PDA

View Full Version : Action Fleet T-Wing

hawkelancer
03-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Hello

This is my First time posting here. I have this Twing that I converted from an X-Wing. But I thout it was missing something. So here I am posting for your viewing pleasure the addition of the Guns to the T-wing. I used the guns from the TS Z-95 headhunter to complete this. I still have to paint the guns.

hawkelancer
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I have 2 Custom X-wings I will post once i get good pictures of them. Both have 6 engines, I was inspired by a starwars comic. And one of these is a dual cockpit. the double cockpit version is still a little rough and I need to work out some details.

Nightside
03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Welcome hawkelancer!

Very nice work. It looks great. The ship reminds me of a Viper from BSG.

hawkelancer
03-05-2009, 04:51 PM
According to something i read once the Viper from bsg is based on the T-wing. Lucas was deciding what fighter for the rebels to use, and he was presented drawings of the t-wing and the xwing. he chose the x-wing for the rebels. when the first bsg was going the same designer of the t-wing made some changes to it and the Viper was born.

http://retardzone.com/2008/10/08/the-ultimate-battlestar-galactica-viper-link/

sergiurusu
03-06-2009, 03:35 AM
Welcome! A nice custom!:thumbsup:

Blue2th
03-06-2009, 09:58 AM
According to something i read once the Viper from bsg is based on the T-wing. Lucas was deciding what fighter for the rebels to use, and he was presented drawings of the t-wing and the xwing. he chose the x-wing for the rebels. when the first bsg was going the same designer of the t-wing made some changes to it and the Viper was born.

http://retardzone.com/2008/10/08/the-ultimate-battlestar-galactica-viper-link/

I did not know that.
I really liked the Buck Rogers ship. Would have been nice to get one.

Nightside
03-07-2009, 08:57 AM
I did not know that.
I really liked the Buck Rogers ship. Would have been nice to get one.

I like the Buck Rogers ship, too. Wish there was something else available in the small scale other than the too kid-friendly Corgi version.

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Cool custom, very rare. What made you think to do this one, specifically?

hawkelancer
03-07-2009, 11:04 PM
I liked the T-wing and I have over 30 Xwings. some of them have missing guns now and i thought i would recycle them somehow. the T-wing was one idea the others i will post soon.

Darth Duranium
03-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Very nice, Hawke... looks very Ralph McQuarrie to me. Have you thought about doing a Stealth X with your recycled ships?

hawkelancer
03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
very nice, I like the lines but that is a little more advanced than i can do. is there anybody here who can do 1 of those?

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 09:44 PM
30 X-wings? Oh man, then yeah, have at it! Make a giant X-wing out of little X-wings. ;) Good reason.

Man, I wish Galoob had been able to do that Stealth version, it requires a lot of new tooling but it'd be totally worth it. I don't think the Titanium could do it justice.

Blue2th
03-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Very nice, Hawke... looks very Ralph McQuarrie to me. Have you thought about doing a Stealth X with your recycled ships?

That is so badas*!

Like to see that one in action, or in Titanium or better. What era is it from in the SW Universe? I'm sure after ROTJ.

I just found a box in my garage with 4 X-Wings, 5 TIE Fighters, 4 Y-Wings and one of each Star Destroyer, Sandcrawler, and a Snowspeeder.

I must have been thinking of making a space battle or something. I do remember finding these at KB's at clearance though for some rediculous price.

hawkelancer
03-10-2009, 11:40 PM
ok i am off work these next 2 days and I will try and post up some more pics then.

Darth Duranium
03-11-2009, 09:51 AM
The AF Alpha X-Wing "proto" kinda reminds me of the Stealth X... it might be quite possible to modify it to make a custom Titanium Stealth X. I guess you could dremel/modify a regular AF X-Wing into one, but it'd be tough.

Blue, here's the background info:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/StealthX

hawkelancer
03-11-2009, 07:56 PM
OK here are some pics i hope you guys like that i have titled tarmac

hawkelancer
03-11-2009, 08:00 PM
more of the same tarmac

hawkelancer
03-11-2009, 08:02 PM
and the last 2 for now

hawkelancer
03-12-2009, 01:02 PM
The larger object in the pictures is going to be a transport to scale. thats what i have of the ship so far. it will have a full interior. i placed the T-wing and one of my 2 E-wings next to it for scale.

JediTricks
03-12-2009, 07:27 PM
That's pretty cool! Some nifty ideas with that transport, and I like that you've got fine details for the controls in the main area. I don't recognize the BSG Viper, who is that from? And what's the source on the ARC-170, is that the SW Transformer? Looks too good, more like a model kit, wider and with more detail.

hawkelancer
03-12-2009, 09:22 PM
The Viper is a joyride studios I am posting a link to buy one on ebay if you want one. I had to dremel out the cockpit enough for my action fleet mini figs to fit in though. The Arc-170 is the revell snap together model. I find the scale is close and it has featuers i like. I just want to find a way to convert it into an action fleet toy. I want to find out if the jedi fighter will work as well but i have not gotten my hands on one as of yet. Thw transport was being built for me by a friend and I still need to work out the interior and the hull plating and then the paint job. any ideas welcome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Silver-Spar-Viper-Series-3-MOC_W0QQitemZ330306409776QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

hawkelancer
03-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Here is a guy who makes custom action fleet ships. This is his jedi starfighter with obi-wan. It sold on ebay for close to $200. He also did a chiss fighter I have pics of that as well. I want to get a group together and comission this guy to make some for us so they are affordable for the whole group.

clone157
03-13-2009, 04:24 PM
The larger object in the pictures is going to be a transport to scale. thats what i have of the ship so far. it will have a full interior. i placed the T-wing and one of my 2 E-wings next to it for scale.

You know Playmates put out a line of small scale ships similar to AF called "inner space" thst have great seats and more improtantly great labels for control panels. You may want to look them up or see if any one has any repro labels available.

hawkelancer
03-13-2009, 04:51 PM
I have several of the playmates ships. I have 2 enterprises with bridge ten forward brig and captains office. several of the shuttle craft. but those are fodder for my star wars vs. star trek. I so enjoy the look on picards face when the Lasers bring down his shields and melt the hull of the enterprise. and when my guri meets Data that is so fun. :whip::thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-13-2009, 05:44 PM
The Viper is a joyride studios I am posting a link to buy one on ebay if you want one. I had to dremel out the cockpit enough for my action fleet mini figs to fit in though. The Arc-170 is the revell snap together model. I find the scale is close and it has featuers i like. I just want to find a way to convert it into an action fleet toy. I want to find out if the jedi fighter will work as well but i have not gotten my hands on one as of yet. Thw transport was being built for me by a friend and I still need to work out the interior and the hull plating and then the paint job. any ideas welcome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Silver-Spar-Viper-Series-3-MOC_W0QQitemZ330306409776QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Right, ok, I remember that one now. My local comic shop has a few of the Raiders from that line still, can't get rid of 'em, but they're in horrible shape.

I didn't realize those Revell models were that big.

Your transport cockpit, will it slide in and out of the ship, or stay on the side?

That's a cool custom AF JSF. Weathering isn't to my tastes, but the scale looks so good on that stand, it makes me a little bummed that Hasbro didn't do this one. I mean, what kind of team looks at AOTC and says "hmm, Action Fleet: Dooku's Solar Sailer, or the Jedi Starfighter? Yeah, Solar Sailer, of course." :rolleyes:
Is that custom based on the larger Hasbro figure mold, scaled down and tweaked?

hawkelancer
03-13-2009, 11:20 PM
No I do no know what he based it on. I just know i asked him to make me one and he said he is not sure what his next model will be. He is in the dominican republic or some place like that. I will post the pics of the chiss fighter once i locate them.

The cockpit is stationary. seats 3 and I am thinking about adding a droid socket for R2. I am stumped on how to build the interior. When i get it finished i am planning on posting the completed ship with crew and cargo on starshipmodeler.

hawkelancer
03-16-2009, 10:53 AM
here are the chiss fighter pics i promised.

Darth Duranium
03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Here is a guy who makes custom action fleet ships. This is his jedi starfighter with obi-wan.

I like that this Delta 7's got a removable R2 unit... someone was recently saying that the droid was always built-in.

I keep thinking it's the Finemolds model on an AF stand... but it ain't.

The Chiss fighter used to turn up on eBay sporadically... very nice. The same guys did another TIE variant, but I can't think which one it was. I do remember that they were both pricey.

JediTricks
03-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Wow, that Clawcraft custom is really nice! I didn't realize the wings were so long on the original design, but they are and the custom nails that look.

Cool minifigs too.

hawkelancer
03-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Here is my first response squadron, Soon to have 2 more e-wings I just picked up on ebay.
Let me know what you think of my six engines and double cockpit ships.

hawkelancer
03-20-2009, 06:08 PM
5 more pics

hawkelancer
03-20-2009, 06:11 PM
3 more to finish the group of pics

Darth Duranium
03-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Nice work, Hawke... interesting ideas there.

hawkelancer
03-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks

I saw some world war 2 craft in the toy section just inspired me but I am not yet sure if i can do it. it will require 3 fuselages, like the black widow from wwII. some wings and i do not know what else yet. any ideas, any body want to make one? i figure the ship would be fast with shields and armor equal to a shuttle so it can take alot of punishment. i am stilling trying to decide on how many engines and the placement. next i would have to find 3 of my x-wings to sacrifice for this design.

clone157
03-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Great work, Hawke! Most impressive. Have you guys seen the Mechanical Chain Bases from Kotobukiya? These things are great for any AF, Gundam, Evangelion, etc. dioramas. They are interlocking bases with one wall and other small scale set pieces. Since there's holes all over, pluging in the support girders, light poles, or crane pieces is easy. Here's some pics with my Viper.

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 11:02 PM
The single-cockpit 6-engine really speaks to me, it plays well with the thicker fuselage of the AF X-wing. I'm not sure I get the double-cockpit one, but I do like the longer fuselage there as that's an aspect I always felt Galoob didn't do their finest work on.

I wonder if there is any concept art that could fuel more ideas. I haven't looked through the concept art books I have here in a while, I should poke through.

That's a very cool display base, I hadn't seen that before. I have a ton of MSIA Gundam figs that could use some context like that. Here's a link to more images guys: http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYMB-10

hawkelancer
03-26-2009, 08:45 PM
ok I juat got 2 more ewings from ebay. I will be sending one to a friend of mine which means i will end up with 3 of them. on saturday I will take the pictures of my flight and post them on here.

3 E-wings
2 modified X-wings
1 T-wing
2 Star Vipers (Virago)
1 unmodified x-wing
2 vipers
1 modified tie interceptor i also got an ebay long ago.

12 total

JediTricks
03-27-2009, 02:43 AM
I'm sorry, I just fainted at the idea of getting "2 more e-wings from ebay". :p You have no idea the hell I went through to get my only production model (I also got a test-shot from the head designer at Galoob during a contest).

hawkelancer
03-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Here is the agressor squadron, i decided to add the 4th e-wing even though I am sending it to a friend in texas. But here are the photos.

hawkelancer
03-28-2009, 07:12 PM
and the final 3 pics.

clone157
03-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Did you hear that JT? That was my jaw hitting the floor.

JediTricks
04-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah, pretty awesome stuff, haven't seen that level of AF chopping in a decade at least. Plus, there's the whole "multiple E-wings and TIE Defenders" thing.

hawkelancer
04-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I plan on obtaining several more e-wings and I want 3 more ti-defenders. I am also going to add some more joyride studio's vipers to the mix. I would also like very much to see some of the other action fleet mods you guys have made. please feel free to share them. also if you have picked out certain figures for a crew of a ship introduce them and lets see some ideas.

Hawke:bandit:

hawkelancer
04-16-2009, 09:56 PM
well my daughter stepped on my t- wing today and I have glued it back together. I am going to have to mix up some more putty and fill in the cracks and then paint over it to make it look like a patch job. I guess i just want the little t-wing to earn its place with battle scars.

JediTricks
04-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Ugh, that's harsh.

hawkelancer
05-14-2009, 08:39 AM
I was away for awhile but I am back and will be working on a new custom soon to be posted.

hawkelancer
06-30-2009, 05:30 PM
OK so i have started with the t-wing beginnings for a new fighter and I am thinking of making some changes to the design. I think i want to be able to have the droid socket and move the placement of the engines and add 1 or 2 more engines to the little ship. then i will need to work with the placement of the guns.

hawkelancer
12-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Hello world I have returned. i just got another Tie defender on ebay and I am looking for more customs. if you have any customs you might want to put up for sale let me know. i really want to enlarge my collection with custom figures and ships. i never completed the transport, seems it got lost in a move. perhaps i can recreate it. if you have made a ship of similar size or larger i would love to see it. Has anyone created a shelf Hangar. I saw one years ago and can no longer find traces of it on the internet.