PDA

View Full Version : Palitoy Millennium Falcon

roberr22
02-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Good afternoon. I just acquired a Vintage Millennium Falcon. The box reads Palitoy, but the Falcon itself shows Kenner Products; Cincinnati, Ohio on the bottom. Is this normal? Thanks!

Slicker
02-26-2009, 05:16 PM
I think that Palitoy was a British licensee for Star Wars toys.

roberr22
02-26-2009, 07:23 PM
But, the Falcon itself wasn't manufactured by Palitoy, correct? So, the Kenner marking on the bottom is accurate, right? I guess what I'm asking is if any Kenner or Palitoy vintage Millennium Falcons show a manufacturer stamp other than Kenner on the bottom of the ship itself.

Slicker
02-26-2009, 09:20 PM
They will all say Kenner because they're a Kenner product but I would have to guess that the Kenner factories couldn't keep up with deman so they hired other companies to help out and Palitoy was one of them.

roberr22
02-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Great! Thanks! :thumbsup:

LusiferSam
02-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I'd also say they should all say Kenner (but I don't know). The Palitoy Falcon and Kenner Falcon were the same toy. Unlike say the X-Wing (which had it's electronics removed) or the early playsets (which were similar but different). Kenner had no presents outside North America. They in order to sell their toys in other markets they licensed with other toy makers to sell in those places. Palitoy in the UK, Meccano in France, Lili Ledy in Mexico, Takara, Popy, and Tsukada Japan, etc. Takara and to a much less extent Palitoy made some of there own products. Now I know how the package labeling works, but I have no clue on the product themselves.

roberr22
02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
LuciferSam, as always, great info.! Thank you both! :thumbsup: