PDA

View Full Version : Any good online comic book stores out there?

bigbarada
03-05-2009, 01:23 AM
There are literally zero comic book shops within 50 miles of me, so I'm stuck ordering new comics online (I don't think there is even a Barnes & Noble within a one hour radius). I don't want to use Ebay for new issues and I placed an order a couple of weeks ago with MyComicShop.com, but it took them over a week just to ship it out to me. So, I'm hoping that there is a site out there with a little bit faster service.

(Actually, my boss' mother-in-law runs a bookstore, I wonder if I could convince her to start stocking comic books?)

Anyways, if anybody knows of a good online comic shop, then I'd appreciate some help here.:yes:

Rocketboy
03-05-2009, 06:24 AM
For trades, www.instocktrades.com has great prices.

But for monthies I have no idea.

Darth Jax
03-05-2009, 09:22 AM
there's always TFAW.com (things from another world - comics and toys) or mile high comics (milehighcomics.com).

i've never ordered from TFAW, but like their weekly newsletter email to stay current on what was released. i've never used milehigh's website, since there's 2 locations within convenient driving distance from me.

dr_evazan22
03-05-2009, 09:39 AM
I've been using TFAW since about last summer. I set up what titles I wanted to reserve each month; they send an email reminder which includes a total, at which time I have the opportunity to make any changes. Option for bag and board (25 cents or less, might be 10). A number of different shipping options based on how often you want mailings and how quickly you want them. My comics come in a nice sturdy cardboard / paperboard mailer, haven't had any damages yet.

As a bonus, they'll occasionally include an insert for sales or discounts.

I also have some GG busts on preorder.

bigbarada
03-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the help. I think I'll place small orders from a few different sites and see which one I like best. The only thing that stinks is the shipping costs if I only want to order one comic book.

I placed another order through MyComicShop and they're just so stinkin' slow. It takes them several days just to acknowledge that your books are in stock.:upset:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-07-2009, 09:40 AM
I'd also recommend Mile High Comics. If you sign up for the newsletter, not only will you get potential deals, but Chuck Can't-Remember-or-Pronounce-His-Last-Name-Correctly is a down-to-earth comic collector from the "olden days." I just like to read it (his plants and gardens, Colorado weather, international travel, his wife and daughters' lives, and his other collecting habit of Indian pottery... oh, and comic books news, too :p) somedays. They also have some program with new comics, but I don't use it, so I can't fully support it. I'd highly suggest them. :thumbsup:

Engineernerd
03-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I go to http://www.dcbservice.com/. I went there a couple times online before I realized they are 5 mins from my house. Good people.