PDA

View Full Version : I Had A Dream That I Joined The American Legion -They Limited Me To Only 5 SW Figures

Tycho
03-05-2009, 07:43 AM
So me and my first friend I ever collected SW figures with since we were 5 years old joined some kind of organization like the American Legion. It was a militant community service club with military ranks and discipline.

We were made roommates in new initiate quarters - a one-room-dorm-room with attached bathroom (similar to my college digs but with hardwood floor). Then we had to clean it and disinfect it from top to bottom and prepare for inspection.

Because we were hardcore SW collectors / fans, we were allowed special dispensation that permitted us to each have 5 Star Wars figures in our quarters and 1 $20 price range starship. I think we each chose the TIE Fighter. I don't remember what figures each of us picked, but my friend had Yoda.

Anyway, it was very militant but I felt good about what I was doing because we were going to give back to and serve the community. I didn't understand why military discipline was required in order to do this, but I definitely appreciated the efficiency.

I think our first mission was a milk run - literally. We had to deliver bottles of fresh, cold milk to the poor. This would help them receive better nutrician.

Anyway, even newer initiates would be called to stand at attention in our quarters while my friend and I went out on our mission. The newbies would be ordered to stand perfectly still and look at our Star Wars figures and be told that "this is why they do it!" (Referring to acting on behalf of goodwill to the community because we wish to be like Jedi Knights).

OK, it was a dream. I've never actually been proven to be insane. But I'm just posting it exactly as I dreamt it up.

The room was warmly lit and the hardwood floor shined - the bedding was white, crisp and clean, and fitted on the bed perfectly for inspection.

The Star Wars figures were also lined up in perfect 5 man formations. Oh - I do remember choosing General Veers to be amongst mine.

Blue2th
03-05-2009, 10:57 AM
"This is why they do it" sounds like something Ike would say.

They were prepping you for the 501st Legion?

It's a good thing it wasn't the French Foreign Legion.
You'd be in the African desert.
Though you might have been able to take 5 figures and a Landspeeder for the desert and pretend you were on Tatooine.

DarthBrandon
03-05-2009, 07:49 PM
I think you've gone crazy Tycho, you need to get some good meds, I'll see if I can help with that as soon as I get back from Punta Cana.(where I'm typing this now):D

Slicker
03-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Don't worry, Tycho!! I belong to the American Legion and I've got a TON of figures!