PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 65

JediTricks
02-27-2009, 02:13 AM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on Friday, March 20th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 64 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1934); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1936). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=666962#post666962).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- In Hasbro's awesome Comic-Packs line, we've been treated to Marvel Star Wars issues 1-4, and Dark Horse Revenge of the Sith issues 1, 3, and 4. Any chance we could get comic packs of the missing Marvel SW #5 and 6, and Dark Horse ROTS #2, to complete their respective tales? (Just spitballing ideas: we could certainly do with a Leia/3PO pack for MSW#5 and perhaps a Rebel/Imperial Pilot set for #6, and ROTS #2 could use Grievous and a new deco Clone.) And what about Comic Packs for the other movie adaptation comics like Marvel ESB and ROTJ, or Dark Horse TPM and AOTC?
- While we'd always prefer a worn paint deco on vehicles and droids, we understand sometimes the budget just can't do it. The next time you do a vehicle with a white deco where the budget prohibits additional weathering paint, could you please not use the clean-white color of plastic that you've used on the Clone Wars V-19 or the TLC Dagger Squadron B-wing? This white plastic is just too clean, it screams for weathering as it hides every sculpted line and gives an unwelcome plasticky toy look, while the slightly off-white colors of plastic seem to bring out the lines and look a little weathered better than clean.
- In the Clone Wars line, a few scale issues have come up. Obi-Wan and Anakin figures stand pretty short compared to their non-animated figure counterparts, while Clone Troopers stand unusually tall compared to their non-animated counterparts, and obviously this means CW Obi-Wan and Anakin stand pretty short compared to the Clones. What gives here? Was this an intentional choice, and if so, why?
- When we last asked about the Cade Skywalker/Darth Talon Comic Pack missing Cade's lightsaber, you told us that the tooling for it was lost so you'd be moving forward without it. Since then, the set has started hitting and it looks like a running change was made, the saber is showing up in some sets, but generally the sets with the saber are much harder to find and buyers have already got incomplete sets in their hands. Hasbro consumer affairs can only deal with this currently by taking the entire set back and saying they're not sure if they'll be able to replace the exact set or one of equal value. Could you please find a better way to get those missing lightsabers and saber hilts into buyers' collections?
- Why are the Droid Factory build-a-droid parts for C-3PX incompatible with the basic figures' build-a-droid parts, especially the other protocol droids like RA7's? 3PX has a ball joint for his head while RA7 has a post, and the pegs for the arms and legs also differ, thus making it impossible to mix-n-match parts, which the concept had otherwise highly adopted. Was this done on purpose, and if so, why?
- With Titanium Series 3" vehicles rapidly becoming one of the most successful Hasbro Star Wars sub-lines with over 60 individual carded releases, it's become nearly impossible to display them all at once. The main reason is that the unique packaging - although admirable in its specialized shape, custom graphics, and large window for the product - doesn't stack well and is very difficult to keep in mint condition with an easily-crushed and -scuffed round bubble, and vulnerable J-hook. Might Hasbro be willing to offer some sort of clamshell-style protective cases for the packaging, even if it's just through HasbroToyShop, similar to the one for the 3.75" figures?
- Does Hasbro have any plans to update the Dianoga in the near future? We need one that is better detailed, better articulated and perhaps featuring multiple bendy tentacles. If you were to update the Dianoga, what format would you release it in: Battle Pack, a basic carded figure, Ultimate Battle Pack, something else?
- Recently, Hasbro has updated cockpits on a few OT ships, including the B-wing and A-wing, not to mention the detailed cockpit on the new Millennium Falcon. We understand that the B-wing and A-wing got new detailed cockpits because they had the opportunity from their use as exclusives, but exclusives or not, are there any plans or thoughts about continuing that practice on other ships? The X-wing, TIE Fighter, and Y-wing are all good candidates for new, detailed cockpits, but would the small size of some of those cockpits prevent those upgrades?
- This might seem like an odd request, but could you re-issue the old Kenner X-wing, specifically the POTF2 version, with some modifications? There's no X-wing at kid pricing anymore, the only OT vehicles at the Starfighter pricepoint are lonely TIEs with nobody to fight, and that classic X-wing had some decent sculpting, strong wings, and is fun to whoosh about. As well, the POTF2 version had a pretty decent deco (though pre-applied stickers would be nice), and that version also had the best sound effects in any X-wing (aside from the Power FX X-wing, but the sacrifices there are numerous), those sounds alone would sell another batch to collectors. The set could use a tune-up on the cockpit interior, the canopy exterior, the dedicated R2-D2, and the blaster tips need to be reoriented to the proper upright position. Don't you think the kids today deserve an awesome X-wing fighter?
- In a recent Q&A, you mentioned that "[Hasbro] will continue working with Sideshow on their 12" figure program." As we know, Sideshow sub-licenses their 12" Star Wars through Hasbro's Star Wars license, but the intricacies of this relationship are not fully understood. With your recent comment above, collectors are ever more curious as to how exactly Hasbro and Sideshow work together on that 12" figure line. What types of input does Hasbro have into the Star Wars items that Sideshow produces?
- As shown at Toy Fair, the upcoming Geonosis Assault battle pack is coming with the long-requested Gunship pod turret and 2 clone pilots. Since each gunship had 2 turrets in the film, that will require buying 2 sets, making 4 pilots. However, the gunship is manned by 2 pilots in the cockpit, and 2 standard grunts in the turrets. While thrilled to get the pods and more clones, could we get a regular clone trooper helmet as well as, or even instead of 1 of, those pilot helmets so the gunships can be accurately, completely manned?
- With the new Droid Factory sets, included is a Corran Horn / Whistler 2-pack. As Corran Horn is an EU character, he is seen as not likely to get multiple figures, so as such, why is this 2-pack coming with a standard orange flight costume rather than Horn's more distinctive green-hued version? Whistler also is lacking his overall green tinge, but since this seems like it may be the only Corran Horn figure fans will see, why not make it as characteristically accurate as possible?
- With the nifty Build-a-Droid line, every basic figure gets a little bio paragraph on the card except the actual build-a-figure droids themselves. Some of these BAF droids are made up by Hasbro (or are the unknown designs made up by Lucasfilm?) and have no backstories at all, while others are from comics, novels, even tertiary characters in the movies. Might Hasbro add a section to their website to explain to casual collectors who these droids are, both in-universe and even behind-the-scenes info, and perhaps make up bios for the characters new to the line? This would be win-win, fans would get more nifty bios about their figures, and Hasbro would get more interaction between the figures and their site.
- Beyond Star Wars, many other franchises have tried their hand at Titanium Series - Battlestar Galactica, Indiana Jones, Marvel, Transformers, even Stargate was floated as being in some level of planning - yet they all eventually faded away from Titanium Series' light. What lessons has the Titanium Series team taken away from those other licenses' lines and their passings? For example, you put off the wave with the BSG Basestar and couldn't find a slot for this new tooling before the license ran out, yet you released a Starbuck repaint of the Viper mk 2 at theproverbial 11th hour (and didn't hit shelves until the 13th hour), an unusual distinction which fans don't really understand, and could use more behind-the-scenes insight into - why didn't that Basestar tooling get shoehorned into a later wave before the license with Universal ran out? Why release a repaint vehicle that won't satisfy fans as much, rather than an all-new mold which fans have been clamoring for?
- Some collectors shy away from EU items unless they tie into major characters from the films, or strongly ties into the movie saga story. With that in mind, what are the chances of seeing figures of these influential EU characters: the ghost of Luke Skywalker (Legacy), Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, Darth Plagueis, or even a young Count Dooku?
- Fans are glad to see the Jawa with WED Droid set produced, getting us 1 step closer to a complete "purchase of the droids" scene, but it seems like this pack-in WED droid is a tad on the large size. Comparison images have it around 25% larger than its movie counterpart. Also, the coloring on the toy is significantly different from the Jawa scene's white and red design seen at the droid sale (WED-15-ST68) - the gray and copper droid made into the figure was used in a cut scene by Fixer at Tosche station. So on the WED droid, why the increase in scale, and why the different colors?
- With the Build-A-Droid line, there's been some confusion about the naming with a few of the figures. First off, there's R2-N6 who was properly named at last year's Comic-Con presentation yet later got renamed to R2-L3. Second, there's the upcoming U-3PO figure that has a silver tone rather than the slightly brassy look from the movie, and is shipping in an ESB wave, a film which already has a silver protocol droid, E-3PO, except that character has white instead of yellow eyes. What's the deal with these figures and their identity issues?
- Regarding the future of Star Wars Mighty Muggs, what wave will be the final one at retail before the line becomes a TRU exclusive? Will some sought-after previous entries like Leia and the Stormtrooper be re-released? For Entertainment Earth's shared exclusives, who will they be sharing those with?
- When it comes to prequel Senators, we haven't seen much lately. The most asked of them is the Senator Grebleips figure - the E.T. alien - will we ever be getting this figure, is it just unlikely because it's a background alien, or is it totally off-limits because it's an easter egg from another film? Also, what about seeing senate figures from Ep 1 like Edcel Bar Gane, Sei Taria, Toonbuck Toora and Mot-Not Rab?
- Given that we have a number of figures from SW: Purge (Bultar Swan, Tsui Choi, Koffi Arana, and of course, Darth Vader), does Hasbro plan to complete the remaining Jedi figures from that story - Roblio Darte, Sia-Lan Wezz, Ma'kis'shaalas, and Jasus Farr - at some point in the foreseeable future?
- Does Hasbro have access to the old Kenner Droids line's vehicle molds, the Side Gunner, ATL Interceptor, perhaps even the infamously never released White Witch? Will there be any chance to see these given new life and released under Hasbro one day?
- Based on your slideshow at Toy Fair, there seems to be a discrepancy on the subject of exclusive 2-pack figures. The Wal-mart Grievous Droid Factory figure with new cloth cloak shown in the slide was the 4-armed basic figure from 2005's ROTS line, however what was said was that it'd be the super-articulated 2008 figure. Which Grievous will actually be coming in that set with the new cloak? Also, it was noted that that the Target-exclusive Geonosis Arena figure pack Jango Fett would be tweaked, but there was no explanation given and the figure looks the same as the Evolutions version. What's the change there, can fans hope that the jumpsuit's lilac color is being changed to a more blue-gray look as seen in the movie?

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

Ando
02-27-2009, 10:13 AM

+

New question:

2 parter regarding F/X lightsabers...

"You have mentioned in previous Q/A's that the Signature Series F/X Lightsabers would cover previously released products before beginning production on never before seen sabers. At Toy Fair, we got to see pictures of the Dooku saber and The Phantom Menace Obi Wan Kenobi saber (which look AMAZING! Thank you, Hasbro!), but we still have not seen a Mace Windu or RotJ Luke Skywalker saber. When will collectors who missed out on these two sabers see them again?

Also, what is the timeline for the upcoming Ahsoka Tano Force F/X lightsaber?"

Feel free to reword as needed, the basic gist of the question(s) is what I care about.

obi-dad
02-27-2009, 12:33 PM
16 for now.

DarkJedi5
02-27-2009, 12:45 PM

Obsession is Nute
02-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Number 15 for now. Thanks!

sebillba
02-27-2009, 02:07 PM
5, 7, 13, 16 & 17 for now.

LTBasker
02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
That's a bit eerie - I had a dream last night that there was a new Questions for Hasbro thread, although the reasoning that I could make out was because the other thread had become too cumbersome. :crazed:

(Sadly, it's not the first time there has been message board activity in my dreams. :nerv: )

2. - While we'd always prefer a worn paint deco on vehicles and droids, we understand sometimes the budget just can't do it. The next time you do a vehicle with a white deco where the budget prohibits additional weathering paint, could you please not use the clean-white color of plastic that you've used on the Clone Wars V-19 or the TLC Dagger Squadron B-wing? This white plastic is just too clean, it screams for weathering as it hides every sculpted line and gives an unwelcome plasticky toy look, while the slightly off-white colors of plastic seem to bring out the lines and look a little weathered better than clean.

6. - With Titanium Series 3" vehicles rapidly becoming one of the most successful Hasbro Star Wars sub-lines with over 60 individual carded releases, it's become nearly impossible to display them all at once. The main reason is that the unique packaging - although admirable in its specialized shape, custom graphics, and large window for the product - doesn't stack well and is very difficult to keep in mint condition with an easily-crushed and -scuffed round bubble, and vulnerable J-hook. Might Hasbro be willing to offer some sort of clamshell-style protective cases for the packaging, even if it's just through HasbroToyShop, similar to the one for the 3.75" figures?

8. - Recently, Hasbro has updated cockpits on a few OT ships, including the B-wing and A-wing, not to mention the detailed cockpit on the new Millennium Falcon. We understand that the B-wing and A-wing got new detailed cockpits because they had the opportunity from their use as exclusives, but exclusives or not, are there any plans or thoughts about continuing that practice on other ships? The X-wing, TIE Fighter, and Y-wing are all good candidates for new, detailed cockpits, but would the small size of some of those cockpits prevent those upgrades?

12. - With the new Droid Factory sets, included is a Corran Horn / Whistler 2-pack. As Corran Horn is an EU character, he is seen as not likely to get multiple figures, so as such, why is this 2-pack coming with a standard orange flight costume rather than Horn's more distinctive green-hued version? Whistler also is lacking his overall green tinge, but since this seems like it may be the only Corran Horn figure fans will see, why not make it as characteristically accurate as possible?

14. - Beyond Star Wars, many other franchises have tried their hand at Titanium Series - Battlestar Galactica, Indiana Jones, Marvel, Transformers, even Stargate was floated as being in some level of planning - yet they all eventually faded away from Titanium Series' light. What lessons has the Titanium Series team taken away from those other licenses' lines and their passings? For example, you put off the wave with the BSG Basestar and couldn't find a slot for this new tooling before the license ran out, yet you released a Starbuck repaint of the Viper mk 2 at theproverbial 11th hour (and didn't hit shelves until the 13th hour), an unusual distinction which fans don't really understand, and could use more behind-the-scenes insight into - why didn't that Basestar tooling get shoehorned into a later wave before the license with Universal ran out? Why release a repaint vehicle that won't satisfy fans as much, rather than an all-new mold which fans have been clamoring for?

Sinscia Fat'o
02-27-2009, 02:53 PM
just 15 for now.

Obsession is Nute
02-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Quick question. Has Hasbo commented on the release schedule for the Wal-Mart Droid Factory figures? I noticed that there was no date set on the Toy Fair Power Point. The Phase III Dark Trooper looks AMAZING!

Cane_Adiss
02-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Instead of lobbying for another question I'll just vote this time...

7, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17

I'm really glad my cantina alien question got submitted. I can hardly wait for Hasbro to shoot them all down come next month...:rolleyes: Let's hope not!

darth_robb
02-28-2009, 06:23 PM
I have a new question regarding Mighty Muggs, well actually a multiple part question about the future of the line.

My question is what is the last wave that we will see at retail before they become a Toy's R Us exclusive? Will Princess Leia and Stormtrooper be re-released (like some of the current Target exclusives are)? Finally for Entertainment Earth's shared exclusives, who will they be shared with?

Thanks.

Cane_Adiss
03-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Even though I said in my previous post I wouldn't be adding another question I guess I lied :yes:. I have a whole list of questions I'd like to see asked on my computer and while reading through them I decided to put two of 'em out so JT could take a swing at 'em :D!

Has Hasbro ever looked at or considered doing Comic Packs from the Classic Star Wars: Devilworlds 1 & 2 comic collections? There are many interesting stories and great characters to pair with our leading heros and villains. For instance Lord Vader/ Lady Dhol, Stormtrooper/ Tilotny, Luke Skywalker/ Meeka Reen and R2-D2/ Fivelines packs would be awesome!

And:

Will Hasbro ever be able to make a figure of Senator Grebleips from Episode 1 or is he off limits due to him being the same alien race (he's essentially an "easter egg") that appears in Steven Spielberg's E.T. movie? And how soon will it be before we see another senator type from Ep. 1 such as Edcel Bar Gane, Sei Taria, Toonbuck Toora or Mot Not Rab?

Obsession is Nute
03-01-2009, 12:24 PM
JT, I know you don't like questions about specific characters, but I would like to see the one about Grieblieps added, if possible. He is on my top ten unmade characters list!

Sinscia Fat'o
03-01-2009, 03:40 PM
JT, I know you don't like questions about specific characters, but I would like to see the one about Grieblieps added, if possible. He is on my top ten unmade characters list!

id like to know if it has a chance myself.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2009, 07:20 PM
3, 4, 11, 15, 16, 17

For 15, I might like to see something added like:
Some collectors shy away from EU items unless they tie into major characters from the films, or strongly ties into the movie saga story. With that in mind, what are the chances of seeing figures of these influential EU characters: the ghost of Luke Skywalker (Legacy), Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, Darth Plagueis, or even a young Count Dooku? What about other characters who were mentioned in the films but not seen, such as Skorr (the bounty hunter from Ord Mandell) or Captain Kagi?

mericen
03-04-2009, 09:26 PM
12,15,17 are my choices for now

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Does anyone think we should ask them about the Weequay figure from the Jabba battle pack getting an eventual release? I'm thinking it'll be asked by at least one more site, so maybe not.

Bre77
03-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi, good questions!

I have 2 questions for some point:

1) Given that we have had Bultar Swan, Tsui Choi and Koffi Arana from 'Purge' will Hasbro be planning to complete the remaining jedi characters of that story (Roblio Dart, Sia-Lan Wezz, Ma'kis Shaalas and Jastus Farr) at any point?

2) Do the old Kenner droids moulds for the vehicles Side Gunner and ATL (plus the prototype white witch) exist and will there be any chance to see these given the hasbro treatment one day?

:thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Questions 18-21 added.

New question:

2 parter regarding F/X lightsabers...

"You have mentioned in previous Q/A's that the Signature Series F/X Lightsabers would cover previously released products before beginning production on never before seen sabers. At Toy Fair, we got to see pictures of the Dooku saber and The Phantom Menace Obi Wan Kenobi saber (which look AMAZING! Thank you, Hasbro!), but we still have not seen a Mace Windu or RotJ Luke Skywalker saber. When will collectors who missed out on these two sabers see them again?

Also, what is the timeline for the upcoming Ahsoka Tano Force F/X lightsaber?"

Feel free to reword as needed, the basic gist of the question(s) is what I care about.The Mace saber was released 3 times from Master Replicas despite complaints about the rather unconvincing blade color, and the Luke ROTJ saber released twice that I can remember (I'm counting the EL original and the LED version). They were available for quite a while, and the Luke ROTJ saber was clearanced out on its second pass. I hate to ask about a mere re-release, I'm sure Hasbro will get around to it eventually. That said, I have a question about FX which is only thinly related, about MR doing well with the line because of direct sales and active marketing, neither of which they are doing a good job with, and I suppose I could roll those together, "event release" and "re-release", all under the umbrella of brand management. Thoughts?

As for Ahsoka's, I haven't seen confirmation that they were doing this, can you source me on that?

Quick question. Has Hasbo commented on the release schedule for the Wal-Mart Droid Factory figures? I noticed that there was no date set on the Toy Fair Power Point. The Phase III Dark Trooper looks AMAZING!The slides both say "In Store August".

Instead of lobbying for another question I'll just vote this time...

7, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17

I'm really glad my cantina alien question got submitted. I can hardly wait for Hasbro to shoot them all down come next month...:rolleyes: Let's hope not!Honestly, do you really expect them to not shoot them down? I mean, a realistic, objective assessment of those entries says that they're longshots at best.

I have a new question regarding Mighty Muggs, well actually a multiple part question about the future of the line.

My question is what is the last wave that we will see at retail before they become a Toy's R Us exclusive? Will Princess Leia and Stormtrooper be re-released (like some of the current Target exclusives are)? Finally for Entertainment Earth's shared exclusives, who will they be shared with?

Thanks.The EE part is almost certainly going to be shared with other online outlets, but I'll keep it in there.

Even though I said in my previous post I wouldn't be adding another question I guess I lied :yes:. I have a whole list of questions I'd like to see asked on my computer and while reading through them I decided to put two of 'em out so JT could take a swing at 'em :D!

Has Hasbro ever looked at or considered doing Comic Packs from the Classic Star Wars: Devilworlds 1 & 2 comic collections? There are many interesting stories and great characters to pair with our leading heros and villains. For instance Lord Vader/ Lady Dhol, Stormtrooper/ Tilotny, Luke Skywalker/ Meeka Reen and R2-D2/ Fivelines packs would be awesome!Have you seen what they've said about the Marvel entries? Imagine that times 3 for the comic strips. :p I mean, your first entry is a pack with a squid in a ball. The only reason I'm not just saying "no" is because Alan Moore's work is popular right now with the new movie, and that might generate a tiny bit of interest, but are you prepared for the very likely "we're not saying no way in hell, but 'no way in hell'" answer this will get?

Will Hasbro ever be able to make a figure of Senator Grebleips from Episode 1 or is he off limits due to him being the same alien race (he's essentially an "easter egg") that appears in Steven Spielberg's E.T. movie? And how soon will it be before we see another senator type from Ep. 1 such as Edcel Bar Gane, Sei Taria, Toonbuck Toora or Mot Not Rab?So, this question is, "ET plus bottom-of-the-barrel-scrapes please"? I guess that's a step up from your other questions which seem to come from under the dirt that was under the barrel. ;) But I'll add it just to get the final word on ET so we can move on with our damned lives, plus it's kinda funny to watch Hasbro tell the fans, who complain incessantly about pegwarmers, that they're asking to make more pegwarmers. :p

id like to know if it has a chance myself.I'll count your votes for it then.

For 15, I might like to see something added like:
Some collectors shy away from EU items unless they tie into major characters from the films, or strongly ties into the movie saga story. With that in mind, what are the chances of seeing figures of these influential EU characters: the ghost of Luke Skywalker (Legacy), Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, Darth Plagueis, or even a young Count Dooku? What about other characters who were mentioned in the films but not seen, such as Skorr (the bounty hunter from Ord Mandell) or Captain Kagi?So, you want to take a question about incredibly unlikely figures, and add even less likely figures to that? Skorr isn't even mentioned by name in the film and looks incredibly stupid and '70s comic cheesy, while Kagi has no visual representation of his own on which to draw upon. It seems like your addition would water down the original point of the question, "influential" characters, which I don't want to do with characters who had quick vague mentions in the films and are not influential.

Does anyone think we should ask them about the Weequay figure from the Jabba battle pack getting an eventual release? I'm thinking it'll be asked by at least one more site, so maybe not.You make a good point, let's at least wait until we get answers from the last round and this one, if we don't hear by then, I'll definitely add it.

Hi, good questions!

I have 2 questions for some point:

1) Given that we have had Bultar Swan, Tsui Choi and Koffi Arana from 'Purge' will Hasbro be planning to complete the remaining jedi characters of that story (Roblio Dart, Sia-Lan Wezz, Ma'kis Shaalas and Jastus Farr) at any point?Welcome aboard! Thanks for participating. :)

I'll add this, it's got a running theme, and one of those guys was even seen on-screen.

2) Do the old Kenner droids moulds for the vehicles Side Gunner and ATL (plus the prototype white witch) exist and will there be any chance to see these given the hasbro treatment one day?

:thumbsup:Hoo boy, that one is right up there with the Cruisemissile Trooper questions. But I'll add it basically because I know a few collectors want to see that White Witch finally released, even though the likelihood is extremely low on both.

Tycho
03-08-2009, 01:24 AM
2- While we'd always prefer a worn paint deco on vehicles and droids, we understand sometimes the budget just can't do it. The next time you do a vehicle with a white deco where the budget prohibits additional weathering paint, could you please not use the clean-white color of plastic that you've used on the Clone Wars V-19 or the TLC Dagger Squadron B-wing? This white plastic is just too clean, it screams for weathering as it hides every sculpted line and gives an unwelcome plasticky toy look, while the slightly off-white colors of plastic seem to bring out the lines and look a little weathered better than clean.

12- With the new Droid Factory sets, included is a Corran Horn / Whistler 2-pack. As Corran Horn is an EU character, he is seen as not likely to get multiple figures, so as such, why is this 2-pack coming with a standard orange flight costume rather than Horn's more distinctive green-hued version? Whistler also is lacking his overall green tinge, but since this seems like it may be the only Corran Horn figure fans will see, why not make it as characteristically accurate as possible?

13- With the nifty Build-a-Droid line, every basic figure gets a little bio paragraph on the card except the actual build-a-figure droids themselves. Some of these BAF droids are made up by Hasbro (or are the unknown designs made up by Lucasfilm?) and have no backstories at all, while others are from comics, novels, even tertiary characters in the movies. Might Hasbro add a section to their website to explain to casual collectors who these droids are, both in-universe and even behind-the-scenes info, and perhaps make up bios for the characters new to the line? This would be win-win, fans would get more nifty bios about their figures, and Hasbro would get more interaction between the figures and their site.

15- Some collectors shy away from EU items unless they tie into major characters from the films, or strongly ties into the movie saga story. With that in mind, what are the chances of seeing figures of these influential EU characters: the ghost of Luke Skywalker (Legacy), Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, Darth Plagueis, or even a young Count Dooku?

19- When it comes to prequel Senators, we haven't seen much lately. The most asked of them is the Senator Grebleips figure - the E.T. alien - will we ever be getting this figure, is it just unlikely because it's a background alien, or is it totally off-limits because it's an easter egg from another film? Also, what about seeing senate figures from Ep 1 like Edcel Bar Gane, Sei Taria, Toonbuck Toora and Mot-Not Rab?

21- Does Hasbro have access to the old Kenner Droids line's vehicle molds, the Side Gunner, ATL Interceptor, perhaps even the infamously never released White Witch? Will there be any chance to see these given new life and released under Hasbro one day?

sebillba
03-08-2009, 07:42 AM
I'll use my last vote for #19 please.

Kidhuman
03-08-2009, 09:27 AM
New Question:

Have you ever thought about putting ball joint hips on Stormtroopers, much like the last rendition of Commander Gree?

also 11, 19, 21

Cane_Adiss
03-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Have you seen what they've said about the Marvel entries? Imagine that times 3 for the comic strips. :p I mean, your first entry is a pack with a squid in a ball. The only reason I'm not just saying "no" is because Alan Moore's work is popular right now with the new movie, and that might generate a tiny bit of interest, but are you prepared for the very likely "we're not saying no way in hell, but 'no way in hell'" answer this will get?

I was expecting this response, and honestly the main reason I submitted this question was to see ur reaction! I understand that these figures will never happen unless the line lasts another 50 years. And even then...

So, this question is, "ET plus bottom-of-the-barrel-scrapes please"? I guess that's a step up from your other questions which seem to come from under the dirt that was under the barrel. ;) But I'll add it just to get the final word on ET so we can move on with our damned lives, plus it's kinda funny to watch Hasbro tell the fans, who complain incessantly about pegwarmers, that they're asking to make more pegwarmers. :p

You're hilarious. No really you are. Anyway thanks for adding the question. Could you axe my vote for 13 and add this one to my votes? Thanks a million.

Droid
03-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Could we ask if the Luke/Rancor Target exclusive will ever be in stores or if it is an online exclusive?

Obsession is Nute
03-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Already voted for 15 and 19. Would like to add #20 to that list.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Have you ever thought about putting ball joint hips on Stormtroopers, much like the last rendition of Commander Gree?
We asked this a while back and they said it's not going to happen for a while but they'd look into it.

dr_evazan22
03-08-2009, 07:02 PM

Thanx!

Wolf
03-09-2009, 02:14 AM
2, 4, 7, 8, 12.

New question suggestions:
A) Seeing as to how it's the 10th anniversary of TPM, is there any chance of seeing the Naboo N1 re-released? It's a small ship so it might be doable in the $20 price range. If this is remade, it would also be a great feature to have the R2 socket be compatible with the BAD R2 heads.

B) It would be awesome if they changed up the Battle Gear that came with the saga legends figures from time to time. Weapons from the original trilogy or even have a box of lightsabers (6 handles and 6 different colored blades) would be great.

Kidhuman
03-09-2009, 06:10 AM
We asked this a while back and they said it's not going to happen for a while but they'd look into it.

Ok, then dont add it.

Ando
03-09-2009, 10:00 AM
RE: The Ahsoka Tano Force F/X saber. I may have gotten this mixed up with eFX's Ahsoka Tano saber handle replica and a rumor list posted on Rebel Scum a couple of months ago.

Although I would like to hear Hasbro's answer regarding the release of 2 all new sabers before re-releasing Mace and Luke's 2nd saber in light of what they said a few Q/A sessions back about working through the existing sabers that M/R did before starting on all new designs.

I'd also like to know if they have plans to make the Ahsoka Tano F/X saber in light of how popular the Clone Wars cartoon is. The F/X sabers that we have gotten from M/R and now from Hasbro are all from male characters and even though Star Wars is a predominantly male oriented property, I know that there are female fans who would probably love to see a saber from a female character at some point.

Darth Marco
03-09-2009, 11:59 AM
I WILL VOTE FOR 15,19,20, AND 21.

I do want to ask a few questions:

1. Why did Hasbro state that the Exar Kun/Ulic Qel Droma comic pack will be release with the Kyle Katarn/Yuuzhan Vong comic pack wave, when they are not in the same wave?

2. Hasbro did state that in the comic pack waves there are more Legacy action figure apart from the Darth Krayt/Sigel Dare comic pack; Will we find out who there are soon?

Bib Un-Fortuna
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Voting for 12, 13, 17, 19, & 21 for now . . .

master J
03-09-2009, 03:28 PM
I vote for 7, 11, 13, 15, 17

clone157
03-09-2009, 11:42 PM
I vote for 11,13,14,19,20

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 03:24 PM
New Question:

Nov 7, '08:
BanthaSkull.com: When will we see ball & socket hips and wrists on Stormtroopers and phase one clones? I would easily buy 20 new stormies. (Micket2000)
Hasbro: We have no plans to do ball and socket wrists, since that really adds cost that we feel is not warranted on figures, preferring instead to stick with swivel wrists for functionality. We will look to do ball and socket hips only when a figure needs it - like if they are designed to ride a speeder bike or creature, but this will not be a standard across the line.
There are probably others, but I don't feel like looking them up right now when that says enough.

I was expecting this response, and honestly the main reason I submitted this question was to see ur reaction! I understand that these figures will never happen unless the line lasts another 50 years. And even then...

You're hilarious. No really you are. Anyway thanks for adding the question. Could you axe my vote for 13 and add this one to my votes? Thanks a million.I appreciate your interest in furthering the comedic arts. It's stuff like this - you and Tycho and Chux and KH and such pushing my buttons while I'm trying to help the group out - which has me pretty close to quitting the site altogether and letting Steve decide how best to deal with Q&A, since that has become the biggest drain on my time and energy here, which would mean no more user-sent questions.

I will withdraw your vote for 13 and give it to 19.

Could we ask if the Luke/Rancor Target exclusive will ever be in stores or if it is an online exclusive?As far as Hasbro knows, it's an in-store collectible, they said as much at the slideshow presentation. However, once a product is in the retailer's hands, they can do with it whatever they want. We can still ask, maybe Hasbro knows what the score is, but we won't get the answer for 4 weeks (I couldn't send in the question until next week, and it wouldn't show up for 3 weeks). I would suggest calling Target directly, their corporate number.

2, 4, 7, 8, 12.

New question suggestions:
A) Seeing as to how it's the 10th anniversary of TPM, is there any chance of seeing the Naboo N1 re-released? It's a small ship so it might be doable in the $20 price range. If this is remade, it would also be a great feature to have the R2 socket be compatible with the BAD R2 heads.

B) It would be awesome if they changed up the Battle Gear that came with the saga legends figures from time to time. Weapons from the original trilogy or even have a box of lightsabers (6 handles and 6 different colored blades) would be great.We've asked them about all 3 in the not too distant past, as have other sites. Here's a list of those answers:
2-27-09:
BanthaSkull.com: As a follow-up to a previous question asked by Banthaskull member SW_Rebel, will the battle gear be changed to include OT weapons? So far all of the lockers have had PT weapons, and now many of us have all we need. It seems kind of odd for the OT characters in the Saga Legends line to come with PT weapons.
- sithman
Hasbro: There are no plans to change the weapons at this time. If Saga Legends continues beyond Spring 2010, this is something that we could look at as it would add an interesting depth to the lineup.
12-19-08:
CollectionStation.com: For vehicles that must have dedicated, non-removable astromech droid domes - such as the Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter, Y-wing, V-wing, and Naboo Fighter - might it be possible to get future revisits to have at least removable droid domes? Thanks to Build-A-Droid, we now have lots of different droid dome molds available, so if they were interchangeable on those dedicated droid slots it would add considerable play and display value for kids and collectors alike while taking advantage of existing elements and decreasing manufacturing costs slightly (it's gotta be cheaper to just pop a peg into a hole than to screw a dome permanently into a ship).
Hasbro: Interesting suggestion - we'll take that into account next time we look at updating those vehicles. Thanks!
9-26-08:
YodasNews.com: Any plans to release the Naboo Fighter again? This awesome ship has not been released since the Episode 1 line!
Hasbro: We do not have it in the lineup anywhere, but agree that it's time is overdue. We will be looking for opportunities down the road to make it available again, perhaps in the Starfighter Vehicle assortment.
7-27-08 (I asked Hasbro's brand manager this at Comic-Con during our 1-on-1 Q&A):
SSG: Will the weapons in the clone weapons locker pack-ins for the Saga Legends line be changed out for different accessories as the line continues? If not, why not? Would this not be a simple way to get more desired accessories into the hands of consumers, and keep variety fresh which could help sales?
Hasbro: It's certainly possible, we didn't really have any plans right now, but we could at a certain point make that change. If we did it, we'd want to do it in a way that would signal that it was a new weapons assortment, and we just don't have any plans for that. It could be that maybe these run for a year and then we switch 'em out for different ones.
SSG: Well, I mean, if the line is popular, you've got a lot of the same weapons coming in, and we just wanted to... There's a lot of weapons these guys want more and more of, and nothing wrong with getting those out too.
Hasbro: Yeah, let us... you know, give us a list of the ones they want and I'm sure it's probably, you know, the regular clone long rifle and stuff like that. So why don't you guys let us know which ones you'd like to see, say, if after the first year, if we think about another year, we'll see if the concept continues.
10-27-07:
SSG: Might you re-release the Naboo Fighter vehicle (last seen in Episode 2, for which there was no toy release) with appropriately-chromed aka vacuum-metallized sections? Hasbro: At some point, we will probably take a look at the Naboo Fighter, but we haven't yet. The specific issues you mention (vac metal) are not as easy to solve as it seems, and depends on the nature of the parts. It's a good suggestion for something to look at for next time. Thanks!

RE: The Ahsoka Tano Force F/X saber. I may have gotten this mixed up with eFX's Ahsoka Tano saber handle replica and a rumor list posted on Rebel Scum a couple of months ago.

Although I would like to hear Hasbro's answer regarding the release of 2 all new sabers before re-releasing Mace and Luke's 2nd saber in light of what they said a few Q/A sessions back about working through the existing sabers that M/R did before starting on all new designs.

I'd also like to know if they have plans to make the Ahsoka Tano F/X saber in light of how popular the Clone Wars cartoon is. The F/X sabers that we have gotten from M/R and now from Hasbro are all from male characters and even though Star Wars is a predominantly male oriented property, I know that there are female fans who would probably love to see a saber from a female character at some point.
They didn't say they were working through all of the existing sabers that MR ever did, they were saying they were continuing the ones that MR was actively producing when they lost the license - the ones that MR was re-releasing because they were already in the factory and being assembled. Since MR was only re-releasing the Vader, Yoda, and Anakin sabers at that time, Hasbro was concentrating on those 3 before moving forward with new entries.

I'm not sure I want to get into a battle of the sexes concerning Q&A and Jedi weaponry, but if you can write an actual question about Ahsoka's force fx saber, I'll consider it.

I do want to ask a few questions:

1. Why did Hasbro state that the Exar Kun/Ulic Qel Droma comic pack will be release with the Kyle Katarn/Yuuzhan Vong comic pack wave, when they are not in the same wave?
I believe you misunderstood their answer, they said it'd be in the wave AFTER the Kyle/Vong wave. 10-17-08:
Rebelscum.com: I was wondering if you had any updates on some figures that you've already confirmed for us, like if they'll be in comic packs, basic figure line, Evolutions, when they'll be released...pictures if possible! ;)
1. K'kruhk
2. Lumiya
3. Exar Kun
4. Kyle Katarn
5. Vong Warrior
Hasbro: Sorry, we do not have any pictures for you. Kyle Katarn and Yuzhong Vong, from Star Wars Tales 21, will be up first in a Spring 2009 comic pack, followed a wave later by both a Luke/Lumiya pack and an Exar Kun/Ulic Qel-Droma pack. K'Kruhk will not see his debut until very late 2009 in the last basic figure wave of the year, which should tell you the theme of that wave.

2. Hasbro did state that in the comic pack waves there are more Legacy action figure apart from the Darth Krayt/Sigel Dare comic pack; Will we find out who there are soon?I'd like to hold off until Comic-Con passes before we ask this. That's the next venue for new stuff, we won't be buying some of the new comic packs shown at Toy Fair until a month after SDCC, so if we don't see product there, then we should ask. If you remind me a week ahead of time, I'll try to work it into our Q&A at the show.

Sith Vicious
03-10-2009, 06:54 PM
4, 11, 12, 15

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-10-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm now listening to the Toy Fair Q&A audio and have a new question . . .

*There seems to be a discrepancy on the subject of the figures coming out in the upcoming Walmart and Target two-packs, based on what was shown at Toy Fair and what was said. The Grievous figure from the Droid Factory set appears to be the four-armed basic figure from 2005, with a cloak added, but it was mentioned at the panel that it would be the super articulated version from 2008. Which will it be? Also, it was noted that the Jango Fett figure would be tweaked, but there was no explanation given. Can we hope that his jumpsuit's color has been made more blue-gray as opposed to its current lilac?

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Question 22 added.

I'm now listening to the Toy Fair Q&A audio and have a new question . . .

*There seems to be a discrepancy on the subject of the figures coming out in the upcoming Walmart and Target two-packs, based on what was shown at Toy Fair and what was said. The Grievous figure from the Droid Factory set appears to be the four-armed basic figure from 2005, with a cloak added, but it was mentioned at the panel that it would be the super articulated version from 2008. Which will it be? Also, it was noted that the Jango Fett figure would be tweaked, but there was no explanation given. Can we hope that his jumpsuit's color has been made more blue-gray as opposed to its current lilac?I will add this, but please source me with the audio, I'd like to hear it myself.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2009, 12:21 AM
JediInsider (http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=257&itemid=11571) has it imbedded. The panel progresses along with the slideshow we've all seen.

JediTricks
03-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Thanks. Grievous is on shaky ground, they actually didn't clarify which line, but I'm going to stick with it because Derryl insinuates it's the new line's "super Grievous". The tweak on Jango could be the helmet, but I'm going to let that ride as well.

Wolf
03-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the detailed feedback, JT! :thumbsup:

Darth Marco
03-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Thank you Mr. Jedi Tricks for answering those questions. Please don't be bother because of some knuckle heads. We do need you in this site to help answer our individual redundant questions, so we could be satisfy from our collectors lust. I respect what you do and I appeciate you. Living in the South Bronx is hard so I could understand were you coming from.

You were right I did misunderstand Hasbro's answer about the Exar Kun comic pack. But as you pointed out:

Hasbro: Sorry, we do not have any pictures for you. Kyle Katarn and Yuzhong Vong, from Star Wars Tales 21, will be up first in a Spring 2009 comic pack, followed a wave later by both a Luke/Lumiya pack and an Exar Kun/Ulic Qel-Droma pack. K'Kruhk will not see his debut until very late 2009 in the last basic figure wave of the year, which should tell you the theme of that wave.

My question had Katarn/Vong comic pack but I meant to say the Luke/Lumiya comic pack. I will ask the same question but without the Vong comic pack and instead I'll input the Lumiya comic pack.
Why would Hasbro say, that after the Katarn/Vong comic pack is release it will be "followed a wave later by both a Luke/Lumiya pack and an Exar Kun/Ulic Qel-Droma pack" when the Luke/Lumiya is in the same wave as the Katarn/Vong comic pack and the Exar Kun comic pack was not even mention or shown?

NerfTW
03-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Thank you Mr. Jedi Tricks for answering those questions. Please don't be bother because of some knuckle heads. We do need you in this site to help answer our individual redundant questions, so we could be satisfy from our collectors lust. I respect what you do and I appeciate you. Living in the South Bronx is hard so I could understand were you coming from.

You were right I did misunderstand Hasbro's answer about the Exar Kun comic pack. But as you pointed out:

My question had Katarn/Vong comic pack but I meant to say the Luke/Lumiya comic pack. I will ask the same question but without the Vong comic pack and instead I'll input the Lumiya comic pack.
Why would Hasbro say, that after the Katarn/Vong comic pack is release it will be "followed a wave later by both a Luke/Lumiya pack and an Exar Kun/Ulic Qel-Droma pack" when the Luke/Lumiya is in the same wave as the Katarn/Vong comic pack and the Exar Kun comic pack was not even mention or shown?

Because it's possible that things change over time, and it was moved around. I don't know what answer you're expecting, but it will most likely be "We made a mistake when we said that" or "A set was swapped with the Lumiya pack".

Anyways, I vote for 1, 5, 7, 15, 22

Darth Marco
03-11-2009, 11:17 AM
EXCUSE ME, NerfTW:

"Because it's possible that things change over time, and it was moved around. I don't know what answer you're expecting, but it will most likely be "We made a mistake when we said that" or "A set was swapped with the Lumiya pack"."

THAT IS THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS. NO NEED FOR "I don't know what answer you're expecting" REMARKS.

NerfTW
03-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Wow, calm down there. I wasn't being mean or nasty, I didn't know if you were expecting a more detailed answer, and was pointing out that things often get moved around for no known reason.

Darth Marco
03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
SORRY NerfTW, having a bad day my daughter is in the hospital and I am here with my laptop trying to take away my nerves. She loves Star Wars, is her birthday on Saturday so I bought her Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano and a AT-TE. She loves the Star Wars comics and likes certain characters, so I try to get it for her. Trust me she is up to date. I got her all the Comic Packs and she knows every single one. It surprises me because I am a long time fan. She is hype about Darth Krayt comic pack. She also likes Exar Kun because he was the first sith to use a double bladed LIGHTSABER. Thank you for your answer.

NerfTW
03-11-2009, 11:46 AM
SORRY NerfTW, having a bad day my daughter is in the hospital and I am here with my laptop trying to take away my nerves. She loves Star Wars, is her birthday on Saturday so I bought her Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano and a AT-TE. She loves the Star Wars comics and likes certain characters, so I try to get it for her. Trust me she is up to date. I got her all the Comic Packs and she knows every single one. It surprises me because I am a long time fan. She is hype about Darth Krayt comic pack. She also likes Exar Kun because he was the first sith to use a double bladed LIGHTSABER. Thank you for your answer.

S'okay. I hope your daughter's okay. I'll be more careful about sounding snarky, it tends to slip out when I'm stressed too. :yes:

Ando
03-11-2009, 01:43 PM
She loves Star Wars, is her birthday on Saturday so I bought her Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano and a AT-TE.

Did you get the 5/8" tubing to fix the legs on the AT-TE or the replacement legs from Hasbro? If not or you don't know what I am talking about, PM me. I have a few of these and if you don't fix the legs, you might get a little flustered with them collapsing (unless you have a newer version).

I hope your daughter will be just fine, DM. May God be with you and your family and congrats on having a child (a daughter no less!) that loves Star Wars!

Cane_Adiss
03-11-2009, 02:51 PM
I appreciate your interest in furthering the comedic arts. It's stuff like this - you and Tycho and Chux and KH and such pushing my buttons while I'm trying to help the group out - which has me pretty close to quitting the site altogether and letting Steve decide how best to deal with Q&A, since that has become the biggest drain on my time and energy here, which would mean no more user-sent questions.

I'm not sure if you're being facetious here or not, but in any case I suppose I'm sorry. The question was semi-legit but I really didn't expect you to add it.

Darth Marco
03-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Did you get the 5/8" tubing to fix the legs on the AT-TE or the replacement legs from Hasbro? If not or you don't know what I am talking about, PM me. I have a few of these and if you don't fix the legs, you might get a little flustered with them collapsing (unless you have a newer version).

I hope your daughter will be just fine, DM. May God be with you and your family and congrats on having a child (a daughter no less!) that loves Star Wars!

My daughter will be fine, she has spina bifida but she is a strong intelligent girl. She grew up watching Star Wars because that was the only thing I watch. Now she is into the comics and Clone Wars Cartoon. Thank you for your concern. I did hear about tubing and replacement legs for the AT-TE but don't know were to get them. Please provide info so I could get my hands on a few. Thanks a lot.

Kidhuman
03-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I appreciate your interest in furthering the comedic arts. It's stuff like this - you and Tycho and Chux and KH and such pushing my buttons while I'm trying to help the group out - which has me pretty close to quitting the site altogether and letting Steve decide how best to deal with Q&A, since that has become the biggest drain on my time and energy here, which would mean no more user-sent questions.

What have I been doing to "push buttons"? I usually come in and ask a question and throw some votes down. Sorry if I didnt happen to read every question from every other board before I asked.

mtriv73
03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
1, 12, 14, 22

JediTricks
03-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the detailed feedback, JT! :thumbsup:Sure thing, thanks for participating. Feel free to hit me up again any time you have a potential question.

Thank you Mr. Jedi Tricks for answering those questions. Please don't be bother because of some knuckle heads. We do need you in this site to help answer our individual redundant questions, so we could be satisfy from our collectors lust. I respect what you do and I appeciate you. Living in the South Bronx is hard so I could understand were you coming from.Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback, I think of managing the Q&A as a duty, and sometimes it feels like a thankless one.

Why would Hasbro say, that after the Katarn/Vong comic pack is release it will be "followed a wave later by both a Luke/Lumiya pack and an Exar Kun/Ulic Qel-Droma pack" when the Luke/Lumiya is in the same wave as the Katarn/Vong comic pack and the Exar Kun comic pack was not even mention or shown? Ultimately, what is the drive of what you want to know in this matter? That will help me hone down what we're getting at, whether it's to correct a mistake on their part, or if there's a fear of production troubles, or a fear that it's been pushed back. The set is still definitely coming out no matter what, so it would help to understand what the goal of the question is.

And I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter being in the hospital, I hope everything works out well for you guys, I don't know much about how they treat spina bifida (I believe it's where the spine doesn't fully develop, right?) but I hope for the best. I'm really glad to hear you're able to share Star Wars with your daughter, especially the more esoteric stuff like the comics, and those sound like awesome birthday presents!

Did you get the 5/8" tubing to fix the legs on the AT-TE or the replacement legs from Hasbro? If not or you don't know what I am talking about, PM me. I have a few of these and if you don't fix the legs, you might get a little flustered with them collapsing (unless you have a newer version).I checked out the tubing on Tycho's AT-TE last month, for his it was a very temporary fix, while the new legs are reportedly working much better. I would suggest Marco order the new legs immediately, they're free from Hasbro (request them from Hasbro's customer service phone number - "(800) FART-BOG", I kid you not). The AT-TE can still be fun with the old legs for a little while, it makes for battle damage, but those new legs make the set much more fun in the long run.

I'm not sure if you're being facetious here or not, but in any case I suppose I'm sorry. The question was semi-legit but I really didn't expect you to add it.I wasn't being facetious, it's been on my mind more and more the last few months, and I decided to be honest with you so I didn't blow my top and post in anger later. Q&A is a lot of work, it weighs heavily on me, and it kills me to have to prioritize your questions as lesser-thans simply because my experience tells me the chances are exceptionally low that you'll get anything other than a brush off response. I'd love to be able to ask Hasbro all these things, to push every idea at them at once and get rich, full responses in return, but unfortunately it's my responsibility to manage this limited resource with an eye on what's best for the majority of readers. So when I go through all this work only to have it treated as a goof, it's extremely unrewarding and frustrating for me.

What have I been doing to "push buttons"? I usually come in and ask a question and throw some votes down. Sorry if I didnt happen to read every question from every other board before I asked.A couple months ago you had a few goofy moments, and I guess they stuck in my mind because I didn't even realize I had typed you in there. Sorry about that.

Ok, drama over, nothing to see here. We're fine, we're all fine here... how about you? (HAN THEN WINCES REALIZING HIS RESPONSE TECHNIQUE ISN'T WORKING.)

Darth Marco
03-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Thank you Mr. JediTricks,

You are correct about spina bifida; Because her spine did not develop she can't feel her legs and she has a shunt in her head. But she is beautiful and intelligent. She enjoys Star Wars and I try to make her happy.

I just wanted to get her the things she likes for her birthday. My question is; Does Hasbro have a date when the Exar Kun/Ulic Qel Droma comic pack is going to be release? And will they have pictures of those action figures soon? That is a character that she likes, don't ask me why but she said because he was the first bad guy to use a double bladed lightsaber. I was amazed, because she seems to be correct and I did not know about that until I look it up in the Databank of StarWars.com.

But Mr. JT I will be satisfy with any answer you give me that I could hold on for her birthday next year. Thank you very much for you thoughtfulness.

JediTricks
03-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Thank you Mr. JediTricks,

You are correct about spina bifida; Because her spine did not develop she can't feel her legs and she has a shunt in her head. But she is beautiful and intelligent. She enjoys Star Wars and I try to make her happy.

I just wanted to get her the things she likes for her birthday. My question is; Does Hasbro have a date when the Exar Kun/Ulic Qel Droma comic pack is going to be release? And will they have pictures of those action figures soon? That is a character that she likes, don't ask me why but she said because he was the first bad guy to use a double bladed lightsaber. I was amazed, because she seems to be correct and I did not know about that until I look it up in the Databank of StarWars.com.

But Mr. JT I will be satisfy with any answer you give me that I could hold on for her birthday next year. Thank you very much for you thoughtfulness.
Wow, that's quite a thing to have, but I'm glad to hear you have such a great daughter and have Star Wars to share with her. Your daughter is right that Kun is the first to use the double bladed saber, that's a good catch, I remember 10 years ago there was a big debate between comic fans and Maul fans over it.

With the street date for the wave before that being August, you should be seeing the Exar Kun comic pack in Sept at the latest (the second half of the year is when toys start flowing faster). Actually, I'm betting you'll see it in August and the previous wave in July, Hasbro is a little conservative with street dates of those sorts of things when it comes to the summer. But either way, we'll definitely have a look by then because of Comic-Con. Hasbro has likely already finished the molds for the figure and has done packaging photography on the prototype, so there's no reason they'd abandon it now.

I tell you what, I'll try to meet you half way, if we don't see anything from another site about Exar Kun in the March 20th answers, or get a case listing by then, I will add it for the next round of Q&A (where the answers are sent in on April 10th and due back May 1st). "We want a street date and a photograph of the Exar Kun set" - I may ask what other figures are in that wave just to round it out, but I'll make sure to focus on Kun for the driving point of the question.

Obsession is Nute
03-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Already voted for 15, 19 and 20. I would like make my fourth vote for lucky number #22!

Thanks JT!

Darth Windu
03-15-2009, 12:59 AM
I'll just take a 14 thanks :)

Umbra
03-15-2009, 01:40 AM

For me so far, thanks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-15-2009, 12:55 PM
These were my old votes:

3, 4, 11, 15, 16, 17

But I'd like to change my vote for #15 to a vote for #22.

Darth Marco
03-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks a lot Mr.JT, I really appreciate you.

Will also like to vote for #22.

JediTricks
03-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks a lot Mr.JT, I really appreciate you.

Will also like to vote for #22.
Sure thing. :thumbsup:

Only a couple days left to go in this round, so I am gonna vote now instead of waiting until the last minute, like usual.

2 deco
3 cw scale
9 x-wing
10 sideshow
11 pod pilots
14 titanium others

El Chuxter
03-17-2009, 08:15 PM
:(

If keeping my tongue in my cheek is such a burden, I'll refrain. I've been 110% serious with every question that involved the names Teek, Jaxxon, or Ackmena.

For now:

12 (especially 12!!)

mtriv73
03-18-2009, 11:13 AM
New question:

Hasbro, can we please get a R2-D2 based on the r4-g9 sculpt (or even the VOTC sculpt) WITHOUT a chromed dome or damage?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-18-2009, 01:20 PM
New question:

Hasbro, can we please get a R2-D2 based on the r4-g9 sculpt (or even the VOTC sculpt) WITHOUT a chromed dome or damage?
I'll do this so JT doesn't have to: we've asked this question many times. They had planned a R4-G9 sculpt R2-D2 a few years ago but it kept getting pushed around or something, so they're still looking at ways to get it in the line. They say that kids like the chrome dome so they go with that. Then again, it might have been a while since we asked about the R4-G9 sculpt, and we never really bring up the fact that they have many R2-D2 figures without a chrome dome (the Saga Legends version and the Clone Wars version come to mind, and they're both out around now), so maybe. I really want to see this version done as well, but I don't know if the answer is going to be any different from the other times we asked.

mtriv73
03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Yeah, but if we keep hounding them, maybe they'll actually do it. They could even include it in a saga legends slot. The whole thing that spurned me to write the question was seeing that the awful R2 with light up eye and sound chip is being released yet again in the legends line this fall. It would be even better if they'd compromise and put the sound chip in the G9 body (I'm sure they could do it with minimal reengineering.) This would satisfy the kids desire for something that beeps and would finally give us an accurate R2.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Yeah, but if we keep hounding them, maybe they'll actually do it. They could even include it in a saga legends slot. The whole thing that spurned me to write the question was seeing that the awful R2 with light up eye and sound chip is being released yet again in the legends line this fall. It would be even better if they'd compromise and put the sound chip in the G9 body (I'm sure they could do it with minimal reengineering.) This would satisfy the kids desire for something that beeps and would finally give us an accurate R2.
I don't know how it works, but I doubt they could put a talking mechanism inside the R4-G9 body without basically starting from scratch. And it wouldn't be very accurate for collectors - it'd have the button and the hole in his head and it would probably be unable to retract the third leg anymore.

Anyway, I'm just saying. I doubt JT will add this, but I'm not him, so who knows.

mtriv73
03-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't want the little chirp chip in it. I do (as do many other) want an accurate yet generic R2 though.

DarkJedi5
03-18-2009, 06:31 PM
I want to spend my last two votes on 19 and 22.

Darth Windu
03-19-2009, 05:00 AM
Oh having not read the full topic before posting my single vote, I'd just like to add my $0.02 and say that it would be a massive loss if JT left, you're most definately the best Q&A person of any of the sites out there. At least here questions are never buried or ignored; the same questions aren't asked every time (Rebelscum, I'm looking at you); and the person running the sessions actually puts effort into it. :)

JediTricks
03-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Last day to vote in this round!

New question:

Hasbro, can we please get a R2-D2 based on the r4-g9 sculpt (or even the VOTC sculpt) WITHOUT a chromed dome or damage?Let's simplify the discussion... Jan 30th:
JediDefender.com: In case we missed it, what happened to the R2-D2 that was going to utilize the R4-G9 body that was supposed to come out this year as part of a set? If it was scrapped, when can we expect to finally get our ultimate clean R2-D2 that doesn't utilize the inferior Early Bird body? Fans are pretty anxious to get an R2-D2 figure based on that R4-G9 sculpt since it's so awesome!
Hasbro: Actually the set that was to have used this version of R2-D2 had to be dropped. We know that's a great version of R2-D2 to do, and will find a way to bring him out, probably in 2010.

Thanks for the appreciation, Windu. :cool:

JediTricks
03-20-2009, 02:40 AM
I dunno what it is, but whenever I do the "last call!" post, it ends up killing the thread dead in its tracks. Oh well, another round of voting down to the wire and gone.

Here are the questions we're sending in this round:

When it comes to prequel Senators, we haven't seen much lately. The most asked of them is the Senator Grebleips figure, the E.T. alien - will we ever be getting this figure, is it just unlikely because it's a background alien, or is it totally off-limits because it's an easter egg from another film? Also, what about seeing senate figures from Ep 1 like Edcel Bar Gane, Sei Taria, Toonbuck Toora and Mot-Not Rab?
With the new Droid Factory sets, included is a Corran Horn / Whistler 2-pack. As Corran Horn is an EU character, he is seen as not likely to get multiple figures, so as such, why is this 2-pack coming with a standard orange flight costume rather than Horn's more distinctive green-hued version? Whistler also is lacking his overall green tinge, but since this seems like it may be the only Corran Horn figure fans will see, why not make it as characteristically accurate as possible?
With the Build-A-Droid line, there's been some confusion about the naming with a few of the figures. First off, there's R2-N6 who was properly named at last year's Comic-Con presentation yet later got renamed to R2-L3. Second, there's the upcoming U-3PO figure that has a silver tone rather than the slightly brassy look from the movie, and is shipping in an ESB wave, a film which already has a silver protocol droid, E-3PO, except that character has white instead of yellow eyes. What's the deal with these build-a-figures and their identity issues?
Some collectors shy away from EU items unless they tie into major characters from the films, or strongly tie into the movie saga story. With that in mind, what are the chances of seeing figures of these influential EU characters: the ghost of Luke Skywalker (Legacy), Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, Darth Plagueis, or even a young Count Dooku?
Based on your slideshow at Toy Fair, there seems to be a discrepancy on the subject of exclusive 2-pack figures. The Wal-mart Grievous Droid Factory figure with new cloth cloak shown in the slide was the 4-armed basic figure from 2005's ROTS line, however what was said during the slideshow was that it'd be the super-articulated 2008 figure. Which Grievous will actually be coming in that set with the new cloak? Also, it was noted that that the Target-exclusive Geonosis Arena figure pack Jango Fett would be tweaked, but there was no explanation given and the figure looks the same as the Evolutions version. What's the change there, can fans hope that the evo figure jumpsuit's lilac color is finally being changed to a more blue-gray look as seen in the movie?
As shown at Toy Fair, the upcoming Geonosis Assault battle pack is coming with the long-requested Gunship pod turret and 2 clone pilots. Since each gunship had 2 turrets in the film, that will require buying 2 sets, making 4 pilots. However, the gunship is manned by 2 pilots in the cockpit, and 2 standard grunts in the turrets. While thrilled to get the pods and more clones, could we get a regular clone trooper helmet as well as, or even instead of 1 of, those pilot helmets so the gunships can be accurately, completely manned?

I'll set up a new round of voting soon.