PDA

View Full Version : New Minis at Target

Kidhuman
03-13-2009, 07:05 PM
I picked up a V-19 and Grievous Starfighter Lego mini sets at Target earlier this week. They were 3.99 each. Here are some pics. They were in the Easter toy aisle.

JediTricks
03-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Cool finds. Is the tail on the V-19 movable, or stuck in the "up" position?

Kidhuman
03-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Its movable, it falls right to the down position if being held in the air

Bel-Cam Jos
03-14-2009, 10:53 AM
I like these types. Even more when I snag 'em after the holiday for less! :elcheaposkate: :D They're fun (even for adults like, well, me), inexpensive (even before sale prices), and fairly decent in quality. Those cookie jars in the holiday aisle last year were cool, but I have several already, so I passed then. Why no Cookie-Cookie Jar-Jar yet? :rolleyes:

But any "cheap" Lego set is rare these days; will have to check these out. Thanks, kh! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-14-2009, 04:24 PM
It falls? As in, intentionally, right? Not just it flops apart? :p

Kidhuman
03-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Yes intentionally. Its a hinged part. :D

mtriv73
03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
picked 'em up today. Thanks for the heads up. I never would have known they were made otherwise.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-16-2009, 08:21 PM
The same aisle had a stuffed Vader with a candy bag (weird), a plush Clonetrooper basket (okay), and some 100-piece puzzles with either an Obi-Wan or Yoda Galactic Hero figure on top (decent).

LusiferSam
03-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Its movable, it falls right to the down position if being held in the air

That sounds like the clips are too loose. Yet an other slip in quality control?:rolleyes:

I don't know when I might pick these up. I've been spending a lot on Lego recently. So even though these a small, cheap sets I might have to pass of the moment. But then again next time I'm out by Target my will power might just fade.

DarkArtist
03-19-2009, 04:53 PM
picked up 3 of the V-19's (one for me and 2 for my nephews) as well as Grievous's starfighter (haven't put them together though.

saw the plush Vader last year and got one for my goddaughter (her parents are huge Star Wars fans so i couldn't pass it up) and also picked up one for me.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-26-2010, 11:54 AM
I saw one set in the aisle the other day... and I can't recall what ship it was (X-Wing? ARC-170?).

figrin bran
11-26-2010, 12:00 PM
I saw one set in the aisle the other day... and I can't recall what ship it was (X-Wing? ARC-170?).

I've seen only X-wings at two Targets so I assume that's all there is.

DarkArtist
11-30-2010, 01:42 PM
the five below store in Woodbridge had tons of the Republic Shuttle mini set for $3.99 up at the front registers... I bought 3 of these sets last year so I passed but if anyone if looking for them check out the store.

the target by me also had a small firfighter's helicopter set as well as a small police boat up at the front registers... nothing spectacular but a nice stocking stuffer for a Lego fan.:thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-25-2011, 07:55 PM
I bought the AT-ST mini set in the Easter gifts aisle, but waited until Easter to build it. It's pretty nice and cool for a set of 45 pieces. If I were a little kid (chronologically, not mentally... 'cause I still am! :D ), I'd have ignored the eggs and candy and played with this all Sunday!

Jedi_nav
04-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Got my son the AT-ST and at WalMart I found the X-Wing and Tie Fighter for $1. . I then found the Republic Shuttle at Toys R Us. My son loves these things now. He has become a big Lego fan and wants more.