PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair! Finally some pictures!!

sebillba
02-14-2009, 05:16 PM
From sandtroopers.com: http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/toyfair2009/hasbro/collector_event/pics/

bigbarada
02-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Hmm, some pretty interesting stuff there. It's nice to see a new A-Wing Pilot, but I think I'm most excited about that TIE Fighter Pilot (since it's not Biggs and doesn't have the cut-away helmet). Torados Gonn, looks about like he did in the movie for the most part (although I don't remember him wearing so much white), I'll buy him because it looks like he'll be the only Klatooinian we get this year.

Nothing else too terribly exciting there (at not considering that we've seen most of it before).

Umbra
02-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Some very interesting stuff in there, though I'm completely baffled on what

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/toyfair2009/hasbro/collector_event/pics/target9.html

and

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/toyfair2009/hasbro/collector_event/pics/target49.html

are

HK-47 looks very good for a Build-a-Droid, I wonder what wave they moved him too.

Two headed lumiya is a nice bonus

bigbarada
02-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Oh yeah, Owen and Beru Lars look really good for the most part (even though I know we're going to hear complaints about the soft-goods on them). It's also nice to see some more attention paid to EP1, I especially like that guy in the red suit of armor (Rum Sleg?).

bigbarada
02-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Some very interesting stuff in there, though I'm completely baffled on what

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/toyfair2009/hasbro/collector_event/pics/target9.html

and

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/toyfair2009/hasbro/collector_event/pics/target49.html

are

The first one is Torados Gon, the Klatooinian Jedi seen in the Geonosis Arena Battle. The second one is Rum Sleg, I think. He was seen walking around in Mos Espa in Ep1 (I think he walked right past one of Darth Maul's probe droids).

Mad Slanted Powers
02-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Some cool stuff there. Looks like we're getting the purple Return to Naboo Queen Amidala. That made both versions of our top 50 list. I see Rum Sleg in there as well. That appears to be the AOTC versions of Owen and Beru, but his face doesn't quite look right. Too much of a beard. The TPM and AOTC Obi-Wans we've been waiting for look to be pretty good as well.

I was never too exicted about the Turbo Tank, as it seemed pretty boring, but they've made it look pretty cool. It will be a nice place to display a lot of clones.

I also see HK-47 pictured there. Is that a pod racer next to him? Looks like Ark Roose Ratts Tyerell. I'm also not sure who the woman in the black and red armor is.

Adam
02-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Just saw on Galactic Hunter that the next WM Droid Factory sets were revealed. And I am super excited about this round.

"Droid Factory - 5 sets combine to build Phase 2 Dark Trooper

Anakin Skywalker with Cortosis Battle Droid
Grievouse with CB-3D
Darth Maul with I5-YQ
Boba Fett with BL-17
Corran Horn with Whistler Droid"

Corran and Whistler!! Holy ****!!

Just the other day, I was thinking to myself that Hasbro would probably never make I5-YQ.. and there he is! Hooray!

And BAD Phase 2 DT... wow!

jedibear
02-14-2009, 07:18 PM
The Legacy stuff looks great! Highlights for me...Owen & Beru, Typho, RTN Amidala, the EpI & EpII Kenobis (I wish they had just gone ahead and released the Evo pack these were slated for), the Gungan Warrior, and I really like that gun turrent bubble set...I wonder if will be able to attach to the gunships?

Lots of cool stuff....more cloth integration than usual and more neat background characters...nice job, Hasbro!

Jabbapalacespy
02-14-2009, 07:53 PM
It's nice to see what's coming out but there is little I'm interested in so far. I'm really only intersted in droids and aliens from the original trilogy so not much to get me excited. But that's ok, not every wave appeals to everyone. No need to be selfish. I've already been thrilled by the cantina aliens and treadwell droid this year so I'm content for a while. The sneak peaks I've seen of the ROTJ wave for late this year will keep me going. The build-a-droids from these waves look cool but I'm not going to spend money on a bunch of figures I won't use just for them. I'll just wait a while after they come out and get the droids off Ebay.

Adam
02-14-2009, 08:08 PM
SSG pics coming in!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=53&p2_articleid=1952

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Jesus Christ almighty, those figures look awesome!!! The AOTC and TPM waves look freaking fantastic - especially Typho, the Larses, purple dress Amidala (whom I've wanted for a long, long time), hell, all of it looks great! I thought for sure we'd be getting Mawhonic; maybe he's a pack-in with Ratts?

The comic figures look interesting though I don't really know the characters.

More Rebel pilots in the pack looks sweet. Is that John D. Branon? It seems so. The clone sets are kind of meh but I love the new TIE pilot.

It's too bad they dropped that awesome-looking Nikto from the Jabba set. And TC-70 looks goofy here; hopefully she'll be accurate when she's out.

That Gha Nachkt set looks SWEET, I think I wrote about wanting one elsewhere, and they nailed it.

That clone turret is going to look super huge but thankfully they finally did one!

The new Clone Wars figures should be good, too - Mace, ARF Trooper, and SBD Sergeant. The card art for Obi-Wan shows his awesome space gear but it's just a repack with the gun from the 41st clone; hopefully we'll get the Buzz Lightyear version as well.

And the Turbo Tank . . . damn, looks killer. And they announced a CW Y-wing! Holy crap yes!!! :D

Man, I can't wait to see what else they've got planned . . .

jedibear
02-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Great gallery, Sirsteve!

I'm really liking those nw cardbacks! Very nice!

Mad Slanted Powers
02-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Jesus Christ almighty, those figures look awesome!!! The AOTC and TPM waves look freaking fantastic - especially Typho, the Larses, purple dress Amidala (whom I've wanted for a long, long time), hell, all of it looks great! I thought for sure we'd be getting Mawhonic; maybe he's a pack-in with Ratts?This page (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=7823&zoneid=2) on Galactic Hunter mentions Clegg Holdfast, but not Ratts.

Amidala looks good, but like the other releases, she probably won't be able to sit down with that kind of sculpt. Still, I'll be glad to have it.

And it looks like there are two different Owens and Berus, so are we getting both AOTC and ROTS versions, or are the ones on display just protoypes of the ones in the stock photo?

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Steve just uploaded an image of the TX-130 Republic Fighter Tank!!! http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29794

EEEEEEE!!!!!

bigbarada
02-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Steve just uploaded an image of the TX-130 Republic Fighter Tank!!! http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29794

EEEEEEE!!!!!

What's that vehicle from? Is it going to be part of the Clone Wars cartoon?

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 10:03 PM
It will be in the Clone Wars, but it's originally from the SW Battlefront series of video games. It's been used a few other places. They just released it as a Titanium.

Umbra
02-14-2009, 10:09 PM
What's that vehicle from? Is it going to be part of the Clone Wars cartoon?

I don't know but I honestly like it, it marks a very good counter point to the Seperatists AAT's both in toy form for kids playing heroes vs bad guys, as well as from a strategic stand point in universe.

I think i'm going to need to rewatch the prequels since I fialed to recognise those too earlier ;-;. However, I'm also Actually curious about the far Right guy in http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29776

Adam
02-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Sadly, Corran seems to be in the generic orange X-Wing uniform. /sigh

VexOrdo
02-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow, these figures look awesome! HK-47 blew me away! Now its about time they finished KotOR up with Canderous, Bastila, Zaalbar, Mission etc. I also like the concept Anakin a lot "What If?" he kicked Obi Wan's *****. Darth Krayt is amazing, best figure ever, awesome character. And correct me if I'm mistaken but is that the first ever Yuuzhan Vong? Either way he looks awesome!

DarkJedi5
02-14-2009, 10:45 PM
You guys see the slide shot pics on that otheR Site? They're doing a mail away fig for EpI's 10th anniversary... the Eopie and Qui-Gon! I have wanted that set so very badly since it came out but wasn't going to pay eBay prices. And I am really excited about the ComicCon exclusive Luke pilot because it comes with an X-Wing ladder! Maybe I don't have to buy the Red 2 X-Wing after all.... I'm altogether pretty excited about Star Wars collecting this year. But it seems like the best stuff will have to wait until this summer....

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 11:09 PM
I think i'm going to need to rewatch the prequels since I fialed to recognise those too earlier ;-;. However, I'm also Actually curious about the far Right guy in http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29776That is an Imperial Storm Commando, according to the slideshow. I don't know what that is sourced from though.

Some exciting stuff coming. Phase 2 Darktrooper, he's a BAF, just like in the game, he's huge.

Clone Wars Y-wing! I hope that pricepoint in the press release is a mistake, nobody is gonna pay $60 for a repainted ARC-170.

HK-47, that is gonna be a bummer because there's not a single figure in that wave I want besides him. I'll begrudingly purchase Typho and Obi-Wan, but I'm hoping someone (Tycho) will want to give me the pieces from the other guys.

Wow, a new Gungan Warrior, and he's a band member??? Why would they go there? Mechano-chair is very nifty!

Eopie is coming back, and with the Evo Qui-Gon so I don't have to drop $20 on that set.

Kyle Katarn looks pretty good. That Yuuzhan Vong is way beefy. Darth Krayt is a little over the top, not sure if I want that set.

Gunship Turret, I don't see how it'll attach but it looks good.

Force FX Dooku & Ep 1 Obi-Wan!!! YES!!! And those are production models, and they look great.

I kinda like the build-a-weapon blaster that turns from pistol to blaster to rifle.

Exclusive smiley Luke pilot with ladder for Comic-Con, really? Weird choice.

Hope that Target Jango 2pack has better coloring than the Evo version.

Is that a grinning Kit Fisto?

Animated Jawas??? Wild!

Not feeling that concept Anakin, there's a reason that design got passed over.

Those hidey role-play lightsabers are a silly gimmick, not into that at all.

SWTF looks pretty bad. Not recognizing that AAT's bot mode, but pretty sure it's not a battle droid like they're claiming. Ahsoka looks absolutely horrid.

Deluxe seems to be the dumping ground for old product. The Can-cell, Dooku's bike, the BARC Speeder...

They are bringing the Ep 1 mini-AAT back, that's some nerve! That thing SUCKS! The slideshow pic has new ROTS colors but the same limited pilot droid it came with, but the actual product at the show in Steve's pics is the CW BD with pilot colors.

Ugh, and there's the Crap Droid again, I mean "Crab Droid", and nary an improvement in that turkey in sight.

jedibear
02-14-2009, 11:13 PM
So on those exclusives...can anybody tell if that Greivous with the cape is the latest (properly scaled) one? Hope so!

Gotta say...sure looks like a lot of stuff is oreinted towards what people have been asking for...that's pretty cool. Good strong line coming this year...

Adam
02-14-2009, 11:22 PM

My problem with this figure is its expression. He's got sith eyes but his expression is friendly. Kinda strange. I may try to turn his eyes back to normal if I get it.

Back to my Corrantitus: I want that Dark Trooper so I will probably end up buying Corran, despite the orange flight suit. So close on that one..

bigbarada
02-14-2009, 11:27 PM
This morning, my excitement level for upcoming Star Wars toys was at about a 1 (on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being absolutely ecstatic). After seeing all these photos so far, I'm at about a 2, maybe a 3 (that CW Y-Wing looks pretty nice). For 2007 and 2008, my excitement level was at about 8 or 9 by this point (in 2007 it was the return of the Vintage-style line, and for 2008 it was the new A-Wing and AT-TE). But, again, there's not a whole lot here that we haven't seen before.

I'm really disappointed that the ROTJ wave isn't being shown yet. Hopefully, more will be revealed this weekend; but so far this is kind of a let down. :sleeping:

Not to be a complete negative-Nelly, however, so here are the things that I do think are really cool:
Galactic Heroes:
Nein Numb and Admiral Ackbar (even though Ackbar looks like he's doing squat-thrusts)
Purchase of the Droids Cinema Scene

Clone Wars:
ARF Trooper (even though that name sounds kind of goofy)
Jawas 2-pack
Y-Wing (very nice looking (http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2009/Hasbropanel/image12.asp))
Gha Nachkt (from the Search for R2-D2 Battlepack)

Legacy:
Torados Gon (even though I would have been much happier with Kithaba)
Evolutions TIE Pilot

However, no "must buys" for me so far. Gha Nachkt would be a "must buy" is he was single carded, but I'm not sure I want to buy a whole BP just for him. Maybe I'll get him off Ebay later in the year.

jedibear
02-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Nice thorough comments....

That is an Imperial Storm Commando, according to the slideshow. I don't know what that is sourced from though.

Some exciting stuff coming. Phase 2 Darktrooper, he's a BAF, just like in the game, he's huge.

Clone Wars Y-wing! Very Cool!I hope that pricepoint in the press release is a mistake, nobody is gonna pay $60 for a repainted ARC-170. Yeah, I'm liking the box art a lot, but $60.00? Wow...

HK-47, that is gonna be a bummer because there's not a single figure in that wave I want besides him. I'll begrudingly purchase Typho and Obi-Wan, but I'm hoping someone (Tycho) will want to give me the pieces from the other guys. I'm actually really looking forward to this wave...the Typho looks great, Owen & Beru look pretty good and that Obi-Wan looks superb!

Wow, a new Gungan Warrior, and he's a band member??? Why would they go there? Why not? It's a new, SA version of that warrior and it's great that they are including both relevant accessories with it that were seen in the film...and the figure looks well done Mechano-chair is very nifty! Yes, I've wanted to see that in the Hasbro collection for a long time...cool choice!

Eopie is coming back, and with the Evo Qui-Gon so I don't have to drop $20 on that set. And what a great way to get this set back out to fans who missed it...with the good Qui-Gon figure to boot! Wonder if it's coming in a window box?

Kyle Katarn looks pretty good. That Yuuzhan Vong is way beefy. Darth Krayt is a little over the top, not sure if I want that set. I do! I like it that it includes the other Imperial featured on the cover of the "Legacy" comic from the recently released set...and Krayt looks really good, yeah, over the top, but he is that way in the comic too...these comic packs are still a real highlight of the SW line-up for me...

Gunship Turret, I don't see how it'll attach but it looks good. That's my big question as well...hopefully there will be a way to make it work. So nice to see it properly scaled at any rate.

Force FX Dooku & Ep 1 Obi-Wan!!! YES!!! And those are production models, and they look great. They both look very good

I kinda like the build-a-weapon blaster that turns from pistol to blaster to rifle.

Exclusive smiley Luke pilot with ladder for Comic-Con, really? Weird choice.
Yeah...I don't like that dumb grin...but getting the ladder without having to buy another X-Wing is cool...

Hope that Target Jango 2pack has better coloring than the Evo version. Me too. And I like getting a Coleman that's not stuck splay-legged like the first version

Is that a grinning Kit Fisto? Looks like! Maybe he and pilot Luke shared a joke...

Animated Jawas??? Wild!

Those hidey role-play lightsabers are a silly gimmick, not into that at all.

SWTF looks pretty bad. Not recognizing that AAT's bot mode, but pretty sure it's not a battle droid like they're claiming. Ahsoka looks absolutely horrid.

Deluxe seems to be the dumping ground for old product. The Can-cell, Dooku's bike, the BARC Speeder...

They are bringing the Ep 1 mini-AAT back, that's some nerve! That thing SUCKS! The slideshow pic has new ROTS colors but the same limited pilot droid it came with, but the actual product at the show in Steve's pics is the CW BD with pilot colors.

Ugh, and there's the Crap Droid again, I mean "Crab Droid", and nary an improvement in that turkey in sight.

What do you think of the new card backs JT?

Droid
02-14-2009, 11:37 PM
I am bummed about the AOTC Lars family. I hate soft goods. Also, Owen's face looks way off and I didn't think Beru's hair was so blond.

The AOTC Obi-wan looks great. I'd like them to put a PLASTIC robe on him and release him again eventually. The whole TPM wave looks pretty nifty.

Ackbar and Nien Nunb Galactic Heroes are neat. I'll buy those.

A lot of stuff I won't buy. I wish we'd been able to see more Legacy waves. If they only showed us TPM and AOTC waves and we don't see anything else until San Diego then I suspect we are not going to see all of the figures that were supposed to come out in 2009. I'd hoped to see the ROTJ and 2nd ANH wave, or at least have them say what was coming in the Hasbro presentation.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-14-2009, 11:59 PM
I am bummed about the AOTC Lars family. I hate soft goods. Also, Owen's face looks way off and I didn't think Beru's hair was so blond.I agree on Owen's face. His soft goods seem to be as bulky as the Frigate Luke, but I think the Beru one looks good.

TheDarthVader
02-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Who is the guy with the open space helmet with a white face...with two blaster pistols and two holsters in red with black boots? he looks really cool!!!

Adam
02-15-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm really disappointed that the ROTJ wave isn't being shown yet. Hopefully, more will be revealed this weekend; but so far this is kind of a let down. :sleeping:

..and wasn't that wave supposed to be out by the summer? The presentation claims the Wave 1 - ESB won't hit until May with Wave 3 - TPM not hitting until around September.. What the hey?

Droid
02-15-2009, 12:09 AM
..and wasn't that wave supposed to be out by the summer? The presentation claims the Wave 1 - ESB won't hit until May with Wave 3 - TPM not hitting until around September.. What the hey?

Ya, the constant delay in figures is really a drag. It would be nice if we could get into a routine where there was a new wave of figures every two months or so THROUGHOUT the year.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Who is the guy with the open space helmet with a white face...with two blaster pistols and two holsters in red with black boots? he looks really cool!!!

If it is this guy (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29735) that you are referring to, that is Rum Sleg. He is seen briefly walking through Mos Espa in TPM.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Wow, a new Gungan Warrior, and he's a band member??? Why would they go there?
I don't think they were going for the guys from Augie's band at the celebration, but rather the guy that blows the horn as the battle starts.

All the smiling pictures on the cards (Luke, Obi-Wan) look doofy.

The new Clone Wars figures look AMAZING!!! Space suit Obi-Wan, awesome Gree, Yularen, Denal, yes!!

I'll likely pass on the Crab Droid since it looks like a straight repack. The rest of the deluxe figures look fun, though; nice to see the line return albeit at a higher price point.

That vulture droid is looking great. It'll be nice to have an up-scaled one after seeing it so often in the show.

Holy crap, that Y-wing is beautiful!!! :eek:

I still don't get why they're calling that silver droid U-3PO. Hopefully they'll change it before it goes to production . . . I want to remember to ask that question in the sessions here, unless JT or Steve can ask at the show.

I never thought we'd see L8-L9, but there he is, and he looks sweet. I hope Ratts Tyerell comes with something else in the package but I'm glad to have him after the awesomeness of Tsui Choi. I also hope they give both Obi-Wan figures a good, correct saber with the flare (hell, use the same one), since the photos say otherwise.

HOLY EOPIE!!!! :D That is amazing, finally!!! Too bad it's not the older Qui-Gon as well, so there would be no reason to track down the old set, but still, very nice.

The new Droid Factory's heavy emphasis on EU leaves me less than enthused, but some of the droids look cool, at least. I'm bummed that they're using that super-crappy deluxe Grievous mold instead of giving us a cape for the new tall one.

Hey, there's a V-wing Pilot in the Evolution set, that's pretty nifty. Sweet that the Rebel set has both John D. Branon and Jake Farrell; how I loves me some OT Rebel pilots.

Smiley Luke is indeed a super odd choice for an exclusive, but I'll be glad to finally have him (and another ladder).

Crap, those Arena figures look awesome!!! Hopefully they've redone Jango to be less purple.

Damn, this is going to be another awesome (but expensive) year . . .

Adam
02-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Ya, the constant delay in figures is really a drag. It would be nice if we could get into a routine where there was a new wave of figures every two months or so THROUGHOUT the year.

I suppose it does work out for those of us who are say, financially impaired.

bigbarada
02-15-2009, 12:20 AM
I suppose it does work out for those of us who are say, financially impaired.

Yeah, I was just thinking it's going to be a really cheap year for me.

Of course, I haven't even bothered to look at an TF coverage of GI Joe or the new Marvel 3 3/4" line, so who knows? Maybe it will just be a cheap Star Wars year.

JediTricks
02-15-2009, 12:35 AM
I just posted the slideshow images in the SSG gallery, so check 'em out.
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5809

So on those exclusives...can anybody tell if that Greivous with the cape is the latest (properly scaled) one? Hope so!It is not, the shoulders and knees are an older version.

Gotta say...sure looks like a lot of stuff is oreinted towards what people have been asking for...that's pretty cool. Good strong line coming this year...Agreed.

figrin bran
02-15-2009, 12:41 AM
It will be in the Clone Wars, but it's originally from the SW Battlefront series of video games. It's been used a few other places. They just released it as a Titanium.

The tank looks too plain compared to the Titanium version.

On a sidenote JT, you talk about Battlefront more than anyone else on the board and so it's a shame we own different gaming platforms otherwise I'd play you almost every day.

I like the CW Y-Wing but am not sure I like the price.

I'll be buying just about every Legacy figure but passing on a few CW ones. I'd rather that we got Nute Gunray or Luminara or Aayla rather than someone like Loathsome.

JediTricks
02-15-2009, 01:10 AM
My problem with this figure is its expression. He's got sith eyes but his expression is friendly. Kinda strange. I may try to turn his eyes back to normal if I get it.The expression is pretty friendly, that is my main issue with it, but the costume also doesn't work for me, very plain.

JB, that Eopie set is a mail-away, so I doubt windowboxed.

Hasbro's slide promised the turret would fit on the gunship.

I don't care for the new cardbacks at all, they have too much dead space and the shape doesn't work IMO, makes it look smaller than it is. I do like that the character art is back on the card rather than an insert though.

JabbaJohn, you're probably right, but I thought there was a number of them in the parade afterwards. Anyway, I didn't notice his atlatl behind him before, it is not so bad anymore now that he's armed.

Good call on the smiling card fronts, looks stupid.

All the deluxes are repacks, not just the crab. They're just repacks of old vehicles or creatures with CW figs this time. The Can-Cell came with Yoda originally even though its scene was cut from the film.

They're not doing Q&A, as far as we've been told.

Figgy B, you're right, the TX-130's deco is pretty plain, and the weapons aren't as impressive to look at, but I'm still thrilled to have it.

Sucks you don't have the PS2 version, we've got a very active room.

I really hope that CW Y-wing price is a typo and it's $30-40, not $60.

bigbarada
02-15-2009, 01:23 AM
BTW, where's the Galactic Heroes AT-AT?

JediTricks
02-15-2009, 01:27 AM
An excellent question. It's not in the slideshow either, so I'm guessing either the omission is intentional, or it's one of the items like Titaniums that's not showing up until tomorrow.

Adam
02-15-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't care for the new cardbacks at all, they have too much dead space and the shape doesn't work IMO, makes it look smaller than it is. I do like that the character art is back on the card rather than an insert though.

I like the new cardbacks since the character image is bigger. Makes the hunt a little easier.

Tycho
02-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Young Beru looks great! She even comes with a blue milk pitcher!

Captain Needa is a great sculpt too. It looks just like him. Appology accepted for Commander Jerjerrod in 2006.

I'll buy the concept Anakin. He looks fun for EU special ops.

Sidious Hologram and the Mechochair. We've been asking for this! I hope it's also convertable so that Nute Gunray can come out with a figure that can sit on it.

Are all the figures of Palpatine going to be bad?

I don't know if I'll army build a Gungan Band. I'll have to think about this one.

The Hoth Troopers are sweet! But when will we get the tan vest? (Like the first vintage one?)

Bath Time Luke with his mechanical hand... still we wanted this figure. I'd pictured all plastic myself. I'd like to see what's under the robe that made Hasbro decide on Softgoods.

AOTC Obi-Wan rocks! 'Nuff said!

Young Owen is awesome!

Ah! The Purple Queen at long last! Padme looks good!

Leia from the end of ESB. Simple but exactly what we requested.

After they made Tsui Choi, you knew Ratts Tyrell was coming. I'll buy!

Rum Sleg is awesome as well! I'll so get a lot of these for dioramas!

Tarados Gon is not a figure I'd have asked for, but I will be buying him.

2009 is looking way more awesome than 2008! Or even 2007!

That's a cool figure of Captain Typho.

The new cards are cool.

Luke Medical Frigate should have his GREEN lightsaber. He lost the blue along with his hand.

jedibear
02-15-2009, 07:43 AM
I like the new cardbacks since the character image is bigger. Makes the hunt a little easier.

and all that bare white background helps show off the figure more...

Kidhuman
02-15-2009, 09:06 AM
I am loving the Turbo Tank. I like the Ewok 3 comic pack as well. The YV figure is nice.

Devo
02-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Looks like an excellent lineup for PT movie fans. A lot of really well done figures, some of which I must say are tempting me out of PT retirement, namely-

AOTC Obi-wan
TPM Obi-wan
Mechno-chair sidious
Rum Sleg (for OT use)
Owen lars (mos eisley denizen)
Berus lars (as above)
New Coleman Trebor
Tarados Gon (of course if I got these jedi I'd have to get the new Stass Allie)
dammit even the Padme is tempting (which would mean I'd have to get the evo set)!...oh and *whispers* the gungan looks f'ing brilliantly done.

The Turbo tank looks cool - reminds of some classic GI-JOE (or Action Force as it was known in Ireland) vehicles. I like the submarine-like periscope gun control station. I won't be getting it though since I've avoided every other PT vehicle of the last 2 years. But the seperatist army seriously need some vehicles now...and big ones, whatever those may be.

Its also great that they're offering proper-sized bubble guns for the Republic gunship.

OT stuff is thin. We'd seen most of it already and passed our judgments. Needa looks better in the new pics, as does the new emperors head. Everything else looks the same. Ugnaughts and Needa get the thumbs up - the rest, apart from maybe Leia when I see it in person, gets a thumbs down. The Luke can't be saved. Terrible figure.

The scramble on yavin BP is a must, I just hope and pray I can get it - thus far the only UBP I've been able to get is the Homestead.

I also like that Luke figure with the ladder. I can just about stomach buying 2 or 3 of these to get a few ladders for my hangar bay dioramas. I'll take only one Red 2 X-wing!

Mad Slanted Powers
02-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Bath Time Luke with his mechanical hand... still we wanted this figure. I'd pictured all plastic myself. I'd like to see what's under the robe that made Hasbro decide on Softgoods.I thought I saw a picture where he was just shirtless underneath. Ah, here it is (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29659).

Jargo
02-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Ratts Tyerell: pretty nifty looking
Rum Sleg: looks ok
Owen and Beru: slightly off but still look good enough.

I shall buy these

Not excited by the Eopie deal. Already got two. it's nothing special anyway.

The rest of the stuff shown is pretty uninspiring.

The Gungan has a long horn which was used at the battle. The short horn was used by Augies municipal band.

AmanaMatt
02-15-2009, 10:47 AM
There is very, very little of interest for me in this new lineup (of what is shown).....comes with the territory when a line runs as long as this one, but I feel no excitement with anything...Tie Pilot is about the only really cool thing I want.

Wish I was into the prequel stuff as much as the OTC...

Tycho
02-15-2009, 10:59 AM
I thought I saw a picture where he was just shirtless underneath. Ah, here it is (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29659).

Looks like they might have used the original Luke VOTC body for that. I also think he has a utility belt on underneath it, and maybe a lightsaber hilt hanging on it. Thing is: it doesn't look like either of Luke's saber hilts.

Could be his droid caller.

Jargo, I want the Eopie for my dioramas. I need to land like 4 of them if I can.

Also, you are right about the Gungan horns. Thanks! :thumbsup:

It's nice that I could buy this good Gungan figure and not army-build him. I'll take exactly ONE. :)

Jargo
02-15-2009, 12:29 PM
I should say that I actually do like the look of a lot of figures but i just don't collect anything non Tatooine. If the clone wars figures had been realistic in style I might have found a way to get the fat Trandoshan Gha Nachkt. Though at his height he seems more like a Saurin than a Trandoshan. Damn screwy EU.

I don't buy much anymore. but with the cantina and Jabba's palace figures and these Tatooine TPM ones I have enough to sate my interest.

Obsession is Nute
02-15-2009, 12:32 PM

It is originally from the Clone Wars video game released for the Gamecube/PS2 in 2002.

I was worried this was going to be a bit of a downer year for me, but I am excited and suprised by alot of stuff.

* For the first time ever, I am excited about a softgoods item! That DF Grievous cape is getting yanked and put on my to-scale figure, hopefully it fits reasonably well/can get the darn thing on and off. ::Crosses figures.::

* I RARELY buy vehicles anymore, I am almost out of room (at the point of tossing out classic non-SW books), but the Vulture droid and TX-130 tank are going to be too cool to pass up.

*Phase III Dark Trooper looks AMAZING, I can't wait for this thing!

* Of all the legacy stuff, Mecho-Chair Darth Sidious has me the excited the most.

* Rem Sleg or whoever he is really suprised me. I honestly had no idea what scene he was from. Glad some people posted on him to clear that up.

* I too noticed the poor release pacing for the year. Yet again, it looks like things are going to be pretty spartan until summer. ::Sighs.::

* Am I the only one that feels we are getting fewer comic packs? I hope I am wrong. I really do.

Final thought. It seems like a lot of suprises at TF, this year. Hasbro did a good job at keeping a fair amount of stuff under wraps. Rumors seemed a bit off.

Old Fossil
02-15-2009, 12:54 PM
There is much to be admired this year. I think most everyone will be pleased at some point with the offerings. Good to see the line is going strong.:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2009, 01:59 PM
All the deluxes are repacks, not just the crab. They're just repacks of old vehicles or creatures with CW figs this time. The Can-Cell came with Yoda originally even though its scene was cut from the film.
I know that, but the other sets all are either repaints or retools, so they're "new enough" for me. I'm not sold on the Can-Cell; if Anakin is different from the STAP version then I might get it but it's pretty uninspiring since I already have all the parts.

Jargo, the reason the Eopie is exciting (for me, anyway) is because it was never sold in the USA. The damn thing is well over $100 on eBay now; as I think I said, I would rather have the older Qui-Gon figure so there would be no reason to hunt down the old one.

Jargo
02-15-2009, 02:05 PM
I have the original Qui-Gon to go with the Eopie. I'll trade you the Evo version for the older one

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2009, 02:07 PM
I have the original Qui-Gon to go with the Eopie. I'll trade you the Evo version for the older one
Hmm . . . an interesting proposition. We shall see.

sebillba
02-15-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm definitely more excited about SW collecting this year - last year my focus shifted to Indy, but I'll be able to concentrate more on SW from now on.... just as long as my job continues to be safe, and I can afford my hobbies. I've been trying to cut back anyway, I don't collect vehicles (absolutely no space to display them) or EU, unless it really grabs me. My only "must-haves" are any previously unmade film characters, or significant upgrades. I've enjoyed looking at all the new figures shown last night, but for me, I'm almost as pleased to see lots of figures I won't need to buy, as those I want.

Having said that, here's what I want....

Legacy collection: these will be my primary focus, and I really like most of the figures from the three waves shown. I'll get them all if I can - I usually have to buy online these days, and it's easier and cheaper to buy a whole wave - the BAD feature is an added incentive to do this.

I'm probably most excited about Ratts Tyerell, and Owen & Beru - that's three to tick off my Top 20 most wanted list... though I agree that Beru looks too blonde and Owen too beardy (hopefully he'll look more like the slideshow version). Also looking good are Tarados Gon, AOTC Obi-Wan (he actually looks superb, but I'm not so convinced by the sculpt for TPM Obi), Rum Sleg, and Gungan Warrior. Even Padme has turned out ok - I don't like the character or her ever-changing wardrobe, and I never liked this particular outfit with the stuffed socks hanging from her ears, but I know a lot of people wanted her, so I'm pleased she's turned out well.

Eopie: if we get this mail-away offer over here, then I'm in, but if not, it's no biggie, as I already have the original version (and love it!!).

Clone Wars: I like the animated style, but don't collect them - so far I've just bought Yoda and Ahsoka. Looking at these I might pick up a few more... definitely the new improved Yoda, maybe Whorm Loathsome, Cad Bane, and the jawas look really sweet. I also like the space suit Obi - reminds me of Buzz Lightyear (not his classic look, but I'm sure I have a figure in similar colours), though Ahsoka reminds me more of Sandy Cheeks from Spongebob! lol

Comic Packs: hopefully I can pass on all these... Darth Krayt and Yuzhan Vong look interesting, but seem more LOTR than SW to me.

Battle Packs: just Scramble on Yavin for me

Evolutions: pass on the Commandos (all EU?), I think all the Imperials are from the movies, so I'll have to get that set, but only one of the Rebels is from the films, so I'll get him from ebay.

Droid Factory 2-packs: mostly EU, so I can hopefully pass on all these - the only thing I really want is Grievous's cape!

Target 2-packs: could be the best Kit Fisto yet, and definitely an upgrade for Trebor... not sure I need another Jango though.

Other Exclusives: TRU over here picks up a lot of the exclusives... if I see smiley Luke, I'll probably get him, but won't lose any sleep if he doesn't show up. And TFU stormtrooper is another easy pass.

Galactic Heroes: I still collect these, but more selectively these days. I'll get a few of the 2-packs, but by far the most exciting set is Nien Nunb / Ackbar.

bigbarada
02-15-2009, 05:13 PM
So, is that it? Is there anything else that's going to be shown?

Hasbro's not saving the good stuff for the last day are they? Because I'm feeling a little disappointed here.

Jargo
02-15-2009, 05:31 PM
they said on the slideshow that there's lots more to come at SDCC.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Well, they've shown stuff that will be released as late as September, so they probably won't get too far ahead of themselves. We'll probably get more rumors and such the rest of the year and then get confirmation of stuff for end of year and 2010 at Comic Con.

There was plenty for me to be excited about. I very much like the AOTC and TPM waves, and the comic packs look pretty good. The Wal-Mart droid factory and Target two packs look to be pretty good as well. I'm a little less enthused about Clone Wars. I think that is because I'm running out of space and it is harder to be excited about figures of characters that aren't that ingrained in my mind yet. I'll probably pass on the deluxe versions since they are mostly repacks and such. I'll probably get the Turbo Tank, but am uncertain about other vehicles.

The slide said the Rancor is out now. I didn't see it today. Has it already come and gone, or can I expect to see it in the near future? I guess I won't feel too bad if I miss it since it will take up lot of space. I'd probably prefer to have it than the Force Unleashed version I got.

I'm also looking forward to the new Evolutions packs and the Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack. I suppose I'll also get the pack with the gunship turrets. The Geonosis set looks like more repacks.

DarthBrandon
02-15-2009, 06:15 PM
I like the Medical Luke & Leia along with most of the AOTC and TPM waves. I really think they are running out of things to do as it seems more & more they are giving us exactly what we've been asking for (i.e. Mecho-Chair Darth Sidious ). I'm in for 1 Turbo Tank, 1 Y-Wing & 1 TX-130 Tank along with 20 figures, 2 comic packs (Krayt, & Vong) & 1 Scramble on Yavin battle pack. I really hope they make some more large scale vehicles (Sailbarge/Tantive IV) soon, as my interest is dying out.

JetsAndHeels
02-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Jargo, the reason the Eopie is exciting (for me, anyway) is because it was never sold in the USA.

Yep, I am also psyched to see that the Eopie is going to be available to us.

I like the look of the Turbo Tank. A definate buy for me.

The figures look good too for the most part. The TPM and AOTC stuff looks fantastic!!

The Target exclusive Coleman Trebor and Jango Fett is something I really want. I hope that Jango is SA.

Jargo
02-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Hmm . . . an interesting proposition. We shall see.

He comes with a natty little poncho and oversized saber..... :thumbsup:

DarkJedi5
02-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Wait, why does Red Leader have a lightsaber hilt on his belt? Link (http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2009/Hasbro-SW/image110.asp). I mean, I know it's cause they're using Luke's body but come on!

DarkJedi5
02-15-2009, 10:31 PM
* For the first time ever, I am excited about a softgoods item! That DF Grievous cape is getting yanked and put on my to-scale figure, hopefully it fits reasonably well/can get the darn thing on and off. ::Crosses figures.::

I think that's from the ROTS Grievous which means the cape is going to be way too short for an erect TLC Grievous.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2009, 10:48 PM
He comes with a natty little poncho and oversized saber..... :thumbsup:
Well, the thing is I'm pretty anal when it comes to this stuff, so I'm not big on breaking up sets after I've opened them . . . this might be an exception, but I'm not sure as of yet, so hold on to that natty-ponchoed Qui-Gon for a little longer. :D

sebillba
02-16-2009, 01:52 AM
Jargo, the reason the Eopie is exciting (for me, anyway) is because it was never sold in the USA. The damn thing is well over $100 on eBay now

It wasn't exactly common over here either... I was living in London at the time, and regularly searched a lot of shops, and NEVER saw the eopie at retail. I only got mine a couple of years ago from ebay - it wasn't quite $100, but it wasn't cheap either.

plasticfetish
02-16-2009, 02:57 AM
Yeah, okay... all that Hasbro stuff is great, but the "Dagobah Frog Habitat (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=30181)" by Uncle Milton is where it's at!

And the "Naboo Sea Creatures (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=30182)" thing is cool also. (I'm assuming we're talking Sea Monkeys there.)

:)

Slicker
02-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Some very very nice looking pieces coming out!! Even though I'm kind of out of the loop it's still good to see some great MOVIE figures. The EU ones still look like carp. I absolutely LOVE the lightsaber whips!!!!! :rolleyes:

Tycho
02-16-2009, 04:36 AM
The Uncle Milton things are really neat: there's a Force trainer, a droid arm, and a Mustafar Volcano, too. The Dagobah frog thing and the weird Naboo alien fish are awesome indeed! I may have to get those and dress like a Jedi Knight to play with them. :crazed:

JEDIpartner
02-16-2009, 11:54 AM
As far as the figures go, I'm excited about the Waves 2 & 3 in full. It's got a nice mix of characters. I'm chuffed that we're finally getting wonderful new updates on Obi-Wan!!! WOOO!!!!!

That Queen Amidala, as usual, looks great!! Typho was a surprise, I must admit, but I'm glad to see him in the mix.

Ando
02-16-2009, 12:25 PM
I am pretty excited about a LOT of this stuff. The GH JSF sets are great and will be an easy buy. I will also get the Snowspeeder set and the Assault on the Death Star III set, too.

I am super excited about the clone pilots/turret battle pack. If you look close at the base of the turret, it looks like the larger base separates from the turret stalk/base where there are two holes that look like theyhave the same spacing as the original turrets. This will be an easy purchase for me (I'll need at least 12 of these to outfit all of my gunships plus supply pilots for my V 19's). It's a pretty good strategy on Hasbro's part to supply 2 pilots and 1 turret so that you have to buy 2 sets so that you have 2 pilots for the cockpit and 1 for each turret.

I am also super excited about the TX130 Fighter Tank. The plain deco on the V19s never bother me, but it looks kind of incomplete on these, but I like em.

I will probably pass on the F/X Dooku saber, but I will definitely get the TPM Obi Wan saber along with the new Ep I and Ep II Obi Wan figures.

The Commando Evo pack is not the army builder pack I was hoping for, but I may get at least 1 just because the figures are cool.

The Imperial Pilot II Evo pack will be a must have for the V Wing pilots, so I will probably get 6 of those.

The Turbo Tank looks great. It's not as small as I feared but it still seems smal until I watched the demo video posted on Rebel Scum. The hidden missle launchers and the use of the axle space for the speeder was a pretty nifty design. I like the foot pegs on the flip down doors/platforms, too. I will probably only get 2 of these now that space is at a premium.

Man, there sure is a lot of neat stuff coming. I haven't bought many figures since the line reset in July except for clones (mostly Phase 1 to fill up the AT-TE's I bought), but there are some neat figures coming out that I definitely want.

I may even pick up that Captain Rex build your own blaster for my little nephew (and 1 for me).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2009, 03:15 PM
The Turbo Tank looks great. It's not as small as I feared but it still seems smal until I watched the demo video posted on Rebel Scum. The hidden missle launchers and the use of the axle space for the speeder was a pretty nifty design. I like the foot pegs on the flip down doors/platforms, too. I will probably only get 2 of these now that space is at a premium.
The guy in that video got the back and front mixed up, as is often done with this ship. So it looks like the bike actually launches out of the back. At any rate, this thing looks killer.

Ando
02-16-2009, 03:21 PM
I think there is a blurb about the front vs. the back issue in one of my DK Star Wars books about clones who operate the Turbo Tank arguing about which end is the front and which end is the rear.

I remember a friend of my dad's telling me when I was little that our VW Vanagon had a steering wheel that could be moved from the front to the back because it looked the same coming and going.

When I asked my dad about this alleged "feature", he told me his friend was just full of s**t and was pulling my leg.

I was pretty disappointed about that.

bigbarada
02-16-2009, 04:00 PM
they said on the slideshow that there's lots more to come at SDCC.

SDCC is in a couple of months right? I had hoped that we would have the "another Nikto guard" question cleared up this weekend, but I guess we'll have to wait a while longer.

In fact, the only two things that I was looking forward to seeing more of were the ROTJ wave and the GH AT-AT. I was also hoping that Hasbro would surprise us with a BMF-style AT-AT for the 3.75" line. None of those happened, so I think that's why I'm feeling so let down by Toy Fair this year.

Adam
02-16-2009, 06:03 PM
SDCC is in a couple of months right?

If by a couple, you mean five, then yes. :D

DarkJedi5
02-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Here's a question; the recently shown droid factory set coming this summer shows five sets. But how then do you complete the Dark Trooper? Last year's series had six so that each came with the parts like the BaD waves with protocol droids. So are they redistributing parts or is there going to be a sixth set yet to be revealed?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Here's a question; the recently shown droid factory set coming this summer shows five sets. But how then do you complete the Dark Trooper? Last year's series had six so that each came with the parts like the BaD waves with protocol droids. So are they redistributing parts or is there going to be a sixth set yet to be revealed?
I bet the head is just included with the torso here.

bigbarada
02-16-2009, 06:16 PM
If by a couple, you mean five, then yes. :D

That's nearly half a year away! :upset: With this yawn-inducing Star Wars lineup and the stupid GI Joe movie displacing the classic GI Joe line for pretty much the rest of the year, I might as well just find a new hobby for 2009.

Maybe it's time to start rebuilding my 80s comic book collection.

Rik Duel
02-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Now I want to get the frigate Luke just to swap the head with the vintage Bespin.

Devo
02-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Now I want to get the frigate Luke just to swap the head with the vintage Bespin.

This may be all that POS is good for - provided the factory paintjob doesn't sabotage even that. The rest of the figure is a lost cause with that giant bathrobe.

Snowtrooper
02-16-2009, 11:03 PM
I have to admit that I'm not as excited about the lineup as I have been the last few years. Theres just no real "I gotta have it" item for me this year. The Turbo Tank is the only thing that comes close. The price hike is turning me off a bit too. I'll still probably get most of the TLC items and a few of the CW ones. Maybe I'll change my mind the more I look at them.

Blue2th
02-16-2009, 11:40 PM
For some reason the Turbo Tank still reminds me of a riding toy.

Some joked they should make one, cause it really does look like it.

Slicker
02-17-2009, 01:12 AM
I'm personally geeked about these offerings. Some great looking figs here.:thumbsup:

Old Fossil
02-17-2009, 05:53 AM
If you count the current ANH-themed wave hitting stores, there is something for everyone coming out this year: PT, OT, EU, Clone Wars... I mean, if nothing in the lineup stirs even a modicum of interest, then I don't know what would.:rolleyes:

Slicker
02-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Are you serious? This is SSG and the SW community you're talking about. I can think of several members right now that aren't happy. :rolleyes:

Tycho
02-17-2009, 07:34 AM
For some reason the Turbo Tank still reminds me of a riding toy.

Some joked they should make one, cause it really does look like it.

That was me. If we remove the top cannon and the crow's nest, we should be able to sit on them and I know a good hill by my house where I can race you!

Jargo
02-17-2009, 09:14 AM
It wasn't exactly common over here either... I was living in London at the time, and regularly searched a lot of shops, and NEVER saw the eopie at retail. I only got mine a couple of years ago from ebay - it wasn't quite $100, but it wasn't cheap either.

I bought a case of beasties from R2DTOYS back in the day when they were still in business and got three. it worked out cheaper than buying individual ones.

Tycho
02-17-2009, 09:19 AM
I think you're so lucky Jargo! But of course you have to consider I've never seen the Eopie in person myself, so my opinion of it might end up being more congruent with yours when I finally get one.

JetsAndHeels
02-17-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm personally geeked about these offerings. Some great looking figs here.:thumbsup:

I agree. My wallet is going to be taking a major hit this year!!

Slicker
02-17-2009, 10:30 AM
I agree. My wallet is going to be taking a major hit this year!!I know and that's the LAST meesa wantin'!!!

bigbarada
02-17-2009, 10:43 AM
I mean, if nothing in the lineup stirs even a modicum of interest, then I don't know what would.:rolleyes:

Maybe the ROTJ wave we were promised? At least some photos of the prototypes or an expected release date.

Slicker
02-17-2009, 11:06 AM
I mean, if nothing in the lineup stirs even a modicum of interest, then I don't know what would.:rolleyes:I told ya didn't I? :rolleyes:

bigbarada
02-17-2009, 11:19 AM
I told ya didn't I? :rolleyes:

Don't worry, the significance is not lost on me either. I was looking at all the wave 5 figures in the store the other day and realized that if I can't bring myself to even be remotely excited about these figures, then there's not much left for me in terms of Star Wars collecting.

Also, I'm not interested in Prequel or EU figures that much at all and the only OT wave that was shown at Toy Fair was the ESB wave, which we've already seen several times before. So, Hasbro's showing was a little slim when it came to OT figure offerings.

Slicker
02-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Don't worry, the significance is not lost on me either. I was looking at all the wave 5 figures in the store the other day and realized that if I can't bring myself to even be remotely excited about these figures, then there's not much left for me in terms of Star Wars collecting.I do hear ya and feel yer pain but, if I'm not mistaken, you collect a very very very slim catergory of figures (most skiff guards)

Also, I'm not interested in Prequel or EU figures that much at all and the only OT wave that was shown at Toy Fair was the ESB wave, which we've already seen several times before. So, Hasbro's showing was a little slim when it came to OT figure offerings.I'm sure they're saving it for the Comic Con or something.

bigbarada
02-17-2009, 11:42 AM
I do hear ya and feel yer pain but, if I'm not mistaken, you collect a very very very slim catergory of figures (most skiff guards)

I'm sure they're saving it for the Comic Con or something.

Well yeah, my area of interest is much slimmer now than it was in the past. It's just that I feel that most areas of Star Wars have been well covered with new action figures since I first started my Skiff Guards thread back in 2002. However, there hasn't been a single new Skiff Guard since then, so it kind of makes that category stand out a little more. I was also really campaigning for more Rebel Pilots and Ewoks back then, but Hasbro has done a pretty good job of covering those in the last 3 years.

Slicker
02-17-2009, 11:49 AM
That is very true on the skiff guards. And seeing as they're movie figures I'd want them a lot more than carpy EU remakes (Clone Emperor, Darktrooper, etc. MEH!).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-17-2009, 01:43 PM
I do think you have to find a little bit of irony when you say that people better not complain about anything in the figure line and then keep bashing on the EU figures, which a lot of people have wanted for a long time. ;) :D

El Chuxter
02-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Owen and Beru. And Corran and a Vong. I can die a happy man. :)

I do kinda wish that Corran came in Jedi robes, but I'll take any Corran figure I can get. I think I'll pass on just about all the other EU stuff. Oooh, it's Lumiya, a worthless character dusted off for a worthless series, and Darth Stryfe. I'm not complaining, but they've got to go a couple of years back to get EU stuff I want.

Slicker
02-17-2009, 04:24 PM
I do think you have to find a little bit of irony when you say that people better not complain about anything in the figure line and then keep bashing on the EU figures, which a lot of people have wanted for a long time. ;) :DI've searched high and low for this "irony" you speak of and I just can't find it. The EU is carp therefore doesn't count. It's just science speaking. :p

Don't you ever again embarrass me in front of my peers!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Jabbapalacespy
02-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm confused about the ugnaughts. :confused: Are they coming out as a twin pack? The last image I saw of the package only had one in it. Now they are showing them together again. Has Hasbro changed it's mind? This is one of the few figures from this wave I'm actually interested in getting.

sebillba
02-17-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm confused about the ugnaughts. :confused: Are they coming out as a twin pack? The last image I saw of the package only had one in it. Now they are showing them together again. Has Hasbro changed it's mind? This is one of the few figures from this wave I'm actually interested in getting.

There will still be two different ugnaughts, but they'll be released separately / single carded, with a running change. Same with the bearded and non-bearded Hoth Rebels.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-17-2009, 05:52 PM
That is very true on the skiff guards. And seeing as they're movie figures I'd want them a lot more than carpy EU remakes (Clone Emperor, Darktrooper, etc. MEH!).

:o

Same ol Same ol tired rants of people hatinf EU figures.

But All in all the showing wasn't bad from what i've looked at so far. I wasn't impressed by clone wars stuff but i have not been so far anyways. The TPM Obi and the Lumiya has been my must haves so far. its going to be a expensive year. . . .

DarkJedi5
02-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Not as expensive as 08. I've never thrown down as much on Star Wars as midnight madness when I bought all the figs, battle packs, BMF, and AT-TE at once. Unless there's something BMF-esque on the horizon that's still a secret I don't think I'll be spending as much this year.

JediTricks
02-17-2009, 09:05 PM
The slide said the Rancor is out now. I didn't see it today. Has it already come and gone, or can I expect to see it in the near future? I guess I won't feel too bad if I miss it since it will take up lot of space. I'd probably prefer to have it than the Force Unleashed version I got.The retailer has them, but I don't think there have been sightings, instead they are currently selling it on their website, and those have shown up in a trickle.

Yeah, okay... all that Hasbro stuff is great, but the "Dagobah Frog Habitat (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=30181)" by Uncle Milton is where it's at!

And the "Naboo Sea Creatures (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=30182)" thing is cool also. (I'm assuming we're talking Sea Monkeys there.)

:)Yeah, Steve was going on and on about this line after he shot it, it seems to deserve a little buzz.

I believe the Naboo Sea Creatures one are not sea monkeys (brine shrimp), but rather a larger species known as triops longicaudatus (American tadpole shrimp). They're actually very interesting, the species has been around for 350 million years, hasn't changed in 70 million years, they grow to about an inch long, they start with 1 eye but grow to have 3 eyes, they fight the west nile virus by eating the insect that spreads it, and help rice growers by eating weeds around rice paddies. You can see the promo shot of them here:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=30205

Vader's robotic arm looks kinda nifty.

The facade of Mustafar for the lava kit looks really good as long as you don't look at it from the side or back.

Don't compare these 2 promo shots: :p
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=30202
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=30204

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-17-2009, 11:40 PM
What is Vader's arm supposed to do, exactly? I'm semi-tempted to cut off my own arm and buy one of those as a replacement. :D

Jargo
02-18-2009, 08:18 AM
those sea creatures look vile. horible fishy monsterness.

mtriv73
02-18-2009, 05:42 PM
I was going to rant about how ridiculous it is to say they help control west nile (no matter what wikipedia says,) but the set is just too cool to say anything negative about. I'm buying one set for home and one for the office outside my lab.:thumbsup:

DarkJedi5
02-18-2009, 06:51 PM
What is Vader's arm supposed to do, exactly? I'm semi-tempted to cut off my own arm and buy one of those as a replacement. :D

Yeah! What the heck does that thing do?

JediTricks
02-19-2009, 11:33 PM
What is Vader's arm supposed to do, exactly? I'm semi-tempted to cut off my own arm and buy one of those as a replacement. :DMoves by electronic control, I believe. My guess is, since kids are supposed to build it, that it can pick up an oversized ping-pong ball, and little else, so save that arm of yours in case this one is a disappointment.

I was going to rant about how ridiculous it is to say they help control west nile (no matter what wikipedia says,) but the set is just too cool to say anything negative about. I'm buying one set for home and one for the office outside my lab.:thumbsup:Do you have West Nile virus? No? "Thanks, Triops!" ;)

Bib Un-Fortuna
02-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Okay - I've got a couple of questions about the ToyFair reveals:

1 - Why did Hasbro made the decision to do a Corran Horn figure, which is a great decision, and then put him in the orange flight suit? I mean, this is most likely the only time this character will be made in this outfit, so why not do it right? This one irks me a lot.

2 - In the gallery, there is a picture of the back of the card for the E1 Obi-Wan. Pictured there is a Darth Maul figure which seems to be a re-release of the PotJ deluxe training Maul. What gives? There is no Maul in this wave, and to the best of my knowledge they do not cross-merchandise on these lines, ie advertise Legends figure on Legacy cardbacks. Anyone know?

3 - Beru was not a blond - her hair should be darker. That's just a nit-pick.

And while I am far from a completist, I must have the Naboo Sea Creatures for my collection!

DarkJedi5
02-20-2009, 12:22 PM
1 - Why did Hasbro made the decision to do a Corran Horn figure, which is a great decision, and then put him in the orange flight suit? I mean, this is most likely the only time this character will be made in this outfit, so why not do it right? This one irks me a lot.

So which Corran Horn would you want? His green CorSec uniform? I'm sure his Jedi Costume will be coming. Now that Dark Horse is writing a new comic series set during the YV invasion there will be tons of opportunity for comic pack figures from that era so I'm sure a Jedi version is also in the works. But for me, an orange Rogue Squadron flight suit is perfect for his first appearance.

pbarnard
02-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Okay - I've got a couple of questions about the ToyFair reveals:

Been thinking about it too, but in the end, I'm more bothered by Whistler than Horn (mostly due to the I, Jedi cover). The other thing is that flight suit was mentioned mostly in the time frame up to the Bacta War, when he was a defacto mercenary or member of the Rebel Alliance. After that he became a member of the New Republic and probably had to go military. He couldn't be an indvidual and had to conform.

Plus I can't wait to see how many screw ups with his hairdo the comic does. Up until now, he's been drawn with a relatively close cut/flat top. If they comic goes the route of the Insider article giving him the top knot, than I may have to just not read it because that just isn't keeping with his character.

Bib Un-Fortuna
02-20-2009, 12:38 PM
No, no problems with Horn as a pilot. And I assume that a Jedi Horn or a "Kieran Halcyon" will get made at some point. But (and mind you I am not the biggest EU fan, but I do read some) to the best of my knowledge, Corran Horn used a green flight suit once he joined the rebellion & was teamed with Whistler, not the orange one he comes with in this set.

Jargo
02-20-2009, 12:47 PM
3 - Beru was not a blond - her hair should be darker. That's just a nit-pick.

she's quite fair haired in reality. somewhere between blonde and brown. and the figure shown is a painted prototype not the final factory production figure. it's quite likely the paint colour will be corrected. But hasbro has a habit of getting hair colour wrong. look how many shades of blonde they've done Luke with. everything from bright yellows to tan.

I would imagine that living on Tatooine with twin suns glaring down all day every day all the tatooine inhabitants should either have black hair or really bleached out blonde looking hair. not to mention nut brown leathery weathered skin. Beru must spend an awful lot of time indoors.

dindae
02-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Well the end of my collecting didn't last long. I couldn't pass up the New Hope wave. And it has really gotten me interested again. Seeing the pictures from Toy Fair has gotten me ramped up for the year. I don't mind the longer lulls since the pace was getting insane around Episode 3. I actually think I will get most of the Legacy main line. I'm gald they are rereleasing the Eopie finally. I'm also glad I don't have to get the Red 2 to get a ladder although i'm not excited about another Luke in flightsuit in the least. I'm might pick up Darth Krayt. I'm excited about the Yavin Ground Crew and Clone Pilot and Turret BPs. The Wal-Masrt Droid Factory figures look like a pass for me. The Target packs will likely be the same although if the Kit is flashing those pearly whites it might change my mind. I didn't get much last year at all so it looks like I might actually ramp up this year.

DarkJedi5
02-20-2009, 02:13 PM
The Target packs will likely be the same although if the Kit is flashing those pearly whites it might change my mind.

It's not super clear in this photo (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29904), but it does look like he's smiling. If you can find the photo of the prototype I think it's even more clear.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-20-2009, 03:30 PM
It's not super clear in this photo (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29904), but it does look like he's smiling. If you can find the photo of the prototype I think it's even more clear.
Yeah, he looks to be clenching his teeth or something, as he was when he pushed down C-3PO (hence the right hand).

darthbooger
02-20-2009, 03:54 PM
I like the Coleman Trebor but why another Jango? Have they ever done a decapitated Jango?:D

sebillba
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
I like the Coleman Trebor but why another Jango? Have they ever done a decapitated Jango?:D

Sure they have! http://www.rebelscum.com/sagajangofb.asp

darthbooger
02-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Well Ill be boogerpicked.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-20-2009, 05:45 PM
They said that Jango is on their A-list, meaning they like to put him out whenever they can and he'll sell through. Plus, the most memorable thing about Coleman Trebor is when he gets shot by Jango, so it makes sense here. As I said, I hope he's more blue-gray than the purple on the Evolution version (since it looks to be the same mold).

darthbooger
02-20-2009, 05:50 PM
I did not know this. So this explains all the Vaders too.:yes::thumbsup:

DarkJedi5
02-20-2009, 05:54 PM
And from the toyfair pics he looks to be purple again but as some one pointed out above, the paint can still be corrected and they may even have just used an evo version as a place holder.

Rik Duel
02-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Is there a law against getting a Qui-gon figure in a store by itself? (and is that evolutions version any good? I never saw that set in person)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Is there a law against getting a Qui-gon figure in a store by itself? (and is that evolutions version any good? I never saw that set in person)
It's pale and has too-big hands, but it's the best Qui-Gon they've done.

El Chuxter
02-20-2009, 09:29 PM
I still kinda dig the 2000 soft goods Qui-Gon that a lot of folks call "Pirate Qui-Gon" due to his preposing.

dindae
02-23-2009, 12:27 PM

Thank for the link. I had seen that but could quite make it out. Resulpts really boil down to how I feel when I have them in hand anyway. Oddly enough things like the table that is packed in with Obi Wan (which I plan to get) is more of a reason to buy a figure to me than the corrected height of Grevious (which I passed on).

DarkJedi5
02-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Okay, found the shot of the prototype (http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14096&whichpage=2); it's not so much a smile as a grimace but you should be able to see teeth....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey, I'd never seen that Yoda. That's pretty cool. It looks like one of the publicity shots of him (er, publicity CGI models) from ROTS. I assume he's from those Target packs.