PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME new Terminator2 figures from NECA!

Devo
02-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Attention Terminator fans. 2009 is going to be one hell of a year for cool Terminator merchandise what with T4 on the way - however possibly the best figures won't be from T4 at all but from T2. Behold these 2ups of new 7" figures from NECA. A dream finally fulfilled after the relative disappointment of McFarlanes single 'no likeness' T-800. I got this link from a thread over at Sideshow Freaks.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2009/NecaT2/default.asp

There will be 2 sets of releases comprising:

undamaged T-800w/shotgun + T-800 revealing endo arm + retooled, re-accessorised NECA endoskeleton

followed later by-

T-800 w/mini-gun, bandolier&grenade launcher + battledamaged arm T-800 w/second full battledamaged head + Endoskeleton#2

Lets discuss the coolness of these figures and future possibilities!

Beast
02-16-2009, 07:53 PM
These look awesome. Way better than the Playmates stuff.

Which is why I mentioned them in the Playmates thread. Hehe.

Really like the Terminator with the endoarm reveal. Great likeness and look.

Devo
02-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Dammit I didn't look in there. I never get to deliver good news first! Well anyway I think they're worthy of their own thread.

You're right about that exposed endo arm figure - looks really cool - its one I've always wanted but assumed any company would just go for the obvious ones as has been the case up to now. NECA look like they're going to properly milk the license which suits me to a 'T', no pun intended.

The existance of these figures virtually guarantees similar (multiple) treatment for the T-1000 -

Galleria&pescadero scenes
-undamaged patrol cop version
-shotgun hit patrol cop
-split head with hook arms&shotgun hits (these 3 like sideshows figure with trousers sitting over the shoes)

-undamaged Biker-cop T-1000
-frozen biker cop T-1000!

Steelmill scenes
-Donut head T-1000w/shotgun hits
-Split down the side T-1000
-exploded T-1000 (these 3 retained the boots from biker cop outfit, mcfarlane based their T-1000 here)