PDA

View Full Version : Custom TS BSG Mineral Ship

Darth Duranium
03-20-2009, 02:15 AM
My little tribute to the "last" BSG... and my last custom for the year (winter's almost over)... a Colonial Mineral Ship a.k.a. the Moviecan ship.

Sorry about the crap pics... the flash washes out the colour... it's really a dark bronze. Oh well... c'est la guerre. You guys get the idea.

This garage kit still has some major alignment and casting issues, but it actually looks surprisingly passable on the shelf with the capital ships, IMHO. I added the engines from a WOTC Nebulon B where there used to be a big hole in the kit...

Anyhoo, comments welcome, as always.

Jones-ing for the series finale tonight...

pbarnard
03-20-2009, 12:32 PM
The Nebulon-B engines work nicely. Flash glare is pain for all customizers. What's it measure length wise?

Darth Duranium
03-20-2009, 04:37 PM
I agree, PB... the flash is not kind to customs or TS-sized ships at all... they look much better in natural light. I'm just too lazy to drag 'em in front of a window :sleeping:

I'm not sure where my tape measure is... but it's almost exactly the same length as the TS Executor SSD.

figrin bran
03-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Flash glare or no flash glare, it still looks great!

Blue2th
03-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Nice! :yes::thumbsup:

Nightside
03-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Great minds think alike, DT. I'm painting the exact same model right now.

Yours looks great. How did you attach the display stand?

Darth Duranium
03-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks, guys!

Great minds think alike, DT. I'm painting the exact same model right now.

Yours looks great. How did you attach the display stand?

Great minds think alike... or is it simple things for simple minds? :)

Kewl, Night... looking forward to seeing your version, no matter the mind situation.

I just drilled a shallow hole at the balance point... here's a pic. I also rebuilt the back section to hold the new engines.

Happy mining!

JediTricks
03-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Not too shabby!