PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training Academy 5 Pack

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-03-2009, 12:28 AM
This set (http://endorexpress.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=317) is pretty interesting. It looks to include the younglings and master seen in the eBay prototypes and assumed to be coming from the Target sets. It's $39.99, apparently, taking the best price gouging from Hasbro and Disney and combining them. :D Weird that the tallest youngling is a TPM Anakin figure with a new head, and not even the Jedi body. I wonder if the figures will also come in the Target packs?

sebillba
03-03-2009, 05:25 AM
It seems to be based on a Disney park attraction, rather than on any characters from the films, where kids get to learn how wave around a lightsaber from some park attendant in jedi robes, then they get to use their new "skills" against another guy dressed as Vader. The more I think about this set, the less I want it, especially at Disney prices.

Tycho
03-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Well I'm buying considerably less (at the moment) waiting for the spring releases shown at Toy Fair, so I would go for this in order to have more Jedi in my Jedi Temple display for Order 66 and the invasion of the 501st Clones.

It's a nice set. Only the Darth Vader figure is redundant.

Blue2th
03-03-2009, 10:13 AM
"Mommy didn't Anakin kill those younglings and wear the Vader suit later?"

Slicker
03-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Why is Darth Vader there?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Why is Darth Vader there?
It's a Star Wars multipack; Darth Vader is always there. :p

DarkJedi5
03-03-2009, 02:26 PM
If you read the bit on the website, Vader is included because in the stage show he shows up at the end of the "training" session to do battle with the kids. I guess he loses?

mtriv73
03-05-2009, 05:18 PM
I'll bet the actor is seriously bruised after being beaten senseless by a bunch of kids with plastic lightsabers all day.

Slicker
03-05-2009, 05:21 PM
It's a Star Wars multipack; Darth Vader is always there. :pAhhh...touche.

figrin bran
03-06-2009, 03:25 AM
I've watched Jedi Training Academy many, many times at Disneyland and what happens is that after squaring off with each and every youngling that was chosen, Vader decides to retreat and then everyone becomes an "official" padawan.

CC-2226
03-06-2009, 05:25 AM
not something i'll buy it's okay:whip::shocked::love::laugh::frus:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2009, 04:22 PM
I've watched Jedi Training Academy many, many times at Disneyland and what happens is that after squaring off with each and every youngling that was chosen, Vader decides to retreat and then everyone becomes an "official" padawan.
Ah, I believe that's exactly what happened in ROTS, too. ;) :D

jonthejedi
03-07-2009, 05:21 AM
My son will love this set, price point or not. He's challenged, but still got to do it at several SW Weekends, and at Celebration II & III. He got a Make-A-Wish trip granted to Florida last year...and even got pictures taken with Vader, the stormies & the Jedi Master. Very cool. I wish the package had that cool bunker door they added down at Disney studios Star Tours. I passed on last years droid repack set, but may have to spring for this one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-04-2009, 01:34 AM
I saw this show and got this set while at Disneyland a few weeks ago. The figures are pretty nice, as they're the first human younglings we've gotten. It was $35, so that's a little better than I was expecting it to be. The show was pretty great; I would have loved to have done that when I was younger. Oh, who am I kidding, I'd love to do it now. :D

jonthejedi
08-04-2009, 04:07 AM
Right there with you on that...maybe they need to have like an adult swim hour or something for the big kids.