PDA

View Full Version : WALMART exclusive comic packs.....

jedimastergeorge06
03-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Went to walmart today and got the comic two pack xwing guys...cant think of their names but im sure you guys know who im talking about and they had the ewoks and the other comic two pack...the anaminan guy or what ever.. And while i was there i found the new smurf figures...so i got one lol ...i got papa smurf...for old time sake...i had some when i was kid and its cool to see the new toys out ...like the mushroom playsets and figures. Has anybody seen these yet?

bigbarada
03-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I saw the new comic packs today, but didn't know I was supposed to be looking for Smurf figures as well. :p

Anyways, I have a question for anyone who buys the Ewoks pack. Does the Stormtrooper helmet that comes in that set fit the Luke Stormtrooper, Han Stormtrooper, Spacetrooper from wave 5 or is it too big? It looks ten times better than the removable helmets that come with those guys, but I'm worried that it might be too big for regular human figures.

jedimastergeorge06
03-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Lol thats funny!!!! :laugh:
Yeah i saw that today too and i agree...it looks to big for the human figures and it might be but i dont know until i buy it on thursday but im guessing that its only made for the ewok and not human figures but thats just " a certain point of view". Lol

Slicker
03-08-2009, 09:16 PM
I believe that JJL said the helmet is way too big.

bigbarada
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I believe that JJL said the helmet is way too big.

I still wouldn't mind seeing a photo so I can judge for myself.:yes:

Kidhuman
03-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I found these packs about a month ago. I havent tried the helmet on a human figure. I have them packed away right now, so I cant tell ya

Old Fossil
03-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I haven't seen these on the pegs yet. Was hoping to pick up the pilots and the Amanin one, mostly 'cause I'm bored.

Anybody feel they're worth the $13?

Kidhuman
03-08-2009, 10:20 PM
They all are. The Ewoks beause they are 3 figures, so its like 4 bucks a pop. The Pilots are awesome and Amanin is great.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Yes, the stormtrooper helmet is huge compared to the human ones. I put it on one of the troopers to see and it's crazy. It fits pretty snugly over Machook's head, and he's essentially Graak with smaller ears. It looks pretty much like any of the helmets those guys already have, only bigger.

I was surprised when I bought all three and it rang up at $42 after tax. I do really like these figures, though. The Ewoks look great in my Endor setup. The Amanin is bigger than Amanaman and more interesting-looking as well. I'm glad to have Tank even if he is dirty and his outfit is too green. The pilots are really damn awesome as well. They're more "worth it" than some of the comic packs have been. I thought $10 was a super amazing price but $13 is not really all that bad considering what you get for it.

DarkJedi5
03-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Been hitting WMs almost everyother day and no luck. I know some people have had some luck with these but are they trickling out or hitting in numbers (which would mean I just have crappy WMs around)?

bigbarada
03-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Been hitting WMs almost everyother day and no luck. I know some people have had some luck with these but are they trickling out or hitting in numbers (which would mean I just have crappy WMs around)?

At my Wal-Mart, they were put in one of those island displays and not mixed in with the other figures. So you should check those and the endcaps.

Kidhuman
03-09-2009, 06:09 AM

Just the opposite for me than BigB. They are with the regular figures, about 15-18 pegs full of them.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-09-2009, 03:26 PM
these have been sent out weird, as the wal mart i work at have pegs of these things, like half a skid of them . . . while the wal mart 20 minutes away got one case of them in.

pbarnard
03-09-2009, 04:00 PM
I've seen nothing, but a friend in Madison, WI says 1 Walmart nada, and the "east side" one has them clogging everything everywhere.

DarkArtist
03-10-2009, 07:05 PM
picked up these sets about 3 weeks ago. i love the Tank and Amanin set. the ewoks are ok and great for background filler for Endor displays and always welcome for more members of Rogue Squadron.

DarkJedi5
03-10-2009, 09:44 PM
these have been sent out weird, as the wal mart i work at have pegs of these things, like half a skid of them . . . while the wal mart 20 minutes away got one case of them in.

Is it possible to send these store to store? I know that online items can do that but I'm not sure about items that are stocked in one store but not another. Checked again today, still dry....

pbarnard
03-11-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm not seeing why all the people like the Tank figure, the Amanin, ok. It's the head sculpt, something is off for me.

I'm really digging the X-Wing pilots. Only problem there is maybe Ibatism's arms are a bit short. These are the things Hasbro should be making all the time with the comic packs.

The Ewoks are what they are. Maybe only the purple hood needs to be toned down, but the rest fit in decently in an Endor/Ewok display.

JEDIpartner
03-11-2009, 09:50 AM
You know, I never thought I'd be saying this, but they really should've made Tank bigger and buffer like the first waves back in 1995!! I was really disappointed in the fact that he is kinda regular sized. They called him "Tank" because he was supposed to be built like one!! LOL

Old Fossil
03-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Finally saw a mass of these yesterday. The pilots look superb, and the Amanin set seems nicely done. Will probably get both of them.

The Ewoks set just looks cheap. May be the coloring. I'll pass on it.

pbarnard
03-11-2009, 11:09 AM
The Ewoks set just looks cheap. May be the coloring. I'll pass on it.

It's the coloring. All have wrist, ankle, shoulder (lateral and rotatational), ball jointed heads, hips have "normal" articulation. Basically same articulation as Chief Chirpa (Ketch I think has the knife), etc.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2009, 12:31 PM
It's the coloring. All have wrist, ankle, shoulder (lateral and rotatational), ball jointed heads, hips have "normal" articulation. Basically same articulation as Chief Chirpa (Ketch I think has the knife), etc.
Keoulkeech and Machook have the Graak body, and it seems to me that their ears have been modified (Keoulkeech has pointy ears and Machook has smaller ones). Kettch is the Romba mold. Keoulkeech has the Graak hood, but the strap and pouch are gone. The others have the Romba hood.

For what it's worth, I put these guys in my Endor diorama and they look great there. Kettch's hood is the only thing that's really garish, but it's not so bad.

sebillba
03-11-2009, 12:55 PM
The only new set I wanted was the ewoks... I was worried they might come out again later in realistic colours, but when I looked them up, it seems only one of them (Machook) was actually in ROTJ, and his hood is the least garish... the other two are comic characters, so unlikely to be redone. I've not seen any new comic packs in store for ages... still waiting for the Dark Empire/Heir to the Empire packs to show up, so I decided to just get the 'woks from ebay.

It's weird, I used to hate ewoks, and hoped Hasbro would never make as many as the vintage line, but now I can't get enough of the little furballs! I've seen a few pics of the new ones over at RS, and they look great... someone put all the stormtrooper parts on the orange one, and it looked pretty neat... I think I'll display mine like that, it's got to look better than that purple hood! lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Ah, I didn't know Machook was in the movie, but he's apparently seen here (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/46/Rombas.jpg), standing next to Romba. The figure's coloring is a little light but it's close enough. Cool!

sebillba
03-11-2009, 02:07 PM
That hood looks quite purple in the pic... maybe the comic colours aren't so far off after all!

tagmac
03-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Found all three of these yesterday and bought them all. Didn't really get a chance to inspect them yet, but the pilots look really cool. I may have second thoughts about the other two and return them, but first I have to really take a look. The color of the ewoks is bugging me a little.

JetsAndHeels
03-12-2009, 04:10 PM
I am still looking for these. Hopefully soon, since the stores around me are starting to actually stock things for a change. :)

DarkArtist
03-13-2009, 12:00 PM
my walmart just got a large supply of these yesterday. the pegs are overflowing with this assortment. i think it's kinda of funny since i was never able to find the previous waves from walmart without having to travel to other towns or states.

Kidhuman
03-13-2009, 01:20 PM
I have been seeing this set more and more lately, so J&H let me know if you need them

TheDarthVader
03-13-2009, 02:11 PM
I might need them too. I have not decided if I want to get all of the sets or none of the sets. I checked two walmarts and they still don't have them! I would like to look at the figures first before I decide. Anyone want to post pics of the ewoks, pilots, and amanaman?

*edit

I looked up some pics...not bad. I am not all that into alien pilots that weren't in the OT so I will pass on those. I like
the ewoks! I like the amanaman. What are the differences with this amanin and the potf2 amanaman. Any differences?

Slicker
03-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Still nothing at my WM's here. I actually wanna see 'em because from what you guys are saying they may be worth buying.

SplFrcsCWO
03-13-2009, 02:52 PM
I only picked up the pilots. The ewok colors looked ridiculous.

DarkJedi5
03-13-2009, 02:57 PM
I have been to three different WMs in the last three days and I have found squat. It's really frustrating. I may go on my lunch today again but I'm beginning to wonder if these will make it to my area. There aren't all that many WMs in the first place.

JetsAndHeels
03-13-2009, 04:07 PM
I have been seeing this set more and more lately, so J&H let me know if you need them

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. For now I think I can still hunt these for a little while longer before I throw in the towel.

clone157
03-13-2009, 04:08 PM
I have been to three different WMs in the last three days and I have found squat. It's really frustrating. I may go on my lunch today again but I'm beginning to wonder if these will make it to my area. There aren't all that many WMs in the first place.

Here in Austin, TX all you see at wal-mart is their exclusive comic packs. I saw Sharad and Ki Adi once , but never again.

Kidhuman
03-13-2009, 05:37 PM
I never saw the Ki Adi packs, you're lucky.

DarkJedi5
03-13-2009, 05:44 PM
I never saw the Ki Adi packs, you're lucky.

Is it even out yet? I thought some one just posted earlier today that they were finally hitting shelves!

Kidhuman
03-13-2009, 06:06 PM
I havent seen them, but the WM here is smothered in the Exclusives and older sets, so I fear they wont be there. Target is my only hope for these

TheDarthVader
03-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I looked up some pics...not bad. I am not all that into alien pilots that weren't in the OT so I will pass on those. I like
the ewoks! I like the amanaman. What are the differences with this amanin and the potf2 amanaman. Any differences?

Damn, my question got pushed to the previous page...i am still wondering about the amanaman figure. I have not see the ki adi set yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Damn, my question got pushed to the previous page...i am still wondering about the amanaman figure. I have not see the ki adi set yet.
The Amanin (technically it should be Amani, since that's the singular form) is awesome. He's about a half-inch bigger than the POTJ Amanaman or so (I haven't measured) and he seems thicker as well. It's not the same character; he has removable necklace things and non-removable things wrapped around his wrists. So it's 100% new and 100% awesome.

TheDarthVader
03-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Thank you MJJL. I think he will be worth getting if I can ever find that comic pack!

bobafrett
03-17-2009, 05:31 AM
I picked up all three sets at my Wal-Mart. Had to pick through a large lot of them as most of the cards were damaged. Looks like the box got smashed that they came in. I was quite impressed with the pilots. The Ewoks looked strange, but I figured they were trying to match the coloring of a comic book, plus they had the Stormtrooper helmet with them.

sebillba
03-17-2009, 06:20 AM
Apparently my ewoks arrived today, so I can't wait to get home from work and release those little critters from their package!

El Chuxter
03-17-2009, 08:12 PM
I wanted the Ewok set simply because it's Ewoks and they are the shiznit. (It still burns that I passed on that overpriced UBP with the one new Ewok last year.) But I was really surprised by these. All three sets looked quite good in person, so I got them all. They're better than any other comic packs Hasbro has put out in a very long time, so it's a shame they're exclusives.

Engineernerd
03-18-2009, 05:54 AM
I have to say I passed on the neon Ewok repaints. Just couldn't do it.

AmanaMatt
03-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I saw and picked up the Amanin set today....considering Hasbro said the only way we would have gotten the original, modern Amanaman is by doing the Collector's choice poll, I consider it ironic they did another, all new version of the species for this set....He is HUGE and towers over Amanaman....paint job is no where near as good, but for $13 for the two figs, not too shabby

Ewok set looks like hasbro forgot to paint them - they almost look like proto type colors were chosen...

Tycho
03-23-2009, 12:08 AM
I just got these through a friend today. I have to say the Wal-Mart sets are really impressive.

Tank and the Amanan look incredibly well-sculpted and with great paint detail, as do Ibatisam and Vakil. I'm impressed.

The Ewoks are rehashes and that is probably not the way to make Keeolkeech, In ROTJ, I thought he came out behind Leia, wearing like "death's" head for a skull hat, and maybe the original comic misrepresented him. But in ROTJ he looked like one tough Ewok, or Red5's character identifier site misnamed Keeolkeech.

Still, they're all pretty useful for dioramas next to the other regular line Ewoks, I think.

bigbarada
03-23-2009, 12:56 AM
The Ewoks set is completely sold out around here, but the alien pilots and Amanin sets are very, very plentiful.... very.

Are Ewoks just that much more popular these days?

AmanaMatt
03-23-2009, 01:53 AM
The Ewoks set is completely sold out around here, but the alien pilots and Amanin sets are very, very plentiful.... very.

Are Ewoks just that much more popular these days?

The alien pilot set is kinda lame, so no surprise that is sitting. The Amanin is my fav, of course, but those ewoks look bad to me...its the paint or lackthereof......well, you do get three and for the same price, it must look like the best deal to the kiddies and parents...

Tycho
03-23-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't know if you read the Rogue Squadron comics back in the late 90's but they were an awesome series. The alien pilots are NOT lame but totally awesome in my opinion.

It's great that they make a lot of non-human Rebel characters, as well.

pbarnard
03-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Totally agree. There's only been 2 Alien Rebel Pilots (and you can argue how many times they've screwed up Ten Nienb too) to date. These two formed a central plot line of the entire X-Wing series, not to mention Nrin was in almost the entire run of the series (think he only wasn't in Rogue Leader which is chonologically first, but published last). Nrin also makes appearances in the Rogue Squadron novel and the Legacy of the Force series.

Locally makes all the difference because here there only thing hanging around is the Sunber/Anamin and Quinlan/Faie sets.

DarkJedi5
03-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Can anyone help me out with the SKU numbers? I've been hunting for these for weeks and none of the local WMs have them so I was going to call around to the less local ones and see if they didn't have them cause there's no way I'm driving 30+ minutes each way on my off day to find out they don't have any....

Ji'dai
03-23-2009, 04:23 PM
I can post the UPCs, but I don't know if WM uses SKUs. The UPCs always appear on my WM receipts.

Keoulkeech, Machook, & Kettch (Ewoks) 653569384267
Ibtisam & Nrin Vakil (alien pilots) 653569384274
Janek Sunber & Amanin 653569384250

JetsAndHeels
03-23-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm still looking for these at WM....I saw a vendor at the Flea Market Saturday with all 3, but I refuse to pay nearly twice the cost for them there.

Lazer Brain
03-24-2009, 03:44 PM
these are all over the place here... even seeing the new luke in 'black tron' outfit.
i could pick them up for who ever needs these, pm me and we can figure it out from there.
later

Mad Slanted Powers
03-24-2009, 07:07 PM
I found these when I went to Mt. Vernon, WA on Saturday. I didn't check the store this week, so I don't know if they have any here.

These are all pretty cool. I've not read the Rogue Squadron comics, but it's cool we have a member of Blue Man Group as an X-Wing pilot.

Tycho
03-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Ibatisam is a lady Mon Calamari, though I have no idea why a fish would logically have mammary glands (boobies).

This seems to be the univerally acceptable way to indicate femininity, especially by any booby-obsessed male who might have sculpted this. However, Ibatisam's body was most likely derived from a different girl's X-wing Pilot body: the Twi'lek for example (from the Rebel Pilots Evolutions set).

DarkJedi5
03-25-2009, 10:29 AM
She was always drawn that way as far as I can remember. Normal human female body with a fish head, big forearms and flipper hands. Evolutionarily speaking it doesn't make much sense.

pbarnard
03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Ibatisam is a lady Mon Calamari, though I have no idea why a fish would logically have mammary glands (boobies).

This seems to be the univerally acceptable way to indicate femininity, especially by any booby-obsessed male who might have sculpted this. However, Ibatisam's body was most likely derived from a different girl's X-wing Pilot body: the Twi'lek for example (from the Rebel Pilots Evolutions set).

She was always drawn that way as far as I can remember. Normal human female body with a fish head, big forearms and flipper hands. Evolutionarily speaking it doesn't make much sense.

The base of her body is correct, but also remember she's being drawn by comic artists who rarely draw females are they actually are. Instead of actual dimorphic differences in cephlopods of size and color, they went and anthropomorphized her. :sleeping:

DarkJedi5
03-25-2009, 11:59 AM
And where's the fun in squid babes with no hooters?

Tycho
03-25-2009, 01:08 PM
And where's the fun in squid babes with no hooters?

I'm sure that's what they were consciously or subconsciously thinking.

I dreamt I accidentally ate a goldfish last night. I don't even want to think about kissing her (Ibatisam).