PDA

View Full Version : where's GNT?

derek
02-21-2002, 06:32 PM
as big barada pointed out, GNT is no longer the top poster. where did he go? what happened?

Emperor Howdy
02-21-2002, 07:07 PM
I think his counter got reset........GNT, Nelson told me to point and tell you, "Hyaa-ha!". :D

derek
02-21-2002, 07:20 PM
so it only goes to 2500? or did he make sir steve mad?

i've got a car that need it's "post count" reset.:D

SithDroid
02-21-2002, 08:43 PM
I haven't seen him post since his counter got reset. Perhaps I'll stop posting when I reach 2,500 so I can be the top poster.

PloKoon2385
02-21-2002, 10:47 PM
Did his counter really get reset? That's not fair. Too bad he left.....:cry:

derek
02-21-2002, 10:51 PM
he's probably pretty mad. it took a lot of padding to get that high.:D over at rebelscum, he's got over 5000 posts.

PloKoon2385
02-21-2002, 11:38 PM
Hey Sirsteve, can you help him out? Give him his posts back? Anything?!:confused:

JediTricks
02-21-2002, 11:40 PM
He was warned about continued post-padding under risk of a week-long suspension AND a strong risk of being banned since he had been warned over and over and over before, and he replied to those warnings with rudeness and arguments. But even that wasn't what got the situation pushed over the edge - a few days later he was back to post-padding, so instead of a suspension, he got rolled back to zero. Nobody else on the forums has been warned anywhere remotely near as much as GNT, so we decided that instead of just kicking him out, there might be a more fitting way to deal with the whole situation.

... and now you know the rest of the story.

SithDroid
02-21-2002, 11:42 PM
Perhaps that's the only reason he was over here. To be the top poster. I'd be mad too, but to quit posting because your counter got reset, sounds kind of childish. I thought the reason of posting was to discuss SW related material with SW fans, not to see who could respond the most. Of course, I could be wrong, perhaps GNT is just busy, in which case he might start posting again later. I'm only guessing since it has been like two or three days.

PloKoon2385
02-21-2002, 11:46 PM
Oh, thanks Jedi Tricks, I thought that the counters were all set to go back to zero after 2500, that would make me angry. If you did that for a reason, then I have no arguements there.

SithDroid
02-21-2002, 11:46 PM
So I guess he is gone for good then. Well JediTricks, it looks like you are now the top poster and bigbarada has moved to number two. At least you two deserve to be that high since your posts have meaning to them.

GNT
02-22-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
He was warned about continued post-padding under risk of a week-long suspension AND a strong risk of being banned since he had been warned over and over and over before,

From my record warned twice

and he replied to those warnings with rudeness and arguments.

You failed to see the point of the thread I started a couple of weeks ago,You jumped to conclusions with your one sided view,Where I come come from your biased. Is it my fault? Hell No

... and now you know the rest of the story.

I dont believe they do...

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by GNT
You failed to see the point of the thread I started a couple of weeks ago,You jumped to conclusions with your one sided view,Where I come come from your biased. Is it my fault? Hell No

If this is about the "100 days" thread, I agree with GNT. If ANYONE else had started that thread, the idea of padding would never have crossed the mind. Preconceived notions lead to double standards.

If a different thread is being referred to...I'll shut up.:(

2-1B
02-22-2002, 11:09 AM
I liked the 100 days thread! I'm pretty pumped to see this film, and once we hit 100 and counting, the excitement is almost near!

I liked how people were just banging around on different topics, like when people will get in line, who they are seeing it with, what kind of experiences we had with the last movie, etc. :)

PloKoon2385
02-22-2002, 06:45 PM
Hmm.......bad vibes...... hmm......... I agree that if it indeed was post padding, then it is unacceptable, but GNT's arguement sounded reasonable too. And I personally liked the 100 days thread as well, although I never responded. It reminded me that it was 100 days. I would have never known and I would have missed it.:stupid:

GNT
02-22-2002, 08:15 PM
Yes it pretty much started with the 100 Days to go thread,I started that thread (The 1st one was deleted,the 2nd one I believe is still around?) with the intentions of talking about the 100 days to go mark. I believe Sirsteve or Jeditricks thought I was going to be posting every day like the first thread and closed it down and then the argument started,I tried to explain but it was like talking to a brick wall.Maybe they thought that because "AOTC Countdown" in the title,that was for continuity sake like the first thread so in say 200 days from now,I could link back to them and everybody could see what was happening at that point in time.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the thread :)

Lord Malakite
02-22-2002, 08:26 PM
It appears that your posts have been reinstated.

GNT
02-22-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
It appears that your posts have been reinstated.

But the question is why did they reinstate it and how long will it last?

LTBasker
02-22-2002, 10:56 PM
Well if you reach 3000 by the end of the week then the next week you probably won't be seeing them. :D

Beast
02-22-2002, 11:14 PM
Ya know, for someone who's name means Gasgano Never Talked, he sure does talk/post alot. Guess he's making up for his charecter in Episode 1. Kidding, Kidding. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

PloKoon2385
02-23-2002, 01:18 AM
Is THAT what GNT stands for! I never knew......I thought they were your initials or something. And, as far as I can tell, he lost his posts again....... that sucks. He has seven right now!:eek:

2-1B
02-23-2002, 01:28 AM
Wow - a few hours ago his post count was flyin' high, and now he has 7 ?

"Our true enemy has yet to reveal himself" - Silvio Dante as Michael Corleone.

2-1B
02-23-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
Is THAT what GNT stands for!

Well, now it stands for . . . Gasgano Never posTed . . . :confused:

JediTricks
02-23-2002, 01:57 AM
His posts haven't been deleted - I told Steve it'd take me at least a week to weed out all GNT's post-pads and this solution was more appropriate.

As for this 100 days thread, not only was GNT specifically warned after his previous countdown thread was closed to not create any threads like that, but even when he claims it wasn't that type of thread, the thread in question gushed that he'd be making regular updates again - I didn't even need to ask Steve if he thought this was the same thing, Steve had already cut down the thread because he saw what was being said.

If this had been GNT's first or second situation like this, the action taken wouldn't have been anywhere near as severe, but it's totally unfair to ask everybody not to post-pad it while turning a blind eye to one poster after a multitude of warnings going back over the course of a year, especially a forumite who not only refuses to stop, but actually touts his attempts to try to somehow beat the rule so he can continue padding.

BTW, the count thing was from a mass counter update, which is why it's been set back to 7.

PloKoon2385
02-23-2002, 07:47 PM
Ah. Thanks for clarifying again JT. That helped a bunch. I see now. Perhaps you were right... ah heck I am just so confused....... :confused: :crazed: :confused: :D

PloKoon2385
02-23-2002, 10:45 PM
Hey GNT, if you have seen the DVD of Episode I and watched the deleted scenes, you should have noticed that he did say something. Well........maybe a grunt, but nevertheless, he DID say something!

jw_bryant
02-23-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
Hey GNT, if you have seen the DVD of Episode I and watched the deleted scenes, you should have noticed that he did say something. Well........maybe a grunt, but nevertheless, he DID say something!

dont say that, he'd just have to start over with the name GS. :p
i think its stupid that post counts (lack of life meter) mean so much.