PDA

View Full Version : Geonosis Assault Battle Pack

Dark Marble
02-18-2009, 05:28 PM
I was just checking out the cool pics of the upcoming figures this year and came across the new Geonosis Assault Battle Pack. Now, I hope what we see here is incomplete because it looks like we are only getting one pod per pack.

Does this bother anyone else? That would be $40 to outfit one gunship for the 5 gunships they have given us...:mad:

mtriv73
02-18-2009, 05:32 PM
I was just checking out the cool pics of the upcoming figures this year and came across the new Geonosis Assault Battle Pack. Now, I hope what we see here is incomplete because it looks like we are only getting one pod per pack.

Does this bother anyone else? That would be $40 to outfit one gunship for the 5 gunships they have given us...:mad:

GH got it confirmed yesterday that it is one pod and 2 pilots per pack.

I can live with only outfitting one gunship with the upgraded pods. I've only got the old ones on one and it hasn't killed me yet. Unfotunately, with price increases it's going to be more like $50 to buy the 2 packs to put them on one gunship. I feel your pain, but at least were getting the pods finally.

DarkJedi5
02-18-2009, 05:38 PM
To be honest, considering the size of the turret and that it comes with two clones I'm not surprised. Battlepacks have gotten pretty skimpy these days with only four figures each and usually only one or two of those are new. This isn't a huge deal for me, I only have one gunship (but am about to break down and pay eBay prices for the "shark" CW one from a few years ago) but that's $40+ for two pods. The again, that would also add 4 SA pilots.

Then again, if I went and did outfit four gunships at once, that is well over $80 and I'd feel that pinch for sure. Then again I know there's a dude who makes customs on eBay that look pretty good. I think you get a pair for $25. So that's cheaper but Hasbro throws in the clones.

Snowtrooper
02-18-2009, 11:24 PM
I'd like to see this on a gunship before I buy it. It looks like it would block the whole doorway.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Not to mention the fact that I'm going to end up with more pilots than I need - the pods have regular white clones in them. So, when you buy two packs to outfit one gunship, you'll have more than enough pilots. Maybe they can release the second clone with the plain white helmet instead of the pilot one.

Cane_Adiss
02-19-2009, 03:09 PM
There was a rumor posted somewhere that Hasbro may be considering doing a new gunship at some point. Perhaps these were designed with that possibility in mind...

DarkJedi5
02-19-2009, 03:36 PM
The gunship would have to be HUGE! Like BMF big. It would probably make a crappy toy cause no kid could lift it and fly it around if it were to scale with those bubble pods.

clone157
02-19-2009, 06:44 PM
The gunship would have to be HUGE! Like BMF big. It would probably make a crappy toy cause no kid could lift it and fly it around if it were to scale with those bubble pods.

That would be true, but it would be cool to get one with two doors like in the animated series. Not to mention if it could actually hold BARC speeders (2 please) instead of the "older" speederbikes. Maybe even with an opening rear hatch?

The battlepack does need some work. Maybe a special clone gunner instead of the second pilot. That way even if you don't have a gunship, you can use it as a cannon. Also would be great if it could be used in some capacity with the Turbo Tank.