PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Universe 3 3/4" wishlist

bigbarada
03-03-2009, 04:22 PM
I'll admit that I'm not too impressed with the figure choices for the first waves of the new Marvel Universe line (Black Panther?... really?), but I am super excited about the possibilities for the future. So, I figured it was as good a time as any to start coming up with a wishlist for figures that I want to see.

1. Original X-Men - (Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel, Iceman) in their original blue/yellow Silver Age outfits, but I would also be happy with their more modern "First Class" uniforms:
2. Professor X - in a plain, simple wheelchair (no floating space chairs)
3. Blob
4. Juggernaut
5. Beast - blue, furry version
6. Phoenix/Dark Phoenix (it'd be cool if she came with a bird-shaped, Phoenix-effect flame-stand that would plug into her back and allow her to appear as if she's hovering above the ground)
7. Mohawk Storm
8. Cyclops (from The Dark Phoenix Saga)
9. Archangel
10. Apocalypse
11. X-Factor "Mutant Hunters" (Scott, Jean, Hank, Bobby and Warren in their Mutant Hunter uniforms)
12. "X-Terminators" - "Evil Mutant" Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, Angel
13. Artie and Leech 2-pack
14. The Horsmen of Apocalypse - War, Pestilence and Famine with their mechanical steeds.
15. "Brainless" Beast - in his brown and yellow outfit

That's all I can think of for now.

Beast
03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm guessing that you started reading chiefly with X-Factor, right? ;)

Love the list. I'd buy them all. At least a couple are likely.

I'm sure the Mohawk Storm will be in the Secret Wars packs. Same with Classic Cyclops.

NerfTW
03-03-2009, 07:54 PM
My only gripe with this line is all the people who are upset it's not a pure X-men line.

bigbarada
03-03-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm guessing that you started reading chiefly with X-Factor, right? ;)

Love the list. I'd buy them all. At least a couple are likely.

I'm sure the Mohawk Storm will be in the Secret Wars packs. Same with Classic Cyclops.

Yep, X-Factor was my first X-book and I started paying attention to it right at the tail end of the Mutant Massacre storyline; but I didn't start collecting it or seriously reading it until after the Fall of the Mutants crossover.

I think a Silver Age X-Men boxed set is pretty likely, especially after reading this Hasbro Q&A answer off of UncannyXMen.net (from November 3, 2008):

Q2. "Do you have any plans for "Classic Teams" box sets like the original X-Men/X-Factor, Horsemen of Apocalypse or the All-New All Different X-Men. With their uniforms of the time not the current uniforms."
Honestly I'd pay money for a set of detailed figures of Peter David's first X-Factor team with right era uniforms (Havok, Polaris, Wolfsbane, Strong Guy, Madrox, Quicksilver. Don't forget Valerie Cooper!) -RingOtaku, others

Hasbro: We like box sets. We really like classic teams. We like classic team box sets. But Fury says we can't share anything right now. He says it's classified. We don't mess with Nick.

If this line does really well and continues on for several years, then I have another list of "waaay out of left field" figures that I would want. However, if Hasbro makes any of these, then it will be a sure sign that they're running out of characters to make; but I'd absolutely buy every single one of these:

1. Pro-wrestler Beast - from X-Men #8 (see attachment - would be great in a comic 2-pack with Unus the Untouchable and a reprint of X-Men 8)
2. Civilian clothes versions of all 5 original X-Men (modern or 60s era clothing, I would be happy with either one)
3. Star Brand (seriously, if Hasbro starts dipping into New Universe characters, then the end is near; but I would buy Star Brand in his original outfit and maybe even the Old Man in human and/or alien form)
4. "The 'Nam" Punisher (inserting the Punisher killed that series, but I would still buy a realistic Vietnam-era Frank Castle figure)
5. The 'Nam - boxed set w/ Ed Marks, Rob Little, Mike Albergo, Sgt. Polkow, and Top (it would absolutely never happen, but that's kinda the point of this list. Besides inserting the Punisher into 'Nam continuity essentially drags all of the 'Nam characters into the greater Marvel continuity.)
6. "Snowman" Bobby Drake - from X-Men #1 (attachment 2 - again, would never happen, but it would be too silly to pass up if Hasbro actually made the figure)
7. Amputated-wings Angel (they could actually include removable bandaged wings; but I'm sure Hasbro wouldn't touch this figure idea with a ten foot pole)

bigbarada
03-03-2009, 08:47 PM
My only gripe with this line is all the people who are upset it's not a pure X-men line.

The only other areas of the Marvel Universe that I am pretty well familiar with is Spider-Man and Fantastic Four. However, both of those have been pretty well covered in different toy lines over the last decade or two. The same with Jim Lee-era and modern X-Men.

But thinking it through, I would also love to see:

1. Fantastic Four - (no doubt they'll all be made soon enough)
2. Ben Grimm - human form
3. Peter Parker - plain clothes version
4. Fantastic 4 in astronaut gear, pre-superpowers
5. Silver Age Doctor Octopus
6. Silver Age Vulture
7. Eddie Brock (Venom is a shoe-in so there's no need to even ask for him)

NerfTW
03-03-2009, 09:59 PM
AHA! See, that's why I was being snarky. You're not familiar with the Avengers, so you consider Black Panther to be a weird choice for a figure, despite him being an early and long running member of the team, not to mention currently starring in his own book, and a cartoon on BET.

Basically, I want a wide of a range as possible. At the rate they're going, they really have the potential to cover a lot of ground quickly, and I'd hate to see the line turn into just Spider-man, or just X-men. Especially since those two were covered so well in Toybiz lines over the years.

bigbarada
03-03-2009, 10:36 PM
AHA! See, that's why I was being snarky. You're not familiar with the Avengers, so you consider Black Panther to be a weird choice for a figure, despite him being an early and long running member of the team, not to mention currently starring in his own book, and a cartoon on BET.

Basically, I want a wide of a range as possible. At the rate they're going, they really have the potential to cover a lot of ground quickly, and I'd hate to see the line turn into just Spider-man, or just X-men. Especially since those two were covered so well in Toybiz lines over the years.

Well, I never claimed to be an expert on the Marvel Universe and I am over 15 years out of date with their recent developments. So feel free to start your own wishlist and educate me a little bit.

Beast
03-04-2009, 11:50 AM
I'd love to see Evolution Packs in the line as well.
In fact, I asked Hasbro about it in one of the Q&A's we had recently.

Evolution of Phoenix: Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, White Phoenix of the Crown
Evolution of Beast: Beast (Graduation Costume), Ape Beast (Perez), Astonishing X-Men Beast
Evolution of Bucky: Bucky, Winter Soldier, Captain America (Bucky)

DarkArtist
03-04-2009, 12:41 PM
i would love to see:

Venom
Carnage
Spider Carnage
Anti Venom
Doc Octopus
Mysterio
Shocker
Mary Jane Watson
Gwen Stacy
Black Cat
New Goblin (spidey 3)
White Queen
Black Queen
Cyclops
Professor X

bigbarada
03-04-2009, 11:35 PM
I'd love to see Evolution Packs in the line as well.
In fact, I asked Hasbro about it in one of the Q&A's we had recently.

Evolution of Phoenix: Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, White Phoenix of the Crown
Evolution of Beast: Beast (Graduation Costume), Ape Beast (Perez), Astonishing X-Men Beast
Evolution of Bucky: Bucky, Winter Soldier, Captain America (Bucky)

I like that idea and it would probably be the only way that I would buy a lion-Beast figure. When you say "graduation costume" are you talking about the red and blue outfit that he started wearing in X-Men #39?

I'm pretty sure that a blue, furry Beast will be on the way in a couple years, so an Evolutions set would be a great way to give us a figure of the grey, furry Beast from Amazing Adventures #11 (before it suddenly changed color to blue-black in Amazing Adventures #15 - see attachment).

Beast
03-05-2009, 12:07 AM
I like that idea and it would probably be the only way that I would buy a lion-Beast figure. When you say "graduation costume" are you talking about the red and blue outfit that he started wearing in X-Men #39?
Yep. Cause I assume the 1st Appearance costumes would be more likely in a boxset.

I'm pretty sure that a blue, furry Beast will be on the way in a couple years, so an Evolutions set would be a great way to give us a figure of the grey, furry Beast from Amazing Adventures #11 (before it suddenly changed color to blue-black in Amazing Adventures #15 - see attachment).
I'm sure when we get the Furry Blue Beast, they'll do a Grey variant as well.

Still hoping we get a Beast/Dark Beast Comic 2-Pack as well.

plasticfetish
03-05-2009, 05:09 AM
It's funny... of the figures from the first wave, Black Panther was the first that I wanted. I'm not saying that I'm not into the "basics" like Spider-Man, but growing up reading comics in the early to mid '70s, it was the slightly less mainstream characters like Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange, Son of Satan, Silver Surfer (who I'll buy next), Man-Thing and Adam Warlock that I liked.

I'd have to roll through the entire list of Marvel characters, but the one that comes to mind instantly is Vision. I can think of a few other Avengers that I'd like: Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man (safari jacket), Falcon, Yellowjacket. I'm sure they'll churn out every possible Avenger from the '60s on up, so I'm not worried.

A classic X-men set would be great.

I was reading through an old issue of Guardians of the Galaxy, and though it's probably not going to happen, a classic set like that could be cool also.

This list could go on and on for days...

Sinscia Fat'o
03-07-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm still ****ed that i'm going to have to pay big bucks for the punisher who is one of the few characters i actually really wanted!!!!

The figures of this line aren't bad as i have gotten my hands on three of them, and while i'm not impressed, their still not bad. (Star Wars still has better articulation.) Though like BB i'm an X-Men fan, and i would support seeing figure choices like he mentioned, as i'm all about anything from the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix storyline, and the classic Generation 1 team of Scott, Jean, Bobby, Warren, and Beast!!!

bigbarada
05-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Okay, I've been studying up on my Avengers history, so I'm adding to my list:

1. Thor - pretty much a given
2. Iron Man (Gold Armor) - the big clunky gold armor he wore in the first few issues of Avengers
3. Ant Man/Giant Man (Although I don't know how they'd pull off Ant-Man at this scale)
4. Wasp - again, I'm not sure how they'd pull this one off other than just making her normal sized
5. Bruce Banner (human form - they can do two versions: normal clothes and torn up clothes)
6. Silver Age Hulk - He wasn't much larger than Thor back in those days and he didn't have the pea-sized head either.
7. Wonder Man - in his original "villain" outfit and another version is his hero uniform
8. Rick Jones - he's kind of just a normal kid, but he was Hulk's sidekick for a little while until latching onto Captain America.

Beast
05-10-2009, 08:47 PM
I like those choices.

Thor - We'll probably see a classic version in the Secret Wars 2-Packs.
Iron Man (Gold Armor) - As long as there's a Silver version of that armor as well.

Ant Man/Giant Man - Well, we have the Goliath version coming. Also see Wasp entry.
Wasp - They could always do a 'Shrunk' version as a pack in with the regular sized versions of Ant Man and Wasp. Sorta like the 'Hologram' pack-ins for Star Wars we got a while back.

Bruce Banner - Not sure there's much of a chance of seeing unmasked/civilian versions of the main characters. Even with Peter Parker, Tony Stark, and such. We'll see how Mary Jane sells.

Silver Age Hulk - I wouldn't mind a smaller Silver Age version. But I do like the current one.

Wonder Man - Honestly? I hope they do his Safari Jacket version most of all.

Rick Jones - Again, civilians are unlikely. But maybe as a comic pack w/ Hulk or Captain Marvel.

bigbarada
05-10-2009, 09:52 PM
I like those choices.

Thor - We'll probably see a classic version in the Secret Wars 2-Packs.
Iron Man (Gold Armor) - As long as there's a Silver version of that armor as well.

Ant Man/Giant Man - Well, we have the Goliath version coming. Also see Wasp entry.
Wasp - They could always do a 'Shrunk' version as a pack in with the regular sized versions of Ant Man and Wasp. Sorta like the 'Hologram' pack-ins for Star Wars we got a while back.

Bruce Banner - Not sure there's much of a chance of seeing unmasked/civilian versions of the main characters. Even with Peter Parker, Tony Stark, and such. We'll see how Mary Jane sells.

Silver Age Hulk - I wouldn't mind a smaller Silver Age version. But I do like the current one.

Wonder Man - Honestly? I hope they do his Safari Jacket version most of all.

Rick Jones - Again, civilians are unlikely. But maybe as a comic pack w/ Hulk or Captain Marvel.

I'd be happy with almost any classic version of Thor.

Yeah, I thought that they could just include shrunk versions of Ant Man and Wasp along with regular sized versions. Of course, they'd still technically be too big, but that's fine. If someone complains you can just tell then to put two tiny ink dots from a ball point pen on Iron Man's shoulder and say that's them. ;)

I can see how civilians and plain clothes versions of heroes might not be the best idea at this point in time; but hopefully a few years down the road.

Wonder Man's safari jacket outfit would be ultra-cool, as long as they make a 1970s era Beast to go with him (then those two could spend all their time hitting on the hot babes in my Stars Wars and GI Joe collections :D ). However, I think the outfit Simon wore as part of the West Coast Avengers would be more likely than anything else.

dantes_inferno
05-12-2009, 02:28 PM
my list would be

Venom-always one of my favorites
Carnage-i just love the symbiotes
Anti-Venom-love the suit
Doc Oc-classic villain id love to have
Magneto
Juggernaut-id just love to have a 3.75" figure of him
Red Skull- a single non-exclusive figure would be awesome
Thor-either, i like the ultimate version look, but id take any
Cyclops
Gambit- the XMO version looks ok, but could be better and the articulation sucks..
Deadpool-id like to see a better version, have the sheaths on his back be placed better and without those awful hip joints
Professor X- id just like one of him
Hawkeye-i always liked his outfit, and the character, so id love to see a MU figure for him
Colossus- always liked him
Norman Osborn/Iron Patriot-im not sure which id prefer more, but im leaning toward iron patriot

thats all i can think of for now

EDIT- i somehow forgot Doctor Doom

plasticfetish
05-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Deadpool-id like to see a better version, have the sheaths on his back be placed better and without those awful hip jointsSeeing as how they just confirmed a Deadpool movie, I'm sure we'll have plenty of new figures to choose from in time.

Darth Nobody
05-17-2009, 10:15 AM
anyone elso open up a modern Punisher and get him with two left feet?

Beast
05-17-2009, 10:26 AM
anyone elso open up a modern Punisher and get him with two left feet?
Probably not many. It's simply a production error, I recommend exchanging it.

bigbarada
05-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Okay, time to reshuffle my top ten:

1. Beast - blue/grey and furry, as he appeared in his Amazing Adventures and Avengers days.
2. Original 1963 X-Men - I'm assuming this would be a boxed set, but I'd buy them all individually too.
3. Thor - classic version, I'm not sure if he's announced or not, but I want to fill out my original Avengers line up (I'm under the impression that classic Captain America, Giant Man and Wasp are on the way)
4. Nightcrawler - whatever he looks like now, I don't care, I want him in his original Uncanny X-Men form
5. Wonder Man - Safari Jacket would be cool, but I'd also be happy with his original "villain" outfit or his later West Coast Avengers outfit
6. Beast - red and blue "graduation" outfit
7. Phoenix/Dark Phoenix
8. Mohawk Storm
9. Colossus - in his original Uncanny X-Men form
10. Angel - in his red and white outfit from the Dark Phoenix days

The furry Beast bumping the original X-Men out of the top spot is a major shift for me; but I'm just really liking that Beast storyline from Amazing Adventures.

bigbarada
06-09-2009, 02:33 PM
I've been catching up on my Marvel comics reading and I have a few additions to make:

1. Ares, God of War - from Mighty Avengers
2. Skrull Beast - from Secret Invasion
3. Skrull Phoenix - from Secret Invasion
4. Battle-Damaged Captain America - from Civil War
5. Berzerk She-Hulk - from Avengers Disassembled

I'm pretty sure Scarlet With and Quicksilver figures are on the way, but if not, then they get added to my list. I might also be cool to see Skrull versions of the big name characters like Spider-Man, Captain America, Thor, etc. but I think that idea would get played out very quickly.

Beast
06-09-2009, 04:59 PM
It's a shame they didn't think to do something like include a 'Skrully' head hidden in the package. Maybe behind the Shield symbols. Especially with the MU line launching out of Secret Invasion. Really hoping we at least get a Skrull variant of Spider-Woman when they get around to making her. Hell, a Secret Invasion Comic 2-Pack with Spider-Woman and Jarvis with a Skrull variant of each would be great also.

bigbarada
06-09-2009, 09:17 PM
It's a shame they didn't think to do something like include a 'Skrully' head hidden in the package. Maybe behind the Shield symbols. Especially with the MU line launching out of Secret Invasion. Really hoping we at least get a Skrull variant of Spider-Woman when they get around to making her. Hell, a Secret Invasion Comic 2-Pack with Spider-Woman and Jarvis with a Skrull variant of each would be great also.

That would have been cool, but I can understand why they wouldn't want to do that for two reasons: 1. they wouldn't want to give the impression that this was just a modern "Secret Wars" style toy line; and 2. why do that when they could just make you pay for an all new "Skrull version" of the character later on?

Anyways, if this had been a question sent in to Hasbro, I could see #1 being pretty close to their official answer, but #2 being the real reason behind it. :)

bigbarada
06-15-2009, 04:00 PM
I've been reading Ed Brubaker's Captain America series, probably the best comic I've read in about 15 years or so. So, naturally, that adds a few more characters to my want list (this is taking into account the Invaders multi-pack coming out):

1. Golden Age Bucky
2. Golden Age Toro
3. Captain America unmasked
4. Winter Soldier (they can do Cold War and Modern Era variants)
5. Dr. Zola
6. Crossbones
7. Sin
8. Falcon
9. WW2 Nick Fury
10. Aleksander Lukin with interchangeable Red Skull head

Cane_Adiss
06-20-2009, 11:59 PM
My most wanted Marvel figs would be:

1. Mystique (especially her movie version, not as big a fan of her comic look)
2. Deathstrike (comic and movie versions)
3. Doctor Octopus (comic and movie versions)
4. as many Spider-man villains as they can make (Beetle, Shocker, Mysterio, Kingpin, Shriek and Doppelganger would be my top picks)

bigbarada
06-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Some other ideas:

1. Ultimate Captain America - World War II uniform
2. The Wasp - Silver Age outfit
3. Hank Pym Wasp - current outfit
4. Skrull warrior
5. Hulkling from Young Avengers

Beast
06-21-2009, 02:29 PM
My most wanted Marvel figs would be:

1. Mystique (especially her movie version, not as big a fan of her comic look)
2. Deathstrike (comic and movie versions)
3. Doctor Octopus (comic and movie versions)
4. as many Spider-man villains as they can make (Beetle, Shocker, Mysterio, Kingpin, Shriek and Doppelganger would be my top picks)
They're not going to do any movie versions in the Marvel Universe line. Thank goodness.

Mystique's comic outfit is classy. And will be out next year. The movie version is fug.

bigbarada
06-21-2009, 04:56 PM
They're not going to do any movie versions in the Marvel Universe line. Thank goodness.

That IS good news. Each movie has already had a dedicated toy line so no need to retread familiar territory. (And personally, I wouldn't mind pretending that the three X-Men movies never even happened in the first place; but that's just me.) That's also one of the reason that I'm not too thrilled about Hasbro making too many Spider-Man figures and Spidey villains. Especially since there are already 2 or 3 dedicated Spider-Man lines on the toy shelves right now.

Beast
06-21-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm sure they'll probably handle the Spider-Man 4 toyline like they did Wolverine.

Do both comic and movie figures in a subline that is compatible with MU.

NerfTW
06-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Meh. I'm not a fan of the movie outfits at all. I'm glad they didn't just leave Iron Man in his greyscale outfit, with the track record they've had with the movies.

Although I guess the fact that Iron Man was in house and not done by Sony probably helped.

The costume design for Mystique in the Wolverine game was way better than the movie version. The same look, but with her black leather outfit she was (is still?) wearing for a while, instead of that ridiculous naked look.

Beast
06-21-2009, 07:42 PM
She dropped the black leather outfit after the end of her solo book.

She's back in her classic white outfit again. Or a close variation of it.

Cane_Adiss
06-25-2009, 12:42 PM
I thought the "ridiculous naked look" was awesome. Are they going to do a separate series for how they appeared in the movies? I'm not a comics purist, but tend to like both looks. I prefer the comic versions of Spidey villains tho.

Beast
07-06-2009, 09:29 AM
With SDCC right around the corner... I thought I'd post my Top 20 Wishlist.
Just to see how many get revealed at SDCC. Hopefully a lot...

1. Beast (Apeman - Perez Style)
2. Wonder Man (Red Safari Jacket)
3. Jean Grey (90's Jim Lee Costume)
4. Rocket Raccoon (GotG Costume)
5. Polaris (Modern Costume)
6. Destiny
7. Shadowcat (Astonishing X-Men Costume) w/ Lockheed
8. Iron Patriot
9. Ultron (Classic)
10. Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men Costume) w/ Diamond Variant
11. Mysterio
12. Abomination
13. Falcon w/ Redwing
14. Gladiator (Shi'ar)
15. Crimson Dynamo
16. Ares
17. A.I.M. Scientist (Beekeepers)
18. Professor X
19. Winter Soldier
20. Toad (Modern)

El Chuxter
07-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Meat Loaf!! (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3610/3525229414_dedf58d7a9.jpg)