PDA

View Full Version : Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Even though we've already talked about them a bit in the Toy Fair thread, with the new carded pictures on the main page here, I wanted to expand it.

Obi-Wan's face looks fug now. But I like that he has the same hip articulation as the 2008 TAC Vader and Obi-Wan figures. Too bad they still don't have an updated-style TPM/AOTC saber for him.

Beru looks really pretty good.

Owen's beard is too thick but he's otherwise great. I wonder why his shirt is blue on the insert?

Captain Typho proves once again that Hasbro is afraid to paint brown-skinned people brown. I hope there will be a variant.

I'm glad to see the Hoth Trooper get the skirt he needs, but hopefully that version will ship on the card with the U-3PO part.

sebillba
03-17-2009, 05:27 AM
I don't like the soft goods on the Hoth Rebel - it looks cheap, like a piece of sock, and spoils the aesthetic of an otherwise excellent figure. I can understand people not wanting the "skirt" to get in the way of the articulation, but it's not that long - surely a couple of discreet slits in a sculpted skirt would've achieved full articulation.

Really looking forward to finally getting Owen and Beru, though I also wish Owen's beard wasn't so thick. At least Beru's hair is slightly less yellow than the prototype.

AmanaMatt
03-17-2009, 11:04 AM
The paint apps on this wave are AWFUL. What the heck is going wrong with Hasbro and their quality dept...aside from the Rebel trooper, this is turning out to be one FUGLY wave...

LTBasker
03-17-2009, 12:56 PM
So, is Hasbro using fabric more to save money on plastic? Cause it sure doesn't look like it's for pleasing aesthetics, or even functionality...

Snowtrooper
03-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Owen and Beru are looking pretty good, although Owen's cloak looks like it will have the same problems as MF Luke's.

I'm actually liking concept Anakin a little more.

Hoth trooper still looks good even thought the SG looks a little out of place.

I hope they're kidding about AOTC Anakin. The robot appendage is on the wrong arm.

If Obi-Wan has good paint apps, the figure should be the definitive version. But poor paint jobs have ruined good figures in the past.

Typho looks fair skinned but still okay.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-17-2009, 02:43 PM
I hope they're kidding about AOTC Anakin. The robot appendage is on the wrong arm.
The loose photo just has him holding the robot arm. It's a repack of the Evolutions mold so it'll be just fine and dandy. Though that's not the best they can probably do for that costume, it's not bad, and it's nice to see it out again (even though it really shouldn't be in the BD series so much as the GH one, but I suppose it's like the 327th Star Corps Trooper).

Oh, and Tarados Gon's photo is really strange. They clearly put his head on Obi-Wan's body instead of just using a picture of the actual character.

Umbra
03-17-2009, 04:07 PM
What really disappoints me is that this is the KH-47 wave with nearly nothing I want to buy. For one, it makes no sense why both anakin and Obiwan have the head inserted, in all honesty it seems to me people would be more likely to either by both, particularly children, who then get two heads, or neither and remain headless.

I'm also annoyed the only 2 pieces I vaguely want in this wave, concept-ani and the hoth trooper bpoth have the same bloody arm insert ><

HK-47 has been near the top of my want list for years, but hasbro trying to get me to pay 45 for him is BS

TheDarthVader
03-17-2009, 05:37 PM
These aren't good enough. I am passing on this entire wave. The only one I might consider is the soldier.

AmanaMatt
03-17-2009, 06:17 PM
These aren't good enough. I am passing on this entire wave. The only one I might consider is the soldier.

me too. I am not rewarding Hasbro with my money. They need to do much better to get my $

JediTricks
03-17-2009, 06:26 PM
That AOTC Obi-Wan looks terrible. The hair sculpt, the facial paint, the wide torso, the extra wide hips. I hope the production version is better.

Cpt. Typho is boring in any sculpt, apparently.

Look at all those Evo repacks! Another Jango Fett, not well timed, but I'll probably buy it. I want the part it comes with, and no way in hell I'm buying Beru. This BAD is gonna be tough to finish, there's a lot of figures I don't want from this wave.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-17-2009, 08:49 PM
I can't tell if Jango's coloring is any better or not. I doubt it will be changed. Hopefully, on the Coleman Trebor pack version, it will be different.

Too bad they left the Clone Pilot's helmet the same kinda-Captain Jag colors instead of doing Odd Ball or a new design; that would have been an automatic purchase for me. I actually just checked and it's not even Captain Jag; the black line in the middle is too big. But there was a pilot with a similar helmet right behind Odd Ball in the Battle of Coruscant. Sigh. Anyway . . .

The ARC Trooper's coloring is slightly different, but I don't know if it's different enough for me to care. Probably not, as I already have a lot of them.

Snowtrooper
03-17-2009, 08:52 PM
The loose photo just has him holding the robot arm. It's a repack of the Evolutions mold so it'll be just fine and dandy.

You're right. I didn't look at it close enough.

bigbarada
03-17-2009, 09:08 PM
That AOTC Obi-Wan looks terrible. The hair sculpt, the facial paint, the wide torso, the extra wide hips. I hope the production version is better.

He's got some strong 'child-birthing' hips. :D

The Hoth Rebel is looking more and more disappointing as time goes on.

The only figure that I really plan to buy out of all of this is probably Torados Gon and that's only because he's a Klatooinian.

El Chuxter
03-17-2009, 09:10 PM
JT, I'll give you the body for that weird looking droid from Beru if you don't want Jango. I'm passing on most of these, but Beru and Owen WILL be mine. And I have no idea who the droid is, and he looks kinda silly, so I'll probably have more parts to get rid of.

DarkJedi5
03-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Chux are you the only person in the world who never played Knights of the Old Republic? HK-47 is one of the main characters and a pretty interesting one at that.....

El Chuxter
03-18-2009, 01:33 AM
I've never played any game that is exclusive to the XBox because I have no desire to have an XBox. I don't know who Darth Cobra Commander and Darth Skullfacedguy are, either.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-18-2009, 01:51 AM
I've never played any game that is exclusive to the XBox because I have no desire to have an XBox. I don't know who Darth Cobra Commander and Darth Skullfacedguy are, either.

That's too bad. I get the impression you and HK-47 might have similar personalities. You'd probably get a kick out of the character.

pbarnard
03-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Never played it either because it uses d20 Mechanics at it's core. Basically ruined the support for the Star Wars RPG until just recently.

LTBasker
03-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Put my name on the list of non-KOTOR players as well, I prefer my SW games to be FPS. I assume this is why HK-47 looks rather uninteresting to me.

A bit of irony, though, that they include his blaster with Obi-Wan of all people!

DarkJedi5
03-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Wow, and this game really cleaned up a ton of "best game of the year" awards from various sources. HK was even named best original character of the year at the game developer's choice awards. Whatever that is.

Old Fossil
03-19-2009, 11:26 PM
I'll buy Owen and Beru for Mos Eisley background filler, not because they in any meaningful way actually look like young Owen and Beru. They'll make great generic moisture farmers.

The rest... bleh.

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 10:15 PM
JT, I'll give you the body for that weird looking droid from Beru if you don't want Jango. I'm passing on most of these, but Beru and Owen WILL be mine. And I have no idea who the droid is, and he looks kinda silly, so I'll probably have more parts to get rid of.I appreciate that, and will take you up on it and any other parts you want to get rid of. I don't have many extras, but if you're looking for any, LMK.

The droid is a hunter droid from KOTOR. And it's "Darth Trapjaw", not "Darth Skullface". :p I've never played the game, but I like how the droid looks.

El Chuxter
03-23-2009, 03:16 PM
He doesn't look too bad, but Hasbro is going so full-on with these random droids that I don't know and have to buy lots of figures I don't want to get, so I just decided to pass on most of them. I fell into that trap with Marvel Legends, and it's expensive to buy garbage like X23 or Iron Man #3,476,134,713,467,134,647 (Willie Lumpkins-Buster Iron Man) to get a leg for a character, especially when the BAFs get into junk like Onslaught. (Besides, Hasbro's blase response to collectors literally begging for the fifth GIJoe MASS Device set leads me to believe they're just not going to be especially concerned with people missing parts because of shortpacks and army builders.)

I might have to ask for some help with the YVH. That one I would like to get, even if I'm still concerned it'll be a tad undersized given the description in the books. (You gotta love a giant walking arsenal that talks with Lando's voice.)

JetsAndHeels
03-23-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm getting that Jango for sure, the rest I will have to wait and see once they are in stores.

I was excited about getting that Obi Wan, but my enthusiasm has diminished some since.

JediTricks
03-25-2009, 02:29 AM
He doesn't look too bad, but Hasbro is going so full-on with these random droids that I don't know and have to buy lots of figures I don't want to get, so I just decided to pass on most of them. I fell into that trap with Marvel Legends, and it's expensive to buy garbage like X23 or Iron Man #3,476,134,713,467,134,647 (Willie Lumpkins-Buster Iron Man) to get a leg for a character, especially when the BAFs get into junk like Onslaught. (Besides, Hasbro's blase response to collectors literally begging for the fifth GIJoe MASS Device set leads me to believe they're just not going to be especially concerned with people missing parts because of shortpacks and army builders.)

I might have to ask for some help with the YVH. That one I would like to get, even if I'm still concerned it'll be a tad undersized given the description in the books. (You gotta love a giant walking arsenal that talks with Lando's voice.)
At least incomplete parts make sense in the SW universe, and the droids can all be mix-n-matched.

There's a YVH-1 coming out?

Cane_Adiss
03-25-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm honestly not sure if I'll be getting many figures from this wave or not. Owen and Beru look ok, and if I decide I really want figures of them I may as well get them when they show up or never will.

It looks to me like Hasbro's copying the ROTS wave format with this wave. By that I mean putting out a fan demanded "couple" who no doubt will pegwarm (owen/beru, bail/ breha), an obscure Jedi (tarados, stass), a trooper (typho, faie), a collector driven figure that kids may like too (concept anakin, FX-6) and a core character figure (obi-wan, grievous) to carry forward to future waves. All rounded out by repacked "greatest hits" figures that appeal to mostly kids.

To me, both are boring waves overall. As an alien fan, I think this time around I'm only truly excited for Tarados Gon.

DarkJedi5
03-25-2009, 01:59 PM
There's a YVH-1 coming out?

I was sure I'd read that it was confirmed somewhere but now it looks like it's just a widespread rumor. I know that just like the upcoming darktrooper that would be a BaD I'd be very happy to army build. If it actually turns out to be true.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-26-2009, 04:09 PM
I was sure I'd read that it was confirmed somewhere but now it looks like it's just a widespread rumor. I know that just like the upcoming darktrooper that would be a BaD I'd be very happy to army build. If it actually turns out to be true.

A YVH-1 as a BAD will suck!!! As i would army build those! As for the wave, I like the Hoth Trooper, as i'm also a fan of soft goods, so my opnion doesn't count. The Owen and Beru don't look to bad, As for HK-47.... I think it's sad hasbro did this, as this character would have actually sold on his own, and it sucks that a lot of people have to shell out 50 bucks to get a figure they would want, though as someone thats going to buy this wave, the HK is just a bonus to me. (though i didn't like KOTOR games... Ruined star wars video games IMHO)

DarkJedi5
03-26-2009, 04:53 PM
As of right now my buying habits have me buying just about any new figure Hasbro makes and most updates that are significantly better than the figure it is meant to replace. As such, I would purchase this entire wave anyway so like Sincia, the HK is just a bonus figure. Now, I'll be going back to school soon and won't have as much money to spend on toys (stupid textbooks) and will probably have to become far more selective. The next time a wave with two not-very-action figures, an obscure Jedi, a minor character and a main character resculpt rolls around I'll have a hard time swallowing it, no matter what the BaD so I really feel for people in that position.

JediTricks
03-27-2009, 04:09 AM
I was sure I'd read that it was confirmed somewhere but now it looks like it's just a widespread rumor. I know that just like the upcoming darktrooper that would be a BaD I'd be very happy to army build. If it actually turns out to be true.Pretty sure that's just rumor.

The BAF format is not good for army-building, unfortunately. Not that I wouldn't mind having a couple too, but the BAF Darktrooper is the phase 3 armor, which means it's General Mohc.

DarkJedi5
06-03-2009, 05:41 PM
So this wave seems to be more or less in stock at HasbroToyShop and Brian's Toys charged me for my pre-order today. But with the ESB wave still unseen in some areas how long will it be before this wave hits the streets? Good news is, there are no new figures in this wave worth army building.

Qui-Long Gone
06-04-2009, 12:39 PM
The ESB wave hit here, but I haven't seen this wave yet....I'm curious what the plans are for these two waves this summer?

DarkJedi5
06-04-2009, 01:40 PM
There's also the TPM wave due out some time in August/September. At least there's enough time for the AOTC wave to saturate thoroughly before the next wave comes in, unlike what's happening with this wave and the ESB wave.

DarkArtist
06-05-2009, 11:32 AM
I checked out HTS yesterday to see that they had half of the wave in stock but Anakin was sold out and no sign of Obi Wan.

mtriv73
06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
There's also the TPM wave due out some time in August/September. At least there's enough time for the AOTC wave to saturate thoroughly before the next wave comes in, unlike what's happening with this wave and the ESB wave.

I still prefer this to having nothing for months. ESB and AOTC waves should ship till at lease July if the changeover to the new SKU/cardback is in August.

Snowtrooper
06-06-2009, 12:19 PM
I checked out HTS yesterday to see that they had half of the wave in stock but Anakin was sold out and no sign of Obi Wan.

Its listed under Legacy rather than BAD.

JEDIpartner
06-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I just got these from the partial wave I ordered today:

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Oh. My. God. They FINALLY did this one right! Enjoy it! It's got the hip joints like the really well done ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin figures.

Beru - Looks fine-- except for her flesh coloured hair and eyebrows that are too light.

Owen - Would be fine it they hadn't painted the beard so dark or made him look like he's struggling to stay awake. That was a poor paint app on a good figure... again.

Captain Typho - Better than the previous release... and with a removable hat!

Anakin Skywalker (Concept Art) - Fine... except he looks like pot-belly Anakin in the packaging.

Anakin Skywalker (AOTC) - Straight repaint of the Evolutions figure. Slightly more detailed paint apps. Still doesn't look as much like Hayden as it should.

Tarados Gon - It's fine. *shrug* I guess more alien Jedi are better than more human Jedi!

DarkArtist
06-17-2009, 07:44 AM
ordered my set last night from HTS. says a 6/29 ship date so hopefully they should be arriving soon. was surprised to be able to order the whole set. my only grip is going to be with the concept Anakin as I would rather have had Cliegg Lars to complete the Lars family rather then the concept anakin. (don't get me wrong i love concept art but still would rather a wave of concept figures rather then one random inserted figure.)

Mad Slanted Powers
06-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Ordered mine when I ordered the ESB wave, and just got a ship confirm.

mtriv73
06-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Mine shipped today.

tagmac
06-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Just got my shipping notification today as well.

BTW, anyone know when version 2 of the Ugnaught and Hoth Rebel Soldier are shipping?

DarkJedi5
06-17-2009, 01:57 PM
I think I saw in the Q&A that the wave with the ugnaught 2 and hoth trooper 2 will ship after AOTC and before TPM with a few more rereleased figures (Han Stormtrooper, Luke Stormtrooper, Jawa with WED, Spacetrooper, Darth Maul, and Scout trooper). Since TPM is slated for about mid August, I'd expect these to hit in the next month or so. I think they're even going to be the first figs in the new packaging?

Also, I recieved my AOTC wave a few weeks ago from Brian's Toys and this wave is a bit boring. The Obi-Wan is a nice improvement but not a mind blowing new figure, Owen and Beru were very much wanted and appreciated but they aren't cool, concept Anakin is by far my least favorite concept figure Hasbro has made in the last few years, Captain Typho is a necessary upgrade over the previous release but still boring and Tarados Gon is neat but he's just another Jedi now. The BAD is the best of the bunch, heck yes HK-47! Also, when you line up all the basic figures you'll note there is a lot of beige in this wave. Maybe that's why they're so boring.

Lastly, I don't know why Hasbro numbers the rerelease items in this wave like new figures! Since the wave was shipped to me completely I got the evo Anakin, Clone Pilot (from ep 3 not 2, some one explaint that one to me) and ARC Trooper. What I really didn't need was another purple Jango though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2009, 02:18 PM
I think I saw in the Q&A that the wave with the ugnaught 2 and hoth trooper 2 will ship after AOTC and before TPM with a few more rereleased figures (Han Stormtrooper, Luke Stormtrooper, Jawa with WED, Spacetrooper, Darth Maul, and Scout trooper). Since TPM is slated for about mid August, I'd expect these to hit in the next month or so. I think they're even going to be the first figs in the new packaging?

Actually, the Ugnaught, at least, isn't coming until the line switches over to the new look:

HansHideout.blogspot.com: Can you clear up for us when that second Ugnaught sculpt is shipping? We thought he was coming with the Phantom Menace Wave, but the case packs don't list him. Is he delayed until the RotJ wave (or later) or has he been cancelled all together as some are claiming?
Hasbro: The second Ugnaught sculpt is shipping in the Fall red & white line look. We decided to make him a "seventh" new figure in a Fall wave rather than not have him ship.

I assume the Hoth Trooper is the same deal, but I'm not sure. The bearded one is still shipping in an AOTC revision case. And the figures you mentioned are all shipping in the same cases as the TPM figures, according to Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87535H). So it will be a while still before we see the second versions of the Ugnaught and Hoth Trooper.

Lastly, I don't know why Hasbro numbers the rerelease items in this wave like new figures! Since the wave was shipped to me completely I got the evo Anakin, Clone Pilot (from ep 3 not 2, some one explaint that one to me) and ARC Trooper. What I really didn't need was another purple Jango though.
I think they said they were going to number them GH instead of BD, but they screwed up. In the new red and white look, though, there is no GH designation - for instance, in the aforementioned TPM case, even the older and repacked figures get new numbers (Darth Maul is listed on the card as BD05). Also, the repacked figures don't always correspond to the movie or theme of the wave - the ROTS pilot in the AOTC wave is one example, and the Scout Trooper in the TPM wave is another.

DarkJedi5
06-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Also, the repacked figures don't always correspond to the movie or theme of the wave - the ROTS pilot in the AOTC wave is one example, and the Scout Trooper in the TPM wave is another.

Yes, but why? Why not just release them as Saga Legends? Why stick them in the "new" figure line? To me it does make a little more sense when they correspond to the other figures in the wave like the evo Anakin or Jango (ARC Trooper is fine too because as a non movie figure sticking him with AOTC makes the most sense to me) but if Hasbro wants to release the Clone Pilot, why not put him in the SL series? Scout trooper is the same story. Why release it in the "new" line instead of the line designed for old figures?

JediTricks
06-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Yes, but why? Why not just release them as Saga Legends? Why stick them in the "new" figure line? To me it does make a little more sense when they correspond to the other figures in the wave like the evo Anakin or Jango (ARC Trooper is fine too because as a non movie figure sticking him with AOTC makes the most sense to me) but if Hasbro wants to release the Clone Pilot, why not put him in the SL series? Scout trooper is the same story. Why release it in the "new" line instead of the line designed for old figures?
Saga Legends is a different type of assortment, meant to be major characters that kids are very interested in, so neither would fit with that line. But the regular line is designed specifically to refresh from wave to wave to ensure low early numbers are bolstered throughout the line, so it fits within that business model thusly.

DarkJedi5
06-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Saga Legends is a different type of assortment, meant to be major characters that kids are very interested in, so neither would fit with that line. But the regular line is designed specifically to refresh from wave to wave to ensure low early numbers are bolstered throughout the line, so it fits within that business model thusly.

See, I had assumed that by the nature of these figures, they were aimed more at kids than collectors. The ARC, Clone Pilot and Scout trooper all fall into the trooper category they seem very fond of in the Legends line (especially the clones) and Anakin, Jango (which is a figure no collector wants until it's the right color) and Darth Maul are heroes which will sell better with kids than the Saesee Tiins clogging pegs in my area. It just seemed to me that these are figures they would like to put in the SL line but slipped them into the main line instead.

To be honest, the only reason I care is because I was shipped these four figures from Brian's Toys that I don't really want. It's not Hasbro's fault and I don't have a problem with them being rereleased I'm just a little puzzled. Back to JT's point about refreshing the line makes sense and it's why certain figures are carried over outside their initial waves (I assume), so that they have a chance to sell more and recoup the cost of the tooling faster. I guess most of these figures aren't that old but they aren't that recent either. Also, it feels like they're under cutting sales of the evo sets that the Maul and Jango are in by releasing these figures while those evo sets are still pretty widely available.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2009, 08:13 PM
The truth is, the lines between Saga Legends and the Greatest Hits/whatever they're called are pretty blurred, if not altogether nonexistant. The Biker Scout was released in Saga Legends back in 2007, and both the red and yellow ARC Troopers have been released this way over the last year. They just put out what they think will sell. I find it interesting that, when they started doing the Saga Legends type figures a few years ago, it was to attract kids and new collectors and help pay for more completely new figures. Now it seems like repacks have become a much huger part of the line.

If you don't want them, just return them to a Walmart or something. I'm sure someone there would love to buy them, given the chance.

figrin bran
06-17-2009, 10:17 PM
I just got shipping notice from HTS for my AOTC figures so they should be in hand fairly soon.

jonthejedi
06-18-2009, 04:47 AM
They're all back in stock this am at HTS, so I ordered a set. The situation at retail is ridiculous, and Hasbro keeps blaming everyone but themselves for shoddy distro. For you folks in LA not to have found them yet is scary.

pbarnard
06-18-2009, 10:49 AM
They're all back in stock this am at HTS, so I ordered a set. The situation at retail is ridiculous, and Hasbro keeps blaming everyone but themselves for shoddy distro. For you folks in LA not to have found them yet is scary.

:sleeping:This again? So Hasbro runs the distribution for Wal-mart & Target? Once it leaves the ports, it's the store's problems. I've yet to see a Hasbro truck parked at the back of any retailer or out there stocking the shelves.

Hasbro can be blamed for short packing or number of cases/assortments.

jonthejedi
06-18-2009, 03:06 PM
The fact that Hasbro is saying in the latest Q&A forum that the AOTC wave is out...and I've not read one report of anyone finding them at WalMart, K-Mart, Target or TRU(just online at some select etailers) from LA to the east coast speaks volumes, don't you think. I've been collecting heavily since '95, and can't remember a year where several months went by with nothing new.

pbarnard
06-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Yes, it does, about the retailers. Maybe Hasbro tried to do too much in an economic downturn during a traditionally slow period, but they can't make it magically appear on any shelf space.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-18-2009, 03:25 PM
I saw some pictures from some store that released the Turbo Tank, ARC-170, and deluxe figures, and you could see Owen hanging on the pegs, so that's at least something. And what they said was that the ESB wave is now available and the AOTC wave is now available for order, meaning that the stores can get in that wave if they choose to do so and there is space for it.

I still haven't seen the ESB wave in stores aside from repacked figures with U-3PO parts, so it will likely be a long while before I see the AOTC figures. I might just get them online, like I did the ESB wave.

JediTricks
06-18-2009, 04:36 PM
See, I had assumed that by the nature of these figures, they were aimed more at kids than collectors. The ARC, Clone Pilot and Scout trooper all fall into the trooper category they seem very fond of in the Legends line (especially the clones) and Anakin, Jango (which is a figure no collector wants until it's the right color) and Darth Maul are heroes which will sell better with kids than the Saesee Tiins clogging pegs in my area. It just seemed to me that these are figures they would like to put in the SL line but slipped them into the main line instead.Part of that is tooling availability, and part is how major the character is. Not every clone is represented in Saga Legends, only the ones that retailers feel kids dig most, the basic troopers over pilots and such. Saggy Legends already has a Maul in rotation, and it's a basic Maul while this new one is a specialized "topless" version. Anakin is the Ep 2 figure while the SL version is the more recognizable and play-pattern-friendly Ep 3 version. Sassy Tinn has no reason to exist on pegs at all, but Hasbro and their retail partners say the prequel Jedi aliens are popular with kids (why Sassy over Plo is beyond me though) - here though, we're not suffering pegwarming with Sassy. So when something's less battle-ready and more collector-oriented, it goes into the Greatest Hits subline (as "filler" for light cases for new waves, which would otherwise not ship for an extra few months waiting to fill orders of just new product) which refreshes on a shorter scale than SL that fits collector collecting patterns.

To be honest, the only reason I care is because I was shipped these four figures from Brian's Toys that I don't really want. It's not Hasbro's fault and I don't have a problem with them being rereleased I'm just a little puzzled. Back to JT's point about refreshing the line makes sense and it's why certain figures are carried over outside their initial waves (I assume), so that they have a chance to sell more and recoup the cost of the tooling faster. I guess most of these figures aren't that old but they aren't that recent either. Also, it feels like they're under cutting sales of the evo sets that the Maul and Jango are in by releasing these figures while those evo sets are still pretty widely available.It does seem like it, but I think Hasbro's concern is now more about getting collectors the figures they want. Anybody who was gonna buy those Evo sets surely would have done so by now, but for folks who only wanted Maul and not the lesser 2 Darths, or wanted Jango but had a mountain of Bobas already, these will sell through that avenue.

The truth is, the lines between Saga Legends and the Greatest Hits/whatever they're called are pretty blurredI totally disagree. And they're still "Greatest Hits", they're just not going to be labeled as such on the packaging. Saga Legends is stuff that retailers want to see on pegs because their main customers - kids - are interested in those over obscure new guys. SL are kept in rotation for long stretches and have high sell-through so they replenish fast.

GH meanwhile is for more collector-oriented stuff that retailers don't want to see released in kid-focused amounts, pilots and guys like that. It's filler to keep new waves flowing when there's not enough product to round out a case, and it's short-term fluidity allows it to ship requested guys without keeping them around for months at a time.

I've been collecting heavily since '95, and can't remember a year where several months went by with nothing new.Short memory. Everything from '95 to '97 went by with between 4 and 9 months without new figures. Then there was that 6-month gap between Saga '02 and Saga '03, and significant gaps between OTC and ROTS. However, after the fall of POTF2, everything SW from just before the Indiana Jones line last year has been suffering delays and gaps from wave to wave worse than ever - Hasbro's been weak with new releases pretty much the entire TLC line.

DarkArtist
06-19-2009, 07:38 AM
just got my shipping notice that the wave is coming. should be here by Tuesday.

mtriv73
06-19-2009, 10:55 AM
What's up with the crack pipe accessory that comes with Typho seen here (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Basic/47Typho/TLC-2742.jpg) on RS? They're calling it a comlink, but I'm not so sure.

DarkJedi5
06-19-2009, 12:06 PM
What's up with the crack pipe accessory that comes with Typho seen here (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Basic/47Typho/TLC-2742.jpg) on RS? They're calling it a comlink, but I'm not so sure.

I just assumed it was a comlink. I don't remember him using anything that looked like it on film but I haven't watched AOTC in a looong time. I guess I'll have to go and take a look this weekend.

Snowtrooper
06-19-2009, 03:38 PM
My AOTC order from HTS showed up today. I haven't taken anything out of the package yet, but I'm generally pleased with the wave. Concept Anakin and Typho look the most impressive at this point, although that will probably change as I open them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-19-2009, 04:54 PM
I just ordered them all from HasbroToyShop, since they had them all in and I used the 10% discount as opposed to just waiting for them to (never) show up in stores.

Snowtrooper
06-19-2009, 10:12 PM
The way distribution is, you never know. Its hard enough to find the ESB wave at retail. These might never show up. I ordered a set for myself and my brother. We split the shipping and tax, which made it a little more tolerable.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-19-2009, 10:28 PM
I stopped by Wal-Mart today and took a few minutes to rearrange the pegs since the Legends and Clone Wars figures were all mixed in with the regular line figures. I forget how many pegs there were. It was three across and three or four tall. These were for the basic and Legends figures, though the labels on the pegs were mixed. So it wasn't all Legends on one side and BD on the other. A couple pegs over from that was another column of three or four for the Clone Wars figures. After rearranging the figures, there were two pegs full of Clone Wars beyond what they had allowed. There was still a bit of room left for basic and Legends figures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-20-2009, 05:18 PM
The way distribution is, you never know. Its hard enough to find the ESB wave at retail. These might never show up. I ordered a set for myself and my brother. We split the shipping and tax, which made it a little more tolerable.
From HTS, after the SW2009 discount applied, each figure came to about $9 each, shipping included. That's not a whole lot more than what they would be in stores after tax, and then you've got to factor in gas and time and getting frustrated at finding nothing and I think it's more than worth it. The last time I found all-new Legacy Collection figures was back in mid-February with the ANH wave - I got the Clone Wars wave 5 in early May, but still, that's ridiculous.

I stopped by Wal-Mart today and took a few minutes to rearrange the pegs since the Legends and Clone Wars figures were all mixed in with the regular line figures. I forget how many pegs there were. It was three across and three or four tall. These were for the basic and Legends figures, though the labels on the pegs were mixed. So it wasn't all Legends on one side and BD on the other. A couple pegs over from that was another column of three or four for the Clone Wars figures. After rearranging the figures, there were two pegs full of Clone Wars beyond what they had allowed. There was still a bit of room left for basic and Legends figures.
You should check back in a few days and see how they've sold. Pretty much all the figures go fast in my area, except for the select pegwarmers. In the Clone Wars line, IG-86 is not doing well at all, but he's really the only one (maybe a few other Separatist droids, since they keep shipping them like crazy). I remember that a few weeks ago a Walmart near me got in a ton of wave 5 revision 2 cases, with the heroes and a several older army builders. A few days later, many of the heroes were still there, but not a single trooper remained. It was crazy.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-20-2009, 07:38 PM
I usually check just once a week on Saturday. I was there yesterday because I wasn't going to make it there today. It usually isn't worth the effort to drive to the other side of town that often, and traffic is bad after work. So, I shall see what is on the pegs next Saturday.

Tycho
06-20-2009, 08:50 PM
I received my Attack of the Clones figures from Hasbro ToyShop today.

These are great figures that I always wanted for years (like since 2002).

I ordered 5 (want 8 though) Obi-Wan Kenobis (with the super-articulated mullet). This is a great figure. I wished he came with a Jedi robe but I'm sure I have plenty of extra ones I'm not using that I can lend him from other Jedi figures. Some of the paintjobs on his beard are not that great though. I'll watch the stores for figures to exchange for the ones I just got (like maybe only 2 of the 5 need that).

Uncle Owen is perfect and it looks like Joel Edgerton, too.

Aunt Beru is awesome as well and includes her blue milk.

Captain Typho looks like a good figure, but I only ordered 1 of him and I don't think mine was painted that well.

Tarados Gon (the Klatoonian Jedi) looks to be pretty cool, as well.

I did not order the concept Anakin (don't want it) but I think I have all the parts I need to build the HK Droid.

Also, on the cardback, it shows the next figures will be Jango Fett (probably from the Evolutions set), a Clone Pilot, and an ARC Trooper. I guess these are coming before TPM wave?

DarkJedi5
06-21-2009, 01:40 AM
Also, on the cardback, it shows the next figures will be Jango Fett (probably from the Evolutions set), a Clone Pilot, and an ARC Trooper. I guess these are coming before TPM wave?

Already out. I order the one of each wave from Brian's Toys and they included those four figures. They ship with the wave and are numbered in the BaD sequence.

figrin bran
06-21-2009, 01:41 AM
I received my AOTC figures from Hasbro Toy Shop as well.

Some quick thoughts

HK-47 is actually the best figure in this wave. Even if you never played KOTOR and you hate EU, it's still a really great droid to own.

Tarados Gon would be a close second. Obi-Wan isn't bad but I wish they didn't give him pink lipstick like Playmates did for their Star Trek line.

Beru is not as awesome as Tycho says because her eyes should be blue. Way to match the cover insert photo, Hasbro!

Hasbro has been doing this for a long time but it's especially glaring on this wave how they're sculpting the fabric folds around the joints such that you really can only have the joints in one position or else it looks really off.

Tycho
06-21-2009, 03:34 AM
I've debated whether I'm actually going to build HK-47 or not.

I never bought Revan or Malek from 2007 and don't know those characters because I wasn't a video gamer (then anyway).

I am reading the KOTOR comics, and Hasbro indicated that they may very well make Zayne Carrick. If so, maybe HK-47 will become more useful to me?

DarkArtist
06-21-2009, 11:27 AM
just got my shipment yesterday of the AOTC wave and I have to say I'm inpressed. Hasbro really is stepping the bar up on the figures and the shipping was extremely fast. i ordered them on the 16th and got the shipping on Friday and then Saturday morning the mailmen is bringing them to the door.

the concept Anakin is a nice looking figure and HK-47 is cool. i just really wish Hasbro gave us a Cliegg Lars in the wave to complete the Lars family but hopefully he is in the next wave of AOTC figures.

Snowtrooper
06-21-2009, 01:51 PM
I was impressed with their shipping as well this time. My order shipped last Wednesday and it showed up on Friday. Alot of times in the past it took a week for it to show up after the shipping date. The cards were also in decent shape. Maybe they got some people in who actually knew how to package items.

Tycho
06-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes, all my figures arrived mint-on-card (even though I'll eventually be opening them).

I'd say I was satisfied with the paint job quality on all except maybe Captain Typho and some of my Obi-Wan Kenobis.

figrin bran
06-22-2009, 02:15 AM
I've debated whether I'm actually going to build HK-47 or not.

I never bought Revan or Malek from 2007 and don't know those characters because I wasn't a video gamer (then anyway).

I am reading the KOTOR comics, and Hasbro indicated that they may very well make Zayne Carrick. If so, maybe HK-47 will become more useful to me?

I'm sure you could use HK-47 as a background extra droid in your dioramas. ;)

Tycho
06-22-2009, 03:28 AM
According to Wookieepedia, HK-47 ended up deactivated on Mustafar. The planet had some prior Sith history and obviously HK-47 did because the droid was designed by Darth Revan.

Umbra
06-22-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm really depressed they made HK-47 a build a droid rather than a regular carded figure. Budget concerns have forced me to cut back a lot on my figure buying, So i've been focusing more on EU figures than new renditions of previous figures I have. HK-47 is one of my all time favorites but I can't really afford buying the 6 figures i'm not so keen on to complete him. And as hasbro seems to like doing with the BAD waves, the few figures I do want come with repeat parts.

If anyone doesn't want him, i'd be glad to take him off your hands though.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-22-2009, 10:03 PM
This wave arrived from Hasbro today. Overall, a good bunch of figures. They all have plenty of articulation. They all stand fairly well on their own, and even if they don't, they all have peg holes that actually work. Many of them have ankle articulation, and that doesn't result in shallow foot pegs. I did have trouble with Anakin, but tried the right foot and it worked fine.

Obi-Wan seems slightly askew, leaning to his right a bit. Otherwise, a great figure. I'm not a big fan of the hard cape on Anakin, but it is not as bad as other hard capes in the past, and the figure looks pretty good. The bunched up sleeves on Owen limit his elbow movement, and I still don't think the facial likeness is good, but it's still another solid figure. Tarados Gon is the one that I seemed to have the most difficult standing on his own, but it wasn't a problem. No real complaints on the rest. Great to have HK-47. Now we need the rest of the KOTOR crew.

jonthejedi
06-23-2009, 05:06 AM
Received mine yesterday as well. Finally...great shipping & packing on the part of HTS.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-26-2009, 07:09 PM
My HTS order of this wave arrived today. Overall, I really love it!

On my Beru, it seems like she got cut right on her mouth, since part of the plastic is coming off - it looks like a paint chip, only bigger. I might buy one if I ever see it in stores and do a switcheroo, or I might just leave it.

Obi-Wan is pretty much perfect. I wish they'd do that leg articulation on more Jedi, since it makes for some really cool poses.

Owen's face sculpt is great, if not for the too-thick beard.

I'm glad to have this second version of Typho, if he's not too terribly exciting. Still, he appeared in this costume more than the other one, so that's good.

Anakin looks pretty interesting. He'll go well with the other concept figures. I wonder which other ones we're getting this year?

Tarados Gon is pretty cool. His upper body is that of Sora Bulq, so it looks a little wonky, but still does everything I want him to do. The cloth used for his skirt feels a little like silk (I know it's not, but still); I wonder why they chose that way.

HK-47 is a little bigger than all the humans and has some good weathering that I figured they'd leave off.

It looks a little odd to line up all these figures, since then you realize that there's only one alien and the only droid is the build-a-droid. Still, most of these were much-wanted figures on my part.

sebillba
06-27-2009, 09:53 AM
I opened my set today, and was gutted when I lost Typho's comlink - kind of took the shine off my excitement. I'm always really careful that I don't lose these teeny pieces, but this one is held on by a rubber band - as I cut the band, the comlink pinged off and shot across the room. I've searched everywhere, moved all the furniture, etc, but there's no sign of it.

Are Hasbro US any good at replacing lost or missing parts? I know Hasbro UK aren't helpful in the slightest. If anyone can help me out or make any suggestions, I'd be really grateful. Oh and I can't just return it to a store, as I had to buy it online - I don't expect these to show up in stores for many months yet, if at all.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-27-2009, 01:51 PM
You should check back in a few days and see how they've sold. Pretty much all the figures go fast in my area, except for the select pegwarmers. In the Clone Wars line, IG-86 is not doing well at all, but he's really the only one (maybe a few other Separatist droids, since they keep shipping them like crazy). I remember that a few weeks ago a Walmart near me got in a ton of wave 5 revision 2 cases, with the heroes and a several older army builders. A few days later, many of the heroes were still there, but not a single trooper remained. It was crazy.I checked again today. Wal-Mart had a few less Clone Wars figures. I was able to move some of the ones that had overflowed to the regular figure pegs back to the Clone Wars pegs. Still, there was an extra peg full of the Clone Wars. So that was a total of 5 pegs of Clone Wars figures.

As for the other figures, there were 12 pegs to put them, 7 labeled for basic and 5 labeled for legends. One, as mentioned, had been usurped by some Clone Wars figures. There were 8 Yarnas, 5 Obi-Wans (ANH), 4 Brainiacs, 4 Wiosleas, 3 Han Troopers, and 1 each of Space Trooper and Trinto Duaba. That's just over 3 full pegs worth of figures. There were less than 2 pegs of Saga Legends. Saesee Tiin, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Stormtrooper and SBD I think. So, that's a little over 6 pegs full out of 12.

I went to Target, and not much change there, but I saw my first figures on the new card. A couple Saga Legends.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Getting replacement parts is kind of a crapshoot. I tried for months to get Cade Skywalker's lightsabers, and after many, many copies of the same letter, they sent me Darth Talon's saber, which I already had. But before that they'd always been very helpful.

Cane_Adiss
06-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I opened my set today, and was gutted when I lost Typho's comlink - kind of took the shine off my excitement. I'm always really careful that I don't lose these teeny pieces, but this one is held on by a rubber band - as I cut the band, the comlink pinged off and shot across the room. I've searched everywhere, moved all the furniture, etc, but there's no sign of it.

Are Hasbro US any good at replacing lost or missing parts? I know Hasbro UK aren't helpful in the slightest. If anyone can help me out or make any suggestions, I'd be really grateful. Oh and I can't just return it to a store, as I had to buy it online - I don't expect these to show up in stores for many months yet, if at all.

Holy crap the same thing happened to me! Typho's com shot right across the kitchen and i couldn't find it! I have no idea why they would wrap the rubber band around the comlink the way they did. They should have taped it in the tray like a normal accessory. I wasn't too bummed as hes one of the figures from this wave thats goin right into a storage case. Only got him for the droid part.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-27-2009, 02:24 PM
I saw how tiny that thing was and didn't even try to remove it, so I just left it banded to him the way it was.

sebillba
06-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Well, if anyone else is buying Typho mainly for the droid part, or just wants a cheap figure, maybe we can do a deal for the comlink.... I would pay half the price of the figure, just for the comlink (up to about $4, including the cost to ship to me, which shouldn't be much at all). LMK if interested. Thanks!

Umbra
06-29-2009, 01:11 AM
Speaking of droid parts, if anyone has a spare Torso, or either of the arms though particularly the left arm, I'd be interested in trying to work out a trade.

sebillba
07-03-2009, 12:34 PM
My missing Typho comlink has been really bugging me, so today I decided to have one more thorough search, which involved moving every piece of furniture in the room, including every section of a multi-level hi-fi system. And since most of these things haven't been moved for about a year, I had to dust/hoover everywhere. After going through it all with a fine tooth comb for about two hours, I was ready to give up. I put everything back into position, and checked again down all the cracks and crevices in the sofa. Still nothing.

By now, I knew it either had to be somewhere inside the sofa, too deep to reach, or the dog had eaten it. Seeing as there was a small chance of it being the former (and I wasn't prepared to examine what came out of the dog....) I covered the hoover nozzle in a piece of gauzy material, and started cleaning deeper inside the sofa. After a while, this still seemed fruitless, and I was literally about to call it a day, when I saw a tiny speck of red in amongst the fluff and biscuit crumbs caught in my cunning trap.... there it was, that pesky, miniscule piece of plastic!! Really made my day!!! And the lounge has never been cleaner!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Ji'dai
07-03-2009, 01:37 PM
After a while, this still seemed fruitless, and I was literally about to call it a day, when I saw a tiny speck of red in amongst the fluff and biscuit crumbs caught in my cunning trap.... there it was, that pesky, miniscule piece of plastic!! Really made my day!!! And the lounge has never been cleaner!!! :D:D:D:D:D Congrats on tracking the good captain's errant comlink down! I couldn't find one of the legs from the WED Treadwell droid after I opened the figure, but I just assumed it was a packing error. I just sent it back to Hasbro for a replacement the other day.

---

I found most of this wave at WM today at lunch. I didn't see Jango or the ARC Trooper, but it's just as well since I won't be getting them anyway. I did pick up Owen and Beru and passed on all the others. I really dig the HK-47 BAD but just couldn't bring myself to buy the other figs just to get all the droid parts for it.

I was on the fence about Tarados Gon since I thought I could use him as a skiff guard or something, but I figure Hasbro will actually release new sculpts of those guys eventually.

I also was leaning towards getting concept Anakin. I have no idea who these prequel artists are though. Had it been a McQuarrie concept I'd been all over it.

Blue2th
07-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Found this wave today.
I got:

Owen Lars
Beru
Anakin Concept
Obi-Wan
Tarados Gon
Captain Typho

That's enough to build HK-47. Couldn't pass this BAD cause he's from the original Micro Series, and on my wish list of never covered cartoon series characters (realistic style TYVM)

I passed on the Anakin, Jango repeats, Clone Pilot and Arc Trooper. I figured I can get the Pilot later- you know they'll be putting him out again, and the Arc Trooper when they transition to a new BAD.

They really need to do something about that gawd-awful lavender Jango suit. I mean his helmet has the same old blue on it, but the purple suit has to go. Just to be sure is he a repeat of the Evolutions Jango?

Quite a few good ones in here. Some never released befores, like Owen, Beru (younger Beru that is) Anakin Concept, Tarados Gon, not to mention much improved Typho, and a definitive (some say) Obi-Wan.

JediTricks
07-03-2009, 05:55 PM
My missing Typho comlink has been really bugging me, so today I decided to have one more thorough search, which involved moving every piece of furniture in the room, including every section of a multi-level hi-fi system. And since most of these things haven't been moved for about a year, I had to dust/hoover everywhere. After going through it all with a fine tooth comb for about two hours, I was ready to give up. I put everything back into position, and checked again down all the cracks and crevices in the sofa. Still nothing.

By now, I knew it either had to be somewhere inside the sofa, too deep to reach, or the dog had eaten it. Seeing as there was a small chance of it being the former (and I wasn't prepared to examine what came out of the dog....) I covered the hoover nozzle in a piece of gauzy material, and started cleaning deeper inside the sofa. After a while, this still seemed fruitless, and I was literally about to call it a day, when I saw a tiny speck of red in amongst the fluff and biscuit crumbs caught in my cunning trap.... there it was, that pesky, miniscule piece of plastic!! Really made my day!!! And the lounge has never been cleaner!!! :D:D:D:D:DCongrats, very clever little system you worked out! I went through something similar with Luke Jedi's pistol a while back, ended up combing through the vacuum cleaner's waste container, the WHOLE thing, and then into bags of garbage. And I did find it too, so it just takes perseverance!

Mad Slanted Powers
07-03-2009, 06:38 PM
That's enough to build HK-47. Couldn't pass this BAD cause he's from the original Micro Series, and on my wish list of never covered cartoon series characters (realistic style TYVM)HK-47 was from Knights of the Old Republic. Where was he in a cartoon?

sebillba
07-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Congrats, very clever little system you worked out! I went through something similar with Luke Jedi's pistol a while back, ended up combing through the vacuum cleaner's waste container, the WHOLE thing, and then into bags of garbage. And I did find it too, so it just takes perseverance!

Great! Good to know it's not just me that goes to such obsessional lengths over an insignificant plastic accessory! ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-04-2009, 12:59 AM
HK-47 was from Knights of the Old Republic. Where was he in a cartoon?
He was probably getting confused with L8-L9, who is in the TPM wave.

I passed on the Anakin, Jango repeats, Clone Pilot and Arc Trooper. I figured I can get the Pilot later- you know they'll be putting him out again, and the Arc Trooper when they transition to a new BAD.

They really need to do something about that gawd-awful lavender Jango suit. I mean his helmet has the same old blue on it, but the purple suit has to go. Just to be sure is he a repeat of the Evolutions Jango?
The four figures you mentioned were the repacks - Anakin, Jango, and the Clone Pilot were all from Evolutions sets, and the ARC Trooper is from a Target Order 66 set.

Is it just me, or are Obi-Wan's arms too long? He looks a little gorilla-ish.

JetsAndHeels
07-04-2009, 01:02 AM
I found them last night, still bought the Jango with the others....I know its a repack, but I always buy figs of Boba and Jango.

Tycho
07-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Sebillba, that was actually a well-written story that kept me on the edge of my seat. No seriously. I liked reading that story and can relate.

I lost my favorite pair of sunglasses before and when I found out that I didn't lose them but just left them in a jacket pocket, I was so excited, I almost posted about finding my lost treasure here on SSG.

sebillba
07-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Sebillba, that was actually a well-written story that kept me on the edge of my seat. No seriously. I liked reading that story and can relate.

I lost my favorite pair of sunglasses before and when I found out that I didn't lose them but just left them in a jacket pocket, I was so excited, I almost posted about finding my lost treasure here on SSG.

Hey thanks Tycho! I nearly didn't bother posting this, but I had to share it with someone who might just understand. Amazing how something so trivial suddenly seems so vital when you think you won't see it again!

Mad Slanted Powers
07-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I was going to say that you shouldn't give up. It had to be there somewhere.

Blue2th
07-04-2009, 10:51 AM
He was probably getting confused with L8-L9, who is in the TPM wave.

I did. He's red, but not the same. :cross-eye

I have the X-Box KOTOR video game I bought on clearance, still in the wrapper, haven't played it yet. So is the droid in there, or a comic?

Glad I didn't buy the rest of that wave. I knew I'd seen them all before. I wasn't sure about the Arc Trooper or the Pilot.

Tycho
07-05-2009, 02:52 PM
OK, I'm hearing that the Evolutions Anakin from AOTC is also shipping in this case assortment (short hair, not the concept Anakin from E3 which is also in the case). Is this confirmed by anyone? HTS has not offered that E2 Evolutions Anakin that I've seen. I want like 8 of him.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-05-2009, 04:18 PM
You can see on Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87535G1) that AOTC Anakin is shipping in the revision of this case, but I know people have found him already. I have yet to see him myself, though.

Old Fossil
07-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Found this wave at WM this morning, but only bought Owen, Beru, and AOTC Obi-Wan. Haven't opened them yet, though. Saw the AOTC Anakin there as well.

The Larses will make fine background fodder for a "streets of Mos Eisley" diorama.

HK-47 reminds me of the Sentry robots from the movie The Black Hole.

sebillba
07-06-2009, 11:57 AM
HK-47 reminds me of the Sentry robots from the movie The Black Hole.

I had exactly the same thought! I even looked up pics of the sentry robots, and was going to post comparison shots - but they didn't look quite as similar as I remembered. Funny then that you should also be reminded of them.

Old Fossil
07-06-2009, 12:13 PM
I had exactly the same thought! I even looked up pics of the sentry robots, and was going to post comparison shots - but they didn't look quite as similar as I remembered. Funny then that you should also be reminded of them.

Shows our age, maybe?...lol I saw the film on the big screen, back in the day. Made quite an impression.

sebillba
07-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Shows our age, maybe?...lol I saw the film on the big screen, back in the day. Made quite an impression.

Me too! I loved it at the time, and although I still have a certain nostalgic fondness for it, it's not really held up quite as well as SW. As a kid, I played with the figures along with SW figs (and Battlestar Galactica!), and collected them all again not so long ago. Sadly I'm still missing Old B.O.B. and the black sentry robot.

JediTricks
07-06-2009, 05:44 PM
I went to buy AOTC Obi-Wan on HTS today along with the Emperor from the last wave, but their shipping is $7 and I have to pay tax as well, so I said forget it, not that important to me anyway.

Now Hasbro is saying production levels on this wave have been cut and it'll be hard to find. Thanks a bundle.

Old Fossil
07-06-2009, 06:36 PM
I really only bought 'em myself because I'm bored out of my skull with Star Wars collecting right now.

I must say, though: Obi-Wan is a really good figure!

If anyone wants to trade something for the head, gun, torso, and left leg of HK-47, pm me.

Old Fossil
07-06-2009, 06:50 PM
BTW, if anyone is as disappointed in Owen's robe as I am -- it is too bulky to allow him to rest his arms at his side, kind of like Ralphie's brother in A Christmas Story -- it looks super fantastic on the Saga Momaw Nadon.:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
07-06-2009, 08:01 PM
If I can't get Owen and Beru, I would be most grateful if someone will post about a million dollars for my bail.

pbarnard
07-06-2009, 08:21 PM
I just say part of the AtoC wave sitting there yesterday on my GI Joe run. Course, now I couldn't make it the 10 minutes to the store without stoping at the bathroom. Stupid food poisoning.

Snowtrooper
07-06-2009, 08:37 PM
I went to buy AOTC Obi-Wan on HTS today along with the Emperor from the last wave, but their shipping is $7 and I have to pay tax as well, so I said forget it, not that important to me anyway.

Now Hasbro is saying production levels on this wave have been cut and it'll be hard to find. Thanks a bundle.

JT, there is a discount code for HTS. SW2010 which is just basically 10% off. It wont make much of a dent in the shipping and tax unless you order more items though.

Blue2th
07-06-2009, 09:09 PM

Just this wave? Any others?

DarkJedi5
07-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Just this wave? Any others?

Well their answer seems to suggest that all TLC waves will be less plentiful than previous waves and that the AOTC wave will be hardest hit as the last wave before a packaging change (always happens like that). The biggest problem is that there is merchandise ahead of it so even getting the AOTC stuff onto the shelves in your store may be tough.

DarkJedi5
07-08-2009, 11:52 AM

Turns out we were wrong. Hasbro says it's not a comlink at all but a Naboo thremal detonator. Go figure. I still think it looks more like a comlink.

Qui-Long Gone
07-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm conflicted...am I more sad that AOTC wave is being cut down....so I can't find my Obi-Wan, or that that wave only has one figure I want....Obi-Wan....

AmanaMatt
07-09-2009, 06:57 PM
I saw this wave in stores and passed...not a good looking wave....Hasbro is becoming more and more a memory for me.

Old Fossil
07-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Hasbro is becoming more and more a memory for me.

Amen, brother.:sleeping:

Mad Slanted Powers
07-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I thought this was a pretty darn good wave. I didn't have much to complain about it.

JediTricks
07-09-2009, 10:44 PM
JT, there is a discount code for HTS. SW2010 which is just basically 10% off. It wont make much of a dent in the shipping and tax unless you order more items though.Yeah, with 2 figures it took off a whopping buck sixty, but I appreciate the code, I didn't have a working coupon code there at all, it's something I'll definitely keep in mind.

Just this wave? Any others?Just this one, check out the SSG Q&A for the full comment.

pbarnard
07-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Well I broke down and bought the figures for the droid and the Klatoonian Jedi only. So far, I've only cut the window out where the droid parts are. I'm willing to part with any and all if anyone is interested, so if any wants Owen Lars, Beru Whitesun, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Captain Typho, Anakin Skywalker (AotC) and the concept Anakin, LMK.

Remember, no droid, no klatoonian.

jedibear
07-12-2009, 11:12 PM
I think this is a pretty decent wave. It's been interesting to see how the Legacy Collection really has been a "fill-in-the-blanks" series of figures...in fact, the Legacy collection are the only figures I really bother looking at anymore...dropped the CW line several "how-many-different-ways-can we paint/resell the Clones" waves ago...especially with figures being nearly 10 bucks apiece with tax around here...

Saw the wave once at WM but at $8.49 a pop. I couldn't get them all...picked up the Obi-Wan (best figure of the AOTC version yet!), Captain Typho (another in the nice long line of "secondary character" figures that is just superbly done...a removable hat no less!), the Jedi and the ROTS concept Anakin (I always like those concept figures)...

I'll probably pick up the rest if they show up around here again...or I'll wait until they show up on the new cards, as they probably will....

El Chuxter
07-13-2009, 01:28 AM
No worries on my bail. I found Owen and Beru today! I started to get, but passed on, Typho (really, another one?), Tarados (who looks boring, alien Jedi or not), and Concept Anakin ("Hey, if we put that Anakin head on a Vader body and take off the chestplate..."). I was still one piece short on HK-47, as they had no others, and told my wife to convince me I didn't want these three. (It sounds funny, but it helps sometimes for a recovering completist to hear it from someone else.)

Realized after I got out of the store, though, that I should've picked them up for other folks. Sorry, guys. :(

JT, if you still want it, I've got a HK torso for you. You need the random piece that comes with Owen?

bigbarada
07-13-2009, 12:09 PM
I think the only figure I care about from this wave is Torados Gon. Hopefully he won't be too hard to find in my area. If he is, then I might have to ask someone on here for help finding him.

Umbra
07-13-2009, 05:41 PM
No worries on my bail. I found Owen and Beru today! I started to get, but passed on, Typho (really, another one?), Tarados (who looks boring, alien Jedi or not), and Concept Anakin ("Hey, if we put that Anakin head on a Vader body and take off the chestplate..."). I was still one piece short on HK-47, as they had no others, and told my wife to convince me I didn't want these three. (It sounds funny, but it helps sometimes for a recovering completist to hear it from someone else.)

Realized after I got out of the store, though, that I should've picked them up for other folks. Sorry, guys. :(

JT, if you still want it, I've got a HK torso for you. You need the random piece that comes with Owen?

If JT isn't still interested, I would be.

Only place i've seen the new figures is marked up at a local comic shop =/ Thanks to DarkJedi5 though I only need the Torso, and both arms if anyone has spares up for trade.

Qui-Long Gone
07-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Found Kenobi...good figure, I've been wanting this one for a while...can't wait for TPM this fall...then I think I'm done with that character....:thumbsup:

Want the Jango, can't find. :cry:

WTF is up with the Anakin? That evo figure was horrible and now we get it again. Man, sucks to be a Hasbro Skywalker, they rarely get this family even close to being acceptable.... :mad:

3 years ago I would have been geeked about Tarados--I was one a Jedi kick--but now, I'm just crossing my fingers for a descent Solo, DS2 Luke, and a reasonably good Leia...and a Jabba throne! :p

Mad Slanted Powers
07-22-2009, 04:43 PM
WTF is up with the Anakin? That evo figure was horrible and now we get it again. Man, sucks to be a Hasbro Skywalker, they rarely get this family even close to being acceptable.... :mad:If you are referring to the AOTC Anakin from the Evolutions set, that was a pretty good figure.

Droid
07-22-2009, 05:35 PM
I agree. I think the Episode II Evolutions figure is the best Episode II Anakin figure ever made. I wish they would make one of him in a hard plastic Jedi robe of the same quality (I hate the Secret Ceremony figure).

Adam
07-22-2009, 11:45 PM
I can't find much to complain about that Anakin either.. only way to make that one better is improved hip and waist joints as well as ankle joints. Even without them its a great figure, and probably the best Episode 2 Anakin we'll see for awhile.

Tycho
07-23-2009, 09:00 AM
I want 8 of those Anakins for diorama scenes, so if anyone is ordering a case of the AOTC wave with him in it (AOTC Evolutions Anakin Padawan), and want to offer him up, I'll buy. But I'm going to see if HTS will oblige and just get the whole order done.

Qui-Long Gone
07-23-2009, 03:31 PM
You all are killing me....you seriously like that AOTC Anakin fig? Uugh...that face is harrible, wicket harrible.

Now if the argument is that's the best AOTC Anakin figure, sure, but that's like saying cow poo is better than dog poo...both are poo! Or poo-doo on Tatooine.....:yes:

Oh well, to each his own I suppose. :rolleyes:

pbarnard
07-23-2009, 03:47 PM
I want 8 of those Anakins for diorama scenes, so if anyone is ordering a case of the AOTC wave with him in it (AOTC Evolutions Anakin Padawan), and want to offer him up, I'll buy. But I'm going to see if HTS will oblige and just get the whole order done.

I have one available for trade/sale. Everything but the Klatoonian and Obi-Wan are still available from that wave.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-23-2009, 05:02 PM
You all are killing me....you seriously like that AOTC Anakin fig? Uugh...that face is harrible, wicket harrible.

Now if the argument is that's the best AOTC Anakin figure, sure, but that's like saying cow poo is better than dog poo...both are poo! Or poo-doo on Tatooine.....:yes:

Oh well, to each his own I suppose. :rolleyes:I can agree that the face isn't all that great, but otherwise it is a great figure. It has excellent articulation, and a pretty good use of soft goods. The figure seems even better when you consider how unsatisfactory every other AOTC Anakin has been. This figure is on a totally higher level than any of those.

Qui-Long Gone
07-24-2009, 12:16 AM
^Articulation does cover a multitude of sins, but it would be good to get an AOTC Anakin worthy of the efforts they've made with Obi-Wan...basically that character will have a definitive version from every film...I'd like the same TLC visited on the Skywalker clan.

bigbarada
07-24-2009, 11:16 AM

I just picked up an extra Evolutions set off of Ebay recently and I really have no plans for the AOTC Anakin or the ROTS Anakin (I only bought it for the Vader figure). So, if you're interested in either of those, PM me.

I did get my hands on Torados Gon as well, I bought him off Ebay to save myself the frustration of hunting for him. Pretty good figure, for the most part.

Qui-Long Gone
08-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks to DarkJedi I got my Jango figure...I'm not a fan of his helmet, but I found a great solution: the old Saga figure helmet is a perfect fit and looks better to scale!

JediTricks
08-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Ordered the AOTC Obi-Wan figure from HTS, and I'm not entirely impressed. It's an ok figure, but the hip articulation seems unnecessary here and more of a distraction than a help. The head is fair, but the hair is the wrong mulletty length and the inside is unpainted. The old lightsaber is a downer, and there's a hole on his belt for the hilt that the Ep 1 figure comes with. I think the length of the "skirt" is a little short too, but it's hard to tell around those hips, they look too odd. I dunno, it's another case where Ep 2 figures all really sucked before, so even a marginal improvement is better than nothing, but the bar is set so damned low that it still doesn't measure up to the rest of the line.

If you are referring to the AOTC Anakin from the Evolutions set, that was a pretty good figure.Aside from his face and arm articulation.

Qui-Long Gone
08-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Ordered the AOTC Obi-Wan figure from HTS, and I'm not entirely impressed. It's an ok figure, but the hip articulation seems unnecessary here and more of a distraction than a help. The head is fair, but the hair is the wrong mulletty length and the inside is unpainted. The old lightsaber is a downer, and there's a hole on his belt for the hilt that the Ep 1 figure comes with. I think the length of the "skirt" is a little short too, but it's hard to tell around those hips, they look too odd. I dunno, it's another case where Ep 2 figures all really sucked before, so even a marginal improvement is better than nothing, but the bar is set so damned low that it still doesn't measure up to the rest of the line.

It's not a killer figure, but certainly the best AOTC Obi-Wan to date. If the bar had started here....Ep2 figures would have hope!

Aside from his face and arm articulation.
Exactly!

Mad Slanted Powers
08-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Evolutions AOTC Anakin has ball-jointed shoulders and elbows.

GeonosisJedi
08-11-2009, 11:09 PM
I was really dissapointed to hear that Hasbro had to cut down the production on this wave...I was looking foward to it most, as I've always loved Attack of the Clones.

I ordered Tarados Gon and Captain Typho off of HasbroToyShop a few weeks back, and I think both are great figures.

I was excited most to get Tarados Gon. I love the backround Jedi the best. It's a great figure with a great use of soft goods. With this Jedi, Im closer to completing the survivors circle! (Joclad Danva & Roth-Del Masona coming soon!)

I never saw any of this wave at a major retailer (Target, Wal-Mart and Toys R Us never had any traces of them..just Breha, Breha, Breha).

Recently, however, I stumbled upon the Concept Anakin and Obi-Wan at a local RITE-AID! Of all places, I find them at a Pharmacy? They were overpriced at 12.50 a piece, but it was worth it.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

JediTricks
08-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Evolutions AOTC Anakin has ball-jointed shoulders and elbows.The elbows are ugly joints, and the forearm sleeve pieces are cheap-looking sculpts that are bulky and get in the way of poses.

Qui-Long Gone
08-13-2009, 03:28 PM
^ I still don't know why people like that figure?

I always thought the head sculpt on the Tusken Raider ambush was good, but that figure was stuck in the horrible Kung Fu kick pose....I thought the hanger duel body had potential, if not sufficient articulation....

I just don't think we've seen a definitive AOTC Anakin that's worth spending any $$$....just my opinion.;)

Devo
08-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Hmm. My only issue with it was the face and the absence of a lower jaw due to the balljoint neck. I think its pretty good otherwise.

I still don't have this wave, BBTS ran out of the case assortment I wanted and StarActionfigures sold out of the Obi-wan so I've to wait till he comes back in stock to get the entire wave in a case.

One day when I have my dioramas going again (everythings boxed up right now) I'll use the Owen and Beru as doubles for human mos eisley denizens. A diorama building strategy I employed before everything had to be put away was to blend one diorama into another via 'shared figures' - means I don't always have to buy multiples.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Since this has become the de facto "review the Evolutions Anakin figure thread", I'll chime in to say that his soft goods don't really do it for me. They're too bulky on the sides and can sit in bizarre ways. The face is off as well, so they could definitely still improve AOTC Anakin (and give him his much-needed cloak).

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 01:45 AM
Since this has become the de facto "review the Evolutions Anakin figure thread", I'll chime in to say that his soft goods don't really do it for me. They're too bulky on the sides and can sit in bizarre ways. The face is off as well, so they could definitely still improve AOTC Anakin (and give him his much-needed cloak).Fully agreed.

Qui-Long Gone
08-23-2009, 02:18 PM
I'll buy a ROTS updated soft goods Anakin if he comes with a "stabbing Jocasta Nu in the heart" action feature! :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Devo
09-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm very late getting this wave but heres my thoughts despite the fact that by now everyone must be beyond caring:

Obi-wan kenobi: The sculpt is great, the joints are disguised to my satisfaction. However the hip joints are looser than I would like while every other joint is the opposite - too tight. It seems like I'm going to pull his arms and feet off to try to move them.

Other negatives include: the ankle hinges being a different colour as is becoming far too common now. The tunic should be the same colour as the softgoods portion considering that A) both the plastic and SG parts are the one item of clothing and B) the colour of the SG part is in fact the more accurate. Also shouldn't there be another plastic portion coming down over his arse? Oh and hes got a TPM lightsaber for some reason.

All in all - theres a lot of promise in this figure but at the same time theres far too much to complain about. Future reissues better improve.

Owen Lars: Apart from the fact he bears absolutely zero resemblance to the actor and the soft goods robe is predictably awful this is a very good figure. I removed the robe and, as I intended to anyway, will use him as a random Mos Eisley denizen. However if I were a major PT fanatic I'd be disappointed in this figure's lack of likeness and that ridiculous robe.

Beru Whitesun: Again, this doesn't look anything like the actress and the hair is too light - but apart from that its a very good figure. The softgoods here are tolerable, being as they are not puffing out in every direction in complete defiance of gravity like Owen's.

Captain Typho: A fantastic sculpt, no complaints there. However...hes a midget. Here we have again another case of WTF - how is this tiny man a soldier, a head of security? This is almost as absurd a case as the saga hoth rebel. How does this happen? He's the size of a typical female figure.

Tarados Gon: His right arm is too long, and longer than the left. But thats really the only problem I have here. Great figure once you have him in a dramatic lightsaber pose where the arm length isn't noticeable. I just gave the softgoods skirt a bit of trimming to bring it more in line with the plastic part of the tunic. A most welcome addition to the Geonosian arena.

Overall, great sculpts but with some problems.

edit - Aaaaaand I've had the figures for a matter of hours and one of my dogs just ate Typho's hat. Jeez. I hope he had the hat off for most of the scenes in which he wore this outfit because I don't think I'm going to bother buying another one.