PDA

View Full Version : New Comic Packs Just Shown At Toy Fair!!!

Tycho
02-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Darth Krayyt looks awesome! Alright! It's great to be getting him!

Sigel Dare looks interesting. Unnecessary, considering all the other great characters from Legacy that they could do. But I'll buy her.

Kyle Katarn looks awesome. I'll keep a couple of his figures and trade off the rest, as I plan to army build the Yuuzhan Vong!

Where's that Luke from? He looks cool. Older actually. Could be post-ROTJ. That'd be nice.

I'm totally getting Luminara even though I've actually never read about her. (And I admit that also.)

The Comic Series provides some of THE best action figures, I think!

Kidhuman
02-15-2009, 10:12 AM
I am liking the new packs as well. I am surprised Tycho did not comment on the Ewoks pack. It has Keeloketch in it, a long awaited one for him.

Tycho
02-15-2009, 10:42 AM
We'd seen that one before at the 2008 Comic Con slideshow.

I'm on the fence about it since they are from a Marvel comic and may not be painted in such a manner that they are useable for my dioramas. I haven't decided yet.

DarkJedi5
02-15-2009, 01:56 PM
The character's name is Lumiya, not Luminara (a typo where the photos are listed) and the Luke is probably between ANH and ESB, there's a photo in her wookieepedia page that looks like it's from the issue that inspired this set (towards the bottom, near the behind the scenes section). I still think the Vong looks a bit beefy and it's too bad the exoks have the marvel comics coloring, I'm torn on that set.

Rik Duel
02-15-2009, 02:58 PM
That story took place after Return of the Jedi. The artwork in the comic is actually pretty striking.

DarkJedi5
02-15-2009, 09:36 PM
I guess you're right, the caption says 4 ABY which is right about the same time as Jedi, so I guess it's immediately after.

figrin bran
02-15-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't even read Legacy any longer but I want Krayt!

bigbarada
02-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Darth Krayt definitely has that crappy 1990s comic book villain look down pat. I think I liked him better when he was just a badly drawn Rob Liefeld villain.

Which is saying a lot because I hated Darth Krayt when he was just a badly drawn Rob Liefeld villain. :D

pbarnard
02-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Everything in those pictures makes me happy, except the Yuuzhan Vong. Beyond the proportions, the armor is just off to me. More metalic than organic. Plus having the Krayt there who's also wearing Vonduum Crab armor is really a needle to the eye of a lot of us who'd been expecting a YV warrior for some time. Will it stop me from picking up 2 or 3 sets? Nope, like I said, I've wanted a YV for a long time, it stopped me from picking up a dozen.

El Chuxter
02-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Darth Krayt definitely has that crappy 1990s comic book villain look down pat. I think I liked him better when he was just a badly drawn Rob Liefeld villain.

Which is saying a lot because I hated Darth Krayt when he was just a badly drawn Rob Liefeld villain. :D
I've never thought of it that way, but you're so dead on!

bigbarada
02-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I've never thought of it that way, but you're so dead on!

I'm going to start calling him Darth Stryfe. ;)

El Chuxter
02-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Y'know, BigB, the best part about that cover is that, in retrospect, it looks like Scott is saying, "Jean, stay down! I'll hit him in the crotch with the baby! It won't hurt him, but it should confuse the hell out of him just long enough for us to get away!"

DarkJedi5
02-17-2009, 08:18 PM
At least Darth Krayt doesn't have nipples on his armor like Stryfe....

bigbarada
02-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Y'know, BigB, the best part about that cover is that, in retrospect, it looks like Scott is saying, "Jean, stay down! I'll hit him in the crotch with the baby! It won't hurt him, but it should confuse the hell out of him just long enough for us to get away!"

:D

I think this storyline took place right around the end of my interest in the X-Men (although I do think I stuck around long enough to catch Joe Maduriera's (sp?) run on the series). So whatever happened to that baby?

And when did Beast turn into the Lion King?

El Chuxter
02-17-2009, 09:19 PM
He became Cable. Yes, all of Scott and Jean's kids eventually came back from the future.

And I think Grant Morrison turned Beast into a lion when he first took over. Beast (the forumite) would probably disagree, but Morrison's run makes for good reading, sorta a cool "What If?" starring the X-Men.

bigbarada
02-17-2009, 09:35 PM
He became Cable. Yes, all of Scott and Jean's kids eventually came back from the future.

And I think Grant Morrison turned Beast into a lion when he first took over. Beast (the forumite) would probably disagree, but Morrison's run makes for good reading, sorta a cool "What If?" starring the X-Men.

Yikes! That's awful, Rob Liefeld strikes again.:mad: So who was X-Man?

I'm not a huge fan of the lion look for Beast; but then again, I wasn't too crazy about his blue & furry look either and I got used to that.

I always liked the human Beast the most (particularly the old school Jack Kirby rendition) and it's nice to see that his human look has returned in some X-Men books. I just discovered the X-Men: First Class series and ordered the TPB off of Amazon, so I look forward to reading that. Also, the human Beast seems to be one of the faculty members in the X-Men: Evolution cartoon series (which I just discovered on YouTube two days ago). Even though I only saw him in one episode and they never actually called him Beast.

DarkArtist
02-18-2009, 11:15 AM
I can't wait till these come out. the Luke looks amazing up close and I think Hasbro really captured the figure.

Kidhuman
02-19-2009, 02:53 PM
I just found the WM Exclusive Ewok 3 pack wave of comic packs. I didnt get the rebel pilots one.

sebillba
02-19-2009, 03:24 PM
I just found the WM Exclusive Ewok 3 pack wave of comic packs. I didnt get the rebel pilots one.

How do they look up against the other ewoks? Do they blend in well, or stand out as being too cartoony? Also, are they all brand new sculpts?

DarkJedi5
02-19-2009, 04:34 PM

Darn, as soon as I read that post I ran out to my local WM and they had nothing. The pegs are so bare it's disgusting. Hopefully I'll see these soon. The again the Hasbro slide at toy fair said 3/1 which is still two weeks away so I probably won't see them for another month knowing my lame WM.

Kidhuman
02-19-2009, 08:40 PM
How do they look up against the other ewoks? Do they blend in well, or stand out as being too cartoony? Also, are they all brand new sculpts?

The only thing that stands out as cartoony is the head dress colors, otherwise they are perfect blend with the other Ewoks. Ones is wearing armor and another a belt of a Stormtrooper. It also comes with a Stormie helmet.The sulpts are really good, for 12 bucks, 3 figs is a good price and a nice army builder

Darn, as soon as I read that post I ran out to my local WM and they had nothing. The pegs are so bare it's disgusting. Hopefully I'll see these soon. The again the Hasbro slide at toy fair said 3/1 which is still two weeks away so I probably won't see them for another month knowing my lame WM.

I was shocked as hell to see them. I thought they were a summer time item. And for me to find anything first is really odd.

El Chuxter
02-19-2009, 11:58 PM
dOES THE eWOK THREE-PACK HAVE AN ACCURATE cHIEF cHIRPA IN fRENCH MAID OUTFIT? tHAT'S THE VARIANT i WANT.

:D

Tycho
02-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Oh that would be awesome for Princess Kaneesa's figure, Chux!

DarkArtist
02-26-2009, 03:55 PM
found all 3 of the walmart packs last night. haven't had a chance to open them yet but the Amanaman looks sweet can't wait to see it loose