PDA

View Full Version : I'm a "St'uncle" (step-uncle)!!!! LOL

JEDIpartner
03-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Despite the fact that I am already an uncle to my partner's 3 nieces and 1 nephew, I became a step-uncle yesterday!! My step-brother, Franklin, and his lovely hippie-dippy wife, Maggie, had their first child! It's a little boy: August Cayce (pronounced "Casey") Malemud, 7lbs 15oz, 19.5" long!

:love:

He was one of those silly sideways babies like me and he kept Mags in labour for 17 hours. They had to use the vacuum thingy on his head to try to get him turned around. I love our little "Hoover Head"!!!

That is all. :)

pbarnard
03-13-2009, 10:03 AM
But are you a wicked step uncle denying them disco access or the good fairy god uncle making benign offers he can't refuse?

JEDIpartner
03-13-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm the silly uncle who gives his step-nephew a ridiculous nickname before he's even a full day old!!! LOL

mtriv73
03-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Congratulations to you and the family! When my son was born, I saw the top of his head about 3 hours before I saw the rest of him. He came out looking like Beldar Conehead. Luckily, within 24 hours everything was moving back to the normal place.

I like the name (not that it matters what anyone but the parents think about it.) We'd been watching a lot of HBO's Rome on DVD when Blaine was born (in August) and Augustus was one of the names we (or at least I) considered. Since he's pale as a vampire, blonde haired, and blue eyed (like me,) I guess it's good we stayed away from Roman names.

JetsAndHeels
03-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Congrats JP!! Enjoy being a step-uncle!! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
03-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Congrats JP. Best of luck to the new parents with the baby and dont spoil him too much. :D

JEDIpartner
03-13-2009, 12:21 PM
I'll let them know the "geek contingent" sends their wishes!! :D

He's gonna be great. I always try to be the fun uncle. I remember what it was like when I was a kid and we had to visit with older relatives. Not so much fun!!! I know exactly what to do and what NOT to do!!! They always meant well, but didn't quite "get it". Fortunately, I'm just a big kid and we always have a blast. :love:

bobafrett
03-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Congrats J.P., being an uncle can be so cool! I'm just not ready to be a grandfather yet.

Ando
03-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Congrats on the new nephew!

Being the fun uncle is so awesome! One of my lifelong dreams comes true everytime I get to take my oldest nephew done the toy aisles.

I have 2 nephews (one is almost 4 years old and the other will be a year old in June) and love having them over. The older one is into Star Wars and has received LOTS of SW gifts from me and the wife and look forward to more nephews (and nieces) some day. They're the reasons that I've been collecting a Clone Army all these years.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I've been a step-uncle for the last 10+ years. It's not the same when you enter into that status post-birth, I guess. Congrats on getting the "new car smell" model! ;)

TeeEye7
03-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Congrats, Jp!

Remember that step-uncles take every step to step lightly when little ones are napping! They also step up to help guide their nephews and nieces through the many steps of life. Step-uncles never step aside from that responsibility. Step-uncles are never afraid to step on toes when helping with their upbringing. Step uncles don't take baby steps when showing their love for their nieces and nephews. Step uncles will take every step possible to be the best step-uncle they can be! Now step to it! :D

Did I overstep my boundaries, Jp?

Bel-Cam Jos
03-14-2009, 10:28 AM
At least it's not a 12-step uncle situation. :tired: :hic:

JEDIpartner
03-15-2009, 09:26 AM
I'll just step around those, thanks!! ;)