PDA

View Full Version : Docking Bay "94" in the film

JediTricks
02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
I too never noticed this before, but in the film, there are recognizable numbers next to the door to the docking bay. I've attached the image, it comes from this site:
http://index.echostation.com/trilogy/innercity.htm

Worse still, the design reeks of '70s sci-fi cheese.

You've learned it, now you can't UN-learn it!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Hey, that's pretty cool. I kind of remember seeing a shot of that somewhere but didn't know it was in the finished film. That website looks to be quite fascinating, too.

Slicker
02-20-2009, 04:47 AM
Well, I'll be John Browned. I'll have to watch ANH now to see just how noticable it is or if it's just a quick flash.

Old Fossil
02-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Hasbro include the design with the packaging ofthe current GH Cinema Scene with the Dewback.

bobafrett
02-20-2009, 09:20 AM
I noticed it long ago, it was so big, but then I've watched the film at least 50 times.

Darth Jax
02-20-2009, 09:31 AM
my first recollection of it was the SE on the big screen.

JediTricks
02-20-2009, 02:32 PM
So funny how a few folks saw it right away, while most of us are totally caught off guard. And I assure you, it's not like I haven't seen the film a bunch of times either.

Darth Jax
02-20-2009, 04:54 PM
i don't really notice it while watching it on dvd, but i remember that it really jumped out (for me, at least) on the big screen.

Jargo
02-20-2009, 06:55 PM
I saw a while back but didn't realise it was in relief, actually sculpted into the wall until fairly recently. in the days when i only saw the movie on VHS I always assumed it was just a pattern painted on the wall.

Maerj2000
02-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I noticed it a long time ago as well. Its weird that they did in that style tho, its almost as if they were trying to hide it. In all of the shot using binoculars they use numbers, even in the Clone Wars series, and in the timer for the Death Stars approach toward the end of ANH. In the DVD Special Editions they got rid of the English writing, like the Tractor Beam controls, but they leave the numbers. Kinda strange.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-20-2009, 07:26 PM
One of my friends (who's seen the OT films much more than I) several years back told me he heard "shutting up, sir" and "no blasters! " in ANH, which I'd heard pretty early on. So there's probably many details even a hardcore fan might miss. I never noticed the Hutt frieze relief on the walls inside the Sail Barge until someone told me about them.

Slicker
02-21-2009, 03:14 AM
I never noticed the Hutt frieze relief on the walls inside the Sail Barge until someone told me about them.You can even see little head sculptures on the walls too. The only ones I recall right now are an Ishi Tibb and I believe the Rancor.

Exhaust Port
02-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Wow, add me to the list that never saw that. Thanks for the info JT.

2-1B
02-21-2009, 02:11 PM
that's not 94, it says eU and Chewbacca is standing next to it, giving his endorsement of the Expanded Universe.

Darth Jax
02-21-2009, 02:13 PM
since EU killed him, you wouldn't think chewie would be a fan

JediTricks
02-24-2009, 07:17 PM
I noticed it a long time ago as well. Its weird that they did in that style tho, its almost as if they were trying to hide it. In all of the shot using binoculars they use numbers, even in the Clone Wars series, and in the timer for the Death Stars approach toward the end of ANH. In the DVD Special Editions they got rid of the English writing, like the Tractor Beam controls, but they leave the numbers. Kinda strange.Yeah, the numbers is a little odd in the binocs and other places, I was glad they got rid of the "Tractor Beam" writing though, that looked really poor compared to the numbers.

One of my friends (who's seen the OT films much more than I) several years back told me he heard "shutting up, sir" and "no blasters! " in ANH, which I'd heard pretty early on. Those 2 get lost in the mix on some mixes, it's not hard to lose them, especially since even good mix versions depend on your audio system.