PDA

View Full Version : David Duchovny is a dirty liar!

Rollo Tomassi
02-21-2002, 02:46 PM
So he said he'd never come back huh? www.thexfiles.com says different...

DAVID DUCHOVNY TO RETURN FOR THE TWO-HOUR SERIES FINALE OF 'THE X-FILES' MAY 19

Duchovny Also Slated To Direct One of Show's Final Episodes

David Duchovny will reprise his role as FBI Agent Fox Mulder when he stars in the two-hour series finale of THE X-FILES Sunday May 19 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

In true X-FILES fashion, story details for the remaining episodes of the series are under tight wrap. The final five episodes will begin to provide highly anticipated answers to many of the show's most-asked questions, culminating in the two-hour finale in which Agent Mulder is reunited with Agent Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) after having gone missing for the past year. Also, the final episodes of the series will examine many of the pieces involved in the long-running mythology that has continued throughout the show's nine seasons. The series finale is being written by series creator and executive producer Chris Carter and directed by co-executive producer Kim Manners.

In addition to appearing in the two-hour series finale, Duchovny is also confirmed to direct THE X-FILES episode scheduled to air Sunday, April 28 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), which is based on a story idea he co-wrote with Carter and executive producer Frank Spotnitz.

Last season, Agent Scully and her new associate in the X-files office, Agent John Doggett (Robert Patrick), investigated the mysterious alien abduction of Agent Mulder and successfully saved him from a fate that would have placed him under alien control. This season, Scully and Doggett have been joined by Agent Monica Reyes (Annabeth Gish) in their investigations, including a shocking government cover-up with possible ties to the FBI and Scully and Mulder's newborn son.

Duchovny co-stars in the upcoming Steven Soderbergh film "Full Frontal" and is represented by Creative Artists Agency and Melanie Greene Management.

Lord Malakite
02-21-2002, 03:18 PM
Boy, everyone is against the cast of X-Files these days. :D
Well, it wasn't like this was unexpected. Its only fair that he makes one final appearance on the series finale of the show that got his career started.

Lord Tenebrous
02-21-2002, 03:32 PM
It might be the show that got his career started, but David sure hasn't done anything to advance it. He can now be typecast into two roles, "Charming Idiot" and "Alien Investigator"

His involvement in the Red Shoe Diaries is minimal, and I think the dog had more charm. Not to mention that the series stinks.

AmanaMatt
02-21-2002, 03:48 PM
I am still a fan of the series, though it has been difficult (still po'ed that gunmen is not on the air, but that's another story), BUT, I am very happy that Mulder will be on screen for at least the last epsiode; wouldn't have felt right, otherwise!

Wolfwood319
02-21-2002, 03:50 PM
Does anyone even watch X-Files anymore? I haven't watched for a few years now, and the few episodes I did catch weren't very good.

Oh well, all's well that end's well. What are they going to replace X-Files with on Sundays?

derek
02-21-2002, 03:53 PM
when he quit the show, he was suing chris carter and fox for supposidly cheating him out of money for re runs of the show. now that some time has passed, and his legal issue has been resolved and not many scripts are going to him, he has had a change of heart.

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-21-2002, 06:16 PM
Help - it's a conspiracy to subvert TV entertainment, David Duchovny is in league with the devil who is the succubus of Gillian Anderson. Chris Carter is a demon and must be expunged or defenestrated immediately!!! We're all doomed if the real FBI get wind of this and open up area 69!!!!!!!! :eek: Course, there's always the endless 'files' re-runs........... *yawn* :dead:

Mandalorian Candidat
02-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Is X-Files still on TV? Does anyone still care? Dude, where's my car?

JEDIpartner
02-21-2002, 10:37 PM
I still watch it. Sometimes it's good sometimes it's not. Overall... it's still better than those stupid "Friends".

Hey! I'll bet Robert Patrick wouldn't have come back if he left! :D

Mandalorian Candidat
02-22-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I still watch it. Sometimes it's good sometimes it's not. Overall... it's still better than those stupid "Friends".

Hey! I'll bet Robert Patrick wouldn't have come back if he left! :D

Come back if he left?! Where would he go in the first place? On the T2 convention circuit? ;)