PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Comic Con 2009 and SirStevesGuide get-together

Tycho
03-07-2009, 11:14 AM
I just bought my 4-day pass plus sneak preview night (free with 4-day pass).

I'm really looking forward to being able to attend Comic Con in good health for the first time in 3 years. Last time, I could only go for 2 days because I had dialysis on Wed (sneak preview night) and Friday (Star Wars Day).

I enjoyed getting to hang out with Figrin Bran, El Chuxter, JediTricks, SirSteve, Deoxy, and more, plus meeting CrunchyNug at Wal-Mart for the Clone Wars Midnight Madness.

Plus my favorite part of last year's Comic Con was hanging out and chatting with Hasbro's Star Wars Team. Darryl, Brian, Mark, and "exclusives" Brian are always really cool.

This year I hope to be able to get into some Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles event or Smallville one, not to mention anything cool they might do for Star Trek and Transformers.

Meanwhile, I recommend waiting until they publish the schedule for each days' events before we try and set up the annual SirStevesGuide Comic Con picnic.

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 08:30 PM
We may have to do dinner on Wed or Thurs this time, last year's lunch didn't work right due to shifting schedules of everybody, and Steve having sched conflicts from the other shooter not showing up (he fell down a flight of stairs on his way to the airport).

I just realized I said "we" when I'm still not sure if I'm going, it depends on whether I can steal that room from you again, T.

I always wait until they publish the con sched before making those decisions, I make up a calendar with all the stuff I may want to see in order of wanting to see it (it's color coded), and then find the open spots and try to fit it in there.

Tycho
03-08-2009, 01:10 PM
My invite list is kind of long for Comic Con this year.

I don't know who is going to respond "yes," but my list includes:

BobaFrett if he can make it (not looking like it at this point)

Karl, the former owner of the old comic shop I used to get my Star Wars issues at: he and his wife had to move to Idaho for economic reasons and his shop closed. I think his finances might be tough for him to pull off San Diego, as he's substitute teaching right now, and he might have classes to attend as part of his getting his credentials to becoming a full-time teacher. But he and his wife might still be able to come and he was very kind to me for many, many years. So I wanted to do something for him.

A "cheap" hotel during Comic Con might be as much as $90 a night for a single, but typically $200 for a nicer place. Thus I could save someone $1,000 in certain scenerios.

JetsAndHeels, as I've invited him out to San Diego, but during Comic Con he might really have a blast meeting folks from the site and everything.

Kidhuman and his wife Angela - the invite was open a few years ago but he was never able to swing it. When he's ready...

Slicker - who's stayed here before, and in the unlikely event he can pull off leave-time from the Navy at exactly the time of Comic Con.

SirSteve - as always, just in case he needs help swinging all the conventions he covers and a free room makes it easier. This time, should he stay, he should get a real bed and not the couch. But he was a gentleman and gave the bed up for my friend Kristel who arrived from Australia at the very last minute in 2006.

JediTricks - who has stayed with me for two years in a row now and is always welcome. I just wanted to offer others a turn if need be. But in most likely scenerios JT, you will get to stay here for another Comic Con.

My friend Halley who is also a friend of JT's and SirSteve's now and has stayed here for the past two Comic Cons as well.

And my appologies to anyone else I may have invited as well, but forgot about in this particular moment.

I have 2 couches I can put people on, and there's the floor (bring a sleeping bag if it will make you feel more comfortable). However, after the stress of both surgeries I'll have undergone by the time of Comic Con - though it might be almost 3 months after the last one - I might want to limit my house guest numbers to 3 or so - that's 2 to each bathroom (the most important thing).

But I also try to never turn a friend away. This year I might though - under the obviously stressful circumstances.

Anyway, the guest bedroom with queen size bed is still available at this point for those "ahead of JediTricks" on the guest list. Otherwise, I think you should plan on staying here, JT. When the time draws nearer, I will see if I can't print a large picture of Michael Bay to hang up in your room.

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Halley has a room reservation with her boyfriend already (in that less-than-savory area south of downtown) but maybe things will fall through, so she might still take the offer.

Anyway, it sounds like I won't be going this year, that's quite a list of people you've invited out, and I can't really afford a hotel this year.

Tycho
03-10-2009, 08:14 PM
I think you missed the point JT: you probably have the room locked down right now:

BobaFrett probably can't make it because of his job

Karl, Probably won't make it because of his classes he's taking.

JetsAndHeels Seems to want to come some other time and just see San Diego and do things outside of another comic convention.

Kidhuman Has said nothing about any plans to come out here as of yet.

Slicker - Who's not likely to get military leave at precisely this time.

SirSteve - Who usually has a hotel and other workers in his crew to cover the non-Star Wars toy licenses.

Halley -who if planning on staying with her boyfriend might be most comfortable in a hotel afterall.

So like I said, you're favored to get the room JT. I just didn't want to let one or two friends always take it away from anybody else. If you want to "confirm now" (that means you register for Comic Con) you can reserve the room as soon as you do.

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't think I can get my press registration yet, they just email me when it's ready for press to re-apply, but I'm already confirmed from last year so it's automatic, I'm confirmed for this year. I'm going if I can find a place to stay. It's just that you have a lot of potential guests on that list, people who are still in the possibly not but maybe category.

Tycho
03-20-2009, 11:54 AM
That's nice. Comic Con 4 day passes have sold out already (it's March 20! and the Con isn't until the end of July - 4 months from now.) Hotels are also being booked up.

From today's paper, indicators are that Saturday Passes may already have sold out and hotels barely have any vacancies left. (http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/mar/20/1m20comic233430-escapism-triumphs-over-bad-economy/?uniontrib)

JediTricks
03-20-2009, 02:13 PM
The speed which those passes sold out is crazy. I guess the con's 40th anniversary is bringing people out.

figrin bran
03-20-2009, 10:01 PM
JT possibly not going? Say it ain't so!

Who would coordinate the luncheon/dinner? Mr. "take 30 min. to pick up Sideshow Aayla even though we were running late to the meeting spot in the park"???

I'll be there Thurs and Fri, btw.

Tycho
03-21-2009, 03:13 AM
I'm pretty sure JT will be staying with me for Comic Con. I was just trying to give others a chance, too. I thought that would only be fair.

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I'm going, my fate has been sealed. :p I think we should try to do the coordination here in this thread, that way we can all have a written say.

FB, how come you don't go Wed or Sat & Sun?

I'm kinda nervous about how fast this sold out, there's been new restrictions placed on press passes, nothing that will affect us here at SSG (we pre-reg well in advance, but there's no on-site press reg anymore most likely), I'm predicting major crowds beyond what we saw last year. I can't wait to see a calendar and start planning what lines to stand in for 3 hours. ;)

Tycho
03-22-2009, 11:57 PM
The darn calendars aren't usually settled and posted until just days before the actual Con - sometimes not even a week if I recall.

I hate that. So I don't want to voice any call for when I'd vote for the SSG get-together until I know my own schedule.

JediTricks
03-23-2009, 12:39 AM
They had prelim calendars up almost a month in advance the last 2 years.

figrin bran
03-23-2009, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I'm going, my fate has been sealed. :p I think we should try to do the coordination here in this thread, that way we can all have a written say.

FB, how come you don't go Wed or Sat & Sun?

I'm kinda nervous about how fast this sold out, there's been new restrictions placed on press passes, nothing that will affect us here at SSG (we pre-reg well in advance, but there's no on-site press reg anymore most likely), I'm predicting major crowds beyond what we saw last year. I can't wait to see a calendar and start planning what lines to stand in for 3 hours. ;)

Well, JT, the 4 day passes selling out kind of forced my hand into picking just a few days. Plus I can't afford a hotel for 4 days and I think 2 days is about all I can take, especially if it's even more crowded than the last 2 years.

Slicker
03-23-2009, 04:26 AM
In case you already couldn't tell I won't be able to go as I'm already back in Japan. I think I missed last years Con by a few weeks which really sucked!! I appreciate the invite extension Josh but maybe in a later year I'll be able to go especially once I get shore duty again.

Darth Cruel
07-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Any info on when the SSG party will be? I would like to try to go this year.

Tycho
07-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Any info on when the SSG party will be? I would like to try to go this year.

Wed night after SP would be convenient.

Lunch Thursday, not before 3pm would be just fine.

Thurs night, after 7:30pm, but not much later would be good.

Saturday would be alright, but I'd need advance-notice as I may not go on Saturday until really late for some evening programming. I believe I have a baseball game anyway.

Sunday after 12 noon or so is fine.

figrin bran
07-15-2009, 09:23 PM
I guess Thursday or Friday lunch would work for me (I'm sure I'll see you all at the Friday SW Hasbro panel). Thurs dinner is a maybe but I plan on going to the Green Lantern First Flight viewing that night.

Tycho
07-16-2009, 05:03 AM
Friday is a bad day for that. Friday being "Star Wars Day" at Comic Con, I trust that BOTH we'll ALL see each other (Hasbro's panel is at 10:30am so everyone has to rise early and probably get in the line outside the convention center at 7:30am *MAJOR groan*) but there are Star Wars events constantly all day long, so I figure while we'll all be sitting together, we'll have time to socialize but not go anywhere out of Room 7 AB (the Star Wars Holonet Room).

10:30 - 11:30 Hasbro Star Wars
11:30 - 12:30 Clone Wars Season 2 sneak preview
12:30 - 1:30 Clone Wars' actors (including my Padres 2nd baseman's wife, Ahsoka)
1/2 hour to grab pizza or hot dog at Convention Center - no time to leave
2:00- 3:00 Star Wars Fate of the Jedi (Del Rey Books)
3:00 - 4:00 SideShow Collectibles Star Wars line-up for Fall / Spring 2010
5:00 - Hall H Lucasfilm Star Wars Spectacular - more Clone Wars, video games, Live Action TV show?
1 1/2 hr to maybe leave and grab something to eat very close by (Tin Fish, Merriot restaurant?)
8:00 BallRoom 20 Star Wars Fan Movie Awards (usually really good)

My San Diego collecting group usually gathers for the Fan Movie Awards and I'll probably see them throughout the day especially for the 5pm Hall H Lucasfilm event where we've usually sat together, though I like to check on SirSteve then too - make sure he still has a pulse and he hasn't croaked yet from all the work he does at Comic Con to make for us having this awesome site to come to. Props to JediTricks as well. He's really been putting an effort into it since he's been going to Con.

Banthaholic
07-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Make sure to take some pics at the Halmark booth, and see if they have any previews of the 2010 line. Plus put in a plug for a Showtrooper for pete's sake. Snow + Christmas = a winner.

Oh and if anyone feels inclined to pick up an extra Comic Con Exclusive ornament set, my tree would love it very much :)

JediTricks
07-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Ok, right now I've checked with Steve, Friday is looking out for him as well. For Thursday, I checked with Steve, I think 1:30 to 2:30 is clear for both of us, but not Tycho. In the evening, I'm free after 5, Tycho after 7:30, and Steve roughly after 6 but we'd need to find someplace with a power connection so he could keep working (once you've done a meal with Steve at a con, you know that he never stops working :p). Figrin Bran is free for the evening until 8pm-ish (I don't know how far in advance he wants to get in line for that one, but that one starts at 8pm).

I'm thinking Thursday evening seems to work best right now as long as we can find someplace to accommodate Steve's computer needs. All thoughts and conflicts, please post, the sooner the better.

Wed night after SP would be convenient.I have dinner plans for then, and I thought you said you were coming with us. Steve flat out refuses right now to do any socializing on Wed night though.

Lunch Thursday, not before 3pm would be just fine.

Thurs night, after 7:30pm, but not much later would be good.I am free between 1:30 and 2:30, but after that I'm not free again until 4:45, anything after that is ok by me (unless any of you guys want to go with me to the Drawn Together panel at 7pm to 8)

Saturday would be alright, but I'd need advance-notice as I may not go on Saturday until really late for some evening programming. I believe I have a baseball game anyway.For me, Saturday evening I kinda want to do evening programming, but if the rest of you guys want to get together then, I'll consider it.

Sunday after 12 noon or so is fine.We could do a second get-together on Sunday, but I don't want that to be our primary, Sunday sucks and Steve won't be there as he has to catch a mid-day flight home. Plus, I wanna do Starship Smackdown at 3pm, that was awesome last year, geek out!

I guess Thursday or Friday lunch would work for me (I'm sure I'll see you all at the Friday SW Hasbro panel). Thurs dinner is a maybe but I plan on going to the Green Lantern First Flight viewing that night.Thursday, are you going to the Transformers panel from 12:30 to 1:30? I am. In '07 it was 30 minutes longer too, bummer it's not this year but less for me to transcribe.

Friday is a bad day for that. Friday being "Star Wars Day" at Comic Con, I trust that BOTH we'll ALL see each other (Hasbro's panel is at 10:30am so everyone has to rise early and probably get in the line outside the convention center at 7:30am *MAJOR groan*) but there are Star Wars events constantly all day long, so I figure while we'll all be sitting together, we'll have time to socialize but not go anywhere out of Room 7 AB (the Star Wars Holonet Room).

10:30 - 11:30 Hasbro Star Wars
11:30 - 12:30 Clone Wars Season 2 sneak preview
12:30 - 1:30 Clone Wars' actors (including my Padres 2nd baseman's wife, Ahsoka)
1/2 hour to grab pizza or hot dog at Convention Center - no time to leave
2:00- 3:00 Star Wars Fate of the Jedi (Del Rey Books)
3:00 - 4:00 SideShow Collectibles Star Wars line-up for Fall / Spring 2010
5:00 - Hall H Lucasfilm Star Wars Spectacular - more Clone Wars, video games, Live Action TV show?
1 1/2 hr to maybe leave and grab something to eat very close by (Tin Fish, Merriot restaurant?)
8:00 BallRoom 20 Star Wars Fan Movie Awards (usually really good)Last year, didn't we get together on Thursday because Friday filled up? I had some time this year on Friday but it's all choppy, and Steve has it even worse, so I think Friday for lunch is going to be rough, maybe after the Spectacular (assuming we don't get skunked again this year) ends we could do dinner. I know a good pizza place in the Gaslight, no seating but we could grab a few pizzas and walk down to the grassy area again.

BTW, last year I convinced Halley, Deoxy, Turbo, and their friend into going to the fan film awards, and it suuuuuuucked!

My San Diego collecting group usually gathers for the Fan Movie Awards and
I'll probably see them throughout the day especially for the 5pm Hall H Lucasfilm event where we've usually sat together, though I like to check on SirSteve then too - make sure he still has a pulse and he hasn't croaked yet... says the guy who FELL ASLEEP during this panel in 2007. ;)

figrin bran
07-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Tycho, you routinely skip Clone Wars episodes to have dinner with friends and yet here you're skipping out on lunch with us for a panel for a show that you barely watch???

JT, I may go to that Transformers panel but it's not a super high priority for me. If I do go, I'll be sure to let you know as I'm still fine tuning my schedule. Sometime around 3 pm I have to go check into my hotel so that'll take a chunk of time away.

El Chuxter
07-17-2009, 12:43 AM
I'll try to meet up with some of you lunatics, but I won't be there until Friday.

Tycho
07-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Tycho, you routinely skip Clone Wars episodes to have dinner with friends and yet here you're skipping out on lunch with us for a panel for a show that you barely watch???

I paid to attend Con for 5 days - and the time I'm spending there already amounts to less than 3 days, so I might as well attend the programming that I like. I'm not going there to shop and I have no plans to stand in line for any exclusives. That's not my thing.

Just call me when you guys are getting together. I'll make it if I can.

I vote for

Thursday at 3pm.
Thursday at 8pm.
Saturday - any time, with at least 2 hour advance notice (I may not even be at the Con)

I suggest getting a Philly cheese steak sandwich from that deli-mart across the street from the Hilton and taking it out for a picnic by the lawn west of the Hilton, or going to The Tin Fish (right by the convention center trolley stop) for close-and-convenient. There are of course more expensive alternatives (with slower service) and the pizza stations inside the convention center (they have hot dogs too). I'm taking 2 "Stackers" cheese & cracker sets (with Caprisons in them) for survival on Friday. I try and eat healthy, but those aren't bad for you (cheese, crackers, turkey slices - in what I buy, and a mostly flavored water drink - with chocolate treat).

Slicker
07-17-2009, 09:41 AM
I vote that one of you guys should fly me off the boat so I can go.

Hopefully I'll be in the states next year for this. I'm up for orders and I'm thinking about going to San Diego.

DarthQuack
07-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Anyone that's going mind picking me up a He-Ro from the MOTUC line?

Tycho
07-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Hopefully I'll be in the states next year for this. I'm up for orders and I'm thinking about going to San Diego.

That will makes things even more fun around here.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-17-2009, 03:53 PM
I know you were all waiting for my post.

Bel-Cam [insert from list of adverbs here] will not be attending this year.

You may choose from the following adverbs to complete the sentence:
a) unfortunately
b) thankfully
c) carelessly
d) selfishly
e) irreparably
f) who-the-blank-cares-ingly
g) listfully

I'm tossing between a and g.

BTW, Banthaholic, I'm still waiting for ANY Hoth character to be made as a Hallmark ornament.

figrin bran
07-18-2009, 02:05 AM
Did anyone else book their hotel rooms through Travel Planners?

Last week, my credit card got hacked with bogus charges and I just had a feeling that their database might have gotten hacked.

Then today I saw this article linked on another site http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/2009/07/17/travel-planners-database-compromised/#comments

When you think about it, they've had tons of credit card numbers since March which can be a potentially disastrous scenario for those of us who booked through them. Make sure you check your credit card balances!

Fortunately, my credit card company noticed the suspicious activity. However in the meantime, I'm waiting for a new card to arrive. And if it's not here by next Wednesday, I'll have to carry a lot of case to the Con which isn't something I'm relishing.

JediTricks
07-18-2009, 02:13 AM
Dang, looks like nobody's schedules are going to mesh this year. We need to work harder to make this all happen.

Slicker can go on unscheduled shore leave. If they ask how that's different from AWOL, distract them with a coin trick and then run.

BCJ once again not at Comic-Con. What the heck dude??? I guess we'll just have to carry a picture of you around while chanting and moaning. Maybe we'll get paid by one of those booths pimping cheap zombie pics to use it in their promotions.

Figgy B, sorry to hear about your card situation, that sucks mightily! I hope it works out for you. If not, at the very least, you can leave your bags in the trunk of my car so you don't have to haul them around.

Tycho
07-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Figgy B, sorry to hear about your card situation, that sucks mightily! I hope it works out for you. If not, at the very least, you can leave your bags in the trunk of my car so you don't have to haul them around.

And you can leave your cash with me so you don't have to haul THAT around :D

But seriously, I'm sorry that this happened to you. I hope things get resolved quickly for you and you don't have any more problems with this.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-18-2009, 09:49 PM
BCJ once again not at Comic-Con. What the heck dude??? I guess we'll just have to carry a picture of you around while chanting and moaning. Maybe we'll get paid by one of those booths pimping cheap zombie pics to use it in their promotions.Sorry. I'll be in Arizona then. And to be honest, I hadn't enjoyed my last two experiences at SDC-C. :( But I hope to maybe make it next year (I have a friend who's been trying to clear his schedule to go, so that might work out).

dr_evazan22
07-19-2009, 12:22 AM
If you guys get a chance, please be sure to get a bunch of pics from the Lucasfilm pavilion. Seems they're having Sith / Imperial and Republic cheerleaders, plus the ladies of the ISO. ... Thanks!

FB, if a new card doesn't make it in time, use travelers checks, or have the card forwarded to a local bank branch (assuming they have a local branch in SD).

JediTricks
07-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Sorry. I'll be in Arizona then. And to be honest, I hadn't enjoyed my last two experiences at SDC-C. :( But I hope to maybe make it next year (I have a friend who's been trying to clear his schedule to go, so that might work out).As someone who lived in Arizona during the summer one year, I can say that, while I've never been to the Grand Canyon, that is the best time to go there... as long as you like heat prostration.

If you guys get a chance, please be sure to get a bunch of pics from the Lucasfilm pavilion. Seems they're having Sith / Imperial and Republic cheerleaders, plus the ladies of the ISO. ... Thanks!I saw that, the timing on it stinks - more counterscheduling - but I'll do what I can.

TheDarthVader
07-20-2009, 02:03 PM
I have already pmed two of you: Jedi Tricks and Figrin Bran. I am trying to get one of you guys to pick me up a 25th anniversary soundwave figure. I would greatly appreciate it. Yall have fun!

Tycho
07-20-2009, 02:59 PM
ATTN: COMIC CON ATTENDEES WHO ARE BASEBALL FANS!!!

I am offering ONE FREE ticket to PetCo Park to see the Padres vs. the Florida Marlins with me on Wednesday, SNEAK PREVIEW NIGHT.

YOU WILL NOT MISS ANYTHING AT COMIC CON. The convention is right across the street and the game will be ending long before Sneak Preview Night begins, and nearly the same time the ticket-pickup tables begin opening for the convention go-ers.

The San Diego Padres have a 2-for-1 ticket deal for this game which starts with the first pitch being at 12:35pm. I will be meeting up with SirSteve and JediTricks after the game, too. Please feel free to join me and annoy them :D

We may eat at the ballgame (lunch) and then have an early dinner with some of the SSG crew before we're let in to Comic Con (or after Sneak Preview Night). They do have good restaurant-quality food at the baseball stadium. Many great San Diego dinning locations have kitchen outlets directly within PetCo Park: Anthony's Sea Food Grotto, Ruby's Diner (Hamburgers), Oggi's Original Pizza, etc.

So anyone want to go to the game with me?

figrin bran
07-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Tycho, I'd take you up on the offer but I won't be there yet on Wednesday.

figrin bran
07-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Tycho, which hotel is our sandwich shop located behind? Was it Hilton Gaslamp?

Banthaholic
07-22-2009, 10:19 PM
If anyone that browses the Hallmark section is up for grabbing an extra free flyer please let me know. You can see it in the middle left hand side of this picture. It features this years line up of Star Wars ornaments.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/starwarsblog/3747244613/in/set-72157621782078894/

Tycho
07-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Tycho, which hotel is our sandwich shop located behind? Was it Hilton Gaslamp?

Yes. Behind / In front of. - I'm not sure which way you'd describe it other than the west corner on the side that's away from the convention center.

Today would be an excellent day to meet up and grab a Philly sandwich and eat out in the park. My only thing I'm really going for is Hasbro Transformers panel at 12:30. After about 1:30 / 15 minutes later, I could be any place local to the Convention Center to meet people.

By the way, I've been asking for:

Leader Classs Blackout / Grindor

Scout Class Arcee

Human Alliance Mudflap w. Simmons, and Human "Compliance" Decepticons Rampage w. Ron Witwicky as prisoner, and Sideways w. Alice (Decepticon human pretender played by Isabel Lucas).

Everyone wants Human Alliance Ironhide w. Mjr. Lennox. They said that would be a specialty pricepoint because Ironhide is bigger.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-27-2009, 12:01 PM
So, did anyone actually meet in real life for this? :rolleyes:

I could've driven from south AZ to San Diego Saturday night, but I decided that to crash into the Convention Center from lack of sleep would've been bad. :zzz:

Tycho
07-27-2009, 04:26 PM
I saw SirSteve, JediTricks, El Chuxter, Figrin Bran from the site. I also looked into a mirror and there Tycho was. He was making faces at me and freaking me out!

figrin bran
07-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Yes. Behind / In front of. - I'm not sure which way you'd describe it other than the west corner on the side that's away from the convention center.

Today would be an excellent day to meet up and grab a Philly sandwich and eat out in the park. My only thing I'm really going for is Hasbro Transformers panel at 12:30. After about 1:30 / 15 minutes later, I could be any place local to the Convention Center to meet people.

By the way, I've been asking for:

Leader Classs Blackout / Grindor

Scout Class Arcee

Human Alliance Mudflap w. Simmons, and Human "Compliance" Decepticons Rampage w. Ron Witwicky as prisoner, and Sideways w. Alice (Decepticon human pretender played by Isabel Lucas).

Everyone wants Human Alliance Ironhide w. Mjr. Lennox. They said that would be a specialty pricepoint because Ironhide is bigger.

Unfortunately, as I left L.A. early Thursday morning last week, I didn't read this until just now. However, I found the sandwich shop. It seems much more crowded and busier than in previous years. Not sure if you guys were there but I actually got lunch from there both days that I was at the convention.

Tycho
07-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Nope. The only time I saw you (Figrin) and Chux at the convention was when we went to the Transformers panel. I put our picture in the 2nd to last page in the Post-a-Picture-of-Yourself thread in gen. disc.

Though he was staying at my place, I barely saw JT most of the convention - while actually AT the convention.

I partied with SirSteve on Saturday night and saw him sporadically during the Con - always at Hasbro.

figrin bran
07-30-2009, 12:26 AM
Well, you didn't see me at the Transformers panel because I wasn't there. :p

I think you meant the Star Wars panel!

Tycho
07-30-2009, 03:24 AM
Well, you didn't see me at the Transformers panel because I wasn't there. :p

I think you meant the Star Wars panel!

Oh - that's right. I fell asleep during that panel. :zzz:

I was really tired. It wasn't Hasbro's fault at all.

JediTricks
08-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Sadly, this year had no SSG feed-along, too many busy schedules.

The majority of folks I ran into this year were for only a few minutes each, everybody was running around doing their own things more this year than ever, and I was certainly no different. Next year, we need to make time.

Unfortunately, as I left L.A. early Thursday morning last week, I didn't read this until just now. However, I found the sandwich shop. It seems much more crowded and busier than in previous years. Not sure if you guys were there but I actually got lunch from there both days that I was at the convention.It's all about timing. On Friday, the line was moderate and the wait for my sandwich a little on the long side because my buddy Henry ordered a double which takes longer. On Saturday, the place was empty and I got my sandwich super fast, had lunch with a stranger who was a cool guy, we talked about the con (he's a 15 year vet, I said "you must actually like comics! :D"). Sunday the line was fairly short, they ran out of french rolls so my Philly was on torta, OMG that thing was huge and good, but they took a LONG time to make it.

Though he was staying at my place, I barely saw JT most of the convention - while actually AT the convention.That's because we got in late every night and this year you actually tried to sleep at normal hours rather than chat until 3am. ;) I spent all Tuesday with you, the beginning of Wednesday where I drove you and David to the game. You drove down with me to the con twice so we talked in the car, we talked over breakfast every morning, and we hung out Sunday afternoon until Monday afternoon. And I had driven down only a month prior to visit you. I think you saw plenty of me. I know, I know, it's never enough of ol' JT. ;)

TeeEye7
08-11-2009, 02:45 AM
Did Deoxy make the Con?

We never hear anything about her! :cry:

Why has she forsaken us?

Heaven forbid she's grown up!

mabudonicus
08-11-2009, 12:14 PM
She makes the odd appearance on perhaps the stupidest website on the internet, so she's still around and online occasionally
:beard: Iso&Baws&topes
Oyes, a wretched hive of dumb and foolery

TeeEye7
08-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm glad it's not tomfoolery! :yes:

JediTricks
08-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Did Deoxy make the Con?

We never hear anything about her! :cry:

Why has she forsaken us?

Heaven forbid she's grown up!
She did make it to the con on I think Friday and Saturday, I saw her briefly Saturday while she was on her way to a panel. But she's given up on Hasbro almost entirely I think, and the rest of her time is eaten up by school and work. Plus she hates you personally I guess. ;)

TeeEye7
08-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Plus she hates you personally I guess. ;)

Ah, truth be known! :shufflesoffwithheaddownintothegloom:

bobafrett
08-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Ah, truth be known! :shufflesoffwithheaddownintothegloom:

Don't be down, I miss her too, as do all the SSger's who got to know her. But somewhere online here, there is a picture of her bra!

El Chuxter
08-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Shoot. Wish I'd known she was there.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm tellin' you; if we all looked like our avatars, no one would miss us. I mean, I can't tell you how many times people come up to me and say, "aren't you that Bell-Curve Jokes moderator guy from Sir Steve's Guide?"

I can't tell you that, because it never occurs.

JediTricks
08-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Your avatar picture is poor quality, as I keep trying to tell you. Folks all the time come up to me and ask me if I'm that old hologram guy who is slack-jawed gaping at stuff.

Tycho
08-12-2009, 03:34 AM
Well I'm an action figure and I think I'm still available at HasbroToyShop.com.

Blue2th
08-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Apparently you had an affair with Winter too.

Had a planet named after you in Star Trek called Tycho IV, where Kirk's fellow crew members from the USS Farragut were sucked dry of their hemoglobin by the Dikironium Cloud Creature.
It was a "sickly sweet" smelling experience as James T. Kirk described it. :ko:

pbarnard
08-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Isn't Tycho also a moon of one of the gas giants?

El Chuxter
08-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Tycho is not a giant, but he is very gassy.

TeeEye7
08-12-2009, 01:39 PM
The Tycho impact crater in one of the most viewable features on the surface of the Moon. It's the big splash at the bottom and slightly left (or South side) of this photo:

[edit]...the bright impact crater above and slightly left of Tycho is the Copernicus impact crater. Both can be seen with the naked eye, but check them out with a telescope or pair of binoculars!

Tycho
08-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Oh I remember that party, Dude!

We opened so many Mouse Droids that evening the Hasbro plastic smell went out of this atmosphere!

And Winter said "hi." She's away right now but she's planning to visit in December for my birthday. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
08-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Both can be seen with the ***** eye, but check them out with a telescope or pair of binoculars!Family-friendly site! :D

Your avatar picture is poor quality, as I keep trying to tell you.It's a scan of a picture I can no longer find; so it's a collector's item. I cannot replace it. :(

TeeEye7
08-15-2009, 03:10 AM
Can I say "nekked"?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2009, 09:30 AM
I think "all natural" or "unenhanced" have no connotations. :rolleyes:

Late clouds have made night viewing (or early morning) uninteresting lately. :upset: