PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Collection Snowtrooper... huh???

Old Fossil
02-21-2009, 09:20 AM
SO I finally found a LC Snowtrooper last night. Pulled it right out of the case before it was stocked at Wal-Mart. My first thought was, 1 per case??? It's a good assortment, but jeez. Gonna be tough to army-build this one.

After opening it up this morning, I've decided that ONE of these is enough. This guy's helmet is a very light shade of pink. PINK!!! Like it got rolled around in some Geonosis soil or something. The rest of his armor is white enough.

Good grief. All my other Snowies are from the neo-Vintage line of a couple years ago. (I did not get the Target Ultimate pack versions.) Their helmets match the white of their body armor. What gives? Anybody else (un)lucky enough to get one of these notice this? I mean, it looks frickin' ridiculous, even from behind. I may never even display it, or if I do, it'll be sans helmet.

Grr!

Okay, rant over.:smoker:

Jargo
02-21-2009, 12:48 PM
I hate pink. she's such a faker.

Darth Jax
02-21-2009, 01:15 PM
she's available again, and advertising such in her newest song.

i've not even seen the snowtrooper, so don't know if his helmet is pink or not.

Blue2th
02-21-2009, 01:21 PM
I hate pink. she's such a faker.

She told me it's me and my hand tonight. :squareeye

I saw those Snowtroopers, but passed twice. The colors are odd now that you mention it. Didn't like the poop smears on the boots.

Glad I nabbed a bunch of the VOTC ones. The best ones so far. I like my Snowtroopers to stay out of the yellow snow pleeze.

Jargo
02-21-2009, 01:41 PM
you'd think if the empire is such a hard taskmaster dirt on armour or uniforms would be a very serious offence. and just how did those ANH sandtroopers get so dirty on an arid planet where the dirt just falls off plastisteel. why are snowtroopers getting dirty yellow boots from freshly fallen virgin snow?

as for the pink I can only imagine it's a bit like Lego white plastic is no longer white but creamy coloured inastead. all down to a change in plastics brought about by cost and quality corner cutting.

bigbarada
02-21-2009, 02:09 PM
as for the pink I can only imagine it's a bit like Lego white plastic is no longer white but creamy coloured inastead. all down to a change in plastics brought about by cost and quality corner cutting.

I bought two of these and the helmets are actually painted pink, because if you look at the inside of the helmet, it's pure white. So it's a light pink paint wash.

I'm going to try to remove it with some super fine grit sandpaper and see how that works; but I have no real intention of army building this guy anymore.

Jargo
02-21-2009, 03:01 PM
well that's just stupid then isn't it.

Rik Duel
02-21-2009, 04:19 PM
I saw one of these today and yeah the colors looked bad. Pass.

Blue2th
02-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Is this suppose to be a "Legends" version of the Snowtrooper in the Target Ultimate Battlepack I'm guessing?

bigbarada
02-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Is this suppose to be a "Legends" version of the Snowtrooper in the Target Ultimate Battlepack I'm guessing?

Well, I did a side by side comparison with my VTAC Snowtrooper and, aside from the helmet wash, it appears identical to the "vintage-style" version. The VTAC version had a pinkish wash over the helmet as well, but it wasn't as noticeable or as uniform across the whole helmet.

JediTricks
02-21-2009, 10:21 PM
The VTAC version had a "more" and "less" variant, obviously "less" was the earlier variant, and Hasbro just carried this deco forward.

Old Fossil
02-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Found 3 more of these tonight at a different Wal-Mart, and the pink wash is not as pronounced, but still noticeable. Wasn't bad enough to keep me from buying 'em, anyway.

Old Fossil
02-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Took my VTAC Snowies from storage yesterday and, well... I guess my memory ain't so good. The pinkish wash on the helmets is virtually identical on both the VTAC and Legends issue of this figure.:tired:

JediTricks
02-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Took my VTAC Snowies from storage yesterday and, well... I guess my memory ain't so good. The pinkish wash on the helmets is virtually identical on both the VTAC and Legends issue of this figure.:tired:
That's what happens to old fossils like you. ;)

DarkArtist
03-01-2009, 08:02 PM
didn't notice the pink on mine. might have to check this out. unfortunately i already have it packed up for the big move though. can't wait to start setting up some dio's in the house

TheDarthVader
03-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I will still buy as many as I can find. The snowtrooper is the only figure that I army build. Right now, I have about 50 snowtroopers, and, sadly, most are VTSC. Yep, it cost me a bunch of money to army build that one that is now $7.46. :(

Old Fossil
03-02-2009, 08:25 PM
I will still buy as many as I can find. The snowtrooper is the only figure that I army build. Right now, I have about 50 snowtroopers, and, sadly, most are VTSC. Yep, it cost me a bunch of money to army build that one that is now $7.46. :(

Wow! 50!!! That's impressive. I have 14, plus 1 VTSC carded. I've bought 4 of the current Legends run Snowies. (Guess I got over my initial angst over the helmet color...)

TheDarthVader
03-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks! It has not been easy. I will one day post a picture when my army building of the snowy is finished. He, of course, is my favorite trooper.

Snowtrooper
03-05-2009, 07:22 PM
I picked up 3 last weekend. The wash is a little darker on the ones I got. Closer to a tan than to pink. They don't have as wide of stance as the VTAC ones did, which I like.

DarkJedi5
03-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Aren't they the exact same figure? I mean, no changes at all?

bigbarada
03-06-2009, 03:16 AM
Aren't they the exact same figure? I mean, no changes at all?

There aren't any noticeable changes. I think the narrower stance might just be a result of the bubble squishing the legs together.

Snowtrooper
03-06-2009, 07:36 PM
It is the packaging. They are squashed in more tightly than they were in the VTAC cards, which is fine with me since the one thing I didn't like about the VTAC release was the wide stance.

AmanaMatt
03-07-2009, 12:21 PM
I've seen a couple of the legacy repacks and the paint wash on the helmets is like the VTAC ones: some look dirtier, pinker or cleaner than others....no two helmets look quite the same

I absolutely love this fig. One of Hasbro's best ever. Hope they do a Snowtrooper commander some day

TheDarthVader
03-13-2009, 06:21 PM
I would have to buy many snowtrooper commanders if they ever decided to make those. I have not found any legacy snowtroopers yet. :(

bigbarada
03-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, I've decided that I'm not going to army build this figure, so I've got two loose Legends Snowtroopers for anyone who wants them. So PM me if you're interested.

Kidhuman
03-13-2009, 08:36 PM
I found one today. I dont mind it at all being pinkish. PM sent BigB

bigbarada
04-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Well, I've still got a couple of Legends Snowtroopers if anybody is interested. :)