PDA

View Full Version : CW Magnaguard has gummy leg syndrome!

JediTricks
02-19-2009, 11:23 PM
NOOOO! I just got this figure last week, and today I found it sideways on my desk. When I went to stand it back up, it no longer could, the right leg had given out and then bent quite a bit while laying down. Also, the hip had gone from normal to loose, adding to the troubles.

It's weird, these legs didn't even look that thin, but it appears the thin shins (ha!) are structurally weak and the soft plastic took its toll.

If they had included knee and ankle articulation, this wouldn't have happened. :mad:

Darth Jax
02-20-2009, 08:40 AM
droid and armored figures (clones & stormies) should become titanium figures. they'd cost a little more but i'd buy them because they would actually stand up without wilting.

Kidhuman
02-20-2009, 10:53 AM
I was looking at mine last night when I opened it and thought the knees were articulated. I was disappointed to see they werent.

JediTricks
02-20-2009, 01:28 PM
I was looking at mine last night when I opened it and thought the knees were articulated. I was disappointed to see they werent.
I had the same thing, they LOOK articulated because of the design, they reek of having a pin-hinge on the upper knee, and clearly they could have this, the design all but screams for Hasbro to enable this - especially when the knees are larger than the articulated elbows.

JetsAndHeels
02-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Perhaps I should leave mine carded.

El Chuxter
02-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Mmmmmm... gummy legs!

darthbooger
02-21-2009, 01:32 PM
What did you guys think of the assasin droid?

Snowtrooper
02-21-2009, 01:58 PM
You'd think for over $7 a figure they could at least use good plastic. Especially anything that is going to have thin arms and legs.

darthbooger
02-21-2009, 02:07 PM
yup, you would.

JediTricks
02-21-2009, 03:01 PM
What did you guys think of the assasin droid?IG-86 rules! Not only does he have a comparable paint job and much more interesting sculpt, but I have him free-standing on my desk right next to all the other CW droids, he's in this cool guns-ablazin', wide-stance, bent-kneed pose, and he's STILL standing after several weeks. Knee and ankle articulation here made all the difference, the joints take up the stress and the figure keeps standing. It doesn't hurt either that the cylindrical design of his limbs is going to be stronger than the flatter design of the BD and Magnaguard legs.

darthbooger
02-21-2009, 03:40 PM
who knows,maybe they had to cut costs down on the magnaguard. LOL:D

jediguy
02-21-2009, 04:34 PM
I rarely have this problem because I always use the Protech action figure stands

I put some tacky glue on each foot and make sure the figure is leaning against something to hold it up straight

the only figures that warp on me are the Battle Droids made of the softest plastic found on Earth
I swear, old chewing gum has more firmness than those Battle Droids of the AOTC and after

Blue2th
02-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Good thing I only bought only one animated Magnagummy.

I'm fine with my loose realistic ROTC Magnaguards. I like the later white repaint too.

THE Slayer
02-26-2009, 03:57 PM
That sucks! I really liked this figure and wanted to pick up a couple! I guess I'll stick with just one. :(

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 02:45 AM
Keep in mind, there's almost certainly going to be a re-release with the cloak, but that does mean it's the cloaked head sculpt. I probably will buy it, assuming figures don't jump to $10 by the summer.