up the topic so he could dismiss rumours of any rivalry between his production and Lucas'. In fact, the Lucasfilm effects team came down to visit them in New Zealand in very early stages of production (Lucas was still working on Episode I) and invited Jackson's fx team to come up to Skywalker ranch where they received some "very valuable suggestions."

Jek Porky 2002
02-25-2002, 03:14 PM
When is E.T20 out, I want to know this because it is the favourite to show the Theatrical Trailer for Attack Of The Clones.

Beast
02-25-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
When is E.T20 out, I want to know this because it is the favourite to show the Theatrical Trailer for Attack Of The Clones.
E.T.: 20th Anniversary Edition opens in theaters March 22nd. I also think Lucas will attach the final trailer to AOTC's to it as well, though there has been some rumors it may get attached to Ice Age to drum up ticket sales.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
02-25-2002, 03:32 PM
Is it the same release date in England or do we have to wait a couple of weeks before we can see it, as usual! (LUCKILY NOT WITH AOTC :))

PENDO!

Co Jo-Da
02-25-2002, 08:25 PM
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on March 22 (PG)

Here is some more news on the last trailer from the folks over at TheForce.net and guess what it's FINISHED;

ILM has just finished the post-production shots of the new trailer. It is finished. The actual cut has been done for sometime, but now everything is completed and it is ready for release. All I've heard so far is that it will be very soon. Another interesting point is that it does mention the exact opening date of May 16th, in case you were wondering.

Lord Malakite
02-28-2002, 03:45 AM
Fox will air the next trailer on March 10, just before 9 p.m. EST between slightly abbreviated episodes of ''Malcolm in the Middle'' and ''The X-Files,'' making it the first ''Wars'' preview to debut on TV. It will also air in theaters exclusively attached to Fox's animated movie ''Ice Age,'' opening March 15, and likely in front of ''E.T.'' and others later in March.

Beast
02-28-2002, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
Fox will air the next trailer just before 9 p.m. EST between slightly abbreviated episodes of ''Malcolm in the Middle'' and ''The X-Files,'' making it the first ''Wars'' preview to debut on TV. It will also air in theaters exclusively attached to Fox's animated movie ''Ice Age,'' opening March 15, and likely in front of ''E.T.'' and others later in March.
Wow, it's gonna premiere on TV, on a major network? That's a big suprise. But didn't the last trailer premire on TV the same day that it appeared in theaters, and was on MTV? I may be wrong but I'm sure that it was. Still, thats cool news, and I as well as others were right with our guess of "Ice Age" being the trailer carrying movie. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
02-28-2002, 03:58 AM
More about it can be read here (http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,213487~1~0~asneakpeekat,00.html).

JetsAndHeels
02-28-2002, 08:56 AM
Well one thing is for sure, I am setting my VCR that night and I am going to see "Ice Age"!!
Its kind of like "Monsters Inc" Round 2!!

JEDIpartner
02-28-2002, 11:17 AM
I just read that article on the FOX broadcast of the new trailer. That is gonna be fan-bloody-tastic! I can't wait to see that!

Rollo Tomassi
02-28-2002, 12:00 PM
Setting my VCR for the 10th...NOW.:D

Pendo
02-28-2002, 12:20 PM
Anybody know if it will be shown here in the UK. If it is my best bets will be either on the Big Breakfast or on Newsround, but does anybody know for certain?

PENDO!

Co Jo-Da
02-28-2002, 05:25 PM
Well, here we go:

''When Good Jedi Go Bad!'' On March 10, the latest two-and-a-half-minute tease for ''Attack of the Clones'' will hit screens -- but not the big silver kind. In a synergistic masterstroke, the Fox network (sister to ''Star Wars'' distributor Twentieth Century Fox) will air the trailer just before 9 p.m. EST between slightly abbreviated episodes of ''Malcolm in the Middle'' and ''The X-Files,'' making it the first ''Wars'' preview to debut on TV.
''We went to Fox [TV] with this and obviously they jumped at the idea,'' explains Lucasfilm VP of marketing Jim Ward. ''It's a win-win situation for everyone.'' The strategy isn't all corporate back-scratching, insists Ward. ''TV hits a lot of eyeballs.'' And fans will still be able to see the trailer in theaters --exclusively attached to Fox's animated ''Ice Age,'' opening March 15, and likely in front of ''E.T.'' and others later in March.

Plus a little more info on what will be in the Trailer:

Just so you know, it is the same length as the Forbidden Love trailer, but the tone is very different. Want to know some of what you will see? Believe it or not, this will be your first chance to see Yoda in action. Not just walking and talking, a glimpse of him fighting. Finally you can be the judge of the work ILM has realized and the dream Lucas has brought to life.
Also look for clips of the big Jedi battle, the timing of the latest "Making of" was no accident. Everyone that has seen it loves it, many even calling it the 'best of the best.' This is the full trailer, and it will knock your socks off.

Man, it's getting very close now and I just can wait...

Jek Porky 2002
03-01-2002, 06:32 PM
Star Wars.com has announced that the new trailer for Attack Of The Clones will be called Clone War it will be shown to all you lucky Americans on Sunday on FOX and at cinemas and on Star Wars.com from Friday 15th March 2002, before the main presentation of Ice Ige.

Co Jo-Da
03-02-2002, 03:06 AM
I've been hearing more and more that this trailer is about the Jedi's in action and all I have to say is, IT'S About DARN TIME...

Beast
03-02-2002, 03:42 AM
No big suprise that they attached it to "Ice Age". I figured they would since the buzz on that movie has been pretty bad. They need a way to get butts in the seats, and what better way then slap a trailer that people are rabid to see onto it. Same thing that was done with the E1 trailer, when they stuck it on "Meet Joe Black" I beleive the movie was, in 1999.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
03-02-2002, 09:58 AM
The Buzz on Ice Age is bad? I've been hearing just the opposite. That first trailer with Scrat running from the glacier had everybody chuckling in MY theatre. What Buzz are you listening to?

Jek Porky 2002
03-02-2002, 10:04 AM
What do you people want to see from the Clone War trailer, I personaly want to see, more than one theme to the trailer and for it to be alot more like the trailer for The Phantom Menace with footage from any particular scenes in the film and of not just about one charactor, I also want to see some of that Arena Battle with all the Jedi.
So how about you?

derek
03-02-2002, 11:08 AM
word is, we're gonna see the arena battle. though i think i know the whole story, hopefully they won't reveal too much. i recall when i saw the episode 1 trailer where obi wan yelled, "NOOO!",
i knew right away he was watching qui gon die, and i wasn't even online for spoilers then.:D

studios are showing too much in their trailers these days.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
03-02-2002, 12:37 PM
I just want to enjoy watching it. Let if flow. Well...actually I really do want to see the Jedi in action. I'd like to see the clonetroopers fighting but I'd think that might be saved for the movie itself.

Jargo
03-02-2002, 01:08 PM
I want to be entertained. pure and simple. If it doesn't entertain then it isn't worth the bother. I don't want to see half the movie slammed down in big spoiler chunks. maybe some nice backgrounds and odd close up shots. Intriguing dialogue. I don't want to see the movie before it even premieres. TPM left me with a whetted appetite. unfortunately the trailer was better than the movie but I have hopes for AOTC. Not terribly high but still hopes all the same. This way I may be pleasantly surprised.

"Don't count your chickens before they're hatched..." ;)

Rollo Tomassi
03-02-2002, 01:31 PM
While the last one focused on the romance, I want this one to focus on the epic political struggle. From what I've read, the dialogue in this is pretty dense and nuanced. That would be great to have that come across in this trailer. I think that would bring in a bigger audience than the romance angle.

Beast
03-02-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
The Buzz on Ice Age is bad? I've been hearing just the opposite. That first trailer with Scrat running from the glacier had everybody chuckling in MY theatre. What Buzz are you listening to?
The original test screening showed that people either didn't care much for it. Or that they wouldn't normally go see it, but they liked it. I know that Fox felt that they needed to get the butts in the seats for it. What better way then slapping a trailer for one of the most anticipated movies of all time. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-02-2002, 07:55 PM
I just want the thing to be WAY different then the majority of the last one, only the action scenes on the last one were good, the love stuff was boring. :zzz: Hope there won't be too much of E2 like that, but what I would like to see from the E2 trailer is more Jedi Starfighters, some gunships actually being deployed, an overall view of the arena and more scenes on Coruscant. :cool:

Co Jo-Da
03-03-2002, 12:55 AM
Well, even if Ice Age isn't a good movie, it won't be nearly as bad as Wing Commander and it had the Episode I trailer attached it... :mad:

Co Jo-Da
03-06-2002, 03:45 PM
There was way too much for my feeble mind to digest, but some of the images that stand out are:
1. Yoda apparently (at least, from what I could glean from the coupla seconds they showed of this scene) catching blue lightening in his hand, holding it and then blasting it right back at its creator. The mighty green midget had a serious Don't F*** With the Master! look on his face while doing it. I'm sure the scene has to do with Yoda's (SPOILER) showdown with Count Dooku at the end. (END SPOILER)

2. A sequence where Anakin and Amidala fall onto a giant conveyer belt. The two are quickly separated, with Amidala having to go through a series of bone-flattening metal pressers, much like a Warner Bros. cartoon come to life, while Anakin is battling buglike creatures with his saber. From the looks of it, this will be intense.

3. Obi-Wan walking through the corridors of Kamino and seeing the clone-development plants.

There's another report over at Aldera.Net:

Throughout the rest of the trailer there are quick little shots of various things.. lots of Geonosis arena stuff.. lots of battle shots.. there's a quote from Bail Organa.. Yoda says "Clouded the future is" or something.. there's a shot of R2D2 flying (with his rockets) through a metal factory on Geonosis (I presume).. There's a cool shot of the Jedi masters watching a hologram of Obi-Wan in which he says "...they're using a bounty hunter named Jango Fett"- then he flashes his saber and starts battling Jango IN THE HOLOGRAM! .. (How !@#$ing sweet is that!?!?)

It’s back to action when a rain-drenched battle between Obi-Wan and Jango Fett (Temuera Morrison) atop the aforementioned floating building is joined in progress. Shots fired by Jango are deflected by Obi-Wan’s light saber. Obi-Wan kicks Jango off of the building only to have the tables quickly reversed, for Jango caught him with his grappling hook; Obi-Wan falls along with him, and soon Jango flies away and literally leaves him dangling. Meanwhile, a very young Boba Fett fires up the ignition on the
Slave-1 ship.

More random quiet—Anakin cruises the Tatooine desert, meets up with some Jawas; Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson) and Yoda have a Jedi-to-Jedi confab—is followed by another elaborate action scene. A bridge retracts from underneath the feet of Anakin and Amidala, and she falls onto the conveyor belt of what appears to be one big factory assembly line. Anakin jumps onto the belt and does his light saber magic on the robots manning the line as well as some malevolent flying creatures. Amidala crafitly dodges a rather large press on the assembly line, only to then get into a struggle with one of the flying creatures, who overpowers her and tosses her into a silo of some sort. More action images—Anakin in a big light saber duel with an unknown figure; Yoda employing some Emperor-like electrical powers—are then capped off with the reel’s final shot, one of a planet or moon as shot from outer space.

Man I just can't wait til Sunday...

Rollo Tomassi
03-06-2002, 04:27 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh man, Co Jo Da!!!! thank you thank you thank you!!!

I remember the "Padme-in-the-press" from one of the 'net vids. She was jumping around on a blue screen like it was hot coals. Either that or she was doing some kind of freaky mambo..;)

AreTwo-DeeTwo
03-06-2002, 04:35 PM
It was not the mambo, but the macarena instead :)

jawaboy
03-06-2002, 05:32 PM
Sorry, but I can't resist from saying it.

It's a potato-masher, am I right Jargo my boy?

ki-adi mundi's bro
03-07-2002, 06:31 PM
i think this one will be the 2 1/2 minute or 3 minute one...anyone know what it's gonna be about?

Co Jo-Da
03-08-2002, 01:48 AM
So much to tell:

Opening shots included large cities reminiscent of the Fifth Element with thousand of transport vehicles shuttling back and forth far above the surface. The buildings were miles high and broke through the mist seen at the base. Amazing craft fly by as we move in and around the cityscape. A quick shot of Anakin leaping through a window to grab hold of a flying droid. He falls for 1,000s of feet through the city. For the first time advertisements can be seen on city walls and overpasses. Large moving panels on the walls advertise unknown products. A sequence shows Anakin and Obi Wan walking into a modern Cantina- like bar. Many strange and wonderful creatures can be seen. We see an amazing shot of ships blasting off from a landing pad and a quick shot of Senator Palpatine walking in his office with the cityscape visible behind him.

We jump to a strange shot of Obi Wan and Anakin eating in what looks like a 50's style diner complete with red and white vinyl seats and a bar and chrome window frames. Jump to R2D2 working as what seems to be a food server in some low-end cafe. Suddenly we see waves crashing and a ship flying low over the surface towards what looks like Bespin but this time it is in a large sea of rough water instead of clouds. Obi Wan walks down a long corridor in this sea city with tall, thin almost A.I. alien looking creatures. We see a shot of 1,000's of similar looking children working at terminals and dozens of similar looking soldiers eating in a mess hall. And for anyone wondering when Stormtroopers would appear- they are here- 1,000's of them. It is an early version of what we are used to for a Stormtrooper but we can see where they are going with the design. Watto makes an appearance on Tatooine with R2 and C-3PO. Anakin and Princess Amidala are seen kissing and walking at a Villa by a lake.

Yoda appears briefly. A fight is seen with the two Fetts and our young Jedi. Obi-Wan's hut on Tattoine is shown and Jawas in front of a large Jawa sandcrawler. Anakin and Amidala must survive a conveyor belt on an assembly line. Another shot of 1,000's of storm troopers from a far. We fly into a city and watch as a ship with a solar sail slows down as it enters the atmosphere of a planet with large city built in circle far below on the surface.

But wait, there's more:

I work for Canoe, a news site here in Quebec (http://www.Canoe.qc.ca, part of Quebecor Media). After reading your article concerning the new trailer not being shown here in Canada I asked some of my collegues to do some investigating on the matter.

They called the CRTC, the Global TV network and they confirmed that the trailer wouldn't be showing next Sunday here in Canada. So we called LucasFilm directly and spoke to Lynne Hale, director of promotion, for some explanation. Although she confirmed the information and explained why, she also told us that the trailer will be available on the Star Wars web site on March 10 as soon as the showing on Fox was on.

Just thought you might want to know this. Seems like we'll have to go and see Ice Age after all:p

So all those out there that can't or don't get FOX, you can download it right after... IT’S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

JEDIpartner
03-08-2002, 08:55 AM
At approximately 7:15 this morning, my friend's dad was messing about with their satellite and intercepted the AOTC trailer as it was being beamed to FOX affiliates! He caught it on TIVO. My friend called me up and played me the audio. She said it looked great! There was a lot of noise and the audio wasn't quite clear over the phone, but it sounded like a lot of blasters and action. She said there were some scenes that looked completely chaotic. She, not being a SW afficiando, could not tell me a lot of what was being seen as she did not know the who a lot of the people were. She DID say that we get to see Artoo jetting around and Yoda on his little hover chair. She did say there were a lot of those "army robots" in battle. :) I probably won't get a chance to see it until everyone else does on Sunday, but I thought I'd let you know that someone who enjoys the movies, but isn't a lunatic like us, thought this was going to be a great film and, in her words, "much, much better than that LAST one!"

Can't wait!!!!

p.s.- nice "blaster to the Jar Jar's head avatar!" ;)

Lord Tenebrous
03-08-2002, 10:51 AM
The new Homing Beacon has some cool summary information on all the trailers:

The Episode II Previews -- By the Numbers:

#1 - "Breathing" Teaser Trailer
Length: 1:07
Release: Nov. 2, theatrically with Monsters Inc.; Nov 5. on starwars.com
No. of Shots: Over 20
Musical Cues: "The Death of Qui-Gon" (Episode I); "End Title" (Episode IV)

#2 - "Mystery" Internet Preview
Length: 1:17
Release: Nov. 9, exclusive to dvd.starwars.com
No. of Shots: Over 50
Musical Cues: "Rescue from Cloud City/ Hyperspace" (Episode V); "Duel of the Fates" (Episode I)

#3 - "Forbidden Love" Teaser Trailer
Length: 2:15
Release: Nov. 15 on starwars.com; Nov. 16, theatrically with Harry Potter and the Sorceror’s Stone
No. of Shots: Over 80
Musical Cues: "Princess Leia’s Theme" (Episode IV); "Duel of the Fates" (Episode I)

#4 - "Clone War" Trailer
Length: 2:30
Release: Mar. 10 on FOX and starwars.com; Mar. 15, theatrically with Ice Age
No. of Shots: Over 100
Musical Cues: "The Pit of Carkoon/Sail Barge Assault" (Episode VI); "The Clash of Lightsabers" (Episode V); "The Forest Battle" (Episode VI)

I like how they're using some interesting new cues for the last one...another DOTF use would've been too much. I just hope casual fans don't hear the Forest Battle theme and associate the Clone Wars with Ewoks. :p

Co Jo-Da
03-08-2002, 12:15 PM
Man soome people have all the LUCK, but great for her...

Co Jo-Da
03-08-2002, 12:25 PM
Obi-Wan says to Anakin after the free fall scene: "Anakin, don't do anything without first consulting myself or the council."
Palpatine to Anakin: "You don't need guidance, Anakin. I see you becoming the greatist of all Jedi."

Anakin is shown floating a ball into his hand using the Force.

Obi-Wan to Mace Windu and Yoda: "His abilities have made him arrogant." Cut to Anakin on Naboo with Padme: "Excuse me. I'm in charge of security here, m'lady." Of course, she looks shocked he said it.

Dooku's Solar sailer is shown flying by a Federation battleship with its sail unfolding. It is a bronze/gold color.

Obi-Wan in Kamino city: "Your clones are very impressive." Jango Fett: "They'll do their job well."

Slave I is shown firing a missile at Obi-Wan's Starfighter. Obi-Wan: "Blast, this is why I hate flying!" The missile then hits an asteroid and smashes in a cool way.

Clone Troopers are shown lined up for battle with Republic Cruisers taking off in the background.

A spider-like vehicle is shown. It has four thin legs and a ball center that fires red laser bolts on Geonosis. Appears to be a Federation design.

The Acklay is shown heading towards Obi-Wan.

The Nexu is shown swiping Padme's back and slicing her shirt.

A three legged walker is shown with a ball center and a cannon.

A four legged vehicle, the AT-TE (obviously the precursor to the AT-AT), is shown walking in battle. This is a Republic vehicle and has Clone Troopers running alongside it.

Several odd wheeled vehicles are shown rolling into battle. It appears to be a Federation vehicle and has two large hoops for wheels with a body in the center. It is shown being blown up by "sidewinder" missiles from the Republic Gunships.

The ball droid control ships (Core Ships) are shown taking off with the four legged vehicles firing on them. The ships really look like ET's ship.

Republic gunships are shown flying very fast over Geonosis firing on the droids and landscapes. By far the coolest ships of the trailer. Green lasers are also shown fired from the ball gunners.

Darth Vader's breathing can be distinctly heard when Yoda says, "Begun, this Clone War has."

Dooku is shown fighting Anakin who has two lightsabers.

Oddly, many of the ships lasers are fired from DISCS like mini Death Star lasers rather than cannon barrels.

Final shot is a circle of about 14 Jedi being surrounded by battledroids and super battledroids in the arena. They all have different colored lightsabers including purple, pink, green, white, orange, and blue colors.

Man is this going to be good or what, Sunday is coming...

JetsAndHeels
03-08-2002, 01:20 PM
Thanks alot for the report, JediPartnr.
Man, I can just feel the anticipation building.
This is going to be a great movie.
It would be cool if a bunch of us SSG members could meet up and see the movie as a group, but I know we could probably never pull it off with everyones jobs and busy schedules.

Co Jo-Da
03-08-2002, 05:34 PM
Here we go, a shot by shot description:

Clone War Trailer, scene by scene shot description
Lucasfilm logo fades up
Music from ROTJ soundtrack "Pit of Carkoon" starts

Screen flashes to bright sun as Padme's Royal Cruiser flys overhead and lands on Tatooine in hangars similar to the one seen in SWSE.

Fade to Arena scene filled with spectators with buzzing Geonosian alienlike sound fx.

Fade to wide angle shot of aiwha over stormy ocean flying off on Kamino

Flying Geonasian swoops down into alien structure.

Fade to daylight shot of Coruscant, various cuts to inside shot of Palpatine's conference room with Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki Adi Mundi, Padme, Dorme, Orn Free Taa
Palpatine dialogue "I will not let this republic be split in two. My negotiations will not fail."
Mace Windu "If they do, there aren't enough Jedi to protect the republic. We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers."

Cut to Coruscant nightclub scene with Obi Wan taking a swipe at Zam Wesell with lightsaber
cut to Anakin running onto yellow speeder
cut to Zam's speeder zooming by Coruscant skyline with Anakin's speeder in hot pursuit, with various shots of Anakin and Obi Wan in speeder giving chase
Obi-Wan "You know I don't like it when you do that."
Anakin "Sorry master, I forgot you don't like flying."
Obi-Wan "Well you've lost him."
Anakin "If you'll excuse me," Anakin hops out of speeder and is seen falling somewhere below
Obi-Wan looks down to where Anakin's fallen "I hate it when he does that."

Cut to Obi-Wan talking to Anakin in Coruscant spaceport, with shots of Anakin and Obi-Wan in the Jedi Council bowing.
ObiWan "Anakin, don't do anything without either consulting myself or the council."

Cut to wide angle shot of Palpatine in conference room with Anakin and then a fuller shot of the conference room as the two are walking
Palpatine "You don't need guidance Anakin, I see you're becoming the greatest of all Jedi."
Cut to Anakin taking a few swings of lightsaber

Cut to Mace, Obi Wan and Yoda in floating chair walking down a hallway on Coruscant.
Mace "The boy has exceptional skills."
Cut to Anakin levitating a ball, Coruscant in background
ObiWan "His abilities have made him arrogant."

Cut to Anakin and Padme on Naboo with another woman.
Anakin looks at Padme, "Excuse me, I'm in charge of security here m'lady."

Solar Sailer zooms across space with Federation Battleship overhead and the sails unfurling. Sails are metallic bronze.

Cut to hologram of ObiWan under windy circumstances
Obi-Wan "They're using a bounty hunter named Jango Fett to create a clone army."
cut to a fallen Jango Fett getting up quickly on Kamino platform taking aim, ocean in background
cut to different shot of ObiWan hologram talking to various people in Palpatine's conference, ObiWan then ignites his lightsaber
dialogue overhead, "Wait"

Cut to various shots of ObiWan and Jango Fett battling it out on Kamino platform next to Slave I.

Cut to Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa talking to Palpatine
Bail "We must stop them before they're ready."
Cut to ObiWan talking to Jango (out of armor) in Tipoca City
Obi-Wan "Your clones are very impressive"
Jango "They'll do their job well"

Cut to asteroid chase scene with various shots of Slave I in hot pursuit of Obi-Wan in the Jedi Starfighter
Obi-Wan "Blast, this is why I hate flying"
Slave 1 launches a missile after Obi-Wan's starfighter
Cut to Palpatine's Office.
Mas Amedda "This is a crisis."
Cut to Jango Fett's missile exploding into asteroid creating shockwave effect with Obi-Wan escaping
Cut to interior of Coruscant senate (from TPM)
dialogue overheard "The senate must vote the Chancellor emergency powers"
Cut to Palpatine in center chamber with Mas Amedda and Sly Moore
Palpatine "As my first act, I will create a grand army of the republic,"
Cut to shot of mass Clone army on Coruscant with Republic Assault ships zooming overhead. Red and yellow trimmed Clone Troopers seen.
Palpatine dialogue cont'd "to counter the increasing threats of the separatists."
Sio Bibble(?) dialogue "There hasn't been a full-scale war since the formation of the republic."
Cut to inside of Naboo throne room with Queen, Padme, Anakin and Naboo high council
Cut to shot of multiple Republic Gunships zooming by Geonosis being fired at

Cut to Count Dooku speaking to Obi-Wan in the levitating restraining cell
Count Dooku "You must join me Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith"
Cut to R2 and 3PO in a tunnel with Geonosians jumping out and confronting them
Cut to Yoda, Mace, Ki Adi in Palpatine's chamber
Yoda "The dark side clouds everything,"
Cut to Geonosian flyers attacking Anakin who uses the Force to push them away.
Cut to overhead shot of Padme in battledroid factory. A bridge pulls out from under her and she falls down onto a conveyor belt
Yoda points toward someone, dialogue cont'd "in grave danger you are."
Anakin with lightsaber in battledroid factory jumping up among Geonosians.
Anakin taking a swipe with his lightsaber at Geonosian.
Padme running on a factory conveyor belt avoiding a large press
R2 flying through factory on bule jets extending from his arms.
Cut to spidery legged droid on Geonosis blasting red lasers with Super battledroids as a fierce battle rages
Obi Wan deflects lasers with his lightsaber, Acklay creature approaching in the background.
Padme swinging chain on Geonosis arena tower, Nexu creature jumps up and swipes her back cutting her.
Fierce battle continues on Geonosis, mass of Jedi with various colored lightsabers battling droid army, explosions, laser fire hail everywhere.
Three legged ball cannon fires as battledroids run by.
AT-TE (precursor to AT-AT) seen walking with Clonetroopers in battle against droid army with rolling droids, smoke, lasers, dust flying everywhere
An odd wheeled vehicle is shown rolling into battle. It appears to be a Federation vehicle and has two large hoops for wheels with a body in the center. It is shown being blown up by "sidewinder" missiles from Republic Gunships.
Cut to Padme firing laser gun in Arena.
Geonosian flyers in arena flying off
Federation Core Ships (like ET's ship) take off as Clone Troopers and AT-TE's fire at it. One Jedi in the group.
Inside the arena, intense battle continues with droidekas firing as camera rolls toward them.
Mace (from entertainment weekly shot) deflecting laser fire from Jango Fett.
Airborne laser fight with Republic gunships swooping in.
Cut to missiles en route to structure which explodes into a massive fireball
Cuts to Episode II logo which emblazons on black screen with Star Wars, Attack of the Clones Logo
Cut to Yoda seated, "Begun, this clone war has." (Darth Vader breathing heard in background.)
Cut to Obi-Wan running, twirling his lightsaber and is blocked by Dooku's red saber.
Cut to lots of droideaks rolling onto Geonosian arena
Shot looking up at Acklay slamming its claw down.
More shots of many Jedi among fierce laser battle on Genonisis
Shot from Attack Gunship swooping down on arena battle.
Cut to Anakin with lightsaber, dueling with Count Dooku with 2 sabers in Geonosis hangar.
Gunship swoops down into arena low over the ground flying laterally blowing away Superbattledroids.
Battledroid explodes.
Shot of Gunship ball cockpit firing green lasers from disc down on battlefield.
Shot of Republic cruisers landing on Geonosis with Gunships swooping by.

Final shot of droids, super battledroids on Geonosis closing in on 14 Jedi who are deflecting laser fire. They all have different colored lightsabers including purple, reddish or pink, green, white, orange, and blue.
Cut to end credits.

Can't wait to see it on Sunday...

chewie
03-08-2002, 06:16 PM
Jeez. After reading theforce.net's spoilers for the new trailer, it sounds as though this one is going to be giving a glimpse of just about every scene in the movie. Lots of action, lots of dialogue.

Pretty cool, if perhaps revealing a bit too many scenes (however short they may be seen).

Co Jo-Da
03-09-2002, 03:43 AM
After reading all the reports, I'm on pins and needles waiting for Sunday. The action is going to be AWESOME and this movie is going to be GREAT...

Jargo
03-09-2002, 07:18 AM
On monday morning, here in the UK we get to see some of it - not all - on a show called GMTV (good morning TV) like they did with the last one. We get to see only part of the trailer...... sorry? part of the trailer? And the point of not showing it all would be...?

I'll attempt to set my VCR for it but I'm so hopeless with technology I'll probably end up recording the open University or something equally moribund. :rolleyes:

Incidentaly, if anyone manages to save the file from SW.com when it goes up there and gets it onto a website somewhere, a heads up would be nice. :) cheers

jawaboy
03-09-2002, 10:52 AM
Jargo, good buddy, I feel your pain with technology. Unfortunately, I have already scheduled my VCR to record the tantalizing week review of British Parliament. Yes, it's an American thing. You wouldn't understand, nor would you want to.

Strangely though, I remember having these same feelings about TPM being a great movie just after seeing the trailers. At least Lardo McCallum put to rest the Gungan and Ewok love ritual scene.

Co Jo-Da
03-10-2002, 02:20 AM
Well it's just a few hours to go until the trailer is released on STARWARS.COM and I wanted to wish everyone good luck in downloading...

Pendo
03-10-2002, 07:27 AM
Well it's just a few hours to go until the trailer is released on STARWARS.COM and I wanted to wish everyone good luck in downloading...

Thanx, I'm gonna need it. My QuickTime likes to play up on me. It will decide to download some things, but not others! I only hope that you can save it to your hard drive cause the last few videos from StarWars.Com won't play on your hard drive!

PENDO!

Dar' Argol
03-10-2002, 09:06 PM
I just saw the trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was great, so much action, so many lightsabers. And a flying R2!!!!!! Arrogant Anakin!!!! Evil Palapatine!!!!!!!! It was so good, I almost har a corinary!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am so happy:D

Dar' Argol
03-10-2002, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place and would be concidered a spoiler. I just got excited and this was the first place I thought of. Moderators, if this is in the wrong place, please move it.
Thanx:D

I'm still happy!!!!!!!!:D

Fulit
03-10-2002, 09:09 PM
The battle scenes look very promising, though, don't they?

Sorry I posted spoliers accidentally earlier.

Dar' Argol
03-10-2002, 09:14 PM
OH YES! The battles look very good. There's gonna be a lot more action in this movie then TPM. Better lightsaber battles I think too. How about Anakin jumping off the edge of the ship and Obi-Wan saying "I hate when he does that"

Dar' Argol
03-10-2002, 09:22 PM
And what about Palapitine's line "I forsee you becoming the greatest Jedi" Is he reveling himself??
:confused:

Battle Droid
03-10-2002, 09:49 PM
"Begun this Clone War has."

Sidiously Darth
03-10-2002, 09:50 PM
Hey Dar, slow down and take a breath before you blow out your motivator!:p

master jedi
03-10-2002, 09:59 PM
This trailer is awesome.:D :D :D

I think I wet myself when I saw it. Does anybody have any depends i can borrow? I promise I'll return them after I'm done with them.:p

Dar' Argol
03-10-2002, 10:00 PM
Sorry, I haven't been this excited since Drew Barrymore(ooohhh hottie:p) broke it off with that git Tom Green, or the PS2 was released. I was just blown away buy this. Luke and Vader were wimps compaired to this kind of stuff. ALTHOUGH, the are both powerful in there own respects(sheesh . . . . .didn't what to start an argument there!)

Dar' Argol
03-10-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
This trailer is awesome.:D :D :D

I think I wet myself when I saw it. Does anybody have any depends i can borrow? I promise I'll return them after I'm done with them.:p

LMAO!!!!! Master Jedi, that is what I said to you when I posted in the polls. Its 2 funny you mention it here!!!!!

"Its a small world after all!"

"We are protectors, not warriors", Mace Windu

derek
03-10-2002, 10:22 PM
well i guess i'll be the wet blanket to throw over this fire, but i wasn't impressed. was i watching a live action film or a cartoon? maybe i can't get that image of sam jackson swing a stick around in a blue screen room, which was transformed into the arena, but the arena scenes looked fake to me.(i know they aren't real as in reality, but it just looked to CGI to me.)

jdmarlow
03-10-2002, 10:24 PM
I noticed in the beginning of the trailer when Palpatine is speaking to the jedi council members, during the cut away when he says "negotiations will not fail" we see two emperor's royal guards (red) in the background. What is this about?

-JD

jdmarlow
03-10-2002, 10:27 PM
During the EPII logo you hear Darth Vader breathing. Interesting, no?

-JD

manji
03-10-2002, 10:29 PM
The acting seemed wooden. The CGI looked fake, especially Padme jumping through the conveyor belt and Yoda. All that I had read had me extremely hyped up about this trailer, but I was very disappointed with the actual footage. I think the prequels are going to go down as one of the worst ideas in history, next to filling hot air balloons with helium.

Dar' Argol
03-10-2002, 10:29 PM
They were in a pic post that JarJarBinks had. Jar Jar, can you direct him???? If not here's the pic:

chewie
03-10-2002, 10:50 PM
My reaction after seeing the trailer once (gonna see it again after typing this).

Pretty cool stuff. All the ships look amazing. The cg work is incredible. When humans are in the scenes however, they do look screened in. I hope this will be worked on before the movie comes out, but its no big deal. You can definitely tell what's cg and whats not.

The asteroid fight has some really nice explosions and particle effects.

As for the dialogue. I didn't mind most of it. Its still the monotone english voices I remember from Episode 1 for most of the characters. Nobody has any "oomph" to their lines like the first trilogy had. Readin' directly from a script and thats about it.

Yoda tho. He doesn't sound or look like Yoda. He looks younger than he did in E1 in some scenes, and older than he did in the OT in others. And his voice is different to boot. Its like he caught a bit of the monotone voice bug with a pinch of scratchiness in his throat as well.

Overall, amazing cg. Better than I had hoped. Standard prequel trilogy acting (sigh), and a weird Yoda. Very good stuff, because I can bear the quibbles I have with it.

Oh, and it looks as though there are only blue and green sabers for the rest of the jedi (except for Mace of course). That final scene at the end of the trailer shows only jedi with green and blue sabers.

Rollo Tomassi
03-11-2002, 12:04 AM
The one impression I got form the trailer is the battle sequence. It looks MASSIVE..

Oodles and oodles of cool new vehicles and droids on both sides. Makes the Naboo invasion look like a playground scuffle. Awesome stuff.

Anakin doing double bladed whupass action was pretty sweet.

Is it just me or does it look like Plo Koon's big mitt with a red saber in Obi Wans first shot after the title? Is Plo the traitor everyone's been wondering about? I seem to remember a rumor from waaaay back that said Plo and Obi Wan go to Geoneosis and Plo gets killed in front of Obi Wan. But what if its a ruse and Plo reveals himself as an agent of the Sith. he's a big enough fan fave to get people riled up if its true.

I didn't see Yoda catching any lighting balls. Did I miss something?

Who's the Jedi Council Member sitting behind Ani and Obi. He's got a big greyish white crest on his forehead, like a maiasaurus.

man, I gots to go back and watch it a few more times to catch more goodies.

mark2d2
03-11-2002, 12:11 AM
I don't know guys.

The CGI stuff looked almost RETRO cgi. Very obvious. Very fake.

And Yoda was, well, strange. Freaky. His face too round and his ears were odd as well. It just didn't look like Yoda.

And ---- as previously said ---- the Acting was wooden. Very wooden.

I had been very excited about this and the film, but Clouded now its future is.

Jedi_Rainman
03-11-2002, 12:13 AM
For anyone who wishes to directly download the "Clone War" trailer, here is the link. Its about 30 MB, but its the biggest and has the highest quality.

http://starwars.apple.com/ep2/clone_war/media/gate/ep2_clone_war_p640.mov

- Jedi Rainman

2-1B
03-11-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by derek
was i watching a live action film or a cartoon?
Yes ;)

Originally posted by Dar' Argol
And what about Palapitine's line "I forsee you becoming the greatest Jedi" Is he reveling himself??

See, there's a good reason why it would be goofy to have Palps be a clone of Sidious. I think the Emperor is already cultivating the seeds of the dark side in Anakin, and how silly would it be if Sidious just pulls the ole switcheroo in Episode III, cheapening the work of his clone ?

How about Sio Bibble? That scene was the closest link to TPM, IMO.

chewie
03-11-2002, 01:24 AM
One more thing. I was thinking I had a deja vu experience when looking at the geonosis war scenes.... The scenery, atmosphere color, and general look of the fights of the droids vs. the clones looks surprising a lot like the alien battle flashback sequences in the Final Fantasy cg movie. Things rushing towards the camera with spiral missile smoke trails flying around.

Pendo
03-11-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
My QuickTime likes to play up on me. It will decide to download some things, but not others!
PENDO!

TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!! TYPICAL!!!!!

PENDO! :cry:

Jargo
03-11-2002, 06:51 AM
Watched on TV this morning. Impressed. Hayden's acting stinks.
Ian McDiarmid is great. Love the geonosians wing sound. Love the design of the Geonosis setting. R2 flying looked crap. Ewan looks impressive and has settled into his role much better. Actually looks like a real movie star. I have to say that Natalie looks fantastic in that Senator outfit that looks african. Battle sequence muddled. Love the V shaped Republic attack craft thought the gunship looked poo. Chris lee looks like he really enjoyed himself and it shows in his facial expression, think he'll be the highlight of the movie. Sio Bibble whinging as usual. Yoda looked - odd....

Going to rewind the VCR and watch it again so i can clarify these ramblings. But overall both myself and my partner were very impressed with this trailer felt quite elated after watching it on a 38 inch screen so I can imagine watching it 20 feet high will blow me away.

Mostly.

Jedi_Rainman
03-11-2002, 06:55 AM
http://starwars.apple.com/ep2/clone_war/media/gate/ep2_clone_war_p640.mov

right click on the link above and choose save as or you can use gozilla or any other download program to get the full trailer of Clone War without going thorugh all the hastle of getting quicktime 5 and then being able to download the trailer, but not onto your computer. This is the large trailer which is about 30MB.

enjoy:cool:

Rollo Tomassi
03-11-2002, 08:44 AM
Ooh! I would...but, yeah. I taped it off Fox and can watch it in 35" widescreen glory with surround sound instead of on a dinky little screen on my PC. Thanks though.

P.S. Are you contributing to the discussions or just plugging your mirror website?

mabudonicus
03-11-2002, 08:58 AM
Oooohhh, Jargos post about deja vu gave me deja vu about the deja vu that coursed through my being last night. I had to watch the trailer with interference so bad I only saw bits of it, and without re-arranging everything, was unable to tape it. Us Canadians got beat by our own crazy Can Con laws (usually not a problem if you like the HIP and Our lady peace,which I don't)
From what I saw it was pretty cool, I especially like how surly Jango comes off.
Anyways, if anyone knows of any rebroadcast on ANY North American shows, please PM me or post it in the just found Canada forum, as I REALLY want to actually see it.
PLEASE!!!!

JetsAndHeels
03-11-2002, 09:22 AM
As I posted in another threat, I really enjoyed this trailer. The scenes with Jango and Obi Wan really intrigued me since I am a huge Fett and Obi Wan fan. I am glad we got to see a little more of the rain duel on Kamino. Cant wait for that.
One thing that really caught my eye though was the "pod racer" type ship that was shown sailing through space and then it seemed to open up a large "fan" type apparatus. That was way cool, but does anyone know what that is?

Rollo Tomassi
03-11-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
One thing that really caught my eye though was the "pod racer" type ship that was shown sailing through space and then it seemed to open up a large "fan" type apparatus. That was way cool, but does anyone know what that is?

It's Dooku's "Solar Sail" ship. I agree, it looks pretty SWEET!

pthfnder89
03-11-2002, 09:53 AM
Didn't one of Lucasfilms Reps say that we would see Yoda "in action" in the latest trailer. I could have sworn that we were supposed to see him in the arena scene or another fight scene, but he's not there.

By "in action" did he just mean that we get to see Yoda flying in his chair and stuff?

pthfnder89
03-11-2002, 10:07 AM
I liked most of what I saw. The designs look great, and I can't wait for the arena scene. I liked most of the CGI too. It was pretty much the same as TPM as far as I'm concerned though.

But I was surprised that this wasn't a very good trailer in most respects. Sure, I liked it because it showed us some great scenes and special effects, but compared to most of the SW trailers, even the last one focusing on the love story, it wasn't well done.

The editing was odd and the music choice wasn't very compelling. The only reason I mention this is because, like I said, most of the recent SW trailers have blown me away. I'm wondering if this one was rushed out faster than those.

Pendo
03-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Have I done something to p*** God off? WHY CAN'T I DOWNLOAD THE TRAILER!!!!!!!!!

I've found out that I can download them from a direct link to the .mov file, and I downloaded the hi-res format but because my computer is rubbish it won't play properly so does anybody have the direct link to the medium-res file?

I NEED TO DOWNLOAD THIS TRAILER!!!!!!!!

PENDO!

P.S. Is it just me or did the Big Breakfast in England say this morning that they would show the trailer, and DIDN'T!!!????

JEDIpartner
03-11-2002, 10:40 AM
I agree with Jargo regarding Mr. McGregor's performance. This is more of the Obi-Wan that I had come to expect. I didn't mind most of what I had seen... rather liked the holo-transmission from Obi-Wan when he gets interrupted by Jango and ignites his lightsaber.

It is true that the people appeared to look inserted into the scenes. I suppose that will be the new problem with all that CGI. Instead of the effects looking pasted on... it will be the people who look pasted on. Oh, well. I suppose you can't have everything.

What do you think...? Will Lucas and company turn all of the OT sequences into pure CGI sequences for the "Ultimate Edition"? I'm afraid he will have to in order to match the visual integrity of the prequel scenes to the ones in the "later" films.

pthfnder89
03-11-2002, 11:04 AM
I honestly don't think he'll go that far.

Jedi Clint
03-11-2002, 11:10 AM
I can honestly say that watching this trailer impressed me. I had no idea that the end battle was going to be of such a grand scale.

I wonder if those of you who dislike the CGI or a real element's (person or otherwise) insertion into it was due to the resolution of your pc and or the trailer you downloaded. I had absolutely no problem with any of the computer generated imaging when I watched the high res. on my pc, but on TV with the fuzz and the lack of resolution, I thought the CGI was lacking definition as well.

Pendo,

Do you have newsgroups? If so then you can find the medium verison as well as mpeg versions of the trailer. I suggest that route as you can save them to disk. I encountered three different high res. .mov versions and only one worked.....it began "FOX......". It might be better if you grab an mpeg for the time being seeing as you are experiencing playback issues. I never have a problem with mpeg playback, but occasionaly I have to reboot to get a .mov to play smooth. Hope that helps.

Also http://www.movie-list.com/s/starwars2.shtml

That site has everything you want and more. I suggest this attempt first. If it has too much traffic, try the newsgroups, and if you don't have the newsgroups........*shrugs*....good luck.

Pendo
03-11-2002, 11:17 AM
Thanx Jedi Clint!!! I might be able to finaly sit back and enjoy the trailer!

PENDO!

Jedi Clint
03-11-2002, 11:21 AM
I hope so Pendo :), and you are quite welcome.

snakeplkn
03-11-2002, 11:33 AM
After watching the trailer, haven't we seen this all before in Episode I?

Anankin and shades of the darkside ...

Massive armies and grandoise battles ...

CGI eye-candy ...

and Sam Jackson forgetting completely how to act!

Plus now the Episode 1 R2-D2 figure can be used for scenes in Episode II.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Bel-Cam Jos
03-11-2002, 11:35 AM
Did I see Anakin fighting with two sabers (red and blue? green?) against someone else with a saber (Dooku?)?

Greats:
Obi-Wan talking with Jango
Seeing the vehicles fighting on the rock planet place
Palpatine's comments throughout
Any saber fighting
Mace Windu's speaking

Un-greats:
Anakin's dialogue :mad:
The weak-looking CGI
The "funny" taglines ("Why I hate flying," after Anakin jumps down, etc.)
No Padme'/Amidala dialogue

Overall: B+

JetsAndHeels
03-11-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by snakeplkn
and Sam Jackson forgetting completely how to act!

Did I read that right? Sam Jackson forgetting how to act?
Are you out of your mind? Can you even count how many movies he has been in?
Sam is going to be badass with his lightsaber and I am looking forward to seeing him in action.

icatch9
03-11-2002, 12:00 PM
I was a kid when the OT came out. I remember seeing them in the theater and of course playing with the toys. The only arguments we had was who got to play with the open belly Taun Taun (I don’t know why we thought that was so cool). The only problems we had with Star Wars was the sabers on the Micro Universe figures kept breaking. But, we were kids and had a blind love for these movies. Now a days it seems (on these forums especially), there is not blind love. This has been a problem Star Wars has faced since the SE came out. Nothing ever ever in this world will ever compare to the way you thought of things when you were a kid. They were the greatest things in the world. Just like how much better Halloween candy tasted when you were a kid. It was so much sweeter because it was a treat. Now that you’re grown up and can by all the candy you want, it sort of loses its “gena se qua”.

I just wonder what would have been said about the OT in these kinds of forums in the 80’s? Would Mark Hammils acting performance be ridiculed for his annoying delivery style? Would the Yoda puppet have been insulted, because he doesn’t blink once when he is in Luke’s backpack on Degobah? Would they have insulted just the idea of the small furry teddy bears defeating the grand Imperial Army? Probably.

These movies are amazing and wonderful, but you can find a fault in all great works of art. We should not be so critical, because these movies still bring joy to our lives and that should not be ridiculed.

Co Jo-Da
03-11-2002, 02:15 PM
I was completely blown away by all the great action this movie is going to have. The CG isn't as crisp as I had hoped to see but I'm happy with it none-the-less. Anakin's lines did seem alittle flat when he was talking to Obi-Wan but than again so were Obi-Wan's in TPM, Anakin seemed more loose when he is talking to Padme in the other trailers. But the star of this trailer wasn't Anakin and Padme falling in love or Obi-Wan training Anakin in the ways of the force, the real star is the crumbling of the Republic and the beginning of the Clone Wars. The action is going to be so AWESOME and I just can't wait to see more of Anakin's force ablities and more of Jango Fett fighting Obi-Wan and more of Jango Fett fighting Mace and more of Anakin with two sabers and more CloneTroopers and MORE AND MORE AND MORE...

Just a little over 60 DAYS to go, I just can't wait, CAN YOU...

badtaste
03-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Hi I'm Dutch and they promised to show the trailer today on the Dutch TV but they didn't, so now I hate my country and move to the states. However, I'm trying to download it from the official site but they ignore my password. I asked a new password but the new one doen't work either. Now I'm desperate and starved like I'm left behind on tatooine. Is there somekinf of mirror on the net so I can still see it.

aaaarg

xboywonder
03-11-2002, 02:33 PM
The weak-looking CGI

Pardon me for saying so... but what are you talking about weak CGI... almost every thread I have read, regarding the new trailer, talks about how poor the CGI is... and how it doesn't look real.

Have you guys ever seen what poor CGI really looks like ??
I have to say that the computer graphics and animation that come from ILM are the greatest I have seen. I don't think most of you realize the work and study it takes to make a character or environment look as real as the ones seen in the new SW trailor.

Your looking at Star Wars vehicles, characters, and worlds that if not for CGI you would not be seeing and would have never seen.

I do realize more so than ever, that Star Wars fans are a bunch of whiny babies... that are never happy. First it was the new toys, now the new trailer. DAMN IT !! This is a NEW Star Wars trilogy... be happy that your getting it, and that some of the most talented computer animators and filmmakers are working to bring it to you...

Co Jo-Da
03-11-2002, 02:34 PM
Sorry for your trouble Badtaste, I had to create a new StarWars user name a few months ago to download the 'Forbidden Love' Trailer but keep at it my friend, it took nearly 4 hours to download 'Clone Wars' and now my life is complete (YEAH RIGHT)...

Jargo
03-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Are you suggesting that I not think for myself? Are you suggesting that I view this film with a Stepford Husband benign happy smile and no thoughts at all other than "MMMMMM shiney...." ? Are you completely off your trolley?

Why the hell can't I speak my mind and say what I feel and think about this movie that movie or the next movie?

Moving on, I watched the whole thing again and again this afternoon and agree that TV makes the CGI look incredibly fake. Haydens acting doesn't get any better with repeated viewing and I thought the same when watching previous trailers so I'm fairly consistent on that one. Ewan looks very sexy with his beard and that Obi twinkle in his eyes. I can see that he's going to be fun to watch this time around. Threepio - It's great seeing Anthony Daniels inside the suit again. Just that glimpse of him flapping around when the Geonosians jump out at them is great. Worth watching the trailer for alone.
I remember reading speculation about the rips in Padmes top way back and someone wrote that she was whipped by a dungeon master.......!!!!??? Big kitty cat goes rippety rip! :) That was nice to see. Loved Anakin leaping from the speeder and freefalling, Obi's quip is so-so but marks some humour creeping in which is nice after the dour fest of TPM. Jango speaking was a bit less gruff than I thought he would be. he sounded civil and pleasant not growly. Maybe he growls only when doing business?

Yoda does seem to change faces in different scenes. But at least his mouth isn't any more mobile than the puppet. Loved the hover 'Timmy!' chair. gives Yoda some new scope to be able to travel. He's not confined to just a small space. Obviously the batteries ran out before he got to Dagobah.....

Palpatine sounds more real this time round. His TPM appearance seemed forced in comparison. He's got some meat to his bones this time although he should have ditched Mas Amedda. That guy annoys me no end. Especially since they changed the actor. This new guy seems fatter and louder and just irritating. Unless that's the idea... Sly Moore looks cool stood to one side of Palpy. Even if she doesn't say anything she just looks so creepy.
Bail organa. Well some may not like Jimmy Smits but I do and I love that he's playing Bail. A good sympathetic character that you can relate to. I really hope his character gets properly used.

Queen Jamillia seems quite cool and not such a puppet as Amidala was. Maybe even more regal and spunky too. What a shame Sio Bibble appears though. UGH!

Geonosis looks very very cool. The arena looks awesome and the general architectural aspects of the Geonosis design seem well thought out. More in harmony with the planet than some other locations. What we get to see of the labrynthine interior of the place looks well spooky, tunnels and caverns and all of that. And then the huge droid foundry all steaming and glowing like hades itself. Wicked!:D I really love these Geonosians now. The sound they make the way they fly the way they hop about, great characters. Can't wait to see Poggle the Lesser now.

The clones do look good all lined up like that and the shot of the assualt craft taking off in the background behingd the clones had my partner and I on the edge of our seats grinning like loons :stupid: Just an awseome sight right now. the battle scenes were great until the big spider droid appeared. The AT-TE walking along on it's stumpy legs was fantastic even if it seemed a little jemmied in. The big rolling donut droids or whatever they wwer looked silly. But tons of superbattle droids massing to attack the clones just sent a thrill right down my spine. hairs stood up on my neck. The gunships whizzing around seemed a little overused to me but the odd shot here and there was fine. Loved the one of the gunship coming into the arena behind some droids.

The Acklay seemed a bit spazzy but it looks better than I imagined it to. I noticed that there was no shot of the Reek. Also no shot of anything from Tatooine or Naboo. That was a little disappointing.

Overall though this trailer delivered the excitement and thrill i needed to get interested again. It fails in part to show what the movie is about but that's LFL's decision. I guess they think everyone saw the other trailers already? That seems a little naive and arrogant. If so.
If I had to rate this trailer I'd give it a B Because as I say, there's stuff that should have made it to the trailer and there's some duff moments I wouldn't be too proud of if it was my movie.

Lord Tenebrous
03-11-2002, 02:47 PM
AOTC Download Archive (http://www.movie-list.com/s/starwars2.shtml)

Co Jo-Da
03-11-2002, 02:51 PM
XBoyWonder, you have very, very good points. For the record I said not as CRISP as I had hoped, that commit was more geared toward my 3 1/2 year old computer. I'm so in love with where the action has been taken for this movie and how beautiful it's coming together...

IT'S TRUELY A GREAT TIME TO BE A STAR WARS FAN...

badtaste
03-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Thanx for the link, my life is almost complete,
I'm downloading it right now!!!:crazed:

mabudonicus
03-11-2002, 03:11 PM
I've seen a few scenes from that godawful "titanic" film from a few years back.
No worries, I somehow taped the trailer by accident, and now I've truly "seen" it, well, if you compare some scenes to others (say the asteroid fight vs some scenes of running geonosians), it just looks like some of the scenes from earlier in the film are a bit more "finished" than others (sorry to whine like a baby, xboy), and from what I remember reading on the official site, the film was being completed in chronological order (for the most part). It makes me believe that some of the hokier looking bits just aren't completely finished. The few seconds of the asteroid battle look AWESOME!!!!
You want REALLY BAD, POINTLESS, STUPID CGI? Go see Spider Man (and if anyone thinks THAT's childlike whining, then you're just plain WRONG) The "metallic, phoney bad guy" trend is just plain awful.
To sum it up, I agree with Co Jo Da. What a GREAT time to be a SW fan!!
PS I agree with what you said, xboy, I just don't like being called names.

Co Jo-Da
03-11-2002, 03:23 PM
GOOD LUCK...

derek
03-11-2002, 04:31 PM
icatch9,

these are DISCUSSION forums. we can't have a discussion if we all blindly agree.

jedi clint,

you're right, the CGI looks better on quicktime. i first saw it on the TV,(satellite)and it looked "fake". i liked it a lot better on my computer, but it still looked fake when humans were on screen. i bet they'll fix this before release.

i still am kind of weary about how good sam jackson is with the saber. from what i've seen he looks a little stiff. i bet lucas didn't screen test his athletic skills.

jargo,

i agree with you 100% about hayden. he dosen't look like much of an actor, and this is wierd because the "media" is giving him a major asskissing after "life as a house". i'm convinced lucas is more of a sorry director than hayden is a bad actor.

and i know jedi have "superpowers", but what is up with anakin diving out of his speder about 500 stories up? the whole concept seems stupid.

Rollo Tomassi
03-11-2002, 04:42 PM
I don't get how you can complain about CGI in a movie that's 99.99%CGI.

"Oh that CGI arena looks so fake. Why didn't they just fly to Geoneosis and shoot on location? The same goes for Coruscant. I can totally tell that those aren't several mile high buildings. and that speeder isn't really floting in mid air. And those lightsabers. Puh-leeze. Who are they fooling? Obviously digitally inserted..."

The "Timmy!" chair. Hee hee. Jargo, you crack me up. BTW, I thought that was the reek that steps on the camera towards the end, but it went by so fast I could be wrong.

What's with Bail's bigass turtleneck? Hellooooo, 70's!!:rolleyes:

Anyway. I thought the trailer was cool and I still want to know who that Jedi sitting behind Ani and Obi is.

Pendo
03-11-2002, 04:49 PM
THANK F**K FOR THAT!!! I'VE FINALY DOWNLOADED IT!!!!!!! :). But to be honest, now I wish I hadn't downloaded it, I am quite disapointed with the trailer. Don't get me wrong, the film looks great, and the battles superb, but I think the CGI is very, very poor. I HATE the new Yoda, totaly fake and doesn't look like the puppet at all. Some of the backgrounds look unrealistic, more like paintings. And the contrast between the real characters and the CGI is bad!!!!
Also, what is with Obi-Wan's talking to himself? "I hate it when he does that," "Blast, this is why I hate flying!" Who the hell is he supposed to be talking to!!!!!?????

Anyway, appart from that, AOTC looks quite promising, but my hopes aren't as high as they were before.

PENDO!

derek
03-11-2002, 05:01 PM
rollo,

why do they fly half way around the world to film exterior scenes in the african desert? wouldn't it be cheaper to CGI that too?
my only complaint is in the arena, the background looked wierd. like it was too CG. the actors seemed like they were pasted on there with an off the shelf software program. they could of easily have done that scene in a rocky, cavernous area, or built it in a stadium or aircraft hanger.

i'm referring to the scene with mace and with padme firing her plaster.

was it just me, or did sio bible sound like sean connery?

Jargo
03-11-2002, 05:05 PM
Pendo, Han Solo was quite keen on talking to himself I seem to recall. he made a few quips to no-one in ANH and ESB and possibly even ROTJ. So it's nothing new nd a quite acceptable form in movie making. It's a mind pause after something dramatic. And Anaking tumbling from the speeder that high up seen at over twenty feet tall is going to be stunning and breathtaking and require a moment for people to take in. Hence the comment.

The line in the starfighter is used in the same way to diffuse a tense moment that could have got too serious. The point of star wars is that it never takes itself too seriously ever. That's not what George set out to do. There's sad moments and scary moments and high tension and drama, but never a totally serious dull dry sci-fi moment like you would in say - 2001 a space odyssey.

the point with the CGI looking fake isn't that the work looks fake, it's that it doesn't match up with the surrounding real sets elements or that the actors go all all fuzzy around the edges when they pass windows like Anakin and Palpy as the converse in Palpy's office.
But as has been stated, this film aint finished and these shots may still be worked upon to give them a high definition edge. But TV definately shows up the difference in media. This could be a resolution issue to do with how TV's and PC's use different refresh rates and scan lines and all that gubbins technowaffle.

Kinda like how you in the states use a different res for tv than us here in the uk so we have to have your tv shows rejigged for our transmitters and they come out looking fuzzy.

Just a few more thoughts... :)

PloKoon2385
03-11-2002, 08:03 PM
What did you see in the trailer? What intrigued you? Hmm... I noticed, even though it was quite obvious, that Yoda was hovering when he was talking with Mace and Ki-Adi I think. I also am starting to wonder about Obi-Wan. I think his parts and lines, from what I can tell are trying to be too humorous. Anakin says, "Sorry Master, I forgot you hate flying." or something like that, and Obi-Wan in another scene says, "This is why I hate flying." I think that is trying to be too cornballish on GL's part. Also, he says "I hate when he does that." ( a standard humor line). I am just sorta wondering if perhaps he is going in the wrong direction with Obi.

Uncle Owen
03-11-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
I was a kid when the OT came out. I remember seeing them in the theater and of course playing with the toys. The only arguments we had was who got to play with the open belly Taun Taun (I don’t know why we thought that was so cool). The only problems we had with Star Wars was the sabers on the Micro Universe figures kept breaking. But, we were kids and had a blind love for these movies. Now a days it seems (on these forums especially), there is not blind love. This has been a problem Star Wars has faced since the SE came out. Nothing ever ever in this world will ever compare to the way you thought of things when you were a kid. They were the greatest things in the world. Just like how much better Halloween candy tasted when you were a kid. It was so much sweeter because it was a treat. Now that you’re grown up and can by all the candy you want, it sort of loses its “gena se qua”.

I just wonder what would have been said about the OT in these kinds of forums in the 80’s? Would Mark Hammils acting performance be ridiculed for his annoying delivery style? Would the Yoda puppet have been insulted, because he doesn’t blink once when he is in Luke’s backpack on Degobah? Would they have insulted just the idea of the small furry teddy bears defeating the grand Imperial Army? Probably.

These movies are amazing and wonderful, but you can find a fault in all great works of art. We should not be so critical, because these movies still bring joy to our lives and that should not be ridiculed.

Exactly!! I can not wait to see the new film...

Owen Out!!

AreTwo-DeeTwo
03-11-2002, 08:34 PM
I saw a lot of great stuff in this trailer. I really liked the vehicles. All the battles look very intense and interesting. The angles were pretty good as well. A really big scope. Visually it is very good.

The acting is a bit stiff especially from Hayden. Some of the lines are dopey. You can really tell the actors are thrown onto the CGI backgrounds. As usual you can tell what characters are CGI. Even LOTR I could tell it.

I am really looking forward to the Slave I chasing Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter in the asteroid chase. Also looking forward to Jango vs. Kenobi on the landing plaform. I liked Padme running through the droid factory crusher or whatever that was. I liked Anakin and Padme on the retractable floor thing. I liked the winged-Geonosians. I liked Anakin using 2 sabers and flipping backwards in the droid factory.

Christopher Lee sounded and looked great as Count Dooku/Tyranus. Very convincing.

By the way I think the CGI Yoda looks great. I have heard a lot of *****ing about how he looks. I don't see the problem there at all.

Even though it's far- fetched I liked Anakin's free fall from the Hot-rod. I am not sure why they want Obi-Wan to not like flying. That
s strange to me.

All in all it looked great. Sure I can complain about little things, but I just remember it's a Star Wars movie and is not supposed to be taken very seriously. I think that is a problem with a lot of people. Just taking this whole thing WAY to seriously. It's really hard to come close to the OT's feel and let's face it that era is gone and not coming back.

I am definitely looking forward to the movie.

PloKoon2385
03-11-2002, 08:42 PM
I just watched it again and you can see Obi-Wan cut off Zam's arm also. I think the reason that I don't like the AOTC Yoda the most is that his color looks different. It is a brighter green than previous. But I still don't mind the Yoda very much.

Darth Yambag
03-11-2002, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by derek
[B]icatch9,

"i agree with you 100% about hayden. he dosen't look like much of an actor, and this is wierd because the "media" is giving him a major asskissing after "life as a house". i'm convinced lucas is more of a sorry director than hayden is a bad actor."

If Anakin is Luke's father and passes his force abilties, Hayden has to act poorly so he can pass his bad acting abilities to his son Mark Hamill. Hayden's bad acting is part of the CONTINUITY. Come on, "think out of the Box".

Besides, I don't think Hayden will be bad, we only see clips that show Lucas forcing hints at Anakin's future. You'd need Tom Hanks to make some of these lines read well...or at least Harrison Ford.

ODOYLE RULES

Lord Tenebrous
03-11-2002, 11:05 PM
It is rather hard to perfect every single aspect in a film that has most likely 2100-2200 FX shots, but what we have so far is really nice. My one complaint is that the interior of Geonosis might be a little too dark. But Coruscant looks beautiful, the Geonosis battle looks bright and gritty, and the other locations really have a sense of atmosphere now.

I don't really care about the acting anymore, because Star Wars is a showcase for ILM and Lucas' other cinematic companies. And if they can pull off a movie that features CG enhancement in almost every scene, then they're doing a good job.

These are just trailers. I've read full scene description that expand on what we've seen, and I love it. A lot of character development, in particular in Palpatine's chamber and between Padme and Anakin on Naboo. This film can be more CGI enhanced because Lucas is upping character involvement. This isn't an EU book where the author can ramble on for a chapter about the color of a planet's landscape - Lucas has four and a half hours to bridge two sagas together, and he's doing it in ways we never imagined.

Keep the saga in register, this is not the OT. This is a new time, a new style of life, and it's falling apart because of one man. Forget it's computer-generated, and start caring about the characters. Forget your silly expectations and your wish lists - this is what happens. It's not perfect, it's not even enjoyable at times. But this is the story, and I for one, am going to watch til the end.

Co Jo-Da
03-11-2002, 11:36 PM
I think Hayden is awesome as Anakin Skywalker but I also think that is lines in this trailer were really flat, they weren't in the other trailers. But keep mind Obi-Wan was really flat in Episode I, so I blane it on the Master/Padawan relationship or bad writing:eek:.

As for all the talk about bad CG, I've watched this trailer a half-dozen times now and I'm getting more and more impressed with the scale and detail of the effects.

THIS MOVIE RASIES THE BAR IN CGI AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FULL FILM...

mark2d2
03-12-2002, 12:25 AM
How can we argue about CGI Rollo? Well let me tell you . . .

This may be the very top of the line as far as CGI goes, but it still looks FAKE. The Star Wars universe looks about half as real as it did 25 years ago. Not exactly what I call progress.

In shot after shot it looked as if the Actors had been dropped into A BUGS LIFE. Then there's Yoda. I watched ESB today and let me tell you, the puppet looked a million times better. There are so many subtle nuances in the folds of that rubber face.

The Acting aside from Ewan and Ian was wretched. (Note: Natalie did and said very little, so the verdict is still out on her.) I am a huge fan of Samuel Jackson -- by far the most talented black actor working today -- but sadly he is not very good in either the trailer or the Phantom Menace. Something is missing in his performance.

Hey, I thought Hayden was pretty dang good in My Life as a House --- and was thrilled to be rid of Jake Lloyd at last. And he is beautiful to look at -- something that is not at all lost on me. But he is shockingly bad in scene after scene. Especially when he gets all Haughty with Amidala. His line readings are just horrible. Infinitely worse than anything Mr Hamill ever did.

Maybe it is Lucas. Performance after performance was just people saying words. Another example is the new Mas Amedda. Why did the recast the guy anyway? And if he was unavailable why not just create a new character? It wouldn't have been that odd for a new guy to be in place.

Do you sense much fear in me? Clouded this film's future is.

snakeplkn
03-12-2002, 12:44 AM
Have to agree with Mark, Hayden and Sam Jackson are lacking in their acting.

"We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers."

"Excuuuse me ... I'm in charge of security."

I've seen high school films come out with better emotion. I have no idea why Jackson is just going through the motions in what should be a highlight of his career while Hayden has shown shades of Jake Lloyd with no delivery. We can only hope the best is yet to come.

By the way, I always thought it was C-3P0 who hated space travel, not Obi-Wan. I didn't hear Obi complaining back in Episode I or IV.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

pthfnder89
03-12-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
The Acklay seemed a bit spazzy but it looks better than I imagined it to. I noticed that there was no shot of the Reek. Also no shot of anything from Tatooine or Naboo. That was a little disappointing.

Actually there IS a shot of Tatooine. It's one of the very first shots of the Queens starship landing in Mos Espa. It's really not much though, so you're right that there aren't any real "scenes" from Tatooine in the trailer.

Still, I thought it was neat that they show the docking bays that are exactly the same as the ones in Mos Eisley in A New Hope. I love those little details.:)

Darth Ovori
03-12-2002, 05:20 PM
Well been very busy and only today I've actually been to get on the net, but having a real hard time trying to find the new trailer on Mpeg...

Can someone please help...

pthfnder89
03-12-2002, 05:22 PM
Try www.trailersworld.com Darth Ovari. I dled it from there yesterday.

Beast
03-12-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
Well been very busy and only today I've actually been to get on the net, but having a real hard time trying to find the new trailer on Mpeg...Can someone please help...
Your request is granted: http://www.movie-list.com/s/starwars2.shtml

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
03-12-2002, 05:46 PM
Thanx guys...

chewie
03-12-2002, 06:00 PM
CG does not look real on screen yet because even though they have faked practically everything in reality, including motion blurs, it still doesn't animate the way real objects do. Though its incredibly close, IMO. Muscles under skin, skeletal movement, its all being emulated, but not to the degree in which its done in life. Things still look and move a bit too smoothly compared to how real life motion works out.

Jargo
03-12-2002, 07:10 PM
because pixels are blocks of colour a CGI image can only ever be a block of colour next to a block of colour. Even idf those pixels are blended they will never achieve the opacity of skin or hair or real tissue. The CGI characters look best when they are supposed to be leathery or have harder scale like skins. Yoda looks a little too 'dry' and not like a fleshy being with moisture in his skin and blood flowing. The human face shows different colours depending on which emotion is being displayed as ina blush or anger or illness. CGI can't achieve those subtleties. CGI can emulate the look of a machine but can only be moved where an animator places it. Whereas a stop motion model is physically placed like the AT-AT was and therefore has a more real feel about it. It physically moved and was solidly grounded. CGI is just floating layers that are manipulated. It has no solid grounding which is why CGI actors appear to float above the surface as JarJar did in episode one and the droids and AT-TE's do in AOTC. It's further compounded by the use of so much artificial background. The lighting is artificial and never matches the fall of light onto the actors who were filmed on the bluescreen stages. It might come close but it will always look like layered imagery.

Still, It looks a damn sight better than traditional cell animation like Who framed Roger Rabbit. Bob Hoskins though coped an awful lot better because he had real sets to play in whereas the AOTC actors only had a sea of blure and the scope of their own imaginations. It's a lack of imagination on the actors part that gives a bad reading of the script or a bad performance. Maybe that's how Robin Gurland shouls have aproached the casting sessions rather than pick a pretty boy with twinkly blue eyes to take the lead role. Being able to make googly eyes at a woman and look sultry and moody doesn't qualify you as an actor just as a good casanova.

Am I being b*tchy toward Hayden? Maybe. Ewan had problems with episode one and it showed. He's got the hang of it now and it shows. Hayden is a newcomer and although it's a shame he'll stink in this movie acting wise he does have some pretty sharp moves down. And he is a pretty boy. At least one of the qualities needed in a star. By episode three he should have improved his bluescreen acting technique too. he'll be older and wiser, more experienced as an actor. It's the next movie he has to shine in. It would be unforgivable if he was a stinker in episode three. I have faith in him to a degree but there's always room for failure....

Incidentally, George doesn't seem quite convinced about Hayden either. In an interview recently George is quoted as saying something like 'Hayden tells me he can play the transition from Anakin to vader, we'll have to wait and see' Or something like that. It gave me a sense that George has reservations about whether or not he backed the right horse. But I guess he's right, we'll have to wait and see.

Dar' Argol
03-12-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
Try www.trailersworld.com Darth Ovari. I dled it from there yesterday.

HELP!!!!!!!!! I downloaded the trailer from this site but I can't see it. I play it on my quicktime viewer and all I get is sound, not picture:cry:. Can someone help me please . . . . . I'm going through withdraw

Lord Tenebrous
03-12-2002, 11:47 PM
Sound, no picture...are you using Quicktime 5? That was my problem with the first trailer...my Quicktime links were all messed up, and it was trying to open from the earlier versions, which I then cleaned out. Make sure your associations are with the latest version.

One thing bugging me. Jango Fett. I really wanted this to have the Oriental pronounciation. Like Jong, said like "Yong". Yawn-go Fett. Ah well. *sigh*

Dar' Argol
03-13-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Sound, no picture...are you using Quicktime 5? That was my problem with the first trailer...my Quicktime links were all messed up, and it was trying to open from the earlier versions, which I then cleaned out. Make sure your associations are with the latest version.

I thought I had QT5. I downloaded the update from the net. . . . . . but you know, the more I think about it, I had a problem. When it told me to rebot to finish installation, I rebooted and then got an error message. *sigh* Looks like I gotta download the standalone version(dreading hour+ download):(

pthfnder89
03-13-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
One thing bugging me. Jango Fett. I really wanted this to have the Oriental pronounciation. Like Jong, said like "Yong". Yawn-go Fett. Ah well. *sigh*

"Yango"? *shudders*
SW fans would have clubbed Lucas for that one.... :D

jawaboy
03-13-2002, 07:48 AM
Hmmm...how about Bilbo Fett or Frodo Fett...er, nevermind...