PDA

View Full Version : Tycho's not the only one with strange dreams.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Not too long ago I had kind of an odd dream. First, to set this up, my dad is in a rest home with dementia and lung cancer. So, sometimes I have dreams where he is back to normal, where I can actually have a conversation with him, and he can walk around and doesn't need a wheelchair. However, this dream was beyond that.

In this dream, I was at my parents' house, standing outside with my mom I think. Then my sister comes outside guiding an old woman. For some reason, I thought this was my grandmother on my mom's side. However, she died when I was 7 months old, so I have no memory of her, and I can't recall if the woman in the dream looked like the pictures I remembered. I just recall feeling excited to see her, and wondering how it was I had never met her after all these years. That's when I remembered that she was dead, and I was wondering who this was.

Then came the strange part. We walked over to the fence to look out into the pasture to see something. Walking towards us were two Wookiees! When they got up close, they looked like actual Wookiees. Then it seemed like my nephews were there, and maybe one of them was dressed as a Wookiee, but not a very realistic costume. I think I woke up after that.

So, I just thought it was odd that my long dead grandmother whom I never knew came back to see the Wookiees in our field. Perhaps my mom needs to be wary of Sasquatches.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Well, last night I had a dream, where at the end (only part I can recall right now) I was entering a building kind of like an auditorium or cafeteria at night time with some of my friends from high school, as well as some of my current students. One of the students said something and I replied with a comment about when the temperature is 83 degrees (that was the exact number) around 9pm, you don't mind being outside, to which the student agreed, but I said I'd probably be too tired from the hot temperatures and want to stay indoors then. When I was looking for a place to sit down to eat, whenever I asked someone if they were saving an open seat, they ignored my question but did not sit down, either. I then woke up.

p.s. Is "and then I woke up" the most cliche'd conclusion to any dream? :rolleyes:

mtriv73
03-01-2009, 02:25 PM
p.s. Is "and then I woke up" the most cliche'd conclusion to any dream? :rolleyes:

No, "and then I had to wash my sheets before my mom found them" is.

Tycho
03-03-2009, 05:22 PM
That last comment was too funny.

But it does have me wondering how things would go down if I visited a nursing home in a Wookiee costume.

darthbooger
03-03-2009, 06:27 PM
A wretched hive of scum and villiany this forum is.

darthbooger
03-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Whoops I thought I was over at Starwars space

darthbooger
03-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Around a month ago I had a dream I was paying child support on two ewoks and a hutt.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2010, 11:25 PM
The other night, I had a dream that seemed like it was a movie. Has there ever been a film where if a person in some future time was declared dead, but turned out just the in-body tracking system registered them as dead? But then they got arrested by police for posing as a living person? If so, my dream owes someone royalties. But if not, hands off my screenplay!

Ando
07-10-2010, 01:01 AM
During the Memorial Day weekend, I found a new channel (Centric -- a BET channel, I think). They were playing an A Team marathon the whole weekend, so I set up a series recording to record all episodes since I hadn't watched this show since I was a kid.

Since Memorial Day, I have watched 1-2 episodes a day. Last month, for 4 nights in a row, I was dreaming that I was John "Hannibal" Smith, the leader of the A Team.

BEST. DREAMS. EVER.

Tycho
07-11-2010, 01:22 AM
No. If you dream you were Face Man, you'll have the best dreams ever!

Change the sheets in the morning though.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-11-2010, 02:16 AM
I want a trash bag.

Tycho
07-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I want a trash bag.

Because I made you want to puke or because you were quoting H.M. Murdock from that one episode in the Florida State Penitentiary when The A-Team was busting out B.A.'s old neighborhood friend?

"Trashbags! I want some trashbags!"

The dialogue writing on The A-Team was of the highest caliber ...."Sucka."

Mad Slanted Powers
07-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Because I made you want to puke or because you were quoting H.M. Murdock from that one episode in the Florida State Penitentiary when The A-Team was busting out B.A.'s old neighborhood friend?

"Trashbags! I want some trashbags!"

The dialogue writing on The A-Team was of the highest caliber ...."Sucka."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8th2J3c88mU