PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation

jonthejedi
03-13-2009, 04:54 AM
I prebooked the amazing 1/6 scale John Conner from T4 over at Sideshow. $139, I thought, was pretty fair price for Movie Masterpiece series.I have Scar Predator, Kane & Dallas from Alien, Ripley & Hicks from Aliens & Kyle Reese from T1). These are IMO the best 1/6 scale on the market today(see The Joker from The Dark Knight) and worth every penny. The Christian Bale likeness is spot on(and now I can curse back at him)...I just need a T-600 to go with him. The access. are amazing. I also wish I could afford Dutch & Billy from Predator.

AmanaMatt
03-13-2009, 10:48 AM
I ordered it as it does look good - hope they refine the head sculpt just a tad - some shots it looks like bale some not so much

I knew this would be a high price, but the $139 struck me as about $20 than I thought - but he does come with a crap load of stuff

Also, my CC was compromised using Corner Store comics - anyone use them, but check with your cc - mine had 4 fraudlent charges...

jonthejedi
03-13-2009, 01:06 PM
We can always cancel him, too, if McG screws up the franchise too bad, and the movie stinks like rotten eggs.

sergiurusu
03-14-2009, 05:00 AM
I think among the best 1/6 figures today remain the Hot Toys T-800 Endoskeletons. They are UNIQUE, amazing craftsmanship, great details and awesome poseability (each finger and toe can be posed separately). I have both Regular and Battle-Damaged Endos, I also have a few other Hot Toys (or Takara, Medicom or SS) figures like Appleseed Deunan, Briareos and Tereus, HT Predator 2 BD and Machiko (and Predator 1 on pre-order) but none come even close to the Endos.

But I agree the new T-600 is really cool as well as John Connor. The T-700 looks like a rusty T-800 and comes without a weapon just with a rock as a stand (exclusive stand). And the T-800 are classic, we don't know what Salvation will bring us...

AmanaMatt
03-14-2009, 03:53 PM
I think among the best 1/6 figures today remain the Hot Toys T-800 Endoskeletons. They are UNIQUE, amazing craftsmanship, great details and awesome poseability (each finger and toe can be posed separately). I have both Regular and Battle-Damaged Endos, I also have a few other Hot Toys (or Takara, Medicom or SS) figures like Appleseed Deunan, Briareos and Tereus, HT Predator 2 BD and Machiko (and Predator 1 on pre-order) but none come even close to the Endos.

But I agree the new T-600 is really cool as well as John Connor. The T-700 looks like a rusty T-800 and comes without a weapon just with a rock as a stand (exclusive stand). And the T-800 are classic, we don't know what Salvation will bring us...

Man, those are awesome. Wish I got them when they hit; now, they are too much on the secondary market...

jonthejedi
03-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I don't have any of the endoskeletons...just Kyle Reese in his Future War gear, and I had to pick him up off ebay several years ago. I def. want that gatling gun endo.

sergiurusu
03-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I don't have any of the endoskeletons...just Kyle Reese in his Future War gear, and I had to pick him up off ebay several years ago. I def. want that gatling gun endo.

Both the regular and battle damaged Endos come with 3 weapons: small silver laser sight pistol (like the one Arnie had in T1), the plasma rifle and the bigger silver chaingun/plasma gattling gun.

When I'm going to dispaly mine I intend to dispaly the regulas Endo with the heavy chain gun and the battle damaged one with 2 plasma rifles - see the following image: http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5531/terminatorendoskeleton0.gif

The newer T-700 comes with no weapon alas...

Tycho
10-19-2010, 09:47 PM
I recently joined you collectors (in buying Hot Toys Terminators) at Comic Con, and have since been on this collection.

Arnold's T-800 from the first movie is pre-ordered now! He looks awesome!

I have:

From T2:

Arnold's T-800 vs. T-1000
T-1000 as Sarah Connor (a better figure than the reg. Sarah) vs. 2nd T-1000.

From T4:

Marcus Wright vs. T-600 (battle worn exclusive with the torn face mask)
John Connor vs. Hydrobot (from Final Battle John Connor)
John Connor Final Battle (awaiting an enemy...*)

------------------------------------------------------------------

*I'd like to get a chrome T-800 EndoSkeleton like Hot Toys released a while ago. I will have to shop the secondary market for it, but my friend and fellow Terminator collector thinks they will re-release the chrome Endoskeleton, perhaps without accessories, representing the first Terminator.

I think they could also pack it with a half-body (legs ripped off) or ship that "accessory / half-figure" with Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn version) from the first movie to make him more "exciting." Or they can do that with Sarah from the first movie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I've heard everyone hates T3, however, the TX makes sense being a figure.

I'd also buy if Hot Toys got the Harley Davidson license to make the 1/6 scale motorcycle. You could make the police bike, too.

Anyway, these are very impressive figures. The Christian Bale likeness is really good!

JonTheJedi: where did you get Kyle Reese from the first movie, from? Oh - he is the Tech-Warrior from the future, right? I really want him "1984."

jonthejedi
10-20-2010, 04:22 AM
I have Robert Patrick T-1000 showing up today from BBTS...can't wait, accessories galore.

Tycho
10-20-2010, 06:25 PM
I have Robert Patrick T-1000 showing up today from BBTS...can't wait, accessories galore.

I hope you like him. He's pretty cool.

I have to say that my favorite figures thus far have been the "T-Salvation" ones though. (I don't have the T-800 Endoskeleton but my friend Justin does.) I think the damaged skin T-600 is incredible and probably my favorite, with Marcus and Final Battle John w. Hydrobot really close behind it.

I have Arnold as the 800 from T2 (my favorite Terminator movie) but I think the new movie stuff really gets appreciated here.

sergiurusu
10-21-2010, 12:59 AM
My small Endo collection :D

jonthejedi
10-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Awesome collection, as always, Serg! Sadly, I don't have any endos in 1/6 scale from Sideshow or Hot Toys except for the damaged skin T-600(which is awesome). I have a 1/4 scale Necca endo I picked up at the T-2-3-D Battle Across Time attraction at Universal Studios in Orlando. I may try to pick one up on the secondary market. I do have Future War Kyle Reese, and I want to buy Sara Conner eventually.

Tycho
10-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Nice collection Serg! I'm loving that middle shelf!

Could you tell us which 1/6 scale Terminators are which? (L to R) or something.

There are at least 2 I really like, kind of on opposite sides. There might be a 3rd but I personally don't care for the pose he's in (kind of arms bunched in I guess) and it might be a poseable figure, thus not really affecting how good the actual toy is.

(Don't fret. My friend and I both have Masterpiece Megatron from Transformers, and I plain suck at posing him but my buddy achieves the coolest looks for the exact same toy. I'm actually trying to get him over to set up that one single Transformer for me :rolleyes: )

sergiurusu
10-22-2010, 02:20 AM
Thanks Jon and Tycho. As you can see I only collect T1 and T2 Endos, so no Arnie, T-1000, Sarah or hunter Killer. Just Endoskeletons :yes:

As for which is which: in the middle row, guarding the Sideshow 1:1 bust there is the Hot Toys Battle Damaged Endo with 2 plasma rifles (1 comes from the regular one), then on the other side of the bust there is the regular HT Endo with gattling and the Aoshima metal Endo. The Aoshima Endo doesn't have the same poseability options like the HT versions so that is why he stays quite stiff, still even if this is an older figure than the HT versions is made of die-cast metal and still quite cool.

Below is a link with a full size photo (1218x1482):

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3374/displayterminator.jpg

Tycho
10-22-2010, 05:12 AM
Serg, I like the regular Hot Toys T-800 Endo (you have posed with the gatling gun) best.

I wish I had that one in my collection for sure!

What's your favorite?

sergiurusu
10-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Serg, I like the regular Hot Toys T-800 Endo (you have posed with the gatling gun) best.

I wish I had that one in my collection for sure!

What's your favorite?

I like both HT Endos especially because they all came with identical weapons as you can see above (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=669454&postcount=7) in the thread, but the Battle Damaged endo has a superb skull base (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=669329&postcount=4):yes:

The funny thing is that I got the HT BD Endo for $89 or so plus shipping from BBTS because the box was not 100% perfect (it has such a small dent on a corner that i first thought there is nothing there, barely observable) and the regular Endo I got from Sideshow directly and costed me a lot due to their huge shipping costs. The Aoshima Endo I got in a deal at Sideshow Freaks for $100 shipped.

jonthejedi
10-23-2010, 05:09 AM
What's the little Endo skull on the middle shelf? It looks like something I picked up from 3D attraction...red eyed skull with T2 logo, maybe from Neca?

sergiurusu
10-23-2010, 05:40 AM
What's the little Endo skull on the middle shelf? It looks like something I picked up from 3D attraction...red eyed skull with T2 logo, maybe from Neca?

Ok to have a list of the endo stuff on my shelves :D

Top shelf:

DC Unlimited Terminator Salvation T-RIP Mini Bust

Playmates T-R.I.P (in the back)

NECA arm from an Endo my cousin had

MicroMachines Endo

HCG 1:2 Endo bust Combat (light-up eyes and removable CPU chip)

Universal Studios Endoskeleton bust (middle front)

MicroMachines Endoskeleton playset (middle back)

HCG 1:2 Endo bust Regular (light-up eyes and removable CPU chip)

NECA Endo

Vintage Kenner Endo

Middle Shelf:

HCG 1:4 Endo mini-bust with case and light-up eyes

Legends in 3-D Endoskeleton bust (the bigger one in the back)

Horizon Endoskeleton micro-bust

Hot Toys 1:6 Battle Damaged Endo with 2 plasma rifles (a rifle is from the regular) and skull base (with light-up eyes)

Sideshow 1:1 Endoskull Combat bust with light-up eyes and removable CPU chip

Hot Toys 1:6 Endo Regular with Vulcan M134 Gattling gun and 2 custom skulls (with light-up eyes)

Aoshima 1:6 metal Endoskeleton with plasma rifle

Lower shelf:

Russ Replicas 1:1 damaged CPU Chip and flask holder with case

Russ Replicas 1:1 regular CPU Chip with holder

HCG 1:1 Endoskull Clean bust with light-up eyes and sound

Grenade prop 1:1

HCG 1:1 Plasma Rifle

Tycho
10-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Do you think we'll see another 800 Endoskeleton on the market - perhaps from T1?

Or do you think I should pursue getting an Endo (is it T2 that's chrome?) from the secondary / e-tailer market?

I want: (all 1/6 scale)

800 Endo for T4 Cyberdine Final Battle Scene
T1 Kyle (Michael Biehn)
T1 Sarah (factory battle)
T2 1:6 scale Harley-Davidson
T3 TX
T4 Kyle Reese (Anton Yelchin)

sergiurusu
10-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Not sure what to say. HT might re-release an endo with the new Terminator movie, but it is not 100% sure. All I know they sky rocketed in price. I wouldn't mind if they will release a chrome version. If you can get one of the old ones for a good price then go for it. :yes:

Tycho
01-14-2011, 05:39 AM
I just figured I should post in this thread:

My Arnold T-800 from Terminator 1 arrived the other day. He is awesome!

Now I really hope they make Michael Biehn's Kyle Reese to go with him.

Tycho
02-04-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't think I posted since I got my 12" Terminator 1 Arnold figure. I'm very pleased with this one - his outfit, weapons, the tools, and how his head sculpts turned out. Very nice.

sergiurusu
02-05-2011, 04:42 AM
The HT T1 and T2 Arnies and T-1000 are superb. Wish I didn't collect endos only, but cannot change the focus alas.

jonthejedi
02-06-2011, 05:24 AM
Tycho, Hot Toys already did Kyle Reese, albeit the Future War version.

jonthejedi
02-06-2011, 05:39 AM
...he's shown here.

Tycho
02-06-2011, 07:09 PM
...he's shown here.

I wonder if that figure is worth obtaining to customize, wearing 1984 clothing?

I can add a Swatch and those neon bracelets you got from the gumball machines to make him really convincing ;)

jonthejedi
02-07-2011, 04:30 AM
The facial likeness is not as spot on as their current lines have depicted.

Tycho
10-29-2011, 03:03 AM
I won a T-800 Endoskeleton off eBay. Too much money ($420-something). Later I saw a BIN for $399 with FREE s&h. Might've been nice if I had patience. But....

Anyway, I'm looking forward to receiving him.

Now Terminator figures I wish I had:

1984 Kyle Reese in street clothes
1984 Sarah Connor, wounded, in her blue jeans and night club blouse

2018 Kyle Reese in his Resistance-L.A. Branch outfit

I think that's it.

jonthejedi
10-29-2011, 06:16 AM
Great Tycho...I was never able to afford T-800 1/6th scale. I got Arnie from T2, but didn't have the funds for T1. It's pick & choose sometimes with Hot Toys & Sideshow, yuknow?

Tycho
10-29-2011, 01:12 PM
I can't "afford" the endoskeleton either.

To be precise, I just popped off and put it on my credit card and scratched it off my want-list. There's not a whole lot on my want list right now, so I figured why not?

sergiurusu
10-30-2011, 02:15 AM
I won a T-800 Endoskeleton off eBay. Too much money ($420-something). Later I saw a BIN for $399 with FREE s&h. Might've been nice if I had patience. But....

Anyway, I'm looking forward to receiving him.

Now Terminator figures I wish I had:

1984 Kyle Reese in street clothes
1984 Sarah Connor, wounded, in her blue jeans and night club blouse

2018 Kyle Reese in his Resistance-L.A. Branch outfit

I think that's it.

Congrats Tycho, I'm sure you'll love the Endo, it is so detailed that seems unreal. It is also quite fragile so be careful. Is it the Regular or Battle Damaged?

Tycho
10-30-2011, 07:35 PM
It's the "clean" version.

That's fine. I'm going to display it fighting John Final Battle from Salvation - so holding no weapons, etc.

sergiurusu
10-31-2011, 04:27 AM
The clean version is cool too. Congrats again!

Tycho
10-31-2011, 04:43 AM
Are you sure you're thinking of the T-800 and not the T-600?

I have the battle-damaged T-600 with the ripped rubber mask. That's an awesome figure.

This one I just bought is the T-800 (Arnold-type) Endoskeleton. I'm not sure they made different versions. It has electronic light-up eyes and is smaller than the frame for the 600 series.

There was only the prototype of the 800 version in Salvation - it came out of cold storage as Arnold (CGI rendered to make Schwarzeneggar look younger).

sergiurusu
11-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Are you sure you're thinking of the T-800 and not the T-600?

I have the battle-damaged T-600 with the ripped rubber mask. That's an awesome figure.

This one I just bought is the T-800 (Arnold-type) Endoskeleton. I'm not sure they made different versions. It has electronic light-up eyes and is smaller than the frame for the 600 series.

There was only the prototype of the 800 version in Salvation - it came out of cold storage as Arnold (CGI rendered to make Schwarzeneggar look younger).

There are 2 versions of the T-800 Endoskeleton: a regular version and a combat/battle damaged. See the middle row, on the left side of the Sideshow 1:1 Endo bust there is the HT BD Endo and on the right there is the HT regular Endo and Aoshima ;)

Tycho
11-01-2011, 05:47 AM
I wish I could have gotten the battle damaged version. It's much cooler, huh?

sergiurusu
11-02-2011, 03:57 AM
I wish I could have gotten the battle damaged version. It's much cooler, huh?

The BD version has a better base with skulls and the damage is quite neat too. But otherwise they are identical.