PDA

View Full Version : Custom TS Colonial Shuttle

Darth Duranium
02-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Got around to finishing off my custom "Titanium" Colonial Shuttle... let me know what you guys think!
I was thinking of adding a red (new series) Colonial Seal to the sides... hmmmmm... whaddayas think?

clone157
02-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Looks great, DT. I think the seal would be awesome! Another great feat!

Nightside
02-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Excellent work, DT! Your rag-tag fleet keeps getting bigger.

(Only 3 eps left :cry:)

Blue2th
03-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Wow! I missed this.

How did you do that? So detailed for the size. It's awesome DT!!!

This should have been released by Hasbro, Konami, or somebody!
(along with the Heavy Raider and Basestar :cry:)

Darth Duranium
03-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks, fellas!

Wow! I missed this.

How did you do that? So detailed for the size. It's awesome DT!!!

This should have been released by Hasbro, Konami, or somebody!
(along with the Heavy Raider and Basestar :cry:)

Jeez, no it's not scratch-built or kit-bashed, Blue... the shuttle mould was released by someone... minimodelmadness.com... I got it from eBay for $6... posted a pic of it here on SSG a few weeks ago in the Blackbird thread. I also picked up a BSG Mining ship, 2001 Moonbus, Icarus, and a few more... they're all pretty good but they need a lot of effort to turn 'em into something approaching displayable. I've had them for a couple of years in a box, but I'm sure they're still available.

FYI: The shuttle's solid unpainted yellow resin and comes in 3 pieces (ship + 2 engine caps)... needed a lot of sanding, filing, filling, drilling, and painting to turn it into a "Titanium" substitute. I added the antenna dish... borrowed it from a teeny Mars Lander that I had. The windows were a nightmare to paint.... so frakkin' tiny!

I used a few coats of grey primer under the white paint, then I scraped off some of the white to pick out details in grey. Worked out okay, I guess...

I wish they'd do a modern Basestar... it'd be worth the effort, IMHO.