PDA

View Full Version : What do you still want?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2009, 04:33 PM
While watching the movies a few weeks ago, something struck me - there weren't a ton of characters left that jumped out at me as absolutely needing to be made. Cliegg was a big one, and they can always remake older figures with better sculpting and/or more articulation - but what else do you still want to see out of the line before 2018? Where do you draw the line between "I want that" and "that's unmade, so go make it"?

For me, off the top of my head, I'd like to see:
*the rest of the pod racers (Mawhonic was at the top of the list but he seems to be coming this year)
*the rest of the Jedi from the arena who survive until the clones come (many of whom are coming in those Target packs)
*Cliegg Lars
*the rest of Padmé's outfits
*Palpatine in his duel robes
*the rest of the cantina patrons
*the rest of the Jabba's palace denizens (though there aren't many)
*every astromech droid seen on-screen, as build-a-droids or whatever
*resculpts of the main characters that don't completely suck (Tatooine Luke at the top of the list)
*Cloud Car

Along with many of the new characters seen in The Clone Wars, and the clones from that show as well. What about the rest of you?

mtriv73
02-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Oooh I love lists...:love:

Specific Stuff:
3-3/4" scale Tie Defender
All of the Yavin Rebel pilots with their astromechs
Improved AT-AT
Improved AT-ST
A definitive ROTJ Luke
A C3P0 that can bend his elbows and knees
A new R2 with the R4 G9 sculpt a no chrome dome.
A few more Padme's in the more notable outfits. Many of the Ep1 ones need to be redone.

Some EU pilots (with their astromechs: since I love droids) (Jaina Solo and her R9 would be a great 2-pack)

A Stealth X (even if it's Titanium scale but I don't want a regular X-wing painted black.)

General stuff:
Never to see another nemoidian warming the pegs again.
An end to Saga legends-since it obviously isn't keeping the price down
A continuation of the comic packs: there's some good work going on here and it's bringing things I never thought I'd see.

Rik Duel
02-11-2009, 05:16 PM
I just bought the excellent new Ben Kenobi and passed on Pons Limbic, and I had two scary realizations at once: "This is the last time I will ever buy an Old Ben" and "I don't need a figure of every obscure character, that's insane!". It's a weird feeling after years of compulsive collecting. The big Falcon is great and the there's some good stuff already announced for this year. If they do a definitive Jedi/Tatooine/Bespin Luke, Bespin Han, Qui-Gon and General Lando...I think I'm done! What am I supposed to do with myself now?

bigbarada
02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
I lived through a cancellation of the Star Wars line in 1986 and I specifically remember a very short list of figures that the Kenner line felt incomplete without (removable helmet Vader, ROTJ Chewbacca, Stormtrooper who could actually turn his head, etc.).

So I kind of think of this in those terms. If I had just found out that the line was being cancelled and there would never be another Star Wars figure after Legacy wave 7, then who would the line feel incomplete without?

For me:

1. Skiff Guards! - at the very least Kithaba, Vedain and a new SA Weequay. At least fill out the prisoner Skiff with some actual Skiff Guards from the prisoner Skiff.
2. SA Gamorrean Guard
3. SA Admiral Ackbar
4. Grey Leader Y-Wing Pilot
5. ROTJ Jabba the Hutt (with throne and dais)
6. Wooof
7. SA TIE Fighter Pilot

Vehicles:
1. AT-AT - all-new, bigger, better and badder
2. TIE Fighter - get rid of the remaining inaccuracies on the current toy and release the ultimate TIE Fighter with electronic lights and sounds.

Jargo
02-11-2009, 05:22 PM
brevity being best:

All remaining Cantina patrons,
All remaining Jabba's palace courtiers and guards,
All remaining Residents of Mos Espa/Mos Eisley/Toche station/Anchorhead,
New landspeeders/swoops
Jabba's sail barge,
Modified and larger desert skiff
Imperial landing craft,
Dash Rendar's Outrider BMF scale,
Womp rats, Scurriers, Dwarf Nuna's, Worrts
Krayt dragon, Schinga skeleton,
Jerba, Ronto, Eopie
Sarlacc without the hideous plastic vacuformed surround.
An end to all the clown wars crap.

bobafrett
02-11-2009, 05:57 PM
A TK-523 figure, every house should have one! (self promotion in motion)

El Chuxter
02-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I can agree with everything else said, but I'd most want:

Teek
Jaxxon
Ackmena
a frigging place for Jabba to sit

Devo
02-11-2009, 07:27 PM
These forums have been starved of new threads, cheers JabbaJohn.:thumbsup:

Theres still tonnes from the OT I'd want. I've given up on the PT and EU. For me any backgrounder Hasbro make is top priority. Firstly because I am a diorama builder and the bulk of characters in most scenes are background AKA non-core characters. They are the diversity of the Star wars universe and I'm grateful to Hasbro for producing them - their ilk would never be considered in any other toyline. Secondly these backgrounders tend to be Hasbro's best work. Contrary to popular opinion I think the new ANH Ben Kenobi is yet another disappointing core character figure. The softgoods and ball-joint neck look to be poor as usual. I'm buying it for the table but that is all. So its the background characters where I have most confidence in Hasbro. That said, I want as many as they're willing to put out, even down to ICMG and basic mos eisley denizens.

Areas of particular focus that I'd like:

Cantina - happily Hasbro love this scene and if we're getting Danz Borin we're probably going to get everyone! Bom Vimdin, the saurins and an Evazan resculpt are surely guaranteed - hopefully more tables and the drink dispenser to come. Pity about the too-small curved sections of the bar though - that was a stupid, yet predictable, error on hasbro's part.

Yavin IV rebel base - technicians, pilots, CMDR Willard, Dodonna's aides, medal-bearers, hangar bay props and set dressings, vehicle energiser etc

ANH Princess Leia - based on the medical frigate figure but using SG material from ROTS Agen Kolar (won't happen for reasons unknown to me), and with a human neck and jawline.

Farmboy Luke - Lets try again, SA but with a sculpted outfit - no softgoods.

tattoine R2-D2 and C-3PO - appropriate paintjobs and restraining bolts

Tantive IV - large vehicle

Echo Base - deck officers, tauntaun handlers, pilots, astromechs, control room personel, control room computers&chairs, tactical screens

Hoth Leia - the non-giraffe variety and absolutely no soft goods.

Bespin Han - An Entirely New Sculpt! No VOTC! No anorexia, no caveman face, no softgoods jacket

SA Bespin Escape Leia - ideally just reuse POTJ head

Lando calrissian - please try again, keep VOTC legs but redo from waist up, use POTJ head.

Medical frigate Luke - all I'll say is "Can we have a proper one please?"

AT-AT - large vehicle
Star Destroyer - large vehicle
Rebel Transport - large vehicle
Echo base troop transporter

Darth Vader - pretty please can we have just one with a 'neutral pose' cape sculpted to modern standards. Do they really all have to have softgoods??

Skiff guards - require more attention than jabbas palace, nevertheless..

jabbas palace - we have most of the main aliens but I still want the ishi tibb, the snaggletooth, yoxgit the ugnaught, the alien in the jedi robes, a new gamorrean, the dungeon droids, any skiff guards human or alien...oh and Jabba.

Rebel briefing - pilots, Ackbar&his calamari aides, fleet officers (madine's outfit), Mon Mothma's aides, hologram operator, nien nunb.

Emperor Palpatine - it should be simple - look at POTF2 and redo it to modern sculpting standards. Soft goods are an absolute no-no. They just don't work - least not the way Hasbro have been doing them. But at the same time lets not have a repeat of saga or the new monkey head Emp.

Remaining Imperial Dignitaries - sculpted robes. No softgoods - the others were sculpted so, for consistency sake, these should be sculpted too. Also because softgoods blow.

ewoks - consistently great figures. Lets have more.

BMF AT-ST
BMF desert Skiff
new speeder bike
Jabba's Sailbarge - Large vehicle

TeeEye7
02-11-2009, 07:39 PM
A TK-523 figure, every house should have one! (self promotion in motion)

I'll take a dozen! :thumbsup:

Droid
02-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Lots I would buy, but before the line goes, I'd like:

Kitster, Wald, AOTC Owen, AOTC Beru, Cliegg, Emperor from annoucemet of the Empire, Ranat, Tonnikas, Bom Vimdin, Saurin, Black Bespin Guard, Lumat, Warok, Sim Aloo, Taym Dren-Garen (shot Luke), Sgt. Doallyn, Shasa Tiel (Palace Ishi Tibb), and Palace Klaatu.

Snowtrooper
02-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Dr. Evazan-This one tops my list. We really need a proper version, not some kitbash.

Admiral Piett-This one is long overdue for a resculpt.
Imperial Officers-In various outfits(black slacks, white jacket...etc)

Emperor Palpatine-Made similiar to E1 Sidious

Bespin Han
Clieg Lars-With hover chair of course.
Cantina aliens/people-No matter how obscure and even concept ones.
Jabba's Palace aliens/people-Any are welcome.

I'll think of some more later.

bigbarada
02-11-2009, 10:21 PM
To add to my list:

SA Bespin Han
SA Hoth Leia
SA See-Threepio (ditch the vac-metalized coating)
Chukha-Trok
Kaink
Teek
SA Cantina Band Member (with all five instruments and a stool)

never_ending_fett
02-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Cantina Aliens and humans...all of them...every single one! Resculpts of the bad ones too please! 9000 Z001 Landspeeder: The Vehicle outside the cantina. I can do without them making proper curved pieces of the bar or the drink dispenser/distillery, but wouldn't mind having it if the did make it.

After all that, i'm cool with anything, but the cantina is my priority.

darthbooger
02-11-2009, 11:51 PM
a trash compactor monster to go in a huge deathstar playset would be cool

Slicker
02-12-2009, 12:15 AM
I want everyone to stop complaining about every figure that comes out even though they're better than 95% of the other toys on the shelves. So what if you can't move his feet. Odds are you're gonna put in a shelf a let it collect dust.

With that said my wants:

*I want every possible obscure figure in the movies

TheDarthVader
02-12-2009, 01:14 AM
a trash compactor monster to go in a huge deathstar playset would be cool

I thought they already made this...? It is called a dianoga. One half of him was in the walmart exclusive compactor set and the other half was in the other set. Correct me if I am wrong.

I agree with:
*Palpatine in his duel robes
*the rest of the cantina patrons
*the rest of the Jabba's palace denizens (though there aren't many)
*every astromech droid seen on-screen, as build-a-droids or whatever

Plus:
*any more important or interesting jedis
*all of the important (screen time) rebel pilots I love pilot figures!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2009, 01:42 AM
I think in the next week or so I'll start working on a more comprehensive want list, based in part on my original post here. I also want more of the pilots, as TheDarthVader said, which should be pretty easy with the great new bodies they've recently made - especially a new ROTJ Y-wing pilot and Grizz Frix. Hell, you know, they could actually put the black Endor trooper's head on the Rebel pilot body and include Jon Vander or Hobbie Klivian's helmet, though the trooper is a little pudgier than Grizz. But, yeah, they already did the dianoga and it's fine enough for me.

pbarnard
02-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Brianiac wants Pants!!! Solomon Grundie wants pants, too!!! Oh, not a cartoon network comercial?

Dr Evazan and Ponda Bopa that aren't PotF2 reworks/kitbashes. Human cantina patrons that are possible. Likewise for Jabba's palace.

Qui-Long Gone
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
1. Skiff Guards! - at the very least Kithaba, Vedain and a new SA Weequay. At least fill out the prisoner Skiff with some actual Skiff Guards from the prisoner Skiff.
2. SA Gamorrean Guard
3. SA Admiral Ackbar
4. Grey Leader Y-Wing Pilot
5. ROTJ Jabba the Hutt (with throne and dais)
6. Wooof
7. SA TIE Fighter Pilot

Good list! :thumbsup:

I'd also like a dianoga (trash compactor) :thumbsup:

DarkJedi5
02-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Hasbro wowed me with a Rancor, how about a dewback and tauntaun refresh too? I wouldn't mind a great Bantha and Ronto, but they aren't priorities since the ones we have are passable.

never_ending_fett
02-12-2009, 12:53 PM
A new dewback would be nice...

Cane_Adiss
02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Oh boy. Pretty much all the figures I have listed in my signature I want to own before the line ends. None of them are too out of the question IMO. There are many more that I want to see done, but I've prioritized these extremely "niche" characters because I know they will need alot of support to ever get made. As for Jocasta Nu and Ben Quadinaros (who are reportedly at the "bottom of Hasbro's barrel") I think they will be made eventually based on the strength of overall collector demand and thus don't make my list.

Top Twenty Most Wanted Figures Before the Line Dies:

1. Cane Adiss
2. Mon Calamari Dancer
3. Leesub Sirln
4. Loje Nella
5. Revwien (Ron Cobb concept - see my icon)
6. Kal'Falnl C'ndros
7. Jess
8. Guri (red/gray dress from comics and Decipher card)
9. Utris M'toc
10. Ket Maliss
11. Veedaaz Awmetth
12. Rogwa Wodrata
13. Eeusu Estornii
14. Edcel Bar Gane
15. Senator Grebleips
16. Wam Lufba/ Attark (2-pack would make sense for these)
17. Aurra Sing (resculpt)
18. Yarael Poof (resculpt)
19. Fi-Ek Sirch (resculpt)
20. Cruissemissile Trooper (upgraded to modern line's standards)

sebillba
02-13-2009, 05:54 AM
Like most people, I want more Cantina patrons and Jabba's denizens, but I don't need every human or background prop puppet - I'm not even bothered about getting the Tonnikas. I guess my main wants can be broken down as follows:

Cantina: Bom Vimdin, the Saurins, Baniss Keeg, Reegesk, SA Ponda Baba and a decent resculpt of Dr Evazan.

Jabba's Palace/Skiff: Ishi Tibb, Yoxgit, Geezum, Kithaba, Wooof and the vintage Nikto.

Bespin: SA Han, Utris M'toc.

Endor: the rest of the vintage Ewoks, Teek.

Podracers: Ratts Tyrerell, Clegg Holdfast, Neva Kee, Ben Quadinaros... maybe a couple of others, but most of the character designs are too lame. (Ben Q is too cartoony really, but is one the more prominent characters from this scene.)

Rodians: Wald, Onaconda Farr, and any other rodians that aren't just Greedo with a different name.

Lars Family: Owen and Beru are already confirmed, so that just leaves Cliegg (with chair, obviously).

But tbh, if the line ended tomorrow, my collection would always feel incomplete without the following 3 figures:

1) Bom Vimdin
2) Utai (preferably a 2-pack)
3) Tatooine Luke - SA, no softgoods, and a decent non-scene specific sculpt

Sinscia Fat'o
02-13-2009, 02:09 PM
a certain two sisters from ANH who will NEVER be made. . .

Guri from Shadows of the Empire, or Shadows part 2, i just want Guri.

ANH Luke Skywalker that is Sa, can stand on his own, great soft goods, a basic ultimate version of this figure.

ANH Leia, same thing as Luke, a awesome figure!!!

ESB Bespin Han Solo, soft goods jacket, and SA.

Exar Kum, Ulic Qul Droma, Nomi Sunrider, Mandalore, and the rest of the TOTJ cast.

SA C-3P0 OT, TPM, and AOTC...

Krayt Dragon!!!

Legacy of the force Novels Wave, Jacen as a sith, Jainia as a Mando, Luke as the head of the council, Han as a Mando, GAC Trooper, Retired Wedge, and Tenel Ka, with Jacen's baby!

El Chuxter
02-13-2009, 02:31 PM
To quote Paul Stanley (or Bob Dylan, if you want to sound a little more highbrow), I want you.

Devo
02-13-2009, 03:07 PM
a certain two sisters from ANH who will NEVER be made.

When Hot toys can't get actor licenses they put generic faces, often with moustaches, on their figures - notably the Aliens colonial marines, Kane astronaut and possibly even Dutch (schwarzennegger) from predator (though hopefully bloody not). Is there a reason Hasbro can't do this - maybe not give them moustaches but just ensure (deliberately for once) that they look nothing like the actresses!

pbarnard
02-13-2009, 03:21 PM
When Hot toys can't get actor licenses they put generic faces, often with moustaches, on their figures - notably the Aliens colonial marines, Kane astronaut and possibly even Dutch (schwarzennegger) from predator (though hopefully bloody not). Is there a reason Hasbro can't do this - maybe not give them moustaches but just ensure (deliberately for once) that they look nothing like the actresses!

Hasbro could do it, but then the question becomes would LFL sign off on it.

Droid
02-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I honestly do not understand why they do not put two current people in the Tonnikas outfits, makeup, and wigs and take a picture of them. Then put THAT picture - NOT a picture from the film - on the packaging. Have the sculptors either make a mold of the people on the packaging or even use a previous Princess Leia sculpt with Tonnika hair. Then sell the figure. Those actresses DO NOT own the costumes so how could they possibly sue? HOW?

The actors in the film aren't even the real Tonnikas according to the EU, so make a figure of the REAL Tonnikas using someone else to be the face for the figures and the packaging.

As somone else alluded to, it's not as though the face sculpts ever even remotely resemble the actor.

This whole situation is bizarre to me; it is a little bit like if they claimed R2 couldn't be made into a figure because Kenny Baker wouldn't sign off.

Sorry, we can't make an Emperor figure. The monkey whose eyes we used in Empire won't agree.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Well, when they planned to make a figure of the lady who did give them permission, the other lady spoke up and said, hey, that's my character and I still don't give my permission. So, if they were to do something like you suggested, there's still a possibility that the lady will get legal on their behinds.

Obsession is Nute
02-13-2009, 04:09 PM
My top twenty remaining figures:

1. ROTS Nute Gunray
2. SOTE Guri (Red or Blue)
3. ROTS Rune Haako
4. Senator Grieblips
5. Captain Piett (Resculpt)
6. Ysanne Ishard
7. SOTE Comic Black Sun Guard
8. Sim Aloo
9. Ars Dangor
10. Dualtay Dofine
12. Tey How
13. To-Scale Grievous with Cape (little lightsaber pockets would be awesome)
14. General Romm Mohc
15. Palpatine (Remold, hardgoods, a "perfect figure)
16. Cydon Prax
17. Komari Vosa
18. Commander Gherant
19. Padme Amidala (Palpatine’s Office)
20. Dark Lord Jerec

I know almost all of these are obscure and not particularly high-demmand figures. I have high hopes for a few of em, but I know most of these will never see the light of day.

JetsAndHeels
02-13-2009, 04:48 PM
I still want wave 5!!

Obsession is Nute
02-13-2009, 11:48 PM
I still want wave 5!!

Actually, that is a good place to start!

Jargo
02-15-2009, 02:29 PM
i want a Dewback too. with more articulation. and a less droopy head.

Qui-Long Gone
02-16-2009, 06:28 PM
more articulation. and a less droopy head.

...that's what she said.....:lipsrsealed:

Jargo
02-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Did she? I was more concerned with what he said :D

darthbooger
02-16-2009, 06:43 PM
HE SAID-:pleased::pleased: BAHAAAA!!!!!

Qui-Long Gone
02-16-2009, 06:44 PM
So I take it you want a more articulate, less droopy "Dewback" too?

And by "Dewback" I suppose you mean lizzard?

And by "lizzard" I suppose you also mean ridding lizzard?

And by "ridding lizzard" I suppose you mean saddle?

And by "saddle" I suppose you mean you are a sick pervert?

And by "sick pervert" I mean you and I should probably be best friends.

And by "best friends" I mean not in a Dewback way....

darthbooger
02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
And by the way:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:,I'm gonna let you ladies fight this out!

Qui-Long Gone
02-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Why? 3 girls fighting is WAY hotter...

darthbooger
02-16-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm just a redneck with backwards jedi skills and I think the Brit might be bigger than me.:D

Jargo
02-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Hmmmm Dewback mountain......

No I'm just a leprechaun sized guy. Make lurve not war type. Give peas a chance and all that.

Ando
02-17-2009, 04:13 PM
OT/EU:

- SA Dash Rendar
- Leebo
- Resized Outrider (preferably the size of the old Falcon or larger and without the B Wing style play action).

PT/Clone Wars:

- Republic Attack Shuttle
- AT-OT
- UT-AT
- Theta Class Shuttle
- Twilight
- SA army builder Republic Commando figure (all white with battle damage)
- Hyperspace rings for the Eta II Actis Interceptor (Episode III) JSF.

Either/Or:

- Resized Slave I (both Jango and Boba decos) with cargo door/cargo bay for Han in Carbonite.

I think that's everything, and I would probably stop now altogether if I could just get the first 3 things. Hell, I'd probably buy a few Outriders to keep as background ships and nameless freighters.

DarthBrandon
02-17-2009, 04:43 PM
See my Sig line for what I really want, the rest is just filler now IMHO.

darthbooger
02-17-2009, 07:39 PM
AAAAAHHH!!!!! LEPPERKANS-I KNEW IT!!:ninja::ninja::ninja:

DarkArtist
02-18-2009, 10:23 AM
my list of want I really want is way too long to list but i put my top choice down and then perhaps a few others.....

1.) one word PLAYSETS - i think it's time Hasbro just bites the bullet and gives the fans our Ultimate Death Star modular playset.

2.) more EU - yes I'm a huge EU geek and want my EU..(Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast, NJO, Legacy of the Jedi etc. the more the merrier....yes i want my Solo children

3.) Star Destroyer - yes a super large scale awesome looking Star Destroyer that dwarfs the USS Flagg.

4.) Tantive IV - yes i want a Rebel Blockade Runner.

darthbooger
02-18-2009, 10:30 AM
I keep hearing their going to do that Deathstar playset,at least thats the rumor...lol

Old Fossil
02-18-2009, 10:49 AM
10 items and I'm done:

1. Tonnika Sisters
2. pair of sitting Jawas
3. Bom Vimdin
4. black Bespin Security guard
5. white Bespin Security guard (could do variant heads like Imperial Officers)
6. Sim Aloo
7. super-articulated Nien Nunb
8. super-articulated Admiral Ackbar
9. super-articulated Gamorrean Guard
10. an awesome ROTJ Emperor

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-18-2009, 03:29 PM
I keep hearing their going to do that Deathstar playset,at least thats the rumor...lol
They're not going to, I can almost guarantee you that. What do people still want out of the Death Star? We have the trash compactor (albeit a cardboard one), Leia's cell with the hallway, and the chasm where Luke and Leia swang across. Do we really need a lot of nondescript hallways?

pbarnard
02-18-2009, 03:42 PM
They're not going to, I can almost guarantee you that. What do people still want out of the Death Star? We have the trash compactor (albeit a cardboard one), Leia's cell with the hallway, and the chasm where Luke and Leia swang across. Do we really need a lot of nondescript hallways?

Half hallways. You need to remove one wall to be able to access your figures...

How about a decent Luke/Anakin Skywalker head along with a decent Han Solo head? And by decent, I mean accurate!

darthbooger
02-18-2009, 03:56 PM
OKAY THEN FINE!!:upset: How am I suppose to blow up my paper mache Alderaan now huh? With my already over used temple of akator/duct taped star destroyer gunny thing on top? I THINK NOT!:upset:

Jargo
02-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Use the force

darthbooger
02-18-2009, 04:49 PM
THATS REEEALLY CUTE!!!!!:ninja::yes::ninja:

El Chuxter
02-19-2009, 10:56 PM
"aSSUME tHE pOSITION" dARTH vADER.

:D

darthbooger
02-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Ok,so now that the deathstar idea has had such fantastic feedback.What huge playset(IF THEY WERE GOING TO DO ONE JABBA JOHN)would you gentlemen prefer?:tired:

bigbarada
02-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Ok,so now that the deathstar idea has had such fantastic feedback.What huge playset(IF THEY WERE GOING TO DO ONE JABBA JOHN)would you gentlemen prefer?:tired:

It's not that nobody wants a Death Star playset, it's just that Hasbro has shot the idea down every single time it's brought up.

If we're talking about large playsets that are actually an environment, not just a section of a larger vehicle/starship, then I would love to see:

1. Cantina - with full bar and light-up tables to include working light fixtures on the walls (make sure to include an AC adapter so people can just plug it into the wall and not worry about batteries). I know it would tick people off who have been collecting the bar sections, but Hasbro would do better to sell the entire Cantina in one playset. This should also include a small exterior section recreating the outside entrance to the Cantina.

2. Dagobah - make it about as tall as the vintage Ewok village and include Yoda's house, some trees for Luke to swing from and a "swamp" big enough to fit Luke's X-Wing.

3. Hoth Echo Base - make it about twice the size of the BMF Falcon, so kids can use it to either display the Falcon and a Snowspeeder or two; or they can use it to display any variation of Snowspeeders, X-Wings, TaunTauns, etc. It also should include a command room with light up consoles (AC adapter included)

4. Shield Generator Assault - should include a trench, turret cannon, giant ion cannon (with control room) and a shield generator that can blow up at the push of a button.

5. Endor Bunker - should include the bunker with a full interior (scaled down of course), a landing pad for the Imperial Shuttle, and a reasonably sized radar dish.

darthbooger
02-19-2009, 11:46 PM
I never thought I would agree with my political nemesis,TAKE THAT JABBAJOHN!!!:ninja::thumbsup::ninja:

darthbooger
02-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Out of those I would really want Hoth.:yes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-20-2009, 12:18 AM
I hope you're kidding darthbooger . . . you are, right? I'm just saying that I can't honestly think of more playsets I would actually want from the Death Star since they've already covered the bases. They're not going to do playsets any more; they've said that many times over. I tend to agree that the characters and vehicles are more iconic and good for both kids and collectors than straight-up environments are. If they did do them, though, I'd want to see updates or even repaints of the vintage playsets (particularly Dagobah and the Ewok village). They already did the bunker and the shield generator (albeit in smaller versions) as well as the main action-oriented locations from the films. And I like to see small environment pieces, like the chest and table from Obi-Wan's hut; that gives enough atmosphere to a diorama of his house without having to make space for a huge piece.

darthbooger
02-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Of Im kidding,check out the pm.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Even though i know play sets will never happen i would love to have a bespin playset, with prison, carbon freeze chamber, dining room, hall way and landing platform big enough for at least slave one. But this will never happen as it's bloody bespin. . . Death Star would be awesome as well, even though i would prefer death star 2 as i would want the emperors throne room. . .

JON9000
02-23-2009, 03:51 PM
The one that stands out most to me is probably the most iconic character costume combo in the OT-

FARM BOY LUKE SKYWALKER

We have had so many of these, and they have all been disappointing on some level. Some have elbow joints, but no knee joints, or vice versa. I hate the soft goods VOTC version. I would really just love an all-purpose ANH Luke.

There are lots of other figures I would like, but this one is at the top of the list.

jediguy
02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
peace on Earth

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-24-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm going through the slow-going process of looking through Wookieepedia for figures I still want. For TPM alone, there are 72. I take back what I said about there not being much left. lol

Devo
02-25-2009, 07:20 PM
The me that sometimes crops up with enthusiasm for prequel toys - much to the chagrin of the me that is the OT purist and who was endeavouring to spend less money - would like to see:

TPM:
Updated Naboo Royal security guard
Updated Naboo royal soldier
Updated Cpt Panaka
Updated Padme battle attire
blonde&brunette handmaidens in battle attire
reissue Security battle droid
new SA Battle droid
SA blue pilot Battle droid
Naboo pilot (with coat)
Ric Olie (with coat)
R5 unit (from the Royal starship)
Remaining pod racer pilots
any other Mos Espa backgrounders
Senatorial types

AOTC:
Remaining Seperatist leaders
Remaining Arena Jedi
SA Arena battledroid
SA Arena command battle droid (yellow theme)
Orray&execution cart
Geonosian soundblaster cannon
SA Padme (battle-torn clothes)
Rune haako (AOTC outfit)
Senatorial types
Mobile Clone command station thingie with the giant gun
Dooku solar Sailor

ROTS:
Nothing (really hate this film)

lordwormm
03-02-2009, 02:29 AM
Gosh, I feel bad even askin after getting Wioslea, Gargan, Hermie and Dice Ibegon...but...

Cantina Folk...
-Bom Vimdin (Advozse)
-Mosep Binneed (Nimbanel)
-Hrchek & Sai'torr Kal Fas (Saurin)
-Tonnika Sisters (or their imposters)
-Solomahal (Lutrillian)
-Tzizvvt (Brizzit)
-Rycar Ryjerd (Bimm/Corellian)
-Leesub Sirln (Qiraash)
-Arleil Schous (Defel)
-Reegesk (Ranat)

Holiday Special Cantina Folk...
-Cebann Veekan (Hamadryas)
-Thorp (pale skinned Sakiyan)
-Ket Maliss (Dashade)
-Myhr Rho (Cathar)

Jabba's Palace Folk...
-Yoxgit (Ugnaught)
-Loje Nella (Riorian)
-Giran (Klaatu)
-Wam Lufba (Yuzzum)
-Gauron Nas Tal (Saurin)
-Cane Adiss (Yuvernians)
Geezum (Snivvian)
-Laudica (Corellian woman)
-Rayc Ryjerd (Bimm)
-Sic-Six
-Attark

AND...greedy me...Sy Snootles deceased manager...
-Evar Orbus (Letaki)

Cane_Adiss
03-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Gosh, I feel bad even askin after getting Wioslea, Gargan, Hermie and Dice Ibegon...but...

Cantina Folk...
-Bom Vimdin (Advozse)
-Mosep Binneed (Nimbanel)
-Hrchek & Sai'torr Kal Fas (Saurin)
-Tonnika Sisters (or their imposters)
-Solomahal (Lutrillian)
-Tzizvvt (Brizzit)
-Rycar Ryjerd (Bimm/Corellian)
-Leesub Sirln (Qiraash)
-Arleil Schous (Defel)
-Reegesk (Ranat)

Holiday Special Cantina Folk...
-Cebann Veekan (Hamadryas)
-Thorp (pale skinned Sakiyan)
-Ket Maliss (Dashade)
-Myhr Rho (Cathar)

Jabba's Palace Folk...
-Yoxgit (Ugnaught)
-Loje Nella (Riorian)
-Giran (Klaatu)
-Wam Lufba (Yuzzum)
-Gauron Nas Tal (Saurin)
-Cane Adiss (Yuvernians)
Geezum (Snivvian)
-Laudica (Corellian woman)
-Rayc Ryjerd (Bimm)
-Sic-Six
-Attark

AND...greedy me...Sy Snootles deceased manager...
-Evar Orbus (Letaki)

Great list lordwormm! Looks like we have the same interests when it comes to figures.

lordwormm
03-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks, I knew there had to be others out there who were alien nuts like myself!

I wish the company would be more forthcoming about how likely some of these guys are.

Obviously they know they're gonna sell like hotcakes and then be up on ebay in 2.2 seconds!

I'm still trying to get my hands on a lot of the ones I missed on their first run like Elis Helrot, Janus S., J'quille, Kitik, Djas, and especially GHOEL & The Blue suited Snivvian! Can't find them ANYWHERE!:shocked:

Cane_Adiss
03-02-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm still trying to get my hands on a lot of the ones I missed on their first run like Elis Helrot, Janus S., J'quille, Kitik, Djas, and especially GHOEL & The Blue suited Snivvian! Can't find them ANYWHERE!:shocked:

Djas Puhr should be easy to track down. He was one of the pegwarmers of the AOTC line that was blown out for 2 bucks at many stores in my area. Same w/ Kitik Keed'kak during the 2006 line even though she was a WM exclusive.

Elis, Tanus Spijek and J'quille were harder to find in my area so good luck w/ those. Blue Snaggletooth and Ghoel were only available in 3 figure sets so you may have to shell out some extra dough for those, but the figures/ bar sections they were packed with are well worth the money. Ghoel is pretty sweet btw!

bigbarada
03-03-2009, 12:18 PM
As for main characters, all I really want now would be (all as super-articulated as possible):

1. Bespin Han Solo (no gimmicks or goofy facial expressions, just do the figure right.)
2. Hoth Leia (no silly snow effect paint washes, because she wore this outfit for most of the movie, not just on Hoth... and she never even stepped outdoors on Hoth.)
3. Snowspeeder Luke (again, no snow effects because we need him for Dagobah dioramas as well)
4. C-3PO (no vac-metalized coating, just shiny gold so as not to interfere with articulation - if the line lasts long enough, I'm sure they'll figure out how to do it right. The Clone Wars 3PO is definitely a step in the right direction.)
5. R2-D2 (I'm open to any significant updates to the VOTC mold; but they would have to be pretty major. I would actually like to see his panel details printed on and not sculpted into the body. Also, no vac-metalized dome, just shiny silver.)

If they can find a way to significantly improve the SA Stormtrooper or VOTC Chewbacca, then I'd be interested; but I think those particular figures are as good as they are ever going to get.

vger
03-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Bespin Han Solo
AOTC C-3PO
TPM C-3PO
DS2 Luke (hopefully the one later this year will take him off the list)
Hoth Leia
Bespin Escape Leia
AOTC Anakin with sleeveless softgoods cloak (no softgoods on tunic)
ROTJ Palpatine w/ chair
ROTS Sith Eyes Anakin/Vader
R2-D2 (R4-G9 mold)
ANH Luke (no softgoods)

lordwormm
03-21-2009, 12:57 AM
How could I have left out number ONE & TWO characters on my wish list…
JAXXON & EMPATOJAYOS BRAND!!!!!! Please! Oh Please!!!
What about…
SKORR & FURLAG
BEILERT VALANCE
KT-10 (artoo’s girlfriend?!)

Has anyone mentioned possibilities of Alien two packs? We could get some of the species that otherwise may not be made?
My suggestions are…
-Annoo-Dat & Berrite
-Boltrunian & Barabel
-Brubb & Caamasi
-Conjeni & Columi
-Defel & Dulok
-Elomin & Ergesh
-Fian & Felucian
-Gank & Gruvian
-Herglic & Ho’Din
-Ixll & Iyra
-Kobok & Lutrillian
-Maccabree & Mongo Beefhead
-Myneyrsh & Psadan
-Nuffin & Nimbanel
-Noghri & Nagai
-Orooturooan & Omwati
-Priapulin & Polydroxyl (maybe a Pa’lowick male)
-Qiraash & Quockran
-Revwien & Riorian
-Rybet & Rishii
-Saurin & Sy Mirthian
-Spiner & Ssi-ru
-Squib & Sluissi
-Tammuz-an & Thisspiasian
-Vaathkree & Vratix
-Y’Bith & Yuzzum (Blue)
-Yammosk & Yuzzem
-Yahk-Tosh & Zeltron
-ZeHethbra & Zeuolin

lordwormm
03-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Treva Horme (Female Lutrillian on Bespin)

Wiorkettle (Male Snivvian on Bespin)

evenflow
03-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Vlix and the rest of droids and ewoks characters