PDA

View Full Version : Who [listens to] the Watchmen [soundtrack(s)]?

Bel-Cam Jos
03-11-2009, 06:26 PM
I bought the TWO soundtracks to this awesome film; one's the score (instrumental) while the other's the songs featured in it. I like the songs one (weird compilation of some eerie tunes, some cool ones [i haven't heard the Nat-only version of "Unforgetable" in a long time], and overall a great mix tape style), while the score is only so-so IMHO. Thoughts from the others out there?

[edit] Now I'm listening to it, and it's on track #8 "Pruit Igoe & Prophesies," the creepiest song on the whole CD. If I was younger, it'd give me nightmares, I'm sure.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I bought the TWO soundtracks to this awesome film; one's the score (instrumental) while the other's the songs featured in it. I like the songs one (weird compilation of some eerie tunes, some cool ones [i haven't heard the Nat-only version of "Unforgetable" in a long time], and overall a great mix tape style), while the score is only so-so IMHO. Thoughts from the others out there?

[edit] Now I'm listening to it, and it's on track #8 "Pruit Igoe & Prophesies," the creepiest song on the whole CD. If I was younger, it'd give me nightmares, I'm sure.

I yanked these yesterday and i've actually ONLY been listening to the tunes by Philip Glass that you mentioned above. hehehe I've always liked his stuff and i thought using it for the trailer was a stroke of awesomeness, but I was SO. HAPPY. that the film edit of Pruit --> Prophesies was on the soundtrack; I LOVE that track! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
03-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Let's see... a Dylan cover by a band I don't care one whit about, something by Philip Glass that's not The Happy, Non-Offensive, Non-Denominational School Play, and a bunch of stuff I already have elsewhere. Doesn't look bad, but not worth buying if you have everything you'd want.