PDA

View Full Version : Ephant Mon!!

Beast
02-21-2002, 12:22 PM
Now that we have seen the sculpt input sheet for the upcoming Ephant Mon figure, what does everyone think? Looks pretty good to me. Will definatly have a place in my Jabba's palace. Nice to see another big critter like Amanaman get produced. Hopefully soon we will get Hermi Odle as well. That will go a long way to improving on the lack of Jabba's Palace Aliens that we need. Seems the Cantina is getting the primary attention figure wise, but hopefully soon they will switch gears and toss a couple more of Jabba's vile minions twords us. :D I'm posting the info here, as well as the large size image of the sculpting sheet so we can discuss it here. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fans' Choice Figure #3 - Update Ephant Mon
Feb 21, 2002
This is a sculpt input of Fans' choice figure #3 Ephant Mon. The sculpt input is a 2-D tool for the sculptor to begin creating a 3-D wax. A sculpt input denotes the structure, scale, texture, part breakdown and articulation of a figure as well as any accessories or special features that the figure has. A sculpting input is not only used by the sculptor to create the wax, but also by costing engineers to do preliminary cost analysis of the figure. This sculpt input of Ephant Mon shows that the figure is designed to have articulation points at the arms, legs and wrists. In addition it shows Ephant Mon's cane accessory that will have Jabba the Hut's logo sculpted onto the top of the handle and a Vibro-blade that will plug into the bottom of the cane. Check back for progress on your Fans' Choice Figure #3!

2-1B
02-21-2002, 12:35 PM
Have they announced if it will be a deluxe figure? What pack ins might it include, other than the weapons? Maybe they could do an ARTICULATED Salacious B. Crumb?

I didn't vote for him, but I'll buy him :)

Lord Tenebrous
02-21-2002, 01:06 PM
Wow, don't change a thing. I like him.

Hopefully, this won't be a deluxe figure (although all the men in the POTJ deluxe sported bare chests :rolleyes: ) I can see it in the larger bubble, body tilted, and the head tilted even further.

Accessories are cool, especially the blade sheath on his leg. Great detailing. A+ for concept design. Can't wait for first-shot photos.

Beast
02-21-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Have they announced if it will be a deluxe figure? What pack ins might it include, other than the weapons? Maybe they could do an ARTICULATED Salacious B. Crumb?
I didn't vote for him, but I'll buy him :)
I dunno about him being a deluxe figure, with the new bubble size with the combined blue carded Star Wars figures, he probably would fit on a basic card. I would prefer a deluxe figure though, and then they can pack Bubo in with him. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-21-2002, 01:25 PM
Simply stunning. Although I do kind of wish the cloth that covers him was removable but all told this looks to be the highlight of the year for me. Love the vibro dagger and the leg sheath. love the black sun logo on the cane, love the articulated wrists Love the weirdness of his narrow head. love the wrinkles and folds Love the fact that he doesn't appear to be doing the splits ;) Yes I have to say that this is a stirling design and I'm glad that hasbro have gone back to showing us designs even if it isn't for all of them. Some more of that would be great. Photos of the process of design would be a nice touch to their webpage too. 'From concept to consumer - a follow through report' yes I could quite fancy seeing some of that on their webpages alright.
back to the figure, any news on whether this will be a deluxe or regular carded figure? Hope it's a regular card like Ellors madak. It'll be a darned sight easier to get hold of then. This is one I do not want to miss out on.

InsaneJediGirl
02-21-2002, 01:32 PM
Great figure,I just hope it is not deluxe,that would mean
we would have to shell out more money..Moving back
to topic,as far as I can tell,this figure is nicely detailed
and pretty well sculpted.

Unit-01
02-21-2002, 02:38 PM
Well they ARE going to use the new packaging. Maybe it will be a Basic after all.

AmanaMatt
02-21-2002, 02:40 PM
wow, slightly more impressive looking to me than any 'masseuse' figure could have been!

Articulation and leg sheath are nice

Wolfwood319
02-21-2002, 02:44 PM
The sketches are lookin' good! Let's hope the figure turns out good too, it is the "Fan's Choice" afterall.

Now that this guy is in production, shouldn't we be expecting another fan's choice poll soon?

JEDIpartner
02-21-2002, 02:48 PM
He's got boobies!! :eek: I hope this means a Yarna figure won't be too far behind! :)

He looks pretty cool. I never really looked at him in the film. He's kinda like the Eeyore of Jabba's Court. no? :confused:

Kinda cool. I hope they don't botch him all up. It looks like they are on the right track. Nice going!

evenflow
02-21-2002, 03:06 PM
Finally. Very nice to see he will have some articulation to him. I just hope that they include Bubo eventually with him.

I hope that we will be getting another fan choice poll soon.

Lord Tenebrous
02-21-2002, 03:13 PM
Maybe they could do an ARTICULATED Salacious B. Crumb

If they did, it might look a little something like this.

Rollo Tomassi
02-21-2002, 03:20 PM
Um...it's just a drawing guys.

You want ANOTHER Salacious??:( :confused: :(

••SLAP•••

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-21-2002, 03:32 PM
Nice close up there yor Lordship. I don't really want another Salacious for a long time. Some other small creature maybe like Rappertunie or Bubo or Wol Cabbawotsit. Maybe more band members or skiff guards. jabba himself. But not the dreaded Salacious pack-in please. :eek: After the last one they proved they don't give a monkeys nuts for the pack-in as that Salacious was atrocious. Bendy lurid pink and couldn't stand or sit. They'd only screw it up further if they tried again. Let's just rest aliittle easier that this fan choice is finally moving along some.

Another fan choice poll after the fiasco of vote rigging last time? Why not just insist they make all the figures from the previous polls choices and stop messing about with poopy polls. Just work backwards through the choices according to amount of votes for each that were cast. That way we get stuff like Ozzel and Derlin and Rieeken and podracers and twi'Lek girls for those that like them. Sounds more fun than another gut wrenching poll shabbily run. surely I can't be alone in thinking this?

Amanamike
02-21-2002, 05:03 PM
I like jarjars idea of having the Bubo pack in. That would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. And who cares if its deluxe if we can get both those guys on one card. No more Salicious.

bigbarada
02-21-2002, 06:35 PM
The last fan choice poll was more than a little fishy.

However, from the drawing this figure is looking really nice. I was worried about how they could possibly articulate this figure, but it looks like he will do fine. I don't think anybody who voted for him expected more than three or four points of articulation.

sith_killer_99
02-21-2002, 06:58 PM
Well I didn't vote for him:(

Soopid Elifan man!:cry:

Sooo many babes of the Star Wars universe and we get yet another ugly soopid head.:(

But he does look pretty cool!:D :crazed:

Amanamike
02-21-2002, 07:02 PM
I voted for him

LTBasker
02-21-2002, 07:12 PM
I can't think of anything on the figure to really complain about... So you know it's gotta be a good figure then! :D Can't wait for this dude, and it's nice his main feature isn't just "standing there."

Beast
02-21-2002, 07:44 PM
Another thing, if they do decide to make it a deluxe figure it will continue the half nude deluxe figures from the OT trend. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
02-21-2002, 08:02 PM
Amanaman was a little more than half nude. When I get one, I'll be sure to make him a nice cloth diaper, so he doesn't chafe anything.

Or I can just go all out and knit him a tuxedo. :p

hairless chewie
02-22-2002, 01:01 AM
HEY.....Jar Jar and Darth D actually agree on something!! Alright! E-mon will look pretty cool. I hope he won't be a big plastic paperweight/spawn like figure. I'm all for a new poll. But instead of just five choices, why not 10 or 20. The first one was in the insider wtih a whole page to choose from. Or a Rebel/Imperial only poll.

The force is slow with this one.....

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 08:28 AM
I've just come up with a splendid idea! Instead of a Salacious Crumb, they could have Bubo as a pack in!

(pats self on back);)

Jayspawn
02-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Cool! Deluxe or standard, I'll get him. It's great to finally have one of the bigger aliens from Jabba's Palace made.

Beast
02-22-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Cool! Deluxe or standard, I'll get him. It's great to finally have one of the bigger aliens from Jabba's Palace made.
Yep, first Amanaman and now Ephant Mon, dare we hope that Hermi Odle might be a possibility sometime soon as well? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-22-2002, 01:49 PM
I'd rather see Ephant come with an R2 w/ Drink try. :p

I agree, deluxe or standard, this figure is most definitely gonna rock.

Beast
02-22-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I'd rather see Ephant come with an R2 w/ Drink try. :p
I agree, deluxe or standard, this figure is most definitely gonna rock.
Great Idea LTB, though knowing Hasbro they will hold the R2-D2 off for his own release instead of using him as a pack in. I still wonder why we haven't ever gotten a 4" version of R2-D2: Bartender. :confused:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mabudonicus
02-25-2002, 04:38 PM
To me it looks as if the figure should have the bulk of say muftak at least. If hbro can call amanaman "deluxe", then this should be no exception.
I feel the need to echo Darth Dubious' sentiment that salacious crumb is the poorest excuse for a SW figure so far. It's weird-the one packed in with oola was painted better, but mine didn't stand. Ironically, the new "transluscent/day-glo" version stands nice, but stinks at the same time. How come everything less than 2" tall/long (like the freakin GUNS) has to be made of (IMHO) one of the cheapest, crummiest materials ever discovered?
Paint don't stick to the $%#@ properly, and guns made outta the $%^$%# are so useless, arrrrrrgh!! Who needs a one piece rifle with like 4 distinct bends in it??
Who needs a wee pack in s.crumb(which, even though it's an obvious piece of %$^$# DOUBLES the price of the item in question) or a ton of wet-noodle guns??
Do they have to make all pack ins out of the same cheesy junk for cost reasons, or do they think it's better this way? (I know, it's safety related I guess)
Is it safer now that SWAF can't point their guns,and the wee villains can't stand up, or what??

LTBasker
02-25-2002, 04:58 PM
I think they did it so it's safer that if a child get it's caught in their throat instead of something hard and rough-edged tearing at their throat while they're trying to get it to go down out of their throat or up via heimlich manuever it'll be softer plastic that will bend and therefore not taking up the space and easier to get out.

Kinda like choking on a hard taco shell instead of a soft taco shell, which would just slide down. And I have choked on a piece of a hard taco shell.

Darth Rage
02-26-2002, 02:47 AM
Looks like Ephant mon has ****,