PDA

View Full Version : This May: The 2009 Summer Movie Season Presents Me With A Medical Dilemma

Tycho
03-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Star Trek,
Terminator 4
Transformers 2
GI Joe
Wolverine

Alright, when am I supposed to have my second surgery when the best summer movie collection ever is going to be coming out in May?

This is so unfair.

If my very serious (and painful) operation is in May as planned, I hope these movies will still be in theaters in June so that I may go and see matinee shows for each of them. I bet that most I'll want to see on the big screen at least 3 times each!

My prediction is that Terminator 4 will be my own personal favorite. We'll have to wait and see.

I may be viewing all of these movies on heavy pain-killers and it also could distort the experience:

Captain Kirk has to save humanity from the Transformers who are trying to terminate all human life, so when he learns that he is immortal, he has adantium claws put into his fists with which he can also use to signal the bird to Cobra who is trying to obtain the AllSpark. But Kirk sleeps with the Baroness to uncover Destro's evil plans which is when he learns that Destro doesn't look human and his face is silver because he is actually a T-500 and programmed by Skynet, the leader of the Decepticons.

I wrote the above on light medication. Imagine what I'll sound like in May! :crazed:

LTBasker
03-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Actually, I think you just wrote "2009 Movie."

You could get that made quite easily I'd imagine, probably by presenting the plot written out on a naked girl. I believe that's how all of the [Blank] Movies managed to get made.

pbarnard
03-05-2009, 08:56 AM
And you've already written a better plot too!

Tycho
03-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I hope so.

I've been finding it difficult to concentrate in order to work on my book.

My doctors say this is typical of the first-month-after-transplant-experience.

My novel (half in 1862 and half in 2010 originally) is being divided by my editor to simplify it into two 250 page novels (each of which I may add up to 50 pages of further development to).

It is a treasure hunt by college students at LSU after Civil War bounty, but the 1862 story chronicles how it was lost in the first place.

My editor wants that piece to be the first book. Obviously a historical fiction western piece, I try to watch "3:10 To Yuma" to place me in that time. An excellent Christian Bale (and Russel Crowe) movie, it should do the trick.

But my Christian Bale movie of the day yesterday had to be The Dark Knight of course. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Star Trek,
Terminator 4
Transformers 2
GI Joe
Wolverine

Alright, when am I supposed to have my second surgery when the best summer movie collection ever is going to be coming out in May?

This is so unfair.

If my very serious (and painful) operation is in May as planned, I hope these movies will still be in theaters in June so that I may go and see matinee shows for each of them. I bet that most I'll want to see on the big screen at least 3 times each!That will be exceptionally difficult for Transformers 2, which comes out at the end of June, and GI Joke which is in the death slot of August. But I'm sure there will be plenty of empty theaters in June playing those other 3, as they all have the mark of suck about them. Then again, except for T4, those others are coming out before your surgery, couldn't you see them then?

Tycho
03-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I don't know when my 2nd surgery will be scheduled. The doctors don't yet either. I just had that biopsy on the new kidney done on Wed. The results might be known Monday or not until next Thursday.

If I can, I'll go see Trek, Terminator, and Wolverine as soon as I can.

I don't think T4 is playing until May 21 though.

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 03:30 PM
I thought you said the 2nd kidney surgery was in mid-May, and you wanted to postpone it a week from that (although the reason for doing so no longer seems to be on the table).

2-1B
03-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Terminator 4 and X-Men 4 are the only ones that I am really excited about...
Star Trek 12 looks 50/50 and the Hasbro movies look bad to me. :(