PDA

View Full Version : 2007's Transformers for the Wii is unnecessarily difficult

Tycho
03-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Basically the camera is Wii remote controlled. It automatically shifts around the camera point of view while you're trying to fight.

It's so frustrating. I bought the game "used" and as such there is a 7 day money-back return priviledge at Game Stop. (A used game is already open, so...)

I'm going to try and get a handle on controlling BumbleBee today and if I can't, it's going back. Too bad, too.

The game is probably a lot of fun on the XBox or PS3.

NerfTW
03-06-2009, 01:56 PM
The game is probably a lot of fun on the XBox or PS3.

According to most reviews, no, no it is not.

Tycho
03-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Darn. I played it on the PS3 in a Best Buy store demonstration and it was pretty fun. I only made it so far as to unlock Jazz, but thought that was cool.

I like the idea of being able to turn into a car and race around town blowing up things.

I could be quite destructive in real life if I knew for certain I was going to get away with it.

As a destructive Autobot I got the police after me, then Sector-7, and then the military!

It was hard to control Blackout when playing as a Decepticon as I had to constantly move back from incoming aircraft so I could get a target lock in order to take them out before they got too many shots into me.

figrin bran
03-06-2009, 10:44 PM
No, it's not fun on the Xbox360 either.

Tycho
03-07-2009, 02:12 AM
I found in the options a way to de-sensitize the camera shifting.

This should make my next trial a better experience.

Tycho
03-09-2009, 08:36 PM
It didn't get any better. I returned Transformers to Game Stop today and got my money back.

Perhaps it plays better on the PS3 or X-Box360?

figrin bran
03-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Umm, no, how many times do I have to say that it doesn't? :p

Have you started playing the Wii Clone Wars lightsaber game yet?

Tycho
03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Have you started playing the Wii Clone Wars lightsaber game yet?

Not really. The Lego Star Wars Complete Saga is really entertaining me and I am driven to complete that game and then no doubt screw around with it and challenge myself to completing the mini-kits.

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Tycho is mistaken, he did play Clone Wars, back on Feb 10th, I was there. We had fun despite it being a little rudimentary and him expecting a 100% different game, and he REALLY wanted more characters in it. I suggested TFN for Wii, as I hear it has just that.

NerfTW
03-10-2009, 10:52 PM
So I shouldn't take it off my Gamefly queue, where it's been languishing for the last year? I'm going to need something to replace Fallout 3, I've had it since before Christmas, and I feel like making my girlfriend cry when she realizes it's no longer here.

(That, and I'm sick of the screaming, followed by thirty seconds of sustained gunfire every time she sees a super mutant.)

figrin bran
03-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Tycho is mistaken, he did play Clone Wars, back on Feb 10th, I was there. We had fun despite it being a little rudimentary and him expecting a 100% different game, and he REALLY wanted more characters in it. I suggested TFN for Wii, as I hear it has just that.

Tycho, with games being as expensive as they are, feel free to ask any of us before purchasing them. I haven't bought Street Fighter 4 yet because I'm waiting to hear/read other people's opinion of it.

I tried out CW at the sibling's place and didn't like it as much as I thought I would. You can't slack and hash wildly because it doesn't always register and so it ends up being very methodical and dull. It got to the point where I played as Ahsoka because I felt that Anakin's and Obi Wan's slashes were too slow.

JediTricks
03-11-2009, 01:14 AM
I suggested he read reviews on sites like wii.ign.com for more rounded information. He thought the game was an adventure game, not a fighter. To be honest, he was just excited to get a SW game that worked with the Wii, didn't look at the back.

I hear TFU's version is more refined and the CW version is based off of it.