PDA

View Full Version : Prequel Sullustan: Anyone know who this is?

Cane_Adiss
02-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Discovered this pic recently of a Sullustan who appeared in one of the prequel movies. I don't know where to spot him or even which movie he appeared in. I think it would be cool to get an action figure of this guy someday. Does he have a name? Can anyone tell me anything about this guy?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Jesus, that looks scary. The nose and small lips make him look too far off from a Sullustan. At any rate, the quality of the image leads me to believe he's from AOTC or ROTS, not TPM. Maybe the streets of Coruscant? I actually have no idea. Maybe somebody who has the Chronicles book can help you out.

Phantom-like Menace
02-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Sorry, can't help, but it is cool to see a Sullustan was in the prequels. I've always liked Sullustans.

mtriv73
02-10-2009, 04:10 PM
His name is Leahcim Noskcaj. In his youth, he was a famous a pop singer on Sullust with his brothers the Noskaj 5. When he got older he released some solo work and became famous throughout the inner rim. Unfortunately, he got addicted to plastic surgery to preserve his youthful appearance. He sort of went overboard and ended up looking fairly grotesque. Also, Leahchim was implicated in some scandals (never technically proven) involving some younglings. He was in the bar in AOTC celebrating both the release of his latest album and settling a case out of court.

El Chuxter
02-10-2009, 04:25 PM
I'd rather have a figure of one of his siblings. I think Otit has the best hairdo. Tenaj might be a little too risque for Hasbro to release.

mtriv73
02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
I'd rather have a figure of one of his siblings. I think Otit has the best hairdo. Tenaj might be a little too risque for Hasbro to release.

When the J-17 holo-outfits were first released, Tenaj was one of the first to get one. Unfortunately, she had a wardrobe malfunction that ended her career and the lives of 4 of her roadies.

DarkJedi5
02-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Databank says that Sullustans only appear in Eps I, II, and VI. So that aught to narrow it down. I aggree with JabbaJohnL, it's probably AOTC so Coruscant streets or maybe the senate? I guess he could also be on the peasant transport....

Jargo
02-11-2009, 05:58 PM
AOTC Outlander club, he was, or rather his head was, digitally swapped for another of Pablo Jill's species. can be seen in those sneak peek production photos that the official site ran but not in the movie. he's only in two shots. one medium and one overhead long shot. no joke.

it's the bit where Anakin is pushing through the crowd by the bar looking for Zam.

2-1B
02-11-2009, 09:13 PM
I didn't recognize Nien without his hat (in my own world, I am going to think of him as Nien Nunb).

Cane_Adiss
02-12-2009, 08:20 AM
His name is Leahcim Noskcaj. In his youth, he was a famous a pop singer on Sullust with his brothers the Noskaj 5. When he got older he released some solo work and became famous throughout the inner rim. Unfortunately, he got addicted to plastic surgery to preserve his youthful appearance. He sort of went overboard and ended up looking fairly grotesque. Also, Leahchim was implicated in some scandals (never technically proven) involving some younglings. He was in the bar in AOTC celebrating both the release of his latest album and settling a case out of court.

Wow that's funny. The Star Wars Michael Jackson! Genius.

Cane_Adiss
02-12-2009, 08:25 AM
AOTC Outlander club, he was, or rather his head was, digitally swapped for another of Pablo Jill's species. can be seen in those sneak peek production photos that the official site ran but not in the movie. he's only in two shots. one medium and one overhead long shot. no joke.

it's the bit where Anakin is pushing through the crowd by the bar looking for Zam.

I wonder why they would go through all the trouble making a mask, and then go through even more trouble digitally replacing it? That seems wasteful to me. What's wrong with having a Sullustan on the streets of Coruscant?

Anyway, that's pretty interesting. Thanks Jargo! I wish they'd have given him a name.

Jargo
02-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Dammit! I was wrong. that's what you get from going on memory alone.

The Sullustan you posted isn't the one from the outlander or the Coruscant to Naboo refugee transport ship. however I have found the Outlander Sullustan and the Refugee one. No idea on names for any of them but they all have distinctly different costumes.

I think your sullustan may well be a coruscant street extra. I'll have to check the zam wessell crash to see if he's in the crowd shot there.

Cane_Adiss
02-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Dammit! I was wrong. that's what you get from going on memory alone.

The Sullustan you posted isn't the one from the outlander or the Coruscant to Naboo refugee transport ship. however I have found the Outlander Sullustan and the Refugee one. No idea on names for any of them but they all have distinctly different costumes.

I think your sullustan may well be a coruscant street extra. I'll have to check the zam wessell crash to see if he's in the crowd shot there.

Neat pics! Thanks for the info. I didn't know there were more than one Sullustan in the prequels. It would be nice if some were more prominently featured and given names. I think the redesigned mask looks interesting and would like to get one in action figure form someday.

Slicker
02-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Dammit! I thought it was the only figure I've been waiting for: Bu Ttsechs!

Jargo
02-12-2009, 11:11 AM
*raises quizzical eyebrow*

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Geez, I had no idea the Jacksons had such Star Warsy reversible names.

2-1B
02-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Everything is reversible, Skirt Idej. :)

Jargo
02-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Skcirt Idej surely?

2-1B
02-15-2009, 08:48 PM
It's the opposite of Luuke, instead of adding a letter we need to delete one.

Jargo
02-15-2009, 10:30 PM
and add random apostrophes and hyphens.

JEDIpartner
02-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Discovered this pic recently of a Sullustan who appeared in one of the prequel movies. I don't know where to spot him or even which movie he appeared in. I think it would be cool to get an action figure of this guy someday. Does he have a name? Can anyone tell me anything about this guy?

That's Michael Jackson, actually. :whip:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2009, 03:27 PM
That's Michael Jackson, actually. :whip:
Welcome to the fourth post in the thread. :p

Darth Jax
02-16-2009, 10:05 PM
if neither John or Jargo know who it is, i'm thinking that he didn't make in onto the screen.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2009, 11:28 PM
if neither John or Jargo know who it is, i'm thinking that he didn't make in onto the screen.
Ha, I think so too. :p

Jargo
02-17-2009, 09:08 AM
I haven't really checked the official site for those fan created backstories databank entries. I got frustrated with them as names given to characters in print material at the time of the movies release kept getting changed. There's a guy with a blog there called something like sompeetelay who does really good research on this kind of stuff.

Slicker
02-17-2009, 09:11 AM
if neither John or Jargo know who it is, i'm thinking that he didn't make in onto the screen.It's sad but that's pretty much how it is here.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-17-2009, 01:18 PM
It's sad but that's pretty much how it is here.
Yer just jealous of my skillz. :D