PDA

View Full Version : Liam Neeson's wife killed (Natasha Richardson dies in skiing accident)

Tycho
03-18-2009, 08:30 PM
I think the Star Wars sites ought to be acknowledging this a little more and maybe Liam's long forgotten Qui-Gon Jinn, but we never will.

So I think sending our condolenses are in order.

Natasha: may the Force be with you.

Liam: life will continue and you have millions of loyal Star Wars fans who will stand behind you!

Kidhuman
03-18-2009, 08:35 PM
That is sad to hear. I wish him the best in this time of struggle and may she RIP.

Darth Jax
03-18-2009, 10:41 PM
gotta watch out for trees when skiing.

always sad when something like this happens though.

Tycho
03-18-2009, 10:53 PM
They had 2 young boys together, I think one was 12 and the other about 8.

Liam married Natasha in 1994 - thus they were married for 15 years and quite happy together.

I hear he's devastated and now left as a single father.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-18-2009, 11:12 PM
That's a real shame. I had read that she wasn't doing well but I didn't know she was Liam's wife. Hopefully he'll be doing well.

jonthejedi
03-19-2009, 05:23 AM
Very tragic & devestating loss for Liam's family. Our heartfelt prayers go out...

bobafrett
03-19-2009, 07:53 AM
I just read the news. Terrible loss, she was only 45 years old, that is much to young, your just living life at that age.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090319/ap_on_en_mo/obit_natasha_richardson

Bel-Cam Jos
03-19-2009, 09:45 PM
I saw the news item, which at first said it was a serious accident, later it included the phrase "no chance." Sad. Wonder how tough it will be for Liam to think of Taken from now on, based on the film's family-related plot. :(

JediTricks
03-20-2009, 03:57 AM
So awful and utterly tragic. Tycho asked me to write up a news post about it, I'm not too good with writing about death, but I hope I represented the fans ok with it: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=10&p2_articleid=2021

Kidhuman
03-20-2009, 05:45 AM
Good job JT

Blue2th
03-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Good article JT.
This is tragic.
I'll be taking little bumps on the head more seriously now.

Tycho
03-20-2009, 12:45 PM
It was touching what you wrote, JT. Good job. I hope Liam Neeson or even his older son may see it. The boy might even be a Star Wars fan - he's 12 I think. The Clone Wars is tailored to that age group.

I know his dad might not let him see all his movies, but Star Wars and Batman would probably be OK.

I was in my 20's when I lost my parents, and it was difficult for me then, but for a 12 and 8 year old...

Not to mention reports that Liam is not doing so well, and their family did so much, taking Natasha Richardson's lead, and helping HIV victims.

It's so frustrating when fate does this and takes away good people and brings this kind of tragedy to their surviving loved ones.

Blue2th
03-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Yes it is difficult Tycho. Lost me Mum when I was 15. I sympathize.
It really helped to have my favorite toys around to play with and distract me.

Though by then I really wanted to drive. When I did get my permit around that time, all I wanted to do was ski every weekend in the winter.

I've seen some pretty tough spills on the slopes, even had some myself.
I've heard of deaths from people hitting trees or injuries from collisions and wrecks.
All it takes is a tap on the head in the right place and velocity. We are tough but fragile.

JediTricks
03-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Good job JT

Good article JT.
This is tragic.
I'll be taking little bumps on the head more seriously now.

It was touching what you wrote, JT. Good job. I hope Liam Neeson or even his older son may see it. The boy might even be a Star Wars fan - he's 12 I think. The Clone Wars is tailored to that age group.Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

I guess if anything positive can come from this tragedy, it's that people might start taking simple head injuries more seriously from now on.

Their sons are I think 13 and 14.

clone157
03-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Great job JT, it is universally sad that each of our lives can be summed up in a few paragraphs. Mr. Neeson should find some solace in the fact that Mrs. Richardson will always be remembered through her work in film as the vibrant, youthful talent she was. I also feel that he should look to his own work as well to help him get through these hard times. One of my favorite "chick-flicks" is Love Actually. His performance is now hitting exceptionally close to how he may be living in the near future. I hope he finds peace and love again in the future just as his character did in this fine film.:cry:

mark2d2
03-20-2009, 11:30 PM
This is indeed so sad. I know it is "old" news by now, and yet I find that for some reason this is the one news item of the week I can't stop thinking about. My heart goes out to Liam and his boys. And -- of course -- to poor Mrs. Richardson who undoubtedly will now miss out on so very much. Just tragic. Tragic. Life indeed can prove to be so very fleeting.

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Great job JT, it is universally sad that each of our lives can be summed up in a few paragraphs. Mr. Neeson should find some solace in the fact that Mrs. Richardson will always be remembered through her work in film as the vibrant, youthful talent she was. I also feel that he should look to his own work as well to help him get through these hard times. One of my favorite "chick-flicks" is Love Actually. His performance is now hitting exceptionally close to how he may be living in the near future. I hope he finds peace and love again in the future just as his character did in this fine film.:cry:Believe me, it's quite hard to sum up a tale like this in a few scant paragraphs, there's always more that can be put in. But ultimately, when talking about someone who the public is familiar with, one needs to hit the broader notes, those things which the majority of readers will see and understand without further explanation. I think it's the fact that we're all living unique lives which makes obituaries and the like somewhat universal in their brevity, we all know that we have noteworthy things that others cannot fully understand.

You make a nice sentiment, I'm not sure everybody can understand the idea of hoping someone is able to move on with their lives eventually, as an outsider even it's hard to think about the future like that.

Qui-Long Gone
03-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Good job JT

So say we all.

El Chuxter
03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but stories like this and Sonny Bono hitting a tree, or planes full of kids crashing in graveyards on the way to ski trips, or simply the number of broken bones I always saw in friends coming home from skiing as a kid--those are the reasons I have never skiied and will never ski.

Ever.

I'd make love to Roseanne Barr live on the set of American Idol first.

TeeEye7
03-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I'd make love to Roseanne Barr live on the set of American Idol first.

And have your performance reviewed by the judges? :love: