PDA

View Full Version : Other New Galactic Heroes Shown at Toy Fair.

Tycho
02-15-2009, 06:57 AM
The Mouse Droid got its own thread. I'd never have it any other way!

But the Rebel Fleet Trooper looks great! Pellos Scrambas the Galactic Hero!

CoachD
02-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Here is a link
http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2009/Hasbropanel/image23.asp

I think the Obi Wan Starfighter (ep3) look really cool.

both Toys-R-Us exclusives look nice too.
- Purchase of Droids
- Kamino Showdown
Its nice to see they put 5 out of 8 new figures in each set.

The two pack wave #2 looks ok as well. I am glad to get Ackbar and Nien Numb and the Rebel-Stormtrooper look nice. Do we get two Jawas and R2 in that pack?

The Endor Celebration Cinema Scene is not that interesting to me. I am not crazy for the spirit-hologram figures.

These mostly had release dates of May-August.... is there nothing before then? (wave 1 for the two packs and cinema scenes is already out).

All in all, i like the upcoming sets. Looks like I am going to keep collecting this line through 2009 :)

Kidhuman
02-15-2009, 09:06 AM
the only thing that sucks is the TRU exclusives. I hate that because I dont have one nearby.

CoachD
02-15-2009, 09:10 AM
the only thing that sucks is the TRU exclusives. I hate that because I dont have one nearby.

hehe... imagine living in Norway like me!!! :)

Kidhuman
02-15-2009, 09:13 AM
My TRU is 50 miles away, sorry to hear about your situation.

Tycho
02-15-2009, 09:46 AM
But CoachD can visit the film location for Hoth / Echo Base much more easily than any of us!

Also the Ewok Celebration scene comes with the Exclusive GH Leia Endor figure.

sonofsokol
02-19-2009, 11:53 PM
The new Luminara/Super Battle Droid, Dwarf Spider Droid/Clone, Duros/Garindan, General Veers/AT-AT Driver, Jar Jar/Padme, Mace Windu/Purple Clone, and Ponda Baba/Snaggletooth 2-packs are available on hasbro.com/starwars for pre-order with shipping beginning on March 16th... I'm in Utah and haven't seen any of these yet.

Tycho
02-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Thanks. I ordered some of those from Hasbro, along with the 3 3/4" Jawa and WED droid that I was missing.

CoachD
02-20-2009, 12:49 PM
The new Luminara/Super Battle Droid, Dwarf Spider Droid/Clone, Duros/Garindan, General Veers/AT-AT Driver, Jar Jar/Padme, Mace Windu/Purple Clone, and Ponda Baba/Snaggletooth 2-packs are available on hasbro.com/starwars for pre-order with shipping beginning on March 16th... I'm in Utah and haven't seen any of these yet.

I wonder why they arnt shipping them already? I just got mine of those you mentioned this week. I ordered from Bigbadtoystore and they arrived here to Norway on wednesday (also with the snowspeeder and xwing sets).

Tycho
02-21-2009, 09:21 AM
You got the GH Snowspeeder? How is it?

That's so awesome! I'll probably go and order from BBTS then.

CoachD
02-26-2009, 11:50 AM
You got the GH Snowspeeder? How is it?

That's so awesome! I'll probably go and order from BBTS then.

The snowspeeder is pretty cool. My son really likes that it has the wheels on the bottom. Unfortunately he has already broken on of the probots legs off (good thing I order two sets, one for play hehe)

The xwing set.... i am not that thrilled with. the figures are good, but the ship is shorter than the original xwing and the open close function on the wings dont really hold in the position you want, so its more of a loose flapping. I think they should have just repacked (again) the original xwing. Also the droid doesnt "clip" into the socket, so if you do a roll he flys out.

The snowspeeder will double in coolness once we have an ATAT to bring down!! :)

Tycho
02-27-2009, 12:10 AM
I'd never have guessed they wouldn't just use the same mold for the X-wing since Playskool's Star Wars Adventures.

sonofsokol
03-13-2009, 10:32 AM
I picked up the Snow Speeder set at my local Walmart. They had the X-wing, but passed on it, we already have two and my wife said 3 x-wings is 2 too many. The snow speeder is pretty sweet. It was my favorite ship growing up. Like CoachD said above, this will be even more fun when the AT-AT comes out. My boy flew the new speeder all over the house for like an hour.

One thing I thought was really cool is that the Luke it comes with is different that the Lukes that have come with the other 2 X-wings. He has tan colored gloves and boots instead of black. His hair is also lighter. Subtle changes, but its nice he's not identicle.

bigbarada
03-13-2009, 06:39 PM
I haven't been buying Galactic Heroes, but I also found the Snowspeeder set today and picked it up (It was listed at around $22-23, but only rang up as $19.95).

I almost passed on it, but I know I'll want it when the AT-AT comes out, so I figured I might as well buy it now so the overall cost of both sets is broken up over time.

Anyways, I love this set! The Luke is different enough that he doesn't really seem like a repack, so it's like getting three all new figures and an all-new vehicle. I definitely don't feel that I was forced to buy several figures I already owned just to get the vehicle (like the Skiff and Dewback sets).

My only possible complaint is that I would have preferred Luke to come with a harpoon gun instead of a lightsaber molded into his hand, but for the sake of kids playing with this, I understand that it needs to be a lightsaber.

Otherwise, my first big Star Wars purchase of 2009 and I'm happy.:)

Tycho
03-15-2009, 02:13 PM
I bought the Snowspeeder at TRU the other day and I'm very happy with it too.

I haven't opened it up yet as I want to take time to do it carefully so I can preserve the diorama packaging with the Turret Cannon, etc.

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I am going to open the snow speeder set later tonight after I get home. I have kept it confined to its prison long enough and will finally let it take flight.

Someone earlier mentioned how much cooler it will be once we have the AT-AT. I totally agree..I cannot wait to have the 2 of those together. Should be alot of fun.